Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Embers [1x1 Private RP]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14
Myrddin chortles with Quinn's response, gasping and gripping the feathers at his breast. "Ah!" he gasps, "a stab to my tender heart!"

The laughter that comes is honest, and it's like being unchained. Myrddin has for so long been imprisoned by his own mind that it seems strange to take such pleasure from a simple playful exchange. He lets his head dangle off the lounge, hat toppling to the floor, and grins at Quinn.

His ears, the tender insides a rich russet, darken. It catches the wizard's attention, and he wonders at its meaning. Is he embarrassed at such playfulness? It wouldn't surprise him; Quinn was so deliberately locked into a neutral state when they first met, and to now play along with Myrddin's foolishness...

The tip of his tail flicks happily. "That's wonderful," he says, wholly sincere. "It's visible, my friend! You're a joy to behold." His heart beats hard, though he'd meant nothing untoward by the statement.
Myrddin chortles with Quinn's response, gasping and gripping the feathers at his breast. "Ah!" he gasps, "a stab to my tender heart!"

The laughter that comes is honest, and it's like being unchained. Myrddin has for so long been imprisoned by his own mind that it seems strange to take such pleasure from a simple playful exchange. He lets his head dangle off the lounge, hat toppling to the floor, and grins at Quinn.

His ears, the tender insides a rich russet, darken. It catches the wizard's attention, and he wonders at its meaning. Is he embarrassed at such playfulness? It wouldn't surprise him; Quinn was so deliberately locked into a neutral state when they first met, and to now play along with Myrddin's foolishness...

The tip of his tail flicks happily. "That's wonderful," he says, wholly sincere. "It's visible, my friend! You're a joy to behold." His heart beats hard, though he'd meant nothing untoward by the statement.
FBljwoz.png "To see a maiden dance around the fire is not so strange;
but fire dances 'round the limbs of this uncommon maid!
Be brave enough to burn and you'll be brave enough to fly;
join your sister Solace as she lights the morning sky!"
Quinn pointed towards the hat and flicked his finger upward, chuckling as the hat started to fly around the room as if it was a lost bird. His gaze fell upon the smiling coatl, ears turning darker as he admired the other. This fluttering feeling caused a rather loud sigh, one of confusion and slight frustration. The laugh the other makes surprises Quinn slightly, for there is only sincerity behind it. His heartbeat increases at this discovery.

He remembered how the other seemed to behave a lot more like him, or at least before the first visit. Initially the coatl was rather fake, much like the tundra themselves, Myrddin was withdrawn into his own mind. Perhaps merely controlling a shell, much like the warlock did with their own character. Blinking a couple of times the man grimaced, he had been staring at the mage with a stupid grin on his face the whole time.

"Ah well thank you Myrddin, you still look perfectly healthy, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much about any improvement. But how could something so handsome be improved." The tundra chuckled softly, and another magical nudge was felt by the coatl. The flirt was blunt, obvious, but the tundra needed to get a bit of the tension out.
Quinn pointed towards the hat and flicked his finger upward, chuckling as the hat started to fly around the room as if it was a lost bird. His gaze fell upon the smiling coatl, ears turning darker as he admired the other. This fluttering feeling caused a rather loud sigh, one of confusion and slight frustration. The laugh the other makes surprises Quinn slightly, for there is only sincerity behind it. His heartbeat increases at this discovery.

He remembered how the other seemed to behave a lot more like him, or at least before the first visit. Initially the coatl was rather fake, much like the tundra themselves, Myrddin was withdrawn into his own mind. Perhaps merely controlling a shell, much like the warlock did with their own character. Blinking a couple of times the man grimaced, he had been staring at the mage with a stupid grin on his face the whole time.

"Ah well thank you Myrddin, you still look perfectly healthy, so I'm afraid I can't tell you much about any improvement. But how could something so handsome be improved." The tundra chuckled softly, and another magical nudge was felt by the coatl. The flirt was blunt, obvious, but the tundra needed to get a bit of the tension out.
Chipped Blackened Legbones Fascinator Greystone Deer
so I gave myrddin pinstripe

scrying him and quinn is now a lesson in tears

His hat, normally a silly thing on his head, seems even worse while darting through the air, tassels swinging. Myrddin chortles, delighted, but his eyes are on Quinn, not the hat.

The flirt is like a smack to the face, but not unpleasantly so. Merely a shock, a sudden snap into reality, a keen understanding; oh, he thinks in realization, and feels rather foolish. As old as he is, as much as he's seen, and he couldn't even comprehend that he has a crush. How embarrassing!

"Ah," he says, grinning dumbly, "A compliment indeed, from one such as yourself." He wonders of the how of Quinn's sight, without his eyes. What does he see, when he looks at Myrddin?

edit: help
so I gave myrddin pinstripe

scrying him and quinn is now a lesson in tears

His hat, normally a silly thing on his head, seems even worse while darting through the air, tassels swinging. Myrddin chortles, delighted, but his eyes are on Quinn, not the hat.

The flirt is like a smack to the face, but not unpleasantly so. Merely a shock, a sudden snap into reality, a keen understanding; oh, he thinks in realization, and feels rather foolish. As old as he is, as much as he's seen, and he couldn't even comprehend that he has a crush. How embarrassing!

"Ah," he says, grinning dumbly, "A compliment indeed, from one such as yourself." He wonders of the how of Quinn's sight, without his eyes. What does he see, when he looks at Myrddin?

edit: help
Oh my goodness their kids are so perfect. My goodness.

The hat landed on the tundra's head with a defeated plump, causing a soft laugh to slip from him. It looked a bit funny on his head, oversized and out of place with the clothing he usually wore. Removing the hat with a sigh it was sat on an end table as he made his way towards the resting coatl.

"What a charmer you are." He teased quietly, plopping himself on the ground as he summoned a few pillows from his pillow. Making himself comfortable on top of the soft cushions. "A compliment from you is welcomed though, as I know there is no hint of sarcasm within it. Unlike Samael, well he doesn't give out compliments." Chuckling softly the tundra rolled onto his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"He is the kind of man who degrades you until nothing but his voice remains. Good thing for a cult leader, though." Chuckling softly he turned, looking over at the coatl and giving him a smile. Quinn felt his heart hammering as he kept his eyeless gaze focused on the other. Even without eyes they were able to experience flashes, brief moments where images flashed through their head. Something he had fruitlessly tampered with until it happened frequently enough, providing a clear image of the world around him.
Oh my goodness their kids are so perfect. My goodness.

The hat landed on the tundra's head with a defeated plump, causing a soft laugh to slip from him. It looked a bit funny on his head, oversized and out of place with the clothing he usually wore. Removing the hat with a sigh it was sat on an end table as he made his way towards the resting coatl.

"What a charmer you are." He teased quietly, plopping himself on the ground as he summoned a few pillows from his pillow. Making himself comfortable on top of the soft cushions. "A compliment from you is welcomed though, as I know there is no hint of sarcasm within it. Unlike Samael, well he doesn't give out compliments." Chuckling softly the tundra rolled onto his back, staring up at the ceiling.

"He is the kind of man who degrades you until nothing but his voice remains. Good thing for a cult leader, though." Chuckling softly he turned, looking over at the coatl and giving him a smile. Quinn felt his heart hammering as he kept his eyeless gaze focused on the other. Even without eyes they were able to experience flashes, brief moments where images flashed through their head. Something he had fruitlessly tampered with until it happened frequently enough, providing a clear image of the world around him.
I'mma give him Capsule too. 50/50 with Runes.

I feel like they're doing it on purpose now.

Quinn wearing his hat is so cute Myrddin ends up gaping. It's a bright golden thing against his umber fur and dark adornments, slipping down over his covered eyes and rucked against his horns. The coatl hadn't made much of a note of how small Quinn was until then, the tassels that rest against his shoulders dangling to the tundra's chest.

How someone had hurt such a creature, he doesn't know.

Quinn settles nearby, bringing his nest to him and curling up within with a happy huff in his throat; Myrddin snorts softly in amusement. "I'd like to think so," he teases, "though I'm sure many would disagree."

He thinks over that description of Samael. He hadn't entirely been lying to himself; he is deeply curious of the venomous creature, death in his touch and words alike. But that is something that would have to be approached very carefully. Quinn is the least dangerous of this group, which is why Myrddin sought him first; mere respect and intriguing conversation won't be enough for a being like Samael.

But he's brought out of himself by the way Quinn smiles, on his back and burrowed comfortably into his nest; it reminds Myrddin of hatchlings, their playful relaxed stances, too naive to be wary of their exposed bellies. Is Quinn so comfortable? He swallows, then lets his eyes slide to the draw of his ruff, which has laid flat.

There, on his chest, is a vial, and within, his feather.

Carefully, he reaches out, one claw tapping it with a gentle ding. "You kept it," he says, quietly pleased. The magic he'd wound into the feather has warmed the glass and the fur around it, radiating. "My ember."
I'mma give him Capsule too. 50/50 with Runes.

I feel like they're doing it on purpose now.

Quinn wearing his hat is so cute Myrddin ends up gaping. It's a bright golden thing against his umber fur and dark adornments, slipping down over his covered eyes and rucked against his horns. The coatl hadn't made much of a note of how small Quinn was until then, the tassels that rest against his shoulders dangling to the tundra's chest.

How someone had hurt such a creature, he doesn't know.

Quinn settles nearby, bringing his nest to him and curling up within with a happy huff in his throat; Myrddin snorts softly in amusement. "I'd like to think so," he teases, "though I'm sure many would disagree."

He thinks over that description of Samael. He hadn't entirely been lying to himself; he is deeply curious of the venomous creature, death in his touch and words alike. But that is something that would have to be approached very carefully. Quinn is the least dangerous of this group, which is why Myrddin sought him first; mere respect and intriguing conversation won't be enough for a being like Samael.

But he's brought out of himself by the way Quinn smiles, on his back and burrowed comfortably into his nest; it reminds Myrddin of hatchlings, their playful relaxed stances, too naive to be wary of their exposed bellies. Is Quinn so comfortable? He swallows, then lets his eyes slide to the draw of his ruff, which has laid flat.

There, on his chest, is a vial, and within, his feather.

Carefully, he reaches out, one claw tapping it with a gentle ding. "You kept it," he says, quietly pleased. The magic he'd wound into the feather has warmed the glass and the fur around it, radiating. "My ember."
Ugh I have a strict no breeding policy for my gen ones but like that may have to change bc their kids are really something else. And I mean it's not like Quinn is going anywhere.

Chuckling softly the tundra shook his head at the comment, choosing to remain silent. The coatl did seem to act differently around him, the elevated heartbeat and nervousness was odd for a man who stood so confidently. Furrowing his brow the other just noticed how both of their hearts had been elevated every so often, the jump in pulse. Perhaps it was nothing, even if it was something the other decided to disregard it. Curiosity had never gotten him anywhere good, the satisfaction never quite brought him back.

Thoughts pooled at the back of his mind as the other laid, splayed out with his stomach up. Quinn never got to lay like this, always worried about who might catch him off guard. This, however, was something different. Myrddin brought a feeling of security to the warlock, soothed the problems that usually stopped him from relaxing.

Once again his heartbeat elevated as the other moved closer, fluttering rapidly as he pointed out the vial. Smiling the tundra gave a nod, wrapping his claws around the small vial and holding it close. "Of course I kept it Myrddin." He responded sounded a bit confused as to why such a silly question was even asked.

"You were the only one who showed me kindness since the engineer died. Years of sarcastic comments followed by bitter actions." Quinn paused, rolling onto his shoulder to curl into himself a bit. "This warmth you've given me, it guided me, showed me who I really was. Decades of being trapped inside my own head, desperately searching for relief, and you provided me with a way to break free. I could not just give up a gift left by the one who helped me... Saved me."
Ugh I have a strict no breeding policy for my gen ones but like that may have to change bc their kids are really something else. And I mean it's not like Quinn is going anywhere.

Chuckling softly the tundra shook his head at the comment, choosing to remain silent. The coatl did seem to act differently around him, the elevated heartbeat and nervousness was odd for a man who stood so confidently. Furrowing his brow the other just noticed how both of their hearts had been elevated every so often, the jump in pulse. Perhaps it was nothing, even if it was something the other decided to disregard it. Curiosity had never gotten him anywhere good, the satisfaction never quite brought him back.

Thoughts pooled at the back of his mind as the other laid, splayed out with his stomach up. Quinn never got to lay like this, always worried about who might catch him off guard. This, however, was something different. Myrddin brought a feeling of security to the warlock, soothed the problems that usually stopped him from relaxing.

Once again his heartbeat elevated as the other moved closer, fluttering rapidly as he pointed out the vial. Smiling the tundra gave a nod, wrapping his claws around the small vial and holding it close. "Of course I kept it Myrddin." He responded sounded a bit confused as to why such a silly question was even asked.

"You were the only one who showed me kindness since the engineer died. Years of sarcastic comments followed by bitter actions." Quinn paused, rolling onto his shoulder to curl into himself a bit. "This warmth you've given me, it guided me, showed me who I really was. Decades of being trapped inside my own head, desperately searching for relief, and you provided me with a way to break free. I could not just give up a gift left by the one who helped me... Saved me."
honestly I scried them at first because at a glance I figured they'd have a terrible range and I'd get to laugh at the horrible little gremlins they made but NO instead they have to make my heart hurt in every way possible

I'm incredibly amused at the thought of quinn stealing everyone's pillows and blankets during nesting fever and everyone's just ??? what are you doing what is this and cronus just

HE'S KNOCKED UP

and samael is. knocked...up? like...babies? what am I...what am I supposed to do with babies around? quinn. quinn are you listening.

Myrddin looks down at the tundra, baffled into silence. Awed, in some respect.

It isn't as though the coatl has never talked someone through their problems. Entirely for selfish reasons, usually, but he's done so, and many of them have expressed gratitude to him. He has a cabinet full of reminders and parting gifts that he keeps more to keep the knowledge he'd gathered from them sharp rather than any sentimental reason.

The rose he'd enchanted to live and placed at his favourite reading area is something else entirely, and so is Quinn.

The tundra touched him, and Myrddin cannot express how. He isn't the most hurt or the most interesting of those he's met. But Quinn has somehow affected him more than even the one being he'd ever taught his arts to.

Perhaps, he thinks, it's the painfully young vulnerability hiding inside of him. The loneliness and attempt to trap himself within his own self-made prison. Maybe that resonated with who Myrddin used to be, though he doesn't recall that part of his life.

Maybe, though he'd been so far gone within his own mind to realize, he's been lonely, too.

He swallows, then opens one wing and lets it fall to brush his flight feathers very carefully against Quinn's side. Coatls are warm creatures, made to survive the heavy heat of the forges of the Wastes, and his wing carries a volley of warm air. Enchantments keep the ship warm enough, but there's only so much one can do in a place like the Icefields.

"I think..." he starts, and stops, forced to reflect on who and what he is for the first time in...he doesn't know. Centuries? Longer? "I think maybe...you might have saved me, too."
honestly I scried them at first because at a glance I figured they'd have a terrible range and I'd get to laugh at the horrible little gremlins they made but NO instead they have to make my heart hurt in every way possible

I'm incredibly amused at the thought of quinn stealing everyone's pillows and blankets during nesting fever and everyone's just ??? what are you doing what is this and cronus just

HE'S KNOCKED UP

and samael is. knocked...up? like...babies? what am I...what am I supposed to do with babies around? quinn. quinn are you listening.

Myrddin looks down at the tundra, baffled into silence. Awed, in some respect.

It isn't as though the coatl has never talked someone through their problems. Entirely for selfish reasons, usually, but he's done so, and many of them have expressed gratitude to him. He has a cabinet full of reminders and parting gifts that he keeps more to keep the knowledge he'd gathered from them sharp rather than any sentimental reason.

The rose he'd enchanted to live and placed at his favourite reading area is something else entirely, and so is Quinn.

The tundra touched him, and Myrddin cannot express how. He isn't the most hurt or the most interesting of those he's met. But Quinn has somehow affected him more than even the one being he'd ever taught his arts to.

Perhaps, he thinks, it's the painfully young vulnerability hiding inside of him. The loneliness and attempt to trap himself within his own self-made prison. Maybe that resonated with who Myrddin used to be, though he doesn't recall that part of his life.

Maybe, though he'd been so far gone within his own mind to realize, he's been lonely, too.

He swallows, then opens one wing and lets it fall to brush his flight feathers very carefully against Quinn's side. Coatls are warm creatures, made to survive the heavy heat of the forges of the Wastes, and his wing carries a volley of warm air. Enchantments keep the ship warm enough, but there's only so much one can do in a place like the Icefields.

"I think..." he starts, and stops, forced to reflect on who and what he is for the first time in...he doesn't know. Centuries? Longer? "I think maybe...you might have saved me, too."
I'm so sorry I've been way too busy, this also slipped my mind or a little but now I'm here and ready! Geez busy weekend already.

I think rng just wanted us to die over how oddly beautiful their kids are. Because holy cow, they're beautiful. Who would've thought.

If Quinn got knocked up he wouldn't want to stay at the ship because cronus, the egg eating, always hungry, best would try for em. Warlock fighting cronus? Very bad idea

The silenced unnerved him, dredging up memories of his long since buried past. Whenever words spilled from his younger self, silence was never good, indicated a mistake. Pain would come from the silence, torment as the others chose what to do with him.

Quinn hated the quiet, was scared of silence after he had just spoken.

Had he upset the one person who seemed to make actually alive again? Perhaps the silence was caused by disgust. Bile rose in their throat, threatening to spill if the other did not fight. Why did this effect him so much? How could something as simple as silence, a pause in the discussion, cause the warlock so much distress? Quinn forced himself to relax a bit, biting the inside of his cheek to bring his thoughts in check.

The tang of iron filled his palate, perhaps he had bitten down a bit too hard. Not a bad thing though, the sting allowed his focus to be elsewhere. Though he was going through a mental battle, the body he had showed no signs of distress. Besides a slight shift here or there he seemed perfectly content to even the trained eye.

The tundra flinches at the movement, drawn out of his thoughts again and started by the sudden shift. The contact soothed him, pushing the bitter thoughts he had previously from his head. Myrddin wouldn't have brushed a wing up against him so gently if he had been furious with the other. Warmth spread throughout him, easing the distress he had been putting his body through.

"If you don't mind my curiosity, how so?" Quinn's response was soft, barely audible against the howling winds that sent echos throughout the ships halls. Something was bothering him previously, and the soft voice gave it away.
I'm so sorry I've been way too busy, this also slipped my mind or a little but now I'm here and ready! Geez busy weekend already.

I think rng just wanted us to die over how oddly beautiful their kids are. Because holy cow, they're beautiful. Who would've thought.

If Quinn got knocked up he wouldn't want to stay at the ship because cronus, the egg eating, always hungry, best would try for em. Warlock fighting cronus? Very bad idea

The silenced unnerved him, dredging up memories of his long since buried past. Whenever words spilled from his younger self, silence was never good, indicated a mistake. Pain would come from the silence, torment as the others chose what to do with him.

Quinn hated the quiet, was scared of silence after he had just spoken.

Had he upset the one person who seemed to make actually alive again? Perhaps the silence was caused by disgust. Bile rose in their throat, threatening to spill if the other did not fight. Why did this effect him so much? How could something as simple as silence, a pause in the discussion, cause the warlock so much distress? Quinn forced himself to relax a bit, biting the inside of his cheek to bring his thoughts in check.

The tang of iron filled his palate, perhaps he had bitten down a bit too hard. Not a bad thing though, the sting allowed his focus to be elsewhere. Though he was going through a mental battle, the body he had showed no signs of distress. Besides a slight shift here or there he seemed perfectly content to even the trained eye.

The tundra flinches at the movement, drawn out of his thoughts again and started by the sudden shift. The contact soothed him, pushing the bitter thoughts he had previously from his head. Myrddin wouldn't have brushed a wing up against him so gently if he had been furious with the other. Warmth spread throughout him, easing the distress he had been putting his body through.

"If you don't mind my curiosity, how so?" Quinn's response was soft, barely audible against the howling winds that sent echos throughout the ships halls. Something was bothering him previously, and the soft voice gave it away.
is okay!! :3 welcome to the fluff

I know! I haven't seen one yet that isn't at least pretty? and it really took me by surprise, but goodness, they're so good

oh...yes, that's a good point. hm. he does have somewhere to go, though, if he'd want. like myrddin wouldn't let him stay around for a while or help find a safe place to settle.

Myrddin retracts his wing slightly, hearing it. "I didn't mean to upset you," he says, worried the contact had bothered the warlock. Perhaps it'd been a push too hard? Too much intimacy, from someone he barely knew?

He swallows, working through his thoughts, as loud and chaotic as always, a cacophony of noise that can so easily consume him. After a second, he begins, "Ah, well. It's difficult to say." He curls his tail around his feet. "I'm...it has been a very long time since I've cared about something that isn't a new curiosity or interesting tidbit. I have always felt somewhat removed from anything else."

He looks at Quinn, at the expression on the tundra's face, softer than the hard mask he'd worn when they first met. "I think I...was lost. Inside my own head. And somehow you've shown me a way out."
is okay!! :3 welcome to the fluff

I know! I haven't seen one yet that isn't at least pretty? and it really took me by surprise, but goodness, they're so good

oh...yes, that's a good point. hm. he does have somewhere to go, though, if he'd want. like myrddin wouldn't let him stay around for a while or help find a safe place to settle.

Myrddin retracts his wing slightly, hearing it. "I didn't mean to upset you," he says, worried the contact had bothered the warlock. Perhaps it'd been a push too hard? Too much intimacy, from someone he barely knew?

He swallows, working through his thoughts, as loud and chaotic as always, a cacophony of noise that can so easily consume him. After a second, he begins, "Ah, well. It's difficult to say." He curls his tail around his feet. "I'm...it has been a very long time since I've cared about something that isn't a new curiosity or interesting tidbit. I have always felt somewhat removed from anything else."

He looks at Quinn, at the expression on the tundra's face, softer than the hard mask he'd worn when they first met. "I think I...was lost. Inside my own head. And somehow you've shown me a way out."
Ugh I'm in love with like all of their kids

The tundra sighed softly, giving a gentle smile. "No no, the-" He paused, looking a bit nervous. Admitting his fear of silence was always met with stigma, something seen as stupid. "The silence after I spoke, the pause it.. It frightened me a bit. Your touch did not make me wither, it soothed my restless mind." Sighing tucked his head into the balled up form, afraid of the ridicule that was sure to follow.

As more silence follows he keeps himself as calm as he possibly could, which resulted in a few flashbacks to his time with the engineer and more recently, the time he had spent with Myrddin. Whenever the other speaks he pulls his head out, looking at the other. Even without eyes he seemed to pretend he had them, facing others whenever they spoke. The warlock enjoyed respecting others.

"Ah." Is his only response to the first thing that was stated. Quinn understood the feeling, has lived that way for decades. Perhaps not as withdrawn as the other, he could still have been coaxed out as the engineer had done.

Ears tinted once more at the statement, heart pounding hard against his rib cage. Those words stirred such strong feelings inside of him, made Quinn feel even more alive. The warlock opened his mouth to speak, then went quiet. Searching for the right words was a laborious task, but finally their smile grew. "It pleases me greatly to know I was able to help you escape your mind as you have done with me. I was hoping your visit also helped you in some way, a burden has been lifted by your kind words. Thank you again Myrddin."
Ugh I'm in love with like all of their kids

The tundra sighed softly, giving a gentle smile. "No no, the-" He paused, looking a bit nervous. Admitting his fear of silence was always met with stigma, something seen as stupid. "The silence after I spoke, the pause it.. It frightened me a bit. Your touch did not make me wither, it soothed my restless mind." Sighing tucked his head into the balled up form, afraid of the ridicule that was sure to follow.

As more silence follows he keeps himself as calm as he possibly could, which resulted in a few flashbacks to his time with the engineer and more recently, the time he had spent with Myrddin. Whenever the other speaks he pulls his head out, looking at the other. Even without eyes he seemed to pretend he had them, facing others whenever they spoke. The warlock enjoyed respecting others.

"Ah." Is his only response to the first thing that was stated. Quinn understood the feeling, has lived that way for decades. Perhaps not as withdrawn as the other, he could still have been coaxed out as the engineer had done.

Ears tinted once more at the statement, heart pounding hard against his rib cage. Those words stirred such strong feelings inside of him, made Quinn feel even more alive. The warlock opened his mouth to speak, then went quiet. Searching for the right words was a laborious task, but finally their smile grew. "It pleases me greatly to know I was able to help you escape your mind as you have done with me. I was hoping your visit also helped you in some way, a burden has been lifted by your kind words. Thank you again Myrddin."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 14