Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Living World (THE FINAL CHAPTER)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 102 103
June gave the kid a subtle smile, at least it made her feel somewhat better that he didn't start to act uncomfortable around her presence, and pretty much avoid her like a plague that Athus did. She couldn't help but to be amused at the thought, how much worst would it get if he finds out that she was something threatening to the entire humankind's existence? She could already tell that his disdain toward her would be tenfold. But then again, it doesn't matter.

She couldn't help but to chuckle a bit as Thalia and the Whisper start to gang up on Callum as well "I'm glad you agreed." She gave them a grin, then a mixture of teasing and apologetic at Callum. Raised an eyebrow and laughed again at her accusation "I didn't beg you for the type to cheat." June grinned at him slightly "Well taken note that I'd never do card games with you." She teased again, she was grateful that they've got a rare chance like this to just be themselves and mess around, that they wouldn't have to worry about the world ending, and June was the one that ending it.

June grinned again as the Whisper started to giggle "Glad I can be of service." She said jokingly, then moved back to her bond and wrapped her arm around the vampire's waist, pulling her in closer, she was glad that Tem returned to her. She laughed again at Thalia's compliment "My love here is going to be the judge of that." She winked down at Tem, with her dumb toothy grin, she looked like a drunk lynx, but probably drunken on happiness "What do you think, love? My name is pretty, yeah?" She twirled Tem's hair gently between her fingers for a brief moment, smiling down at her.

"Hm?" She couldn't help but to turn her head at that, looking between Callum and Lucine at the door, giving them a teasing grin "Okay, what else did I miss?" June looked back at Callum specifically "Looks like you're joining my team as Vampire lovers, eh?" Though she quickly fixed her posture again as Tem interrupted them, she coughed "Right, sorry, love." She quickly corrected herself.

"I'm afraid not, we were busy with the front line during this period, remember?" June looked down at Tem "And they would have been too young to remember or either hadn't been born when it happened.." She murmured, rubbing at the back of her neck, okay they were really screwed "But I'd say that it's not going to be long from now, the dwarves are getting somewhere with Colsar... and they've been slaughtered sometimes when they were almost finished with the city? My suggestion is to get on with Athus on good term, he's a soldier out there, he'd have update on the Clans. Callum is doing great at that." She murmured the last part.

"And well, everyone should give it a try except me." June grinned "But we're here either way, so no Clans are going to slip right in and kill the dwarves under our watch, they'd have to march an attack first and we'll be there to stop them if they ever show... then there's another problem, I'm sure you're all aware about Torvald and Aysin.."

Just as she finished her sentence, Hythen came barging in, made June turned her head at the man, and judging from how he looks, it couldn't be good. She turned back to the rest "Hurry." She urged everyone then followed the pair out of the house as well with her arm still wrapped around Tem. News from the army It made June scrunched her nose up, as she followed Hythen and Athus, there was an uneasy feeling settling inside her stomach.
June gave the kid a subtle smile, at least it made her feel somewhat better that he didn't start to act uncomfortable around her presence, and pretty much avoid her like a plague that Athus did. She couldn't help but to be amused at the thought, how much worst would it get if he finds out that she was something threatening to the entire humankind's existence? She could already tell that his disdain toward her would be tenfold. But then again, it doesn't matter.

She couldn't help but to chuckle a bit as Thalia and the Whisper start to gang up on Callum as well "I'm glad you agreed." She gave them a grin, then a mixture of teasing and apologetic at Callum. Raised an eyebrow and laughed again at her accusation "I didn't beg you for the type to cheat." June grinned at him slightly "Well taken note that I'd never do card games with you." She teased again, she was grateful that they've got a rare chance like this to just be themselves and mess around, that they wouldn't have to worry about the world ending, and June was the one that ending it.

June grinned again as the Whisper started to giggle "Glad I can be of service." She said jokingly, then moved back to her bond and wrapped her arm around the vampire's waist, pulling her in closer, she was glad that Tem returned to her. She laughed again at Thalia's compliment "My love here is going to be the judge of that." She winked down at Tem, with her dumb toothy grin, she looked like a drunk lynx, but probably drunken on happiness "What do you think, love? My name is pretty, yeah?" She twirled Tem's hair gently between her fingers for a brief moment, smiling down at her.

"Hm?" She couldn't help but to turn her head at that, looking between Callum and Lucine at the door, giving them a teasing grin "Okay, what else did I miss?" June looked back at Callum specifically "Looks like you're joining my team as Vampire lovers, eh?" Though she quickly fixed her posture again as Tem interrupted them, she coughed "Right, sorry, love." She quickly corrected herself.

"I'm afraid not, we were busy with the front line during this period, remember?" June looked down at Tem "And they would have been too young to remember or either hadn't been born when it happened.." She murmured, rubbing at the back of her neck, okay they were really screwed "But I'd say that it's not going to be long from now, the dwarves are getting somewhere with Colsar... and they've been slaughtered sometimes when they were almost finished with the city? My suggestion is to get on with Athus on good term, he's a soldier out there, he'd have update on the Clans. Callum is doing great at that." She murmured the last part.

"And well, everyone should give it a try except me." June grinned "But we're here either way, so no Clans are going to slip right in and kill the dwarves under our watch, they'd have to march an attack first and we'll be there to stop them if they ever show... then there's another problem, I'm sure you're all aware about Torvald and Aysin.."

Just as she finished her sentence, Hythen came barging in, made June turned her head at the man, and judging from how he looks, it couldn't be good. She turned back to the rest "Hurry." She urged everyone then followed the pair out of the house as well with her arm still wrapped around Tem. News from the army It made June scrunched her nose up, as she followed Hythen and Athus, there was an uneasy feeling settling inside her stomach.
Tem laughed, leaning into her bond. "June. One of the brightest seasons," she teased. "I think I got lucky." She leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, pressing against her a little more as they spoke. She cursed a little. Of course they wouldn't know the times, but the times were so important... The attack on the dwarves could be years away, or days, they couldn't possibly know. They would need to start preparing as soon as possible, whatever they knew about it. At least it was common knowledge that Colsar had been their final stand.

She looked up as Hythen barged in, frowning and glancing to her concerned bond. "Okay, come on," she directed at the others, heading through the door first after Athus and Hythen. The crowd thickened as they got to the square, a man the same age as Athus and just as recognisable sitting up on his war stallion. He held the position of one who knew where he was going in life, and would mow down anything in his way. Ambition burned behind his eyes, although he too lacked the darker expression that haunted both he and Athus in the future.

Aysin adjusted his seat and his reigns, waiting for them all to quieten to give his address. Athus stayed close to Hythen, and the latter indicated for the rest of the group to do the same. "Torvald's regiment has news from the northern lines. The Clans have destroyed the final city in the North, and have made an alliance among several of themselves to start the journey southward. This city is now the final settlement on the mainland."

There was a response of shock and fear among the crowd. "Torvald beseeches the leading figures of Colsar to allow the army ranks purchase in the running and decisions of the City, to allow for better protection from the army."

"As though they were around before it suited them," Hythen growled quietly.
Tem laughed, leaning into her bond. "June. One of the brightest seasons," she teased. "I think I got lucky." She leaned in and kissed her on the cheek, pressing against her a little more as they spoke. She cursed a little. Of course they wouldn't know the times, but the times were so important... The attack on the dwarves could be years away, or days, they couldn't possibly know. They would need to start preparing as soon as possible, whatever they knew about it. At least it was common knowledge that Colsar had been their final stand.

She looked up as Hythen barged in, frowning and glancing to her concerned bond. "Okay, come on," she directed at the others, heading through the door first after Athus and Hythen. The crowd thickened as they got to the square, a man the same age as Athus and just as recognisable sitting up on his war stallion. He held the position of one who knew where he was going in life, and would mow down anything in his way. Ambition burned behind his eyes, although he too lacked the darker expression that haunted both he and Athus in the future.

Aysin adjusted his seat and his reigns, waiting for them all to quieten to give his address. Athus stayed close to Hythen, and the latter indicated for the rest of the group to do the same. "Torvald's regiment has news from the northern lines. The Clans have destroyed the final city in the North, and have made an alliance among several of themselves to start the journey southward. This city is now the final settlement on the mainland."

There was a response of shock and fear among the crowd. "Torvald beseeches the leading figures of Colsar to allow the army ranks purchase in the running and decisions of the City, to allow for better protection from the army."

"As though they were around before it suited them," Hythen growled quietly.
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
June purred at her compliment "The lady has spoken, I am blessed then." She chuckled, leaning into the kiss tenderly as her hand rubbed up and down on the vampire's back gently, she wouldn't have left her bond for whatever reason, even if someone out there claim that they were her soulmate. The vampire has her flaws, but so did June and they balanced each other out, that aside, they were going to have a baby on the way, she couldn't help but to feel excited to see Tem as a mother to her child.

As they passed the crowded street, June would look up to see the all well familiar man sitting on his war stallion. Even if he does look younger as she and Athus were, she couldn't make any mistake about his aura and posture there, narrowed her eyes a bit, she regretted to miss the chance to see him crawling over her feet when she ended the world. June quickly shook the thought out of her head, frowned a bit solemnly, no matter how much she tried to deny it, that murderous and tyranny part of her had always existed. Painted by her title, her power, fame and blood.

She moved over to Hythen, motioned Tem to stay close to her as they watched as Aysin gave his speech with disdain in her eyes. She couldn't tell whether he was lying or not, knowing the weasel, he could have said anything to sway these people's mind toward him, set fear into their heart, that was the Aysin she knew alright. June couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow as Hythen growled quietly, she couldn't agree more with him.

However, she lowered her head a bit down at her bond "There's something not right... if this had happened in the past before. If Colsar allow the army to do so, then why did the dwarves still get slaughtered then?" She hissed quietly to Tem, her eyes still attached to Aysin, all she wanted to do was to shift right there and bite his head off, but that was just the unthinking rage part of her that was screaming about the idea.

"We couldn't let them do that, could we?" She asked Hythen lowly, it sounds like the start of the Empire alright. To give Colsar over to Torvald and his army, June decided against speaking up to the idea, for now, she wouldn't know who the leading figures were in this city and they better not be some boneheaded *****. Then it drawn to her again, the Emperor, June had never seen his face or if he ever existed at all, the Empire was mostly ran by the Council, she gritted her teeth a bit, was the Emperor in the future, Colsar's current leading figure now?
June purred at her compliment "The lady has spoken, I am blessed then." She chuckled, leaning into the kiss tenderly as her hand rubbed up and down on the vampire's back gently, she wouldn't have left her bond for whatever reason, even if someone out there claim that they were her soulmate. The vampire has her flaws, but so did June and they balanced each other out, that aside, they were going to have a baby on the way, she couldn't help but to feel excited to see Tem as a mother to her child.

As they passed the crowded street, June would look up to see the all well familiar man sitting on his war stallion. Even if he does look younger as she and Athus were, she couldn't make any mistake about his aura and posture there, narrowed her eyes a bit, she regretted to miss the chance to see him crawling over her feet when she ended the world. June quickly shook the thought out of her head, frowned a bit solemnly, no matter how much she tried to deny it, that murderous and tyranny part of her had always existed. Painted by her title, her power, fame and blood.

She moved over to Hythen, motioned Tem to stay close to her as they watched as Aysin gave his speech with disdain in her eyes. She couldn't tell whether he was lying or not, knowing the weasel, he could have said anything to sway these people's mind toward him, set fear into their heart, that was the Aysin she knew alright. June couldn't help but to raise an eyebrow as Hythen growled quietly, she couldn't agree more with him.

However, she lowered her head a bit down at her bond "There's something not right... if this had happened in the past before. If Colsar allow the army to do so, then why did the dwarves still get slaughtered then?" She hissed quietly to Tem, her eyes still attached to Aysin, all she wanted to do was to shift right there and bite his head off, but that was just the unthinking rage part of her that was screaming about the idea.

"We couldn't let them do that, could we?" She asked Hythen lowly, it sounds like the start of the Empire alright. To give Colsar over to Torvald and his army, June decided against speaking up to the idea, for now, she wouldn't know who the leading figures were in this city and they better not be some boneheaded *****. Then it drawn to her again, the Emperor, June had never seen his face or if he ever existed at all, the Empire was mostly ran by the Council, she gritted her teeth a bit, was the Emperor in the future, Colsar's current leading figure now?
Hythen closed his eyes and shook his head. "Colsar is a free city. Torvald's? a tyrant and a murderer and you can bet if they get power here they'll turn it into a machine to weed out everyone they don't like. Don't worry, old Garn will never give it over."

Athus nodded slowly. "You can bet they'd have nothing good planned for Colsar. They weren't here when our trade routes were cut off, they won't be here when the Clans attack. They want power, something of the kind. You can bet on that."

Aysin adjusted himself expertly again. "Torvald expects an answer by dawn tomorrow, so they can return to protect the city."
Hythen closed his eyes and shook his head. "Colsar is a free city. Torvald's? a tyrant and a murderer and you can bet if they get power here they'll turn it into a machine to weed out everyone they don't like. Don't worry, old Garn will never give it over."

Athus nodded slowly. "You can bet they'd have nothing good planned for Colsar. They weren't here when our trade routes were cut off, they won't be here when the Clans attack. They want power, something of the kind. You can bet on that."

Aysin adjusted himself expertly again. "Torvald expects an answer by dawn tomorrow, so they can return to protect the city."
June visibly relaxed as Hythen confirmed that Garn was the one in charge around, she heard about him before and she silently wished that some of the Hunters would turn up soon as backups. She listened as they talk about Torvald and his plans for Colsar "Too soon to jinx on that..." June murmured under her breath "I get you.. but these people here.." She gestured to the worried crowed "They're scared.. this guy is setting fear into their heart, a way to crack a hole and slowly seeping his poison into this place."

"But we're here, when the Clans attack." She said firmly to them, but kept in mind to keep her voice low, they needed to do this without drawing any attention, they'd have to pay Garn a visit if needed too, anything to keep him from being persuaded and turn the city over to Torvald "I'll bet that they won't be doing the protecting.." She hissed quietly, eyeing Aysin with disdain.

"I need to get in contact with my Hunters again, they should arrive anytime now if there isn't anything that's preventing them from doing so..." She murmured, a bit worried, what if Torvald's army got a word on the returning of the Hunters? The man stopped at nothing to get the power over Colsar, he could be planning some things right now to eliminated all the threats to that. But with backups or not, she had the group with her now, and the Clans will have to rethink again the day they challenged the Exorcist.

June's twitched a bit, well that was just a way of saying, she was a mortal now and she will remain like that until she dies in this life. But it's the thought that counts, and a Sunvaar wouldn't go down that easy, aside from the liquid that the Seer had created before, but she wouldn't worry about that right now, they have many chances to drive back the Clans, Colsar belonged to the people, not the Empire, not the Council.
June visibly relaxed as Hythen confirmed that Garn was the one in charge around, she heard about him before and she silently wished that some of the Hunters would turn up soon as backups. She listened as they talk about Torvald and his plans for Colsar "Too soon to jinx on that..." June murmured under her breath "I get you.. but these people here.." She gestured to the worried crowed "They're scared.. this guy is setting fear into their heart, a way to crack a hole and slowly seeping his poison into this place."

"But we're here, when the Clans attack." She said firmly to them, but kept in mind to keep her voice low, they needed to do this without drawing any attention, they'd have to pay Garn a visit if needed too, anything to keep him from being persuaded and turn the city over to Torvald "I'll bet that they won't be doing the protecting.." She hissed quietly, eyeing Aysin with disdain.

"I need to get in contact with my Hunters again, they should arrive anytime now if there isn't anything that's preventing them from doing so..." She murmured, a bit worried, what if Torvald's army got a word on the returning of the Hunters? The man stopped at nothing to get the power over Colsar, he could be planning some things right now to eliminated all the threats to that. But with backups or not, she had the group with her now, and the Clans will have to rethink again the day they challenged the Exorcist.

June's twitched a bit, well that was just a way of saying, she was a mortal now and she will remain like that until she dies in this life. But it's the thought that counts, and a Sunvaar wouldn't go down that easy, aside from the liquid that the Seer had created before, but she wouldn't worry about that right now, they have many chances to drive back the Clans, Colsar belonged to the people, not the Empire, not the Council.
Athus glanced at her in mild surprise. "So you want to help now," he said bitterly, turning away again. "I'm sure they can sort it out by themselves."

Hythen gave June an apologetic look. He shook his head. "The army can't gain purchase here, not after they left us to our own devices for this long. All the same, we should talk to Garn. The old bugger will probably be on the wall somewhere, puffing his pipe. He usually is."

"Athus! I didn't realise you'd be back here so soon. Or were you getting sick of having nothing to do but run away from the fight." Athus tensed at Aysin's voice. He'd dismounted, the crowd dispersing to discuss the news they had just heard, and the other man had picked them out and was coming towards them.

"Aysin." A muscle moved in his jaw. Hythen put a hand subtly on Athus' arm, either to calm him or warn him against doing anything.

"I see you've brought your dog with you. I feel a bit bad for you, you know, no woman wanted you so you had to make do."

"Don't," Hythen said softly, warning Athus against retaliation.

"I'm sorry, did I forget my manners," Athus' voice was icy. "You must have travelled such a long way from Nesarka."
Athus glanced at her in mild surprise. "So you want to help now," he said bitterly, turning away again. "I'm sure they can sort it out by themselves."

Hythen gave June an apologetic look. He shook his head. "The army can't gain purchase here, not after they left us to our own devices for this long. All the same, we should talk to Garn. The old bugger will probably be on the wall somewhere, puffing his pipe. He usually is."

"Athus! I didn't realise you'd be back here so soon. Or were you getting sick of having nothing to do but run away from the fight." Athus tensed at Aysin's voice. He'd dismounted, the crowd dispersing to discuss the news they had just heard, and the other man had picked them out and was coming towards them.

"Aysin." A muscle moved in his jaw. Hythen put a hand subtly on Athus' arm, either to calm him or warn him against doing anything.

"I see you've brought your dog with you. I feel a bit bad for you, you know, no woman wanted you so you had to make do."

"Don't," Hythen said softly, warning Athus against retaliation.

"I'm sorry, did I forget my manners," Athus' voice was icy. "You must have travelled such a long way from Nesarka."
June didn’t say anything in return to Athus, he can be all salty he want, she had enough salt for one day. Either way she wasn’t looking at him either, he was the type that needed to see to believe, otherwise she’d be wasting her saliva trying to argue with him, he can just think of her and the Hunters whatever he likes, she kept her eyes on Hythen however, given him an equally apologetic look, she hoped that he’d take it as an apology for the late arrival of the Hunters and not the fact she barged into the Council Halls, choked him then kicked him unconscious before.

“We’ll do that then.” She agreed with Hythen, though froze a bit as well, Athus wasn’t the only one tensing when Aysin addressed to them, she clenched her hands a bit, something inside her screamed for her to knock out a few teeth, but with her anger combined with her strength, she didn’t guarantee that his face would stay the same. June slowly turned around to face the despicable man as well.

Though restrained herself from saying anything, she watched as Aysin continue to insult Athus and Hythen with an indifferent expression, though there was clear disdain in her eyes, and she was ready to jump him if he does anything stupid to them, or to her and her group. June felt an insult for Aysin coming up but died down at the tip of her tongue as she saw Hythen calming Athus down, she’d help him out by not being difficult as well. Couldn’t help but to raised an eyebrow, looks like Athus had something interesting to say to the *****.
June didn’t say anything in return to Athus, he can be all salty he want, she had enough salt for one day. Either way she wasn’t looking at him either, he was the type that needed to see to believe, otherwise she’d be wasting her saliva trying to argue with him, he can just think of her and the Hunters whatever he likes, she kept her eyes on Hythen however, given him an equally apologetic look, she hoped that he’d take it as an apology for the late arrival of the Hunters and not the fact she barged into the Council Halls, choked him then kicked him unconscious before.

“We’ll do that then.” She agreed with Hythen, though froze a bit as well, Athus wasn’t the only one tensing when Aysin addressed to them, she clenched her hands a bit, something inside her screamed for her to knock out a few teeth, but with her anger combined with her strength, she didn’t guarantee that his face would stay the same. June slowly turned around to face the despicable man as well.

Though restrained herself from saying anything, she watched as Aysin continue to insult Athus and Hythen with an indifferent expression, though there was clear disdain in her eyes, and she was ready to jump him if he does anything stupid to them, or to her and her group. June felt an insult for Aysin coming up but died down at the tip of her tongue as she saw Hythen calming Athus down, she’d help him out by not being difficult as well. Couldn’t help but to raised an eyebrow, looks like Athus had something interesting to say to the *****.
Aysin's expression didn't even flicker, he just straightened himself up and replied smugly. "It was hard riding, but I managed in under two days. Your point?"

"The Clans weren't converging up on Tharun. They scattered themselves across the western plains to burn the crops there. They must be more skilled than we know, to be in two places at once."

"I'm sure you'd know, dragging around cold bodies in the villages all day, watching the real men fight."

"Garn won't hand Colsar to you. This is our city."

"Garn will realise the error of his ways soon enough." There was threat in the tone. "Look at you, talking like you're equal to me. Living among the slums and acting like your freak marriage is acceptable. The only thing that could make it worse was if he was a filthy hybrid as well, but at least you have taste there. You act like a thinker but you'd never afford an education if you sold your family's name. You suit this filthy city with those dwarves. There's some cleaning up we can do around here."
Aysin's expression didn't even flicker, he just straightened himself up and replied smugly. "It was hard riding, but I managed in under two days. Your point?"

"The Clans weren't converging up on Tharun. They scattered themselves across the western plains to burn the crops there. They must be more skilled than we know, to be in two places at once."

"I'm sure you'd know, dragging around cold bodies in the villages all day, watching the real men fight."

"Garn won't hand Colsar to you. This is our city."

"Garn will realise the error of his ways soon enough." There was threat in the tone. "Look at you, talking like you're equal to me. Living among the slums and acting like your freak marriage is acceptable. The only thing that could make it worse was if he was a filthy hybrid as well, but at least you have taste there. You act like a thinker but you'd never afford an education if you sold your family's name. You suit this filthy city with those dwarves. There's some cleaning up we can do around here."
June continue to watch, she was growing irritated by minutes, though she managed to stay calm, as she listened to Athus’ explaining on the western plains, he seems to know a lot about the Cland’ movements, but she knew that she wouldn’t be getting anything out of him, not her, but someone else in the group might and she got an idea of who it would be.

She noticed the threat in his tone, starting to think if her theory was true, though she bit her tongue from saying anything, it wasn’t her business and she doubted that the couple would appreciate if some stranger butted in on their own affair too. She gave Aysin a disdain look as he commented on their marriage, she could feel the back of her hair stood, bristled like a provoked lynx.

But she had to take a deep breath, not to lash out into something that didn’t concern her, even though she gave Hythen a subtle concerned look briefly, then returned her flaming gaze on the weasel. You better leave before I take out the trash himself June huffed a bit at her own thought, she’d only step in if things get physical, letting the couple deal with their problem, Aysin wouldn’t be dumb enough to try anything out on the street in board daylight, when he doesn’t have power over anything. And June make sure it stays that way from now on.

However everything he said, she’d keep in mind, maybe the Clans weren’t the one that slaughtered the dwarves.. or at least, not only themselves would.
June continue to watch, she was growing irritated by minutes, though she managed to stay calm, as she listened to Athus’ explaining on the western plains, he seems to know a lot about the Cland’ movements, but she knew that she wouldn’t be getting anything out of him, not her, but someone else in the group might and she got an idea of who it would be.

She noticed the threat in his tone, starting to think if her theory was true, though she bit her tongue from saying anything, it wasn’t her business and she doubted that the couple would appreciate if some stranger butted in on their own affair too. She gave Aysin a disdain look as he commented on their marriage, she could feel the back of her hair stood, bristled like a provoked lynx.

But she had to take a deep breath, not to lash out into something that didn’t concern her, even though she gave Hythen a subtle concerned look briefly, then returned her flaming gaze on the weasel. You better leave before I take out the trash himself June huffed a bit at her own thought, she’d only step in if things get physical, letting the couple deal with their problem, Aysin wouldn’t be dumb enough to try anything out on the street in board daylight, when he doesn’t have power over anything. And June make sure it stays that way from now on.

However everything he said, she’d keep in mind, maybe the Clans weren’t the one that slaughtered the dwarves.. or at least, not only themselves would.
Hythen stepped forward this time. "I'm sure you have more important things to do than speculate about soldier's personal lives, Captain, or have you found yourself short of a job?"

Aysin reacted to that, his eyes narrowing, stepping forward as though squaring up. "Shut your lizard mouth, Hythen, before I run you into the dirt with the rest of the dogs."

Athus wasn't one for confrontation, but he felt himself shrinking back at how incapable he was to defend his husband. Tem snarled. "Punch him," she hissed into June's ear, her rage pouring across to June through their souls.
Hythen stepped forward this time. "I'm sure you have more important things to do than speculate about soldier's personal lives, Captain, or have you found yourself short of a job?"

Aysin reacted to that, his eyes narrowing, stepping forward as though squaring up. "Shut your lizard mouth, Hythen, before I run you into the dirt with the rest of the dogs."

Athus wasn't one for confrontation, but he felt himself shrinking back at how incapable he was to defend his husband. Tem snarled. "Punch him," she hissed into June's ear, her rage pouring across to June through their souls.
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 102 103