Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Living World (THE FINAL CHAPTER)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 103
June had look a bit wistful as the Whisper told her that Tem was worried, she could feel her now that she focused on it, pushing a small assurance respond to Tem to let her know that June wasn't a completely goner. She couldn't help but to raised an eyebrow as the creature said that it had offered to help looking for her Why? June couldn't quite put a finger on its intentions, obviously something like the Whisper shouldn't be caring enough for other's affairs, the Exorcist didn't.

Everything has been a bit too much for her to handle, she didn't expect to have her memories while she was still in a mortal shell like this, she looked down at her hands a bit solemnly, the hands that either created manual living beings, or to simply destroy everything they touched. June fell silent, listening to the Whisper's explanation on itself, intriguing really "A curse?" She murmured, more to herself than to the Whisper.

She would never thought that one day she'd see a curse have a mind of its own, how does that work really? "Yes, pretty cool." She remarked on its words, given an amused grin of herself, looking like a smug lynx that she was. There was something about the Whisper that reminded her of Numair, save for the fedora, the guy wore a top hat which was even more unsettling, but she was glad that the Whisper was more straightforward than Numair ever was, and more sane. Numair did curse his own son to turn into a dog out of pure amusement and 'to help him to with his rude behavior' he even tricked Niles into thinking that he could break the curse by playing nice, but failed miserably as Numair was always one step ahead of his son, June grimaced at the thought, best parent award of the year goes to... anyone but Numair.

June only nodded when the Whisper confirmed that the party was inside Colsar, she didn't react as the Enigma called for the creature flying above them to come inside for safety, she decided that this creature was ten times nicer and tolerable than Numair ever was, whether if it cared or just putting on a show, the Ancient of Time was a tricky person to even being around with "Mhmm.." She hummed in acknowledge to the Whisper saying that they might need an extra hand, in all honesty, it was right but June was a bit too prideful to outright agreed to it.

She gave it a somewhat grateful look as it assured her that they would find the group, she wasn't too worried, they were in the city, and they can handle themselves pretty well, she knew that Tem would, just the thought of her bond sent chill down her spines, the good ones of course "Callum?" She turned her head to look at the Whisper floating beside her, cocked an eyebrow in curiosity "Follow his aura? Do you and the boy have some sort of connection?" June couldn't help but to ask, since the Whisper was very specific about Callum.

"A tavern of course.." June gave a menacing grin, such a cliche scenario, everything must start with taverns, she couldn't help but to chuckled quietly in amusement to it "You don't have to worry too much, I can feel my bond, our souls were connected to each other." She explained "So there will always be a line of string that will pull me to her whenever I stray too far away.." Then she noticed something, a guardhouse? June couldn't help but to have that nostalgia look to her, looks like it was the Port town all over again, here she was, going to see the infamous Tem that one of the guards had introduced her to.

"Also, the dwarves.. they're inside right? They're still alive?"
June had look a bit wistful as the Whisper told her that Tem was worried, she could feel her now that she focused on it, pushing a small assurance respond to Tem to let her know that June wasn't a completely goner. She couldn't help but to raised an eyebrow as the creature said that it had offered to help looking for her Why? June couldn't quite put a finger on its intentions, obviously something like the Whisper shouldn't be caring enough for other's affairs, the Exorcist didn't.

Everything has been a bit too much for her to handle, she didn't expect to have her memories while she was still in a mortal shell like this, she looked down at her hands a bit solemnly, the hands that either created manual living beings, or to simply destroy everything they touched. June fell silent, listening to the Whisper's explanation on itself, intriguing really "A curse?" She murmured, more to herself than to the Whisper.

She would never thought that one day she'd see a curse have a mind of its own, how does that work really? "Yes, pretty cool." She remarked on its words, given an amused grin of herself, looking like a smug lynx that she was. There was something about the Whisper that reminded her of Numair, save for the fedora, the guy wore a top hat which was even more unsettling, but she was glad that the Whisper was more straightforward than Numair ever was, and more sane. Numair did curse his own son to turn into a dog out of pure amusement and 'to help him to with his rude behavior' he even tricked Niles into thinking that he could break the curse by playing nice, but failed miserably as Numair was always one step ahead of his son, June grimaced at the thought, best parent award of the year goes to... anyone but Numair.

June only nodded when the Whisper confirmed that the party was inside Colsar, she didn't react as the Enigma called for the creature flying above them to come inside for safety, she decided that this creature was ten times nicer and tolerable than Numair ever was, whether if it cared or just putting on a show, the Ancient of Time was a tricky person to even being around with "Mhmm.." She hummed in acknowledge to the Whisper saying that they might need an extra hand, in all honesty, it was right but June was a bit too prideful to outright agreed to it.

She gave it a somewhat grateful look as it assured her that they would find the group, she wasn't too worried, they were in the city, and they can handle themselves pretty well, she knew that Tem would, just the thought of her bond sent chill down her spines, the good ones of course "Callum?" She turned her head to look at the Whisper floating beside her, cocked an eyebrow in curiosity "Follow his aura? Do you and the boy have some sort of connection?" June couldn't help but to ask, since the Whisper was very specific about Callum.

"A tavern of course.." June gave a menacing grin, such a cliche scenario, everything must start with taverns, she couldn't help but to chuckled quietly in amusement to it "You don't have to worry too much, I can feel my bond, our souls were connected to each other." She explained "So there will always be a line of string that will pull me to her whenever I stray too far away.." Then she noticed something, a guardhouse? June couldn't help but to have that nostalgia look to her, looks like it was the Port town all over again, here she was, going to see the infamous Tem that one of the guards had introduced her to.

"Also, the dwarves.. they're inside right? They're still alive?"
Sam was thinking about how to get the other time-travelers to take notice of them, like this stranger had, when they realized, they didn't know her name, nor she theirs. They quickly introduced themself with a slight bow of respect, and asked her name. Their attention was then briefly caught by an argument between the werewolf they'd seen outside the Faction base before the world ended, and a vampire, but this one wasn't the same as the one with the werewolf before. It seemed this one had killed the other, at least from what they could gather. They wanted to intervene, if these two were other time-travelers, then it would be best for them all to work together, at least until they stopped the world's end in 15 years.
Sam was thinking about how to get the other time-travelers to take notice of them, like this stranger had, when they realized, they didn't know her name, nor she theirs. They quickly introduced themself with a slight bow of respect, and asked her name. Their attention was then briefly caught by an argument between the werewolf they'd seen outside the Faction base before the world ended, and a vampire, but this one wasn't the same as the one with the werewolf before. It seemed this one had killed the other, at least from what they could gather. They wanted to intervene, if these two were other time-travelers, then it would be best for them all to work together, at least until they stopped the world's end in 15 years.
As the werewolf got up. He felt more sober now, after letting things loose. How stupid is he? Probably shouldn't get drunk again. Yet he made a promise, and he's going to keep it. The eye narrowed, and walked back into the tavern. This time he didn't grab another glass. Just in case. He just sat there, staring into empty space, ruminating with a depressed look. As they say, High then low. He sighed. Everyone's minding their own business, love, friendship and all that b***s***. Something he can never do, because he's always going to have this wrecked mind no one wants. Oh well. No use sitting here anyways, he got up, and wandered out. Letting whoever interact with him. Whoever wants to do something like that.
As the werewolf got up. He felt more sober now, after letting things loose. How stupid is he? Probably shouldn't get drunk again. Yet he made a promise, and he's going to keep it. The eye narrowed, and walked back into the tavern. This time he didn't grab another glass. Just in case. He just sat there, staring into empty space, ruminating with a depressed look. As they say, High then low. He sighed. Everyone's minding their own business, love, friendship and all that b***s***. Something he can never do, because he's always going to have this wrecked mind no one wants. Oh well. No use sitting here anyways, he got up, and wandered out. Letting whoever interact with him. Whoever wants to do something like that.
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
The girl's eyes brightened a little when the vampire shared her favorite color. "Your favorite color is grey?" she repeated, grinning cheerfully. "You'd love my brother, then. My youngest one. His eyes are grey, but they're the good kind of grey, like a stormy grey!"

Her smile fell a little as the vampire told her of her mother's fate, but the smile was coming back steadily. She couldn't really stay depressed forever, at least, not normally. "That'd be really cool," she mused, swinging her legs back and forth. "I'm sorry about your mum... I like to think about every mum out there sometimes, and I have a feelin' they're lookin' down on us right now, watchin' us grow up. I don't like to think they're gone."

The girl could tell that the vampire was concerned when she mentioned her two brothers being at home with each other. She was worried too, but she didn't want to let it show. She listened as the vampire asked her where her house was. "Well, it isn't exactly my house," she started to explain. "Or ours either. Houses here don't belong to anyone, people just go wherever there's a roof and space. But where I live, there aren't a lot of 'em. I reckon there'll be soon. Lots o' refugees'll start comin' in quickly. The fires spread just as quickly. I wouldn't say they're completely alone, but... nothin' ever ends well when they're left alone with each other..."

She sounded worried, but she quickly hid it with a small grin. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Half-vampire, huh? I haven't heard of many half-breeds before, that's cool! I'd imagine it'd be hard to brush those kind of teeth. No offense, though. Sharp teeth are good for when someone's tryin' to slit your throat." Now, those words shouldn't have come out of a child's mouth, yet, she was in a world in which war-like activity seemed to be common. Anything was possible at this point.

She quickly changed the mood, though. She saw the vampire, Lucine - that name was so pretty! - looking at someone, and followed her gaze. He turned his head around at the exact moment, glancing back at Lucine, surprised to see a child there. He glanced back at the man he was talking to for a moment before turning to face the two, waving at the girl and putting on a smile, while also whispering something to Lucine at the same time. She waved back; she noticed his orange eye, but didn't comment on it. He looked familiar.

"That's a pretty name," she said to Lucine, dipping her head and smiling. She didn't think to ask for the boy's name. She was distracted with Lucine's question.

"My name is Thalia, pleased to meet ya, Lucine!"

When Call turned to glance back at Lucine, just to see how she was doing, he didn't think he'd see a child there. She looked very familiar to him, yet he couldn't place his finger on the reason. Maybe it was the color of her eyes, or the hair, or whatever else, but he felt like he knew her. The girl was adorable, though, he felt terrible that she had to grow up in this world. But was this really better than the world he had to grow up in? One without much wilderness, save for the forest he nearly died in? One where non-humans, his friends, were discriminated against and treated as animals? One that had become so repulsive and meaningless, to the point where it was destroyed in the end?

He snapped himself out of his daze, smiling and waving at the girl, who waved back. He leaned forward to whisper something to Lucine, having heard something about two kids being left at home by themselves. "Do you think we should go watch those kids?" he asked her quietly. He didn't know if leaving the group was such a good idea, but still. Those kids were probably very, very young. He wanted to talk to Athus, but at the same time...

He listened as Lucine introduced herself, smiling to himself when the girl commented on how pretty her name was. He agreed. Lucine was a very pretty name. It was like every time he said it, he gained more strength. He mentally laughed at his cheesiness, but it wasn't embarrassing, because it was true. He listened further, nearly freezing when he heard the girl speak her name. That was why she seemed so familiar. Was this... could it be...?

The Whisper turned its head to look at June, returning her smug grin with one of its own after she remarked on its whole "cool" statement earlier. It didn't know why, but the part of it that was beginning to care was starting to like this Sunvaar. Again, it wasn't sure as to the reason, but there was no time to dwell on that. It was done asking itself why it cared. Nothing had meaning, and if they did, it was minute. Call probably had more meaning to it than anyone else, but it refused to admit it. He was linked to it, that was the only reason, surely. It had to protect him, because if he died, so would it, and if he got hurt, it would feel the pain.

It noticed that June didn't outright agree when it mentioned never knowing when an extra hand would be needed, grinning. Too prideful, it assumed. Did it ever feel prideful about anything? Well, maybe once. It couldn't remember. When June mentioned Callum, asking for it to elaborate on their relationship, it fought the urge to frown. Would it have to tell the whole truth about what it did to him? Would it have to tell her that it was the one who made his hand twitch crazily back in her cell?

Why had it done that, again?

"Yeah," it began to answer as they walked along, looking forward the entire time. "I was put in the kid's mind when he was sixteen. I became the only voice in his head after..." It paused, almost stopping, but it kept walking. "...After that Athus guy had Lucine tortured in front of him. That was enough to kill every voice except for me. It was... it was traumatizing for him."

It paused again, trying to find more words to say. It decided to skip everything that had happened in between that and being freed from his mind... except for a few things. "There was a roar that tore through the land," it began again, not knowing that it was June who had let out that very same roar. "It was a roar of despair, as if someone close to the one who let it out died." Another pause. "It affected me, made me insane. I wanted the humans dead. I wanted them to burn. And I could tell, at the time, Callum was scared of the Faction. He was afraid they were going to kill him because of their anger towards the law that stripped non-humans of their rights."

Yet another pause. "My outburst put him to sleep, for a while at that. I told him about you being the Exorcist..." It looked up at the sky, feeling amused. "He was concerned about you when I told him. He wasn't even angry. It was strange, really. I thought he would feel betrayed, but instead, he was worried about you. Completely unlike most other humans. They wouldn't have even blinked an eye... I wouldn't ask how I know about the Exorcist. That roar must've told me. Or maybe I was just 'programmed' with ancient history, I dunno. I was convinced the world was doomed. I guess I felt hopeless at the time. I never really had anything to care about, so why should I care about that filthy future at the time?"

It sighed, knowing it was straying off topic. What it said entailed that it somewhat cared about the future now, now that they had a chance to save it. But at that time, it couldn't give a single f**k. "Anyways... the Curse tried to get in my head, but the strain made me into a physical being." It looked at its hands, flexing its claws before letting its arms rest at its sides again. "But I was still linked to Call. I could still feel him, somewhat. Not that strongly. But he was dying, after Eirach put the boot in him. Literally." Pause. "I took him and Lucine. I allowed them to be together before the world ended. I felt I had to do it. I'm not sure why."

It paused again; it was getting sick of pausing repeatedly. "So, in short, after we were taken here, I realized we were bonded. I mean, not like you and Tem, not like... not in that way. A mutual one. I can contact him, and he can contact me. I can sense his aura, but I'm not sure he'll be able to sense mine. And if he dies, so do I." It didn't mention what would happen if it died instead of him. If it did, it would probably be exterminated in a heartbeat.

Or maybe not.

It was stronger than that.

It couldn't help but chuckle as well, upon hearing June's remark about a tavern. "I know, it is cliche," it commented. It listened to June's explanation. It didn't have a comment to make, so it just decided to answer her next question about the dwarves.

"They're still alive, and kickin' too," the Whisper answered. "I mean, you can hear the mining and the singing. Not really something I know too well... or know at all, for that matter."

It then lowered its voice. "The clans," it whispered, living up to its name. "We should stop them from wiping the dwarves out. I mean, we have to, that's what I mean. If the world gains meaning by us doing so, then it'd be my pleasure to fix it."

But... you don't really think that... do you?

Everything is still hopeless.

What even are you?

Are you a curse, an Enigma, or a sympathetic puppy dog?

Thalia looked at Felicity, unsure of what to say, unsure of who's side she was on, unsure of who to support first. She gave Felicity a comforting smile. "It's okay," she told her, keeping herself rooted to where she was. She didn't want to get too close to her, just in case she snapped, for one reason or another. "I've only ever had a drink once... it took a while to get over it, let's just say that. However, it is your decision. You can stop drinking if you really want to. But I wouldn't say you have to. I don't have control over anyone else's life."

She had no idea what she was even saying, so she shrugged apologetically and turned her attention back to the stranger. They had asked for her name, that much she could tell. She bowed to them, returning the respect. "I'm Thalia," she introduced. She noticed their attention settling on Felicity and the other vampire with her. She didn't know how to intervene. She couldn't just tell them to get over it. That seemed like a spit in the face to her.

Losing someone you love wasn't supposed to be forgotten easily, was it?

She watched as the vampire made his way back into the tavern, then came back out. She felt really bad for him. She wanted to fix this. She wanted to see what was wrong. She gave a nod to the masked stranger. "I'll get the word out to them," she told them quickly before walking up to Felicity. "Hey... I know you might not be in the right mood to do this, but it's important," she began, clearing her throat. "So, our friend over there-" She gestured to the masked stranger, Sam, "-has a plan to save the future. It goes like this; we form a group of humans and non-humans, going around town, helping people however we can, protecting them. Then, the ones who were hurtled back in time would make... moves. I don't know what specific moves, but they're smaller ones that'll contribute to bigger changes. I'm sure they'll tell us more once we're all on board."

"Could you please tell the others this?" she asked Felicity, pleading almost. "You know, the ones who came with us. Just tell the ones you know, or at least, saw, who are with us. Please." She gently set Raven down, the pup hopping onto the ground and turning in a circle, beginning to snap at her tail until she tripped on her own paws and plopped down, yapping with dissatisfaction. Thalia chuckled with amusement and patted Raven on the head before giving Felicity a small grin.

She soon turned and heading in the other vampire's direction, running to catch up with him. "Hey!" she called, stopping once she was next to him. She could run all day, so she wasn't out of breath. "Are you okay?" she asked him, walking along with him. She was concerned, of course she was. She felt bad for him. She wanted to peek inside his mind, see what was going on in there. She didn't know why.

Maybe that was her human side speaking to her.

The part of her that was still alive, even after she died.
The girl's eyes brightened a little when the vampire shared her favorite color. "Your favorite color is grey?" she repeated, grinning cheerfully. "You'd love my brother, then. My youngest one. His eyes are grey, but they're the good kind of grey, like a stormy grey!"

Her smile fell a little as the vampire told her of her mother's fate, but the smile was coming back steadily. She couldn't really stay depressed forever, at least, not normally. "That'd be really cool," she mused, swinging her legs back and forth. "I'm sorry about your mum... I like to think about every mum out there sometimes, and I have a feelin' they're lookin' down on us right now, watchin' us grow up. I don't like to think they're gone."

The girl could tell that the vampire was concerned when she mentioned her two brothers being at home with each other. She was worried too, but she didn't want to let it show. She listened as the vampire asked her where her house was. "Well, it isn't exactly my house," she started to explain. "Or ours either. Houses here don't belong to anyone, people just go wherever there's a roof and space. But where I live, there aren't a lot of 'em. I reckon there'll be soon. Lots o' refugees'll start comin' in quickly. The fires spread just as quickly. I wouldn't say they're completely alone, but... nothin' ever ends well when they're left alone with each other..."

She sounded worried, but she quickly hid it with a small grin. "Oh!" she exclaimed. "Half-vampire, huh? I haven't heard of many half-breeds before, that's cool! I'd imagine it'd be hard to brush those kind of teeth. No offense, though. Sharp teeth are good for when someone's tryin' to slit your throat." Now, those words shouldn't have come out of a child's mouth, yet, she was in a world in which war-like activity seemed to be common. Anything was possible at this point.

She quickly changed the mood, though. She saw the vampire, Lucine - that name was so pretty! - looking at someone, and followed her gaze. He turned his head around at the exact moment, glancing back at Lucine, surprised to see a child there. He glanced back at the man he was talking to for a moment before turning to face the two, waving at the girl and putting on a smile, while also whispering something to Lucine at the same time. She waved back; she noticed his orange eye, but didn't comment on it. He looked familiar.

"That's a pretty name," she said to Lucine, dipping her head and smiling. She didn't think to ask for the boy's name. She was distracted with Lucine's question.

When Call turned to glance back at Lucine, just to see how she was doing, he didn't think he'd see a child there. She looked very familiar to him, yet he couldn't place his finger on the reason. Maybe it was the color of her eyes, or the hair, or whatever else, but he felt like he knew her. The girl was adorable, though, he felt terrible that she had to grow up in this world. But was this really better than the world he had to grow up in? One without much wilderness, save for the forest he nearly died in? One where non-humans, his friends, were discriminated against and treated as animals? One that had become so repulsive and meaningless, to the point where it was destroyed in the end?

He snapped himself out of his daze, smiling and waving at the girl, who waved back. He leaned forward to whisper something to Lucine, having heard something about two kids being left at home by themselves. "Do you think we should go watch those kids?" he asked her quietly. He didn't know if leaving the group was such a good idea, but still. Those kids were probably very, very young. He wanted to talk to Athus, but at the same time...

He listened as Lucine introduced herself, smiling to himself when the girl commented on how pretty her name was. He agreed. Lucine was a very pretty name. It was like every time he said it, he gained more strength. He mentally laughed at his cheesiness, but it wasn't embarrassing, because it was true. He listened further, nearly freezing when he heard the girl speak her name. That was why she seemed so familiar. Was this... could it be...?

The Whisper turned its head to look at June, returning her smug grin with one of its own after she remarked on its whole "cool" statement earlier. It didn't know why, but the part of it that was beginning to care was starting to like this Sunvaar. Again, it wasn't sure as to the reason, but there was no time to dwell on that. It was done asking itself why it cared. Nothing had meaning, and if they did, it was minute. Call probably had more meaning to it than anyone else, but it refused to admit it. He was linked to it, that was the only reason, surely. It had to protect him, because if he died, so would it, and if he got hurt, it would feel the pain.

It noticed that June didn't outright agree when it mentioned never knowing when an extra hand would be needed, grinning. Too prideful, it assumed. Did it ever feel prideful about anything? Well, maybe once. It couldn't remember. When June mentioned Callum, asking for it to elaborate on their relationship, it fought the urge to frown. Would it have to tell the whole truth about what it did to him? Would it have to tell her that it was the one who made his hand twitch crazily back in her cell?

Why had it done that, again?

"Yeah," it began to answer as they walked along, looking forward the entire time. "I was put in the kid's mind when he was sixteen. I became the only voice in his head after..." It paused, almost stopping, but it kept walking. "...After that Athus guy had Lucine tortured in front of him. That was enough to kill every voice except for me. It was... it was traumatizing for him."

It paused again, trying to find more words to say. It decided to skip everything that had happened in between that and being freed from his mind... except for a few things. "There was a roar that tore through the land," it began again, not knowing that it was June who had let out that very same roar. "It was a roar of despair, as if someone close to the one who let it out died." Another pause. "It affected me, made me insane. I wanted the humans dead. I wanted them to burn. And I could tell, at the time, Callum was scared of the Faction. He was afraid they were going to kill him because of their anger towards the law that stripped non-humans of their rights."

Yet another pause. "My outburst put him to sleep, for a while at that. I told him about you being the Exorcist..." It looked up at the sky, feeling amused. "He was concerned about you when I told him. He wasn't even angry. It was strange, really. I thought he would feel betrayed, but instead, he was worried about you. Completely unlike most other humans. They wouldn't have even blinked an eye... I wouldn't ask how I know about the Exorcist. That roar must've told me. Or maybe I was just 'programmed' with ancient history, I dunno. I was convinced the world was doomed. I guess I felt hopeless at the time. I never really had anything to care about, so why should I care about that filthy future at the time?"

It sighed, knowing it was straying off topic. What it said entailed that it somewhat cared about the future now, now that they had a chance to save it. But at that time, it couldn't give a single f**k. "Anyways... the Curse tried to get in my head, but the strain made me into a physical being." It looked at its hands, flexing its claws before letting its arms rest at its sides again. "But I was still linked to Call. I could still feel him, somewhat. Not that strongly. But he was dying, after Eirach put the boot in him. Literally." Pause. "I took him and Lucine. I allowed them to be together before the world ended. I felt I had to do it. I'm not sure why."

It paused again; it was getting sick of pausing repeatedly. "So, in short, after we were taken here, I realized we were bonded. I mean, not like you and Tem, not like... not in that way. A mutual one. I can contact him, and he can contact me. I can sense his aura, but I'm not sure he'll be able to sense mine. And if he dies, so do I." It didn't mention what would happen if it died instead of him. If it did, it would probably be exterminated in a heartbeat.

Or maybe not.

It was stronger than that.

It couldn't help but chuckle as well, upon hearing June's remark about a tavern. "I know, it is cliche," it commented. It listened to June's explanation. It didn't have a comment to make, so it just decided to answer her next question about the dwarves.

"They're still alive, and kickin' too," the Whisper answered. "I mean, you can hear the mining and the singing. Not really something I know too well... or know at all, for that matter."

It then lowered its voice. "The clans," it whispered, living up to its name. "We should stop them from wiping the dwarves out. I mean, we have to, that's what I mean. If the world gains meaning by us doing so, then it'd be my pleasure to fix it."

But... you don't really think that... do you?

Everything is still hopeless.

What even are you?

Are you a curse, an Enigma, or a sympathetic puppy dog?

Thalia looked at Felicity, unsure of what to say, unsure of who's side she was on, unsure of who to support first. She gave Felicity a comforting smile. "It's okay," she told her, keeping herself rooted to where she was. She didn't want to get too close to her, just in case she snapped, for one reason or another. "I've only ever had a drink once... it took a while to get over it, let's just say that. However, it is your decision. You can stop drinking if you really want to. But I wouldn't say you have to. I don't have control over anyone else's life."

She had no idea what she was even saying, so she shrugged apologetically and turned her attention back to the stranger. They had asked for her name, that much she could tell. She bowed to them, returning the respect. "I'm Thalia," she introduced. She noticed their attention settling on Felicity and the other vampire with her. She didn't know how to intervene. She couldn't just tell them to get over it. That seemed like a spit in the face to her.

Losing someone you love wasn't supposed to be forgotten easily, was it?

She watched as the vampire made his way back into the tavern, then came back out. She felt really bad for him. She wanted to fix this. She wanted to see what was wrong. She gave a nod to the masked stranger. "I'll get the word out to them," she told them quickly before walking up to Felicity. "Hey... I know you might not be in the right mood to do this, but it's important," she began, clearing her throat. "So, our friend over there-" She gestured to the masked stranger, Sam, "-has a plan to save the future. It goes like this; we form a group of humans and non-humans, going around town, helping people however we can, protecting them. Then, the ones who were hurtled back in time would make... moves. I don't know what specific moves, but they're smaller ones that'll contribute to bigger changes. I'm sure they'll tell us more once we're all on board."

"Could you please tell the others this?" she asked Felicity, pleading almost. "You know, the ones who came with us. Just tell the ones you know, or at least, saw, who are with us. Please." She gently set Raven down, the pup hopping onto the ground and turning in a circle, beginning to snap at her tail until she tripped on her own paws and plopped down, yapping with dissatisfaction. Thalia chuckled with amusement and patted Raven on the head before giving Felicity a small grin.

She soon turned and heading in the other vampire's direction, running to catch up with him. "Hey!" she called, stopping once she was next to him. She could run all day, so she wasn't out of breath. "Are you okay?" she asked him, walking along with him. She was concerned, of course she was. She felt bad for him. She wanted to peek inside his mind, see what was going on in there. She didn't know why.

Maybe that was her human side speaking to her.

The part of her that was still alive, even after she died.
xk7ymDQ.png
Lucine smiled as the young girl told her about her brother, listening intently. She liked talking to the girl, she made her feel happy. It warmed Lucine to know there were such innocent beings, even if this girl was already plagued by hardships. Lucine had a feeling the girl’s hardships would continue as she grew. She smiled, yet looked at the girl with sadness behind her eyes. She wanted to help in any way she could.

“Stormy gray is the best kind of grey,” Lucine replied with a nod, watching as the young girl swung her feet. It was a reminder of how small the girl was, in a harsh world, a harsh place even, like the tavern. She nodded in agreement with her statement about their mothers not really being gone.

“Yes, I like to think that too..” She said, letting the conversation continue further to the living situation that the girl was in. She was living with refugees, and the fires were bringing more in. Lucine tried not to let herself look all that concerned about the boys, however she was going to ask the girl to lead her to her home so she could keep an eye on them, at least until their father returned. Of course, he would be drunk. Lucine sighed.

She smiled at Callum as he waved to the girl, listening to what he was whispering, nodding in return. She turned to him, about to give her opinion, when she heard the girl introduce herself.

Thalia

Lucine froze for a moment. Was this Callum’s sister? It would all make sense. Still, she knew enough about how time worked to know not to make a deal about this. She looked at Callum as though to tell him to play it off, but doubted he would be able to.

“What a pretty name!” Lucine told the girl, her smile a little weaker than before. She turned back to look at Callum, whispering in his ear.

“I think you should stay here and talk to Athus. I’ll go with Thalia- it’s not safe for her to be in this tavern. Be careful what you say, please, time is really sensitive.” She pecked his cheek and whispered “I love you.” before turning back to Thalia, giving her a grin.

“Can you show me where you live?” She asked the girl, hoping that she would take her. Now that she knew who the brothers were, she really didn’t like the idea of them being without supervision, or that Thalia was in a tavern for that matter. She just hoped Callum’s father wouldn’t kill her. She could probably get away.

Felicity looked up at Thalia, listening to the girl. She nodded and took a deep breath, trying to pull herself together. This was pathetic, she was being pathetic. She nodded and pushed herself up, looking at Raph and then at Thalia, sighing.

“Sorry, love,” She said to Thalia, once again apologizing for her drunkeness. She listened as the girl asked her a favor, nodding along with her. Yea, she could help with that.

“No problemo, sweet pea.” She said, giving Thalia a thumbs up, letting the girl know she was on board. She gave a small drunken wave to Sam, before finding herself distracted by the wolf pup.

She had seen this pup earlier, it was the one that reminded her of Virginia. She chuckled as it played around, crossing her arms over her chest. Plopping down infront of the pup, she waved to it, then laughed at her own stupidity. She needed another drink.

The girl who sat on the street corner had been like a pop of color in an otherwise gray world.

Felicity had become tired of her daily routine, tired of walking back and forth from point A to point B daily, doing chores, so she was excited to see someone new had decided to place themselves on that street corner.

The girl was usually there. She was a vampire, and she was slightly lanky, usually had a knife with her. Felicity found herself quickly becoming intrigued by the girl, who seemed lost, but almost had a air about her like she knew exactly what she was doing.

Felicity remembered the day she worked up the courage to approach the vampire, only to have the girl laugh and spit on her feet. There was something intoxicating about her laugh. Felicity wanted to hear it again and again, she wanted to make the girl laugh.

She started sitting next to her on the street corner, trying to joke with her, until eventually she got her second laugh, and the mystery girl got a name.

Callidora.

“Can I call you Callie instead?”

“Why would you do that?”

“Rolls off the tongue.”

“No, you can’t”

“C’mon Callie.”

“Please-”

“Caaaaallliieee”

The girl had rolled her eyes, but she was also laughing. She was laughing, and she socked Felicity in the arm gently, and they both laughed together. Two dumb kids, in a dumb world, laughing together on a street corner.

Lucine smiled as the young girl told her about her brother, listening intently. She liked talking to the girl, she made her feel happy. It warmed Lucine to know there were such innocent beings, even if this girl was already plagued by hardships. Lucine had a feeling the girl’s hardships would continue as she grew. She smiled, yet looked at the girl with sadness behind her eyes. She wanted to help in any way she could.

“Stormy gray is the best kind of grey,” Lucine replied with a nod, watching as the young girl swung her feet. It was a reminder of how small the girl was, in a harsh world, a harsh place even, like the tavern. She nodded in agreement with her statement about their mothers not really being gone.

“Yes, I like to think that too..” She said, letting the conversation continue further to the living situation that the girl was in. She was living with refugees, and the fires were bringing more in. Lucine tried not to let herself look all that concerned about the boys, however she was going to ask the girl to lead her to her home so she could keep an eye on them, at least until their father returned. Of course, he would be drunk. Lucine sighed.

She smiled at Callum as he waved to the girl, listening to what he was whispering, nodding in return. She turned to him, about to give her opinion, when she heard the girl introduce herself.

Thalia

Lucine froze for a moment. Was this Callum’s sister? It would all make sense. Still, she knew enough about how time worked to know not to make a deal about this. She looked at Callum as though to tell him to play it off, but doubted he would be able to.

“What a pretty name!” Lucine told the girl, her smile a little weaker than before. She turned back to look at Callum, whispering in his ear.

“I think you should stay here and talk to Athus. I’ll go with Thalia- it’s not safe for her to be in this tavern. Be careful what you say, please, time is really sensitive.” She pecked his cheek and whispered “I love you.” before turning back to Thalia, giving her a grin.

“Can you show me where you live?” She asked the girl, hoping that she would take her. Now that she knew who the brothers were, she really didn’t like the idea of them being without supervision, or that Thalia was in a tavern for that matter. She just hoped Callum’s father wouldn’t kill her. She could probably get away.

Felicity looked up at Thalia, listening to the girl. She nodded and took a deep breath, trying to pull herself together. This was pathetic, she was being pathetic. She nodded and pushed herself up, looking at Raph and then at Thalia, sighing.

“Sorry, love,” She said to Thalia, once again apologizing for her drunkeness. She listened as the girl asked her a favor, nodding along with her. Yea, she could help with that.

“No problemo, sweet pea.” She said, giving Thalia a thumbs up, letting the girl know she was on board. She gave a small drunken wave to Sam, before finding herself distracted by the wolf pup.

She had seen this pup earlier, it was the one that reminded her of Virginia. She chuckled as it played around, crossing her arms over her chest. Plopping down infront of the pup, she waved to it, then laughed at her own stupidity. She needed another drink.

The girl who sat on the street corner had been like a pop of color in an otherwise gray world.

Felicity had become tired of her daily routine, tired of walking back and forth from point A to point B daily, doing chores, so she was excited to see someone new had decided to place themselves on that street corner.

The girl was usually there. She was a vampire, and she was slightly lanky, usually had a knife with her. Felicity found herself quickly becoming intrigued by the girl, who seemed lost, but almost had a air about her like she knew exactly what she was doing.

Felicity remembered the day she worked up the courage to approach the vampire, only to have the girl laugh and spit on her feet. There was something intoxicating about her laugh. Felicity wanted to hear it again and again, she wanted to make the girl laugh.

She started sitting next to her on the street corner, trying to joke with her, until eventually she got her second laugh, and the mystery girl got a name.

Callidora.

“Can I call you Callie instead?”

“Why would you do that?”

“Rolls off the tongue.”

“No, you can’t”

“C’mon Callie.”

“Please-”

“Caaaaallliieee”

The girl had rolled her eyes, but she was also laughing. She was laughing, and she socked Felicity in the arm gently, and they both laughed together. Two dumb kids, in a dumb world, laughing together on a street corner.

6e8c15587309060691decb243672cc05.gif
"Sure, Ill help you. Except I don't know if you would want that..." He sighed."I killed Callidora in the future. Why would anyone want a murderer on their team?"He give a dry laugh. "But Ill help you, as long as it means I can make sure Callidora does not die under my hands again." He's never considered himself a murderer. He never did. The way he hunts, is like a wolf eating a rabbit. The wolf isn't murdering the rabbit, its just part of their purpose. Yet he killed Callidora without a reason, and that made it a murder. If he has a chance of changing that, then he will. He felt tired, a peculiar sensation he doesn't feel often. Yet he already felt sadness, regret, loyalty in some aspects tonight, so feeling tired doesn't suprise him.

The white eye glowed brighter, and then dimmed down again.
"Sure, Ill help you. Except I don't know if you would want that..." He sighed."I killed Callidora in the future. Why would anyone want a murderer on their team?"He give a dry laugh. "But Ill help you, as long as it means I can make sure Callidora does not die under my hands again." He's never considered himself a murderer. He never did. The way he hunts, is like a wolf eating a rabbit. The wolf isn't murdering the rabbit, its just part of their purpose. Yet he killed Callidora without a reason, and that made it a murder. If he has a chance of changing that, then he will. He felt tired, a peculiar sensation he doesn't feel often. Yet he already felt sadness, regret, loyalty in some aspects tonight, so feeling tired doesn't suprise him.

The white eye glowed brighter, and then dimmed down again.
back from hiatus #5 (;-_-)/
sketch shop here!
As they walked, June was looking ahead as well, keeping her eyes on everything that surrounded them, taking notes and generally memorizing everything, as she always does, though she wasn't ignoring the Whisper as it talked, she listened to it intently, taking in everything it said. Put in his mind when he was sixteen June noted that the Whisper hadn't existed for long then, just like it had said. But it couldn't have been a pleasant experience for Callum, to sudden have another voice that wasn't your own thought being forced into your own head.

She frowned a bit, there were other voices? It could have been his own demons, but not the Whisper it seems, that and the mentioning of Lucine's torture "Perhaps.. but it's not going to happen, not anymore." She remarked, they were in the past now and they were going to prevent it from happening, but she guessed that it already did its damage to the boy, June looked around, wondering if Athus was still around, she'd finally see the guy when he wasn't acting all high and mighty with his position in the Council and to experiment on her and other non-humans.

June grimaced at the memories, but her body didn't, it had never went through that before, only her mind did. She stayed quiet as well as the Whisper paused, seemingly trying to come up with something else to say. She flinched a bit at the mentioning of the roar, her roar. Her eyes darted over to the Whisper for a brief moment, when it spoke of the story, and how the roar had affected it. June look wistful, she didn't expect for the roar to have any affects on other beings "It was... a slip of moment, when you couldn't hold back all the anger, the pain, the hatred for something that had taken your most valuable thing away. The roar had woken up the Exorcist." She explained, her voice small, barely above a whisper, ironically, she felt uneasy, when she had to think about it again.

She was shaking a bit, her hands clenched tightly when she recalled how she had hold onto her bond, watching desperately as Tem slowly slipped away from her, she didn't know what to do, and that was when she decided that it was time for them to pay... June turned her head to look at the Whisper, noticed that it had looked up at the sky instead "So you've heard of the Exocrist.." She murmured, almost sound ashamed. But then somewhat sighed in relief as the Whisper explained how it had known of the Exorcist. June slowly looked away again, fixed her posture straight so it seems like she wasn't acting like a ball of guilt.

"Well.. the world isn't going to be doomed now.. that we're going to fix this." She sighed "And it's best if you don't know about the details of what the Exorcist had done." June admitted, there were some things she wasn't proud of, now that she looked back at them "A strange boy really, that Callum.." She nodded, noted how the Whisper said that he wasn't angry when he was explained about the Exorcist "Don't know what made him so understanding and forgiving, it's surreal." She scoffed a bit, half of her wanted Callum to stay that way, but the other half wanted to scold the boy for being naive, he should at least feel some hatred in him, it built character, maybe she was just being biased, on Narguca, people like him wouldn't survive more than five minutes, it was a harsh land, with dangers lurking around every corner and you have to worry about yourself before others. They might not going to save you in time.

June let out a dry chuckle "It would have made me feel better if he's angry with me, I mean I wouldn't worry about something that's going to threaten the entire existence of my species." She closed her eyes, shaking her head a bit with her arms crossed as they walked. She could only agree with the Whisper about not giving a single damn about the world at that time, everything seems so hopeless, with that damned Empire around. She looked up again as the Whisper continued to speak, nodding slowly, she wasn't very surprise to hear about Eirach going around and beating people up, the Empire's puppet after all.

It made her felt bad for the girl, then suddenly a flame of hatred was burning in her again, she will surely put a blade to those Council men if she ever saw them again, they were here to fix the past after all, they might as well as kill off some of the bad apples while they were at it, Torvald, Aysin and Athus were at the top of her list.Then she sighed again "I see.." She murmured wistfully, so Tem was right, she was destroying something as beautiful as love for the others, in her own selfishness and temptation. June took a moment to remember everything that her bond had scolded her when she came forward to confront the Exorcist.

June looked up again in shock as the Whisper said that Callum and it were bonded, though she sighed in relief again and look away menacingly as it quickly added that it wasn't like Tem and June. That scared her for a moment "Pretty much like my bond with Tem." June huffed, teasing at the Whisper "But strictly platonic eh?" She couldn't help but to chuckle in amusement. She shook her head again, but this time with a small smile, she was enjoying this conversation with the Whisper as well.

The Sunvaar nodded again firmly to the Whisper "We are, the clans are not getting to the dwarves this time, not that we're here." She turned her head to the sound of singing, smiling a bit "I'm not sure how they'd react to me, but the Faction isn't a thing now.. Valdis changed plans, we're now just Hunters, like we've always been, but yeah, this is a time to show them that we've not abandoned them to the monsters. Wasn't giving this world a purpose again the reason the Night Spirit had sent you back in time?"

She then realized something, and frowned "I didn't got the chance to see those Council crawling at my feet when the Empire crumbles... shouldn't have ended the world so soon back then." It was no telling if she was joking or not "It's not fun to do it when they don't have any knowledge about everything they have done anymore."

As they walked, June was looking ahead as well, keeping her eyes on everything that surrounded them, taking notes and generally memorizing everything, as she always does, though she wasn't ignoring the Whisper as it talked, she listened to it intently, taking in everything it said. Put in his mind when he was sixteen June noted that the Whisper hadn't existed for long then, just like it had said. But it couldn't have been a pleasant experience for Callum, to sudden have another voice that wasn't your own thought being forced into your own head.

She frowned a bit, there were other voices? It could have been his own demons, but not the Whisper it seems, that and the mentioning of Lucine's torture "Perhaps.. but it's not going to happen, not anymore." She remarked, they were in the past now and they were going to prevent it from happening, but she guessed that it already did its damage to the boy, June looked around, wondering if Athus was still around, she'd finally see the guy when he wasn't acting all high and mighty with his position in the Council and to experiment on her and other non-humans.

June grimaced at the memories, but her body didn't, it had never went through that before, only her mind did. She stayed quiet as well as the Whisper paused, seemingly trying to come up with something else to say. She flinched a bit at the mentioning of the roar, her roar. Her eyes darted over to the Whisper for a brief moment, when it spoke of the story, and how the roar had affected it. June look wistful, she didn't expect for the roar to have any affects on other beings "It was... a slip of moment, when you couldn't hold back all the anger, the pain, the hatred for something that had taken your most valuable thing away. The roar had woken up the Exorcist." She explained, her voice small, barely above a whisper, ironically, she felt uneasy, when she had to think about it again.

She was shaking a bit, her hands clenched tightly when she recalled how she had hold onto her bond, watching desperately as Tem slowly slipped away from her, she didn't know what to do, and that was when she decided that it was time for them to pay... June turned her head to look at the Whisper, noticed that it had looked up at the sky instead "So you've heard of the Exocrist.." She murmured, almost sound ashamed. But then somewhat sighed in relief as the Whisper explained how it had known of the Exorcist. June slowly looked away again, fixed her posture straight so it seems like she wasn't acting like a ball of guilt.

"Well.. the world isn't going to be doomed now.. that we're going to fix this." She sighed "And it's best if you don't know about the details of what the Exorcist had done." June admitted, there were some things she wasn't proud of, now that she looked back at them "A strange boy really, that Callum.." She nodded, noted how the Whisper said that he wasn't angry when he was explained about the Exorcist "Don't know what made him so understanding and forgiving, it's surreal." She scoffed a bit, half of her wanted Callum to stay that way, but the other half wanted to scold the boy for being naive, he should at least feel some hatred in him, it built character, maybe she was just being biased, on Narguca, people like him wouldn't survive more than five minutes, it was a harsh land, with dangers lurking around every corner and you have to worry about yourself before others. They might not going to save you in time.

June let out a dry chuckle "It would have made me feel better if he's angry with me, I mean I wouldn't worry about something that's going to threaten the entire existence of my species." She closed her eyes, shaking her head a bit with her arms crossed as they walked. She could only agree with the Whisper about not giving a single damn about the world at that time, everything seems so hopeless, with that damned Empire around. She looked up again as the Whisper continued to speak, nodding slowly, she wasn't very surprise to hear about Eirach going around and beating people up, the Empire's puppet after all.

It made her felt bad for the girl, then suddenly a flame of hatred was burning in her again, she will surely put a blade to those Council men if she ever saw them again, they were here to fix the past after all, they might as well as kill off some of the bad apples while they were at it, Torvald, Aysin and Athus were at the top of her list.Then she sighed again "I see.." She murmured wistfully, so Tem was right, she was destroying something as beautiful as love for the others, in her own selfishness and temptation. June took a moment to remember everything that her bond had scolded her when she came forward to confront the Exorcist.

June looked up again in shock as the Whisper said that Callum and it were bonded, though she sighed in relief again and look away menacingly as it quickly added that it wasn't like Tem and June. That scared her for a moment "Pretty much like my bond with Tem." June huffed, teasing at the Whisper "But strictly platonic eh?" She couldn't help but to chuckle in amusement. She shook her head again, but this time with a small smile, she was enjoying this conversation with the Whisper as well.

The Sunvaar nodded again firmly to the Whisper "We are, the clans are not getting to the dwarves this time, not that we're here." She turned her head to the sound of singing, smiling a bit "I'm not sure how they'd react to me, but the Faction isn't a thing now.. Valdis changed plans, we're now just Hunters, like we've always been, but yeah, this is a time to show them that we've not abandoned them to the monsters. Wasn't giving this world a purpose again the reason the Night Spirit had sent you back in time?"

She then realized something, and frowned "I didn't got the chance to see those Council crawling at my feet when the Empire crumbles... shouldn't have ended the world so soon back then." It was no telling if she was joking or not "It's not fun to do it when they don't have any knowledge about everything they have done anymore."

As soon as Thalia walked away, Sam heaved a sigh of relief. They were unaccustomed to being in a leader-type position, whether they or anyone else would call them a leader at the moment was unlikely, it couldn't be denied that they were now a person who held sway in the decisions of others. After a moment to collect themself, they straightened back up, and focused on not appearing lost, they had a plan after all, it wouldn't do to make people think they didn't believe in their own plan.

The gave a polite wave back as the werewolf Thalia had spoken to waved drunkenly at them, and then set about beginning their plan's execution. They walked about the rough image of what would become Colsar as they searched for a way to spread the word, despite their reaffirmed oath. Eventually they came in possession of a few sheets of paper, and a writing utensil. They found somewhere quiet and began to work.

Using their most attention commanding writing, and their most inspirational words, though both were clearly lacking, they created a few handfuls of fliers. They carried the stack in one arm, while holding a single flier at a time, that they would then attempt to hand out to anyone who would accept one. Each flier appealed to humans and non-humans alike, that the only way to prevent conflict would be to show that humans and non-humans could work together, not only peacefully, but that all things could be done better and faster if both groups were to combine their efforts. They only hoped they could find enough volunteers for this cause to begin the movement proper, it would eventually have to run itself while Sam, Felicity, Thalia and any of the other time-travelers that joined them went about playing the worlds largest, and most subtle game of chess, where each movement had to be thought out well in advance, lest they make a mistake and doom the world all over again.
As soon as Thalia walked away, Sam heaved a sigh of relief. They were unaccustomed to being in a leader-type position, whether they or anyone else would call them a leader at the moment was unlikely, it couldn't be denied that they were now a person who held sway in the decisions of others. After a moment to collect themself, they straightened back up, and focused on not appearing lost, they had a plan after all, it wouldn't do to make people think they didn't believe in their own plan.

The gave a polite wave back as the werewolf Thalia had spoken to waved drunkenly at them, and then set about beginning their plan's execution. They walked about the rough image of what would become Colsar as they searched for a way to spread the word, despite their reaffirmed oath. Eventually they came in possession of a few sheets of paper, and a writing utensil. They found somewhere quiet and began to work.

Using their most attention commanding writing, and their most inspirational words, though both were clearly lacking, they created a few handfuls of fliers. They carried the stack in one arm, while holding a single flier at a time, that they would then attempt to hand out to anyone who would accept one. Each flier appealed to humans and non-humans alike, that the only way to prevent conflict would be to show that humans and non-humans could work together, not only peacefully, but that all things could be done better and faster if both groups were to combine their efforts. They only hoped they could find enough volunteers for this cause to begin the movement proper, it would eventually have to run itself while Sam, Felicity, Thalia and any of the other time-travelers that joined them went about playing the worlds largest, and most subtle game of chess, where each movement had to be thought out well in advance, lest they make a mistake and doom the world all over again.
Athus looked a little uncertain as Call talked about being branded. "You had a run-in with the Clans...?" He sighed and looked away, having another drink. "I really should go-"

"Wai' a min' lad. Y'ave a house, eh? Why no' gi'e these kids a place ta stay for 'e night, eh?"

Athus looked uncomfortable and uncertain. "Um, I only just got back, it's a mess-"

"Ah, c'mon, 's that or we'd ha'e t' put 'em up in the guardhouse."

"I don't think I can."

"Nonsense! Yeh'd be happy teh!"

He sagged a little and took another drink, knowing he couldn't win. "Hythen might be tired..."

One of the dwarves slapped him on the back, almost knocking him over. "Ah, lad! Yeh've got yer head in all those books, eh? All t'em words gonna rot yehr mind. Beer's better f'r th' heart."

"Yeh like yer books like we like our women, eh? On'y yeh don' like women, yeh got a lad a' home. Books an' a lad, yeh could be a women yerself."

Athus had looked away, blushing very slightly in embarrassment.

Tem was pacing restlessly, waiting for some sign from the Whisper or June, when she felt the reassurance pushed towards her. She leaned against the wall of the tavern, closing her eyes. "Hurry up," she whispered. It seemed too long since she'd seen her bond, although it was actually in negative time - all the same, a lot had happened, and she just needed her touch. She needed to change clothes. She might have to rent a room to do that, but the money was a problem. She remembered the Empire had made their own currency.
Athus looked a little uncertain as Call talked about being branded. "You had a run-in with the Clans...?" He sighed and looked away, having another drink. "I really should go-"

"Wai' a min' lad. Y'ave a house, eh? Why no' gi'e these kids a place ta stay for 'e night, eh?"

Athus looked uncomfortable and uncertain. "Um, I only just got back, it's a mess-"

"Ah, c'mon, 's that or we'd ha'e t' put 'em up in the guardhouse."

"I don't think I can."

"Nonsense! Yeh'd be happy teh!"

He sagged a little and took another drink, knowing he couldn't win. "Hythen might be tired..."

One of the dwarves slapped him on the back, almost knocking him over. "Ah, lad! Yeh've got yer head in all those books, eh? All t'em words gonna rot yehr mind. Beer's better f'r th' heart."

"Yeh like yer books like we like our women, eh? On'y yeh don' like women, yeh got a lad a' home. Books an' a lad, yeh could be a women yerself."

Athus had looked away, blushing very slightly in embarrassment.

Tem was pacing restlessly, waiting for some sign from the Whisper or June, when she felt the reassurance pushed towards her. She leaned against the wall of the tavern, closing her eyes. "Hurry up," she whispered. It seemed too long since she'd seen her bond, although it was actually in negative time - all the same, a lot had happened, and she just needed her touch. She needed to change clothes. She might have to rent a room to do that, but the money was a problem. She remembered the Empire had made their own currency.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
June made her way through the gates, she looked around warily, it felt strange to be waltzing right into the city without have guards stopped you at the moment you approached the gates, just because you were a non-human, even if they tolerant Hunters. She felt weird, looking around at the non-finished streets and buildings, a pang in her heart as she realized how this city would turn out to be if they don't fix this.

She followed the feeling that pulled her toward Tem, with a small smile on her face, it felt like that it has been ages since she last saw her bond, she missed the vampire and craved for her touch. She gave the Whisper a grateful look for spending its energy and time to be looking for her and escort her all the way back to her bond.

The Sunvaar walked with the Whisper down the street, making their way over to the tavern. June perked up immediately as she spotted a very familiar figure from afar, Tem was leaning against the wall of the tarven. June immediately put on her brightest smile as she look at her bond "Miss me?" She grinned lovingly at the vampire, waving at her slightly as they approached the vampire.
June made her way through the gates, she looked around warily, it felt strange to be waltzing right into the city without have guards stopped you at the moment you approached the gates, just because you were a non-human, even if they tolerant Hunters. She felt weird, looking around at the non-finished streets and buildings, a pang in her heart as she realized how this city would turn out to be if they don't fix this.

She followed the feeling that pulled her toward Tem, with a small smile on her face, it felt like that it has been ages since she last saw her bond, she missed the vampire and craved for her touch. She gave the Whisper a grateful look for spending its energy and time to be looking for her and escort her all the way back to her bond.

The Sunvaar walked with the Whisper down the street, making their way over to the tavern. June perked up immediately as she spotted a very familiar figure from afar, Tem was leaning against the wall of the tarven. June immediately put on her brightest smile as she look at her bond "Miss me?" She grinned lovingly at the vampire, waving at her slightly as they approached the vampire.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 102 103