Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dungeons and Dragons RP! (CLOSED!)
1 2 3
@Relicarn

Yep, that sounds fine. ;P Can't wait to see him!
@Relicarn

Yep, that sounds fine. ;P Can't wait to see him!
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowtheWisp

Cool! I can’t wait to see where this goes and I’m subscribed now
@WillowtheWisp

Cool! I can’t wait to see where this goes and I’m subscribed now
~Happy Light Flight Nerd Here~
More Active on Weekends
[center][b]Name:[/b] Silas [b]Race:[/b] Aarakocra [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Sexuality:[/b] Pansexual [b]Age:[/b] 22 [b]Height:[/b] 5'6 [b]Weight: [/b]45kg [b]Appearance:[/b] [img]https://pre00.deviantart.net/691d/th/pre/f/2018/140/c/d/18090817_1337025559718629_605611334_o_by_ghou1ish-dcc2kle.jpg[/img] [i](Art by Filchez on FA)[/i] [b]Class:[/b] Warlock [b]Pact:[/b] Pact of the Chain As part of Silas' pact with his patron, Ital, he has an imp familiar named Abraxeus. Abraxeus spends most of his time invisable. [b]Weapons:[/b] Sickle, 2x Daggers, Light Crossbow [b]Armor:[/b] Leather Armor [b]Alignment: [/b]Chaotic Neutral [b]Personality:[/b] Silas is a conman through and through, charming as hell and greedy to boot. However, this is mostly just a rouse. Deep down he has many fears and worries and, despite his snake-oil-salesman persona, he's genuinely loyal to anyone who get's close enough to be his friend. [b]Background:[/b] Born without the bright plumage that usually denotes a desirable male, Silas was a social outcast within his own species from birth, relying on charm more than good looks to get by. Unlike other Aarakocra, he never felt much loyalty to his tribe, and usually took up rolls that would keep him on the outskirts of his colony, acting as a hunter or scout. It was during one of his scouting missions that he fell into the hands of slavers, his greedy eye unable to resist the lure of gold that walked him into a trap. In the slavers hands he learnt that charm could only get so far, and that was certainly not far enough to make an escape. He missed his freedom sorely, unable to take wing like he once could have, and grew more and more desperate, desperate enough to attempt any sort of invocation. He tried any invocation he overheard, all of them ending up being nothing but rumours and fakes, but he kept trying whenever he could, huddling in corners of slave quarters mumbling chants and words in the hopes someone would listen. Eventually, someone did. An unknown entity, hailing from an unknown realm, answered his invocation through his dreams, sensing Silas’ desperateness and seeing the ways in which it could be turned to its advantage. The entity made a deal with Silas, offering to assist in regaining his freedom in exchange for Silas entering into a pact with it. Silas can remember little of what happened after the deal was made, only that when he woke, the residence he was enslaved in was empty, no trace of either the masters of the house nor the other slaves remaining. Silas built himself a new life under the guidance of his patron, named Ital, following its commands obediently and without falter, not looking to bite, nor turn his back on, the hand that saved him. Silas’ early nerves about his patron soon vanished as he established more of an eager student role to its teachings. Whilst he may still get on his patron’s nerves, he treats Ital more like a close friend and mentor than something to be feared. Ital taught him the art of cantrips and spells, and Silas once again found chances for his natural charm to win him favours and money from unsuspecting citizens, his charm bolstered by the knowledge of the patron that stood behind him with its teachings and magic. He did everything he could to make his acts just that little bit more convincing, purchasing fine clothes and tinting his drab feathers bright, attractive colours. Conning came easily to him, and gave him a fun and quick way to scam money from idiots and naive folk. With the knowledge gained from his patron, he constructed himself a second identity to fall back on if he ever found himself in need of one, Atticus, a travelling trader without a single black mark to his name. Silas’ drive to adventure comes from a mixture of Ital’s wishes and his own hunt for riches. His patron wishes to establish a more physical presence within the Material Realm, something Silas is eager to see happen too, and most of its commands to him lie in removing threats to its existence within the realm, be it texts that reveal aspects of his patron, or people who may know something his patron deems a threat. Silas has very little qualms about killing for the sake of his patron, seeing it’s ideals as his own too, but will often find ways to provoke said person into attacking or being openly hostile first. He may be a conman, but Silas will never let the word ‘murder’ be associated with him. [b]Family: [/b]None[/center]
Name: Silas
Race: Aarakocra
Sexuality: Pansexual
Height: 5'6
Weight: 45kg
Appearance:
18090817_1337025559718629_605611334_o_by_ghou1ish-dcc2kle.jpg
(Art by Filchez on FA)

Class: Warlock
Pact: Pact of the Chain
As part of Silas' pact with his patron, Ital, he has an imp familiar named Abraxeus. Abraxeus spends most of his time invisable.
Weapons: Sickle, 2x Daggers, Light Crossbow
Armor: Leather Armor
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Personality:
Silas is a conman through and through, charming as hell and greedy to boot. However, this is mostly just a rouse. Deep down he has many fears and worries and, despite his snake-oil-salesman persona, he's genuinely loyal to anyone who get's close enough to be his friend.
Background:
Born without the bright plumage that usually denotes a desirable male, Silas was a social outcast within his own species from birth, relying on charm more than good looks to get by. Unlike other Aarakocra, he never felt much loyalty to his tribe, and usually took up rolls that would keep him on the outskirts of his colony, acting as a hunter or scout. It was during one of his scouting missions that he fell into the hands of slavers, his greedy eye unable to resist the lure of gold that walked him into a trap. In the slavers hands he learnt that charm could only get so far, and that was certainly not far enough to make an escape. He missed his freedom sorely, unable to take wing like he once could have, and grew more and more desperate, desperate enough to attempt any sort of invocation. He tried any invocation he overheard, all of them ending up being nothing but rumours and fakes, but he kept trying whenever he could, huddling in corners of slave quarters mumbling chants and words in the hopes someone would listen. Eventually, someone did. An unknown entity, hailing from an unknown realm, answered his invocation through his dreams, sensing Silas’ desperateness and seeing the ways in which it could be turned to its advantage. The entity made a deal with Silas, offering to assist in regaining his freedom in exchange for Silas entering into a pact with it. Silas can remember little of what happened after the deal was made, only that when he woke, the residence he was enslaved in was empty, no trace of either the masters of the house nor the other slaves remaining.
Silas built himself a new life under the guidance of his patron, named Ital, following its commands obediently and without falter, not looking to bite, nor turn his back on, the hand that saved him. Silas’ early nerves about his patron soon vanished as he established more of an eager student role to its teachings. Whilst he may still get on his patron’s nerves, he treats Ital more like a close friend and mentor than something to be feared. Ital taught him the art of cantrips and spells, and Silas once again found chances for his natural charm to win him favours and money from unsuspecting citizens, his charm bolstered by the knowledge of the patron that stood behind him with its teachings and magic. He did everything he could to make his acts just that little bit more convincing, purchasing fine clothes and tinting his drab feathers bright, attractive colours. Conning came easily to him, and gave him a fun and quick way to scam money from idiots and naive folk. With the knowledge gained from his patron, he constructed himself a second identity to fall back on if he ever found himself in need of one, Atticus, a travelling trader without a single black mark to his name.
Silas’ drive to adventure comes from a mixture of Ital’s wishes and his own hunt for riches. His patron wishes to establish a more physical presence within the Material Realm, something Silas is eager to see happen too, and most of its commands to him lie in removing threats to its existence within the realm, be it texts that reveal aspects of his patron, or people who may know something his patron deems a threat. Silas has very little qualms about killing for the sake of his patron, seeing it’s ideals as his own too, but will often find ways to provoke said person into attacking or being openly hostile first. He may be a conman, but Silas will never let the word ‘murder’ be associated with him.
Family: None
He looks great, Relicarn!
He looks great, Relicarn!

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
Name: Finn.
Race: Half Elf (sea.)
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Height: 6'
Weight: 165 lbs.

Appearance: Tall, slim, her thicker thighs are the only real curve to her as her bust is small. There is muscle tone but she still looks a little too thin- maybe because her elven limbs are so long compared to a slim human body. The majority of her oval face is off white. Slim, flat nose with nostrils that seem always flared. There are pronounced scales framing her face that begin with an ivory color to a dingy yellow then deepen to burnt orange and red browns. Her brows are also made up of large and medium scales. She lacks a lot of general expression beyond tired and possibly unfriendly. Two deep creases beneath her eyes emphasise tired and dehydrated than simply aged. Her ears are closer to humans in size but pointed and tipped in ruddy color. Dishwater blonde makes up her straight, lanky hair. It is often parted down the middle and the length wrapped in cloth. On her narrow neck are a pair of small secondary gills that are scarred and older skinnier scars.The rest of her body is adorn in the same scales but wrapped up in cloths and light leathers that still allow a lot of movement. Her chest is always wrapped up and frequently damp, just underneath are the remaining her primary gills and several scars on and around them. On her thighs are thick leather straps that hold two large vessels that act like jugs. She is very agile and quiet in step save for the occasional slosh of water from the jugs. Her eyes are her most prominent feature. They're so large like an elf's with oval pupils. The butter yellow irises are thinly rimmed by cerulean. They almost seem to glow against her dull coloring.

Class: Monk.

Weapons: Quarter staff. Two jugs (either filled or unfilled with water.)

Armor: Mostly bandages, light leather armor and a chest armor of medium leather.

Alignment: True neutral. ("Not my circus, not my monkeys." Some personal code but largely on the sidelines.)

Beliefs: Atheist.

Personality: Indifferent, reliable, deeply reserved, honest. Capable of being a decent team player so long as there is a good plan or she has the freedom to act as she desires. Though she keeps people at a distance and doesn't enjoy revealing a lot about herself. In a sense, she isolates herself and also content, which puzzles some. She's self aware and it's how she chose to be. Others may try to "save her" either from her personality or her past. She doesn't feel that she needs saving or to change. She's a hard worker, determined enough and accomplished a lot for herself.

Background: She grew up in a monastery, abandoned and sickly. Her new beginning and early life was challenging. She has different needs than a human baby due to her open gills. She could breathe air but still had dependence on water. The monks did what they could but there was more discipline placed on her. Water had to come from somewhere and she required more than the others. She was a burden to some, appreciated and pitied by others and truly, an experiment, by a few. She felt like an outsider because she was. Nobody looked like her. When older, she went to town and the sea to learn what she could and maybe belong. The humans didn't welcome her and the sea never responded. She didn't belong in either world and neither could relate to her. Still, she had a life. The years in the monastery were a limited experience. The heartbreak of rejection, twice, were only two experiences. So, she set out to see the world. It was slow and difficult but she showed decent ability in finding work and quests.

Family: Later in life, she learned from a village that her mother was human and who abandoned her. Where the mother is unknown but death or runaway is assumed. Likewise, her father must of have been sea elf. There was an elderly monk who spent the most time raising her and who "doctored" and disciplined her gills. She was quite close to him but he has since died. Another monk trained her in extensive martial arts but she left the monastery and therefore, left the family.

(Yeah, I've never played D&D but I've wanted to and I had this character from ages ago. I hope this is okay!)
Name: Finn.
Race: Half Elf (sea.)
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Height: 6'
Weight: 165 lbs.

Appearance: Tall, slim, her thicker thighs are the only real curve to her as her bust is small. There is muscle tone but she still looks a little too thin- maybe because her elven limbs are so long compared to a slim human body. The majority of her oval face is off white. Slim, flat nose with nostrils that seem always flared. There are pronounced scales framing her face that begin with an ivory color to a dingy yellow then deepen to burnt orange and red browns. Her brows are also made up of large and medium scales. She lacks a lot of general expression beyond tired and possibly unfriendly. Two deep creases beneath her eyes emphasise tired and dehydrated than simply aged. Her ears are closer to humans in size but pointed and tipped in ruddy color. Dishwater blonde makes up her straight, lanky hair. It is often parted down the middle and the length wrapped in cloth. On her narrow neck are a pair of small secondary gills that are scarred and older skinnier scars.The rest of her body is adorn in the same scales but wrapped up in cloths and light leathers that still allow a lot of movement. Her chest is always wrapped up and frequently damp, just underneath are the remaining her primary gills and several scars on and around them. On her thighs are thick leather straps that hold two large vessels that act like jugs. She is very agile and quiet in step save for the occasional slosh of water from the jugs. Her eyes are her most prominent feature. They're so large like an elf's with oval pupils. The butter yellow irises are thinly rimmed by cerulean. They almost seem to glow against her dull coloring.

Class: Monk.

Weapons: Quarter staff. Two jugs (either filled or unfilled with water.)

Armor: Mostly bandages, light leather armor and a chest armor of medium leather.

Alignment: True neutral. ("Not my circus, not my monkeys." Some personal code but largely on the sidelines.)

Beliefs: Atheist.

Personality: Indifferent, reliable, deeply reserved, honest. Capable of being a decent team player so long as there is a good plan or she has the freedom to act as she desires. Though she keeps people at a distance and doesn't enjoy revealing a lot about herself. In a sense, she isolates herself and also content, which puzzles some. She's self aware and it's how she chose to be. Others may try to "save her" either from her personality or her past. She doesn't feel that she needs saving or to change. She's a hard worker, determined enough and accomplished a lot for herself.

Background: She grew up in a monastery, abandoned and sickly. Her new beginning and early life was challenging. She has different needs than a human baby due to her open gills. She could breathe air but still had dependence on water. The monks did what they could but there was more discipline placed on her. Water had to come from somewhere and she required more than the others. She was a burden to some, appreciated and pitied by others and truly, an experiment, by a few. She felt like an outsider because she was. Nobody looked like her. When older, she went to town and the sea to learn what she could and maybe belong. The humans didn't welcome her and the sea never responded. She didn't belong in either world and neither could relate to her. Still, she had a life. The years in the monastery were a limited experience. The heartbreak of rejection, twice, were only two experiences. So, she set out to see the world. It was slow and difficult but she showed decent ability in finding work and quests.

Family: Later in life, she learned from a village that her mother was human and who abandoned her. Where the mother is unknown but death or runaway is assumed. Likewise, her father must of have been sea elf. There was an elderly monk who spent the most time raising her and who "doctored" and disciplined her gills. She was quite close to him but he has since died. Another monk trained her in extensive martial arts but she left the monastery and therefore, left the family.

(Yeah, I've never played D&D but I've wanted to and I had this character from ages ago. I hope this is okay!)
@Petaloid

Hi! Welcome! Finn looks awesome ^^ Can you subscribe please? I'll have a starting post up...sometime today, lol. :D Stay tuned, haha
@Petaloid

Hi! Welcome! Finn looks awesome ^^ Can you subscribe please? I'll have a starting post up...sometime today, lol. :D Stay tuned, haha

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
@WillowtheWisp I am and thank you for the accept.
@WillowtheWisp I am and thank you for the accept.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/RXTqVeh.jpg[/img] Some visual aid for Floofles, except a whole heck of a lot bigger XD
RXTqVeh.jpg

Some visual aid for Floofles, except a whole heck of a lot bigger XD

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
[img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/5b9b46b776b4187c65daebd07d090831/tumblr_inline_p94i3i9xzB1uzbpqx_540.png[/img] Just a real rough WIP.
tumblr_inline_p94i3i9xzB1uzbpqx_540.png
Just a real rough WIP.
@ Petaloid
OMG That is some wonderful art you did! Finn looks amazing! :D
@ Petaloid
OMG That is some wonderful art you did! Finn looks amazing! :D
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
1 2 3