Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Wandering Lost {Private}
1 2 3 4
@RKoala ((Subscribed.)) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33847648][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/338477/33847648.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33728294][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/337283/33728294.png[/img][/url][/center] Blood seeped into the sand, turning the water that lapped the beach around the Skydancer red. Yorgreph shuddered; the air that brushed against his hide was cold due to his soaked state. His pain dulled senses vaguely picked up someone standing over him. Shirmea, his ward. The silk draped Pearlcatcher was just as soaked as his companion, but unlike Yorgreph, Shirmea didn't have a broken wing and gashes across his side, gashes from claws that had gone straight through Yorgreph's armor like a knife cutting butter. He was such an idiot, coming out here like life was some grand adventure. Shirmea had been flying over the sea, trying to stay ahead of Yorgreph, who was determined to bring him back home, when a sudden gust of wind sent Shirmea into the ocean. Having never been near such a large body of water in his life, Shirmea sunk like a rock, desperately trying to paddle upwards. But learning how to swim on the spot was not so simple. Yorgreph dove in after him. They almost reached the surface when a monstrous Ridgeback rose from the depths, jaws agape as it propelled itself towards them. Yorgreph manged to breach the surface, talons hooked around Shirmea's collar. Shirmea was quick to take to the air, but the Ridgeback lunged up out of the water, claws snagging Yorgreph and dragging the Skydancer back into the water. Yorgreph used his magic to freeze the water around them and escaped, but the damage had already been done. It took everything Shirmea had to haul Yorgreph to land. Now here they were, Yorgreph unresponsive and Shirmea with no clue what to do. He didn't have the mighty powers of his parents. He couldn't heal the Skydancer. "Go back... to... castle," Yorgreph wheezed. "No!" Shirmea exclaimed, shocked. "I'm not going to leave you! I'll... go find help! Yes, that's what I'll do!" The Pearlcatcher turned and trotted up the beach. He was exhausted, his limbs trembling, but he couldn't sit. He needed to find help.
@RKoala

((Subscribed.))
33847648.png33728294.png

Blood seeped into the sand, turning the water that lapped the beach around the Skydancer red. Yorgreph shuddered; the air that brushed against his hide was cold due to his soaked state. His pain dulled senses vaguely picked up someone standing over him. Shirmea, his ward.

The silk draped Pearlcatcher was just as soaked as his companion, but unlike Yorgreph, Shirmea didn't have a broken wing and gashes across his side, gashes from claws that had gone straight through Yorgreph's armor like a knife cutting butter.

He was such an idiot, coming out here like life was some grand adventure. Shirmea had been flying over the sea, trying to stay ahead of Yorgreph, who was determined to bring him back home, when a sudden gust of wind sent Shirmea into the ocean.

Having never been near such a large body of water in his life, Shirmea sunk like a rock, desperately trying to paddle upwards. But learning how to swim on the spot was not so simple. Yorgreph dove in after him.

They almost reached the surface when a monstrous Ridgeback rose from the depths, jaws agape as it propelled itself towards them. Yorgreph manged to breach the surface, talons hooked around Shirmea's collar. Shirmea was quick to take to the air, but the Ridgeback lunged up out of the water, claws snagging Yorgreph and dragging the Skydancer back into the water.

Yorgreph used his magic to freeze the water around them and escaped, but the damage had already been done. It took everything Shirmea had to haul Yorgreph to land.

Now here they were, Yorgreph unresponsive and Shirmea with no clue what to do. He didn't have the mighty powers of his parents. He couldn't heal the Skydancer.

"Go back... to... castle," Yorgreph wheezed.

"No!" Shirmea exclaimed, shocked. "I'm not going to leave you! I'll... go find help! Yes, that's what I'll do!" The Pearlcatcher turned and trotted up the beach. He was exhausted, his limbs trembling, but he couldn't sit. He needed to find help.
91586610.png
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31948299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/319483/31948299.png[/img] [/url][/center] Not so far from the strange pair was a very grouchy goblin, disappointed that the two of them had to come along and ruin his day. He had planned to spend the day basking in the sun (rather than the shadows for a time), but ran and hid when he heard a loud commotion in the distance. These were not so friendly parts and it was a dangerous thing to forget. As it turned out, the commotion had been caused by these (in the goblin's not-so-humble opinion) overdressed heathens. He watched for a short while when they landed on the beach and observed what was going on. From what he could gather, one of them had been badly damaged and the other ([i]a child? or... more likely a fledgling?[/i]) was desperately looking about trying to figure out what to do. While he wasn't very fond of visitors, Frer figured that maybe it would not be such a good idea to leave the two unattended. ([i]Good grief, when were me and Sunat signed up as "superheros" and why didn't I get the memo?[/i] Begrudgingly, he sought out Sunat's aid. Sunat ran to the place Frer (appropriately dubbed "The Grumpy") had shown her and exclaimed, "Oh! Are you alright? What happened to your friend?"

Not so far from the strange pair was a very grouchy goblin, disappointed that the two of them had to come along and ruin his day. He had planned to spend the day basking in the sun (rather than the shadows for a time), but ran and hid when he heard a loud commotion in the distance. These were not so friendly parts and it was a dangerous thing to forget.

As it turned out, the commotion had been caused by these (in the goblin's not-so-humble opinion) overdressed heathens. He watched for a short while when they landed on the beach and observed what was going on. From what he could gather, one of them had been badly damaged and the other (a child? or... more likely a fledgling?) was desperately looking about trying to figure out what to do.

While he wasn't very fond of visitors, Frer figured that maybe it would not be such a good idea to leave the two unattended. (Good grief, when were me and Sunat signed up as "superheros"
and why didn't I get the memo?
Begrudgingly, he sought out Sunat's aid.

Sunat ran to the place Frer (appropriately dubbed "The Grumpy") had shown her and exclaimed, "Oh! Are you alright? What happened to your friend?"

@RKoala

Shirmea didn't get very far before a voice caught his attention. The Pearlcatcher spun to find a Fae standing there. He quickly trotted back to Yorgreph who had fallen unconscious. The Fae didn't look like a threat, but he wasn't certain he could trust her.

"We were attacked by something in the water." Even now, being so close to those depths made him nervous, but he didn't have the strength to move Yorgreph nor did he think it wise. He could make the Skydancer's injuries worse. "Can you help us?"

The sun was helping to dry his wet clothes, but the breeze blowing in off the sea was salty and cold.
@RKoala

Shirmea didn't get very far before a voice caught his attention. The Pearlcatcher spun to find a Fae standing there. He quickly trotted back to Yorgreph who had fallen unconscious. The Fae didn't look like a threat, but he wasn't certain he could trust her.

"We were attacked by something in the water." Even now, being so close to those depths made him nervous, but he didn't have the strength to move Yorgreph nor did he think it wise. He could make the Skydancer's injuries worse. "Can you help us?"

The sun was helping to dry his wet clothes, but the breeze blowing in off the sea was salty and cold.
91586610.png
Sunat observed the scene before her before turning back to the young stranger.

"Yes, I can help you, but... With his injuries, it would be best not to move him. At least, not this way. If you'll allow me to, I can construct a 'stretcher' of sorts and, with your assistance we should get back to my den in just a short bit. You'll need to decide quickly, though. It seems the tides have brought many surprises this week and if we're not quick, it may bring more than we can handle".

Sunat turned to Frer. "Please go inform Tyroanti that I'll be returning to the caves shortly and that they should as well. You may also want to mention that we may or may not have company," Sunat continued as she stared off towards the seemingly distant storm clouds.
Sunat observed the scene before her before turning back to the young stranger.

"Yes, I can help you, but... With his injuries, it would be best not to move him. At least, not this way. If you'll allow me to, I can construct a 'stretcher' of sorts and, with your assistance we should get back to my den in just a short bit. You'll need to decide quickly, though. It seems the tides have brought many surprises this week and if we're not quick, it may bring more than we can handle".

Sunat turned to Frer. "Please go inform Tyroanti that I'll be returning to the caves shortly and that they should as well. You may also want to mention that we may or may not have company," Sunat continued as she stared off towards the seemingly distant storm clouds.
@RKoala

Shirmea hadn't noticed the shadowy goblin lurking beside the Fae, when it moved, he jumped, drawing closer to his fallen friend. He didn't know what to do. Shirmea had been a sheltered child, a situation such as this should never have come about... but it had and it was all because of him.

"Yes, let's do that." It seemed the Fae was not alone. Was she in a clan? Shirmea shook his head; it didn't matter if she was or not. Right now she was his only source of help. This Fae knew what to do so he'd just have to listen to her.

"I-I'll grab something to use for the stretcher," he stuttered nervously, eyes roaming the beach. There was plenty of driftwood. Shirmea reluctantly moved away from Yorgreph to pick through the nearby ones.

He could see clouds starting to gather on the horizon, over the sea. Shirmea didn't want to be out in the open if a storm was approaching. The Pearlcatcher found several, sturdy, tree branches and dragged them back to where Yorgreph lay. "What next?"
@RKoala

Shirmea hadn't noticed the shadowy goblin lurking beside the Fae, when it moved, he jumped, drawing closer to his fallen friend. He didn't know what to do. Shirmea had been a sheltered child, a situation such as this should never have come about... but it had and it was all because of him.

"Yes, let's do that." It seemed the Fae was not alone. Was she in a clan? Shirmea shook his head; it didn't matter if she was or not. Right now she was his only source of help. This Fae knew what to do so he'd just have to listen to her.

"I-I'll grab something to use for the stretcher," he stuttered nervously, eyes roaming the beach. There was plenty of driftwood. Shirmea reluctantly moved away from Yorgreph to pick through the nearby ones.

He could see clouds starting to gather on the horizon, over the sea. Shirmea didn't want to be out in the open if a storm was approaching. The Pearlcatcher found several, sturdy, tree branches and dragged them back to where Yorgreph lay. "What next?"
91586610.png
Sunat looked down at the boards and inspected them briefly.

"Alright, these look sturdy enough," Sunat said. "Now we just need to find something to tie them together".

Sunat looked around for a moment before noticing the vines coiled around a tree nearby. She pulled the vines off and started tying the boards together.

"There we are! It's not the greatest thing I've ever made, but it'll do".

Sunat started to reach for the wounded dragon before stopping herself, realizing the young dragon may not be comfortable with her doing that.

"Eh... Perhaps you'd like to move them? Or are you okay with me doing it?"
Sunat looked down at the boards and inspected them briefly.

"Alright, these look sturdy enough," Sunat said. "Now we just need to find something to tie them together".

Sunat looked around for a moment before noticing the vines coiled around a tree nearby. She pulled the vines off and started tying the boards together.

"There we are! It's not the greatest thing I've ever made, but it'll do".

Sunat started to reach for the wounded dragon before stopping herself, realizing the young dragon may not be comfortable with her doing that.

"Eh... Perhaps you'd like to move them? Or are you okay with me doing it?"
@RKoala

((Sometimes I forget about Pearlcatcher pearls xD))

Shirmea hovered anxiously as the Fae worked on the stretcher. When she reached for Yorgreph, he almost protested. However, the Fae stopped to check with him first. "How about both of us?" He stepped close to help drag Yorgreph onto the stretcher.

When the Skydancer was situated, Shirmea moved to the back of the stretcher and lifted it in his hands, balancing on his hind legs. His tail was securely wrapped around his pearl. In his panic, he had forgotten to check on it to make sure it was still there.

There were times he didn't think about it, as it was so common place for him to carry it with his tail that it felt like it wasn't there, so used to it's weight as he was. "It's not far is it?" He asked the Fae, not certain he could walk very far like this on two legs.
@RKoala

((Sometimes I forget about Pearlcatcher pearls xD))

Shirmea hovered anxiously as the Fae worked on the stretcher. When she reached for Yorgreph, he almost protested. However, the Fae stopped to check with him first. "How about both of us?" He stepped close to help drag Yorgreph onto the stretcher.

When the Skydancer was situated, Shirmea moved to the back of the stretcher and lifted it in his hands, balancing on his hind legs. His tail was securely wrapped around his pearl. In his panic, he had forgotten to check on it to make sure it was still there.

There were times he didn't think about it, as it was so common place for him to carry it with his tail that it felt like it wasn't there, so used to it's weight as he was. "It's not far is it?" He asked the Fae, not certain he could walk very far like this on two legs.
91586610.png
"I'm afraid it is, friend. You see, I'm a fae dragon and so is the other person living with me nowadays. Fae dragons aren't the best of swimmers unfortunately, and we usually like to make our home in vast caves," Sunat told the Young Pearlcatcher.

"Luckily," she continued, "It's just me and my new friend living in the cave so far. It's a bit small and homely in my opinion, but it's all I've ever known. I chose the place when I was younger because at the time I wasn't really that great of a swimmer and the Tide rises far too high sometimes".

Sunat continued, "No my friend, it'll be a while and at some point we'll be traveling upward. Shouldn't take too long once we've started on the road home proper. I hope you're ready, young one".
"I'm afraid it is, friend. You see, I'm a fae dragon and so is the other person living with me nowadays. Fae dragons aren't the best of swimmers unfortunately, and we usually like to make our home in vast caves," Sunat told the Young Pearlcatcher.

"Luckily," she continued, "It's just me and my new friend living in the cave so far. It's a bit small and homely in my opinion, but it's all I've ever known. I chose the place when I was younger because at the time I wasn't really that great of a swimmer and the Tide rises far too high sometimes".

Sunat continued, "No my friend, it'll be a while and at some point we'll be traveling upward. Shouldn't take too long once we've started on the road home proper. I hope you're ready, young one".
@RKoala

Shirmea's ears drooped at the Fae's response. His hands were already trembling from the weight of his guardian. He wrapped his talons tighter around the wood. The makeshift handles were rough and scraped against the underside of his hands.

"Ready? Not really, but I don't have much choice." He gestured to the front of the stretcher with his head. "Are you going to grab that end so we can carry him? Or do I need to move to the front and drag him behind?" Neither prospect seemed ideal. He was weak and the Fae didn't look overly strong either, but he would do what he needed to do to see his friend safe.
@RKoala

Shirmea's ears drooped at the Fae's response. His hands were already trembling from the weight of his guardian. He wrapped his talons tighter around the wood. The makeshift handles were rough and scraped against the underside of his hands.

"Ready? Not really, but I don't have much choice." He gestured to the front of the stretcher with his head. "Are you going to grab that end so we can carry him? Or do I need to move to the front and drag him behind?" Neither prospect seemed ideal. He was weak and the Fae didn't look overly strong either, but he would do what he needed to do to see his friend safe.
91586610.png
((I am subscribed to the thread :p)).

Sunat grabbed the front and sighed, "Let's go before you drop him. Let me know if you need to stop - can't imagine any of this feels good to your hands".

The board jerked upwards rather sharply, seeming to be of no trouble to the fae dragon at all.

"Ah, sorry about that. Try to keep your head up and let your mind wonder. It makes the time pass by more quickly and might help distract you from the discomfort you're probably feeling right about now".
((I am subscribed to the thread :p)).

Sunat grabbed the front and sighed, "Let's go before you drop him. Let me know if you need to stop - can't imagine any of this feels good to your hands".

The board jerked upwards rather sharply, seeming to be of no trouble to the fae dragon at all.

"Ah, sorry about that. Try to keep your head up and let your mind wonder. It makes the time pass by more quickly and might help distract you from the discomfort you're probably feeling right about now".
1 2 3 4