Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | 1x1 Eaglerider
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46
"It wasn't that I thought that you didn't have money.." Xandria spoke quietly. She hadn't meant to offend him or hit a sore spot but it was pretty obvious that her new roommate was struggling a bit with money. For one reason or the other it had slipped her mind that humans tended to dislike talking about their money. The only time that the subject was a welcome one was when they had more of it than they needed. Even then it needed to be outrageously more.

"One time I forgot that I was boiling water and walked away from the stove. Two hours later all the water had evaporated from the pot but the stove was still on and cooking nothing but the pot. I had gotten distracted with a book." She gave him a serious look. "I'm lucky that I didn't burn down the house of the friend that I was staying with. I don't think I've tried cooking since then. I usually even eat my leftovers cold because it's simpler than having to heat them up. I get distracted a bit more than is considered normal so most of the time I end up eating cold food anyways. It tastes the same regardless of the temperature." She shrugged.

"So I'm sure your cooking will be better than that. Or at least you won't be a danger in the kitchen. As far as my eating the same thing everyday.. It's really not all that odd to me especially since I've done it for so long. I wouldn't say that it loses its favor. All the food is made with the same recipe so it always ends up tasting the same." Obviously she had missed the actual point of his question.

"You'll have to try flying sometime then. It's quite the adrenaline rush. You'd be amazed at how fast you go." The topic of their conversation was quickly growing more and more dangerous. It wasn't like Xandria could admit that she actually could fly on her own. Or that she had wings. So she stopped talking and simply listened. When Richard mentioned that the bike along with the meager belongings back at the apartment was all that he had she couldn't help but feel a little.. bad ? She didn't even know if that was the right word. The way that he spoke of the rich.. obviously something had happened to him in the past. He seemed almost content with the way that his life had gone now, though he did seem tired.

"My.. erm. My parents weren't really into television so I can't say as though I really spent much time watching it as a child. Or any. We didn't have television." That was an easy explanation to why she didn't really know what to think about them. It was also only a half-lie.

"Absolutely ready." She shuffled to the end of the booth and stood, stretching her arms above her head and cracking her back before walking towards the door. She pulled open the door and held it waiting for Richard before walking outside.
"It wasn't that I thought that you didn't have money.." Xandria spoke quietly. She hadn't meant to offend him or hit a sore spot but it was pretty obvious that her new roommate was struggling a bit with money. For one reason or the other it had slipped her mind that humans tended to dislike talking about their money. The only time that the subject was a welcome one was when they had more of it than they needed. Even then it needed to be outrageously more.

"One time I forgot that I was boiling water and walked away from the stove. Two hours later all the water had evaporated from the pot but the stove was still on and cooking nothing but the pot. I had gotten distracted with a book." She gave him a serious look. "I'm lucky that I didn't burn down the house of the friend that I was staying with. I don't think I've tried cooking since then. I usually even eat my leftovers cold because it's simpler than having to heat them up. I get distracted a bit more than is considered normal so most of the time I end up eating cold food anyways. It tastes the same regardless of the temperature." She shrugged.

"So I'm sure your cooking will be better than that. Or at least you won't be a danger in the kitchen. As far as my eating the same thing everyday.. It's really not all that odd to me especially since I've done it for so long. I wouldn't say that it loses its favor. All the food is made with the same recipe so it always ends up tasting the same." Obviously she had missed the actual point of his question.

"You'll have to try flying sometime then. It's quite the adrenaline rush. You'd be amazed at how fast you go." The topic of their conversation was quickly growing more and more dangerous. It wasn't like Xandria could admit that she actually could fly on her own. Or that she had wings. So she stopped talking and simply listened. When Richard mentioned that the bike along with the meager belongings back at the apartment was all that he had she couldn't help but feel a little.. bad ? She didn't even know if that was the right word. The way that he spoke of the rich.. obviously something had happened to him in the past. He seemed almost content with the way that his life had gone now, though he did seem tired.

"My.. erm. My parents weren't really into television so I can't say as though I really spent much time watching it as a child. Or any. We didn't have television." That was an easy explanation to why she didn't really know what to think about them. It was also only a half-lie.

"Absolutely ready." She shuffled to the end of the booth and stood, stretching her arms above her head and cracking her back before walking towards the door. She pulled open the door and held it waiting for Richard before walking outside.
"It's fine. It's obvious I don't have money." He says. He knew why. He had very little money in comparison to most people in the city. It was only reasonable that she thought he couldn't afford anything. He tries to steer things away from money.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You can't burn a building down when there wasn't anything cooking. And the fire was controlled for the most part. Regardless I'll cook something. Hot food usually is better than cold food. Well for most people anyway. I understand if you don't though. Vegetables are usually served cold. Well... in salads anyway."

"Uh... never mind." He says seeing as she confirmed his statement. "The kitchen is always dangerous at first and even then it remains hazardous if people aren't careful." He hears her say his cooking wouldn't be bad. "It might be you never know." He says honestly. He thinks for a moment.

"Maybe I'll fly someday. But I doubt that day will be anytime soon." He says shrugging. He wasn't one to travel a lot. He wipes his eyes for a second as if waking up from fatigue. "Anyway... sorry for tui ok ming the good mood we had moments ago with my sad if not boring monolog. Sorry if I offended you..." He says realizing she herself was rich probably. He looked apologetic too. He had caught himself ranting and as a result Xandria could possibly dislike him or even hate him. "Didn't you say you travel a lot? I can imagine you have quite a collection of stories." He says changing the topic to something more lighthearted and away from his financial situation.

"That makes sense. I only thought maybe now you would like one, in case you finished all your books and had nothing to do fir awhile." He finished his coffee. "Sorry if I'm prying into your past though..." He says.

"Alright let's go." He says getting up and following her. It was odd dhe held the door for him and when he went through he held it for her. "You can put the helmet on. I'll be right there." He says as an elderly couple walks to the door he was holding open. He hoped that the motorcycle would start. Sometimes it wouldn't right away...

"It's fine. It's obvious I don't have money." He says. He knew why. He had very little money in comparison to most people in the city. It was only reasonable that she thought he couldn't afford anything. He tries to steer things away from money.

"I'm sure it wasn't that bad. You can't burn a building down when there wasn't anything cooking. And the fire was controlled for the most part. Regardless I'll cook something. Hot food usually is better than cold food. Well for most people anyway. I understand if you don't though. Vegetables are usually served cold. Well... in salads anyway."

"Uh... never mind." He says seeing as she confirmed his statement. "The kitchen is always dangerous at first and even then it remains hazardous if people aren't careful." He hears her say his cooking wouldn't be bad. "It might be you never know." He says honestly. He thinks for a moment.

"Maybe I'll fly someday. But I doubt that day will be anytime soon." He says shrugging. He wasn't one to travel a lot. He wipes his eyes for a second as if waking up from fatigue. "Anyway... sorry for tui ok ming the good mood we had moments ago with my sad if not boring monolog. Sorry if I offended you..." He says realizing she herself was rich probably. He looked apologetic too. He had caught himself ranting and as a result Xandria could possibly dislike him or even hate him. "Didn't you say you travel a lot? I can imagine you have quite a collection of stories." He says changing the topic to something more lighthearted and away from his financial situation.

"That makes sense. I only thought maybe now you would like one, in case you finished all your books and had nothing to do fir awhile." He finished his coffee. "Sorry if I'm prying into your past though..." He says.

"Alright let's go." He says getting up and following her. It was odd dhe held the door for him and when he went through he held it for her. "You can put the helmet on. I'll be right there." He says as an elderly couple walks to the door he was holding open. He hoped that the motorcycle would start. Sometimes it wouldn't right away...

"I travel more than the average human does. Or at least I would think so. You'd be amazed at how much the world can change in a few years and I want to see it all." Or at least what seemed like a few years to her. Xandria completely moved her life every twenty or so years to avoid getting odd glances from the people that actually knew she existed. Humans aged but she didn't.

"I've been to Egypt, Germany, Russia, I spent a few years in Asia and Europe." Luckily travel was something that she was able to talk about freely. The only thing that might seem odd about the number of places that she had been was her age, or at least how old she appeared to be. Luckily she looked old enough that she may just go on a lot of vacations, something that humans seemed to do as well. "I'd have to say that Europe has always been my favorite though. That's where most of those books back in my room came from." She grinned.

"Europe has always held the best.." She paused and struggled to come up with the name that she was trying to think of. "Medieval festivals. Knights and dragons. Oh, and princesses. Those were the good ol' days I tell you." That was when Xandria had appeared in the world. The time of knights and royalty. She had never met a dragon but that didn't mean that they didn't exist. Those were the days that she had grown to love secretly she wished that she would be able to go back and visit them. "They don't really seem like your thing but you should check out a faire one day. You'd be surprised at how much people get into it."

It's not that she was a fan of dressing up but usually at the faire she was able to get away with letting her wings out for the day as long as she wore some kind of false halo. An angel wasn't the most conventional costume to see at a faire but there were always a few humans who thought that her species was worth dressing up as. it was sort of a compliment in a very odd way.

She listened to him speak about the television and nodded. "Maybe. I don't know, I've never thought about buying one." With a shrug she added, "it might be interesting though."

Before she put on the helmet she looked back in his direction. "Honestly, I think you've given me plenty of information about your past its only fair that you get to learn something about me. Besides, if I keep myself too walled off you might think I'm a freak. Probably better to just tell you some things here and then."

She decided it was a reasonable enough response and then put on the helmet though there was no reason to wear it. Putting it on was easier than arguing about the subject again though.
"I travel more than the average human does. Or at least I would think so. You'd be amazed at how much the world can change in a few years and I want to see it all." Or at least what seemed like a few years to her. Xandria completely moved her life every twenty or so years to avoid getting odd glances from the people that actually knew she existed. Humans aged but she didn't.

"I've been to Egypt, Germany, Russia, I spent a few years in Asia and Europe." Luckily travel was something that she was able to talk about freely. The only thing that might seem odd about the number of places that she had been was her age, or at least how old she appeared to be. Luckily she looked old enough that she may just go on a lot of vacations, something that humans seemed to do as well. "I'd have to say that Europe has always been my favorite though. That's where most of those books back in my room came from." She grinned.

"Europe has always held the best.." She paused and struggled to come up with the name that she was trying to think of. "Medieval festivals. Knights and dragons. Oh, and princesses. Those were the good ol' days I tell you." That was when Xandria had appeared in the world. The time of knights and royalty. She had never met a dragon but that didn't mean that they didn't exist. Those were the days that she had grown to love secretly she wished that she would be able to go back and visit them. "They don't really seem like your thing but you should check out a faire one day. You'd be surprised at how much people get into it."

It's not that she was a fan of dressing up but usually at the faire she was able to get away with letting her wings out for the day as long as she wore some kind of false halo. An angel wasn't the most conventional costume to see at a faire but there were always a few humans who thought that her species was worth dressing up as. it was sort of a compliment in a very odd way.

She listened to him speak about the television and nodded. "Maybe. I don't know, I've never thought about buying one." With a shrug she added, "it might be interesting though."

Before she put on the helmet she looked back in his direction. "Honestly, I think you've given me plenty of information about your past its only fair that you get to learn something about me. Besides, if I keep myself too walled off you might think I'm a freak. Probably better to just tell you some things here and then."

She decided it was a reasonable enough response and then put on the helmet though there was no reason to wear it. Putting it on was easier than arguing about the subject again though.
He sighs. "Xandria... be honest. Why do you say 'average human'? I mean... it seems you think you're different." He says. "I mean I'd like to see the world myself... I'm... I'm a history buff... history has always fascinated me. Medieval is interesting. Then there is ancient times."

He didn't mind her many trips. If anything he was impressed. "Why live in an apartment here when you can go there and live the dream?" He asks referring to Europe. "You definitely are well traveled. You should tell me what locations you liked the most and what you saw." He says smiling. "They are all English books? Some of them appeared to be in old English. You must be very talented for such a feat as to understand that."

"Don't judge a book by its cover. I may be interested. But I probably won't get dressed up... I can't afford any costume." He says. "I can picture you as a princess of sorts." He chuckles smiling. "Dragons, knights, even today such a world fascinates the imagination." He grins. "Don't tell anyone, but I find dragons she griffins fascinating."

He let's the elderly couple through and walks over. "Well maybe I can get you one." He says smiling referring to the tv. "Ever watch a duel?" He asks. His mind was on the movies and other medieval things he's seen. Some good, some not so much...maybe Xandria would like to see one, one day.

"You're no freak. Its only day two. We are still getting to know each other." He got on the motorcycle he tried starting it. It didn't start the first or second time she she could hear him sigh. "Not now... please not now." He mutters before trying up to the fourth time in which it started. "My past there isn't much to talk about honestly." He says before beginning to drive to the park.
He sighs. "Xandria... be honest. Why do you say 'average human'? I mean... it seems you think you're different." He says. "I mean I'd like to see the world myself... I'm... I'm a history buff... history has always fascinated me. Medieval is interesting. Then there is ancient times."

He didn't mind her many trips. If anything he was impressed. "Why live in an apartment here when you can go there and live the dream?" He asks referring to Europe. "You definitely are well traveled. You should tell me what locations you liked the most and what you saw." He says smiling. "They are all English books? Some of them appeared to be in old English. You must be very talented for such a feat as to understand that."

"Don't judge a book by its cover. I may be interested. But I probably won't get dressed up... I can't afford any costume." He says. "I can picture you as a princess of sorts." He chuckles smiling. "Dragons, knights, even today such a world fascinates the imagination." He grins. "Don't tell anyone, but I find dragons she griffins fascinating."

He let's the elderly couple through and walks over. "Well maybe I can get you one." He says smiling referring to the tv. "Ever watch a duel?" He asks. His mind was on the movies and other medieval things he's seen. Some good, some not so much...maybe Xandria would like to see one, one day.

"You're no freak. Its only day two. We are still getting to know each other." He got on the motorcycle he tried starting it. It didn't start the first or second time she she could hear him sigh. "Not now... please not now." He mutters before trying up to the fourth time in which it started. "My past there isn't much to talk about honestly." He says before beginning to drive to the park.
Xandria was quiet for a short moment as her brain raced to come up with an answer. Luckily her face was already covered by the helmet and he couldn't see the expression on her face. "I use the word 'human' like you use the word person. To me they're interchangeable." She shrugged, " my parents were big on science and always used the name provided by binominal nomenclature. I was the odd child that called dogs Canis lupus familiaris. I don't even want to get into the specific breeds." She sighed, "it sort of freaked people out, especially because it was such a mouthful for a kid to say. I guess saying the word 'human' instead of person sort of stuck." Hopefully that was believable.

"If I was constantly moving then it would be even more difficult to keep my books with me." She cracked a grin. "In all honesty I like apartment living. I keeps me grounded and lets me meet new people. But sure, I can tell you about other places someday."

It took a moment for her to think about the books in her rom before she was able to answer his question. "A good portion of those are not in English. There's a whole mix of languages there. French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Russian, a couple Hebew, and then I think I still have a few Finnish unless I misplaced them somewhere. Old English is pretty prevalent in the collection as well. What can I say, I like to read the books in their original language. Sometimes it takes me a little bit of time to crack the language and be able to fully understand the text but it's fun." okay, that definitely made her sound crazy.

"Getting dressed up is half the fun. If you'd really be interested in it then I'm sure we could scrounge up something for you. You'd be surprised at how cheap it can be when you make your own stuff." She looked towards him, "something to think about." When he spoke of her being a princess she couldn't help but laugh quietly. " Nah. Princesses are boring and rude. I tend to dress up as something much more interesting than that. Though I can't tell you incase you try to steal my idea."

She grinned when he spoke of dragons. "Your secret is safe with me. A duel? Oh yes, I've seen my fair share of those." Of course the duels that she spoke of were a bit more serious than the ones that were put on at the faire. It was pretty common for a knight to die.

When the motorcycle didn't start Xandria didn't say a word and pretended not to hear his sigh. "I'm sure that's not true. Everyone has something in their past that's worth talking about."
Xandria was quiet for a short moment as her brain raced to come up with an answer. Luckily her face was already covered by the helmet and he couldn't see the expression on her face. "I use the word 'human' like you use the word person. To me they're interchangeable." She shrugged, " my parents were big on science and always used the name provided by binominal nomenclature. I was the odd child that called dogs Canis lupus familiaris. I don't even want to get into the specific breeds." She sighed, "it sort of freaked people out, especially because it was such a mouthful for a kid to say. I guess saying the word 'human' instead of person sort of stuck." Hopefully that was believable.

"If I was constantly moving then it would be even more difficult to keep my books with me." She cracked a grin. "In all honesty I like apartment living. I keeps me grounded and lets me meet new people. But sure, I can tell you about other places someday."

It took a moment for her to think about the books in her rom before she was able to answer his question. "A good portion of those are not in English. There's a whole mix of languages there. French, Italian, Spanish, German, Chinese, Russian, a couple Hebew, and then I think I still have a few Finnish unless I misplaced them somewhere. Old English is pretty prevalent in the collection as well. What can I say, I like to read the books in their original language. Sometimes it takes me a little bit of time to crack the language and be able to fully understand the text but it's fun." okay, that definitely made her sound crazy.

"Getting dressed up is half the fun. If you'd really be interested in it then I'm sure we could scrounge up something for you. You'd be surprised at how cheap it can be when you make your own stuff." She looked towards him, "something to think about." When he spoke of her being a princess she couldn't help but laugh quietly. " Nah. Princesses are boring and rude. I tend to dress up as something much more interesting than that. Though I can't tell you incase you try to steal my idea."

She grinned when he spoke of dragons. "Your secret is safe with me. A duel? Oh yes, I've seen my fair share of those." Of course the duels that she spoke of were a bit more serious than the ones that were put on at the faire. It was pretty common for a knight to die.

When the motorcycle didn't start Xandria didn't say a word and pretended not to hear his sigh. "I'm sure that's not true. Everyone has something in their past that's worth talking about."
"Oh ok. I was only curious. Sounds like you were heavily educated even as a kid." He says. He didn't fully understand but he accepted it for now. He still thought she was hiding something. But maybe he was just over thinking. "Just don't start calling me the scientific term for human though."

"I don't blame you. But you could possibly live in your own castle at some point. Have your own library or something. Though then you wouldn't meet many people. And you don't have to. Just was saying you could."

"You are a hard one to understand." He chuckles. "Well I suppose reading the books in their original language helps in terms of capturing and understanding the original message. Though I could never learn so many languages. You are very special." He says honestly. "But that's who you are. It's not my place to judge what works for you. I'm sure if I took you to ancient locations you'd be able to read off everything on the plaques." He grins. He hoped though she wasn't offended though.

"I'd never steal an idea. The last time I ever dressed up was for a job." He admits. "I doubt you'd want me to rain on that parade. I'm more quiet than I appear. That and I have no idea what I would even be." He shrugs. But he sees her laugh at being seen as a princess. "They can definitely be rude... but never know. You could be the exception." He laughs a little.

"Of course in actual duels both fighters didn't survive. Usually only one did." He says honestly. "Thanks. If the guys at the docks found out they would definitely take advantage of that." He sighs. "Anyway... which myth interests you? Any in specific?" He asks.

"Mine isn't exactly eventful." He says. He was embarrassed by how the motorcycle wasn't working. Least it survived for now. He drove to the park before his cell phone rang. He answers it. "Yes? What do you mean? The docks closed why do I need to check the containers when security patrols the dock? Fine..." He sighs. "I can't even have today off... want me to take you back to the apartment?" He asks. He was hiding his frustration and disappointment. He wouldn't be paid for checking the container anyway.
"Oh ok. I was only curious. Sounds like you were heavily educated even as a kid." He says. He didn't fully understand but he accepted it for now. He still thought she was hiding something. But maybe he was just over thinking. "Just don't start calling me the scientific term for human though."

"I don't blame you. But you could possibly live in your own castle at some point. Have your own library or something. Though then you wouldn't meet many people. And you don't have to. Just was saying you could."

"You are a hard one to understand." He chuckles. "Well I suppose reading the books in their original language helps in terms of capturing and understanding the original message. Though I could never learn so many languages. You are very special." He says honestly. "But that's who you are. It's not my place to judge what works for you. I'm sure if I took you to ancient locations you'd be able to read off everything on the plaques." He grins. He hoped though she wasn't offended though.

"I'd never steal an idea. The last time I ever dressed up was for a job." He admits. "I doubt you'd want me to rain on that parade. I'm more quiet than I appear. That and I have no idea what I would even be." He shrugs. But he sees her laugh at being seen as a princess. "They can definitely be rude... but never know. You could be the exception." He laughs a little.

"Of course in actual duels both fighters didn't survive. Usually only one did." He says honestly. "Thanks. If the guys at the docks found out they would definitely take advantage of that." He sighs. "Anyway... which myth interests you? Any in specific?" He asks.

"Mine isn't exactly eventful." He says. He was embarrassed by how the motorcycle wasn't working. Least it survived for now. He drove to the park before his cell phone rang. He answers it. "Yes? What do you mean? The docks closed why do I need to check the containers when security patrols the dock? Fine..." He sighs. "I can't even have today off... want me to take you back to the apartment?" He asks. He was hiding his frustration and disappointment. He wouldn't be paid for checking the container anyway.
"Yeah, I went to a pretty intense school. I learned a lot more than I would have at a normal school." If only he knew how much truth was behind that statement. "I think I can refrain from doing that so you should have to worry." She was thankful that he hadn't tried to make her explain more about her childhood.

"What can I say.. I'm a bit different." An angel forced to live in the human world certainly was different. By anyone's standards. When you added the angel trying her best to act human enough to not be found out that was a whole more bunch of weird.

"Well, like I said. It's something to think about. I don't need an answer right now. You don't even have to go I just wanted to give you the option to go if you wanted." It might be better if Richard didn't go with her. To the normal eye her wings would already look more convincing than a normal human could create if he were to see that the wings were actually attached to her.. things might get a little tricky.

"You say that like I come in contact with the men at the docks daily and can spill your secrets. I don't think I've ever actually met anyone who's gone anywhere near the docks.. well besides you."

Right as she was getting ready to answer his question about the myth his phone rang. "You're going to the dock?" She remembered what he had said about the noises from the container. "No, don't worry about it. I'll definitely go with you. It wouldn't make sense to make you drive back to the apartment just to head this way again. Besides, I've got secrets to spill to the men at the docks remember?" She was obviously teasing him with the last part.
"Yeah, I went to a pretty intense school. I learned a lot more than I would have at a normal school." If only he knew how much truth was behind that statement. "I think I can refrain from doing that so you should have to worry." She was thankful that he hadn't tried to make her explain more about her childhood.

"What can I say.. I'm a bit different." An angel forced to live in the human world certainly was different. By anyone's standards. When you added the angel trying her best to act human enough to not be found out that was a whole more bunch of weird.

"Well, like I said. It's something to think about. I don't need an answer right now. You don't even have to go I just wanted to give you the option to go if you wanted." It might be better if Richard didn't go with her. To the normal eye her wings would already look more convincing than a normal human could create if he were to see that the wings were actually attached to her.. things might get a little tricky.

"You say that like I come in contact with the men at the docks daily and can spill your secrets. I don't think I've ever actually met anyone who's gone anywhere near the docks.. well besides you."

Right as she was getting ready to answer his question about the myth his phone rang. "You're going to the dock?" She remembered what he had said about the noises from the container. "No, don't worry about it. I'll definitely go with you. It wouldn't make sense to make you drive back to the apartment just to head this way again. Besides, I've got secrets to spill to the men at the docks remember?" She was obviously teasing him with the last part.
"Well sometimes such a school better prepares you. And thanks. I'd rather not wake up to me being named a scientific term instead of my name." He says. He didn't want to pry. So he only asked what he thought were general questions.

"Aren't we all different? I mean I'm more then likely different from you and vice versa." He says chuckling. "Such talents though are rare and you could probably find a better job than the bookstore." He says honestly. "Just don't work at the docks." He says seriously.

Richard nods to her statement about a faire. It's not that he wasn't interested. It's just me couldn't picture himself doing it either. He just couldn't say it. "I'll think about it." He says. Though he believed his mind was made up already. He couldn't see himself relaxing enough to do that at all... he was very serious and he doubted she would appreciate that.

"You never know... they are always looking for excuses to pick on others. I'm just about the only one who remains serious. Besides the pranks they do... I won't speak about that." He says dropping the subject.

"Unfortunately yes... something about a container. Again." He sighs. "Ok just be careful. I doubt security will let you through so I'll drop you off out front. Then I'll go check the containers. And if you say anything to them I'll either leave you there or put you in a container." He says jokingly. He turned toward the direction of the docks and pulled up to the security gate. The guard walks out. "The foreman called you too? You can't bring your girlfriend in but you can go on ahead. And before the argument. It's because there were a few break ins done by another guys girlfriend and her new boyfriend after they looked over containers." The guard says. "I'll be back." Richard says turning off the motorcycle and walking around the docks for the container.
"Well sometimes such a school better prepares you. And thanks. I'd rather not wake up to me being named a scientific term instead of my name." He says. He didn't want to pry. So he only asked what he thought were general questions.

"Aren't we all different? I mean I'm more then likely different from you and vice versa." He says chuckling. "Such talents though are rare and you could probably find a better job than the bookstore." He says honestly. "Just don't work at the docks." He says seriously.

Richard nods to her statement about a faire. It's not that he wasn't interested. It's just me couldn't picture himself doing it either. He just couldn't say it. "I'll think about it." He says. Though he believed his mind was made up already. He couldn't see himself relaxing enough to do that at all... he was very serious and he doubted she would appreciate that.

"You never know... they are always looking for excuses to pick on others. I'm just about the only one who remains serious. Besides the pranks they do... I won't speak about that." He says dropping the subject.

"Unfortunately yes... something about a container. Again." He sighs. "Ok just be careful. I doubt security will let you through so I'll drop you off out front. Then I'll go check the containers. And if you say anything to them I'll either leave you there or put you in a container." He says jokingly. He turned toward the direction of the docks and pulled up to the security gate. The guard walks out. "The foreman called you too? You can't bring your girlfriend in but you can go on ahead. And before the argument. It's because there were a few break ins done by another guys girlfriend and her new boyfriend after they looked over containers." The guard says. "I'll be back." Richard says turning off the motorcycle and walking around the docks for the container.
"It's true, everyone is different.. It's hard to explain." She shrugged. "I like my job. It keeps me busy and I get to be surrounded by books." That was as good an answer as any considering she didn't have a job at the bookstore.

By the tone of his voice it was pretty obvious that the whole situation about the faire had already been closed. Oh well, she had tried her best.

"I've heard that men can be like that. It sounds like they tend to stay teenagers for a good portion of their lives. The pranks they pull, things they find funny. It never really advances after a certain point in life. I could be wrong though."

Xandria climbed off the motorcycle and couldn't help but glare at the guard. She was honestly suprised that Richard hadn't corrected him when he had said the word 'girlfriend'. Since that hand happened she kept her mouth shut but pulled off the helmet as she watched Richard disappear out of sight.

She wanted to get closer and be able to hear the noises from the container. She might even be able to sneak a peak of what was inside of it should Richard decide to open the door of the container. It would be oh so easy for her to manipulate the guard into getting her way and letting her go through the gate but it would be hard to explain should she be seen by any of the others on the dock. For now she decided to stay put and stare in the direction that Richard had walked. She'd be here should he need help.
"It's true, everyone is different.. It's hard to explain." She shrugged. "I like my job. It keeps me busy and I get to be surrounded by books." That was as good an answer as any considering she didn't have a job at the bookstore.

By the tone of his voice it was pretty obvious that the whole situation about the faire had already been closed. Oh well, she had tried her best.

"I've heard that men can be like that. It sounds like they tend to stay teenagers for a good portion of their lives. The pranks they pull, things they find funny. It never really advances after a certain point in life. I could be wrong though."

Xandria climbed off the motorcycle and couldn't help but glare at the guard. She was honestly suprised that Richard hadn't corrected him when he had said the word 'girlfriend'. Since that hand happened she kept her mouth shut but pulled off the helmet as she watched Richard disappear out of sight.

She wanted to get closer and be able to hear the noises from the container. She might even be able to sneak a peak of what was inside of it should Richard decide to open the door of the container. It would be oh so easy for her to manipulate the guard into getting her way and letting her go through the gate but it would be hard to explain should she be seen by any of the others on the dock. For now she decided to stay put and stare in the direction that Richard had walked. She'd be here should he need help.
"I'm not saying you should quit. If you like your job keep it." He says honestly. "You enjoy what you're doing and are surrounded by what you enjoy." He says.

Richard was only being honest. He was more or less a boring guy. And one that many tended to avoid simply because he was boring and very serious.

"I can't really explain it myself. Though I suppose it's not wrong not wanting to grow up... you know?" He says. "Even though it gets annoying after awhile." He admits.

The guard takes her inside to the security building and sits at his desk typing on the computer. "I'm guessing you and Richard aren't as close as I first thought from that glare. Sorry. But how was I to know?" He asks not even looking at her. "Want coffee or water?" He offers.

Richard walks past several containers all quiet and sealed shut. Until he got to one owned by a private company. He could hear a growl as he approached and as he reached to check the lock the doors exploded outward as whatever inside broke out. Richard himself had his legs crushed by one of the heavy container doors. He was lucky it wasn't worse. Until he saw what was inside... a real life dragon, unless it was a very convincing anamatronic. An alarm began to sound on the docks as fires began to start as the obviously angered and hungry dragon destroyed the place. The guard quickly went to the phone. But the dragon seeing Richard didn't eat him... despite him checking the lock, the human being crushed by the container was the only scent that hasn't loudly banged on the metal trap. It ponders what to do with him...
"I'm not saying you should quit. If you like your job keep it." He says honestly. "You enjoy what you're doing and are surrounded by what you enjoy." He says.

Richard was only being honest. He was more or less a boring guy. And one that many tended to avoid simply because he was boring and very serious.

"I can't really explain it myself. Though I suppose it's not wrong not wanting to grow up... you know?" He says. "Even though it gets annoying after awhile." He admits.

The guard takes her inside to the security building and sits at his desk typing on the computer. "I'm guessing you and Richard aren't as close as I first thought from that glare. Sorry. But how was I to know?" He asks not even looking at her. "Want coffee or water?" He offers.

Richard walks past several containers all quiet and sealed shut. Until he got to one owned by a private company. He could hear a growl as he approached and as he reached to check the lock the doors exploded outward as whatever inside broke out. Richard himself had his legs crushed by one of the heavy container doors. He was lucky it wasn't worse. Until he saw what was inside... a real life dragon, unless it was a very convincing anamatronic. An alarm began to sound on the docks as fires began to start as the obviously angered and hungry dragon destroyed the place. The guard quickly went to the phone. But the dragon seeing Richard didn't eat him... despite him checking the lock, the human being crushed by the container was the only scent that hasn't loudly banged on the metal trap. It ponders what to do with him...
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46