Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Zombie Apocalypse (OPEN RP)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
It was pitch black in the lift, the metal box having slammed into the ground. Ana was scared to move, lest she stepped near or on the dismembered arm lying clammily by the doors. There was no power. The doors weren't likely to open without it. She would have cursed, if the shock wasn't still freezing her up.

She tried to steady her breathing, opening her eyes again to stare at the place the arm had disappeared into the darkness. "Gods... we're trapped. There's no power. The lift doesn't open without power!" She shoved past someone - in the dark, she couldn't tell who - and started to scramble at the metal doors, trying to find any purchase along them, without luck. "Someone help me! We're trapped in here!" She couldn't keep the panic out of her voice.

Her stomach clenched and then turn over as her foot stepped on the cold, squishy arm. She half-screamed, stumbling back and scrambling for the railing again, feeling sick. The robot was still outside the lift-hatch upstairs, perhaps out of power or unplugged from the socket. Either way, the metal box would be a tomb soon enough. "My name? You're asking about my name?? We'll die in here, godsdamn it!"
It was pitch black in the lift, the metal box having slammed into the ground. Ana was scared to move, lest she stepped near or on the dismembered arm lying clammily by the doors. There was no power. The doors weren't likely to open without it. She would have cursed, if the shock wasn't still freezing her up.

She tried to steady her breathing, opening her eyes again to stare at the place the arm had disappeared into the darkness. "Gods... we're trapped. There's no power. The lift doesn't open without power!" She shoved past someone - in the dark, she couldn't tell who - and started to scramble at the metal doors, trying to find any purchase along them, without luck. "Someone help me! We're trapped in here!" She couldn't keep the panic out of her voice.

Her stomach clenched and then turn over as her foot stepped on the cold, squishy arm. She half-screamed, stumbling back and scrambling for the railing again, feeling sick. The robot was still outside the lift-hatch upstairs, perhaps out of power or unplugged from the socket. Either way, the metal box would be a tomb soon enough. "My name? You're asking about my name?? We'll die in here, godsdamn it!"
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
Of course, the question was directed to the woman that had asked about her leg, but Quinn was startled by the other woman’s aggression nonetheless. Though she was never really claustrophobic, the lift felt terrifyingly small. She was suddenly aware of the sensation of everyone’s bodies close together, the suffocating darkness, and the heat inside the unairconditioned box. The smell of flesh and sweat hung thick in the air. She felt like throwing up. Maybe it would’ve been better to be eaten by those creatures, rather than starve to death in this small, cramped space.

The girl tried to remain calm, forcing herself to think objectively. Zoning out again wouldn’t help herself, or anyone in the lift for that matter. She dug through her pockets, pulling out her phone and using its flash to provide some light. She didn’t usually like to take the initiative in stressful situations, but if she didn’t, who else would?

Quinn’s voice shook when she spoke. She hated it. “Does anyone have anything that could get us out of here?” she asked, trying to speak over the screaming woman. She unslung her backpack and rifled through it, trying to ignore her shaking hands, the tingling in her fingertips, and the shallowness of her breaths. Her heart palpitated in her throat, making it uncomfortable to swallow. Out of her bag, she withdrew her Swiss Army Knife and the first aid kit she salvaged earlier.

“T-this is all I-I've got.” Damn it. Quinn only stuttered when she was nervous.
Of course, the question was directed to the woman that had asked about her leg, but Quinn was startled by the other woman’s aggression nonetheless. Though she was never really claustrophobic, the lift felt terrifyingly small. She was suddenly aware of the sensation of everyone’s bodies close together, the suffocating darkness, and the heat inside the unairconditioned box. The smell of flesh and sweat hung thick in the air. She felt like throwing up. Maybe it would’ve been better to be eaten by those creatures, rather than starve to death in this small, cramped space.

The girl tried to remain calm, forcing herself to think objectively. Zoning out again wouldn’t help herself, or anyone in the lift for that matter. She dug through her pockets, pulling out her phone and using its flash to provide some light. She didn’t usually like to take the initiative in stressful situations, but if she didn’t, who else would?

Quinn’s voice shook when she spoke. She hated it. “Does anyone have anything that could get us out of here?” she asked, trying to speak over the screaming woman. She unslung her backpack and rifled through it, trying to ignore her shaking hands, the tingling in her fingertips, and the shallowness of her breaths. Her heart palpitated in her throat, making it uncomfortable to swallow. Out of her bag, she withdrew her Swiss Army Knife and the first aid kit she salvaged earlier.

“T-this is all I-I've got.” Damn it. Quinn only stuttered when she was nervous.
HAdMW59.png vMytXAB.png 5qGWR9z.png
Like my signature? PM me if you want me to make yours
Evelyn opened her mouth as if to say something, but the panic stricken voice of one of the women rose up in the silence. It was mayhem inside of the lift, ever since it came to a halt. She could feel the vibrations of the shuffling feet droning from the metal still pressed to her back.

The same woman let out a scream and Evelyn could feel the urge to wrap her hands around her throat. She lurched forward and pressed her left forearm against the woman's chest, pressing her back all the way to the other side of the lift. With a dull thump, the taller woman's spine hit the cold metal wall.

"Listen." Her voice was stern. She had to get her point across before this one caused trouble for them. The noise would only attract more creatures like the ones she saw before.

" Those ..." Evelyn's voice trailed off. She didn't know what to call them. She didn't know if they could still be called humans. The sound of the army woman's screams played through her mind again and she clenched and loosened her jaw. It reminded her of a cat she once treated that was in a bad car accident. It's entire lower body was crushed by the weight of the vehicle, and it let out the same pained yells - until she put it down. "Those people are after us, and I doubt they have good intentions. Do you wanna end up like them? Do you wanna end up like that?" She pointed in the dimly lit elevator to the severed arm lying on the floor like a piece of useless meat. " Cause if you do, better tell me now, before you get us all killed"

She wasn't sure if it was a threat or not. It was like something wild overcame her. Something instinctual that was not normally present in the normally timid girl. How long had she been off her medication?
Evelyn opened her mouth as if to say something, but the panic stricken voice of one of the women rose up in the silence. It was mayhem inside of the lift, ever since it came to a halt. She could feel the vibrations of the shuffling feet droning from the metal still pressed to her back.

The same woman let out a scream and Evelyn could feel the urge to wrap her hands around her throat. She lurched forward and pressed her left forearm against the woman's chest, pressing her back all the way to the other side of the lift. With a dull thump, the taller woman's spine hit the cold metal wall.

"Listen." Her voice was stern. She had to get her point across before this one caused trouble for them. The noise would only attract more creatures like the ones she saw before.

" Those ..." Evelyn's voice trailed off. She didn't know what to call them. She didn't know if they could still be called humans. The sound of the army woman's screams played through her mind again and she clenched and loosened her jaw. It reminded her of a cat she once treated that was in a bad car accident. It's entire lower body was crushed by the weight of the vehicle, and it let out the same pained yells - until she put it down. "Those people are after us, and I doubt they have good intentions. Do you wanna end up like them? Do you wanna end up like that?" She pointed in the dimly lit elevator to the severed arm lying on the floor like a piece of useless meat. " Cause if you do, better tell me now, before you get us all killed"

She wasn't sure if it was a threat or not. It was like something wild overcame her. Something instinctual that was not normally present in the normally timid girl. How long had she been off her medication?
IUVFB2R.png
Of all the sudden, two more people had joined them inside the lift, dived right into the box before those things could get to them, she was starting to doubt this was merely a game show, but then again trying to wrap her mind around this was just too ridiculous, she has lived this long, there was no way an apocalypse would just decided to start now, and most important question in every apocalypse movies ever, what the hell is the cause? A type of disease? Experiment gone wrong? Her back was pressed against the metal surface behind her, only watch in terror as one of them charging straight to them, it reached its deformed limb out to try to grab at them but the door shut close just in time, as its severed arm fallen limb onto the floor and she could hear mixed agonized screams from the other side.

It slowly occurred to her that she had indirectly killed someone too, no matter how she might appear to be, it was never her intention to try to kill a living being, out of denial, ignorant and petty reasons too. She let out a grunt and lost her balance as she fell on her a** as the lift dropped without warning. One hand still managed to grip the rail as she gritted her teeth, listening to the skittling sound that the old wires made when they hurled down.

When the lift slammed into the ground, she could feel the air in her lungs got knocked out at the forceful impact, it was never a pleasant trip, dropped all the way down on the 40th floor of the building, she was surprised that none of their brain has been splattered out of their skull just yet. Slumped against the metal wall, she let out a painful groan, from the assault of the robot and now this, everything was happening at the speed of light and she didn’t even get a chance to comprehend it yet. Scarlet could hear the people around her having some sort of conversation and someone was probably freaking out a bit but she couldn’t bring herself to respond to any of it.

When it quiet down a bit, or so as she thought, she finally got a chance to open her eyes again, only to find herself looking at a pitch black box and there were shadows shuffling all around her “F*ck me.” She hissed through her teeth. It took her a moment to realize that they were stuck in here, someone said something about an Swiss knife before but she couldn’t figure out who, her vision was still trying to adapt to the dark after being assaulted by the robot’s blaring light. Slightly alarm by the loud thump, seems like they were getting a bit physical in here. Scarlet shakily pushed herself up on her feet again “For the love of god, whatever you’re doing, stop.” She warned grumpily, someone was threatening someone perhaps and she was having none of that.

“I don’t know what the f*ck just happened, but this sh*t seems to real that it’s ridiculous. If a zombie apocalypse was to happen, I expected it to be after my funeral. Tch.” She scrunched her nose up humorlessly “Try prying the door open.” She suggested to someone that has the Swiss knife “Otherwise we’ll climb out of this with the exit hatch.” And with that she turned her head upward to look at the ceiling of the lift, it was a bit too dark to see anything but they could figure it out, she was surprised at herself of how calm she was being, in a situation like this, why was she trying to survive now? She could just throw herself to the horde and end this miserable life, but instincts kicked in perhaps.

Speaking of which… Scarlet remembered that she still has people out there, in this godforsaken country “As if this land couldn’t get any worse.” She scolded bitterly, and it made her wonder about one thing “Does anybody know what the hell and how the hell this sh*t went down the drain? How far does it spread?”
Of all the sudden, two more people had joined them inside the lift, dived right into the box before those things could get to them, she was starting to doubt this was merely a game show, but then again trying to wrap her mind around this was just too ridiculous, she has lived this long, there was no way an apocalypse would just decided to start now, and most important question in every apocalypse movies ever, what the hell is the cause? A type of disease? Experiment gone wrong? Her back was pressed against the metal surface behind her, only watch in terror as one of them charging straight to them, it reached its deformed limb out to try to grab at them but the door shut close just in time, as its severed arm fallen limb onto the floor and she could hear mixed agonized screams from the other side.

It slowly occurred to her that she had indirectly killed someone too, no matter how she might appear to be, it was never her intention to try to kill a living being, out of denial, ignorant and petty reasons too. She let out a grunt and lost her balance as she fell on her a** as the lift dropped without warning. One hand still managed to grip the rail as she gritted her teeth, listening to the skittling sound that the old wires made when they hurled down.

When the lift slammed into the ground, she could feel the air in her lungs got knocked out at the forceful impact, it was never a pleasant trip, dropped all the way down on the 40th floor of the building, she was surprised that none of their brain has been splattered out of their skull just yet. Slumped against the metal wall, she let out a painful groan, from the assault of the robot and now this, everything was happening at the speed of light and she didn’t even get a chance to comprehend it yet. Scarlet could hear the people around her having some sort of conversation and someone was probably freaking out a bit but she couldn’t bring herself to respond to any of it.

When it quiet down a bit, or so as she thought, she finally got a chance to open her eyes again, only to find herself looking at a pitch black box and there were shadows shuffling all around her “F*ck me.” She hissed through her teeth. It took her a moment to realize that they were stuck in here, someone said something about an Swiss knife before but she couldn’t figure out who, her vision was still trying to adapt to the dark after being assaulted by the robot’s blaring light. Slightly alarm by the loud thump, seems like they were getting a bit physical in here. Scarlet shakily pushed herself up on her feet again “For the love of god, whatever you’re doing, stop.” She warned grumpily, someone was threatening someone perhaps and she was having none of that.

“I don’t know what the f*ck just happened, but this sh*t seems to real that it’s ridiculous. If a zombie apocalypse was to happen, I expected it to be after my funeral. Tch.” She scrunched her nose up humorlessly “Try prying the door open.” She suggested to someone that has the Swiss knife “Otherwise we’ll climb out of this with the exit hatch.” And with that she turned her head upward to look at the ceiling of the lift, it was a bit too dark to see anything but they could figure it out, she was surprised at herself of how calm she was being, in a situation like this, why was she trying to survive now? She could just throw herself to the horde and end this miserable life, but instincts kicked in perhaps.

Speaking of which… Scarlet remembered that she still has people out there, in this godforsaken country “As if this land couldn’t get any worse.” She scolded bitterly, and it made her wonder about one thing “Does anybody know what the hell and how the hell this sh*t went down the drain? How far does it spread?”
There was only so much Ana could handle.

She had had the diagnosis as a kid, to find out the reasons why she had thrown tantrums to try and get her point across and had been unable to touch velvet or sponge without wanting to break all her own fingers. She had been in a sheltered environment, where people knew not to touch her. Now here, in this trapped lift, it was too much.

She responded on automatic, her fist coming up to connect with the other woman's face.

"Don't touch me."

Her eyes connected to the place the arm should be, pitch blackness obscuring most everything in the box. "If you even-" her voice had turned to a soft hiss, her eyes narrowed. "Oh, yeah, I bet you're all so tough. I bet you think you're tough sh* for not feeling sick at a severed arm in the lift with us. You step on it, if you're so brave." She slammed her fist against the metal to try and get it out of her system, the anger bubbling up to screaming level after someone touching her at a time like this.

She turned away, trying to breathe, feeling the world sway around her, putting her hands over her ears for a moment as she tried to calm down. "Exit hatch...?" She registered vaguely, feeling a bit stupid, but taking a moment to come back to herself. "I'm sorry." She apologised to the woman she'd thrown a punch at. "Please don't touch me. It doesn't get a point across." She tried to steady her voice again.

"I don't know what happened. The bombs started falling at New Year, then they stopped. I remember the start of the evacuation, nothing else..." She paused. "There's an exit hatch?" She almost slammed her hand against her own head. "Of course there is... damn it..."
There was only so much Ana could handle.

She had had the diagnosis as a kid, to find out the reasons why she had thrown tantrums to try and get her point across and had been unable to touch velvet or sponge without wanting to break all her own fingers. She had been in a sheltered environment, where people knew not to touch her. Now here, in this trapped lift, it was too much.

She responded on automatic, her fist coming up to connect with the other woman's face.

"Don't touch me."

Her eyes connected to the place the arm should be, pitch blackness obscuring most everything in the box. "If you even-" her voice had turned to a soft hiss, her eyes narrowed. "Oh, yeah, I bet you're all so tough. I bet you think you're tough sh* for not feeling sick at a severed arm in the lift with us. You step on it, if you're so brave." She slammed her fist against the metal to try and get it out of her system, the anger bubbling up to screaming level after someone touching her at a time like this.

She turned away, trying to breathe, feeling the world sway around her, putting her hands over her ears for a moment as she tried to calm down. "Exit hatch...?" She registered vaguely, feeling a bit stupid, but taking a moment to come back to herself. "I'm sorry." She apologised to the woman she'd thrown a punch at. "Please don't touch me. It doesn't get a point across." She tried to steady her voice again.

"I don't know what happened. The bombs started falling at New Year, then they stopped. I remember the start of the evacuation, nothing else..." She paused. "There's an exit hatch?" She almost slammed her hand against her own head. "Of course there is... damn it..."
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
Evelyn felt the fist connect with the flesh on her cheek, and it caused her to stumble back a few inches before tripping over the arm on the floor. For a moment her head spinned and she felt like she was seeing stars. The light of the phone doubled and doubled once more until there were four dim lights swimming before her eyes.

She shook her head in disbelief, and raised her injured hand up to her face, Blood was rushing beneath the surface, already swelling underneath her skin. She felt her pulse beating hard against her fingertips. Her eyes stayed down, desperately searching for her words or thoughts. "Don't touch me.", the stranger hissed. Evelyn should have known better than to approach a wild animal without gloves or proper protection.

Her eyes caught view of the farm on the floor. Its silhouette was cast by the phone of the younger girl. The owner of the fist spoke up again, complaining like a child over the state of things. The blood and or violence must have upset her. "What part of medical practitioner did you not understand" she muttered under her breath - more to herself. She doubted anyone was listening to her. Her head lolled to the side as she tried to recollect things.

The threat were the creatures. The ones who will grab you and tear you apart. She couldn't see how this limb could do any of them any harm.

At least the woman had stopped screaming. Her intruding into her personal space and getting hit was worth the sacrifice. She nodded slightly at her apology, pushing herself up with her right arm and steadying against the rail. Her gaze followed upwards and connected with a small square lid settled over the opening in the roof.

She bent down and retrieved her handbag which was thrown off during the land. "I don't have anything that would serve as a crane to open this door. Up it is". She looked over at the two tall figures in front of her and the small one closer to the floor, setting inventory. "I've got a firstaid I got from the room, some medical supplies of my own, my cellphone and wallet" she said, as she took out her cellular device, flicking on the backlight.

"Still no reception"
Evelyn felt the fist connect with the flesh on her cheek, and it caused her to stumble back a few inches before tripping over the arm on the floor. For a moment her head spinned and she felt like she was seeing stars. The light of the phone doubled and doubled once more until there were four dim lights swimming before her eyes.

She shook her head in disbelief, and raised her injured hand up to her face, Blood was rushing beneath the surface, already swelling underneath her skin. She felt her pulse beating hard against her fingertips. Her eyes stayed down, desperately searching for her words or thoughts. "Don't touch me.", the stranger hissed. Evelyn should have known better than to approach a wild animal without gloves or proper protection.

Her eyes caught view of the farm on the floor. Its silhouette was cast by the phone of the younger girl. The owner of the fist spoke up again, complaining like a child over the state of things. The blood and or violence must have upset her. "What part of medical practitioner did you not understand" she muttered under her breath - more to herself. She doubted anyone was listening to her. Her head lolled to the side as she tried to recollect things.

The threat were the creatures. The ones who will grab you and tear you apart. She couldn't see how this limb could do any of them any harm.

At least the woman had stopped screaming. Her intruding into her personal space and getting hit was worth the sacrifice. She nodded slightly at her apology, pushing herself up with her right arm and steadying against the rail. Her gaze followed upwards and connected with a small square lid settled over the opening in the roof.

She bent down and retrieved her handbag which was thrown off during the land. "I don't have anything that would serve as a crane to open this door. Up it is". She looked over at the two tall figures in front of her and the small one closer to the floor, setting inventory. "I've got a firstaid I got from the room, some medical supplies of my own, my cellphone and wallet" she said, as she took out her cellular device, flicking on the backlight.

"Still no reception"
IUVFB2R.png
“Well...yeah,” Quinn said, watching her tone and picking her words carefully, in case the woman snapped again. She gestured to a hatch on the ceiling with her tool. The thought of scaling a ladder high up in an elevator shaft made her stomach twist.

“The fact that there’s an exit hatch at all was unlikely. Many modern elevators aren’t even fitted with them. The odds of it being locked from the inside is even less likely,” the girl said even though it seemed to shatter what little hope the group had. Her mind continued to run with all the other things that could go wrong. “Assuming one of you happens to be able to pick a lock, and we’re able to get everyone onto the roof, how do you expect to open the metals doors leading to other rooms?” She shrugged, before continuing. “We can’t even open these doors, and we’re standing on steady grounds. Do you really think our odds are better if we’re opening metals doors 15 metres from the ground?”

“Our best hope right now is that that f*cking robot turns back on. For now, we can try to open this door. If you have any other ideas, then by all means, enlighten me,” Quinn finished, only realising now that a swear had slipped from her tongue. Adults always seemed so shaken by a swearing child.

Without waiting for a response, she stepped over to the doors, scanning for any possible points of weakness.
“Well...yeah,” Quinn said, watching her tone and picking her words carefully, in case the woman snapped again. She gestured to a hatch on the ceiling with her tool. The thought of scaling a ladder high up in an elevator shaft made her stomach twist.

“The fact that there’s an exit hatch at all was unlikely. Many modern elevators aren’t even fitted with them. The odds of it being locked from the inside is even less likely,” the girl said even though it seemed to shatter what little hope the group had. Her mind continued to run with all the other things that could go wrong. “Assuming one of you happens to be able to pick a lock, and we’re able to get everyone onto the roof, how do you expect to open the metals doors leading to other rooms?” She shrugged, before continuing. “We can’t even open these doors, and we’re standing on steady grounds. Do you really think our odds are better if we’re opening metals doors 15 metres from the ground?”

“Our best hope right now is that that f*cking robot turns back on. For now, we can try to open this door. If you have any other ideas, then by all means, enlighten me,” Quinn finished, only realising now that a swear had slipped from her tongue. Adults always seemed so shaken by a swearing child.

Without waiting for a response, she stepped over to the doors, scanning for any possible points of weakness.
Scarlet sworn she could hear someone’s bone being cracked, or at least the movements going on from inside the lift indicating that someone definitely swung a punch “Jesus Christ.” She cursed under her breath at the woman’s outburst at another, and then was the sound of someone tripped over and landed on something with a very wet squishy noise that made her cringe, looks like someone lost their sh*t and then the sound of the metal being slammed on could only be someone punching it. She was about to open her mouth to probably throw another insult at someone but then the woman apologized, made the words died on the tip of her tongue. Begrudgingly turned away, she didn’t know what the hell that was but she was definitely not going to be touching anyone in here, in all honesty Scarlet could be more sane around zombies than these people.

Listening to the others talking, Scarlet couldn’t help but to widened her eyes “New Year? What the actually f*ck I didn’t hear anything.” She growled, was starting to feel like she was being tricked, or was it that she had been drunk out of her mind to actually remember anything? She was about to say something until another voice, a new one to her spoken up, from what she could pick up, it was probably a young girl or a high pitched voice woman, she squinted her eyes to try to make out the figure, and she was met with something blurry but definitely a lot shorter than she was, she could only assumed but she didn’t like the attitude.

Scarlet rolled her eyes and wait for the girl to finish before she hissed “Yeah well, we don’t know until we try kid, standing around and talking isn’t going to magically make the doors open. This robot is totally f*cked and I don’t trust it.” She huffed “Let me enlighten you, try prying the crack hole on the door like the crack between your a**.” She tsked, especially annoyed by swearing children, specifically the ones that didn’t even hit puberty yet and their voice was annoyingly high pitched, like listening to an 8 years old swearing or those f*cking chipmunks.

“Also smash the door close button, it might have been stuck after you mashed it harder than your mother after some tequila, wiggle that button, see if it’s stuck then try the door open button.” She had her hands on her hips, scanning around in darkness “If all things fail, give me a hand and let’s find this hatch.”
Scarlet sworn she could hear someone’s bone being cracked, or at least the movements going on from inside the lift indicating that someone definitely swung a punch “Jesus Christ.” She cursed under her breath at the woman’s outburst at another, and then was the sound of someone tripped over and landed on something with a very wet squishy noise that made her cringe, looks like someone lost their sh*t and then the sound of the metal being slammed on could only be someone punching it. She was about to open her mouth to probably throw another insult at someone but then the woman apologized, made the words died on the tip of her tongue. Begrudgingly turned away, she didn’t know what the hell that was but she was definitely not going to be touching anyone in here, in all honesty Scarlet could be more sane around zombies than these people.

Listening to the others talking, Scarlet couldn’t help but to widened her eyes “New Year? What the actually f*ck I didn’t hear anything.” She growled, was starting to feel like she was being tricked, or was it that she had been drunk out of her mind to actually remember anything? She was about to say something until another voice, a new one to her spoken up, from what she could pick up, it was probably a young girl or a high pitched voice woman, she squinted her eyes to try to make out the figure, and she was met with something blurry but definitely a lot shorter than she was, she could only assumed but she didn’t like the attitude.

Scarlet rolled her eyes and wait for the girl to finish before she hissed “Yeah well, we don’t know until we try kid, standing around and talking isn’t going to magically make the doors open. This robot is totally f*cked and I don’t trust it.” She huffed “Let me enlighten you, try prying the crack hole on the door like the crack between your a**.” She tsked, especially annoyed by swearing children, specifically the ones that didn’t even hit puberty yet and their voice was annoyingly high pitched, like listening to an 8 years old swearing or those f*cking chipmunks.

“Also smash the door close button, it might have been stuck after you mashed it harder than your mother after some tequila, wiggle that button, see if it’s stuck then try the door open button.” She had her hands on her hips, scanning around in darkness “If all things fail, give me a hand and let’s find this hatch.”
"Someone bit into a sour lemon" she breathed, unable to help the smile spreading across her face. She was thankful no one being able to see her appreciation at the childlike humor. Her cheek still stung, which made the smile quickly disappear.

"Use this", she quickly said, handing the tall woman her cellphone with its build in flashlight. Evelyn's short build would not be able to shine the light close enough. "If it has screws, we could try using my scalpels or the knife down there to loosen them?"

She wanted to get out of this predicament. She needed to. She didn't want to be stuck in a enclosed space with strangers for any longer than she had to. She had to get outside and see if it resembled this hospital. If there were any affected out there as well. God she hoped not. She hoped that things were still normal out there, though she doubted it very much.

She thought back to both her parents and wondered if they'd also made it out of this mess. Wondered if they were safe. Certainly if her mother heard of the emergency spreading, she could bunker down in their family farm. Back in America. Her thoughts trailed off to what now seemed like too distant memories of the Holly growing outside her window, the bramble bushes leading down the dirt road and the way the sunlight reflected off of her window at night just before it went down.

And if she couldn't, she'd at least be someone they could be proud of. Not someone who just stormed other people and forced themselves upon them, no matter the inconvenience they put them in.

Mid thought, she stopped. "Did you know bone is one of the hardest materials? She knelt down onto the floor., close to where the child was. If the tall one couldn't find a way up, she'd find a way through these doors. "Kid, give me a light. Where's that knife of yours?"

Evelyn fumbled blindly through her bag as she spoke. Her injured hand complained sharply and more blood trickled out. Finally, she found the metallic container of first aid and briskly pulled the rubber gloves over her hands. She'd rather deal with the pain her left hand was dealing than getting whatever was inside of that creature inside of her. By now her hands were trembling, but it didn't matter. The shock coming from the wound didn't matter. She wouldn't need steady surgical hands for what she was about to do.
"Someone bit into a sour lemon" she breathed, unable to help the smile spreading across her face. She was thankful no one being able to see her appreciation at the childlike humor. Her cheek still stung, which made the smile quickly disappear.

"Use this", she quickly said, handing the tall woman her cellphone with its build in flashlight. Evelyn's short build would not be able to shine the light close enough. "If it has screws, we could try using my scalpels or the knife down there to loosen them?"

She wanted to get out of this predicament. She needed to. She didn't want to be stuck in a enclosed space with strangers for any longer than she had to. She had to get outside and see if it resembled this hospital. If there were any affected out there as well. God she hoped not. She hoped that things were still normal out there, though she doubted it very much.

She thought back to both her parents and wondered if they'd also made it out of this mess. Wondered if they were safe. Certainly if her mother heard of the emergency spreading, she could bunker down in their family farm. Back in America. Her thoughts trailed off to what now seemed like too distant memories of the Holly growing outside her window, the bramble bushes leading down the dirt road and the way the sunlight reflected off of her window at night just before it went down.

And if she couldn't, she'd at least be someone they could be proud of. Not someone who just stormed other people and forced themselves upon them, no matter the inconvenience they put them in.

Mid thought, she stopped. "Did you know bone is one of the hardest materials? She knelt down onto the floor., close to where the child was. If the tall one couldn't find a way up, she'd find a way through these doors. "Kid, give me a light. Where's that knife of yours?"

Evelyn fumbled blindly through her bag as she spoke. Her injured hand complained sharply and more blood trickled out. Finally, she found the metallic container of first aid and briskly pulled the rubber gloves over her hands. She'd rather deal with the pain her left hand was dealing than getting whatever was inside of that creature inside of her. By now her hands were trembling, but it didn't matter. The shock coming from the wound didn't matter. She wouldn't need steady surgical hands for what she was about to do.
IUVFB2R.png
"Miss, with all due respect, I wouldn't be able to smash my mum. The ashes would go everywhere," Quinn replied in mock respect, with a snide smirk. Though she said it smoothly, it was true - her mother was dead. However, she'd only been six at the time, and she didn't have too many memories of her mother. Combined with her dark sense of humour, making jokes about her death wasn't difficult. It helped her get over the pain that went along with it. Additionally, she was very well used to curses and swears directed at her, and only rolled her eyes at the tall woman’s retorts.

"Go ahead and open that hatch, ma'am. Of course, I'm sure you'll be able to open the other metal doors further up the shaft," Quinn said, removing a bobby pin from her hair and tossing it her way. If she was going to try to try to pick a lock, might as well watch her. She even shone a light in the direction of the hatch, saying, "the freaking hatch is over there." She censored the swear for good measure, as the snarling woman seemed to dislike swearing children. Kind of hypocritical, since she seemed to use the word ‘f*ck’ as a replacement for commas. The girl enjoyed this banter, it made her feel more like herself. A shaking, nervous wreck? That would never do.

The woman she’d met earlier (whose name she still didn’t know), knelt down to her level. Quinn shifted her light and handed her the knife, as per request. She didn’t really want to think about what the white-coated woman would do with the knife, but she very much doubted she’d harm her. The woman seemed to be familiar with the first-aid kit, effortlessly sliding gloves on, and holding the knife with a sort of confidence. It was likely she had a medical background.
"Miss, with all due respect, I wouldn't be able to smash my mum. The ashes would go everywhere," Quinn replied in mock respect, with a snide smirk. Though she said it smoothly, it was true - her mother was dead. However, she'd only been six at the time, and she didn't have too many memories of her mother. Combined with her dark sense of humour, making jokes about her death wasn't difficult. It helped her get over the pain that went along with it. Additionally, she was very well used to curses and swears directed at her, and only rolled her eyes at the tall woman’s retorts.

"Go ahead and open that hatch, ma'am. Of course, I'm sure you'll be able to open the other metal doors further up the shaft," Quinn said, removing a bobby pin from her hair and tossing it her way. If she was going to try to try to pick a lock, might as well watch her. She even shone a light in the direction of the hatch, saying, "the freaking hatch is over there." She censored the swear for good measure, as the snarling woman seemed to dislike swearing children. Kind of hypocritical, since she seemed to use the word ‘f*ck’ as a replacement for commas. The girl enjoyed this banter, it made her feel more like herself. A shaking, nervous wreck? That would never do.

The woman she’d met earlier (whose name she still didn’t know), knelt down to her level. Quinn shifted her light and handed her the knife, as per request. She didn’t really want to think about what the white-coated woman would do with the knife, but she very much doubted she’d harm her. The woman seemed to be familiar with the first-aid kit, effortlessly sliding gloves on, and holding the knife with a sort of confidence. It was likely she had a medical background.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12