Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sink or Swim {1x1 with LightShade07734}
(Alright, Ill start with bios!)

Name: Aries
Personality: Confident. Dosent mind losing a few people on the path to her goals, unless ofcourse your important. Enjoys being feared throughout her ship. (even though a total of maybe 4 people are actually afraid, most of them are just creeped out.)
Appareance: Tall but not extremely so, around 5'7" with mid back length blonde hair. Wears a deep dusty blue pirate hat with a single large black feather. Has a knee length top coap in the same blue color, though the end of the coat has some charring from previous fights. The coat splits off into two knee length tails in the back.White undershirt can be seen when the coat isnt fully covering. Typical black boots tie her outfit together. The ruffled sleeves of the white undershirt can be seen peeking out from the blue top coat. Minimal jewlery.
Other: Captain of the Hydra and hella gay.

Name: Maralla "Marley" Southstone
Personality: Seemingly laid back and chill, but is also really smart by default. Tends to not speak up and just roll with the flow.
Appareance: Forever has dark circles under her eyes. Some crew member have started wondering if she purposley stays up late so she can mumble about being tired and complain about her eyes. That hasnt really ever been confirmed though... Wears a long sleeved white shirt with baggy yellow pants. Will ocasionally wear a bandana on her head but it usually ends up around her neck. Plain brown shoes and a thin gold braclet are also present. Has short choppy brown hair and stands an astounding 5'5".
Other: Arie's unofficail officail second in command.

Well Im sure thats full of spelling errors but my fingers hurt and Im tired of writing bios.

@LightShade07734
(Alright, Ill start with bios!)

Name: Aries
Personality: Confident. Dosent mind losing a few people on the path to her goals, unless ofcourse your important. Enjoys being feared throughout her ship. (even though a total of maybe 4 people are actually afraid, most of them are just creeped out.)
Appareance: Tall but not extremely so, around 5'7" with mid back length blonde hair. Wears a deep dusty blue pirate hat with a single large black feather. Has a knee length top coap in the same blue color, though the end of the coat has some charring from previous fights. The coat splits off into two knee length tails in the back.White undershirt can be seen when the coat isnt fully covering. Typical black boots tie her outfit together. The ruffled sleeves of the white undershirt can be seen peeking out from the blue top coat. Minimal jewlery.
Other: Captain of the Hydra and hella gay.

Name: Maralla "Marley" Southstone
Personality: Seemingly laid back and chill, but is also really smart by default. Tends to not speak up and just roll with the flow.
Appareance: Forever has dark circles under her eyes. Some crew member have started wondering if she purposley stays up late so she can mumble about being tired and complain about her eyes. That hasnt really ever been confirmed though... Wears a long sleeved white shirt with baggy yellow pants. Will ocasionally wear a bandana on her head but it usually ends up around her neck. Plain brown shoes and a thin gold braclet are also present. Has short choppy brown hair and stands an astounding 5'5".
Other: Arie's unofficail officail second in command.

Well Im sure thats full of spelling errors but my fingers hurt and Im tired of writing bios.

@LightShade07734
item_nickel_cat_figurine_by_dogi_crimson-dag62cy.gif She/her | 18 | Sen | tumblr_inline_p3wmbtNyAz1tc3swm_540.png
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
@gemgem Just in case you aren't subscribed, I'm subscribed now.

Name: Sierra
Appearance: Sierra has cocoa hair in a short and uneven braid down her back and emerald eyes that are usually full of life. Her clothes are torn and she is barefoot. She is abnormally skinny from lack of nutrition, tan from being in the sun, and very tall at about 5'10.
(So I'm kind of lazy about her clothes but it's basically the standard pirate captain outfit like Aries' except in black, she never wears the coat and hat though and just wears the shirt and pants)
Personality: She is full of spunk and doesn't take no for an answer, has a lot of pride, holds her chin high, demands respect, doesn't like following directions, free spirit, natural leader
(So basically she isn't going to be happy when she loses the fight)
History: She was the youngest of five children born to a poor farmer. Tired of being ignored, she ran away from home at 12. After a few years of living on the streets, she joined a crew of pirates and gradually worked her way up the ranks. (and she may or may not have killed a few people in the process to get there) Sierra has been captain for a little while now.
Other: Favors her left hand

Do you want to get started now? I can be up for probably 10-15 more minutes.
@gemgem Just in case you aren't subscribed, I'm subscribed now.

Name: Sierra
Appearance: Sierra has cocoa hair in a short and uneven braid down her back and emerald eyes that are usually full of life. Her clothes are torn and she is barefoot. She is abnormally skinny from lack of nutrition, tan from being in the sun, and very tall at about 5'10.
(So I'm kind of lazy about her clothes but it's basically the standard pirate captain outfit like Aries' except in black, she never wears the coat and hat though and just wears the shirt and pants)
Personality: She is full of spunk and doesn't take no for an answer, has a lot of pride, holds her chin high, demands respect, doesn't like following directions, free spirit, natural leader
(So basically she isn't going to be happy when she loses the fight)
History: She was the youngest of five children born to a poor farmer. Tired of being ignored, she ran away from home at 12. After a few years of living on the streets, she joined a crew of pirates and gradually worked her way up the ranks. (and she may or may not have killed a few people in the process to get there) Sierra has been captain for a little while now.
Other: Favors her left hand

Do you want to get started now? I can be up for probably 10-15 more minutes.
2i1fr40.jpg
Okay, I have to sleep now. I'm available pretty much from 4 to 10 tomorrow, so I'll be on then. I also check FR briefly in the morning but probably not long enough to reply. Goodnight!
Okay, I have to sleep now. I'm available pretty much from 4 to 10 tomorrow, so I'll be on then. I also check FR briefly in the morning but probably not long enough to reply. Goodnight!
2i1fr40.jpg
(Ahh, sorry for the delay, I had to go to the doctors. :(
Oh, and yes, Im subscribed as well!)

Warm ocean winds pushed against large, faded, white sails somewhere in the Atlanic as a ship carved its way through the waters. Aboard the ship members of the crew where scattered, some scrubbing floors, others loading weapons, all of them doing something except one. One of the passengers on the ship stalked around the deck, 
hands folded behind her back as black boots clicked against the floor boards as she  made her way to the front of the boat. Captain Aries of the Hydra, not a nessecarily well know pirate but not one to be trifled with. Word would spread soon enough about what her and her crew could do, she thought as she leaned over the edge of the railing, hands now on said railing to steady herself as the wooden ship moved with the waves.
A few hours later, Aries found herself in the crows nest. Not a usual place for her, but she would wander up there every so often to get away from the noise. She sat with her feet up and crossed with her hat in her hands, looking over the feather that it held. Aries donned a smile as she preened the feather with her fingers, ruffling and re-shaping the strands. As she was doing so, a small dark spot on the horizon caught her eye. Pulling her feet down and returning the hat to its rightful place atop her head, she peered out onto the water. Something was definetley out there. She half slid, half climbed her way down and dropped with a thud to the deck below. Dodging past crew members and items aboard the ship, she quickly made her way to the ships steering wheel. Sure enough, the person she was looking for sat there, propped up on a barrel and a few crates, talking to a seagull that had landed just above her. Aries, upon seeing this, rolled her eyes, shooed the bird away, and tapped the scraggly girl leaning on the barrels on the head with a plank that had been laying atop the crates.
"Marley, this is no time to be talkin' with your seagulls. We've got a ship sitting right out there to the west, and your going to steer this boat and its crew right on over there." the blonde haired captain explained as she leaned back over the railing to further examine the ship she had seen.
After getting up and brushing a few gull feathers of her shoulders, a reply came
"Whatever you say, do the rest of us know what we're about ta' do? Im no captain but Id like to think telling the rest of em we're about to storm a ship is a good idea."
"No one ever said we're storming anybody."
"Your going over there to make friends, are you?"
With that, Aries only gave a smile before turning to address whoever her voice could reach. Her speach was short and to the point. Get ready everything you've got. Im not interested in losing.

(So, I kinda wrote what happened before the fight started yeah. :o I was thinking you could do the same, then next go I could start with the battle!)
(Ahh, sorry for the delay, I had to go to the doctors. :(
Oh, and yes, Im subscribed as well!)

Warm ocean winds pushed against large, faded, white sails somewhere in the Atlanic as a ship carved its way through the waters. Aboard the ship members of the crew where scattered, some scrubbing floors, others loading weapons, all of them doing something except one. One of the passengers on the ship stalked around the deck, 
hands folded behind her back as black boots clicked against the floor boards as she  made her way to the front of the boat. Captain Aries of the Hydra, not a nessecarily well know pirate but not one to be trifled with. Word would spread soon enough about what her and her crew could do, she thought as she leaned over the edge of the railing, hands now on said railing to steady herself as the wooden ship moved with the waves.
A few hours later, Aries found herself in the crows nest. Not a usual place for her, but she would wander up there every so often to get away from the noise. She sat with her feet up and crossed with her hat in her hands, looking over the feather that it held. Aries donned a smile as she preened the feather with her fingers, ruffling and re-shaping the strands. As she was doing so, a small dark spot on the horizon caught her eye. Pulling her feet down and returning the hat to its rightful place atop her head, she peered out onto the water. Something was definetley out there. She half slid, half climbed her way down and dropped with a thud to the deck below. Dodging past crew members and items aboard the ship, she quickly made her way to the ships steering wheel. Sure enough, the person she was looking for sat there, propped up on a barrel and a few crates, talking to a seagull that had landed just above her. Aries, upon seeing this, rolled her eyes, shooed the bird away, and tapped the scraggly girl leaning on the barrels on the head with a plank that had been laying atop the crates.
"Marley, this is no time to be talkin' with your seagulls. We've got a ship sitting right out there to the west, and your going to steer this boat and its crew right on over there." the blonde haired captain explained as she leaned back over the railing to further examine the ship she had seen.
After getting up and brushing a few gull feathers of her shoulders, a reply came
"Whatever you say, do the rest of us know what we're about ta' do? Im no captain but Id like to think telling the rest of em we're about to storm a ship is a good idea."
"No one ever said we're storming anybody."
"Your going over there to make friends, are you?"
With that, Aries only gave a smile before turning to address whoever her voice could reach. Her speach was short and to the point. Get ready everything you've got. Im not interested in losing.

(So, I kinda wrote what happened before the fight started yeah. :o I was thinking you could do the same, then next go I could start with the battle!)
item_nickel_cat_figurine_by_dogi_crimson-dag62cy.gif She/her | 18 | Sen | tumblr_inline_p3wmbtNyAz1tc3swm_540.png
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
(No, you're fine, now if you'll excuse me, i have to go and google the names for parts of a boat)

Sierra drummed her fingers along the railing of the ship as one of the crew members, a young boy named Thomas, reported what the crew had recently spotted.
"Captain, we've seen a ship to the east, and it's sailing straight towards us." the newest crew member breathed out, heavily panting.
"Cargo or..." Sierra already knew the answer, but she wanted to hear it come out of someone else's mouth.
"Pirates, ma'am. Just like us." Thomas confirmed.
The young captain glanced across the water, and sure enough, a shape on the horizon was growing larger by the minute. This could be either good or bad. Some pirates were friendly to other groups of pirates. Some were not.
Sierra turned back to the crew member behind her fidgeting nervously. “Return to your post, Thomas. Thank you for the news.”
He let out a sigh of relief and hurriedly left the captain alone.
The captain tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear and climbed up to the crow’s nest where her first mate sitting, a spyglass in her hand.
“I presume you heard about the approaching ship, Captain.” Karen spoke without turning around.
“Yes” came the reply.
“Well...” the first mate prompted. “What are we going to do.”
“Stand down. I curious to see what they want. But if they attack...”
Sierra left the sentence hanging. Karen knew her well enough to know what her response would be to an attack.
“Of course, ma’am. Should we talk to the crew now?”
“Yes, that is a good idea.”
The two women climbed down to the deck. Sierra would’ve liked to talk to the crew without Karen helping her, but they payed more attention then. It was annoying. Since she wasn’t even an adult yet, the crew didn’t respect her as much as they should respect their captain. Sierra was slowly working on getting the respect she felt she deserved, but she had only been captain for half a year, and it didn’t really help that she had killed a few people to get where she was now...
Karen was in her late-twenties and had been a part of the Sea Mare’s crew for the past eight years. It was an understatement to say she was a trusted person on the boat. Sierra had made her first mate, so there wouldn’t be a mutiny, and thankfully Karen was faithful to her.
“Listen up!” Karen called. A sea of heads (get it?) turned to face her. “Our captain has a few words for you.”
Sierra took a deep breath. “As you all know, there is another pirate ship approaching us and will be here any minute now. Here are my orders. We let them board and see what they want. We will be peaceful unless they attack us first. Is that understood?”
There were a few grumbles, but Karen gave them a look that made them shut up.
“That is all.” Sierra walked to the port side of the ship and looked out at the other boat speeding closer and smoothed down her torn clothing. (Her coat and hat forgotten in her quarters)
Well, the worse thing that could happen is Sierra adds to the number of people she’s murdered, right?

(Jeez, I don’t think I’ve ever written that much for a rp at once. I’ll probably try to match the amount you write most of time. This would’ve been up a lot earlier, but my computer decided it was a great time to start glitching out when I was in the middle of writing this.)
(No, you're fine, now if you'll excuse me, i have to go and google the names for parts of a boat)

Sierra drummed her fingers along the railing of the ship as one of the crew members, a young boy named Thomas, reported what the crew had recently spotted.
"Captain, we've seen a ship to the east, and it's sailing straight towards us." the newest crew member breathed out, heavily panting.
"Cargo or..." Sierra already knew the answer, but she wanted to hear it come out of someone else's mouth.
"Pirates, ma'am. Just like us." Thomas confirmed.
The young captain glanced across the water, and sure enough, a shape on the horizon was growing larger by the minute. This could be either good or bad. Some pirates were friendly to other groups of pirates. Some were not.
Sierra turned back to the crew member behind her fidgeting nervously. “Return to your post, Thomas. Thank you for the news.”
He let out a sigh of relief and hurriedly left the captain alone.
The captain tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ear and climbed up to the crow’s nest where her first mate sitting, a spyglass in her hand.
“I presume you heard about the approaching ship, Captain.” Karen spoke without turning around.
“Yes” came the reply.
“Well...” the first mate prompted. “What are we going to do.”
“Stand down. I curious to see what they want. But if they attack...”
Sierra left the sentence hanging. Karen knew her well enough to know what her response would be to an attack.
“Of course, ma’am. Should we talk to the crew now?”
“Yes, that is a good idea.”
The two women climbed down to the deck. Sierra would’ve liked to talk to the crew without Karen helping her, but they payed more attention then. It was annoying. Since she wasn’t even an adult yet, the crew didn’t respect her as much as they should respect their captain. Sierra was slowly working on getting the respect she felt she deserved, but she had only been captain for half a year, and it didn’t really help that she had killed a few people to get where she was now...
Karen was in her late-twenties and had been a part of the Sea Mare’s crew for the past eight years. It was an understatement to say she was a trusted person on the boat. Sierra had made her first mate, so there wouldn’t be a mutiny, and thankfully Karen was faithful to her.
“Listen up!” Karen called. A sea of heads (get it?) turned to face her. “Our captain has a few words for you.”
Sierra took a deep breath. “As you all know, there is another pirate ship approaching us and will be here any minute now. Here are my orders. We let them board and see what they want. We will be peaceful unless they attack us first. Is that understood?”
There were a few grumbles, but Karen gave them a look that made them shut up.
“That is all.” Sierra walked to the port side of the ship and looked out at the other boat speeding closer and smoothed down her torn clothing. (Her coat and hat forgotten in her quarters)
Well, the worse thing that could happen is Sierra adds to the number of people she’s murdered, right?

(Jeez, I don’t think I’ve ever written that much for a rp at once. I’ll probably try to match the amount you write most of time. This would’ve been up a lot earlier, but my computer decided it was a great time to start glitching out when I was in the middle of writing this.)
2i1fr40.jpg
Salve!
This is just a small reminder that's your turn to post. I totally get it if you've been busy, I'm just trying to make sure you're still alive.
Salve!
This is just a small reminder that's your turn to post. I totally get it if you've been busy, I'm just trying to make sure you're still alive.
2i1fr40.jpg
(Oh Im totally still alive and am working on a reply! Ive got some things to finish up for school but should be able to get a reply in tonight! Sorry for the inconvenience! :( )
(Oh Im totally still alive and am working on a reply! Ive got some things to finish up for school but should be able to get a reply in tonight! Sorry for the inconvenience! :( )
+3 h fr time / EST
247ugEj.png6zoIdID.png
Oh no, you're fine! I'm very busy the next two days, so replies will probably be minimal from me then. I'm sorry for pestering you!
Oh no, you're fine! I'm very busy the next two days, so replies will probably be minimal from me then. I'm sorry for pestering you!
2i1fr40.jpg