Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [PRIVATE] Just a mini roleplay
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102513_350.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]The lanterns surrounding them flickered, their light shining bright against the darkened night. Haven was the first to approach Shade after he had made it to the arbor. He smiled, his black scales seeming to glow against both the bright yellow lights of the lanterns and the eery blue one of the candles that floated around him, moving in sync with Haven's spindly body. Haven floated over to Shade, treats resting between his claws. He was as black as night and if it wasn't for the lanterns and his candles, he'd be absolutely unnoticeable in the dark. "Why so nervous friend?" Haven chuckled as he began to fill to bag with goodies. He floated around Shade, dropping in a treat with each circle he made. "You look like you just saw a ghost. It's only me though. Just your local thief who's not allowed to steal for this very special night." The black leaves attached to Haven's body rustled with his gentle movements and it could be noticed that the arbor he was once standing at was made of the same stuff plus things like black feathers and odd looking beads among other things. Haven hummed as he went around Shade for the 5th time. He stopped in front of him and he settled on the ground. "You really shouldn't be so nervous. I'm not going to bite," Haven stated. He paused for a moment. "Though Luci might. She's an odd one." Haven's neck twirled around Shade, sneaking up into the scarf he wore and out. "Oh wow this is really warm. My gosh, you really came prepared tonight. So," Haven began, his head and neck being way too close for comfort. "Why the nerves? Afraid of me? Or of yourself?"[/font][/size]
47102513_350.png

The lanterns surrounding them flickered, their light shining bright against the darkened night. Haven was the first to approach Shade after he had made it to the arbor. He smiled, his black scales seeming to glow against both the bright yellow lights of the lanterns and the eery blue one of the candles that floated around him, moving in sync with Haven's spindly body. Haven floated over to Shade, treats resting between his claws. He was as black as night and if it wasn't for the lanterns and his candles, he'd be absolutely unnoticeable in the dark.

"Why so nervous friend?" Haven chuckled as he began to fill to bag with goodies. He floated around Shade, dropping in a treat with each circle he made. "You look like you just saw a ghost. It's only me though. Just your local thief who's not allowed to steal for this very special night."

The black leaves attached to Haven's body rustled with his gentle movements and it could be noticed that the arbor he was once standing at was made of the same stuff plus things like black feathers and odd looking beads among other things. Haven hummed as he went around Shade for the 5th time. He stopped in front of him and he settled on the ground.

"You really shouldn't be so nervous. I'm not going to bite," Haven stated. He paused for a moment. "Though Luci might. She's an odd one." Haven's neck twirled around Shade, sneaking up into the scarf he wore and out. "Oh wow this is really warm. My gosh, you really came prepared tonight. So," Haven began, his head and neck being way too close for comfort. "Why the nerves? Afraid of me? Or of yourself?"
egg_wind_bounce_by_dogi_crimson-da9ojh4.gif

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31699314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316994/31699314_350.png[/img] [/url] Shade swallowed hard, leaning back slightly as Haven came up right next to him. Did he know? No. No? No. He was just messing with him. Probably. Hopefully. He shouldn't panic, that would ruin everything. Just stay calm, stay calm, stay calm. "I-I'm not scared of you." He whispered, his voice shaking. Was that true though? Yes? The Spiral didn't seem dangerous. Not yet, at least. "I, uh, just don't get out much." Wait, did he say he was a thief? Why should he trust him then. He did say it couldn't steal tonight though. He could easily lie. But the Pearlcatcher, the one who hadn't spoken yet, would stop him if he tried anything, right? Best ot hope. Besides, being a thief was nothing compared to what Shade was.[/center]

31699314_350.png

Shade swallowed hard, leaning back slightly as Haven came up right next to him. Did he know? No. No? No. He was just messing with him. Probably. Hopefully. He shouldn't panic, that would ruin everything. Just stay calm, stay calm, stay calm.

"I-I'm not scared of you." He whispered, his voice shaking. Was that true though? Yes? The Spiral didn't seem dangerous. Not yet, at least. "I, uh, just don't get out much."

Wait, did he say he was a thief? Why should he trust him then. He did say it couldn't steal tonight though. He could easily lie. But the Pearlcatcher, the one who hadn't spoken yet, would stop him if he tried anything, right? Best ot hope. Besides, being a thief was nothing compared to what Shade was.
oaONRiZ.png Void | XmHV7tO.png | PobckJN.png | bYt72YT.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102513_350.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]Haven examined the information given to him by Shade and backed off. “You’re definitely scared. What’s wrong?” Haven asked, his head retracting into his good at the realization that Shade could have seen his eyes. There was a possibility that he had and normally Haven wouldn’t mind but this one was weird and for some odd reason he felt safer when no one knew who he was or where he came from. He had a list of weird treaters in mind ranging from the mirror dragon that told him to keep smiling, the weird edgy people that showed up every now and then and of course every dragon that Luci ended up tending to. The only reason Haven had been the one to approach Shade was because he seemed overly nervous and Haven was, at the very least, less scary than Luci. Especially since they had implanted a parasitic demon in her just for the occasion of Halloween. She wouldn’t have been able to speak otherwise but as a demon collector of sorts, she knew what to do. “You seem really not okay.”[/font][/size]
47102513_350.png

Haven examined the information given to him by Shade and backed off. “You’re definitely scared. What’s wrong?” Haven asked, his head retracting into his good at the realization that Shade could have seen his eyes. There was a possibility that he had and normally Haven wouldn’t mind but this one was weird and for some odd reason he felt safer when no one knew who he was or where he came from. He had a list of weird treaters in mind ranging from the mirror dragon that told him to keep smiling, the weird edgy people that showed up every now and then and of course every dragon that Luci ended up tending to.

The only reason Haven had been the one to approach Shade was because he seemed overly nervous and Haven was, at the very least, less scary than Luci. Especially since they had implanted a parasitic demon in her just for the occasion of Halloween. She wouldn’t have been able to speak otherwise but as a demon collector of sorts, she knew what to do.

“You seem really not okay.”

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31699314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316994/31699314_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh, if only he knew how not okay he truly was. Maybe he did know. No, that was practically impossible. "Oh, it's, uh, nothing really. I'm not a people person is all. I'm alright." Shade laughed slightly, though it was a very nervous laugh showing no signs of enjoyment. He should go, run, hide, never come out. If he did that though, what would they think of him. They would smile, tell him it was alright, but he would see it in their eyes, the disappointment, the sadness, the shame. No, he had to do this. He needed this. If things were ever going to get better, he needed to talk to people. Get use to normal society. Actually live a life. He couldn't run away, not even if he wanted to. He didn't think his wings would stop shaking enough for him to fly, or his legs would unstick themselves from the ground so that he could run.[/center]

31699314_350.png

Oh, if only he knew how not okay he truly was. Maybe he did know. No, that was practically impossible.

"Oh, it's, uh, nothing really. I'm not a people person is all. I'm alright." Shade laughed slightly, though it was a very nervous laugh showing no signs of enjoyment. He should go, run, hide, never come out. If he did that though, what would they think of him. They would smile, tell him it was alright, but he would see it in their eyes, the disappointment, the sadness, the shame. No, he had to do this. He needed this. If things were ever going to get better, he needed to talk to people. Get use to normal society. Actually live a life. He couldn't run away, not even if he wanted to. He didn't think his wings would stop shaking enough for him to fly, or his legs would unstick themselves from the ground so that he could run.
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102513_350.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]Haven studied Shade for a moment and then backed off. Haven sighed. The only reason Haven and Luci agreed that Haven should be the one to approach Shade was because Haven wasn't as terrifying as Luci was but to Haven it seemed that he was just making this poor coatl all the more uncomfortable. Luci wouldn't be any better though. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you're the only charismatic one and your friend is being purposefully possessed by a parasitic demon? Nothing but your best of course. What else is there to do? So Haven sat, contemplating and watching Shade. He had no idea what to do and Luci kept watching from afar, wondering why this interaction was taking so long. Haven realized that he was not only making the poor dude even more nervous but that Shade was shaking in his presence. "Sir, you're trembling. Are you sure you're okay? Would you like me to lead you home or to have Luci do it instead?"[/font][/size]
47102513_350.png

Haven studied Shade for a moment and then backed off. Haven sighed. The only reason Haven and Luci agreed that Haven should be the one to approach Shade was because Haven wasn't as terrifying as Luci was but to Haven it seemed that he was just making this poor coatl all the more uncomfortable. Luci wouldn't be any better though. I mean, what are you supposed to do when you're the only charismatic one and your friend is being purposefully possessed by a parasitic demon? Nothing but your best of course. What else is there to do?

So Haven sat, contemplating and watching Shade. He had no idea what to do and Luci kept watching from afar, wondering why this interaction was taking so long. Haven realized that he was not only making the poor dude even more nervous but that Shade was shaking in his presence.

"Sir, you're trembling. Are you sure you're okay? Would you like me to lead you home or to have Luci do it instead?"

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31699314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316994/31699314_350.png[/img] [/url] No, say no. Run away, never come back. Cower. Hide. Never come out again. Join the dark. Shade couldn't do that though. If he did, all the progress he had made would be lost, pointless. "Oh, I, ah, hadn't noticed." That was a lie, and a kind of obvious one. Shade didn't really care about that though. "I guess I... wouldn't mind it? You guiding me home I mean." Imagine it, coming home to the Starwood Base with [i]another dragon[/i]. Olive might be annoyed, but, Gods, they would all be so proud. Yes, the looks on their faces, their happiness, would be worth this. It had to be[/center]

31699314_350.png

No, say no. Run away, never come back. Cower. Hide. Never come out again. Join the dark. Shade couldn't do that though. If he did, all the progress he had made would be lost, pointless.

"Oh, I, ah, hadn't noticed." That was a lie, and a kind of obvious one. Shade didn't really care about that though. "I guess I... wouldn't mind it? You guiding me home I mean." Imagine it, coming home to the Starwood Base with another dragon. Olive might be annoyed, but, Gods, they would all be so proud. Yes, the looks on their faces, their happiness, would be worth this. It had to be
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102513_350.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]Haven gave a nod to Luci who then did some odd movements back at the arbor. [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/460354/46035340_350.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/550340/55033985_350.png[/img] "Is he seriously leaving?" A skydancer asked. He was blue and green and had yellow markings like lightning all over his body. He sighed, coming up out of the ground. "At least I don't have to be there anymore." Luci said something back wordlessly but Haven didn't seem to care about any of that conversation. Her eyes moved to Haven and Shade and she pointed them out for no apparent reason to them, the cobwebs on her wings shifting as she moved. "I guess I'm going with you then mister. You should know my name, love. It's Haven for reference. What's yours?" Haven asked.[/font][/size]
47102513_350.png

Haven gave a nod to Luci who then did some odd movements back at the arbor.

46035340_350.png55033985_350.png

"Is he seriously leaving?" A skydancer asked. He was blue and green and had yellow markings like lightning all over his body. He sighed, coming up out of the ground. "At least I don't have to be there anymore." Luci said something back wordlessly but Haven didn't seem to care about any of that conversation. Her eyes moved to Haven and Shade and she pointed them out for no apparent reason to them, the cobwebs on her wings shifting as she moved.

"I guess I'm going with you then mister. You should know my name, love. It's Haven for reference. What's yours?" Haven asked.

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31699314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316994/31699314_350.png[/img] [/url] A small amount of heat creeped onto Shade when he was called 'love'. He thanked the Arcanist that he was wearing a mask though, so no one would see it on him, unless they were looking for it. "I'm Shade. It's... Nice to meet you, Haven." Should he shake his hand, or would that be to forward? Best not to risk it. Glancing over at Luci and the new dragons, he had to blink a couple of times for his eyes to adjust to the sudden, bright colors of the Skydancer. Should he say something to them? No, no, he would probably just annoy them.[/center]

31699314_350.png

A small amount of heat creeped onto Shade when he was called 'love'. He thanked the Arcanist that he was wearing a mask though, so no one would see it on him, unless they were looking for it.

"I'm Shade. It's... Nice to meet you, Haven." Should he shake his hand, or would that be to forward? Best not to risk it. Glancing over at Luci and the new dragons, he had to blink a couple of times for his eyes to adjust to the sudden, bright colors of the Skydancer. Should he say something to them? No, no, he would probably just annoy them.
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/471026/47102513_350.png[/img][/center] [font=Georgia][size=4]"A pleasure to meet you, Shade," Haven chuckled. "So where do you live and how shall I bring you there?" Haven asked, smoothing out the leaves decorating his body. He adjusted the hood over his head and watched Shade with an odd curiosity.[/font][/size]
47102513_350.png

"A pleasure to meet you, Shade," Haven chuckled. "So where do you live and how shall I bring you there?" Haven asked, smoothing out the leaves decorating his body. He adjusted the hood over his head and watched Shade with an odd curiosity.

call me sal
he/him | FR +1
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31699314] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/316994/31699314_350.png[/img] [/url] "Oh, I live down in the Starwood Strand at a base. It's a subsect of the main clan." Truthfully, Shade had actually never meet the members of the main clan, and they didn't even know he existed. They had told him that they wouldn't mind him, but... He wasn't ready, not yet. Living with six over dragons could already be stressful enough, but with an entire clan... No, it wasn't possible yet.[/center]

31699314_350.png

"Oh, I live down in the Starwood Strand at a base. It's a subsect of the main clan." Truthfully, Shade had actually never meet the members of the main clan, and they didn't even know he existed. They had told him that they wouldn't mind him, but... He wasn't ready, not yet. Living with six over dragons could already be stressful enough, but with an entire clan... No, it wasn't possible yet.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 24 25