Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Vanra: The Evil And The Good [LF FIGHTA]
1 2 3
@/Eldarowability
I did want to ask before we begin, I know you said you didn't want to lay out any lore until everyone got their character's in, but I did want to ask about how you want magic to work? Like what sort of spells would be available to the characters who are magically inclined?
@/Eldarowability
I did want to ask before we begin, I know you said you didn't want to lay out any lore until everyone got their character's in, but I did want to ask about how you want magic to work? Like what sort of spells would be available to the characters who are magically inclined?
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@AbyssRanger @NoodleMaster @Clandestino
Signups are now restricted to a melee class. Are all of you subbed? I won’t make it mandatory but if you aren’t all subbed I’m probably gonna forget and @ you anyway.

@/NoodleMaster
Is it alright if hints towards Falgotin’s parents were gradually given as the rp goes on?

@/AbyssRanger
It works the same as D&D, with magic being a sort of net that goes through everything, however some parts of the net are more condensed and other parts have holes, sometimes amplifying or stopping the use of magic in some places. Verbal, movement and material components are required for spells, but more powerful spells require either a great deal more components or a more powerful spellcaster in order to cast or work at all.
@AbyssRanger @NoodleMaster @Clandestino
Signups are now restricted to a melee class. Are all of you subbed? I won’t make it mandatory but if you aren’t all subbed I’m probably gonna forget and @ you anyway.

@/NoodleMaster
Is it alright if hints towards Falgotin’s parents were gradually given as the rp goes on?

@/AbyssRanger
It works the same as D&D, with magic being a sort of net that goes through everything, however some parts of the net are more condensed and other parts have holes, sometimes amplifying or stopping the use of magic in some places. Verbal, movement and material components are required for spells, but more powerful spells require either a great deal more components or a more powerful spellcaster in order to cast or work at all.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
@/Eldarowability
Alright. Now, what if we don't happen to know much about D&D spells and their various components? Like are things going to be exactly the same as D&D or can we just make stuff up or?
@/Eldarowability
Alright. Now, what if we don't happen to know much about D&D spells and their various components? Like are things going to be exactly the same as D&D or can we just make stuff up or?
@Eldarowability

I'm subbed and ready to go!
@Eldarowability

I'm subbed and ready to go!
df49450f-bfcd-11ea-95ce-9fded28effc3.gif6562f9dc-8e67-11e9-92c4-7feca4cd7373.gif
I'm subbed and ready. And of course it would be okay! :3 go nuts
I'm subbed and ready. And of course it would be okay! :3 go nuts
@AbyssRanger
It mostly can be original, given it makes sense. An animal taming spell would likely require a bit of the food that the given animal eats plus some sort of incantation, or a healing spell would need you to touch the wound while speaking certain words, or depending on the Spellcaster’s magic source, they would hold an orb (for example) up and point at something while standing in a certain pose to cast a spell.

Like above, powerful spells require a more experienced caster, so you can just check with me if needed.
@AbyssRanger
It mostly can be original, given it makes sense. An animal taming spell would likely require a bit of the food that the given animal eats plus some sort of incantation, or a healing spell would need you to touch the wound while speaking certain words, or depending on the Spellcaster’s magic source, they would hold an orb (for example) up and point at something while standing in a certain pose to cast a spell.

Like above, powerful spells require a more experienced caster, so you can just check with me if needed.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
@/Elderowability
Okay, sounds good. I will ask if I need approval for something
@/Elderowability
Okay, sounds good. I will ask if I need approval for something
@AbyssRanger
Are you subbed?

@/y’all
I’m writing the starter in between classes, it should be posted in a few hours, hopefully sooner.
@AbyssRanger
Are you subbed?

@/y’all
I’m writing the starter in between classes, it should be posted in a few hours, hopefully sooner.
@/Eldarowabililililility
Yeah, I'm subbed
@/Eldarowabililililility
Yeah, I'm subbed
“My lord, you can’t go out there, the dragon is attacking!” Shouts a guard at a tall, well-built man in a red cape and noble’s clothes. In his hand is a clearly magical sword, shimmering a silver glow around its blade and gold, gem-adorned hilt. “My city needs me. I will not stand here idly while a dragon destroys everything I have built. Grirvalm. This is my city, and I will protect it.”

Approaching the city, the young woman pulls out her spellcasting orb, running into the unguarded entrance of the city, all guards seemed to have taken to fending the dragon from their home. Two great wooden doors hung ajar, and common folk who decided to run were occasionally exiting the city, carrying what they could grab in fear of the massive dragon.

The immensity of the dragon showed itself in comparison to the town hall, a taller stone and wood building in the center of the city, which it dwarfed several times over. Guards swarmed it’s clawed legs and attempted climbing it’s swaying tail. It’s backwards pointed horns adorned it’s fire breathing head, spewing a single continuous flame around the city as it rampaged.
“My lord, you can’t go out there, the dragon is attacking!” Shouts a guard at a tall, well-built man in a red cape and noble’s clothes. In his hand is a clearly magical sword, shimmering a silver glow around its blade and gold, gem-adorned hilt. “My city needs me. I will not stand here idly while a dragon destroys everything I have built. Grirvalm. This is my city, and I will protect it.”

Approaching the city, the young woman pulls out her spellcasting orb, running into the unguarded entrance of the city, all guards seemed to have taken to fending the dragon from their home. Two great wooden doors hung ajar, and common folk who decided to run were occasionally exiting the city, carrying what they could grab in fear of the massive dragon.

The immensity of the dragon showed itself in comparison to the town hall, a taller stone and wood building in the center of the city, which it dwarfed several times over. Guards swarmed it’s clawed legs and attempted climbing it’s swaying tail. It’s backwards pointed horns adorned it’s fire breathing head, spewing a single continuous flame around the city as it rampaged.
1 2 3