Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fate's chosen [1x1]
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48
Sans raised an eyebrow as the nocturne stumbled, ready to catch them if need be. "I would be lieing if i said i had thought of that." he said, making a mental note to investigate the source of the surges at a later date. His gaze drifted to Zaiman, who was preparing the sparring grounds. He grunted. He would have to clear that later. "Are you sure you are alright, xylon. That blast hit you hard. Perhaps you should rest. Let me and Zariman handle it today."

"Zariman is human." Sam said simply, "Xylon is...different. There is strange magic with him. I can't put my finger on it, but he is unique. I get the feeling the surges are affecting him on a magical level. Regardless, the pulses are coming, or going, to the tower. As if magic is being gathered, but i don't know why such a thing would happen."
Sans raised an eyebrow as the nocturne stumbled, ready to catch them if need be. "I would be lieing if i said i had thought of that." he said, making a mental note to investigate the source of the surges at a later date. His gaze drifted to Zaiman, who was preparing the sparring grounds. He grunted. He would have to clear that later. "Are you sure you are alright, xylon. That blast hit you hard. Perhaps you should rest. Let me and Zariman handle it today."

"Zariman is human." Sam said simply, "Xylon is...different. There is strange magic with him. I can't put my finger on it, but he is unique. I get the feeling the surges are affecting him on a magical level. Regardless, the pulses are coming, or going, to the tower. As if magic is being gathered, but i don't know why such a thing would happen."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"I'll be fine, I just need to recollect is all. That's assuming another pulse doesn't come around before I can," Xylon said, using his wings as extra support as he moved forward, "It's a good thing that Zariman's and my part of today's training is review. I should have to to recover before we release them to spar and practice."

"Human, yes, but I sense no emotion from him. He has something in place to prevent me from reading his emotions, and it's kind of concerning. That may just be instinct though. We can discus the meaning of this all later," Morgana said, stopping at Nathan's side. Adjusting her mask, she watched as the sparring ring was cleared and two golems rose.

"On my end of today's lesson, things will be simple. We will see just how long you can maintain yourselves in a fight against an opponent who can absorb magics. First though, using what you've learned so far, what can you tell me about these golems at first glance," Zariman asked, turning to face Lucy and Nathan.

At a glance, the two golems appeared identical save for color and element. The golem on the left carried a brilliant deep blue core within its chest cavity while the golem on the right had one of earthen brown. Both had arms cared down into spear like points as apposed to being left as clubs. On a magical level, the blue cored golem seemed to be constantly taking in energy while the brown cored one was constantly outputting.
"I'll be fine, I just need to recollect is all. That's assuming another pulse doesn't come around before I can," Xylon said, using his wings as extra support as he moved forward, "It's a good thing that Zariman's and my part of today's training is review. I should have to to recover before we release them to spar and practice."

"Human, yes, but I sense no emotion from him. He has something in place to prevent me from reading his emotions, and it's kind of concerning. That may just be instinct though. We can discus the meaning of this all later," Morgana said, stopping at Nathan's side. Adjusting her mask, she watched as the sparring ring was cleared and two golems rose.

"On my end of today's lesson, things will be simple. We will see just how long you can maintain yourselves in a fight against an opponent who can absorb magics. First though, using what you've learned so far, what can you tell me about these golems at first glance," Zariman asked, turning to face Lucy and Nathan.

At a glance, the two golems appeared identical save for color and element. The golem on the left carried a brilliant deep blue core within its chest cavity while the golem on the right had one of earthen brown. Both had arms cared down into spear like points as apposed to being left as clubs. On a magical level, the blue cored golem seemed to be constantly taking in energy while the brown cored one was constantly outputting.
sIVoBmo.png ihrGNmK.png2kEcc6D.png
"Have you tried using a protective ward or two to minimize the impact of the surges?" Sans asked, watching the nocturne carefully out of the corner of his eye. "I find them quite useful, but perhaps that is a personal preference."

Samuel simply shrugged, moving to stand beside Lucy. That is, until the golems rose, at which point he held his pearl a little tighter and took a small step back. "This'll be a hoot and a half." He said, his voice heavy with sarcasm. He had little to offer in terms of close combat, and facing up against beings that would absorb most, if not all, magical attack, he would be borderline useless.

Lucy spared a quick glance at Nathan before looking back at the golems, her hand drifting to the quarterstaff that was slung across her back. "These ones are running on two different elements." She said, a hint of nervousness in her voice. "If I had to guess, I would say earth and water. They look different then normal. Built for speed. Maybe used for front line combat or hunting as opposed to sentry and guard duty."
"Have you tried using a protective ward or two to minimize the impact of the surges?" Sans asked, watching the nocturne carefully out of the corner of his eye. "I find them quite useful, but perhaps that is a personal preference."

Samuel simply shrugged, moving to stand beside Lucy. That is, until the golems rose, at which point he held his pearl a little tighter and took a small step back. "This'll be a hoot and a half." He said, his voice heavy with sarcasm. He had little to offer in terms of close combat, and facing up against beings that would absorb most, if not all, magical attack, he would be borderline useless.

Lucy spared a quick glance at Nathan before looking back at the golems, her hand drifting to the quarterstaff that was slung across her back. "These ones are running on two different elements." She said, a hint of nervousness in her voice. "If I had to guess, I would say earth and water. They look different then normal. Built for speed. Maybe used for front line combat or hunting as opposed to sentry and guard duty."
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"Rather than explain too much, let's just say that me and wards don't get along too well. Not to say I wouldn't love to use them though. I just can't make use of them due to quirks with my physical being," Xylon said, shaking his head, "My own mother made that abundantly clear last I spoke with her. Any spell that creates a barrier from one's own energy is just incompatible with me."

"Aught to be interesting at the very least," Morgana said, pausing to scan over the golems. Hearing that they were capable of absorbing magic made her glad she had decided to spread here training out. If she could get close, she'd be able to tear away at their defenses, but that looked like it'd be easier said than done.

"The elements look to match up there. They seem more complicated than that though. The water's core seems to be taking in energy while the earth's seems to be pouring it out. My guess is that they're connected in some way. Perhaps they feed into each other and swap off when needed," Nathan commented, drawing his focus and blade, "I'm thinking they're designed to work in pairs meant to rush and overwhelm opponents."

"Very good. This particular morph of golem is referred to as a Paladin Pair. While one rushes in to strike, the other will stand back to absorb incoming magics for the other to use as fuel. Your goal today is to these two down as a team," Zariman said, stepping aside, "When you're ready, step into the ring to begin your assault."
"Rather than explain too much, let's just say that me and wards don't get along too well. Not to say I wouldn't love to use them though. I just can't make use of them due to quirks with my physical being," Xylon said, shaking his head, "My own mother made that abundantly clear last I spoke with her. Any spell that creates a barrier from one's own energy is just incompatible with me."

"Aught to be interesting at the very least," Morgana said, pausing to scan over the golems. Hearing that they were capable of absorbing magic made her glad she had decided to spread here training out. If she could get close, she'd be able to tear away at their defenses, but that looked like it'd be easier said than done.

"The elements look to match up there. They seem more complicated than that though. The water's core seems to be taking in energy while the earth's seems to be pouring it out. My guess is that they're connected in some way. Perhaps they feed into each other and swap off when needed," Nathan commented, drawing his focus and blade, "I'm thinking they're designed to work in pairs meant to rush and overwhelm opponents."

"Very good. This particular morph of golem is referred to as a Paladin Pair. While one rushes in to strike, the other will stand back to absorb incoming magics for the other to use as fuel. Your goal today is to these two down as a team," Zariman said, stepping aside, "When you're ready, step into the ring to begin your assault."
((Like Sans's new look?))

"I'll take your word for it. Hopefully whatever is going on passes soon, you don't look like you can take much more." He said, turning his attention to the sparring ring and raising his eyebrow. "Where did you two get Golems from? Don't they take ages to make properly?"

Sam looked at the golems, the gears turning in his mind as he searched for a way he might be of use. "Go for the earth one. Take him out and I might be able to overload the feeder."

"Good a plan as any." Lucy said, drawing the shortsword. She would've preferred to use her staff, but the golems were far to large, and if Nathan was right, they would quickly move into close quarters, at which point her staff would be useless. She looked over at Nathan, a determined look on her face. "Ready?" She asked him, sparks beginning to dance between the fingers of her off hand.
((Like Sans's new look?))

"I'll take your word for it. Hopefully whatever is going on passes soon, you don't look like you can take much more." He said, turning his attention to the sparring ring and raising his eyebrow. "Where did you two get Golems from? Don't they take ages to make properly?"

Sam looked at the golems, the gears turning in his mind as he searched for a way he might be of use. "Go for the earth one. Take him out and I might be able to overload the feeder."

"Good a plan as any." Lucy said, drawing the shortsword. She would've preferred to use her staff, but the golems were far to large, and if Nathan was right, they would quickly move into close quarters, at which point her staff would be useless. She looked over at Nathan, a determined look on her face. "Ready?" She asked him, sparks beginning to dance between the fingers of her off hand.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
Being Executors has its benefits. You already know the wealth of resources we have compared to the average Rider. You are right though, it did take years to make these two. We had them tested yesterday while we were all busy sparring," Xylon said, watching Nathan and Lucy, "We thought it'd be fitting to give them a true challenge as their lesson. Something they would need to use everything they learned to take care of. We justified the expense by saying it would prove whether or not these two are cut out for combat. If they aren't, we can call the golems off and they'll have use around the grounds. If they are, then they will have taken down one of the most feared units from the Golem Workshop's own design."

"If we can create enough of a distraction, I can get in close and start stripping the defenses of the other. Without fortifications, a direct hit to the core should take it out. Only thing we'd need to do is make sure that shot lands," Morgana said, closing her eyes to see what Nathan was seeing, "If what Nathan is seeing is any indication, we'll want to be careful of magic bolts from the non-feeder until we can cut the link."

"Seems we have a plan then," Nathan said, attaching the focus to the hilt of this blade. After a moment, a thin layer of stone enveloped the four like armor, "This should help a little at the least." Separating the focus and blade once more, he stepped into the ring before starting to strafe around the golems.
Being Executors has its benefits. You already know the wealth of resources we have compared to the average Rider. You are right though, it did take years to make these two. We had them tested yesterday while we were all busy sparring," Xylon said, watching Nathan and Lucy, "We thought it'd be fitting to give them a true challenge as their lesson. Something they would need to use everything they learned to take care of. We justified the expense by saying it would prove whether or not these two are cut out for combat. If they aren't, we can call the golems off and they'll have use around the grounds. If they are, then they will have taken down one of the most feared units from the Golem Workshop's own design."

"If we can create enough of a distraction, I can get in close and start stripping the defenses of the other. Without fortifications, a direct hit to the core should take it out. Only thing we'd need to do is make sure that shot lands," Morgana said, closing her eyes to see what Nathan was seeing, "If what Nathan is seeing is any indication, we'll want to be careful of magic bolts from the non-feeder until we can cut the link."

"Seems we have a plan then," Nathan said, attaching the focus to the hilt of this blade. After a moment, a thin layer of stone enveloped the four like armor, "This should help a little at the least." Separating the focus and blade once more, he stepped into the ring before starting to strafe around the golems.
Sans chuckled, watching the scene unfold with a careful eye. "I suppose I will have to give Nathan a chance to rest before I take him aside. I do not doubt their ability to pass your council's test, but I do not think they are ready for this particular test. They still have much to learn."

"Just get rid of it." Sam said, stepping into the ring behind lucy and muttering to himself, drawing runes on the surface of his pearl. "And don't worry about any bolts. Unless there is another surge, and as long as we don't use any magic on them, they won't have any to use on us."

"Thanks for the padding." Lucy said, not taking her eyes off the golems as she stepped into the ring and moving in the opposite direction of nathan, trying to flank the earthen creations between the two of them.
Sans chuckled, watching the scene unfold with a careful eye. "I suppose I will have to give Nathan a chance to rest before I take him aside. I do not doubt their ability to pass your council's test, but I do not think they are ready for this particular test. They still have much to learn."

"Just get rid of it." Sam said, stepping into the ring behind lucy and muttering to himself, drawing runes on the surface of his pearl. "And don't worry about any bolts. Unless there is another surge, and as long as we don't use any magic on them, they won't have any to use on us."

"Thanks for the padding." Lucy said, not taking her eyes off the golems as she stepped into the ring and moving in the opposite direction of nathan, trying to flank the earthen creations between the two of them.
70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
"Zariman would be entirely ready to argue with you on that one. Personally, I feel they're not quite ready, but still capable of putting up a good fight. I highly doubt they'll do so bad as to make us reconsider their place here," Xylon said, watching the golems spring to life, "They need not take the constructs down entirely. All they need to do is prove they can handle themselves in a real fight. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if all four of them would want to rest regardless of outcome."

Splitting their attention between Lucy and Nathan, the constructs shifted and weaved to meet the Riders. While the water core focused on Lucy with its arms dragging in the dirt to kick up dust, the earth core shifted into a defensive stance as it watched Nathan expecting a spell.

Using the dust kicked up by the Water core as cover, Morgana slipped from view. Monitoring both constructs, she prepared to strike. She needed to wait for an opening large enough to strike at either golem. As much as she'd like to strike now, both cores posed too much of a threat . The water was moving too quickly for her to get a clean hit, and the earth core prepared itself to counter.

Seeing the earth core hunker down with its arms covering the core itself, Nathan moved to start probing the construct's defenses. Jabbing and cutting with the blade, he would jump back at the first sign of retaliation. Each strike he landed caused energies to well within him, but he didn't let the energy flow from him as he usually would. He wanted to be a distraction, and he needed as much energy available as possible to be ready to strike.

((Oh, and Sans looks amazing. The new outfit suits him nicely.))
"Zariman would be entirely ready to argue with you on that one. Personally, I feel they're not quite ready, but still capable of putting up a good fight. I highly doubt they'll do so bad as to make us reconsider their place here," Xylon said, watching the golems spring to life, "They need not take the constructs down entirely. All they need to do is prove they can handle themselves in a real fight. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if all four of them would want to rest regardless of outcome."

Splitting their attention between Lucy and Nathan, the constructs shifted and weaved to meet the Riders. While the water core focused on Lucy with its arms dragging in the dirt to kick up dust, the earth core shifted into a defensive stance as it watched Nathan expecting a spell.

Using the dust kicked up by the Water core as cover, Morgana slipped from view. Monitoring both constructs, she prepared to strike. She needed to wait for an opening large enough to strike at either golem. As much as she'd like to strike now, both cores posed too much of a threat . The water was moving too quickly for her to get a clean hit, and the earth core prepared itself to counter.

Seeing the earth core hunker down with its arms covering the core itself, Nathan moved to start probing the construct's defenses. Jabbing and cutting with the blade, he would jump back at the first sign of retaliation. Each strike he landed caused energies to well within him, but he didn't let the energy flow from him as he usually would. He wanted to be a distraction, and he needed as much energy available as possible to be ready to strike.

((Oh, and Sans looks amazing. The new outfit suits him nicely.))
((Where are you pulling these golems from? I feel like I have heard of a Paladin pair before.))

((Where are you pulling these golems from? I feel like I have heard of a Paladin pair before.))

70YmvCZ.png
Libra, He/Him +1 FR time
((If they're from somewhere, I wouldn't know, I just came up with them on the spot. I might see if I can't find anything similar.
Closest thing I can find is something from hearthstone, but that's it.))
((If they're from somewhere, I wouldn't know, I just came up with them on the spot. I might see if I can't find anything similar.
Closest thing I can find is something from hearthstone, but that's it.))
1 2 ... 39 40 41 42 43 ... 47 48