Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Spiritual Rift (OOC Thread Closed)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18
@Zuron
I am subbed ^^

Well, it depends on the spirit. Like Rowan has to summon Gurgus again whenever he wants a lesson in alchemy and Perseverance just gave him the book and went back to the spirit world. I'd say most would not be able to stay in the human world for very long as it lacks magic unless certain conditions are met. Like I'd assume Markus wouldn't need to since his spirit uses him kind of like a host, right? Others might have like a "speed dial" type of thing that might allow them to quickly summon their spirit for use. Does that make sense? ^^
@Zuron
I am subbed ^^

Well, it depends on the spirit. Like Rowan has to summon Gurgus again whenever he wants a lesson in alchemy and Perseverance just gave him the book and went back to the spirit world. I'd say most would not be able to stay in the human world for very long as it lacks magic unless certain conditions are met. Like I'd assume Markus wouldn't need to since his spirit uses him kind of like a host, right? Others might have like a "speed dial" type of thing that might allow them to quickly summon their spirit for use. Does that make sense? ^^
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
'ello. Is this still open?

I'm relatively new at FR RPs, so constructive criticisms welcomed!

Name: Tay
Sexuality: Ace/Aro
Spirits: (Please include the name, brief personality, and appearance of each spirit along with what they gave to the character and the conditions for the contracts)

Huehue
Huehue (often known by Tay as Hue) is a friendly spirit, and the only Tay currently can summon. He is around the size of her fist, and appears as a rodent-like creature, resembling both a hamster and rat, with a long white tail and orange fluffy fur. He has long front teeth and small cute ears. He likes to be around with Tay, but he doesn't appear to know how to talk. He is quite stubborn, often being able to persuade Tay into obeying him. He also really loves food. His hunger is often what steers his choices, which in turn also steers Tay's. He may appear hostile to strangers, but loving to friends.

Hue gives Tay the ability to briefly mask her own appearance and clothing. She can change her age, her face, her gender, but not her personality or voice. These transformations are very difficult, and can take quite a while, painful both to her and the unlucky eyes that beholds the transformation. The disguise will wear out bit by bit, usually with minor details. Hue must be close to her while she's in disguise or else it wears off immediately.

The contract states that Tay must try her best to please Hue (in terms of food). If Hue isn't pleased with her, he would exit the human world and return to the spirit world without helping her, and she can't summon him for the next twelve hours to come. Luckily, he isn't picky, but he has a giant appetite.

Personality: Tay is quite peaceful and calm. She prefers to stay away from arguments and is rather focused on keeping peace, not fixing wars. She finds her heart in scrolls, books, and she depends more on logic and reason than gut instincts (unless Hue tells her otherwise). She cares deeply about Hue, as he is sort of her only family. Tay is an ambivert - open to friends, closed at large public crowds. She isn't really sensitive emotionally, and so may accidentally some words not meant to hurt others. Joke resistant. Her past isn't really tragic, and so she remains quite optimistic and hopeful. She is resourceful on knowledge, but not such an expert when it comes to surviving. She does have a couple of strategies up her sleeves. She's not a fighter or a healer, but is good at providing ideas and facts. Her laugh is incredibly rare, as rare as her tears.

Appearance: Tay has tanned skin, due to spending most of her time in the forests or in open fields. She doesn't like reading in libraries, but checking them out and reading them in the open. (Oops should've put this in personality oh well) She has narrow green eyes and long black curls of hair. She never bothered to tie them up. Her fingernails and toenails are quite long, probably due to neglect of taking care of them. She's not exactly tall or short, somewhere around 5'9'' (Correct me if this isn't average). She has no scars or tattoos.

Her preferred clothing is something comfortable, casual, but still not so loose. A simple white shirt, a billowing brown leather skirt, and black skin-tight trousers underneath would be enough for her. She doesn't care for accessories. She's prefer pockets in which to store Hue and her essentials.

Backstory: Tay grew up with a old man, which she knew isn't her birth parent or grandparent, but loved him nonetheless. She doesn't actually know his real name, but she calls him "Pa". Her name is sort of like a nickname, which is the name of the old man's pet dog. Her second home is the library, and she spent afternoons reading about histories, tales, and other treasures. She always wanted to meet her parents, but it wasn't a necessity - just a dream she wished she would pursue someday.

One day, her Pa died. As a teenager, crossing twenty years soon, she knew all about how to handle the dead, but she wasn't sure what to do. All the symptons were there, and she knew what normal people did, but she was suddenly numb. She just sat in a chair next to her Pa, who lay in bed. She wasn't sad, but stunned by her inability.

In lack of a thing to care for, she felt alone. So she decided to find a spirit.

Her times in the library paid off. She went off in search of a spirit, and she found one. Or rather, it found her. Hue was active, and actually invited her to bond with him. Of course, the first thing after they had the contract was to find food.

When she heard about the ritual, she realized it was a golden oppurtunity. Tons of food for Hue, and she could finally visit the place of her dreams: the royal library. She wasn't at all hesitant to volunteer.

Other: Hiiiiiii is Tay ok?
'ello. Is this still open?

I'm relatively new at FR RPs, so constructive criticisms welcomed!

Name: Tay
Sexuality: Ace/Aro
Spirits: (Please include the name, brief personality, and appearance of each spirit along with what they gave to the character and the conditions for the contracts)

Huehue
Huehue (often known by Tay as Hue) is a friendly spirit, and the only Tay currently can summon. He is around the size of her fist, and appears as a rodent-like creature, resembling both a hamster and rat, with a long white tail and orange fluffy fur. He has long front teeth and small cute ears. He likes to be around with Tay, but he doesn't appear to know how to talk. He is quite stubborn, often being able to persuade Tay into obeying him. He also really loves food. His hunger is often what steers his choices, which in turn also steers Tay's. He may appear hostile to strangers, but loving to friends.

Hue gives Tay the ability to briefly mask her own appearance and clothing. She can change her age, her face, her gender, but not her personality or voice. These transformations are very difficult, and can take quite a while, painful both to her and the unlucky eyes that beholds the transformation. The disguise will wear out bit by bit, usually with minor details. Hue must be close to her while she's in disguise or else it wears off immediately.

The contract states that Tay must try her best to please Hue (in terms of food). If Hue isn't pleased with her, he would exit the human world and return to the spirit world without helping her, and she can't summon him for the next twelve hours to come. Luckily, he isn't picky, but he has a giant appetite.

Personality: Tay is quite peaceful and calm. She prefers to stay away from arguments and is rather focused on keeping peace, not fixing wars. She finds her heart in scrolls, books, and she depends more on logic and reason than gut instincts (unless Hue tells her otherwise). She cares deeply about Hue, as he is sort of her only family. Tay is an ambivert - open to friends, closed at large public crowds. She isn't really sensitive emotionally, and so may accidentally some words not meant to hurt others. Joke resistant. Her past isn't really tragic, and so she remains quite optimistic and hopeful. She is resourceful on knowledge, but not such an expert when it comes to surviving. She does have a couple of strategies up her sleeves. She's not a fighter or a healer, but is good at providing ideas and facts. Her laugh is incredibly rare, as rare as her tears.

Appearance: Tay has tanned skin, due to spending most of her time in the forests or in open fields. She doesn't like reading in libraries, but checking them out and reading them in the open. (Oops should've put this in personality oh well) She has narrow green eyes and long black curls of hair. She never bothered to tie them up. Her fingernails and toenails are quite long, probably due to neglect of taking care of them. She's not exactly tall or short, somewhere around 5'9'' (Correct me if this isn't average). She has no scars or tattoos.

Her preferred clothing is something comfortable, casual, but still not so loose. A simple white shirt, a billowing brown leather skirt, and black skin-tight trousers underneath would be enough for her. She doesn't care for accessories. She's prefer pockets in which to store Hue and her essentials.

Backstory: Tay grew up with a old man, which she knew isn't her birth parent or grandparent, but loved him nonetheless. She doesn't actually know his real name, but she calls him "Pa". Her name is sort of like a nickname, which is the name of the old man's pet dog. Her second home is the library, and she spent afternoons reading about histories, tales, and other treasures. She always wanted to meet her parents, but it wasn't a necessity - just a dream she wished she would pursue someday.

One day, her Pa died. As a teenager, crossing twenty years soon, she knew all about how to handle the dead, but she wasn't sure what to do. All the symptons were there, and she knew what normal people did, but she was suddenly numb. She just sat in a chair next to her Pa, who lay in bed. She wasn't sad, but stunned by her inability.

In lack of a thing to care for, she felt alone. So she decided to find a spirit.

Her times in the library paid off. She went off in search of a spirit, and she found one. Or rather, it found her. Hue was active, and actually invited her to bond with him. Of course, the first thing after they had the contract was to find food.

When she heard about the ritual, she realized it was a golden oppurtunity. Tons of food for Hue, and she could finally visit the place of her dreams: the royal library. She wasn't at all hesitant to volunteer.

Other: Hiiiiiii is Tay ok?
Hey @Abyssranger I think I’m going to drop. I just cannot for the life of me figure out a character and in general I’m just not feeling it. I hope you all have fun though! It sounds like an amazing adventure!
Hey @Abyssranger I think I’m going to drop. I just cannot for the life of me figure out a character and in general I’m just not feeling it. I hope you all have fun though! It sounds like an amazing adventure!
Boborc | He/They | FR+3
:3 feel free to message me, I don’t bite!
@Sorireuh

Hey, sorry but we really need more combat-oriented characters since we still have very few fighters and too many supports. Sorry, but I'm not going to be accepting support characters at this time ^^
@Sorireuh

Hey, sorry but we really need more combat-oriented characters since we still have very few fighters and too many supports. Sorry, but I'm not going to be accepting support characters at this time ^^
You can, if you'd like :3 And I think that the only controlling crops part could be an interesting way to power down her plant ability :3

On her combat abilities, so I don't think gaining proficiency in knives or hand-to-hand combat would be too big of a contract as long as she isn't like godly at it. Also, I don't think a combat spirit needing to have someone killed as part of their contract would be particularly steep since, in combat, usually someone is going to end up dead anyways. ^^
You can, if you'd like :3 And I think that the only controlling crops part could be an interesting way to power down her plant ability :3

On her combat abilities, so I don't think gaining proficiency in knives or hand-to-hand combat would be too big of a contract as long as she isn't like godly at it. Also, I don't think a combat spirit needing to have someone killed as part of their contract would be particularly steep since, in combat, usually someone is going to end up dead anyways. ^^
@Cebelrai

Maybe they'll lose their ability to use other weapons to some degree or entirely.
@Cebelrai

Maybe they'll lose their ability to use other weapons to some degree or entirely.
dbpwq3g-7e9d6c9e-85a8-4b9c-bcbd-2d891aef0130.png
Perhaps, she was given her ability to fight (say she uses a dagger) by the spirit bestowing her with a special dagger. She has to make sure that it is completely maintained and go through great lengths to clean the blade after each fight. If the blade remains uncleaned for too long, the contract will be broken. If a piece of the blade or hilt is broken off, the contract will be broken also. Since some spirits are pretty particular about their contracts lol.

Just tossing out an idea lol
Perhaps, she was given her ability to fight (say she uses a dagger) by the spirit bestowing her with a special dagger. She has to make sure that it is completely maintained and go through great lengths to clean the blade after each fight. If the blade remains uncleaned for too long, the contract will be broken. If a piece of the blade or hilt is broken off, the contract will be broken also. Since some spirits are pretty particular about their contracts lol.

Just tossing out an idea lol
I don’t know that I can match you guys’ post length... is that okay?
I don’t know that I can match you guys’ post length... is that okay?
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
@/Cebelrai
Still sorta hesitant on the contract but, with the whole stealing her soul thing, I am going to say that makes it a steep cost, so I'm gonna give you the all clear to use it :3

@Snowleaf
You don't have to worry about matching length. Quality over quantity. Just do your best :3
@/Cebelrai
Still sorta hesitant on the contract but, with the whole stealing her soul thing, I am going to say that makes it a steep cost, so I'm gonna give you the all clear to use it :3

@Snowleaf
You don't have to worry about matching length. Quality over quantity. Just do your best :3
Oh, no problem. Would it be better if I threw in a combat spirit?
Oh, no problem. Would it be better if I threw in a combat spirit?
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 18