Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Draken Courts (OOC)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
@AceChaser

Oh, that would certainly be interesting! I feel like Honor would throw the fight for Thorn if need be. (And meanwhile Lady Icoella is just like 'Why are you like this you emotionless buffoon')
@AceChaser

Oh, that would certainly be interesting! I feel like Honor would throw the fight for Thorn if need be. (And meanwhile Lady Icoella is just like 'Why are you like this you emotionless buffoon')
rPflwkH.png
@AceChaser That as well!^^
It would make things more interesting if it was randomly generated...but getting other rp-er's involved as well could def be fun!^^
@AceChaser That as well!^^
It would make things more interesting if it was randomly generated...but getting other rp-er's involved as well could def be fun!^^
ybitsXp.png
@puppinluv
When you return can we talk about a tournament event?
@puppinluv
When you return can we talk about a tournament event?
3Mji0Ul.png
@PuffFluffN @Acechaser

Maybe you could do a battle poll?
We vote, and who ever wins, wins the battle.
If its a tie you could do a randomly generated 1-2 thing

Just an Idea
@PuffFluffN @Acechaser

Maybe you could do a battle poll?
We vote, and who ever wins, wins the battle.
If its a tie you could do a randomly generated 1-2 thing

Just an Idea
@NickelDragons
That could easily work.

Players would submit characters they want to compete. Someone could set up a bracket and then everyone votes and gives imput on the individual matches.
@NickelDragons
That could easily work.

Players would submit characters they want to compete. Someone could set up a bracket and then everyone votes and gives imput on the individual matches.
3Mji0Ul.png
I find fight scenes are only done well when there's a lot of trust and understanding involved?

I get a tourney would be cool but I'm not sure a majority of dragons in this rp are disposed to just fighting?

Like maybe it's just me but a tournament seems a little out of place in this storyline?
I find fight scenes are only done well when there's a lot of trust and understanding involved?

I get a tourney would be cool but I'm not sure a majority of dragons in this rp are disposed to just fighting?

Like maybe it's just me but a tournament seems a little out of place in this storyline?
@Buntecha
I see what you mean.

My idea would be that only characters suited to join (guards, fighters, etc.) could fight and all other characters would spectate.
The fighters would represent whichever lord/lady/court they serve and this would give other characters reasons to root for certain fighters. This could also be used as a way to display power within the courts.

Your thoughts?
@Buntecha
I see what you mean.

My idea would be that only characters suited to join (guards, fighters, etc.) could fight and all other characters would spectate.
The fighters would represent whichever lord/lady/court they serve and this would give other characters reasons to root for certain fighters. This could also be used as a way to display power within the courts.

Your thoughts?
3Mji0Ul.png
@Acechaser

Yeah, but looking at the roster, excluding rebellion members, very few characters fit this description. out of the whole of this list of characters, I only count five or so that would be considered fighters (considering that no lord or heir or true noble would likely be risked by fighting).

Tournaments are good ideas but there just isn't a high enough ratio of fighters for this to seem like a likely group events. As a side event done between just those members wanting it sure and fine, but roping the entirety of the rp into something that caters to just five of the characters (two of which are both from the same person)

I'm not trying to be a party pooper I'm just saying that it's more of a niche thing that it may seem in this case? Like a side rp but not a main event?
@Acechaser

Yeah, but looking at the roster, excluding rebellion members, very few characters fit this description. out of the whole of this list of characters, I only count five or so that would be considered fighters (considering that no lord or heir or true noble would likely be risked by fighting).

Tournaments are good ideas but there just isn't a high enough ratio of fighters for this to seem like a likely group events. As a side event done between just those members wanting it sure and fine, but roping the entirety of the rp into something that caters to just five of the characters (two of which are both from the same person)

I'm not trying to be a party pooper I'm just saying that it's more of a niche thing that it may seem in this case? Like a side rp but not a main event?
A suggestion on the fight scenes - if any. Make someone a third party who does the rolls, and decide the success or failure of an attempt?
A suggestion on the fight scenes - if any. Make someone a third party who does the rolls, and decide the success or failure of an attempt?
@Drakenhart

Dice are good and fun but having to dice roll everything gets tedious... I think establishing character abilities beforehand with the opponent and using dice in times of uncertainty may be a good idea too?
@Drakenhart

Dice are good and fun but having to dice roll everything gets tedious... I think establishing character abilities beforehand with the opponent and using dice in times of uncertainty may be a good idea too?
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12