Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Aphelion Academy- Roleplay Topic
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 59 60
“Yup.” She replied, bracing herself.” “You too! Ready.. setgo!” She took off at a run, already a long monkey tail expanding from her backside, likely to help with balance. Luckily, unlike a lot of shapeshifters she’d had access to some more exotic animals in her childhood, so she had a wider range of animal traits she was familiar with. This was also the case because she couldn’t transform entirely, so it didn’t take as much focus to transform and it allowed her to take more half-forms into her own sort of shapeshifting repertoire.

First, the spinning pillars, laying across the course and at various heights. She began at a speed so fast she hardly out her weight on the pillars, swinging and jumping over them. She tried to make the least contact she could, moving in leaps and bounds, as, according to her own idea which may or may not have been true, less poles touched meant less opportunity for tripping.

———

Remus nodded thoughtfully. “I suppose that makes sense.” He turned his attention to the sparring, surprised that his friend and Calamansi were still going at it. “Wow.. they certainly have stamina. Some of those blows look pretty harsh, aren’t they being too rough?” Having never been in anything really even closely resembling a fight in his life, the centaur was concerned to see them exchanged blows that would leave any sort of marks, even temporary bruises.
“Yup.” She replied, bracing herself.” “You too! Ready.. setgo!” She took off at a run, already a long monkey tail expanding from her backside, likely to help with balance. Luckily, unlike a lot of shapeshifters she’d had access to some more exotic animals in her childhood, so she had a wider range of animal traits she was familiar with. This was also the case because she couldn’t transform entirely, so it didn’t take as much focus to transform and it allowed her to take more half-forms into her own sort of shapeshifting repertoire.

First, the spinning pillars, laying across the course and at various heights. She began at a speed so fast she hardly out her weight on the pillars, swinging and jumping over them. She tried to make the least contact she could, moving in leaps and bounds, as, according to her own idea which may or may not have been true, less poles touched meant less opportunity for tripping.

———

Remus nodded thoughtfully. “I suppose that makes sense.” He turned his attention to the sparring, surprised that his friend and Calamansi were still going at it. “Wow.. they certainly have stamina. Some of those blows look pretty harsh, aren’t they being too rough?” Having never been in anything really even closely resembling a fight in his life, the centaur was concerned to see them exchanged blows that would leave any sort of marks, even temporary bruises.

Smiling a bit cockily at her ‘retreat’, Erin kept his wings out to regain balance and kept an arm up, almost mirroring her stance. He could feel a bruise forming on his cheek, almost to match his foe’s. With a quick step inwards, he punched foreward quickly with one arm, pulling it back before it hit while simultaneously going in for a bigger hit with his other arm.

Smiling a bit cockily at her ‘retreat’, Erin kept his wings out to regain balance and kept an arm up, almost mirroring her stance. He could feel a bruise forming on his cheek, almost to match his foe’s. With a quick step inwards, he punched foreward quickly with one arm, pulling it back before it hit while simultaneously going in for a bigger hit with his other arm.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
At the sound of the 'go' Damien instantly charged forward. In the couple seconds it took to make it to the pillars, he had his plan decided. He ran at a spot between the pillars that would be far too small for him, but when he jumped at the spot, he shifted midair into a jackrabbit, one of his easiest animals to shift into. At his much smaller, more algetic form, he easily slipped through the holes. Though his rabbit form did not easily show expression, he was smiling on the inside. It felt nice, slipping into the small, quick, familiar form of the jackrabbit. His hearing and smelling was enhanced, the world much bigger around him. His strong hare legs pumped beneath him, the ground below him flying by. He continued running in his rabbit form, leaping through low-to-the-ground holes with quick, small jumps. (A jackrabbit's max speed is about 30 MPH, so I would expect he is making it through pretty fast, even if he can't reach the max speed because of the jumps)

Lily shrugged once again. "I'm sure they are doing fine. It's not like they hate each other or anything, it's just fine. If one of them wanted to give up, I'm sure they could just say and it would all be cool." She was quiet for a second. "I'd prefer gardening or going on long walks in the forest though."
At the sound of the 'go' Damien instantly charged forward. In the couple seconds it took to make it to the pillars, he had his plan decided. He ran at a spot between the pillars that would be far too small for him, but when he jumped at the spot, he shifted midair into a jackrabbit, one of his easiest animals to shift into. At his much smaller, more algetic form, he easily slipped through the holes. Though his rabbit form did not easily show expression, he was smiling on the inside. It felt nice, slipping into the small, quick, familiar form of the jackrabbit. His hearing and smelling was enhanced, the world much bigger around him. His strong hare legs pumped beneath him, the ground below him flying by. He continued running in his rabbit form, leaping through low-to-the-ground holes with quick, small jumps. (A jackrabbit's max speed is about 30 MPH, so I would expect he is making it through pretty fast, even if he can't reach the max speed because of the jumps)

Lily shrugged once again. "I'm sure they are doing fine. It's not like they hate each other or anything, it's just fine. If one of them wanted to give up, I'm sure they could just say and it would all be cool." She was quiet for a second. "I'd prefer gardening or going on long walks in the forest though."
2Grf1oy.jpg
Calamansi reacted impressively to the false shot, throwing up an arm to block it, only to curse in surprise as his real hit caught her side. Angrily, she took advantage of their relative closeness and threw a punch of her own, aiming perhaps unfairly for his throat.
Calamansi reacted impressively to the false shot, throwing up an arm to block it, only to curse in surprise as his real hit caught her side. Angrily, she took advantage of their relative closeness and threw a punch of her own, aiming perhaps unfairly for his throat.
I'm FR time :)
Frost | she/her
As Erin completed the punch, he ducked his head a slight bit. Big mistake. Instead of hitting him in the throat, Calamansi’s fist caught him in the chin, snapping his skull to the side. Without losing stride, Erin’s body followed his head, twisting away form Calamansi. Grinning a bit devilishly, he dropped again into a stance, maybe about four feet from her, arms up defensivly and wings spread a bit.
As Erin completed the punch, he ducked his head a slight bit. Big mistake. Instead of hitting him in the throat, Calamansi’s fist caught him in the chin, snapping his skull to the side. Without losing stride, Erin’s body followed his head, twisting away form Calamansi. Grinning a bit devilishly, he dropped again into a stance, maybe about four feet from her, arms up defensivly and wings spread a bit.

//wanna flip a coin to determine a winner?

Calamansi mirrored his stance, but the determined scowl on her face was a far cry from his expression. She shifted from side to side, trying to decide the best course of action. While she did best in close quarters, Erin's wings made it hard, forcing her into a deadlock of sorts. Finally she made a move, once again sweeping her leg low at his ankles. This time, she hooked her hoof behind his ankle (with some difficulty, given her anatomy) and yanked, hoping to sweep his foot out from beneath him and make him lose balance.
//wanna flip a coin to determine a winner?

Calamansi mirrored his stance, but the determined scowl on her face was a far cry from his expression. She shifted from side to side, trying to decide the best course of action. While she did best in close quarters, Erin's wings made it hard, forcing her into a deadlock of sorts. Finally she made a move, once again sweeping her leg low at his ankles. This time, she hooked her hoof behind his ankle (with some difficulty, given her anatomy) and yanked, hoping to sweep his foot out from beneath him and make him lose balance.
Frost | she/her
(Yep! Do you want to do the honors?)

With somewhat of a yealp, Erin almost lost balance, falling a bit foreward before using the movement to make a punch at her whilst still holding one arm semi-defensively. As soon as he moved foreward, he kept his wings ready, to either propel him away or bat at her. It was obvious that the faun hadn’t fought an angel before, as she hadn’t foreseen him attacking her with them before. His ankle and face aches from her hard blows, though, so he didn’t discount her. Besides, it was practice, he wouldn’t die if he lost(unlike other times) and He had nothing to prove to her-unlike the other boy, who he really wanted to win if they fought.
(Yep! Do you want to do the honors?)

With somewhat of a yealp, Erin almost lost balance, falling a bit foreward before using the movement to make a punch at her whilst still holding one arm semi-defensively. As soon as he moved foreward, he kept his wings ready, to either propel him away or bat at her. It was obvious that the faun hadn’t fought an angel before, as she hadn’t foreseen him attacking her with them before. His ankle and face aches from her hard blows, though, so he didn’t discount her. Besides, it was practice, he wouldn’t die if he lost(unlike other times) and He had nothing to prove to her-unlike the other boy, who he really wanted to win if they fought.

//sure! heads or tails?

Calamansi blocked the punch accordingly before throwing a quick punch at his chest with her other hand. At the same time, she aimed a kick at the side of his knee, her moves simple and easy to spot beforehand yet relentless.
//sure! heads or tails?

Calamansi blocked the punch accordingly before throwing a quick punch at his chest with her other hand. At the same time, she aimed a kick at the side of his knee, her moves simple and easy to spot beforehand yet relentless.
Frost | she/her
(Hmmm. Tails?)
Using his defensive hand, Erin used his forearm to deflect her punch, pushing it away with a quick motion, then moving in and punching twice directly at her face as one hand had been pushed away. Then the kick hit him, and pain shot through the area, not buckling him, but it hurt nevertheless. With a gutteral sound, he retaliated by kicking foreward at her kneecap.
(Hmmm. Tails?)
Using his defensive hand, Erin used his forearm to deflect her punch, pushing it away with a quick motion, then moving in and punching twice directly at her face as one hand had been pushed away. Then the kick hit him, and pain shot through the area, not buckling him, but it hurt nevertheless. With a gutteral sound, he retaliated by kicking foreward at her kneecap.

//congrats, it landed tails

Calamansi took a step back, managing to block both hits with two arms. However, the punches distracted her from the kick, which landed right on her knee and caused her leg to give way. Not regaining balance quick enough, she fell back and only just managed to angle herself so that she fell onto her butt rather than her back. She cursed loudly, rubbing at her knee and giving it an experimental bend. Pain shot through it and she grimaced- if she kept fighting with a liability like that, she'd just make a fool out of herself. Gingerly and pushed herself up, favoring her left leg, and put her hands up reluctantly. "You win," she said bluntly, watching him carefully in case he decided to attack her again anyway.
//congrats, it landed tails

Calamansi took a step back, managing to block both hits with two arms. However, the punches distracted her from the kick, which landed right on her knee and caused her leg to give way. Not regaining balance quick enough, she fell back and only just managed to angle herself so that she fell onto her butt rather than her back. She cursed loudly, rubbing at her knee and giving it an experimental bend. Pain shot through it and she grimaced- if she kept fighting with a liability like that, she'd just make a fool out of herself. Gingerly and pushed herself up, favoring her left leg, and put her hands up reluctantly. "You win," she said bluntly, watching him carefully in case he decided to attack her again anyway.
Frost | she/her
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 59 60