Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | WotS OOC (Ask to Join)
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16
so this is a lil late. something kinda big came up so--- this is gonna rushed as heck. if you need clarification for anything just lemme know lmao

@Dogsblubblub

dustkit-- everything looks good, except it would be pretty hard for high-walkers to be close to walkerclan territory without the other clans seeing them and causing a huge stir.
what could work instead is that he was discovered by rough foots who rescued him from the desert, but because he smelled "odd" passed him off to walkerclan to avoid any potential high-walker curse-age.
or. if you wanted to keep his discovery more in walkerclan: he could have been discovered by a deft who chased prey a ways out of the territories by mistake and discovered him in the desert.

fishkit-- a few things. while i love this dolphin-cryptid lovin kitty she's gonna be very difficult/have limited playing times. mostly because last time i did this i made very specific, special rules for a hairless characters-- since they would be horribly burned by the desert sun and probably not last long.
so. fiskit can stay /but/ she must be a hairless mutation-- so her parents and siblings have normal fur, making her the only hairless in the family. also she cannot stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes at a time without being wrapped in wet kelp or covered in mud. and even then these have to be changed/and removed to keep from irritating her skin.
she can be more active on land during coldsea and other less sunny days-- and be able to have unrestricted time out during the early, early mornings, late evenings, and nights.
swimming wise, she probably can't stay in the water too long, because she doesn't have fur to keep her warm.
WHICH will make for a real interesting uphill battle to become a far swimmer >:}}c

final thing (which is just a nit-pick). "moon" i a name with religious affiliation, especially in shoalclan, and wouldn't be used as a prefix or a suffix. but, if you wanted a celestial name, "star" is 100% a-ok as a prefix or a suffix.

@Burnmoon

cool dad cat is good to go, m8 :}}

@superpapershark

duskfall is also accepted :}}

@SpottedSorex

sure thing m8, though i'm gonna put actually playing out rogue/loner/kp characters on hold until ppl settle into their clan characters a little.
but one of those slots is yours :}}

@stormbringer02

hey hey no worries about posting elsewhere.

a few things with poisonlily: medicine cats in these clans /can/ have mates and kits as long as there are other current med cats in place (which edgeclan has two) but there's nothing code breaking about a med cat having a mate or kits in general.
so there's really no reason why she'd have to take them to hillclan-- even if ashwater was from hillclan, it would be incredibly suspicious and she could probably just claim their father was in edgeclan but wanted to remain anonymous to protect her inter-clan romance secret.

also, if she was chosen as a med cat as an adult & had kits, i'd be fine with that but probably no to an apprentice or older kit having a full blown romance and kits ://

also, nit-picky stuff: but fern-- and newt-- would not be native to the area. any of the plants from the herb list would work instead of fern (or any plants from the baja sur or even sonoran desert could also work). and newt could easily become either lizard or some other native animal.
so this is a lil late. something kinda big came up so--- this is gonna rushed as heck. if you need clarification for anything just lemme know lmao

@Dogsblubblub

dustkit-- everything looks good, except it would be pretty hard for high-walkers to be close to walkerclan territory without the other clans seeing them and causing a huge stir.
what could work instead is that he was discovered by rough foots who rescued him from the desert, but because he smelled "odd" passed him off to walkerclan to avoid any potential high-walker curse-age.
or. if you wanted to keep his discovery more in walkerclan: he could have been discovered by a deft who chased prey a ways out of the territories by mistake and discovered him in the desert.

fishkit-- a few things. while i love this dolphin-cryptid lovin kitty she's gonna be very difficult/have limited playing times. mostly because last time i did this i made very specific, special rules for a hairless characters-- since they would be horribly burned by the desert sun and probably not last long.
so. fiskit can stay /but/ she must be a hairless mutation-- so her parents and siblings have normal fur, making her the only hairless in the family. also she cannot stay out in the sun for more than 15 minutes at a time without being wrapped in wet kelp or covered in mud. and even then these have to be changed/and removed to keep from irritating her skin.
she can be more active on land during coldsea and other less sunny days-- and be able to have unrestricted time out during the early, early mornings, late evenings, and nights.
swimming wise, she probably can't stay in the water too long, because she doesn't have fur to keep her warm.
WHICH will make for a real interesting uphill battle to become a far swimmer >:}}c

final thing (which is just a nit-pick). "moon" i a name with religious affiliation, especially in shoalclan, and wouldn't be used as a prefix or a suffix. but, if you wanted a celestial name, "star" is 100% a-ok as a prefix or a suffix.

@Burnmoon

cool dad cat is good to go, m8 :}}

@superpapershark

duskfall is also accepted :}}

@SpottedSorex

sure thing m8, though i'm gonna put actually playing out rogue/loner/kp characters on hold until ppl settle into their clan characters a little.
but one of those slots is yours :}}

@stormbringer02

hey hey no worries about posting elsewhere.

a few things with poisonlily: medicine cats in these clans /can/ have mates and kits as long as there are other current med cats in place (which edgeclan has two) but there's nothing code breaking about a med cat having a mate or kits in general.
so there's really no reason why she'd have to take them to hillclan-- even if ashwater was from hillclan, it would be incredibly suspicious and she could probably just claim their father was in edgeclan but wanted to remain anonymous to protect her inter-clan romance secret.

also, if she was chosen as a med cat as an adult & had kits, i'd be fine with that but probably no to an apprentice or older kit having a full blown romance and kits ://

also, nit-picky stuff: but fern-- and newt-- would not be native to the area. any of the plants from the herb list would work instead of fern (or any plants from the baja sur or even sonoran desert could also work). and newt could easily become either lizard or some other native animal.
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@Lavendetta

i'm right there with ya. throwing sh*t at my characters is my favorite part of rping >:}}c

also now i gotta think of some poor one sentence descriptions for my cat kiddos -rubs hands together-
@Lavendetta

i'm right there with ya. throwing sh*t at my characters is my favorite part of rping >:}}c

also now i gotta think of some poor one sentence descriptions for my cat kiddos -rubs hands together-
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
@smerdyakov

Edited! I changed the picture of fishkit so her skin was darker, and thus more resistant to the sunlight. I also made it so she has "thick skin," so it is also a bit harder for her to burn. Though, she is still very disadvantaged. I just wanted to to be actually playable, if you know what I mean. I also gave her some Sphinx characteristics, but if that's a little too OP just let me know :)

Names were changed, as well.

Thank you!
@smerdyakov

Edited! I changed the picture of fishkit so her skin was darker, and thus more resistant to the sunlight. I also made it so she has "thick skin," so it is also a bit harder for her to burn. Though, she is still very disadvantaged. I just wanted to to be actually playable, if you know what I mean. I also gave her some Sphinx characteristics, but if that's a little too OP just let me know :)

Names were changed, as well.

Thank you!
Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
-Ultimate dad... I'm crying my Coyotefang is getting the love he needs/deserves
- I'm down to describe my characters in a sentence here we go kids

Hollyeyes: "unaccEPTAAABLE"

Coyotefang, voice cracking and tearing up: "what's up my fellow kids,,,,, what's fresh,,, what's cooking,,, what's bone apple tea these days,, go ahead and take some extra prey from the fresh kill pile nbd :))) just friends being FRIENDS :)))"

@kitea
@lavendetta
@dogsblubblub
-Ultimate dad... I'm crying my Coyotefang is getting the love he needs/deserves
- I'm down to describe my characters in a sentence here we go kids

Hollyeyes: "unaccEPTAAABLE"

Coyotefang, voice cracking and tearing up: "what's up my fellow kids,,,,, what's fresh,,, what's cooking,,, what's bone apple tea these days,, go ahead and take some extra prey from the fresh kill pile nbd :))) just friends being FRIENDS :)))"

@kitea
@lavendetta
@dogsblubblub
xGq4e44.png Click my username for my art shop!
@Burnmoon
hollyeyes is lemongrab confirmed??
Also, Coyotefang is best dad. Just,,, best dad.

@smerdyakov
I find to me that writing scenes with strong negative emotions is easy, because there are a bunch of words I can use to make my characters suffer as much as me on a daily basis.
@Burnmoon
hollyeyes is lemongrab confirmed??
Also, Coyotefang is best dad. Just,,, best dad.

@smerdyakov
I find to me that writing scenes with strong negative emotions is easy, because there are a bunch of words I can use to make my characters suffer as much as me on a daily basis.
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
@Burnmoon CoyoteFang is me always??
@Lavendetta I relate; it is super easy to be descriptive when writing angst.

Fishkit: "Mothman my love"

ConchTail: https://youtu.be/JNxh3r0346Y ... This.

Thrushpaw: Lush™

ChicoryClaw: ,,, :')

Dustkit: Magic™ The Gathering

@kitea

@Burnmoon CoyoteFang is me always??
@Lavendetta I relate; it is super easy to be descriptive when writing angst.

Fishkit: "Mothman my love"

ConchTail: https://youtu.be/JNxh3r0346Y ... This.

Thrushpaw: Lush™

ChicoryClaw: ,,, :')

Dustkit: Magic™ The Gathering

@kitea

Hello! I am 2 hours ahead of FR time.
cockatiel_icon_by_ceavit-d63tcsi.gif
mnem
She/Her
@smerdyakov - That's fine, although it may take me a while to develop that new character. :0

Also, is it alright if Ploverkit loses an eye later on? (probably when he becomes an apprentice)
i'm sorry i just want to give him angst

He could lose it from an accident, or from an attack (by another cat or another animal); I haven't it developed it much so far, so feel free to suggest things- ^^"

@Lavendetta - I'm ready to undertake this one-sentence challenge. (Also I can totally relate to writing angst for my characters because even though I love them I also like to make them s u f f e r)

Mumblesun: so quiet that he's almost invisible
Milkpaw: an edgy teenager who wants to do whatever she wants
Ploverkit: an oblivious cinnamon roll who will suffer in the future
Dryvoice: "my relatives are all dead but i still like being tough™"
@smerdyakov - That's fine, although it may take me a while to develop that new character. :0

Also, is it alright if Ploverkit loses an eye later on? (probably when he becomes an apprentice)
i'm sorry i just want to give him angst

He could lose it from an accident, or from an attack (by another cat or another animal); I haven't it developed it much so far, so feel free to suggest things- ^^"

@Lavendetta - I'm ready to undertake this one-sentence challenge. (Also I can totally relate to writing angst for my characters because even though I love them I also like to make them s u f f e r)

Mumblesun: so quiet that he's almost invisible
Milkpaw: an edgy teenager who wants to do whatever she wants
Ploverkit: an oblivious cinnamon roll who will suffer in the future
Dryvoice: "my relatives are all dead but i still like being tough™"
tumblr_ozp7liPSd31w8xkufo9_250.png
@Dogsblubblub
It is now my personal quest to get Breezeheart to help Fishkit find dolphinman. "IM YOUR NEW UMBRELLA, GET UNDER ME, WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH"
{Also, the video you used to describe ConchTail was so?? funny?? Jesus, it's basically me when I'm alone.}

@SpottedSorex
all your characters are suffering in a way, there is an edgelord, an ignored cat child, someone who likes to be tough even though their relatives died, and a cinnamon roll. cinnamon rolls always suffer one way or another.
@Dogsblubblub
It is now my personal quest to get Breezeheart to help Fishkit find dolphinman. "IM YOUR NEW UMBRELLA, GET UNDER ME, WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH"
{Also, the video you used to describe ConchTail was so?? funny?? Jesus, it's basically me when I'm alone.}

@SpottedSorex
all your characters are suffering in a way, there is an edgelord, an ignored cat child, someone who likes to be tough even though their relatives died, and a cinnamon roll. cinnamon rolls always suffer one way or another.
CxEBf1c.png xx lark
he/him
+2 fr time
x
[b]blacksun:[/b] [url=http://misterhaydencomics.com/post/148868946029/i-made-a-video-about-some-feelings]this[/url] & [url=https://68.media.tumblr.com/124403cb9ab7747469280c75bb559732/tumblr_npltmrfsaZ1r20whwo6_400.jpg]this[/url] [b]mallow:[/b] -slowly dying and trying to drag prey back into walkerclan- this is fine... [b]urchinsong: [/b]-holds up starfish arm- how neat is that... THAT'S PRETTY NEAT [b]scaleface: [/b]here's where i'd put my loving husband, kids, and sense of purpose in life.... if i had any [b]rattlebone:[/b] she's beauty, she's grace, she's falling on her face [b]darkstone: [/b] [img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/44a2798535d2c012af1656e9a4c360dd/tumblr_o2k1ywIcUG1r41teio9_400.jpg[/img] @Dogsblubblub ooooh nice. i didn't even consider darker skin being an option-- so you're good. probably keeping warm in the ocean might be an issue during coldsea but that'll make for an interesting road to being a far swimmer anyways... so she's good to go :}} all ur newbies are accepted. @Lavendetta saaaaaame. -eyeballs characters- soon u will realise... and yeah writing characters in situations that unbalance them emotionally are. my. jam. >:}}ccccccc @SpottedSorex a'ight, i mean, you can post em whenever, just give everyone a few clan-y posts before they amble into the territories is all :}} and you're good to do whatever you want with your character's arcs, m8. go nuts [s]and make them s u f f e r[/s] there's plenty of stuff in the desert and the sea that could take out an eye... :}}c
blacksun: this & this
mallow: -slowly dying and trying to drag prey back into walkerclan- this is fine...
urchinsong: -holds up starfish arm- how neat is that... THAT'S PRETTY NEAT
scaleface: here's where i'd put my loving husband, kids, and sense of purpose in life.... if i had any
rattlebone: she's beauty, she's grace, she's falling on her face
darkstone:

tumblr_o2k1ywIcUG1r41teio9_400.jpg

@Dogsblubblub

ooooh nice. i didn't even consider darker skin being an option-- so you're good. probably keeping warm in the ocean might be an issue during coldsea but that'll make for an interesting road to being a far swimmer anyways... so she's good to go
:}}

all ur newbies are accepted.

@Lavendetta

saaaaaame. -eyeballs characters- soon u will realise...
and yeah writing characters in situations that unbalance them emotionally are. my. jam.
>:}}ccccccc

@SpottedSorex

a'ight, i mean, you can post em whenever, just give everyone a few clan-y posts before they amble into the territories is all :}}
and you're good to do whatever you want with your character's arcs, m8. go nuts and make them s u f f e r
there's plenty of stuff in the desert and the sea that could take out an eye... :}}c
.. 52030.png miles
{he/they}
{fr +0}
{lore}
Aaahhhh yes one sentence descriptions! Okay okay, here we go

Shred: *sad recorder ensemble playing You Give Love A Bad Name*

Patchpaw: literal doggo in cat form
Aaahhhh yes one sentence descriptions! Okay okay, here we go

Shred: *sad recorder ensemble playing You Give Love A Bad Name*

Patchpaw: literal doggo in cat form
eHsIhFC.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15 16