Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Colony 7 [IC]
1 2
When they finally reached the plateau, the newbies had already been dropped off. They shivered and gaped in their fine cloth and embroidery, clutching colours brighter than a nuclear sunset.

Well. They wouldn't last long.

Above a raised patch of ground, Zecarayus was already yelling. They'd heard him from the water tanks, mask distorting his voice, but loud enough to be recognised. The slag pile itself seems to shrink before the obnoxious announcement.

Rubble scuffs at their skin as they climb up behind him and peer down over the newcomers, book in one hand, weapon in the other, familiar and comforting against their palm. It was something of a spear: a long metal pipe with a shiv bound against the head and wrapped with wire.

To the view of outsiders, perhaps, it might look even savage: a masked man in black yelling from the remnants of ruins, and behind him dirty, ragged scouts armed with makeshift weapons. But ammo was scarce, and impossible to produce in the colonies, so what little was available was high-priced smuggler stock, or scavenged handfuls of bullets.

"Damn. Mostly women. Just my luck." They fold the book under one arm and slide the gutting dirk from their boot, picking at their nails with the blade. Their eyes dart from person to person like a cat sizing up a mouse.

"Woman's got a silk sari, that's valuable," Jamie points out, leaning closer to Zecarayus with voice dropped to a whisper. They trace the outlines of the newbies. They'd soon be thinner. "Girl on the left can't be any older than sixteen. Still got her puppy fat..."

They pause before continuing, brushing down the patched-up jacket in a forced show of nonchalance. "...If they aren't good at manual labor you send 'em to me, yeah? Fresh blood's as good as any."

When they finally reached the plateau, the newbies had already been dropped off. They shivered and gaped in their fine cloth and embroidery, clutching colours brighter than a nuclear sunset.

Well. They wouldn't last long.

Above a raised patch of ground, Zecarayus was already yelling. They'd heard him from the water tanks, mask distorting his voice, but loud enough to be recognised. The slag pile itself seems to shrink before the obnoxious announcement.

Rubble scuffs at their skin as they climb up behind him and peer down over the newcomers, book in one hand, weapon in the other, familiar and comforting against their palm. It was something of a spear: a long metal pipe with a shiv bound against the head and wrapped with wire.

To the view of outsiders, perhaps, it might look even savage: a masked man in black yelling from the remnants of ruins, and behind him dirty, ragged scouts armed with makeshift weapons. But ammo was scarce, and impossible to produce in the colonies, so what little was available was high-priced smuggler stock, or scavenged handfuls of bullets.

"Damn. Mostly women. Just my luck." They fold the book under one arm and slide the gutting dirk from their boot, picking at their nails with the blade. Their eyes dart from person to person like a cat sizing up a mouse.

"Woman's got a silk sari, that's valuable," Jamie points out, leaning closer to Zecarayus with voice dropped to a whisper. They trace the outlines of the newbies. They'd soon be thinner. "Girl on the left can't be any older than sixteen. Still got her puppy fat..."

They pause before continuing, brushing down the patched-up jacket in a forced show of nonchalance. "...If they aren't good at manual labor you send 'em to me, yeah? Fresh blood's as good as any."

Ken stood in the crowd of the other newbies. Itching for combat, he shifted his weight between his feet. The wastelands sounded quite an enjoyable place for his mindset, as he would love to tear some wasteland monsters limb from limb.
But first he'd have to get a sturdy weapon and better clothing than the itchy 'fancy' clothing he wore. Ken cracked his neck, listening to the loud popping noises it made. The rugged wastelanders might even put up a good fight, which he would also be completely satisfied with as a challenge.
Ken stood in the crowd of the other newbies. Itching for combat, he shifted his weight between his feet. The wastelands sounded quite an enjoyable place for his mindset, as he would love to tear some wasteland monsters limb from limb.
But first he'd have to get a sturdy weapon and better clothing than the itchy 'fancy' clothing he wore. Ken cracked his neck, listening to the loud popping noises it made. The rugged wastelanders might even put up a good fight, which he would also be completely satisfied with as a challenge.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
Joey smiled as Max ran up to her, and Dex barked at the boy. “Great job buddy!” Joey said, thinking about the vehicle they were building for Ryan. “Once we get back to the workshop and after we work on the you know what I can show you my motorcycle. I could use your thoughts on some of the mechanics, the shock pad seems a little stiff to me.” She said, momentarily forgetting the newbies. Her focus was drawn back to the HTV when it flew away, leaving many finely dressed people behind.
———
Ryan had stood behind the crowd of Sevens, knowing she was a target of Quarantine. Anyone who tried to start a rebellion was automatically slapped on a kill list. HTV guards were ordered to shoot any “marked” glitches on sight, ending their hopes of revolution. Once the dust cleared though, and the HTV was out of sight, Ryan started through the crowd. Even though she was rather short, she was noticeable with her bright hair and Sevens started clearing a path for her to reach the front.

“Well, as Zecarayus said welcome to Colony Seven. I’m Ryan, and if you choose to join us you’ll be under mine and Zecarayus’ command. But don’t just stand there, come on in; get some food, find a residence. Your life here won’t be easy, but you’ll at least be alive.” She said, shifting her stance and spreading her arms. “Welcome to your new life.” She said with an almost finality, then turning and walking back to talk with Zecarayus. She was known for her brief get to the point speeches that weren’t really speeches. When she reached him she pulled him away from the crowd by a loose article of clothing, whispering to him: “We need to start planning,” leaving the point vague in case someone had eavesdropped.
Joey smiled as Max ran up to her, and Dex barked at the boy. “Great job buddy!” Joey said, thinking about the vehicle they were building for Ryan. “Once we get back to the workshop and after we work on the you know what I can show you my motorcycle. I could use your thoughts on some of the mechanics, the shock pad seems a little stiff to me.” She said, momentarily forgetting the newbies. Her focus was drawn back to the HTV when it flew away, leaving many finely dressed people behind.
———
Ryan had stood behind the crowd of Sevens, knowing she was a target of Quarantine. Anyone who tried to start a rebellion was automatically slapped on a kill list. HTV guards were ordered to shoot any “marked” glitches on sight, ending their hopes of revolution. Once the dust cleared though, and the HTV was out of sight, Ryan started through the crowd. Even though she was rather short, she was noticeable with her bright hair and Sevens started clearing a path for her to reach the front.

“Well, as Zecarayus said welcome to Colony Seven. I’m Ryan, and if you choose to join us you’ll be under mine and Zecarayus’ command. But don’t just stand there, come on in; get some food, find a residence. Your life here won’t be easy, but you’ll at least be alive.” She said, shifting her stance and spreading her arms. “Welcome to your new life.” She said with an almost finality, then turning and walking back to talk with Zecarayus. She was known for her brief get to the point speeches that weren’t really speeches. When she reached him she pulled him away from the crowd by a loose article of clothing, whispering to him: “We need to start planning,” leaving the point vague in case someone had eavesdropped.
Jjr11Cm.png
Zecarayus was alerted by the rubble being moved as he spotted jamie approaching to his side. He turned his head slightly and greeted them with a slight nod as they came close enough to whisper to. They were pointing out what zecarayus already had guessed, however brought up a few key details. Indeed as he gave a closer look at them, he noticed one was younger then expected, and the other having a nice dress, a bit too nice for wasteland standards. He then noticed the one moving in place, a man who didn't look too distraught about any of this. He then heard jamie's request, to which he responded in a tone low enough to where the newbies wouldn't hear, "As long as you don't use the loyal ones as bait, I think that'l be fine." While he meant it more as a joke, he was sure jamie has actually done that at least once.

Zecarayus thoughts were interrupted by someone making their way to the front. Her short height and the hair adding a good inch to that confirmed that it was ryan. He moved to the side to give her the floor to speak, being quiet and observant over the newbie's reactions. It was more of the same, perhaps with less fear now and more curiosity from a few of them. With ryan's introduction she began to make her way back through the crowd of seven's. Zecarayus stepped aside as it looked he was in ryan's way, but was surprised and gave a "eh?" as he was tugged away by the leader. Knowing better then to fight it, he went along till they were toward the back of the crowd. She leaned in, and through the mask he could hear her whisper that planning needed to start. "Ay." he quietly responded, hoping his own mask didn't distort his words too badly.

As ryan left back toward the colony, zecarayus couldn't have helped but sighed. You want to start planning a raid now? he thought to himself. Every time new arrivals arrived he would prefer to have the day so that he could sort properly and put the new additions in the best roles possible. But maybe ryan could wait? He laughed a little to himself, if she was feeling patient then maybe. He turned his attention back to the crowd of sevens, a few looking at him while most still had their attention on the newbies.

"Right." he said quietly to himself before he spotted jake and jamie still part of the crowd. "Jamie! Jake! Over here." He barked at them so that he could catch their attention. Once they would come over he would begin explaining, "Jake, I want you to lead the newbies who want to be in the colony to the common area in the colony. Have them wait for there until I ask for. Jamie, if any of the newbies choose to leave, make sure that they are far away enough from colony grounds. If none do, then make sure the current batch here don't become threats." he ordered them. He then leaned in so that his whisper could be heard between the three, "Watch the big guy in the middle of the crowd, he doesn't seem too bothered by any of this."

With that, zecarayus turned and began making his way back to the colony. As he did, he pulled out his walkie talkie and again turned to the channel that medics would have theirs turned too and began talking into it. "Requesting a medic to meet up with me in my office for interviews. I repeat, requesting a medic to meet up with me in my office for interviews." He finished, and made his way to his office so that he could begin prepping for the newbies interviews.

((OOC: Interviews are something I thought up just now, but basically these are usually one on one discussions with a newbie and either the leader or co-leader in order to gain necessary information about the newbie. This way the leadership roles can determine where best to put said newbie. Any objections to this PM me please or on the OOC thread.))
Zecarayus was alerted by the rubble being moved as he spotted jamie approaching to his side. He turned his head slightly and greeted them with a slight nod as they came close enough to whisper to. They were pointing out what zecarayus already had guessed, however brought up a few key details. Indeed as he gave a closer look at them, he noticed one was younger then expected, and the other having a nice dress, a bit too nice for wasteland standards. He then noticed the one moving in place, a man who didn't look too distraught about any of this. He then heard jamie's request, to which he responded in a tone low enough to where the newbies wouldn't hear, "As long as you don't use the loyal ones as bait, I think that'l be fine." While he meant it more as a joke, he was sure jamie has actually done that at least once.

Zecarayus thoughts were interrupted by someone making their way to the front. Her short height and the hair adding a good inch to that confirmed that it was ryan. He moved to the side to give her the floor to speak, being quiet and observant over the newbie's reactions. It was more of the same, perhaps with less fear now and more curiosity from a few of them. With ryan's introduction she began to make her way back through the crowd of seven's. Zecarayus stepped aside as it looked he was in ryan's way, but was surprised and gave a "eh?" as he was tugged away by the leader. Knowing better then to fight it, he went along till they were toward the back of the crowd. She leaned in, and through the mask he could hear her whisper that planning needed to start. "Ay." he quietly responded, hoping his own mask didn't distort his words too badly.

As ryan left back toward the colony, zecarayus couldn't have helped but sighed. You want to start planning a raid now? he thought to himself. Every time new arrivals arrived he would prefer to have the day so that he could sort properly and put the new additions in the best roles possible. But maybe ryan could wait? He laughed a little to himself, if she was feeling patient then maybe. He turned his attention back to the crowd of sevens, a few looking at him while most still had their attention on the newbies.

"Right." he said quietly to himself before he spotted jake and jamie still part of the crowd. "Jamie! Jake! Over here." He barked at them so that he could catch their attention. Once they would come over he would begin explaining, "Jake, I want you to lead the newbies who want to be in the colony to the common area in the colony. Have them wait for there until I ask for. Jamie, if any of the newbies choose to leave, make sure that they are far away enough from colony grounds. If none do, then make sure the current batch here don't become threats." he ordered them. He then leaned in so that his whisper could be heard between the three, "Watch the big guy in the middle of the crowd, he doesn't seem too bothered by any of this."

With that, zecarayus turned and began making his way back to the colony. As he did, he pulled out his walkie talkie and again turned to the channel that medics would have theirs turned too and began talking into it. "Requesting a medic to meet up with me in my office for interviews. I repeat, requesting a medic to meet up with me in my office for interviews." He finished, and made his way to his office so that he could begin prepping for the newbies interviews.

((OOC: Interviews are something I thought up just now, but basically these are usually one on one discussions with a newbie and either the leader or co-leader in order to gain necessary information about the newbie. This way the leadership roles can determine where best to put said newbie. Any objections to this PM me please or on the OOC thread.))
1 2