Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] The Cataclysmic
1 2 3
Mari frowned as his character was killed in the second wave. His screen flashed "You lose" in bold red letters as he crossed his arms and pouted lightly. "Can I... touch the thing?" He asked, eyeing the machine with curiosity.

In reality, he wished to take the thing apart to see what it was made of, but refrained from asking to dismantle it and instead asked to inspect it.
Mari frowned as his character was killed in the second wave. His screen flashed "You lose" in bold red letters as he crossed his arms and pouted lightly. "Can I... touch the thing?" He asked, eyeing the machine with curiosity.

In reality, he wished to take the thing apart to see what it was made of, but refrained from asking to dismantle it and instead asked to inspect it.
tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif
used to be SoullessRogue/SoullessARMY
lost|20|she/he/they|isfj-t|omnisexual/romantic|fr+2
send me a friend request or message, i'm happy to chat~ if you need help or have any questions i'm always open!

wishlist|Hibernal Den Item Trading Hub|i'll pay you to brew!
tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif
Oh, uh hey yeah I'm going on a hiatus for about a week ;-;
Oh, uh hey yeah I'm going on a hiatus for about a week ;-;
tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif
send me a friend request or message, i'm happy to chat~ if you need help or have any questions i'm always open!

tumblr_inline_mmxswaUumx1qz4rgp.gif tumblr_inline_p7w055E7yG1snulow_75sq.gif tumblr_inline_mv8czvMKYv1qid2nw.gif
( Oh okay ;-; let me know when your back! )

Lloyd purposely got himself killed by the tenth wave of the game, ignoring the "Game Over" screen, when Mari had asked about touching the automaton. His thoughts flooded with possibilities about what might happen. Perhaps the robot would do nothing as Mari would just briefly caress its outer rough and rusty and solid metallic body that had the color of rust and maroon combined. Or grab Mari's arm and flip him upside down and crack his head. Or just invite him to dance? Lloyd didn't know, because Toros was so much unlike the other automatons.

The man knew much about those types of automatons, but because he didn't make them, he was oblivious to certain aspects of these 8-and-half foot tall fighters. They were bulky and tough, and they were merciless. They weren't for dancing, telling jokes, or mimicking speech. They were purely built to kill and destroy, and there were dozens of tools of destruction embedded in these solid bodies of metal.

"Sure, but don't blame me if it grabs your arm and starts forcing you to dance," Lloyd warned, rather more jokingly than seriously. By dance he meant eliminate. But he believed that the robot wouldn't do such a thing. Toros was rather the strangest of the entire automaton army, the most unpredictable too, and by far hadn't hurt a human since he landed on Earth. It would rather ward them off with its huge body and creep others out than actually begin an assault. Lloyd didn't know why it acted this way, as if it knew humans better than the level of a killer robot would. Even then, Lloyd believed deeply that at some point, when he's not looking, it could still kill a human really easily, and it would drive all the other Earthlings insane, and then Lloyd would have to undergo even worse trouble than what he's already in.

Toros was standing still, hands on its side, it's stoic and stolid look still staring at Mari, but then the robot's eyes flickered slightly. Something in its system was telling it to kill, but then at the same time, see the stranger Earthling to be not a threat. It's eyes stopped flickering at this point, but they still glowed red as it always has been. It was ready to welcome Mari.
( Oh okay ;-; let me know when your back! )

Lloyd purposely got himself killed by the tenth wave of the game, ignoring the "Game Over" screen, when Mari had asked about touching the automaton. His thoughts flooded with possibilities about what might happen. Perhaps the robot would do nothing as Mari would just briefly caress its outer rough and rusty and solid metallic body that had the color of rust and maroon combined. Or grab Mari's arm and flip him upside down and crack his head. Or just invite him to dance? Lloyd didn't know, because Toros was so much unlike the other automatons.

The man knew much about those types of automatons, but because he didn't make them, he was oblivious to certain aspects of these 8-and-half foot tall fighters. They were bulky and tough, and they were merciless. They weren't for dancing, telling jokes, or mimicking speech. They were purely built to kill and destroy, and there were dozens of tools of destruction embedded in these solid bodies of metal.

"Sure, but don't blame me if it grabs your arm and starts forcing you to dance," Lloyd warned, rather more jokingly than seriously. By dance he meant eliminate. But he believed that the robot wouldn't do such a thing. Toros was rather the strangest of the entire automaton army, the most unpredictable too, and by far hadn't hurt a human since he landed on Earth. It would rather ward them off with its huge body and creep others out than actually begin an assault. Lloyd didn't know why it acted this way, as if it knew humans better than the level of a killer robot would. Even then, Lloyd believed deeply that at some point, when he's not looking, it could still kill a human really easily, and it would drive all the other Earthlings insane, and then Lloyd would have to undergo even worse trouble than what he's already in.

Toros was standing still, hands on its side, it's stoic and stolid look still staring at Mari, but then the robot's eyes flickered slightly. Something in its system was telling it to kill, but then at the same time, see the stranger Earthling to be not a threat. It's eyes stopped flickering at this point, but they still glowed red as it always has been. It was ready to welcome Mari.
Flight_Rising_Signature.png
((I'm back now :DDD))

Mari's giddiness leaked like a child about to receive a lollipop. His lips quirked upwards into a little grin as he snapped a pair of latex gloves (which were in his pocket) onto his hands. He swiftly walked around to the back of the robot and began searching for any indicator of bolts, screws, or any binding pieces. He marveled how the robot was made, and wondered who made it.

He became a little lost in thought and began muttering. "Alloy? No. Titanium? No." He tapped his chin. "Steel byproduct? Maybe… Type of binding…" He trailed off and prodded the back of one of the robot's limbs, at the joint, and searched for the balljoint or piece that held it together. "If it's rusted… three thousand? Maybe two… Or a short-lasting agent…" His eyes glimmered.

He turned his head to Lloyd. "I've never seen the material that this robot is made out of before, Lloyd. Do you have any idea what it is or where it's from?" He pondered, adding, "If you don't mind of course."
((I'm back now :DDD))

Mari's giddiness leaked like a child about to receive a lollipop. His lips quirked upwards into a little grin as he snapped a pair of latex gloves (which were in his pocket) onto his hands. He swiftly walked around to the back of the robot and began searching for any indicator of bolts, screws, or any binding pieces. He marveled how the robot was made, and wondered who made it.

He became a little lost in thought and began muttering. "Alloy? No. Titanium? No." He tapped his chin. "Steel byproduct? Maybe… Type of binding…" He trailed off and prodded the back of one of the robot's limbs, at the joint, and searched for the balljoint or piece that held it together. "If it's rusted… three thousand? Maybe two… Or a short-lasting agent…" His eyes glimmered.

He turned his head to Lloyd. "I've never seen the material that this robot is made out of before, Lloyd. Do you have any idea what it is or where it's from?" He pondered, adding, "If you don't mind of course."

Lloyd watched as Mari did his thing, unsure of what he was up to. The robot didn't move much whatsoever.

"Uh," Lloyd tried to create a reasonable answer. "It's got a pretty hard metallic surface, I think of steel? I really didn't create this thing anyways, it was my pal's."

The robot's back had a single plate bind to its back by screws and nails. Behind this square plate was the deactivate and activate switch, as well as the place where it indicates how much battery power was left. The plate was intact to the body, albeit a little scratched.
Lloyd watched as Mari did his thing, unsure of what he was up to. The robot didn't move much whatsoever.

"Uh," Lloyd tried to create a reasonable answer. "It's got a pretty hard metallic surface, I think of steel? I really didn't create this thing anyways, it was my pal's."

The robot's back had a single plate bind to its back by screws and nails. Behind this square plate was the deactivate and activate switch, as well as the place where it indicates how much battery power was left. The plate was intact to the body, albeit a little scratched.
Mari spotted the bolts holding the bot's back plate on. "Oil? No evidence… Battery? Probably, maybe electric.

He wondered what the bot had gone through to get the scratches decorating its metal, but figured Lloyd wouldn't know the answer. He chuckled lightly. "I'm sorry, I must be boring you." He apologized. "I just really like robots and machines and the like."

As he was explaining his phone rang in his jeans' pocket. He quickly swiped to answer the call and stuck the phone to his ear, not realizing he had cut off Lloyd's chance at a response to his previous statement. "What do you need my cariad?" He spoke into the phone, a playful smile on his lips.

The voice on the other side of the phone would've been too muffled for a normal person to hear as it replied. "Someone stole my lili."

Mari's smile faltered. "My cariad, what did you say?" He asked in a tentatively frightened tone, his eyes narrowing.

"Lili marwolaeth is gone." The monotonous voice responded once again.

Mari cursed under his breath, spoke quickly into the phone saying he would be back soon, then hastily said goodbye to Lloyd. "I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but I must be going." He dashed off, grabbing Faloe and running out the door towards his car.

He whispered into Faloe's ear when he started complaining about being taken out of the arcade. "Lili marwolaeth is gone, my cariad just told me." Was all it took to shut Faloe up.
Mari spotted the bolts holding the bot's back plate on. "Oil? No evidence… Battery? Probably, maybe electric.

He wondered what the bot had gone through to get the scratches decorating its metal, but figured Lloyd wouldn't know the answer. He chuckled lightly. "I'm sorry, I must be boring you." He apologized. "I just really like robots and machines and the like."

As he was explaining his phone rang in his jeans' pocket. He quickly swiped to answer the call and stuck the phone to his ear, not realizing he had cut off Lloyd's chance at a response to his previous statement. "What do you need my cariad?" He spoke into the phone, a playful smile on his lips.

The voice on the other side of the phone would've been too muffled for a normal person to hear as it replied. "Someone stole my lili."

Mari's smile faltered. "My cariad, what did you say?" He asked in a tentatively frightened tone, his eyes narrowing.

"Lili marwolaeth is gone." The monotonous voice responded once again.

Mari cursed under his breath, spoke quickly into the phone saying he would be back soon, then hastily said goodbye to Lloyd. "I'm sorry to leave so suddenly, but I must be going." He dashed off, grabbing Faloe and running out the door towards his car.

He whispered into Faloe's ear when he started complaining about being taken out of the arcade. "Lili marwolaeth is gone, my cariad just told me." Was all it took to shut Faloe up.

Lloyd was about to speak but it seemed like the phone had gotten the attention of Mari first. Unfazed, he leaned against an arcade machine, waiting for the call to end.

"Leaving just like that?" he asked, but then he shook his head with a little dull giggle. "Whatever, I'll see you later, then."

He didn't seem too optimistic, but he shrugged. He wondered what was with cariad.

The man soon followed to the exit, seeing that his play time was over. He gazed after the hurrying Mari and Faloe, wondering if he'll see them again for another round of games, although he was certain he'll have to get other people to convince.
Lloyd was about to speak but it seemed like the phone had gotten the attention of Mari first. Unfazed, he leaned against an arcade machine, waiting for the call to end.

"Leaving just like that?" he asked, but then he shook his head with a little dull giggle. "Whatever, I'll see you later, then."

He didn't seem too optimistic, but he shrugged. He wondered what was with cariad.

The man soon followed to the exit, seeing that his play time was over. He gazed after the hurrying Mari and Faloe, wondering if he'll see them again for another round of games, although he was certain he'll have to get other people to convince.
((I may be having a little fun with this part))

Mari stuffed his keys into the ignition and turned his car on in one swift motion, quickly driving out of the parking lot.

Faloe fidgeted in his seat. "Has someone figured out how to extract the pure stuff without killing it?" He whispered, like someone might be listening in.

Mari chewed his lip. "I hope not. My cariad is supposed to be the only one that knows how..." He trailed off, gripping the steering wheel tight as he slowed down for a red light. "I have a client coming in later today, so I'm gonna need you to go out with my cariad to Triptych. Get as much info from the daddy as you can. Got it? And do not, I repeat, do not leave my cariad's side. Use the ring if you have to."
((I may be having a little fun with this part))

Mari stuffed his keys into the ignition and turned his car on in one swift motion, quickly driving out of the parking lot.

Faloe fidgeted in his seat. "Has someone figured out how to extract the pure stuff without killing it?" He whispered, like someone might be listening in.

Mari chewed his lip. "I hope not. My cariad is supposed to be the only one that knows how..." He trailed off, gripping the steering wheel tight as he slowed down for a red light. "I have a client coming in later today, so I'm gonna need you to go out with my cariad to Triptych. Get as much info from the daddy as you can. Got it? And do not, I repeat, do not leave my cariad's side. Use the ring if you have to."

(( Oh man, it's been awhile... I wonder if they'll come back ;-; ))

Lloyd slowly strolled out the arcade and watched as Mari and Faloe went into their car and drove swiftly away into the night. He stretched and yawned, figuring they were having some sort of urgent occasion.

Without looking back, he headed slowly back to his only home, which was hidden away from the town and city, parked far off from the large population of humans. He knew the walk would be long, but it was totally fine with him since he enjoyed walking.

Toros followed right behind in the same slow pace as Lloyd, not minding anyone except for this white-haired man. There were still going to be so many things to do tomorrow...

(( Dunno if there will be a time-skip or such... ))
(( Oh man, it's been awhile... I wonder if they'll come back ;-; ))

Lloyd slowly strolled out the arcade and watched as Mari and Faloe went into their car and drove swiftly away into the night. He stretched and yawned, figuring they were having some sort of urgent occasion.

Without looking back, he headed slowly back to his only home, which was hidden away from the town and city, parked far off from the large population of humans. He knew the walk would be long, but it was totally fine with him since he enjoyed walking.

Toros followed right behind in the same slow pace as Lloyd, not minding anyone except for this white-haired man. There were still going to be so many things to do tomorrow...

(( Dunno if there will be a time-skip or such... ))
1 2 3