Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | More Than Blood [Fantasy RP] {Open}
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28
(@DangerousGirl
Baylor is actually on top of a roof in cat form. ^^; Granted, not for much longer.)

~South Side~

Tigon sighed mentally.
"You are a rather annoying little pest," he murmured, not bothering to look at her as he continued walking. At the very least she was serving to make him less of a stand out in the crowd. After all, a lone demon traveling through the city might have started to be noticed. Granted he didn't plan on keeping his unconventional traveling partner for much longer. A simple shift into the shadows would work. Then he could be a mile away in the blink of an eye and this half-breed wouldn't be able to follow. Still, that would take him away from his target, and that wasn't the best of circumstances. Once in the alleyway he had little choice, however, so he shifted into the shadows, entering a world of darkness and gray. He walked through the woman and out back into the street, easily passing through people. This delay would never do. He had to keep to his schedule, otherwise something bad could happen. Unfortunately, it was about to. A sudden explosion resounded through the city street, people and animals falling to the ground or getting blown back by the force. Tigon wasn't as nearly effected, being in the shadows as he was, but the force of the blast still sent ripples of sensation through the void to him. Immediately he was on alert, eyes scanning the crowd. Where was his target?

The young witch, as it happened, was about a hundred feet away from him, having fallen to the ground after the explosion. Her spells of protection had kicked into effect, shielding her from most of the harm, but not even she had prepared a spell strong enough to counter a blast like that. She was a little wobbly as she got to her feet, looking around in shock as smoke billowed out from a building nearby. Had that not been an antique shop? She could feel powerful magic dissipating into the air as fire flickered upwards towards the sunny sky. People were fleeing, trying to escape the shambles of the street in chaos and panic. It was then that she spotted a trio of cloaked figures emerging from the burning building, heading off down the road. How was that possible? Surely anything inside that building would have been dead? She stumbled forward to follow, but found that she fell to her knees instead, her head still ringing.

Baylor had been on the rooftop next to the antique store and had been sent flying to the opposite side of the roof and down into the alley below, still in feline form. Everything hurt and the stench of blood and magic filled the air. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't have time to consider as he fell into unconsciousness.

(@Lastnightriot )
(@DangerousGirl
Baylor is actually on top of a roof in cat form. ^^; Granted, not for much longer.)

~South Side~

Tigon sighed mentally.
"You are a rather annoying little pest," he murmured, not bothering to look at her as he continued walking. At the very least she was serving to make him less of a stand out in the crowd. After all, a lone demon traveling through the city might have started to be noticed. Granted he didn't plan on keeping his unconventional traveling partner for much longer. A simple shift into the shadows would work. Then he could be a mile away in the blink of an eye and this half-breed wouldn't be able to follow. Still, that would take him away from his target, and that wasn't the best of circumstances. Once in the alleyway he had little choice, however, so he shifted into the shadows, entering a world of darkness and gray. He walked through the woman and out back into the street, easily passing through people. This delay would never do. He had to keep to his schedule, otherwise something bad could happen. Unfortunately, it was about to. A sudden explosion resounded through the city street, people and animals falling to the ground or getting blown back by the force. Tigon wasn't as nearly effected, being in the shadows as he was, but the force of the blast still sent ripples of sensation through the void to him. Immediately he was on alert, eyes scanning the crowd. Where was his target?

The young witch, as it happened, was about a hundred feet away from him, having fallen to the ground after the explosion. Her spells of protection had kicked into effect, shielding her from most of the harm, but not even she had prepared a spell strong enough to counter a blast like that. She was a little wobbly as she got to her feet, looking around in shock as smoke billowed out from a building nearby. Had that not been an antique shop? She could feel powerful magic dissipating into the air as fire flickered upwards towards the sunny sky. People were fleeing, trying to escape the shambles of the street in chaos and panic. It was then that she spotted a trio of cloaked figures emerging from the burning building, heading off down the road. How was that possible? Surely anything inside that building would have been dead? She stumbled forward to follow, but found that she fell to her knees instead, her head still ringing.

Baylor had been on the rooftop next to the antique store and had been sent flying to the opposite side of the roof and down into the alley below, still in feline form. Everything hurt and the stench of blood and magic filled the air. He didn't know what was going on, but he didn't have time to consider as he fell into unconsciousness.

(@Lastnightriot )
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
(Do you want me to change my post and she find him?)
@niabi
(Do you want me to change my post and she find him?)
@niabi
1f338.png 5bb420da6c0049a8f4927d7fc6d5c60f.png

Visit my hatchery--> Candlelight
Visit my art shop --> Kitty Corner
Visit My new Rps --> CT Equestrian
03d12d07-ef6a-11e5-9c17-2d9b8664c5dc.gif I am in the middle of my senior year of highschool, I am taking Health and AP classes along with honors and online courses, therefore I have a LOT of work. Please be patient with my replies I will make it my goal to reply within a week though.
Mora held up her wings in pride as the other valkyrie mentioned the noble’s family preference for pristine wings. Her own wings were immaculate and carefully preened everyday. And the feathers casted more rainbows as she stretched before a blast knocked her off her feet.

She grunted as she instinctively rolled, her hand rubbing against a shadowed section pulling out a dark chain to whip around her. She knew her eyes were going pitch black like her dad’s use to. They used to look like thick pools of oil, sometimes it’d overflow and the tears would look like writhing snakes. Yeah, her dad was a trip. As the crowd around her immediately started panicking she finally caught sight of her cart.

It felt like someone punched her in the heart. There was her cart, her grandmother’s baby with it’s intricate flower carvings and lovingly polished wood. And there it is, lying broken on it’s side. She let out a choked sound before scrambling to it. “No,no,no”

Able looked up in horror at the sky. It was in the direction of where he left Mora, and he felt his blood chill. As smoke billowed upward he searched it vigorously. He didn’t see Mora, and he didn’t see a black hole. Which means she wasn’t hurt, but maybe ****** off. Able moved into action as a wave of people came from the street. The clothes he put on to go into the tailor shop were ripped, and he knew Mora would get onto him.

The crowd was large but made room for him as he bounded and looped back to the cart.

(Ooh tension, @WillowtheWisp)
Mora held up her wings in pride as the other valkyrie mentioned the noble’s family preference for pristine wings. Her own wings were immaculate and carefully preened everyday. And the feathers casted more rainbows as she stretched before a blast knocked her off her feet.

She grunted as she instinctively rolled, her hand rubbing against a shadowed section pulling out a dark chain to whip around her. She knew her eyes were going pitch black like her dad’s use to. They used to look like thick pools of oil, sometimes it’d overflow and the tears would look like writhing snakes. Yeah, her dad was a trip. As the crowd around her immediately started panicking she finally caught sight of her cart.

It felt like someone punched her in the heart. There was her cart, her grandmother’s baby with it’s intricate flower carvings and lovingly polished wood. And there it is, lying broken on it’s side. She let out a choked sound before scrambling to it. “No,no,no”

Able looked up in horror at the sky. It was in the direction of where he left Mora, and he felt his blood chill. As smoke billowed upward he searched it vigorously. He didn’t see Mora, and he didn’t see a black hole. Which means she wasn’t hurt, but maybe ****** off. Able moved into action as a wave of people came from the street. The clothes he put on to go into the tailor shop were ripped, and he knew Mora would get onto him.

The crowd was large but made room for him as he bounded and looped back to the cart.

(Ooh tension, @WillowtheWisp)
(@DangerousGirl
You can do that if you want in your next post. ^^ )
(@DangerousGirl
You can do that if you want in your next post. ^^ )
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
(@Solanna FWEEEEE)

Freya felt herself visibly relax as Cael swiftly put her fears to rest.
"Wait, really?" she asked, distracted. "This is your first time? Oh my goodness, Caeli! What on earth did you do this time of year?"
She raised one eyebrow at Dray, fixing a mockingly sassy look on her face. "What have you been doing to her, Dray?"
She smiled slightly, amused, as the siblings bantered back and forth, and she idly twisted one caramel wave of hair around her finger.
Freya mulled over which places Cael had to go see, in order to really see the festival. It wouldn't count if she didn't see some really spectacular events, such as the race, the-
She was tugged out of her musings by Dray's comment on her flower choice, and it took her a moment to remember what he was talking about.
Oh!
Feeling exasperation with herself well up, she smiled at him and blinked. "Huh, I didn't know sunflowers symbolized all that! I just really liked them ever since I was little, even though I couldn't always reach them," she added ruefully, rolling her eyes slightly and grinning.

However, it appeared that her desire for something thrilling to do was answered.
A huge explosion split the conservation and Freya whirled towards the sound, hand darting down to the hilt of her sword.
It was her duty to protect these people, after all.
But even as she turned, the force of the blast struck her down, and she fell to the earth, scraping her cheek against the stones.
Wincing and struggling to rise, she glanced at the fallen flower cart and a lance of pity darted through her, but she had a job to do.
Freya picked herself up, ignoring the small, fiery pain in the side of her face, and darted towards the source of the sound.
She soon came upon a ruined building laced with clouds of black smoke hanging over it, and she cast her eyes around for any victims.
They seemed to be everywhere.
People charged around her, buffeting the small girl, even as she fought to keep her ground.
Freya caught sight of a young woman in a long cloak struggle to rise, only to fall to the street and the light elemental darted to her.
"Was anyone inside?" she asked, forcing her voice not to crack or tremble, and she bent to give her a hand. "Are you hurt?"
Her blue eyes flickered around with a dragonfly's speed, searching for any fatalities, suspicious characters, or serious injuries that needed attending to.
(@Solanna FWEEEEE)

Freya felt herself visibly relax as Cael swiftly put her fears to rest.
"Wait, really?" she asked, distracted. "This is your first time? Oh my goodness, Caeli! What on earth did you do this time of year?"
She raised one eyebrow at Dray, fixing a mockingly sassy look on her face. "What have you been doing to her, Dray?"
She smiled slightly, amused, as the siblings bantered back and forth, and she idly twisted one caramel wave of hair around her finger.
Freya mulled over which places Cael had to go see, in order to really see the festival. It wouldn't count if she didn't see some really spectacular events, such as the race, the-
She was tugged out of her musings by Dray's comment on her flower choice, and it took her a moment to remember what he was talking about.
Oh!
Feeling exasperation with herself well up, she smiled at him and blinked. "Huh, I didn't know sunflowers symbolized all that! I just really liked them ever since I was little, even though I couldn't always reach them," she added ruefully, rolling her eyes slightly and grinning.

However, it appeared that her desire for something thrilling to do was answered.
A huge explosion split the conservation and Freya whirled towards the sound, hand darting down to the hilt of her sword.
It was her duty to protect these people, after all.
But even as she turned, the force of the blast struck her down, and she fell to the earth, scraping her cheek against the stones.
Wincing and struggling to rise, she glanced at the fallen flower cart and a lance of pity darted through her, but she had a job to do.
Freya picked herself up, ignoring the small, fiery pain in the side of her face, and darted towards the source of the sound.
She soon came upon a ruined building laced with clouds of black smoke hanging over it, and she cast her eyes around for any victims.
They seemed to be everywhere.
People charged around her, buffeting the small girl, even as she fought to keep her ground.
Freya caught sight of a young woman in a long cloak struggle to rise, only to fall to the street and the light elemental darted to her.
"Was anyone inside?" she asked, forcing her voice not to crack or tremble, and she bent to give her a hand. "Are you hurt?"
Her blue eyes flickered around with a dragonfly's speed, searching for any fatalities, suspicious characters, or serious injuries that needed attending to.
bHeX9bv.png[/url][/center]

BPpOUJu.png[/center]

OozkoKt.png
(@draconequis your up!)

(Trying to write more lol. Be just a wee bit more descriptive since I actually have time on my hands)

For once it seemed like Hyli could hear other sounds , not just her and the serpent woman's. "Probably just me". She thought , and didn't think more of it. " I have recently moved in there , I've only been here for a little over 2 weeks. The fish is unusually in abundance , which is very nice. " It felt weird to speak of her carnivorous nature , but what was said had already been said. Hyli hoped landfolk also were at least somewhat carnivorous , if they weren't then it would be a mighty strange situation. She flicked her thoughts back to the conversation.
The serpentine woman rubbed her chin , and for a couple seconds Hyli could see scars on her hands. It's very rude to stare , so she looked downward at the cobble. Her first question intrigued Hyli. "Late..?" How could the MerFolk be late? Usually the MerFolk are right on time , for any occasion. The water is warm this time of year , so why shouldn't they be here? Then again , Hyli didn't really know of what went on here. All she's heard is snippets by eavesdropping. "What? The water is warm , so I don't see why they would be late.... But to be frank i am not certain."
Hyli glanced upwards again. " I am called Hyli. Very nice to meet you Mara." That is a really nice name. Mara bowed , and out of respect so did Hyli.
(@draconequis your up!)

(Trying to write more lol. Be just a wee bit more descriptive since I actually have time on my hands)

For once it seemed like Hyli could hear other sounds , not just her and the serpent woman's. "Probably just me". She thought , and didn't think more of it. " I have recently moved in there , I've only been here for a little over 2 weeks. The fish is unusually in abundance , which is very nice. " It felt weird to speak of her carnivorous nature , but what was said had already been said. Hyli hoped landfolk also were at least somewhat carnivorous , if they weren't then it would be a mighty strange situation. She flicked her thoughts back to the conversation.
The serpentine woman rubbed her chin , and for a couple seconds Hyli could see scars on her hands. It's very rude to stare , so she looked downward at the cobble. Her first question intrigued Hyli. "Late..?" How could the MerFolk be late? Usually the MerFolk are right on time , for any occasion. The water is warm this time of year , so why shouldn't they be here? Then again , Hyli didn't really know of what went on here. All she's heard is snippets by eavesdropping. "What? The water is warm , so I don't see why they would be late.... But to be frank i am not certain."
Hyli glanced upwards again. " I am called Hyli. Very nice to meet you Mara." That is a really nice name. Mara bowed , and out of respect so did Hyli.
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
Velera had been expecting the demon to warp to attempt to get away from her. Thanks to her demon half, she could still smell him while he warped, the trail was thick and easy to follow. He'd walked through her, and continued onwards. She smirked and moved, shifting her body to follow his trail, teeth bore as a hungry light lit up her eyes. And if that wasn't enough, he'd made an explosion on a nearby street, her keen hearing picking up the sounds. Tucking her tail around her waist, she dug into the ground, launching herself rather gracefully on the top of a building, using her wings to propel herself further, extending her jump further.

She narrowed her eyes into slits as she noticed the demon had attacked some shop for some reason. A witch was defending the shop, or herself from his blast. She seemed a bit lost, and confused as smoke billoughed around her. Velera snorted, a thick burst of dark smoke spilling from her mouth as her inner fire threatened to be released. Her scales shifted, shimmering against the background in a pearly iridescence. People were fleeing and shouting, screaming at each other and trying to get out of the way of his blast.

Well.. whatever he was doing, it was going to stop here. She flicked her tail and extinguished bursts of demonic flame with an effortless grunt, making a soft huff from her chest. She leaped down from the ground and caught the scent of burning fur, passing over the unconsious form of a cat. Soft, delicate fingers scooped up the cat and held the soft creature in her arms. Still alive thankfully.. but he'd need some TLC. Now was probably not the best place to do this, especially with the demon hanging around. Still, she couldn't leave it here to die. So, she let loose a heavy breath, and fire cascaded from her mouth. This fire was like her skin, first ebbing as a pearl, and then glowing in an unfathomable rainbow of color, surging from her jaws over the cat's body. As it hit, the fire gleamed, repairing the bruises, broken flesh, and wounds he may have had. Finishing with her job, she narrowed her eyes into slits and set the cat down, tucking him gently into a safe spot, making sure there was no demonic fire around.

Whipering something in an odd language, she tenderly brushed her fingers against the cat's fur before standing up, squaring her shoulders and digging her taloned feet into the ground. Launching herself out where the panic was still occuring, she spread her wings wide, the colors on her body growing brighter as her features grew more draconic, her tail flicking from her waist to out behind her, acting as a balance and a rudder as she launched herself into the clearing on all fours like an animal, crouching with a sinister, hungry smirk on her face.

"Oh.. you think its so easy to ditch me... do you?" She seemed just a little bit ticked off by the demon now, her tail lashing to show her displeasure. "Cute. Very cute. Okay, time to die." She allowed her dragon fire to surge around her as if it was second nature, it tangled with the Demons' demonic fire, extinguishing some of it, but really just creating a buffer of an odd rainbow aura around her body.

"Oh.. mister deeeeemmonnn." She sang, giving a genuine and slightly creepy smile. "Come out and plaaay with meeee. I promise I will only break you a littleeee."

(@Samantha5696 neeextt :D)
Velera had been expecting the demon to warp to attempt to get away from her. Thanks to her demon half, she could still smell him while he warped, the trail was thick and easy to follow. He'd walked through her, and continued onwards. She smirked and moved, shifting her body to follow his trail, teeth bore as a hungry light lit up her eyes. And if that wasn't enough, he'd made an explosion on a nearby street, her keen hearing picking up the sounds. Tucking her tail around her waist, she dug into the ground, launching herself rather gracefully on the top of a building, using her wings to propel herself further, extending her jump further.

She narrowed her eyes into slits as she noticed the demon had attacked some shop for some reason. A witch was defending the shop, or herself from his blast. She seemed a bit lost, and confused as smoke billoughed around her. Velera snorted, a thick burst of dark smoke spilling from her mouth as her inner fire threatened to be released. Her scales shifted, shimmering against the background in a pearly iridescence. People were fleeing and shouting, screaming at each other and trying to get out of the way of his blast.

Well.. whatever he was doing, it was going to stop here. She flicked her tail and extinguished bursts of demonic flame with an effortless grunt, making a soft huff from her chest. She leaped down from the ground and caught the scent of burning fur, passing over the unconsious form of a cat. Soft, delicate fingers scooped up the cat and held the soft creature in her arms. Still alive thankfully.. but he'd need some TLC. Now was probably not the best place to do this, especially with the demon hanging around. Still, she couldn't leave it here to die. So, she let loose a heavy breath, and fire cascaded from her mouth. This fire was like her skin, first ebbing as a pearl, and then glowing in an unfathomable rainbow of color, surging from her jaws over the cat's body. As it hit, the fire gleamed, repairing the bruises, broken flesh, and wounds he may have had. Finishing with her job, she narrowed her eyes into slits and set the cat down, tucking him gently into a safe spot, making sure there was no demonic fire around.

Whipering something in an odd language, she tenderly brushed her fingers against the cat's fur before standing up, squaring her shoulders and digging her taloned feet into the ground. Launching herself out where the panic was still occuring, she spread her wings wide, the colors on her body growing brighter as her features grew more draconic, her tail flicking from her waist to out behind her, acting as a balance and a rudder as she launched herself into the clearing on all fours like an animal, crouching with a sinister, hungry smirk on her face.

"Oh.. you think its so easy to ditch me... do you?" She seemed just a little bit ticked off by the demon now, her tail lashing to show her displeasure. "Cute. Very cute. Okay, time to die." She allowed her dragon fire to surge around her as if it was second nature, it tangled with the Demons' demonic fire, extinguishing some of it, but really just creating a buffer of an odd rainbow aura around her body.

"Oh.. mister deeeeemmonnn." She sang, giving a genuine and slightly creepy smile. "Come out and plaaay with meeee. I promise I will only break you a littleeee."

(@Samantha5696 neeextt :D)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
(I'm sorry I'm highjacking a spot for me now. It's been slow progress and sammy isn't putting anything up :o @Samantha5696 heads up? You alright, are you busy?)

Maraxel froze, as she listened to this person intently, she felt something hit against the borders of her manipulated vibrations. What sounded like an explosion and a slight shock wave. It came from afar, and that's all she could tell. Her attentiveness shifted, and at the end of the alleyway, she saw people stopping, then shouting, and running. The sensations of the voices getting louder ran through her arms and body.

- "I am... glad you are... faring well, Hyli." Trying to keep the conversation going, she found out soon she was at the loss of words.

She tried to not show getting distressed. But soon she found herself looking back at where she came from, releasing the element around them, not subjecting air under her grip anymore. The calm and composed nature of hers changed in the end, she needed to listen. Every muscle in her body tensed.
Maraxel barely cared if the girl, Hyli, figured out that she muffled sounds from coming in and out. Even less she worried what she might end up thinking about it.

Then it hits her hard like a hammer, she rushes at the end where she came from, looking out and seeing smoke towering farther away above in the distance. It came from further into the South Side, if she is correct... from nearby the hubs and parks up north. Where the merchants tents and most of the activity was going on.

- "Hyli... can you hear that...?" She ends the conversation they had there. The sounds of people screaming in the distance fill her head. It was a sort of cacophonous symphony that could get stuck into people's minds, tormenting them relentlessly. Despite her tension showing, her face didn't emotionally express much. "...This... is really bad. Something just went down up north from here... I advice you returning back under the tides to safety."

She gave this advice as her body turned, and writhed, the snake portion growing back in, splitting in two. Eventually she had a pair of thick, bare humanoid legs under her torso. "Please... stay safe."

The sense of urgency filled her heart. She was tired, so it took over easier this time. And she prepared to bolt out as soon as Hyli answers.

(@Tteok next, I guess Samantha could still put stuff after me @Niabi ?
I can get back to work with the map, got back to my drawing stuff. :3)
(I'm sorry I'm highjacking a spot for me now. It's been slow progress and sammy isn't putting anything up :o @Samantha5696 heads up? You alright, are you busy?)

Maraxel froze, as she listened to this person intently, she felt something hit against the borders of her manipulated vibrations. What sounded like an explosion and a slight shock wave. It came from afar, and that's all she could tell. Her attentiveness shifted, and at the end of the alleyway, she saw people stopping, then shouting, and running. The sensations of the voices getting louder ran through her arms and body.

- "I am... glad you are... faring well, Hyli." Trying to keep the conversation going, she found out soon she was at the loss of words.

She tried to not show getting distressed. But soon she found herself looking back at where she came from, releasing the element around them, not subjecting air under her grip anymore. The calm and composed nature of hers changed in the end, she needed to listen. Every muscle in her body tensed.
Maraxel barely cared if the girl, Hyli, figured out that she muffled sounds from coming in and out. Even less she worried what she might end up thinking about it.

Then it hits her hard like a hammer, she rushes at the end where she came from, looking out and seeing smoke towering farther away above in the distance. It came from further into the South Side, if she is correct... from nearby the hubs and parks up north. Where the merchants tents and most of the activity was going on.

- "Hyli... can you hear that...?" She ends the conversation they had there. The sounds of people screaming in the distance fill her head. It was a sort of cacophonous symphony that could get stuck into people's minds, tormenting them relentlessly. Despite her tension showing, her face didn't emotionally express much. "...This... is really bad. Something just went down up north from here... I advice you returning back under the tides to safety."

She gave this advice as her body turned, and writhed, the snake portion growing back in, splitting in two. Eventually she had a pair of thick, bare humanoid legs under her torso. "Please... stay safe."

The sense of urgency filled her heart. She was tired, so it took over easier this time. And she prepared to bolt out as soon as Hyli answers.

(@Tteok next, I guess Samantha could still put stuff after me @Niabi ?
I can get back to work with the map, got back to my drawing stuff. :3)
(Aagh this is longer than I intended =_=" Sorry about that!)

Sylvia had just managed to attract a couple of pre-teens when she felt something odd. The air felt stuffy, choked with magic. She had only just begun turning to look for its source when a blast of hot air threw her to the ground, her head smacking against the pavement before her world went dark.

By the time she came to, everything was absolute chaos. Pedestrians screamed and ran away from a burning building, but their cries were hard to make out through the harsh ringing in her ears. Something hot and sticky ran down her forehead, getting into one of her eyes. Her vision swam and she forced her eyelids shut as she tried to soothe the skull-splitting headache that threatened to make her black out again.

A pair of hands had her by the shoulders, gently shaking her. Through her now quickly-dissipating haze, she could hear someone calling her name. Slowly, she squeezed open an eye and caught sight of her father, his wrinkled face knit with worry and a small cut running the length of his cheek. His wand was held shakily in his hands, the tip still glowing from what she could only assume was a healing spell.

At this point, Sylvia could clearly hear the screams of the passing people. Her head didn't hurt, but she knew that the pain would return in agonizing flashes later on, as usual with simple healing spells. Pushing herself up onto her feet, she helped up her father and guided the man to his chair which had miraculously not been knocked over. Kneeling beside him, she grabbed him by the arms and looked him straight in the eyes. "Stay here, Papa." she commanded, hoping that he'd obey. She leaned down and grabbed her wand, glad that it wasn't broken. "Head back to the shop when the coast is clear. I'll be back as soon as I can." Pausing for a moment, she gave him a quick grin. "And watch for thieves."

Quickly giving her father a hug, Sylvia swept a number of potions, mainly healing, into her satchel and ran off before she could hear her father's protests. Fighting against the last dregs of the panicked crowd, Sylvia wiped some of the blood from her eyes and sprinted towards the source of the chaos.
_____

Marie listened to their conversation, intrigued at the portions about sunflowers and their meaning. Caught up in her fascination with their culture, she didn't prepare for the sudden blast from just down the street, not that she really could have.

Flung backward and into a wall, Marie barely managed to avoid a concussion thanks to her wings instinctively spreading out and slowing her fall. A wave of hot air blew over her, smelling of burning wood and smoke. The tips of her feathers were slightly singed and she felt the heat take her breath away.

Falling to her knees, gasping, Marie felt a sharp pain by her eye. Reaching up with a hand, her fingers found a deep gash. Grimacing, the Valkyrie snatched up her helmet and donned it once more. While the cut was bloody, she wasn't going to die, and, as her clan's rhetoric commanded, Marie moved on.

Spreading her wings, Marie launched herself up into skies and searched fervently for anyone that needed immediate attention. However, with the sheer number of people struggling to leave the scene, the search was futile.

Switching her attention, Marie made a beeline towards the burning building. As she swerved to avoid the smoke, she spotted one of the women she'd met earlier attending to someone. Soaring lower, she skidded to a landing on the cobble beside them.

"Is she alright?" she asked while glancing over at the burning shop. She was listening intently for any cries of help from inside, though she doubted that anyone could have survived that close to such a destructive explosion. "If she's hurt, I can fly her to safety. It'd be faster than trying to get through that crowd."

(@Armonium Bloop~)
(Aagh this is longer than I intended =_=" Sorry about that!)

Sylvia had just managed to attract a couple of pre-teens when she felt something odd. The air felt stuffy, choked with magic. She had only just begun turning to look for its source when a blast of hot air threw her to the ground, her head smacking against the pavement before her world went dark.

By the time she came to, everything was absolute chaos. Pedestrians screamed and ran away from a burning building, but their cries were hard to make out through the harsh ringing in her ears. Something hot and sticky ran down her forehead, getting into one of her eyes. Her vision swam and she forced her eyelids shut as she tried to soothe the skull-splitting headache that threatened to make her black out again.

A pair of hands had her by the shoulders, gently shaking her. Through her now quickly-dissipating haze, she could hear someone calling her name. Slowly, she squeezed open an eye and caught sight of her father, his wrinkled face knit with worry and a small cut running the length of his cheek. His wand was held shakily in his hands, the tip still glowing from what she could only assume was a healing spell.

At this point, Sylvia could clearly hear the screams of the passing people. Her head didn't hurt, but she knew that the pain would return in agonizing flashes later on, as usual with simple healing spells. Pushing herself up onto her feet, she helped up her father and guided the man to his chair which had miraculously not been knocked over. Kneeling beside him, she grabbed him by the arms and looked him straight in the eyes. "Stay here, Papa." she commanded, hoping that he'd obey. She leaned down and grabbed her wand, glad that it wasn't broken. "Head back to the shop when the coast is clear. I'll be back as soon as I can." Pausing for a moment, she gave him a quick grin. "And watch for thieves."

Quickly giving her father a hug, Sylvia swept a number of potions, mainly healing, into her satchel and ran off before she could hear her father's protests. Fighting against the last dregs of the panicked crowd, Sylvia wiped some of the blood from her eyes and sprinted towards the source of the chaos.
_____

Marie listened to their conversation, intrigued at the portions about sunflowers and their meaning. Caught up in her fascination with their culture, she didn't prepare for the sudden blast from just down the street, not that she really could have.

Flung backward and into a wall, Marie barely managed to avoid a concussion thanks to her wings instinctively spreading out and slowing her fall. A wave of hot air blew over her, smelling of burning wood and smoke. The tips of her feathers were slightly singed and she felt the heat take her breath away.

Falling to her knees, gasping, Marie felt a sharp pain by her eye. Reaching up with a hand, her fingers found a deep gash. Grimacing, the Valkyrie snatched up her helmet and donned it once more. While the cut was bloody, she wasn't going to die, and, as her clan's rhetoric commanded, Marie moved on.

Spreading her wings, Marie launched herself up into skies and searched fervently for anyone that needed immediate attention. However, with the sheer number of people struggling to leave the scene, the search was futile.

Switching her attention, Marie made a beeline towards the burning building. As she swerved to avoid the smoke, she spotted one of the women she'd met earlier attending to someone. Soaring lower, she skidded to a landing on the cobble beside them.

"Is she alright?" she asked while glancing over at the burning shop. She was listening intently for any cries of help from inside, though she doubted that anyone could have survived that close to such a destructive explosion. "If she's hurt, I can fly her to safety. It'd be faster than trying to get through that crowd."

(@Armonium Bloop~)
1QgVVA1.png
((Whoops sorry, real life just gave me too many double shifts and I didn't have many opportunities to check >.<;; but yea if it's ok I'll just post now QwQ))
South Side - Festival

Cael was going to answer the armored Valkyrie's question when the explosion occurred. And just like the Valkyrie, both her and her brother were shoved from the gust. Cael slammed into a wall, with not much to protect her, before falling forward onto the ground. She growled to herself, trying to reclaim her breath.

Dray had been luckier, quickly using his powers of control over earth to turn into his elemental state. Being a now rocky-humanoid, slamming against the wall was not nearly as painful and he quickly recovered. Transforming back to normal, he quickly ran over to Cael. "Are you ok?"

Cael grunted in annoyance, "I'll be fine, just need to catch my breath." She then looked up at the scene around her and her eyes widened, "What the heck happened?"
Dray shook his head, "I have no idea but we need to see if anyone's hurt and help them."
Dray gazed sadly at the broken flower stand and added, "If the blast broke some of the surrounding buildings and stands we need to make sure the debris didn't trap anyone."

((Whoops sorry, real life just gave me too many double shifts and I didn't have many opportunities to check >.<;; but yea if it's ok I'll just post now QwQ))
South Side - Festival

Cael was going to answer the armored Valkyrie's question when the explosion occurred. And just like the Valkyrie, both her and her brother were shoved from the gust. Cael slammed into a wall, with not much to protect her, before falling forward onto the ground. She growled to herself, trying to reclaim her breath.

Dray had been luckier, quickly using his powers of control over earth to turn into his elemental state. Being a now rocky-humanoid, slamming against the wall was not nearly as painful and he quickly recovered. Transforming back to normal, he quickly ran over to Cael. "Are you ok?"

Cael grunted in annoyance, "I'll be fine, just need to catch my breath." She then looked up at the scene around her and her eyes widened, "What the heck happened?"
Dray shook his head, "I have no idea but we need to see if anyone's hurt and help them."
Dray gazed sadly at the broken flower stand and added, "If the blast broke some of the surrounding buildings and stands we need to make sure the debris didn't trap anyone."

2 hours ahead of site time ^u^ Usually on somewhere between 12:00 and 1:00
if I did the math correctly.... I'm an art student I don't math.....
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 27 28