Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] Lair Visitations
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
@beargirl1393 @Stormdance

Nimbus looked very uncomfortable. "How do I do that?" He asked, trying to spread out his wings like she had, and having difficulty moving them under the water. He could see how she could float, but how could he float when he had less surface area? He looked over at Firefly, who was swimming seemingly easily, and wondered how she managed it

Nimbus looked very uncomfortable. "How do I do that?" He asked, trying to spread out his wings like she had, and having difficulty moving them under the water. He could see how she could float, but how could he float when he had less surface area? He looked over at Firefly, who was swimming seemingly easily, and wondered how she managed it
giphy.gif
@Beargirl1393 @andreaissy

"Take a deep breath," Firefly advised. "It makes it easier. And spread your wings out like so."

She demonstrated.
@Beargirl1393 @andreaissy

"Take a deep breath," Firefly advised. "It makes it easier. And spread your wings out like so."

She demonstrated.
mkpoaHZ.png
@Stormdance @andreaissy

Sukh moved closer, carefully helping Nimbus spread his wings. "Now just...let go. Stop holding yourself up and let the water do that. None of us will let you drown, I promise. Just relax, Nimbus, and lay back."
@Stormdance @andreaissy

Sukh moved closer, carefully helping Nimbus spread his wings. "Now just...let go. Stop holding yourself up and let the water do that. None of us will let you drown, I promise. Just relax, Nimbus, and lay back."
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
@Stormdance @beargirl1393

Nimbus looked over at Firefly as she gave advice, then stiffened slightly as Sukh touched his wings unexpectedly, somewhat embarrassed, he took a deep breath, and nervously let go of the wall. His wings tried to flap as he tried to keep himself floating, and he rested his head against Naho in a slight panic as part of him started sinking.
@Stormdance @beargirl1393

Nimbus looked over at Firefly as she gave advice, then stiffened slightly as Sukh touched his wings unexpectedly, somewhat embarrassed, he took a deep breath, and nervously let go of the wall. His wings tried to flap as he tried to keep himself floating, and he rested his head against Naho in a slight panic as part of him started sinking.
giphy.gif
((@beargirl1393 @Stormdance hello?))
((@beargirl1393 @Stormdance hello?))
giphy.gif
@andreaissy @Stormdance
[Sorry, I missed the original ping!]

Sukh kept Nimbus from sinking, although it was a bit difficult as he kept hitting her with his wings and he was bigger than her, at the very least he was longer. "Just relax," she said soothingly. "I won't let you sink, none of us will. You're too tense, it's why you're not floating very well. Relax, and feel the water supporting you. Think of it like when you're flying, and you can feel the air currents around you. The water is all around you, and will support you. Besides," she gave him a small smile. "You're a Wind dragon, you had an advantage that even I don't."
@andreaissy @Stormdance
[Sorry, I missed the original ping!]

Sukh kept Nimbus from sinking, although it was a bit difficult as he kept hitting her with his wings and he was bigger than her, at the very least he was longer. "Just relax," she said soothingly. "I won't let you sink, none of us will. You're too tense, it's why you're not floating very well. Relax, and feel the water supporting you. Think of it like when you're flying, and you can feel the air currents around you. The water is all around you, and will support you. Besides," she gave him a small smile. "You're a Wind dragon, you had an advantage that even I don't."

"Actually, I'm a light dragon." He said a bit stiffly. "And water is heavy. It's weird." Still, he tried to relax a little, keeping his wings mostly steady as he relaxed his long body. He found he was floating just a little better, though it still felt awkward.

"Actually, I'm a light dragon." He said a bit stiffly. "And water is heavy. It's weird." Still, he tried to relax a little, keeping his wings mostly steady as he relaxed his long body. He found he was floating just a little better, though it still felt awkward.
giphy.gif
@andreaissy @Stormdance

"Well, you live in a Wind lair, you've probably learned a trick or two," Sukh said calmly. She was a little bothered that she'd guessed his element wrong, but it wasn't as though she could see his eyes very well. "You're doing better. I know it feels weird at first, trust me, but it does get better. The weird feeling goes away over time, although the heaviness will still be present if you go very deep."
@andreaissy @Stormdance

"Well, you live in a Wind lair, you've probably learned a trick or two," Sukh said calmly. She was a little bothered that she'd guessed his element wrong, but it wasn't as though she could see his eyes very well. "You're doing better. I know it feels weird at first, trust me, but it does get better. The weird feeling goes away over time, although the heaviness will still be present if you go very deep."
@beargirl1393

"Yeah, I have. Kinda had to learn a few tricks to keep up with most of the others when I was younger." He said with a small smile. "And Sukh, I don't blame you for not knowing. I wear green tinted goggles." He said with a slight laugh, relaxing unconsciously as he talked to his friend. "I can understand now how 'Lani was always overshooting and over compensating in the air. Water kinda slows you a bit. It's thick, and requires a lot more effort." He said jokingly
@beargirl1393

"Yeah, I have. Kinda had to learn a few tricks to keep up with most of the others when I was younger." He said with a small smile. "And Sukh, I don't blame you for not knowing. I wear green tinted goggles." He said with a slight laugh, relaxing unconsciously as he talked to his friend. "I can understand now how 'Lani was always overshooting and over compensating in the air. Water kinda slows you a bit. It's thick, and requires a lot more effort." He said jokingly
giphy.gif
@andreaissy @Stormdance

"But that is why Water dragons, or any dragons that spend a lot of time in Water, have strong wings and legs," Sukh pointed out. "Because it requires more effort to move in water than it does in air sometimes." She stopped touching Nimbus after a moment, moving her paws away carefully, so that Nimbus didn't notice right away. "Nimbus, you're floating. Rather well, actually, and on your own." She was still very close, so she could grab him if he went under, but he was doing well.
@andreaissy @Stormdance

"But that is why Water dragons, or any dragons that spend a lot of time in Water, have strong wings and legs," Sukh pointed out. "Because it requires more effort to move in water than it does in air sometimes." She stopped touching Nimbus after a moment, moving her paws away carefully, so that Nimbus didn't notice right away. "Nimbus, you're floating. Rather well, actually, and on your own." She was still very close, so she could grab him if he went under, but he was doing well.
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34