Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Welcome to the Jungle [IC]
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
@/Sealflipper

Aspen turned her head as she heard a muffled call for help. She wasn’t sure if her mind was making something up or if she actually heard it, but she slowly turned in that direction anyways. She left why she considered to be the safest spot, which was within a group, and started headed toward the voice. But then it stopped. She paused for a moment to listen, but still heard nothing. She squinted through the darkness and shuffled forward, arm outstretched to keep herself from hitting anyone or anything. She was slowly traveling in the direction she thought the noise came from, but she wasn’t totally sure. She snatched her arm back as her fingers brushed against something. She let her vision clear for a moment before realizing it was a pile of rubble. Lockers and cieling tiles, as well as other unidentifiable debris. She shoved on the side of the pile, knowing before she even did that it wouldn’t budge.
“Hello? Is there somebody in there?” She yelled, wondering if she’d come over here for nothing.
@/Sealflipper

Aspen turned her head as she heard a muffled call for help. She wasn’t sure if her mind was making something up or if she actually heard it, but she slowly turned in that direction anyways. She left why she considered to be the safest spot, which was within a group, and started headed toward the voice. But then it stopped. She paused for a moment to listen, but still heard nothing. She squinted through the darkness and shuffled forward, arm outstretched to keep herself from hitting anyone or anything. She was slowly traveling in the direction she thought the noise came from, but she wasn’t totally sure. She snatched her arm back as her fingers brushed against something. She let her vision clear for a moment before realizing it was a pile of rubble. Lockers and cieling tiles, as well as other unidentifiable debris. She shoved on the side of the pile, knowing before she even did that it wouldn’t budge.
“Hello? Is there somebody in there?” She yelled, wondering if she’d come over here for nothing.
Jjr11Cm.png
Tokala did not notice his flinch - she was too busy being happy that she could actually see. Tokala did her best not to frown at his response - she would have been more inclined to say ‘Hey what happened?’ or something along those lines if she somehow felt like feeling casual after that earthquake. But she was not everyone, and it had caught her attention. So she shrugged instead, and moved on to more pressing topics. “Mind if I just call you Mr. Mendoza? I’m in the mood for something familiar and normal, even if it’s just calling a teacher by their last name.”

Tokala glanced at Naya, surprised by the fact that she was not butting into her thoughts and was actually letting her have a coherent conversation - the cat had not so far - but decided to just be grateful for it. “I mean I don’t memorize every teacher in school, but I do try to remember the ones I have or had recently. Was I in one of your classes once? Maybe... freshman year? Your name sounds kinda familiar.” Tokala found that holding a normal conversation was actually sort of reassuring after everything that had happened. But that semblance of normalcy was lost as the teacher took her advice and tried to see what he looked like. Tokala stared as the phone stuck to his hands, and decided it was not the weirdest thing she had seen today, but might be the oddest the teacher had. He had not seen the other students yet, and Tokala could not know whether the shock of his hands outranked the shock of winged panthers accompanying very short chicana girls or balls of magical red light floating over the shoulder of that same very short chicana girl.

“Yup. I can take a picture... If that comes off your hand?” She carefully grabbed the phone and tugged gently, relieved when it came away without much trouble. After getting the device situated, Tokala took a moment to make sure the flash was on. “Flash is on.” She warned. “Picture in three... two... one.” With that, the bright white light illuminated the hall for a few seconds, forcing Tokala to squint and blink away the oddly colored images that the sudden change in lighting had superimposed on her vision. She handed Mr. Mendoza his phone.
Tokala did not notice his flinch - she was too busy being happy that she could actually see. Tokala did her best not to frown at his response - she would have been more inclined to say ‘Hey what happened?’ or something along those lines if she somehow felt like feeling casual after that earthquake. But she was not everyone, and it had caught her attention. So she shrugged instead, and moved on to more pressing topics. “Mind if I just call you Mr. Mendoza? I’m in the mood for something familiar and normal, even if it’s just calling a teacher by their last name.”

Tokala glanced at Naya, surprised by the fact that she was not butting into her thoughts and was actually letting her have a coherent conversation - the cat had not so far - but decided to just be grateful for it. “I mean I don’t memorize every teacher in school, but I do try to remember the ones I have or had recently. Was I in one of your classes once? Maybe... freshman year? Your name sounds kinda familiar.” Tokala found that holding a normal conversation was actually sort of reassuring after everything that had happened. But that semblance of normalcy was lost as the teacher took her advice and tried to see what he looked like. Tokala stared as the phone stuck to his hands, and decided it was not the weirdest thing she had seen today, but might be the oddest the teacher had. He had not seen the other students yet, and Tokala could not know whether the shock of his hands outranked the shock of winged panthers accompanying very short chicana girls or balls of magical red light floating over the shoulder of that same very short chicana girl.

“Yup. I can take a picture... If that comes off your hand?” She carefully grabbed the phone and tugged gently, relieved when it came away without much trouble. After getting the device situated, Tokala took a moment to make sure the flash was on. “Flash is on.” She warned. “Picture in three... two... one.” With that, the bright white light illuminated the hall for a few seconds, forcing Tokala to squint and blink away the oddly colored images that the sudden change in lighting had superimposed on her vision. She handed Mr. Mendoza his phone.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
Chase had kept screaming for help until his throat was dry and raw. Weary and exhausted, he fell in a heap at the base of the blockage. Burying his head into his hands, Chase was beginning to lose hope.

"God..." he breathed," What if I'm the only one alive? What if people think I'm dead?" from those words, an image of Chase's mother flashed through his mind. "What if my mom thinks I'm dead?" A sinking feeling fell over Chase. He knew very well what his mother might do if she thought she had lost him too.

A low grumble that echoed from Chase's stomach, interrupted his thoughts. Raising a hand to clutch the pain, Chase's mind drifted to other matters," I'd be eating school lunch by now... what if I never get the chance to eat lunch again?" Chase choked on his last words. Tears were welling up in his eyes. "If I don't get out of here alive..." his words drifted off. But before tears could streak down his face, Chase stifled them and conjured up a determined face," I- I'm all mom's got- I can't give up now."

Hello? Is there somebody in there?

Chase jumped in surprise at the sudden muffled voice.

Wait- A voice?! Chase couldn't believe his ears.

Scrambling to his feet, the boy whipped around to face the debris pile. "I'm here!" he cheered," I'm in here! I need help getting out!"
Chase had kept screaming for help until his throat was dry and raw. Weary and exhausted, he fell in a heap at the base of the blockage. Burying his head into his hands, Chase was beginning to lose hope.

"God..." he breathed," What if I'm the only one alive? What if people think I'm dead?" from those words, an image of Chase's mother flashed through his mind. "What if my mom thinks I'm dead?" A sinking feeling fell over Chase. He knew very well what his mother might do if she thought she had lost him too.

A low grumble that echoed from Chase's stomach, interrupted his thoughts. Raising a hand to clutch the pain, Chase's mind drifted to other matters," I'd be eating school lunch by now... what if I never get the chance to eat lunch again?" Chase choked on his last words. Tears were welling up in his eyes. "If I don't get out of here alive..." his words drifted off. But before tears could streak down his face, Chase stifled them and conjured up a determined face," I- I'm all mom's got- I can't give up now."

Hello? Is there somebody in there?

Chase jumped in surprise at the sudden muffled voice.

Wait- A voice?! Chase couldn't believe his ears.

Scrambling to his feet, the boy whipped around to face the debris pile. "I'm here!" he cheered," I'm in here! I need help getting out!"
Skye

Having gotten bored, she left the room, glancing up and down the hall. "Hey Rory, have you seen the jungle?"

"Oh, uh.. yeah. I saw. What do you think it means?"

"I think it's magic, dude! Magical earthquakes!"

"I.. can't really think of any reasons why it wouldn't be, I guess. While we're out here, wanna see if we can find anyone and bring them to the teachers like I was supposed to do? Katie left, but we're not alone, so I guess we can explore."

Skye rolled her eyes. "We don't have to do everything the teachers say, anyway. I'm pretty sure this counts as a special case. If they were really acting like responsible adults then they should be the ones looking around, not hiding back at the classroom!"

Rory raised his arms in defeat. "Okay, okay, fine." The two continued down the hall, looking around and occasionally calling out "Hello?"'s and "Anyone there?"'s. They didn't really have any specific destination, and not knowing where anyone was didn't really help them decide on one, so they walked around aimlessly.

(oof when you have your characters meet but then they're just stuck alone together because you didn't comment quick enough to stay caught up :') )
Skye

Having gotten bored, she left the room, glancing up and down the hall. "Hey Rory, have you seen the jungle?"

"Oh, uh.. yeah. I saw. What do you think it means?"

"I think it's magic, dude! Magical earthquakes!"

"I.. can't really think of any reasons why it wouldn't be, I guess. While we're out here, wanna see if we can find anyone and bring them to the teachers like I was supposed to do? Katie left, but we're not alone, so I guess we can explore."

Skye rolled her eyes. "We don't have to do everything the teachers say, anyway. I'm pretty sure this counts as a special case. If they were really acting like responsible adults then they should be the ones looking around, not hiding back at the classroom!"

Rory raised his arms in defeat. "Okay, okay, fine." The two continued down the hall, looking around and occasionally calling out "Hello?"'s and "Anyone there?"'s. They didn't really have any specific destination, and not knowing where anyone was didn't really help them decide on one, so they walked around aimlessly.

(oof when you have your characters meet but then they're just stuck alone together because you didn't comment quick enough to stay caught up :') )
Alessandro flinched a bit at the flash. It felt much brighter that they're in a dimly lit hallway. He received the phone from Tokala, and examined the picture of himself.

As he saw the appearance of himself, Alessando became frozen stiff with fear. He was a giant orange lizard with yellow eyes and yellow spirals, in a white polo and a pair of trousers. When he was dispelled of the stiffening spell, he looked directed in front of him, not necessary at Tokala, whispering "This is normal. Everything's alright." A different kind of soreness befell upon Alessandro.

"Well. That was doozy," Alessandro remarked as he put his phone into his pocket, and he got a problem of having his phone stay in his pocket as his hands refused to let go of the device. "I may need a glove."

Alessandro then hears some sounds resound in the hallway. A bunch of faint helloes and anyone-theres floated in the air.

"Do you hear that?"
Alessandro flinched a bit at the flash. It felt much brighter that they're in a dimly lit hallway. He received the phone from Tokala, and examined the picture of himself.

As he saw the appearance of himself, Alessando became frozen stiff with fear. He was a giant orange lizard with yellow eyes and yellow spirals, in a white polo and a pair of trousers. When he was dispelled of the stiffening spell, he looked directed in front of him, not necessary at Tokala, whispering "This is normal. Everything's alright." A different kind of soreness befell upon Alessandro.

"Well. That was doozy," Alessandro remarked as he put his phone into his pocket, and he got a problem of having his phone stay in his pocket as his hands refused to let go of the device. "I may need a glove."

Alessandro then hears some sounds resound in the hallway. A bunch of faint helloes and anyone-theres floated in the air.

"Do you hear that?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
Naya and Tokala watched as Alessandro froze. Well, Tokala did not really notice it until Naya gave her a little mental nudge. “Like I said before, try not to freak out to much. It’s a waste of time. Perfectly understandable if you do have a mental breakdown, but it’s only going to get worse.” Tokala commented. Naya eyed his issues with sticky palms. If he touches me and gets stuck to my fur, the lizard man is getting clawed. She warned, giving him a final judgmental glance before turning to look down the hall. Tokala decided that her new cat was very judgy in general - she was lucky to do anything without Naya’s extremely unimpressed remarks running through her head.

“Hear wha-? Oh.” Tokala’s gaze followed her panther’s as she noticed the voices as well. “Hello! We’re over here!” She yelled, the ball of red light growing and brightening a bit from where it hovered over her shoulder.
Naya and Tokala watched as Alessandro froze. Well, Tokala did not really notice it until Naya gave her a little mental nudge. “Like I said before, try not to freak out to much. It’s a waste of time. Perfectly understandable if you do have a mental breakdown, but it’s only going to get worse.” Tokala commented. Naya eyed his issues with sticky palms. If he touches me and gets stuck to my fur, the lizard man is getting clawed. She warned, giving him a final judgmental glance before turning to look down the hall. Tokala decided that her new cat was very judgy in general - she was lucky to do anything without Naya’s extremely unimpressed remarks running through her head.

“Hear wha-? Oh.” Tokala’s gaze followed her panther’s as she noticed the voices as well. “Hello! We’re over here!” She yelled, the ball of red light growing and brightening a bit from where it hovered over her shoulder.
antlers_left_by_broqentoys-dcsi472.png X
Call me Six
Aromantic • Asexual • Agender
they/them
antlers_right_by_broqentoys-dcsi46w.png
Aspen drew back slightly when she heard a reply. “Alright, I’m going to try and get you out of there!” She said, frantically looking around for something to move the rubble. She felt a light breeze blow her hair aside, and looked to see a broken window with the jungle beyond. Plants! Maybe she could make a strong plant grow under the rubble to make it move. “You might want to stand back in there!” She shouted, reaching toward a massive tree. She could sense it responding to her, ready to comply. Aspen jerked her hand back as if she were pulling on the tree, yelping as she leapt out of the way as a branch shot through the window and straight for her. The rest of the window shattered, Aspen falling into some of the shards. She’d have to work on that. She stood up and brushed the glass shards off her jeans, taking a few seconds to pull some out of her hands as well. It was only minor injuries, she could deal with them later. She turned back to the rubble, maneuvering the plant to grow into the pile. “Take cover!” She warned as the branch began to expand, rubble starting to shift and fall away from the pile.
Aspen drew back slightly when she heard a reply. “Alright, I’m going to try and get you out of there!” She said, frantically looking around for something to move the rubble. She felt a light breeze blow her hair aside, and looked to see a broken window with the jungle beyond. Plants! Maybe she could make a strong plant grow under the rubble to make it move. “You might want to stand back in there!” She shouted, reaching toward a massive tree. She could sense it responding to her, ready to comply. Aspen jerked her hand back as if she were pulling on the tree, yelping as she leapt out of the way as a branch shot through the window and straight for her. The rest of the window shattered, Aspen falling into some of the shards. She’d have to work on that. She stood up and brushed the glass shards off her jeans, taking a few seconds to pull some out of her hands as well. It was only minor injuries, she could deal with them later. She turned back to the rubble, maneuvering the plant to grow into the pile. “Take cover!” She warned as the branch began to expand, rubble starting to shift and fall away from the pile.
Jjr11Cm.png
Chase heard the voice's command loud and clear. Snatching his backpack, Chase scuttled to as far back in the hallway as he could go.

As the pile began to tremor and rubble rolled down to the floor, Chase's face would light up. Of course! These guys were the real deal! The authorities had come to save him using their big equipment!

The boy smiled with glee, imagining himself finding his mother outside and waiting for him. Once seeing him, Chase's mother would come running to embrace him and tell him how worried she had been.

Chase promised himself he would never think about skipping school ever again.

In a dramatic moment of truth, all of the debris began to gently lift from the ground and be directed to the sides of the walls. What Chase expected to see when the pile was parted, was a dozen adult workers and authorities, all wearing miner hats and cheering when they saw Chase's bruised and dirtied face.

But the excitement in Chase's face was dashed when he saw only a brown haired girl standing there, arms outstretched, behind the pile.

Just before Chase was going to ask who in the world she was, his eyes caught on the branches that were holding the rubble up. In pure disbelief, Chase blurted out the first thing he thought of:

"What the HELL?!"

Chase heard the voice's command loud and clear. Snatching his backpack, Chase scuttled to as far back in the hallway as he could go.

As the pile began to tremor and rubble rolled down to the floor, Chase's face would light up. Of course! These guys were the real deal! The authorities had come to save him using their big equipment!

The boy smiled with glee, imagining himself finding his mother outside and waiting for him. Once seeing him, Chase's mother would come running to embrace him and tell him how worried she had been.

Chase promised himself he would never think about skipping school ever again.

In a dramatic moment of truth, all of the debris began to gently lift from the ground and be directed to the sides of the walls. What Chase expected to see when the pile was parted, was a dozen adult workers and authorities, all wearing miner hats and cheering when they saw Chase's bruised and dirtied face.

But the excitement in Chase's face was dashed when he saw only a brown haired girl standing there, arms outstretched, behind the pile.

Just before Chase was going to ask who in the world she was, his eyes caught on the branches that were holding the rubble up. In pure disbelief, Chase blurted out the first thing he thought of:

"What the HELL?!"

"That's not a flare?" Alessandro said, dumbfounded a bit. He didn't notice that it didn't have a stick back when it was floating above here hand... She did take a picture of him without putting down the light. He promptly swallowed more of the weirdness, though shakingly.

"Oy. We're over here," Alessandro joined in with Tokala's yelling.

A red dragonet awoke in a dusty room. Shards of glass, and stone rubble were scattered around. Sheets of papers, books, splinters of woods, and puddles of water from the leaking pipes was scattered. Beside it was a girl, lying unconscious under a partially broken desk.

As the dragonet came to full awareness, it was struck with a wave of confusion. Where am I? It asked to itself, before investigating. It played with all the things in the room; it pushed them, poked them, scratched them, sniffed them, touched them, and learned much about them. The books and papers fascinated it very much. The pictures and symbols were arcane and esoteric, and the pictures unreal and amazing, despite it not understanding an iota of the data laid before it. It flipped through many pages a minute, absorbing as much of it for its young developing mind.

When the dragonet exhausted every book and paper in the room, it turned its attention the little girl in the room. It was interesting creature, unlike the other things in the room which were dead and inanimate. This creature was solid, breathing, alive. It couldn't shake a feeling that this creature was important, and it hesitated touching and poking it.

Alice awoke by the feeling of something sharp, cold, and rough. She was shaking herself to awareness. The dragonet on the other hand was marvelling at the beast that rose from the dust, stepping back in response. It doesn't know what she is, and she was amazing.

"What a freak earthquake," Alice remarked as she was dusting herself. She then saw the dragonet staring at her with great interest. She stepped back, away from the crimson beast that was gazing upon her form with glassy emerald eyes. She stepped back until her back met with the wall. "What are you?"

The dragonet was ultimately unalarmed. Then the lights blinked, and then died completely. They were suddenly plunged in darkness. The dragonet was now plagued with confusion as its concept of light and shadow broke. The surroundings became less vibrant and was matted with shadows that were over things instead of under.

Alice released a shrill scream as she stared the bright eyes of the dragonet that was just as bright as it was in the light, like there's flames behind their lenses.
"That's not a flare?" Alessandro said, dumbfounded a bit. He didn't notice that it didn't have a stick back when it was floating above here hand... She did take a picture of him without putting down the light. He promptly swallowed more of the weirdness, though shakingly.

"Oy. We're over here," Alessandro joined in with Tokala's yelling.

A red dragonet awoke in a dusty room. Shards of glass, and stone rubble were scattered around. Sheets of papers, books, splinters of woods, and puddles of water from the leaking pipes was scattered. Beside it was a girl, lying unconscious under a partially broken desk.

As the dragonet came to full awareness, it was struck with a wave of confusion. Where am I? It asked to itself, before investigating. It played with all the things in the room; it pushed them, poked them, scratched them, sniffed them, touched them, and learned much about them. The books and papers fascinated it very much. The pictures and symbols were arcane and esoteric, and the pictures unreal and amazing, despite it not understanding an iota of the data laid before it. It flipped through many pages a minute, absorbing as much of it for its young developing mind.

When the dragonet exhausted every book and paper in the room, it turned its attention the little girl in the room. It was interesting creature, unlike the other things in the room which were dead and inanimate. This creature was solid, breathing, alive. It couldn't shake a feeling that this creature was important, and it hesitated touching and poking it.

Alice awoke by the feeling of something sharp, cold, and rough. She was shaking herself to awareness. The dragonet on the other hand was marvelling at the beast that rose from the dust, stepping back in response. It doesn't know what she is, and she was amazing.

"What a freak earthquake," Alice remarked as she was dusting herself. She then saw the dragonet staring at her with great interest. She stepped back, away from the crimson beast that was gazing upon her form with glassy emerald eyes. She stepped back until her back met with the wall. "What are you?"

The dragonet was ultimately unalarmed. Then the lights blinked, and then died completely. They were suddenly plunged in darkness. The dragonet was now plagued with confusion as its concept of light and shadow broke. The surroundings became less vibrant and was matted with shadows that were over things instead of under.

Alice released a shrill scream as she stared the bright eyes of the dragonet that was just as bright as it was in the light, like there's flames behind their lenses.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm Fil but you can call me Dan.
Time: FR +15/+16
Offline during: 6:00-21:00 and 6:00-16:00
Fil.png
My Wattpad Account
My DeviantArt
The Unbuilt Void (God Game)
DGBpqSL.png
Fil is back in FR.
The Hero's Prophecy: Wattpad/Royal Road
The floating ball of light zooming into view, quickly followed by something that looked human, but didn't smell human, put the foo dog off guard. The flashing ball hurt the beasts eyes, so it squinted as it let out another warning growl to try and intimidate these newcomers.

When Felix started conversing with the chimæra in a strange language, the dog calmed down a little, although it still stayed in its defensive pose. But the beast felt useless, with no fight seeming to come up anytime soon the more the humanoids conversed. Finally, as the chimæra said something about the name of the place, the foo dog had enough. It's mind became clear once more, and shiver swept down it's back as a change started to ocur.

It fell to the ground, the beast letting out a groan of pain as its body proportions changed, paws becoming hands, tail shrinking down, and muzzle retracting. After a minute of this horrifying change, where the dog made no sound except for some very pained groans, a human lay where a beast once was. It was Ophelia, hair slightly tangled, but other wise just fine. As she started to sit up, pulling here leather jacket protectively around her as if she was cold, the girl looked at the faces of the people surrounding her.

"So, what'd I miss?"

(Hhhh, I'm sorry I didn't reply quickly or with a very good post. School has been kicking my butt lately))
The floating ball of light zooming into view, quickly followed by something that looked human, but didn't smell human, put the foo dog off guard. The flashing ball hurt the beasts eyes, so it squinted as it let out another warning growl to try and intimidate these newcomers.

When Felix started conversing with the chimæra in a strange language, the dog calmed down a little, although it still stayed in its defensive pose. But the beast felt useless, with no fight seeming to come up anytime soon the more the humanoids conversed. Finally, as the chimæra said something about the name of the place, the foo dog had enough. It's mind became clear once more, and shiver swept down it's back as a change started to ocur.

It fell to the ground, the beast letting out a groan of pain as its body proportions changed, paws becoming hands, tail shrinking down, and muzzle retracting. After a minute of this horrifying change, where the dog made no sound except for some very pained groans, a human lay where a beast once was. It was Ophelia, hair slightly tangled, but other wise just fine. As she started to sit up, pulling here leather jacket protectively around her as if she was cold, the girl looked at the faces of the people surrounding her.

"So, what'd I miss?"

(Hhhh, I'm sorry I didn't reply quickly or with a very good post. School has been kicking my butt lately))
__________________________ ART
ART SHOP
Howdy :o)
theultimatecatsig.gif
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16