Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pirates, Merfolk, and Politics
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46
(Hey just to let you know, the ship will be restored by Ursula. She was going to temp sink it and then bring it back and repair it)
(Hey just to let you know, the ship will be restored by Ursula. She was going to temp sink it and then bring it back and repair it)
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
(Okay that's fine then. Have fun wreaking havoc!)
(Okay that's fine then. Have fun wreaking havoc!)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
Oztaluel blinked as she inked the water, and smiled a little at her concern. He let her wrap up his injury, and gathered her close, giving a gentle hug with the arm that held the barrel. "Oh, I guess you wouldn't know. After about ten minutes, a shark body begins to decompose, and other sharks can smell that. It scares them enough that they won't follow, because they won't go where a shark died. Self-preservation. We're actually safer from sharks now than we were before, so you don't have to worry about that." He gave a reassuring little smile, and let her swim alongside. "When we go out adventuring, I'll be giving you a shark-fin tail bauble. Holds the smell longest. We'll only have to get rid of a little shark every three months or so, so the sharks stay away, and dolphins and other whales can't smell it like sharks can, so it won't attract anything. Honestly, carrying one with a patrol would do well to keep shark fatalities down. They're actually very clever despite what you may think... And thanks for the seaweed wrap. It'd heal up soon enough, but nothing wrong with speeding it up."

"Well I didn't think you needed to be carried, but if you wanted to I'm not against it, you know," he chuckled, and flicked his fins a little. A great creaking thud reached his ears, and he turned, a curious churr in his throat. A shipwreck? That he hadn't been the cause of? How interesting. He should get this to Ursula and head over to the humans so he could show Titania their parts. "I think I just heard something crash... Wanna head there next?"

((Sorry for short reply, I'm a touch distracted.))
Oztaluel blinked as she inked the water, and smiled a little at her concern. He let her wrap up his injury, and gathered her close, giving a gentle hug with the arm that held the barrel. "Oh, I guess you wouldn't know. After about ten minutes, a shark body begins to decompose, and other sharks can smell that. It scares them enough that they won't follow, because they won't go where a shark died. Self-preservation. We're actually safer from sharks now than we were before, so you don't have to worry about that." He gave a reassuring little smile, and let her swim alongside. "When we go out adventuring, I'll be giving you a shark-fin tail bauble. Holds the smell longest. We'll only have to get rid of a little shark every three months or so, so the sharks stay away, and dolphins and other whales can't smell it like sharks can, so it won't attract anything. Honestly, carrying one with a patrol would do well to keep shark fatalities down. They're actually very clever despite what you may think... And thanks for the seaweed wrap. It'd heal up soon enough, but nothing wrong with speeding it up."

"Well I didn't think you needed to be carried, but if you wanted to I'm not against it, you know," he chuckled, and flicked his fins a little. A great creaking thud reached his ears, and he turned, a curious churr in his throat. A shipwreck? That he hadn't been the cause of? How interesting. He should get this to Ursula and head over to the humans so he could show Titania their parts. "I think I just heard something crash... Wanna head there next?"

((Sorry for short reply, I'm a touch distracted.))
KOouoqn.png 5OwKm6G.png IrPupO0.png vIg3iR3.png tumblr_inline_otq2a1NSHv1qzyloc_500.png
Seeing Rosa tumble overboard, Scott quickly stuffed his journal back into his bag, sealing it tightly. He'd known that working on a ship, especially a pirate ship, might result in him taking unexpected swims, so he'd invested in a water proof bag. Diving into the water after her, swimming towards where she clung to some of the driftwood from the ship/

Amarantha paled slightly at his question, unsure if she should answer it honestly. When people learned of her power, they generally acted differently around her, scared that she would suddenly turn evil and use her power on them. But Caspian deserved to know, especially if they were going to be married. "I... I have a rare magic known as blood magic. I'm one of the only known sea-witch's with that power. In essence, I can control someone if I take their blood," she explained quietly, not looking at him. If his view towards her changed because of the knowledge, she didn't want to say it.

He knit his eyebrows together, somewhat confused. "What powers did your brother have? And why would he need to protect himself from the queen?" At her words about marrying and leaving, Jasper froze, trying not to let himself get jealous. He'd just met her that day, and he didn't even know if she liked him the way he felt about her. And it could just be attraction, nothing more. It was kind of confusing him. Shaking away his thoughts, he said. "Not to be offensive or anything, but shouldn't you not be eligible for marriage to someone in Caspian's court? Doesn't it have to be nobility or something?" Even though Jasper had worked as Caspian's personal guard for many years, he didn't know very much about how the court system worked.
Seeing Rosa tumble overboard, Scott quickly stuffed his journal back into his bag, sealing it tightly. He'd known that working on a ship, especially a pirate ship, might result in him taking unexpected swims, so he'd invested in a water proof bag. Diving into the water after her, swimming towards where she clung to some of the driftwood from the ship/

Amarantha paled slightly at his question, unsure if she should answer it honestly. When people learned of her power, they generally acted differently around her, scared that she would suddenly turn evil and use her power on them. But Caspian deserved to know, especially if they were going to be married. "I... I have a rare magic known as blood magic. I'm one of the only known sea-witch's with that power. In essence, I can control someone if I take their blood," she explained quietly, not looking at him. If his view towards her changed because of the knowledge, she didn't want to say it.

He knit his eyebrows together, somewhat confused. "What powers did your brother have? And why would he need to protect himself from the queen?" At her words about marrying and leaving, Jasper froze, trying not to let himself get jealous. He'd just met her that day, and he didn't even know if she liked him the way he felt about her. And it could just be attraction, nothing more. It was kind of confusing him. Shaking away his thoughts, he said. "Not to be offensive or anything, but shouldn't you not be eligible for marriage to someone in Caspian's court? Doesn't it have to be nobility or something?" Even though Jasper had worked as Caspian's personal guard for many years, he didn't know very much about how the court system worked.
fWEfcS7.gifzgwzOxw.gifMKMP7Ba.png6D1E8Ta.png
Rosa looked at Scott and reached for him, eyes wild, hair wet and sticking to her face. She voiced her thoughts as he neared. "Am I cursed? Will every ship I set foot on sink?" She couldn't help but think it plausible.
____

Caspian made a hmm sound, intrigued. "Sounds interesting," he said, curiousity in his voice. "It must be a unique experience, to see through someone else's eyes." Could she really do such an amazing thing? Why did she seem ashamed of that talent?

____

Selena shook her head.
"I'm not allowed to reveal those things," she said, looking desperately at Jasper. "My brother was very powerful for certain reasons." She bit her lip, drawing blood.
"As for my marriageable status... my brother and I are descended from the primordial god who created the seas. Technically... we should be on the throne, but Ursula's family overthrew us generations ago. We are still high nobility, though, but we don't advertise it. We are nobles in name only." She shrugged. "Ursula's family took almost everything from us, even the castle we swim in now, our ancestral home. I mean, we're distantly related... very distantly. I think she's descended from the god's sister, if I remember the history."
She lowered her voice and muttered, "she probably still considers us a threat. And Titania, that phony princess, who has no blood ties, who shunned my brother when he desperately needed a friend, and who is reckless and foolish, is the heir when she has no right to it! Ursula could have chosen myself or my brother as the heir, but she did not. We, who worked hard in her service, we who have blood ties to the throne, deserve it, but she chose a child whose origins are shrouded in mystery!"

It should have been my brother! Or... me.

(Selena might just challenge Ursula or Titania for the throne at some point.)
Rosa looked at Scott and reached for him, eyes wild, hair wet and sticking to her face. She voiced her thoughts as he neared. "Am I cursed? Will every ship I set foot on sink?" She couldn't help but think it plausible.
____

Caspian made a hmm sound, intrigued. "Sounds interesting," he said, curiousity in his voice. "It must be a unique experience, to see through someone else's eyes." Could she really do such an amazing thing? Why did she seem ashamed of that talent?

____

Selena shook her head.
"I'm not allowed to reveal those things," she said, looking desperately at Jasper. "My brother was very powerful for certain reasons." She bit her lip, drawing blood.
"As for my marriageable status... my brother and I are descended from the primordial god who created the seas. Technically... we should be on the throne, but Ursula's family overthrew us generations ago. We are still high nobility, though, but we don't advertise it. We are nobles in name only." She shrugged. "Ursula's family took almost everything from us, even the castle we swim in now, our ancestral home. I mean, we're distantly related... very distantly. I think she's descended from the god's sister, if I remember the history."
She lowered her voice and muttered, "she probably still considers us a threat. And Titania, that phony princess, who has no blood ties, who shunned my brother when he desperately needed a friend, and who is reckless and foolish, is the heir when she has no right to it! Ursula could have chosen myself or my brother as the heir, but she did not. We, who worked hard in her service, we who have blood ties to the throne, deserve it, but she chose a child whose origins are shrouded in mystery!"

It should have been my brother! Or... me.

(Selena might just challenge Ursula or Titania for the throne at some point.)
Need someone to RP with? Look no further. PM me if you’d like me to join your RP!
((Oh boy Snowleaf I sure hope you know they'd have to fight Tally if they did challenge Titania and he'd kill em both with fewer shreds of remorse than what would be left of their bodies~ And don't think he'd fight fair either. whispers challenge ursula without hurting titania ))
((Oh boy Snowleaf I sure hope you know they'd have to fight Tally if they did challenge Titania and he'd kill em both with fewer shreds of remorse than what would be left of their bodies~ And don't think he'd fight fair either. whispers challenge ursula without hurting titania ))
KOouoqn.png 5OwKm6G.png IrPupO0.png vIg3iR3.png tumblr_inline_otq2a1NSHv1qzyloc_500.png
Grasping onto the wood, Scott shook the wet hair out of his eyes, smiling slightly at Rosa's comment. "You're not cursed," he told her kindly. "Bad luck maybe, but not cursed. All you need is something to counteract it, if that's what it even is," he added. Having been raised by *****'s, Scott knew a thing or two about luck and charms. A curse couldn't be performed without a spoken incantation. Finch landed on the wood next to the two of them, clawing at the wood for a moment before ruffling her feathers.

She looked up quickly at his interest, shock evident in her features. "Y-yeah, it's very unique," she stuttered, still surprised that he wasn't sickened by her powers. "I don't use it very much, since it drains my energy very quickly. Using it too much, too quickly, could be dangerous and put me in a coma." It was kind of dramatic, not exactly something you'd say on a first date, but Amarantha figured he should know the important stuff if they were going to be courting.

"That's some pretty big stuff," Jasper said, eyes wide at the reveal of her family history. Sp she was royalty, though not quite in the same regard as the queen or her heir. He wasn't totally sure what to do at the moment... should he bow? Suddenly the situation had become bigger and more complicated than it had been earlier. His best and maybe only friend was going to be marrying a witch and the girl that he liked was descended from the sea god himself. How did one react to all of that?
Grasping onto the wood, Scott shook the wet hair out of his eyes, smiling slightly at Rosa's comment. "You're not cursed," he told her kindly. "Bad luck maybe, but not cursed. All you need is something to counteract it, if that's what it even is," he added. Having been raised by *****'s, Scott knew a thing or two about luck and charms. A curse couldn't be performed without a spoken incantation. Finch landed on the wood next to the two of them, clawing at the wood for a moment before ruffling her feathers.

She looked up quickly at his interest, shock evident in her features. "Y-yeah, it's very unique," she stuttered, still surprised that he wasn't sickened by her powers. "I don't use it very much, since it drains my energy very quickly. Using it too much, too quickly, could be dangerous and put me in a coma." It was kind of dramatic, not exactly something you'd say on a first date, but Amarantha figured he should know the important stuff if they were going to be courting.

"That's some pretty big stuff," Jasper said, eyes wide at the reveal of her family history. Sp she was royalty, though not quite in the same regard as the queen or her heir. He wasn't totally sure what to do at the moment... should he bow? Suddenly the situation had become bigger and more complicated than it had been earlier. His best and maybe only friend was going to be marrying a witch and the girl that he liked was descended from the sea god himself. How did one react to all of that?
Rosa smiled at Scott, relief in her eyes. She reached for his hand and squeezed it, more for her comfort than his. "Thank you," she whispered. "For rescuing me and staying by me throughout all this."
____

Caspian's eyes widened. "Why use it at all if it's that dangerous for you?" he queried in a soft voice. "I mean, it's an amazing power, but you shouldn't have to hurt yourself to use it..." He gave a long sigh. "And no one should expect you to, either." His eyes were soft and genuinely concerned.

____

Selena held up a hand. "Don't change your opinion of me because of this, please," she whispered. She hadn't liked someone this way for a very long time. "And... it's not like the Queen is bad. Her ancestors were the ones who messed things up."
Daringly, she swam forward and rested a hand against Jasper's cheek. "Don't change the way you treat me because of my bloodline, please."
Rosa smiled at Scott, relief in her eyes. She reached for his hand and squeezed it, more for her comfort than his. "Thank you," she whispered. "For rescuing me and staying by me throughout all this."
____

Caspian's eyes widened. "Why use it at all if it's that dangerous for you?" he queried in a soft voice. "I mean, it's an amazing power, but you shouldn't have to hurt yourself to use it..." He gave a long sigh. "And no one should expect you to, either." His eyes were soft and genuinely concerned.

____

Selena held up a hand. "Don't change your opinion of me because of this, please," she whispered. She hadn't liked someone this way for a very long time. "And... it's not like the Queen is bad. Her ancestors were the ones who messed things up."
Daringly, she swam forward and rested a hand against Jasper's cheek. "Don't change the way you treat me because of my bloodline, please."
"It's no problem, really," Scott said, blushing slightly. Finch turned to look at him and he shook his head at her, then stuck out his tongue. The two had almost a telepathic type of relationship, and sometimes it had freaked some of the members of the crew out. "Now, what do you say we try and put some of this wood together so we aren't clutching this forever."

"I don't do it very often," Amarantha replied quickly. "And that only ever happens of it's large creature, over a large distance, for an extended period of time. I only ever do it on small creatures," she explained. It was strange, but she felt the need to reassure him. Maybe it was because he seemed to be genuinely concerned, maybe it was because she was beginning to like him. She swam a little closer, giving him a shy smile. "I've never even come close to being hurt. The worst that's ever happened is a three hour nap."

Jasper nodded, smiling slightly as she touched his cheek. He felt a sudden weight lifted from his shoulders and breathed a small sigh of relief. "I understand. Politics can get kind of confusing sometimes," he said with a laugh. "I promise not to change how I look at you, as long as you promise to do the same thing. Especially if I ever do something stupid." He laughed again, shaking his head slightly.
"It's no problem, really," Scott said, blushing slightly. Finch turned to look at him and he shook his head at her, then stuck out his tongue. The two had almost a telepathic type of relationship, and sometimes it had freaked some of the members of the crew out. "Now, what do you say we try and put some of this wood together so we aren't clutching this forever."

"I don't do it very often," Amarantha replied quickly. "And that only ever happens of it's large creature, over a large distance, for an extended period of time. I only ever do it on small creatures," she explained. It was strange, but she felt the need to reassure him. Maybe it was because he seemed to be genuinely concerned, maybe it was because she was beginning to like him. She swam a little closer, giving him a shy smile. "I've never even come close to being hurt. The worst that's ever happened is a three hour nap."

Jasper nodded, smiling slightly as she touched his cheek. He felt a sudden weight lifted from his shoulders and breathed a small sigh of relief. "I understand. Politics can get kind of confusing sometimes," he said with a laugh. "I promise not to change how I look at you, as long as you promise to do the same thing. Especially if I ever do something stupid." He laughed again, shaking his head slightly.
Nayvera continued to peek inside the ship , occasionally looking to see if other mers had noticed she wasn't apart of the attack. Getting more bored by the minute , she decided to peer at the surface.
With a powerful flick of her tail , she managed to reach the surface in under a couple of seconds , granted , she wasn't fully grown and wasn't a incredibility fast swimmer yet.
She gazed around , and spotted two humans cluched onto a piece of wood. But ...what was that?? It looked like a seagull , but it wasnt. Curiosity consumed her mind , and without realizing it she were taking the plunge torward the bird , her fear of people dissolving.
She swam in circles , almost like a shark , underneath the two humans. Finally she breached again , this time dangerously close to the bird stuck out its tongue.
"If that's not the cutest thing I've ever seen! I might die." she thought .
Nayvera continued to peek inside the ship , occasionally looking to see if other mers had noticed she wasn't apart of the attack. Getting more bored by the minute , she decided to peer at the surface.
With a powerful flick of her tail , she managed to reach the surface in under a couple of seconds , granted , she wasn't fully grown and wasn't a incredibility fast swimmer yet.
She gazed around , and spotted two humans cluched onto a piece of wood. But ...what was that?? It looked like a seagull , but it wasnt. Curiosity consumed her mind , and without realizing it she were taking the plunge torward the bird , her fear of people dissolving.
She swam in circles , almost like a shark , underneath the two humans. Finally she breached again , this time dangerously close to the bird stuck out its tongue.
"If that's not the cutest thing I've ever seen! I might die." she thought .
DE4-CE494-C24-A-441-F-8809-5-B8-BFD08205-C.png| He/She | Autistic/ADHD| 3+ FR Time |
1 2 ... 32 33 34 35 36 ... 45 46