Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Morph Academy (Closed) (Small group)
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 84 85
The man smiled back. "Oh! I'm Johnny, by the way." he waved slightly, sitting on the other side of Lai.
Danny liked this tall boy. He was soft.
"Did you guys see those black birds out there when you came, or was it just me?" Johnny queried suddenly. "Like, they were pretty big and mean-looking, kinda like a Doberman." he slightly squirmed at the thought, not having good experiences with Doberman dogs.
The man smiled back. "Oh! I'm Johnny, by the way." he waved slightly, sitting on the other side of Lai.
Danny liked this tall boy. He was soft.
"Did you guys see those black birds out there when you came, or was it just me?" Johnny queried suddenly. "Like, they were pretty big and mean-looking, kinda like a Doberman." he slightly squirmed at the thought, not having good experiences with Doberman dogs.
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
"I know! They were pretty intimidating." Lai adjusted his glasses. "I didn't get a long enough look at them to determine if they were crows or ravens. One of those."
"I know! They were pretty intimidating." Lai adjusted his glasses. "I didn't get a long enough look at them to determine if they were crows or ravens. One of those."
oof maaaannn
Misha's blood ran cold. No sooner had he set the packet of papers on his desk did he hear the sound that made his heart plummet through the floor. He felt frozen for the third time in his life. He had felt as though his legs had been turned into gelatin capped with cement clogs. He felt the ache of his muscles screaming-- or was it just the bird's call ringing in his ears? When did he reach the steps? The doors? Why was he outside now? The chemical having been blown away from him sooner, the sedative mixed with it-- steam was rolling off of his barren arms in waves as his core began to rapidly heat up.

His eyes were wide-- yet he didn't see Alaine or Flame, nearly barreling through the both of them-- when did he start running? He could smell it-- the unmistakable coppery scent filled his mind, his nose, his lungs. No... No no no... not again! Not again! He never slowed, he was closing in fast on the source, and the closer he got-- the more familiar it was. Crow's blood. He sidestepped and roll off any trees he couldn't avoid, unstoppable in this panic inducing rush. He could see something-- a dark lump on the ground, slicked and matted. Worse, he saw someone walking away from it-- with bloodied hands.

"NO!" His voice rang out like a clap of thunder. The steam rolling off of him had become visible by now, bringing him to sweat. One moment, his feet left the ground. The next, his paws hit the dirt. Somewhere between, he had shifted in the same explosive manor as before-- man blurring into beast in such a violent burst it was unrecognizable the exact moment of the shift. The rush of adrenaline, Flame's mercy, a dead crow-- No, he didn't see the crow... he saw her laying there...

His feral roar echo through the forest. He had his eyes locked on target. The only thing between them was trees and distance, and those would only slow him, never stop.
Misha's blood ran cold. No sooner had he set the packet of papers on his desk did he hear the sound that made his heart plummet through the floor. He felt frozen for the third time in his life. He had felt as though his legs had been turned into gelatin capped with cement clogs. He felt the ache of his muscles screaming-- or was it just the bird's call ringing in his ears? When did he reach the steps? The doors? Why was he outside now? The chemical having been blown away from him sooner, the sedative mixed with it-- steam was rolling off of his barren arms in waves as his core began to rapidly heat up.

His eyes were wide-- yet he didn't see Alaine or Flame, nearly barreling through the both of them-- when did he start running? He could smell it-- the unmistakable coppery scent filled his mind, his nose, his lungs. No... No no no... not again! Not again! He never slowed, he was closing in fast on the source, and the closer he got-- the more familiar it was. Crow's blood. He sidestepped and roll off any trees he couldn't avoid, unstoppable in this panic inducing rush. He could see something-- a dark lump on the ground, slicked and matted. Worse, he saw someone walking away from it-- with bloodied hands.

"NO!" His voice rang out like a clap of thunder. The steam rolling off of him had become visible by now, bringing him to sweat. One moment, his feet left the ground. The next, his paws hit the dirt. Somewhere between, he had shifted in the same explosive manor as before-- man blurring into beast in such a violent burst it was unrecognizable the exact moment of the shift. The rush of adrenaline, Flame's mercy, a dead crow-- No, he didn't see the crow... he saw her laying there...

His feral roar echo through the forest. He had his eyes locked on target. The only thing between them was trees and distance, and those would only slow him, never stop.
I am the lucid dream...
...The monster in your nightmares...
...The fiend of a thousand faces.
The scent of blood hit me with the force of a rain and I immediately shot off. I hit a clearing, the stench of blood forcing me to my knees. My chest tightened to where I couldn't breathe. I wanted to scream. The crow calls hurt my ears and I could hear the pain in their voices. "No...No, no, no, Vernaris..." Tears rolled down my cheeks and hit the forest floor as sparks snapped and crackled.

The admins tore through the halls in wolf form, their formation holding steady even as their panic rolled off of them. Cobalt was back and at Jet's left side as he shot into the lobby and out the door in a millisecond.

I didn't even notice the two figures a while away. I couldn't. No. No. No. Not again. Not again.

My fingers itched for my blade, fatigue long forgotten.

I couldn't hold it back any longer. I screamed. In pain, rage and loss. The sound morphed into a fury filled roar that shook the trees and made my own ears ring.

But I couldn't move. Tears streamed down my face and I was rooted to the ground, cupping the dead crow's body close to my chest. NOT AGAIN! I...I can't...

I screamed again. I didn't care that my voice was hoarse and my throat burned. I screamed for as long as I was physically able.

I wanted to double over in pain. I wanted to curl up and cry. But most of all. At that moment...

I wanted to die.
The scent of blood hit me with the force of a rain and I immediately shot off. I hit a clearing, the stench of blood forcing me to my knees. My chest tightened to where I couldn't breathe. I wanted to scream. The crow calls hurt my ears and I could hear the pain in their voices. "No...No, no, no, Vernaris..." Tears rolled down my cheeks and hit the forest floor as sparks snapped and crackled.

The admins tore through the halls in wolf form, their formation holding steady even as their panic rolled off of them. Cobalt was back and at Jet's left side as he shot into the lobby and out the door in a millisecond.

I didn't even notice the two figures a while away. I couldn't. No. No. No. Not again. Not again.

My fingers itched for my blade, fatigue long forgotten.

I couldn't hold it back any longer. I screamed. In pain, rage and loss. The sound morphed into a fury filled roar that shook the trees and made my own ears ring.

But I couldn't move. Tears streamed down my face and I was rooted to the ground, cupping the dead crow's body close to my chest. NOT AGAIN! I...I can't...

I screamed again. I didn't care that my voice was hoarse and my throat burned. I screamed for as long as I was physically able.

I wanted to double over in pain. I wanted to curl up and cry. But most of all. At that moment...

I wanted to die.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
‘Guess it could have been worse...’ Then again it was in a school setting, so...maybe not. Detention seemed like it would be the worst part of it from his own stand-point, considering he could hardly shift anyways any restrictions probably wouldn’t be of much issue. That didn’t stop him from feeling a bit bad for the others, especially after quite a few had already been wigged our about not being able to shift. Then there was rooming together which wouldn’t be so bad considering they were supposed to be a team. No different from camping indoors, right?

Except for the part where it was with a bunch of people you hardly knew and they all wanted to throttle each other it seemed. Or watch each other get throttled. Or disappear, or—

...For the sake of his own sanity, he’d just keep lying to himself until proven otherwise.

After the admins had dismissed them all and gone to handle their own agendas, Luca leaned his head back with a light ‘thunk’ against the wall. A brief pause, considering going to claim his own place with the new arrangmenrts, only to find another person talking to him instead.

Blue eyes regaurded the other curiously for a moment, remembering him as the one who burst into the room frazzled. The other hadn’t even been around when the fight happened, but was punished all the same which did irk the shifter and was evident in a slight shift of his gaze. He made sure to right himself, pleasant tone still there so as to bring the other boy anymore grief then he may already be dealing with, “Luca—“

The sudden shift of attention and taller boy straying away to go talk to someone else only served to prod at the dragon shifter further, a low rumble rising in his throat but quickly shoved down. No. Don’t be like that. Maybe he knows them, maybe something happened that went unseen, maybe—

He shook his head slightly, blonde bangs falling more in his face with the motion. Going back to plan A, he pushed himself against the wall fully and stride in the direction which a couple of the other shifters had already gone.

If one could bring themselves to ignore the glass and more cagey feeling parts of the room, it was arguably impressive. Different sorts of beds, seemingly on a handful of single ones with bunks in one of the far corners. The Height made it incredibly tempting to go steal one of the top bunks and make it his own home, but a looming waryness overoad it quick. The bed in the corner opposite of Misha’s had become his in a moment, flopping down unceremoniously on top of it and letting his limbs go limp.

Peace never lasted here apparently though, shooting back up to be sitting and leaning on one hand. The loud sound of birds— corvids— crows?— was coming from outside, eyes pupils narrowing just a fraction as he better tapped into his hearing and went still as a statue. It seemed to be endless, only being mildly cut through by foot-steps of different kinds, making him sit up in a cat-like manner but otherwise remained motionless.

Was something wrong? There were screeches and roars— surly that couldn’t be good? Adrenaline was already start to flood his veins, feathers threatening to poke from his wrists only for rapid attempts to try and calm the motion.
‘Guess it could have been worse...’ Then again it was in a school setting, so...maybe not. Detention seemed like it would be the worst part of it from his own stand-point, considering he could hardly shift anyways any restrictions probably wouldn’t be of much issue. That didn’t stop him from feeling a bit bad for the others, especially after quite a few had already been wigged our about not being able to shift. Then there was rooming together which wouldn’t be so bad considering they were supposed to be a team. No different from camping indoors, right?

Except for the part where it was with a bunch of people you hardly knew and they all wanted to throttle each other it seemed. Or watch each other get throttled. Or disappear, or—

...For the sake of his own sanity, he’d just keep lying to himself until proven otherwise.

After the admins had dismissed them all and gone to handle their own agendas, Luca leaned his head back with a light ‘thunk’ against the wall. A brief pause, considering going to claim his own place with the new arrangmenrts, only to find another person talking to him instead.

Blue eyes regaurded the other curiously for a moment, remembering him as the one who burst into the room frazzled. The other hadn’t even been around when the fight happened, but was punished all the same which did irk the shifter and was evident in a slight shift of his gaze. He made sure to right himself, pleasant tone still there so as to bring the other boy anymore grief then he may already be dealing with, “Luca—“

The sudden shift of attention and taller boy straying away to go talk to someone else only served to prod at the dragon shifter further, a low rumble rising in his throat but quickly shoved down. No. Don’t be like that. Maybe he knows them, maybe something happened that went unseen, maybe—

He shook his head slightly, blonde bangs falling more in his face with the motion. Going back to plan A, he pushed himself against the wall fully and stride in the direction which a couple of the other shifters had already gone.

If one could bring themselves to ignore the glass and more cagey feeling parts of the room, it was arguably impressive. Different sorts of beds, seemingly on a handful of single ones with bunks in one of the far corners. The Height made it incredibly tempting to go steal one of the top bunks and make it his own home, but a looming waryness overoad it quick. The bed in the corner opposite of Misha’s had become his in a moment, flopping down unceremoniously on top of it and letting his limbs go limp.

Peace never lasted here apparently though, shooting back up to be sitting and leaning on one hand. The loud sound of birds— corvids— crows?— was coming from outside, eyes pupils narrowing just a fraction as he better tapped into his hearing and went still as a statue. It seemed to be endless, only being mildly cut through by foot-steps of different kinds, making him sit up in a cat-like manner but otherwise remained motionless.

Was something wrong? There were screeches and roars— surly that couldn’t be good? Adrenaline was already start to flood his veins, feathers threatening to poke from his wrists only for rapid attempts to try and calm the motion.
sgriffin-3398-58_8_13_6_3_10.png
Honestly, Cain was not impressed. He couldn’t imagine actually liking something...or crying over its death. That would be weak. And he was not weak. Not like this poor, pathetic person. He watched her with a glaring eye, frowning over his shoulder.

Why would she waste her power on weakness? Why would she do that! She could be so powerful and strong and she was crying over a f*cking dead bird? The boy was mostly...confused, more than anything. Thankfully, at least he could shift now...mostly. Hopefully. Just in case she was..weirder.

Birds. Cain had always hated them....
A lithe wren has been floating outside his window for a while now. The tiny child leaned against the sill, head carefully rested right on it to see closer. He couldn’t escape the glass prison, but the bird was ever so hypnotic in its hopping, graceful movements.

Cain (though he wasn’t called that) leaned closer, eyes bright, until his little nose touched the window, almost scaring the curious wren away.
“Don’t go rubbing your snot all over the windows,” young’un,” a jovial tone echoed through the house, and Cain sheepishly turned to face a tall, elegant lady, maybe 60 or 70 years old, but she as graceful as ever.

“Sorry, Miss Edna!” He chimed, happily running over to clutch her dress happily. Her calm blue eyes kindly looked down at him.

Then the door screeched open.

Cain narrowed his eyes at the vivid memory, lips twitching up. Whatever. He turned, shifting as he did, to gallop off into the woods.
Honestly, Cain was not impressed. He couldn’t imagine actually liking something...or crying over its death. That would be weak. And he was not weak. Not like this poor, pathetic person. He watched her with a glaring eye, frowning over his shoulder.

Why would she waste her power on weakness? Why would she do that! She could be so powerful and strong and she was crying over a f*cking dead bird? The boy was mostly...confused, more than anything. Thankfully, at least he could shift now...mostly. Hopefully. Just in case she was..weirder.

Birds. Cain had always hated them....
A lithe wren has been floating outside his window for a while now. The tiny child leaned against the sill, head carefully rested right on it to see closer. He couldn’t escape the glass prison, but the bird was ever so hypnotic in its hopping, graceful movements.

Cain (though he wasn’t called that) leaned closer, eyes bright, until his little nose touched the window, almost scaring the curious wren away.
“Don’t go rubbing your snot all over the windows,” young’un,” a jovial tone echoed through the house, and Cain sheepishly turned to face a tall, elegant lady, maybe 60 or 70 years old, but she as graceful as ever.

“Sorry, Miss Edna!” He chimed, happily running over to clutch her dress happily. Her calm blue eyes kindly looked down at him.

Then the door screeched open.

Cain narrowed his eyes at the vivid memory, lips twitching up. Whatever. He turned, shifting as he did, to gallop off into the woods.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
Feerx pulled his knees to his chest and watched Lai and Danny go interact with that new guy. The really big guy. The one that scared him.

Gritting his teeth, Feerx closed his eyes and fought the bad feeling that was growing in his chest, his breathing hitching a little. He didn't want to see what was going on outside. He could hear the noises. He could feel that pain.

Was home better than this?
Feerx pulled his knees to his chest and watched Lai and Danny go interact with that new guy. The really big guy. The one that scared him.

Gritting his teeth, Feerx closed his eyes and fought the bad feeling that was growing in his chest, his breathing hitching a little. He didn't want to see what was going on outside. He could hear the noises. He could feel that pain.

Was home better than this?
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Hsssssssssss

A bright red and gold glow was starting up under me, quickly spreading. There was no fire, but the leaves shriveled and smoked before pretty much just...exploding. "WhO dId ThIs?" My voice rose and dropped in varying levels and it almost sounded like I was reverbing.

Blood hit the ground as I shifted, I didn't notice. I looked...almost larger, and it soon became apparent that I was, indeed gaining size, breaking from my 10ft constraint. My scales tore, filling the clearing with the horrible sound of ripping skin.

But my eyes glowed.

A bright gold light emanated from my pupil, casting a demonic shadow on my face as a pair of two foot long fangs flicked forward.

I roared.

It was the most horrendous sound that sent most things in the immediate area to their knees...even the admins.

My scales were smoking, the unnaturally black fumes rising up to curl around me as my massive wings shot open.

I was truly a beast made of hellfire.
Hsssssssssss

A bright red and gold glow was starting up under me, quickly spreading. There was no fire, but the leaves shriveled and smoked before pretty much just...exploding. "WhO dId ThIs?" My voice rose and dropped in varying levels and it almost sounded like I was reverbing.

Blood hit the ground as I shifted, I didn't notice. I looked...almost larger, and it soon became apparent that I was, indeed gaining size, breaking from my 10ft constraint. My scales tore, filling the clearing with the horrible sound of ripping skin.

But my eyes glowed.

A bright gold light emanated from my pupil, casting a demonic shadow on my face as a pair of two foot long fangs flicked forward.

I roared.

It was the most horrendous sound that sent most things in the immediate area to their knees...even the admins.

My scales were smoking, the unnaturally black fumes rising up to curl around me as my massive wings shot open.

I was truly a beast made of hellfire.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
Cain yawned and kept running. Now she was throwing a temper tantrum. How nice.
Cain yawned and kept running. Now she was throwing a temper tantrum. How nice.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
Johnny nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the blood-curdling roar.
"What in the Seven Circles of Hel| was that?!?" Danny asked, grabbing instinctively to Lai's shirt.
Johnny let out a whimper, twiddling his thumbs. "Maybe we should go sit in the dorms where it's safe? I'm scared." he admitted openly, not seeming to have an ounce of shame in his body.
Definitely a soft boy, Danny thought, before nodding. "Yeah, I think we should take cover 'till this is over with."
Johnny nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the blood-curdling roar.
"What in the Seven Circles of Hel| was that?!?" Danny asked, grabbing instinctively to Lai's shirt.
Johnny let out a whimper, twiddling his thumbs. "Maybe we should go sit in the dorms where it's safe? I'm scared." he admitted openly, not seeming to have an ounce of shame in his body.
Definitely a soft boy, Danny thought, before nodding. "Yeah, I think we should take cover 'till this is over with."
They/He | My Dappervolk | Proud Father of three cats | In very specific fandoms that are sometimes niche
1 2 ... 78 79 80 81 82 ... 84 85