Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | F.C. Reboot
1 2 3 4
@CosmicSymbols One day I shall make you proud with my response speed

Quinn watched Val go as they calmed themselves down. Rubbing the sting away from the smack, Quinn almost missed Jamie's frantic shouts. Walking over and peeking through the bars, they gave Jamie a small shaky smile. "Its okay Jamie.... They have done worse to me."

Should they tell them? They wanted to, they felt like these two deserved to know who was working behind the scenes, but fear held them back. Chewing their bottom lip in worry, they open their mouth to gush their heart out. When strange people came storming down the hall. Shrinking away from the door with panicked eyes, they reached for the powers buried deep inside but found nothing to be of use to it.

Whimpering like a scared cornered animal, Quinn shaked their head no and whimpered for them to go away. The guards just ignored their pleas, and snapped a white collar around their neck and chained their hands to it. One guard looked to his colleagues and pointed to the other twos cells. Wordlessly they went off to "gather" the other two, preparing to take them to the arena.
@CosmicSymbols One day I shall make you proud with my response speed

Quinn watched Val go as they calmed themselves down. Rubbing the sting away from the smack, Quinn almost missed Jamie's frantic shouts. Walking over and peeking through the bars, they gave Jamie a small shaky smile. "Its okay Jamie.... They have done worse to me."

Should they tell them? They wanted to, they felt like these two deserved to know who was working behind the scenes, but fear held them back. Chewing their bottom lip in worry, they open their mouth to gush their heart out. When strange people came storming down the hall. Shrinking away from the door with panicked eyes, they reached for the powers buried deep inside but found nothing to be of use to it.

Whimpering like a scared cornered animal, Quinn shaked their head no and whimpered for them to go away. The guards just ignored their pleas, and snapped a white collar around their neck and chained their hands to it. One guard looked to his colleagues and pointed to the other twos cells. Wordlessly they went off to "gather" the other two, preparing to take them to the arena.
@Foxbrush 'Tis all good my dude.
James "Jamie" Marianum

"Worse? Do you kno--" Jamie tried to probe Quinn for more, but he was cut off by strange people bursting into his room. He backed away from the door as fast as he could. Jamie slid out his spikes, which caused his body to ache more than normal. To his surprize, his hands felt full, as if he was holding something. Jamie glanced down. His mouth grew dry as he gazed upon the blade-like thorns reaching the floor.

"Subject shows signs of hostility; units authorized to use force." One of the people responded into the collar of his shirt.

"Wait! No! I didn't mean to... I-" Jamie pleaded as he raised his arms. The people in white moved aside for a large figure with a long pole. The sterile stick had an unsettling white collar strapped to the top. With one swift motion, the big guy had Jamie at his mercy. With the angle of the pole choking him, the others managed to secure his arms to the collar's chains.

Jamie was walked out of the room like a stray dog to animal control's van. He was the one forced to lead the deathmarch, needing all the elbow room to be classified as 'safe'. The collar was so tight he couldn't turn his head towards the commotion behind.

Vera Piui Hato

The stomping of footsteps and whimpers gave Vera enough time to get out of sight. She pressed herself against the wall of the door, making sure she was on the side of the hinges. Without warning, the door busted open. Three people dressed in white walked into the room. The looked around, almost confused.

Vera waited until one of them was in the perfect position. She grabbed the woman's head and slammed it against the concrete wall. The remaining two snapped their heads in the direction of the noise, but Vera was already at the closest. She gave him a solid kick to the shoulder, followed by a punch to the temple. The man dropped in a dizzying stupor. The other man rushed Vera, but she fled. She made it to the hallway before being tackled to the smooth floor. The man pinned her down while the woman from before fastened the collar.

It was at this that Vera started to shriek. She screeched and hollered, but not with fear and desperation. She roared with years of pent up rage.
"I'LL F*CKING KILL YOU!! I'LL KILL YOU WORTHLESS BA$$T@RDS!! I'LL TEAR YOU ALL TO SHREDS!! I'LL MAKE THE SKIES RAIN WITH THE BLOOD OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! I SWEAR TO WHATEVER TWISTED GOD THERE IS, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!" Sure, she was mad, scratch that, furious, but she knew what she was doing. Hanging around biker gangs taught her more than a few things about intimidation and incarceration. She knew she was treading into pathetically insane territory, yet she kept her threats full of conviction and malice. Fake it 'til you make it and all that.

Vera glowered at Quinn as she was marched passed them.
"If I find that you had anything to do with this, those promises apply to you too!" As soon as the venom escaped her lips, she faltered slightly. She didn't mean it, truly, but she was just about at her breaking point. Vera swallowed her regret, and focused on making a scene. She thrashed then went limp, tried to sprint in random directions, generally was a nuisance, and repeat. All the while, screaming her lungs out.

It got so bad that the people in white had to carry her to their destination. She was the first to be tossed into a room. She slammed into the heavy door as her screams morphed into deep sobs. Her dark make-up ran down her face. It painted the upper half of her cheeks with warrior paint of defeat. Eventually, she stopped. It would be no use to sit in the floor and feel sorry for herself. Vera decided to investigate her new surroundings. Even through blurry eyes, it was clear it wasn't nearly as clean as the other one. The tile looked chipped and stained. The same went for the wall, but with a few extra decorations. Deep scratches, burn marks, and a few stains of varying colours other than red.

At the other side of the chamber, a similar door paralleled the first. Vera strode towards it. It was as damaged as the rest of the room, yet there was something odd about it. The door had huge dents in it, but they protruded into the room. Something excessively big, and profoundly strong must have hit the other side of the door. Normally, Vera wouldn't care for the dangers awaiting, but being down an arm and having that restrained made her wary of her chances.

({Who do you think should fight each other first?})
@Foxbrush 'Tis all good my dude.
James "Jamie" Marianum

"Worse? Do you kno--" Jamie tried to probe Quinn for more, but he was cut off by strange people bursting into his room. He backed away from the door as fast as he could. Jamie slid out his spikes, which caused his body to ache more than normal. To his surprize, his hands felt full, as if he was holding something. Jamie glanced down. His mouth grew dry as he gazed upon the blade-like thorns reaching the floor.

"Subject shows signs of hostility; units authorized to use force." One of the people responded into the collar of his shirt.

"Wait! No! I didn't mean to... I-" Jamie pleaded as he raised his arms. The people in white moved aside for a large figure with a long pole. The sterile stick had an unsettling white collar strapped to the top. With one swift motion, the big guy had Jamie at his mercy. With the angle of the pole choking him, the others managed to secure his arms to the collar's chains.

Jamie was walked out of the room like a stray dog to animal control's van. He was the one forced to lead the deathmarch, needing all the elbow room to be classified as 'safe'. The collar was so tight he couldn't turn his head towards the commotion behind.

Vera Piui Hato

The stomping of footsteps and whimpers gave Vera enough time to get out of sight. She pressed herself against the wall of the door, making sure she was on the side of the hinges. Without warning, the door busted open. Three people dressed in white walked into the room. The looked around, almost confused.

Vera waited until one of them was in the perfect position. She grabbed the woman's head and slammed it against the concrete wall. The remaining two snapped their heads in the direction of the noise, but Vera was already at the closest. She gave him a solid kick to the shoulder, followed by a punch to the temple. The man dropped in a dizzying stupor. The other man rushed Vera, but she fled. She made it to the hallway before being tackled to the smooth floor. The man pinned her down while the woman from before fastened the collar.

It was at this that Vera started to shriek. She screeched and hollered, but not with fear and desperation. She roared with years of pent up rage.
"I'LL F*CKING KILL YOU!! I'LL KILL YOU WORTHLESS BA$$T@RDS!! I'LL TEAR YOU ALL TO SHREDS!! I'LL MAKE THE SKIES RAIN WITH THE BLOOD OF YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!! I SWEAR TO WHATEVER TWISTED GOD THERE IS, YOU WILL REGRET THIS!" Sure, she was mad, scratch that, furious, but she knew what she was doing. Hanging around biker gangs taught her more than a few things about intimidation and incarceration. She knew she was treading into pathetically insane territory, yet she kept her threats full of conviction and malice. Fake it 'til you make it and all that.

Vera glowered at Quinn as she was marched passed them.
"If I find that you had anything to do with this, those promises apply to you too!" As soon as the venom escaped her lips, she faltered slightly. She didn't mean it, truly, but she was just about at her breaking point. Vera swallowed her regret, and focused on making a scene. She thrashed then went limp, tried to sprint in random directions, generally was a nuisance, and repeat. All the while, screaming her lungs out.

It got so bad that the people in white had to carry her to their destination. She was the first to be tossed into a room. She slammed into the heavy door as her screams morphed into deep sobs. Her dark make-up ran down her face. It painted the upper half of her cheeks with warrior paint of defeat. Eventually, she stopped. It would be no use to sit in the floor and feel sorry for herself. Vera decided to investigate her new surroundings. Even through blurry eyes, it was clear it wasn't nearly as clean as the other one. The tile looked chipped and stained. The same went for the wall, but with a few extra decorations. Deep scratches, burn marks, and a few stains of varying colours other than red.

At the other side of the chamber, a similar door paralleled the first. Vera strode towards it. It was as damaged as the rest of the room, yet there was something odd about it. The door had huge dents in it, but they protruded into the room. Something excessively big, and profoundly strong must have hit the other side of the door. Normally, Vera wouldn't care for the dangers awaiting, but being down an arm and having that restrained made her wary of her chances.

({Who do you think should fight each other first?})
Just call me Cos! 24, Any/All.
HJLIYn4.png
Roleplayer |Artist | Feral Alien
+4h FR time
@Foxbrush

Did I go too emo? I feel as though I may have gone too emo.
@Foxbrush

Did I go too emo? I feel as though I may have gone too emo.
HJLIYn4.png
+4h FR time
((.......too emo? NO SUCH THING!!! Also, I sort of want to see Vera and Quinn go at it. Quinn will put up a fight if they need to. ))
@CosmicSymbols

Quinn visibly paled as Vera passed by, threatening them with a crazed look that they only seen a handful of times. Averting their eyes, Quinn didn't put up a fight as the guards tugged them along. Glancing up only to check on Jamie, Quinn didn't really noticed that they arrived to their new holding cell and was quickly shoved in. Falling forward, they looked around and frowned at the condition of it all.

Dark pools of red colored stains dotted the floors, and jagged claw marks were buried deep into the walls and doors. Quinn spotted a toilet, but no water was inside of it. Sighing they bit their lip and tried calling out to see if anyone would hear them. "Jamie? Are you alright?" They doubted anyone could hear them, since there was no windows and the walls look padded.

Val sat back in a plush chair while staring over at the fat nasty little man that has been "showing" him around. The man fidgeted under his gaze, but he didn't bother to look away. Instead he let out a small sigh and put his elbows on the little mans desk while locking his fingers together. "This is what I want in exchange for the Vitch family support. Me and my sister will have say in every matter involving floriums, and any involvement of us will be kept under wraps." The man smiled cheerfully and nodded his head to Val's demand, agreeing to them without any rejections.

Val waved away the little mans appreciation, and continued talking. "I want two in the ring in ten minutes. I don't care which goes first, but I want recordings of all results." The little man told Val that was easily obtainable and not to worry. They shall soon start arena runs to judge the Floriums abilities.
((.......too emo? NO SUCH THING!!! Also, I sort of want to see Vera and Quinn go at it. Quinn will put up a fight if they need to. ))
@CosmicSymbols

Quinn visibly paled as Vera passed by, threatening them with a crazed look that they only seen a handful of times. Averting their eyes, Quinn didn't put up a fight as the guards tugged them along. Glancing up only to check on Jamie, Quinn didn't really noticed that they arrived to their new holding cell and was quickly shoved in. Falling forward, they looked around and frowned at the condition of it all.

Dark pools of red colored stains dotted the floors, and jagged claw marks were buried deep into the walls and doors. Quinn spotted a toilet, but no water was inside of it. Sighing they bit their lip and tried calling out to see if anyone would hear them. "Jamie? Are you alright?" They doubted anyone could hear them, since there was no windows and the walls look padded.

Val sat back in a plush chair while staring over at the fat nasty little man that has been "showing" him around. The man fidgeted under his gaze, but he didn't bother to look away. Instead he let out a small sigh and put his elbows on the little mans desk while locking his fingers together. "This is what I want in exchange for the Vitch family support. Me and my sister will have say in every matter involving floriums, and any involvement of us will be kept under wraps." The man smiled cheerfully and nodded his head to Val's demand, agreeing to them without any rejections.

Val waved away the little mans appreciation, and continued talking. "I want two in the ring in ten minutes. I don't care which goes first, but I want recordings of all results." The little man told Val that was easily obtainable and not to worry. They shall soon start arena runs to judge the Floriums abilities.
@Foxbrush
Vera Piui Hato

Vera stepped away from the door. She found nothing else to occupy her thoughts, so she wandered the room looking for the least disgusting place to sit. She didn't get a chance to find any reprise. An ear-shredding, metallic screech boomed throughout the room. Vera spun around, clenching her fist and grinding her teeth. The door was trying to open, but sustained too much damaged to function normally. It scraped and clanged against its tracks as it slid upwards like a garage door.

The room she was in was dark, but the room beyond was completely featureless. Nothing but inky blackness awaited her.

Suddenly, her arm was unrestrained. The single cuff clattered against the ground, causing Vera to flinch. The collar, however, was still firmly fastened around her neck. She picked up the arm restraint, clutching it in her fist. She aimed it like a weapon, the handcuff part outwards and the connecting rod as the hilt.

Vera crept closer to the shrouded room. Cautious and shaking. She stuck the restraint out of the doorframe. Nothing. She put it out a little farther. Still, nothing. Vera succumbed to her irritation, and hurled it into the room. It landed with such force Vera could her the metal ringing from her room.

She waited for anything that seemed like a trap to arise, but she was greeted with silence. Slowly, she swallowed her fear, and marched into the darkness. As soon as she got a good distance away, the door screeched closed. She stood there. In the dark. Listening. Waiting. Praying.

Without notice, the lights turned on. Vera was blinded for a few seconds. After her eyes adjusted, she surveyed her surroundings.

Cameras everywhere. Some were damaged, most looked new. Observatory decks were stationed in every direction. So high up, even if the glass wasn't tinted, she couldn't pick out any faces. The ground was stone, unlike the rest of the complex. It's cracks and jutted edges proudly displayed it's popularity. There were objects, that Vera couldn't even speculate on their purposes, hung from the ceiling. It looked more like a morbid, bootcamp obstacle course than it did a room belonging in a building of science. Vera stiffened as she heard a noise. She spun on a dime, legitimately terrified.

And there they were. Just a few feat before her. She furrowed her brow, and put on the sternest face she could muster. No one must no she was afraid. As soon as she embraced any weakness, her whole facade would falter.

"Long time no see, eh Quinn?" She called out, "Please let me get their name right, or else this would be really embarrassing."

James "Jamie" Marianum

Jamie heard his friends get pushed in a cell one by one. He was matched to a cell right beside Quinn's, but after a guard opened the door, he immediately slammed it shut. Jamie only caught a glimpse inside, but he knew the figure on the floor was probably not sleeping. The guards glanced at eachother before putting Jamie in the next room over. This one body-free. Before he was shoved inside, the guards broke their silence.

"That's still there? Who the f*ck was in charge of clean up duty?"
"Max, ma'am."
"Then termina--" The hushed voices were cut off by the thick, metal door. It looked so clean on the outside, but the inside looked like the aftermath of a garbage fire. Jamie was left with the deafening silence of the eerie room. It made him feel filthy, like when he was living on the streets with his parents. He decided to keep his thorns out. There was no way he wanted to be caught off-guard, and he wasn't in the mood to take a knee on that floor. He found a corner to lean in. It had almost perfect scratch marks that let his thorns rest nearly comfortable in their spots.

He waited a while. Five minutes? An hour? He didn't know. He didn't care. He just wanted this to be over. He thought he got his wish when he heard loud rumbling similar to a large mechanism springing to life. Jamie looked up and saw nothing. His room felt still. Detached. Desensitised to the world around it. Something was happening, just not to him. He felt vile for taking pleasure in that thought. Instead of spiraling deeper into despair, Jamie found hope in that feeling. He took it as proof he still cared about others. As long as he held on to that, everything would be fine.

Yeah.

Everything would be fine.
@Foxbrush
Vera Piui Hato

Vera stepped away from the door. She found nothing else to occupy her thoughts, so she wandered the room looking for the least disgusting place to sit. She didn't get a chance to find any reprise. An ear-shredding, metallic screech boomed throughout the room. Vera spun around, clenching her fist and grinding her teeth. The door was trying to open, but sustained too much damaged to function normally. It scraped and clanged against its tracks as it slid upwards like a garage door.

The room she was in was dark, but the room beyond was completely featureless. Nothing but inky blackness awaited her.

Suddenly, her arm was unrestrained. The single cuff clattered against the ground, causing Vera to flinch. The collar, however, was still firmly fastened around her neck. She picked up the arm restraint, clutching it in her fist. She aimed it like a weapon, the handcuff part outwards and the connecting rod as the hilt.

Vera crept closer to the shrouded room. Cautious and shaking. She stuck the restraint out of the doorframe. Nothing. She put it out a little farther. Still, nothing. Vera succumbed to her irritation, and hurled it into the room. It landed with such force Vera could her the metal ringing from her room.

She waited for anything that seemed like a trap to arise, but she was greeted with silence. Slowly, she swallowed her fear, and marched into the darkness. As soon as she got a good distance away, the door screeched closed. She stood there. In the dark. Listening. Waiting. Praying.

Without notice, the lights turned on. Vera was blinded for a few seconds. After her eyes adjusted, she surveyed her surroundings.

Cameras everywhere. Some were damaged, most looked new. Observatory decks were stationed in every direction. So high up, even if the glass wasn't tinted, she couldn't pick out any faces. The ground was stone, unlike the rest of the complex. It's cracks and jutted edges proudly displayed it's popularity. There were objects, that Vera couldn't even speculate on their purposes, hung from the ceiling. It looked more like a morbid, bootcamp obstacle course than it did a room belonging in a building of science. Vera stiffened as she heard a noise. She spun on a dime, legitimately terrified.

And there they were. Just a few feat before her. She furrowed her brow, and put on the sternest face she could muster. No one must no she was afraid. As soon as she embraced any weakness, her whole facade would falter.

"Long time no see, eh Quinn?" She called out, "Please let me get their name right, or else this would be really embarrassing."

James "Jamie" Marianum

Jamie heard his friends get pushed in a cell one by one. He was matched to a cell right beside Quinn's, but after a guard opened the door, he immediately slammed it shut. Jamie only caught a glimpse inside, but he knew the figure on the floor was probably not sleeping. The guards glanced at eachother before putting Jamie in the next room over. This one body-free. Before he was shoved inside, the guards broke their silence.

"That's still there? Who the f*ck was in charge of clean up duty?"
"Max, ma'am."
"Then termina--" The hushed voices were cut off by the thick, metal door. It looked so clean on the outside, but the inside looked like the aftermath of a garbage fire. Jamie was left with the deafening silence of the eerie room. It made him feel filthy, like when he was living on the streets with his parents. He decided to keep his thorns out. There was no way he wanted to be caught off-guard, and he wasn't in the mood to take a knee on that floor. He found a corner to lean in. It had almost perfect scratch marks that let his thorns rest nearly comfortable in their spots.

He waited a while. Five minutes? An hour? He didn't know. He didn't care. He just wanted this to be over. He thought he got his wish when he heard loud rumbling similar to a large mechanism springing to life. Jamie looked up and saw nothing. His room felt still. Detached. Desensitised to the world around it. Something was happening, just not to him. He felt vile for taking pleasure in that thought. Instead of spiraling deeper into despair, Jamie found hope in that feeling. He took it as proof he still cared about others. As long as he held on to that, everything would be fine.

Yeah.

Everything would be fine.
HJLIYn4.png
+4h FR time
@Foxbrush
Holy sh!t! It's been over two weeks!

You alive bro?
@Foxbrush
Holy sh!t! It's been over two weeks!

You alive bro?