Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A Taste of Power - PART TWO (OPEN RP)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77 78
Moi gasped. "He was? I didn't know! That must be very fun for him! He can swim!"

With a jump, they hopped onto the crocodile's back. They gestured for the Valkyrie to come to- they were certain the bird was important, anyways.

They laid down on the back of the crocodile. "What's it like, being able to shift?" They looked at the Alotte. "Bird, do you think shifting is fun?"
Moi gasped. "He was? I didn't know! That must be very fun for him! He can swim!"

With a jump, they hopped onto the crocodile's back. They gestured for the Valkyrie to come to- they were certain the bird was important, anyways.

They laid down on the back of the crocodile. "What's it like, being able to shift?" They looked at the Alotte. "Bird, do you think shifting is fun?"
tumblr_ozt2q91f2f1w8xkufo6_250.png
Alotte waited for them to move, defiantly not sitting on the gators back as she stretched her wings. Giving a cold and silent look to them, she looked down at her claws slowly.

Her talons twitched under she sharp eye, before she looked back up and gave a small screech.
Alotte waited for them to move, defiantly not sitting on the gators back as she stretched her wings. Giving a cold and silent look to them, she looked down at her claws slowly.

Her talons twitched under she sharp eye, before she looked back up and gave a small screech.
not super active :(

he/they/xey
Valdis got into position, making sure that no one was going to fall off of her back, she swiftly leaped onto the crocodile's back. Carefully lowered herself so that everyone could slide off of her before she'd place herself down on her haunches, sitting beside Moi. She'd soon shifted back to her human form, looking over to Moi with her usual grin "Yeah though Mark doesn't have much chance to fight in his beast form, it's inconvenient either way since we're remain on dry lands for most of the time."

The now woman chuckled quietly before she gave her arm a stretch, her muscles felt sore and she was getting a bit fatigue, she raised an eyebrow at Moi's question "Now that's a hard one.." She murmured, as for Shifters, the transforming progress just felt like changing clothes, it didn't felt much different but to be more powerful and deadly that way "For us.. well.. I guess you could say that we have a much stronger connection to the beast inside of us when we shift. You'd be careful not to get carried away by the desire for the power that you possessed. It can be a bit overwhelming, but overall, not as bad as most people would think." She explained carefully, her eyes trained on Moi as she spoke though only winced a bit as they went to address the bird again.

Valdis turned to look down at the crocodile they were on "How long do you think till we reach our destination?"
Valdis got into position, making sure that no one was going to fall off of her back, she swiftly leaped onto the crocodile's back. Carefully lowered herself so that everyone could slide off of her before she'd place herself down on her haunches, sitting beside Moi. She'd soon shifted back to her human form, looking over to Moi with her usual grin "Yeah though Mark doesn't have much chance to fight in his beast form, it's inconvenient either way since we're remain on dry lands for most of the time."

The now woman chuckled quietly before she gave her arm a stretch, her muscles felt sore and she was getting a bit fatigue, she raised an eyebrow at Moi's question "Now that's a hard one.." She murmured, as for Shifters, the transforming progress just felt like changing clothes, it didn't felt much different but to be more powerful and deadly that way "For us.. well.. I guess you could say that we have a much stronger connection to the beast inside of us when we shift. You'd be careful not to get carried away by the desire for the power that you possessed. It can be a bit overwhelming, but overall, not as bad as most people would think." She explained carefully, her eyes trained on Moi as she spoke though only winced a bit as they went to address the bird again.

Valdis turned to look down at the crocodile they were on "How long do you think till we reach our destination?"
"It can be fun. It can be scary, too. You always hear about the shifters like Valdis," the crocodile rumbled a laugh, "and that's all very well and good, but imagine being that one shifter born with the form of a small fish. Not fun." It grinned. "I've been a fish. It's... interesting. I don't know, several days if we keep going like this?"

It shook itself before setting off, after making sure everyone was on its back. It closed its eyes contentedly, swimming up the river strongly. To think, this morning she had been sitting in a cell, and since then she'd fought a small battle, destroyed Dragontooth, and flown them halfway across the map.

The crocodile swam fast upriver, even though the current was against it. The water flowed around them, murky and fast flowing, and probably deep. The forest morphed into a deeper forest, which stretched on and on until they emerged at a bowl lake. Thick, hilly forests surrounded it, and the murky water was tinged a little red, as though somewhere beneath the surface a deposit of iron was leaking into it. The crocodile dragged itself up to the shore on the northern end. "We can rest here. It's been a long day for all of us."
"It can be fun. It can be scary, too. You always hear about the shifters like Valdis," the crocodile rumbled a laugh, "and that's all very well and good, but imagine being that one shifter born with the form of a small fish. Not fun." It grinned. "I've been a fish. It's... interesting. I don't know, several days if we keep going like this?"

It shook itself before setting off, after making sure everyone was on its back. It closed its eyes contentedly, swimming up the river strongly. To think, this morning she had been sitting in a cell, and since then she'd fought a small battle, destroyed Dragontooth, and flown them halfway across the map.

The crocodile swam fast upriver, even though the current was against it. The water flowed around them, murky and fast flowing, and probably deep. The forest morphed into a deeper forest, which stretched on and on until they emerged at a bowl lake. Thick, hilly forests surrounded it, and the murky water was tinged a little red, as though somewhere beneath the surface a deposit of iron was leaking into it. The crocodile dragged itself up to the shore on the northern end. "We can rest here. It's been a long day for all of us."
sYUjWuT.png3oK9yVt.png37yDNJ7.pngY9UJi8K.png
Alotte had followed by air, her wigs flickering up and down as she glided behind them. As soon as they all stopped for the break, the bird vanished as she flew off to hunt.

A few minutes later, she returned with a bass, her body weighed down as she dropped it by them. She wasn't too hungry, and besides, she could eat the leftovers now.
Alotte had followed by air, her wigs flickering up and down as she glided behind them. As soon as they all stopped for the break, the bird vanished as she flew off to hunt.

A few minutes later, she returned with a bass, her body weighed down as she dropped it by them. She wasn't too hungry, and besides, she could eat the leftovers now.

he/they/xey
Moi nodded. "That doesn't sound very fun, I think, but you could get a lot of adventures though! So many."

They watched as the crocodile brought them all up stream. It was strangley peaceful to watch. They stayed silent the entire time, watching their surroundings.

As they went to the shore, they jumped off and landed. They gave the Night Spirit a grateful pat.

"Thank you for the ride!" They said. "It's a very nice place to rest."

They yawned. They nearly slept, until they saw the discolouration of the water. Curious, they nearly leaned into touch it, before a memory struck them. The runes on their body shimmered once more.

"Mel, stay away from the water! I told you before-

"Iron hurts faries," they murmured, almost to themselves. Their voice seemed to shift, as if they were much older than they seemed to be. "But if I'm not a fairy.."

As if tempting fate, they reached out in the water. They pulled back almost quickly as they put it in. It didn't hurt them a bit.

"Huh," they said, blankly. They shrugged, and turned to face the group. They gave out a quiet yelp as they saw the Night Spirit. "Who in the world are you?" They looked at the group of unconcious people. "What even-?"

They were jolted from their suprise as the bird came in, with a bass. "....How, even?" They said, dumbfounded.
Moi nodded. "That doesn't sound very fun, I think, but you could get a lot of adventures though! So many."

They watched as the crocodile brought them all up stream. It was strangley peaceful to watch. They stayed silent the entire time, watching their surroundings.

As they went to the shore, they jumped off and landed. They gave the Night Spirit a grateful pat.

"Thank you for the ride!" They said. "It's a very nice place to rest."

They yawned. They nearly slept, until they saw the discolouration of the water. Curious, they nearly leaned into touch it, before a memory struck them. The runes on their body shimmered once more.

"Mel, stay away from the water! I told you before-

"Iron hurts faries," they murmured, almost to themselves. Their voice seemed to shift, as if they were much older than they seemed to be. "But if I'm not a fairy.."

As if tempting fate, they reached out in the water. They pulled back almost quickly as they put it in. It didn't hurt them a bit.

"Huh," they said, blankly. They shrugged, and turned to face the group. They gave out a quiet yelp as they saw the Night Spirit. "Who in the world are you?" They looked at the group of unconcious people. "What even-?"

They were jolted from their suprise as the bird came in, with a bass. "....How, even?" They said, dumbfounded.
The Night Spirit patted the ground in a circle, settling down. "You know us, remember?" She said, perfectly calmly, as though sudden memory loss was normal. "Now come and sleep. We have another long stretch tomorrow." She pushed the fish towards the others. "Thank you, Valkyrie."
The Night Spirit patted the ground in a circle, settling down. "You know us, remember?" She said, perfectly calmly, as though sudden memory loss was normal. "Now come and sleep. We have another long stretch tomorrow." She pushed the fish towards the others. "Thank you, Valkyrie."
Moi simply stared at her blankly.

"Yes, my dear crocodile, I am absolutley sure I know you. It would be impossible for me to forget such a big crocodile. Wow. Are we learning things today or what?" They said sarcastically.

"And I'd prefer an explanation before I sleep. Who are you, and where am I?" They grumbled. They paused, then added quickly, "Also why am I always a reed now, that's weird."

They gave a confused look at the bird. "Er. Thanks, Valkyrie. Is that your name or are you a Valkyrie forced to be a tiny bird?"

Moi simply stared at her blankly.

"Yes, my dear crocodile, I am absolutley sure I know you. It would be impossible for me to forget such a big crocodile. Wow. Are we learning things today or what?" They said sarcastically.

"And I'd prefer an explanation before I sleep. Who are you, and where am I?" They grumbled. They paused, then added quickly, "Also why am I always a reed now, that's weird."

They gave a confused look at the bird. "Er. Thanks, Valkyrie. Is that your name or are you a Valkyrie forced to be a tiny bird?"

Alotte landed and stuck her wings up, it would be so much easier to just tell them she had died in her other body, but she was a bird at the moment. Cleaning a wing, she glanced around slightly as she did so.
Alotte landed and stuck her wings up, it would be so much easier to just tell them she had died in her other body, but she was a bird at the moment. Cleaning a wing, she glanced around slightly as she did so.

he/they/xey
The crocodile laughed, picking up Moi in its mouth. "Sarcasm doesn't suit you, little fairy." It plopped them down with the others. "Go to sleep and worry about other things later."
The crocodile laughed, picking up Moi in its mouth. "Sarcasm doesn't suit you, little fairy." It plopped them down with the others. "Go to sleep and worry about other things later."
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 77 78