Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 w/ Myriadofstars (PRIVATE)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
@myriadofstars

Hallie immediately felt like an idiot, clapping her hand over her mouth. She was not so worried as Hunter was. The man in front of them was short, with dark hair and an eyepatch over one of his eyes. "I'm your guide," he said bluntly. "What are you doing, just lounging around?"
@myriadofstars

Hallie immediately felt like an idiot, clapping her hand over her mouth. She was not so worried as Hunter was. The man in front of them was short, with dark hair and an eyepatch over one of his eyes. "I'm your guide," he said bluntly. "What are you doing, just lounging around?"
Hunter narrowed their eyes at their guide. "We were eating," they said bluntly. "Since you gave us no indication as to where you would be." They looked their guide over, then nodded. "My name is Hunter," they said.
Hunter narrowed their eyes at their guide. "We were eating," they said bluntly. "Since you gave us no indication as to where you would be." They looked their guide over, then nodded. "My name is Hunter," they said.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

He waved one hand dismissively. "I was on my way, you're just being fussy." He adjusted his posture slightly. "I don't really care. Come on, let's go." With that, he span and started walking. "Um, I'm Hallie," she began with an offer. "You don't need to be upset. I've got one for you, too." Not that she was listened to.
@myriadofstars

He waved one hand dismissively. "I was on my way, you're just being fussy." He adjusted his posture slightly. "I don't really care. Come on, let's go." With that, he span and started walking. "Um, I'm Hallie," she began with an offer. "You don't need to be upset. I've got one for you, too." Not that she was listened to.
Hunter snorted and began to follow their guide.

"Well he's pleasant, isn't he?" they muttered to Hallie. "'Being fussy', hah!" They turned to their companion. "So, did you have any other questions for me, or is your curiosity satisfied? I know lots of non-Shifters tend to have lots of questions. I don't mind answering, really."
Hunter snorted and began to follow their guide.

"Well he's pleasant, isn't he?" they muttered to Hallie. "'Being fussy', hah!" They turned to their companion. "So, did you have any other questions for me, or is your curiosity satisfied? I know lots of non-Shifters tend to have lots of questions. I don't mind answering, really."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

Hallie sighed in disappointment, having hoped for someone a bit more... Happy to see them. "I... I don't think so right now. I'll ask if I think of any more." She had, but they'd been forgotten with her mood. "It's a shame. I always enjoy it more when my guide is happy to be here. I think he's just for the paycheque." She kept her voice low, so the man would not overhear.
@myriadofstars

Hallie sighed in disappointment, having hoped for someone a bit more... Happy to see them. "I... I don't think so right now. I'll ask if I think of any more." She had, but they'd been forgotten with her mood. "It's a shame. I always enjoy it more when my guide is happy to be here. I think he's just for the paycheque." She kept her voice low, so the man would not overhear.
Hunter shrugged. "A lot of people are. He's not my first brusque guide; nor will he be my last."

Hopefully.

"So," they began. "What about you? I just realized I don't know much about you, other than that you grew up in one of the older-fashioned villages. What are your parents like?"
Hunter shrugged. "A lot of people are. He's not my first brusque guide; nor will he be my last."

Hopefully.

"So," they began. "What about you? I just realized I don't know much about you, other than that you grew up in one of the older-fashioned villages. What are your parents like?"
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

"Well, I still wish we could have someone cheerful," Hallie mumbled. The man didn't seem melancholy, just not that interested in them. She considered the question. "Mediocre at best. They own a small farm. You know, cows and stuff. It's pretty normal for people where I come from. Well, all over the country, really."
@myriadofstars

"Well, I still wish we could have someone cheerful," Hallie mumbled. The man didn't seem melancholy, just not that interested in them. She considered the question. "Mediocre at best. They own a small farm. You know, cows and stuff. It's pretty normal for people where I come from. Well, all over the country, really."
Hunter nodded. Apart from what they privately liked to call "tragic backstories", that seemed to be the most common background for the hunters they'd come across.

"I grew up in the city, actually," they said. "Part of why I liked flying with my mom so much – it got me away from there. She and I were a pretty common sight in our city. Our resident Golden Eagle and her Hawk child, as it were."
Hunter nodded. Apart from what they privately liked to call "tragic backstories", that seemed to be the most common background for the hunters they'd come across.

"I grew up in the city, actually," they said. "Part of why I liked flying with my mom so much – it got me away from there. She and I were a pretty common sight in our city. Our resident Golden Eagle and her Hawk child, as it were."
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

"I've never been a big fan of cities. I don't like the noise..." Hallie wasn't a big fan about how quiet everything was. She began to notice their guide was walking in a very particular fashion, refusing to step on certain areas even though they looked the same as everywhere else to her. "It's easier in the countryside. You just shoot monsters, or foxes, I guess, and then carry on. Cities always have a new problem."
@myriadofstars

"I've never been a big fan of cities. I don't like the noise..." Hallie wasn't a big fan about how quiet everything was. She began to notice their guide was walking in a very particular fashion, refusing to step on certain areas even though they looked the same as everywhere else to her. "It's easier in the countryside. You just shoot monsters, or foxes, I guess, and then carry on. Cities always have a new problem."
Hunter nodded. "Yeah, it was nice to get away from it all once in a while. Honestly, I never did figure out how Dad could stand it..."

They trailed off. They had noticed the same thing as Hallie, and were currently trying to figure out what the man was doing. Maybe he was avoiding leaves?

Or maybe there were traps. Hunter caught Hallie's arm.

"I would step where our guide is stepping," they muttered.
Hunter nodded. "Yeah, it was nice to get away from it all once in a while. Honestly, I never did figure out how Dad could stand it..."

They trailed off. They had noticed the same thing as Hallie, and were currently trying to figure out what the man was doing. Maybe he was avoiding leaves?

Or maybe there were traps. Hunter caught Hallie's arm.

"I would step where our guide is stepping," they muttered.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14