Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [BSJ] RP game team 5!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
((Apparently I had 5 minutes before the event continued XD))
((Apparently I had 5 minutes before the event continued XD))
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
Sombra is taken aback by Lucian's harsh answer, shame flooding her as she continues to listen to his story. She realizes how cruel she is, pressing on open wounds to see if it would bleed, but she didn't want... this. Knowledge is what she lives off, a power she craves and collects for her deity, but Lucian's story hit home in her blackened heart deep. She knew this feeling, the helplessness he must have felt, the terror and agonizing pain as he saw his relatives cut down cruelly, and suddenly she felt as if her eyes been opened. Sympathy and understanding, she realized that's what she feels.

Sombra shakes her head lightly, hiding the sudden tears that well up in her eyes. It doesn't even matter that Mu Xin is there, she once in a long-long time doesn't try to hide them. She turns her head up, throat bared to the Imperial's back. It doesn't matter that he can't see, the gesture meant for Sombra so much - showing her weakest side, the only true apology she could master.

She just opens her mouth to utter the words I'm sorry, oh Gods, I didn't mean to, but their guide comes back with the worst timing, accompanied by a soft-looking Tundra. Sombra listens to her, annoyed that such a moment is interrupted with such a small business.

"We understand the task," she glares at the dragon. "We will set out as soon as we collected our last teammate. You see," she hisses in the Pearlcatcher's direction. "We couldn't find the previous, hmpf, gentleman and he wanted to look for him." With that she gently turns her back to her. She never learnt to be polite, there was no one for her to teach her the most simple manners, but she now realizes that she has to catch up on some immediately. She can't continue to work in a team - she never needed to, she always worked alone - like this.

She turns back to her team. "As soon as we collect Kellmite, I propose we break into two pairs. I don't want to seem as a leader, Gods forbid, but I see that it'd be the best course of action if Princess Xin is paired with Kellmite. I hold your skills highly, and since Kellmite does not have the skills, nor the experience, I see you as the best candidate. Not only does he not seem to like me, not a surprise here, I can't burden Warrior Lucian with him." She doesn't mention that she also plans a grand monologue of the greatest apologies ever, and she doesn't want an audience to see her in such a submissive state.

((*slowly emerges from the trashcan* I don't think we've discussed much about where we want to go with the game and I know that it's not really the point, but I must state, that bringing in some romance is not against my taste, haha. Yes, Sombra is an angry daughter of a wraith, but I believe that every antihero can be buttered up someway or another.))
Sombra is taken aback by Lucian's harsh answer, shame flooding her as she continues to listen to his story. She realizes how cruel she is, pressing on open wounds to see if it would bleed, but she didn't want... this. Knowledge is what she lives off, a power she craves and collects for her deity, but Lucian's story hit home in her blackened heart deep. She knew this feeling, the helplessness he must have felt, the terror and agonizing pain as he saw his relatives cut down cruelly, and suddenly she felt as if her eyes been opened. Sympathy and understanding, she realized that's what she feels.

Sombra shakes her head lightly, hiding the sudden tears that well up in her eyes. It doesn't even matter that Mu Xin is there, she once in a long-long time doesn't try to hide them. She turns her head up, throat bared to the Imperial's back. It doesn't matter that he can't see, the gesture meant for Sombra so much - showing her weakest side, the only true apology she could master.

She just opens her mouth to utter the words I'm sorry, oh Gods, I didn't mean to, but their guide comes back with the worst timing, accompanied by a soft-looking Tundra. Sombra listens to her, annoyed that such a moment is interrupted with such a small business.

"We understand the task," she glares at the dragon. "We will set out as soon as we collected our last teammate. You see," she hisses in the Pearlcatcher's direction. "We couldn't find the previous, hmpf, gentleman and he wanted to look for him." With that she gently turns her back to her. She never learnt to be polite, there was no one for her to teach her the most simple manners, but she now realizes that she has to catch up on some immediately. She can't continue to work in a team - she never needed to, she always worked alone - like this.

She turns back to her team. "As soon as we collect Kellmite, I propose we break into two pairs. I don't want to seem as a leader, Gods forbid, but I see that it'd be the best course of action if Princess Xin is paired with Kellmite. I hold your skills highly, and since Kellmite does not have the skills, nor the experience, I see you as the best candidate. Not only does he not seem to like me, not a surprise here, I can't burden Warrior Lucian with him." She doesn't mention that she also plans a grand monologue of the greatest apologies ever, and she doesn't want an audience to see her in such a submissive state.

((*slowly emerges from the trashcan* I don't think we've discussed much about where we want to go with the game and I know that it's not really the point, but I must state, that bringing in some romance is not against my taste, haha. Yes, Sombra is an angry daughter of a wraith, but I believe that every antihero can be buttered up someway or another.))
9653400.gif
((I'm just enjoying the RP :3 However, I got to go to work now. I'll try to reply on break if at least one other person has replied before then, if not, I'll be back around 20:00 FR time.))
((I'm just enjoying the RP :3 However, I got to go to work now. I'll try to reply on break if at least one other person has replied before then, if not, I'll be back around 20:00 FR time.))
forum_readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzp6.pngforum_2_by_starrytak-db9ld8u.pngforum_3_by_starrytak-db9ld8t.pngforum_4_by_starrytak-db9ld8r.pngforum5readjust_by_arykhdragon777-db9mzpa.png
Kellmite hurried in not terribly long after the two guides had spoken. "He moves faster around a library than you'd think! So it sounded like he and that Tundra were talking about coliseum food?"
Was the tension in here worse than when he'd left? Here he'd been wondering if a little game, not one of these puzzles, might help ease some moods. Something was odd about it though. Something less familiar and trickier to grasp. Empathetically magical or not, it likely made more sense to one of the dragons who'd been there in the last little while.

"I'm not frontline-captain material, but should we aim high, or try elsewhere?" The implied possibility, should a harder self-set version of the challenge yield greater reward, being that a certain workshop could be considered. "Dash and blast without trying to go too deep will probably be enough. I can slow down anything we don't want following us." Kellmite chuckled before adding in a hurried whisper, "just don't get kidnapped by robots." Clattercogs were cute enough, but Kellmite hated the din of the squawkers. No decisions had been made yet, so the Skydancer didn't quite mention the issue an encounter with one would be for him.
Kellmite and his sister had encountered hostile beastclans as well as other dangers in the Wood, so he wasn't completely naive about literally risking losing his hide.
"I think betting on your own fights at an arena works. If that makes sense." The Skydancer noted another possibility.

"My sister wouldn't be happy if I gave away anything particularly valued by traders, but no one else has to worry about that. What other preparations does this adventure need?"

((It was quiet earlier so I wasn't sure whether I needed to say that I was going to be out for a while. I don't know what to say about my all-round slowness at drafting. If it actually becomes a problem then I guess this pair system will mean you don't have to worry about me getting in the way for this task at least. X,) I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have brought out a relatively undeveloped character, or at least, one without confirmed development as opposed to speculations in my notes. Regarding IC-OOC gaps, I'm happy to use a team not including Kellmite to grind for things and play it loose in terms of who could venture into the ingame GW, in case that was a concern...There's gotta be lone mob-spawns in-universe sometime, right? X,D Also yes, I'm referring to Swipp items when valuable materials are mentioned. If I've done something blatantly foolish, let me know.))
Kellmite hurried in not terribly long after the two guides had spoken. "He moves faster around a library than you'd think! So it sounded like he and that Tundra were talking about coliseum food?"
Was the tension in here worse than when he'd left? Here he'd been wondering if a little game, not one of these puzzles, might help ease some moods. Something was odd about it though. Something less familiar and trickier to grasp. Empathetically magical or not, it likely made more sense to one of the dragons who'd been there in the last little while.

"I'm not frontline-captain material, but should we aim high, or try elsewhere?" The implied possibility, should a harder self-set version of the challenge yield greater reward, being that a certain workshop could be considered. "Dash and blast without trying to go too deep will probably be enough. I can slow down anything we don't want following us." Kellmite chuckled before adding in a hurried whisper, "just don't get kidnapped by robots." Clattercogs were cute enough, but Kellmite hated the din of the squawkers. No decisions had been made yet, so the Skydancer didn't quite mention the issue an encounter with one would be for him.
Kellmite and his sister had encountered hostile beastclans as well as other dangers in the Wood, so he wasn't completely naive about literally risking losing his hide.
"I think betting on your own fights at an arena works. If that makes sense." The Skydancer noted another possibility.

"My sister wouldn't be happy if I gave away anything particularly valued by traders, but no one else has to worry about that. What other preparations does this adventure need?"

((It was quiet earlier so I wasn't sure whether I needed to say that I was going to be out for a while. I don't know what to say about my all-round slowness at drafting. If it actually becomes a problem then I guess this pair system will mean you don't have to worry about me getting in the way for this task at least. X,) I'm sorry. Maybe I shouldn't have brought out a relatively undeveloped character, or at least, one without confirmed development as opposed to speculations in my notes. Regarding IC-OOC gaps, I'm happy to use a team not including Kellmite to grind for things and play it loose in terms of who could venture into the ingame GW, in case that was a concern...There's gotta be lone mob-spawns in-universe sometime, right? X,D Also yes, I'm referring to Swipp items when valuable materials are mentioned. If I've done something blatantly foolish, let me know.))
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17&tab=dragon&did=27974595][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/6551/f/2017/177/a/7/lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png[/img][/url][/center] Lucian let out a kind smile when Sombra realized her transgression. Even though she never really got a chance to actually apologize due to the untimely appearance of of their guide, he gave her a slight nod of his head to let her know that he understood her sentiment. It was clear that she has experienced her own share of grief. He was surprised when she gave him an honorific of 'Warrior'. He must of had more of an impact on her than he realized. Her aura was in a state of turmoil right now so it was hard to get a proper read on her at the moment. [color=#b39c00][b]"I prefer Sombra's idea of pairs better. This is a group challenge, so we shouldn't completely separate."[/b][/color] Lucian countered. Soloing it out in the Arena wasn't a bad idea, but he had a feeling Sombra wanted to talk more. [color=#b39c00][b]"We should meet back here before the sunset."[/b][/color] He suggested before turning to Sombra. [color=#b39c00][b]"Provided the group agrees with the pairs idea, where would you like to patrol? I'm able to battle in any of the Coliseum locations."[/b][/color] ((XD in RP he can anyway. He only like lvl 8 actually. Thats all i can post til i get home in about 5-6 hours.))
lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png

Lucian let out a kind smile when Sombra realized her transgression. Even though she never really got a chance to actually apologize due to the untimely appearance of of their guide, he gave her a slight nod of his head to let her know that he understood her sentiment. It was clear that she has experienced her own share of grief. He was surprised when she gave him an honorific of 'Warrior'. He must of had more of an impact on her than he realized. Her aura was in a state of turmoil right now so it was hard to get a proper read on her at the moment.

"I prefer Sombra's idea of pairs better. This is a group challenge, so we shouldn't completely separate." Lucian countered. Soloing it out in the Arena wasn't a bad idea, but he had a feeling Sombra wanted to talk more. "We should meet back here before the sunset." He suggested before turning to Sombra. "Provided the group agrees with the pairs idea, where would you like to patrol? I'm able to battle in any of the Coliseum locations."

((XD in RP he can anyway. He only like lvl 8 actually. Thats all i can post til i get home in about 5-6 hours.))
((You just posted in the right time. I'll head to bed after this post, I hope the others can catch up too. Also, Sombra is in the same boat - she's level7, but it makes sense with her backstory that she's an excellent hunter.)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32780354][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/327804/32780354.png[/img][/url][/center] Sombra inclines her head towards Kellmite as he arrives. She is surprised that he actually has some decent idea, not to mention strategy to contribute. What is it with her underestimating dragonfolk today? She sighs internally, but her mood immediately brightens as she sees Lucian give her a smile. Good, he's not angry anymore. Maybe she's just that good with apologies too. Sombra taps her chin with a claw as Lucian agrees with her idea. It somehow strokes her ego, and a small genuine smile flashes at the corner of her mouth. "I excell in quick attacks and magic backup, and I think my skills in espionage should come in handy. I'm like the shadows themselves." She thinks it over, a thought coming to mind. She opens her wings and takes off to a bookshelf, taking down a map of the realms. She slips it into the table, describing the place she's pointing at for the Imperial. "In my ventures I've traded with a particularly friendly beastclan, the Southern Marens in a bay just between my home, Starfall Isles and Dragonhome. I've learnt their primitive language when I was young and since then I've traded several times with them - weapons, sustenance, protection, you name it. They have quiet the adept poison for an assa... " She trails off mid-sentence and clears her throat. "Well, yeah, moving on. I think we should pray for the Windsinger's protection, and dive underwater into the Kelp Beds. If I hit it up well with the Chief, I could get you a permission to hunt and gather in their territory. Though," she sizes up the Warrior, squinting her eyes. "You are... big. Not in a bad way, mind you, just kind of intimidating for merfolk." She then turns to nod at Kellmite. She tries a smile, which feels alien on her face, but at least the endeavor counts, right? "You. Don't you think I forget about your comment about robots. You weren't there to introduce yourself, and I expect a grand story from you! It would also be fantastic, if you could decide with Princess Xin where you wanted to go, just in case you one of us can't make it to the meeting point back here."
((You just posted in the right time. I'll head to bed after this post, I hope the others can catch up too. Also, Sombra is in the same boat - she's level7, but it makes sense with her backstory that she's an excellent hunter.))
32780354.png
Sombra inclines her head towards Kellmite as he arrives. She is surprised that he actually has some decent idea, not to mention strategy to contribute. What is it with her underestimating dragonfolk today? She sighs internally, but her mood immediately brightens as she sees Lucian give her a smile. Good, he's not angry anymore. Maybe she's just that good with apologies too.

Sombra taps her chin with a claw as Lucian agrees with her idea. It somehow strokes her ego, and a small genuine smile flashes at the corner of her mouth. "I excell in quick attacks and magic backup, and I think my skills in espionage should come in handy. I'm like the shadows themselves."

She thinks it over, a thought coming to mind. She opens her wings and takes off to a bookshelf, taking down a map of the realms. She slips it into the table, describing the place she's pointing at for the Imperial. "In my ventures I've traded with a particularly friendly beastclan, the Southern Marens in a bay just between my home, Starfall Isles and Dragonhome. I've learnt their primitive language when I was young and since then I've traded several times with them - weapons, sustenance, protection, you name it. They have quiet the adept poison for an assa... "

She trails off mid-sentence and clears her throat. "Well, yeah, moving on. I think we should pray for the Windsinger's protection, and dive underwater into the Kelp Beds. If I hit it up well with the Chief, I could get you a permission to hunt and gather in their territory. Though," she sizes up the Warrior, squinting her eyes. "You are... big. Not in a bad way, mind you, just kind of intimidating for merfolk."

She then turns to nod at Kellmite. She tries a smile, which feels alien on her face, but at least the endeavor counts, right? "You. Don't you think I forget about your comment about robots. You weren't there to introduce yourself, and I expect a grand story from you! It would also be fantastic, if you could decide with Princess Xin where you wanted to go, just in case you one of us can't make it to the meeting point back here."
9653400.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17&tab=dragon&did=27974595][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/6551/f/2017/177/a/7/lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png[/img][/url][/center] Lucian was pleased to see Sombra's aura compose itself. Dragons have said worse than her. It didn't really matter to Lucian once he had a moment to vent his feelings. Keeping a calm composure was important to him. The Shade is a vicious adversary and can easy turn negative emotions into a weapon against him. He watched Sombra open the map open on the table and 'stared' at it blankly for a moment before continuing to listen to Sombra. [color=#b39c00][b]"I can see why that would be an issue. The Beastclans are not known to be trusting of dragonkind and for good reason. I can certainly wait outside their territory while you talk with them."[/b][/color] Lucian was about to look towards Mu Xin to see what her comment on the plan was when a small flash of light appeared next to the large Imperial. A Light Sprite could be seen hovering in the air next to the Warrior. [color=#b39c00][b]"Why are you here Corona? I thought you were looking after Silvantis for me."[/b][/color] A chorus of chimes could be heard in response and Lucian's expression soured. [color=#b39c00][b]"Forgive me, Sombra, but we need to make a side stop before we go to the Kelp Beds. It's urgent."[/b][/color] He said to the Mirror before he got up and started walking towards the exit of the library without waiting on a response.

Lucian was pleased to see Sombra's aura compose itself. Dragons have said worse than her. It didn't really matter to Lucian once he had a moment to vent his feelings. Keeping a calm composure was important to him. The Shade is a vicious adversary and can easy turn negative emotions into a weapon against him.

He watched Sombra open the map open on the table and 'stared' at it blankly for a moment before continuing to listen to Sombra. "I can see why that would be an issue. The Beastclans are not known to be trusting of dragonkind and for good reason. I can certainly wait outside their territory while you talk with them." Lucian was about to look towards Mu Xin to see what her comment on the plan was when a small flash of light appeared next to the large Imperial. A Light Sprite could be seen hovering in the air next to the Warrior.

"Why are you here Corona? I thought you were looking after Silvantis for me." A chorus of chimes could be heard in response and Lucian's expression soured. "Forgive me, Sombra, but we need to make a side stop before we go to the Kelp Beds. It's urgent." He said to the Mirror before he got up and started walking towards the exit of the library without waiting on a response.
Sombra blinks in surprise at Lucian. What could be so important that they need to postpone their task? Something certainly exciting.

She slips a paw into her bag, expertly sorting the items out blindly, and she has to hide a smirk as she finds what she's looking for. The miniscule artificial bug sits snugly in her palm and as she moves to follow Lucian, she clips it into the cloth of Kellmite. That way she'll know what they are doing and where they are. She waves them a short goodbye and shouts a keep in touch, you guys, she lets her wings boost her in the direction of Lucian's huge form.

She drops down next to him, not really concerned about the shouts of librarians around them.

"So where are we going?" she asks. "Your familiar sounded distressed, is there a problem? I really hope nothing serious came up."
Sombra blinks in surprise at Lucian. What could be so important that they need to postpone their task? Something certainly exciting.

She slips a paw into her bag, expertly sorting the items out blindly, and she has to hide a smirk as she finds what she's looking for. The miniscule artificial bug sits snugly in her palm and as she moves to follow Lucian, she clips it into the cloth of Kellmite. That way she'll know what they are doing and where they are. She waves them a short goodbye and shouts a keep in touch, you guys, she lets her wings boost her in the direction of Lucian's huge form.

She drops down next to him, not really concerned about the shouts of librarians around them.

"So where are we going?" she asks. "Your familiar sounded distressed, is there a problem? I really hope nothing serious came up."
9653400.gif
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=17&tab=dragon&did=27974595][img]http://orig04.deviantart.net/6551/f/2017/177/a/7/lucian_150_by_arykhdragon777-dbe5ydv.png[/img][/url][/center] Corona hovered around Lucian's head, satisfied that she delivered her message to her master. [color=#b39c00][b]"My charge needs a dose of my potion. I thought she would be fine for the festival, but I was mistaken. Her mate is helping her at the moment. It's not the first time she has had an episode, but we need to get there quickly."[/b][/color] Lucian said as they left the library and emerged outside. [color=#b39c00][b]"They are not far, just beyond the edge of the festival grounds."[/b][/color] Lucian said as he spread his wings. Outside of the library, the hustle and bustle of the festival could be fully heard. Lucian's mind burned with the sight of so many dragon's auras. It was like staring into a lake with the sun reflecting into your eyes from the crest of every wave. In the library, the walls muted the intensity at least. Lucian took to the air first and started flying over the festival at a decent height. He was conscious of making sure Sombra could keep up. There were not many smaller dragons that could keep up with a Imperial flying full force. [color=#b39c00][b]"In case you are wondering, she is Shade-Touched. Part of her soul has been corrupted by the Shade, the ancient enemy of Sorienth."[/b][/color]
Corona hovered around Lucian's head, satisfied that she delivered her message to her master. "My charge needs a dose of my potion. I thought she would be fine for the festival, but I was mistaken. Her mate is helping her at the moment. It's not the first time she has had an episode, but we need to get there quickly." Lucian said as they left the library and emerged outside. "They are not far, just beyond the edge of the festival grounds." Lucian said as he spread his wings. Outside of the library, the hustle and bustle of the festival could be fully heard. Lucian's mind burned with the sight of so many dragon's auras. It was like staring into a lake with the sun reflecting into your eyes from the crest of every wave. In the library, the walls muted the intensity at least.

Lucian took to the air first and started flying over the festival at a decent height. He was conscious of making sure Sombra could keep up. There were not many smaller dragons that could keep up with a Imperial flying full force. "In case you are wondering, she is Shade-Touched. Part of her soul has been corrupted by the Shade, the ancient enemy of Sorienth."
Sombra spreads her wings and takes off like a bullet. She has the feeling that Lucian might be considerate of her size, and she oddly felt grateful instead of annoyed.

The sounds of the festival slowly dies down as they reach a higher current of air. It soothes her pent up nerves; the open air always made her feel safer than closed areas full of dragons. Sombra looks down, the sight of the tower and city growing smaller.

She whistles softly at the news, when they can better hear eachother, both saddened and slightly confused. "That's tough, buddy. I've never met a Shade-Touched before," probably because they die so soon. "Are you also an alchemist of some sort?" she patted her tool-kit strapped to her side. "I needed to teach myself the basics, as my patron is the Arcanist, and I've picked up on knowledge not just from dragons but beastclans too. One needs to know not just how to make poisons, but the cure for them."
Sombra spreads her wings and takes off like a bullet. She has the feeling that Lucian might be considerate of her size, and she oddly felt grateful instead of annoyed.

The sounds of the festival slowly dies down as they reach a higher current of air. It soothes her pent up nerves; the open air always made her feel safer than closed areas full of dragons. Sombra looks down, the sight of the tower and city growing smaller.

She whistles softly at the news, when they can better hear eachother, both saddened and slightly confused. "That's tough, buddy. I've never met a Shade-Touched before," probably because they die so soon. "Are you also an alchemist of some sort?" she patted her tool-kit strapped to her side. "I needed to teach myself the basics, as my patron is the Arcanist, and I've picked up on knowledge not just from dragons but beastclans too. One needs to know not just how to make poisons, but the cure for them."
9653400.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11