Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | looking for a 1X1 RP
1 2 3 4
The knock at the door caught Aela off-guard. She had popped back to her room to change into a cooler gown - it had gotten awefully hot today. When she spotted the pair of songbirds dancing through the trees outside her window, she had gotten distracted to watch them.

"On my way!" She called, quickly wrapping herself up in a dressing gown and opening the door to her room.

"Oh Storm, come in!" Aela chirped, glad to see the man. She wasn't sure where he had gone but she was glad he was here, she needed help with lacing up the back of her dress.
"Would you mind helping me with this?" She asked, removing her dressing gown and turning around.
The knock at the door caught Aela off-guard. She had popped back to her room to change into a cooler gown - it had gotten awefully hot today. When she spotted the pair of songbirds dancing through the trees outside her window, she had gotten distracted to watch them.

"On my way!" She called, quickly wrapping herself up in a dressing gown and opening the door to her room.

"Oh Storm, come in!" Aela chirped, glad to see the man. She wasn't sure where he had gone but she was glad he was here, she needed help with lacing up the back of her dress.
"Would you mind helping me with this?" She asked, removing her dressing gown and turning around.
Storm just nodded his head but then said," please....next time tell me if your going to stay in your quarters, I had no idea where you was.....and that's the complete opposite of my job."
He was formal mainly because Aela's parents requests he remain so, unlike back when he was with the Tombstone army he was very relaxed and laid back.

He then helped her but it was obvious this wasn't his speciality and he just chuckled slightly saying," I was once a soldier in an army....now I'm just a servant, how times change."
He wasn't moaning he was taking it as a joke, but an element of truth was in there...he longer for days of excitement when he could go out into battle, and protect something worth protecting....the most he has ever fought here was a burglar.

He then said," by the way I have a message from your mother, she wants to see you about Duskfang's boy,"
He then looked around and said," off the record....I don't envy you marry that spoilt brat, Duskfang may be a good military leader, but he is a horrible farther. Keep you eyes open."

( I assume she has already been told about the arranged marriage a long while ago, but it's only recently that it's actually taking effect.)
Storm just nodded his head but then said," please....next time tell me if your going to stay in your quarters, I had no idea where you was.....and that's the complete opposite of my job."
He was formal mainly because Aela's parents requests he remain so, unlike back when he was with the Tombstone army he was very relaxed and laid back.

He then helped her but it was obvious this wasn't his speciality and he just chuckled slightly saying," I was once a soldier in an army....now I'm just a servant, how times change."
He wasn't moaning he was taking it as a joke, but an element of truth was in there...he longer for days of excitement when he could go out into battle, and protect something worth protecting....the most he has ever fought here was a burglar.

He then said," by the way I have a message from your mother, she wants to see you about Duskfang's boy,"
He then looked around and said," off the record....I don't envy you marry that spoilt brat, Duskfang may be a good military leader, but he is a horrible farther. Keep you eyes open."

( I assume she has already been told about the arranged marriage a long while ago, but it's only recently that it's actually taking effect.)
tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif if i am RPing with you and i don't respond don't be afraid to keep pinging me unless i say otherwise.
(It makes sense that since I imagine these things take aaaaages to arrange. Good thinking! Also thank you for starting!)

"I'm sorry Storm." Aela giggled, moving to her wardrobe to get her riding boots and a flowery hat. She had a feeling she would need to let out some steam after seeing her mother.
"I'm just trying to keep things exciting for you. So all that training doesn't go to waste." She quipped playfully, as she walked towards the door. She did feel bad for Storm, it must be hard for him stuck around stuffy aristocrats all day. How petty they must all seem to him. But she was sure his salary made up for it. At least a bit.

"You know his father? Mother tells me he's from an honourable family. Apparently he's a very likeable man." Aela sighed. She tended to avoid thinking about her marriage arrangements. But She trusted Storm's judgement over her mother's by a long shot, and despite the melancholy mood it put her in, she knew very little about the man she was to marry.
(It makes sense that since I imagine these things take aaaaages to arrange. Good thinking! Also thank you for starting!)

"I'm sorry Storm." Aela giggled, moving to her wardrobe to get her riding boots and a flowery hat. She had a feeling she would need to let out some steam after seeing her mother.
"I'm just trying to keep things exciting for you. So all that training doesn't go to waste." She quipped playfully, as she walked towards the door. She did feel bad for Storm, it must be hard for him stuck around stuffy aristocrats all day. How petty they must all seem to him. But she was sure his salary made up for it. At least a bit.

"You know his father? Mother tells me he's from an honourable family. Apparently he's a very likeable man." Aela sighed. She tended to avoid thinking about her marriage arrangements. But She trusted Storm's judgement over her mother's by a long shot, and despite the melancholy mood it put her in, she knew very little about the man she was to marry.
Storm chuckled again saying," just don't go getting yourself lost or killed, because it's my head that's on the block if you do."

He then said," yeah I know Duskfang, he was one of the greatest leaders Tombstone ever knew, he was the one who made the plan that defeated the Elves once for all.......I guess that's why he isn't such a good farther, because he simply didn't have time to be a good one....."

He then looked around again and said," don't tell anyone I said this, but if I was you when you marry this boy, make sure to put him in his place.....he isn't the most intimidating person, so you have what it takes....he doesn't take after his farther....anyway now get going to your mother, I need to go to the main banquet hall.....we are having visitors laters. So I need to make sure the Elves are ready."
Storm chuckled again saying," just don't go getting yourself lost or killed, because it's my head that's on the block if you do."

He then said," yeah I know Duskfang, he was one of the greatest leaders Tombstone ever knew, he was the one who made the plan that defeated the Elves once for all.......I guess that's why he isn't such a good farther, because he simply didn't have time to be a good one....."

He then looked around again and said," don't tell anyone I said this, but if I was you when you marry this boy, make sure to put him in his place.....he isn't the most intimidating person, so you have what it takes....he doesn't take after his farther....anyway now get going to your mother, I need to go to the main banquet hall.....we are having visitors laters. So I need to make sure the Elves are ready."
tumblr_n44y4ljVaJ1qiizr1o3_r1_400.gif if i am RPing with you and i don't respond don't be afraid to keep pinging me unless i say otherwise.
"I'll be sure to keep the boy on a tight leash. If I can handle the fox hounds I'm sure I can handle him." Aela giggled. She appreciated Storm's advice and his faith in her, but something about his warning made her uncomfortable. She had heard stories from friends that had been married off to brutish men and as cute as it was to joke about controlling her future spouse, if he truly terrible there was very little she could do. Aela would rather not think about it until she had to.

"Well good luck with everything then. I'll see you later tonight?" Aela said brightly. She always looked forward to gossiping with Storm about her meetings with her mother.
"I'll be sure to keep the boy on a tight leash. If I can handle the fox hounds I'm sure I can handle him." Aela giggled. She appreciated Storm's advice and his faith in her, but something about his warning made her uncomfortable. She had heard stories from friends that had been married off to brutish men and as cute as it was to joke about controlling her future spouse, if he truly terrible there was very little she could do. Aela would rather not think about it until she had to.

"Well good luck with everything then. I'll see you later tonight?" Aela said brightly. She always looked forward to gossiping with Storm about her meetings with her mother.
Storm then left to go to the slave's quarter's making sure to remind Aela to go find her mother.

When Aela did eventually find her mother, she was sitting at a table talking to her dad.
When Aela's mother saw her, she said," finally, it's good to see you dear...usually me and your farther don't like discussing business around you but this time seems to be an exception.... Please sit."

( do you mind if I control the parents for a bit, because it will work better that way. Also what are her parents names? Sorry it's short I just wanted to ask you these questions first.)
Storm then left to go to the slave's quarter's making sure to remind Aela to go find her mother.

When Aela did eventually find her mother, she was sitting at a table talking to her dad.
When Aela's mother saw her, she said," finally, it's good to see you dear...usually me and your farther don't like discussing business around you but this time seems to be an exception.... Please sit."

( do you mind if I control the parents for a bit, because it will work better that way. Also what are her parents names? Sorry it's short I just wanted to ask you these questions first.)
(Of course not, go for it! I totally understand, so feel free to take it wherever you'd like ^-^ The mother is Alyana, and the father is Ryota or Ryo)

"Oh, I didn't know both of you were here." Aela laughed, trying to hide her discomfort. If father was here too this must mean a serious talk. "It's good to see you both." She said politely as she sat down in a plush chair near her parents. It wasn't a lie, her parents were often busy and it was rare that she got a chance to see them both together. Aela just wished it could have been under different circumstances.
(Of course not, go for it! I totally understand, so feel free to take it wherever you'd like ^-^ The mother is Alyana, and the father is Ryota or Ryo)

"Oh, I didn't know both of you were here." Aela laughed, trying to hide her discomfort. If father was here too this must mean a serious talk. "It's good to see you both." She said politely as she sat down in a plush chair near her parents. It wasn't a lie, her parents were often busy and it was rare that she got a chance to see them both together. Aela just wished it could have been under different circumstances.
Alyana just said," I just wanted to inform you that we are expecting very important visitors for a meal soon, so we want you to look your best and join us."
Ryota then said," you have hear of Duskfang correct? The military leader, well he is the guest in our household if we manage to impress him tonight with this meal he may look upon our family more favourably.... He is also bringing his son."

Alyana said with a mix of commanding tone and a calm and nice tone," maybe you could show him around the household and get to know his son better....it would make it better for you, and you never know you may enjoy his company."
Ryota then said with a sort of business like tone " since we want to impress them also, we have requested the Elves to be the servers for this meal...I know usually I don't like having those dirty creatures in the main hall but since this is a special occasion I decided it would be necessary..... Also I would like you to inform your bodyguard that he is to attend the meal, that way it might look for us if he sees that we have personal guards."
Alyana just said," I just wanted to inform you that we are expecting very important visitors for a meal soon, so we want you to look your best and join us."
Ryota then said," you have hear of Duskfang correct? The military leader, well he is the guest in our household if we manage to impress him tonight with this meal he may look upon our family more favourably.... He is also bringing his son."

Alyana said with a mix of commanding tone and a calm and nice tone," maybe you could show him around the household and get to know his son better....it would make it better for you, and you never know you may enjoy his company."
Ryota then said with a sort of business like tone " since we want to impress them also, we have requested the Elves to be the servers for this meal...I know usually I don't like having those dirty creatures in the main hall but since this is a special occasion I decided it would be necessary..... Also I would like you to inform your bodyguard that he is to attend the meal, that way it might look for us if he sees that we have personal guards."
The nerves hit Aela like a ton on bricks. This was all becoming scarily real and she wasn't at all ready for it. This was so unfair! She didn't even know this boy and now she had to marry him?
But what other option did she have?

"Thank you for letting me know. I'll be on my best behaviour." Aela smiled brightly, trying to hide her disappointment. "I will inform Storm and prepare right away. Father, I think I'll wear those pearls you gave me last summer."
She knew it wasn't healthy for her to try distract herself like this but she could think of nothing else, short of running to her room and sobbing all night. And that wouldn't help anyone.

"Was there anything else you'd like to discuss?" Aela asked, as she stood to leave, adjusting her skirt nervously as she waited for an answer.

(Oh by the way I finally got around to drawing Aela. I'll add it to her info sheet!)
The nerves hit Aela like a ton on bricks. This was all becoming scarily real and she wasn't at all ready for it. This was so unfair! She didn't even know this boy and now she had to marry him?
But what other option did she have?

"Thank you for letting me know. I'll be on my best behaviour." Aela smiled brightly, trying to hide her disappointment. "I will inform Storm and prepare right away. Father, I think I'll wear those pearls you gave me last summer."
She knew it wasn't healthy for her to try distract herself like this but she could think of nothing else, short of running to her room and sobbing all night. And that wouldn't help anyone.

"Was there anything else you'd like to discuss?" Aela asked, as she stood to leave, adjusting her skirt nervously as she waited for an answer.

(Oh by the way I finally got around to drawing Aela. I'll add it to her info sheet!)
Ryota just shook his head," that is all, your dismissed."
They then continued making preperations as Aela left.

Storm was in the guard quarters reading, for the first time in a long while he actually had some spare time.
In his mind this meal would give him even more free time because they won't need him, after all why would they?
He has never eaten with the main family so why start today, surprisingly despite being a bodyguard for Aela fhe only interaction with her parents was when he was given orders by them.
Ryota just shook his head," that is all, your dismissed."
They then continued making preperations as Aela left.

Storm was in the guard quarters reading, for the first time in a long while he actually had some spare time.
In his mind this meal would give him even more free time because they won't need him, after all why would they?
He has never eaten with the main family so why start today, surprisingly despite being a bodyguard for Aela fhe only interaction with her parents was when he was given orders by them.
1 2 3 4