Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 with SkullLotus
1 2
( @SkullLotus I've subbed to the thread so no need to ping me when you reply. Also a note I think I forgot to mention? Ascaris is a subspecies so he doesnt' look like a standard imperial, he has three sets of horns and three sets of wings, and thick armoured plating on his front claws.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26972956] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269730/26972956_350.png[/img] [/url] Ascaris wandered down the beach. He tried to keep his head up and his stance normal, but he couldn't hide the fact that he was tired. His stomach dragged on the sand, which got thrown into the air by his movement and settled on his jacket and wings. He gave up keeping his head up and let it drop, and started searching the ground. What was he looking for? Traces, mostly. A feather, a footprint, a discarded spine sheathe, anything that pointed to someone who was friendly. Or, most importantly, alive. He had been alone since the disaster struck. He wasn't even sure what the disaster was, he must be in shock from it. All he knew was that he was alone, his brother was gone, and he had to find him. He knew very well that his brother could be dead, but he chose to ignore that thought. He continued onward, at least managing to keep his wings off the ground, but his feet and tail still dragged.
( @SkullLotus I've subbed to the thread so no need to ping me when you reply. Also a note I think I forgot to mention? Ascaris is a subspecies so he doesnt' look like a standard imperial, he has three sets of horns and three sets of wings, and thick armoured plating on his front claws.)

26972956_350.png

Ascaris wandered down the beach. He tried to keep his head up and his stance normal, but he couldn't hide the fact that he was tired. His stomach dragged on the sand, which got thrown into the air by his movement and settled on his jacket and wings. He gave up keeping his head up and let it drop, and started searching the ground.

What was he looking for? Traces, mostly. A feather, a footprint, a discarded spine sheathe, anything that pointed to someone who was friendly. Or, most importantly, alive. He had been alone since the disaster struck. He wasn't even sure what the disaster was, he must be in shock from it. All he knew was that he was alone, his brother was gone, and he had to find him. He knew very well that his brother could be dead, but he chose to ignore that thought. He continued onward, at least managing to keep his wings off the ground, but his feet and tail still dragged.
Hanging by a broken thread
(Ah! Thats pretty cool! That reminded me that my dragon here has wings that are made of water and just for show/unusable. I'm also subbed now) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43414574] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/434146/43414574_350.png[/img] [/url] Sean paced around his small room, gathering his mantle wrapping and it around him. Today had been exceptionally windy, causing all his wind chimes to go crazy, making horrendous sounds like fingernails against a chalkboard. It also made sand blow through the window dusting everything. It was fine. The Imperial could just sweep it up later. Right now, he wanted to comb the beach for some shells to entertain himself with. It had been boring ever since his clan's ship had crashed. He wasn't sure how or why it did, but apparently whatever disaster caused it to do so. It was quite morbid after that, dead bodies and broken cargo littering the beach. But that was a long time ago. Now, the sea claimed the bodies and ship, bits and pieces floating out there somewhere. Everyday he wondered if he might find something from the ship make it's way up to the sand along with shells.
(Ah! Thats pretty cool! That reminded me that my dragon here has wings that are made of water and just for show/unusable. I'm also subbed now)

43414574_350.png

Sean paced around his small room, gathering his mantle wrapping and it around him. Today had been exceptionally windy, causing all his wind chimes to go crazy, making horrendous sounds like fingernails against a chalkboard. It also made sand blow through the window dusting everything. It was fine. The Imperial could just sweep it up later. Right now, he wanted to comb the beach for some shells to entertain himself with.

It had been boring ever since his clan's ship had crashed. He wasn't sure how or why it did, but apparently whatever disaster caused it to do so. It was quite morbid after that, dead bodies and broken cargo littering the beach. But that was a long time ago. Now, the sea claimed the bodies and ship, bits and pieces floating out there somewhere. Everyday he wondered if he might find something from the ship make it's way up to the sand along with shells.
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
(Ooh I love that water wing thing, and that dragon is beautiful)

Ascaris raised his head when his ears picked up the sound of the chimes. It took him a moment to identify what the sound was, or what he thought it was. His hopes were raised for a moment, but he quickly told himself that they were probably in yet another abandoned lair. Even if it was abandoned, it was somewhere to go to, so he sped up his pace and headed towards the sound. He kept his wings slightly flared, not to be intimidating, but just to make himself look larger and easier to spot. Yeah maybe that was a bad decision, maybe a hostile stranger would spot and target him, but honestly at this point he would welcome any social interaction. He also let his movement cause noise, letting his claws hit rocks and cause sounds, so he wouldn't accidentally sneak up on anyone and scare someone into thinking he was hostile.
(Ooh I love that water wing thing, and that dragon is beautiful)

Ascaris raised his head when his ears picked up the sound of the chimes. It took him a moment to identify what the sound was, or what he thought it was. His hopes were raised for a moment, but he quickly told himself that they were probably in yet another abandoned lair. Even if it was abandoned, it was somewhere to go to, so he sped up his pace and headed towards the sound. He kept his wings slightly flared, not to be intimidating, but just to make himself look larger and easier to spot. Yeah maybe that was a bad decision, maybe a hostile stranger would spot and target him, but honestly at this point he would welcome any social interaction. He also let his movement cause noise, letting his claws hit rocks and cause sounds, so he wouldn't accidentally sneak up on anyone and scare someone into thinking he was hostile.
(ahhhhhh! Thank you!)

Making his way out of his house, he paused at the doorway looking at the messy but large array of wind chimes. Maybe it would be best to take down a few of the chimes. But... They could also help him lead his way home if he got to caught up in beachcombing. Something broke his train of thought. Through all noise of wind and chimes, Sean heard something that couldn't be made by nature. Like someone or something was out there! Quickly looking out for something moving he squinted his eyes. A dragon like came running at him, large gold wings raving and ranting. "H-hello?"

Maybe today he wasn't going to look for shells.
(ahhhhhh! Thank you!)

Making his way out of his house, he paused at the doorway looking at the messy but large array of wind chimes. Maybe it would be best to take down a few of the chimes. But... They could also help him lead his way home if he got to caught up in beachcombing. Something broke his train of thought. Through all noise of wind and chimes, Sean heard something that couldn't be made by nature. Like someone or something was out there! Quickly looking out for something moving he squinted his eyes. A dragon like came running at him, large gold wings raving and ranting. "H-hello?"

Maybe today he wasn't going to look for shells.
He spotted the stranger and slowed down, then stopped walking completely. For a second his heart raced and he saw the silver wings and many spines of his brother, but it only took him a moment to realize that that wasn't his brother, and he felt foolish for even getting his hopes up; this dragon didn't even look anything like his brother. He hid the disappointment on his face, but it was just replaced with confusion. Even though he had been hoping to find someone alive, he hadn't expected he would, so now he was a little unsure on how to actually react. He lowered his wings slightly, so he wouldn't come off like he was trying to be intimidating, "...Hello."
He spotted the stranger and slowed down, then stopped walking completely. For a second his heart raced and he saw the silver wings and many spines of his brother, but it only took him a moment to realize that that wasn't his brother, and he felt foolish for even getting his hopes up; this dragon didn't even look anything like his brother. He hid the disappointment on his face, but it was just replaced with confusion. Even though he had been hoping to find someone alive, he hadn't expected he would, so now he was a little unsure on how to actually react. He lowered his wings slightly, so he wouldn't come off like he was trying to be intimidating, "...Hello."
Looking at the dragon in a moment of confusion, it hit him like a train that this in fact was a real, live, and breathing thing. Not to mention, a dragon. Someone he was actually able to talk to.Though it wasn't obvious that he was taken aback, he smiled happily in return. "So I wasn't hallucinating, huh?" Sean paused and added a bit more. "You look a bit shabby, no insult intended, maybe you'd like to stop in and rest for a bit? Of course that is if you want to. Totally understand if your scared and wary or whatever- but it's just an invitation!" Moving away from the doorway to the house, he motioned towards the door.
Looking at the dragon in a moment of confusion, it hit him like a train that this in fact was a real, live, and breathing thing. Not to mention, a dragon. Someone he was actually able to talk to.Though it wasn't obvious that he was taken aback, he smiled happily in return. "So I wasn't hallucinating, huh?" Sean paused and added a bit more. "You look a bit shabby, no insult intended, maybe you'd like to stop in and rest for a bit? Of course that is if you want to. Totally understand if your scared and wary or whatever- but it's just an invitation!" Moving away from the doorway to the house, he motioned towards the door.
Ascaris stared at the dragon, then at the door, then back at the dragon, still confused and wondering if this was real or if his mind had finally snapped and he had started imagining companions because he couldn't find any for real. He blinked a few times and forced himself to focus, he smiled back at the dragon, "That, would be nice, thank you." he took a few steps towards the door and peered inside, a little voice in the back of his mind warned 'make sure there aren't any marauders or traps that'll get you!' but he shoved that paranoid voice away. He took a few steps inside and laughed a little, "I'm surprised I don't look shabbier than I do right now, I've been on my own outside for, weeks? Months? Not sure."
Ascaris stared at the dragon, then at the door, then back at the dragon, still confused and wondering if this was real or if his mind had finally snapped and he had started imagining companions because he couldn't find any for real. He blinked a few times and forced himself to focus, he smiled back at the dragon, "That, would be nice, thank you." he took a few steps towards the door and peered inside, a little voice in the back of his mind warned 'make sure there aren't any marauders or traps that'll get you!' but he shoved that paranoid voice away. He took a few steps inside and laughed a little, "I'm surprised I don't look shabbier than I do right now, I've been on my own outside for, weeks? Months? Not sure."
"Months?" Following the dragon inside he laughed a bit as well, "I would have never known! A few weeks I could believe. The wind must've blown all the dust off of you!" Gently closing the door he realized he didn't know what to do next. He saw him, okay. He invited him in, great. The Imperial went in, lovely. Now what? "What's your name?" Sean didn't want to keep or start referring his guest as 'hey you', or 'sir', or anything like that. It would surely start to get on his nerves sooner or later. "I'm Sean."
"Months?" Following the dragon inside he laughed a bit as well, "I would have never known! A few weeks I could believe. The wind must've blown all the dust off of you!" Gently closing the door he realized he didn't know what to do next. He saw him, okay. He invited him in, great. The Imperial went in, lovely. Now what? "What's your name?" Sean didn't want to keep or start referring his guest as 'hey you', or 'sir', or anything like that. It would surely start to get on his nerves sooner or later. "I'm Sean."
"Honestly, I tried to keep track of the days at first, but by now I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to log a few days, or weeks." He sighed, "Time seems to have both dragged to a stop and sped up until the days melt into eachother." He paused for a moment, frowning, but quickly returned to a friendly demeanor and smiled at the other dragon, "My name is Ascaris, it's good to meet you, Sean."
"Honestly, I tried to keep track of the days at first, but by now I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot to log a few days, or weeks." He sighed, "Time seems to have both dragged to a stop and sped up until the days melt into eachother." He paused for a moment, frowning, but quickly returned to a friendly demeanor and smiled at the other dragon, "My name is Ascaris, it's good to meet you, Sean."
"Ascaris, huh? Pretty cool name." He laughed, "I wish my name was a bit cooler like that." Making his way into the small kitchen the placed housed, Sean opened the cabinets shuffling some things around. "So... Do you want some tea? I'm new to having guests in my house. Not sure what to really do." Grabbing some tea packets he laid them out and waited for an answer.
"Ascaris, huh? Pretty cool name." He laughed, "I wish my name was a bit cooler like that." Making his way into the small kitchen the placed housed, Sean opened the cabinets shuffling some things around. "So... Do you want some tea? I'm new to having guests in my house. Not sure what to really do." Grabbing some tea packets he laid them out and waited for an answer.
1 2