Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Variants (Closed)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 67 68
((Sorry for my late arrival I had school, homework and outside art class to do.))

Joan woke up extremely slowly and painfully. Her head was throbbing, like someone had decided to use it for a punching bag and a bongo drum. She tried to stretch out on her bed before realizing that this most definitely wasn't her bed. Whatever she was lying on was cold, biting into any exposed skin and causing gooseflesh to raise on what wasn't touching it. She couldn't help but wonder how she had gotten to be like this as she opened her heterochromatic eyes to the inside of what appeared to be some sort of large dog carrier.

"No." She whispered, franticly back pedaling until her back met the back of the cage and sending a shot of pain through her spine as her eyes cast quick, rapid glances around what she could see. Her heart seemed to speed up at the sound of screams and of yelling. She covered her ears, right eye flashing a brighter shade of purple as she tried to keep the feeling of other Variants at bay and the whispers of the beasts in her own head. The ones on the left, the violent ones, were telling her to shift and to destroy as they usually did but the ones on the right were telling her to calm down and breath, to examine her surroundings and hope for the best. She always listened to the right ones, the beasts of peace and planning.

Her head throbbed painfully and her eye dimmed as she slowly and shyly looked outside of the cage. It appeared to be open, and she slowly slipped through and into what appeared to be a glass cage. There were other people in other cages and a man on the outside. It sent shivers of fear down her spine as she gripped at her arms, her fingers digging into the skin as she fixed the sleeves of her hoodie so that they covered the full expanse of her arms.

"E-Excuse me? Sir? Can you please explain to me where exactly I am?" She asked before flinching as he left and she looked to the others. She curled up tighter into the corner of her room and her skin shimmering slightly as she began to flicker like a bad image. The ghost voice was beginning to take over and becoming louder then the others as it began to turn her invisible, it was still too weak to do anything but that and she shivered at the age of the others. Most of them looked younger then her, teens that should still be in high school and not in a prison. One of them, a male with some sort of tendrils growing from his back had eaten something that looked awfully like a protein bar before transforming into some sort of armored form from the tendrils.

"Hello, is anyone here hurt in any way?" She asked, although she wasn't visible at the moment if anyone had superior senses or some sort of sensing abilities they would find her and she doubted the spirit voice would stop using its limited control as of yet.
((Sorry for my late arrival I had school, homework and outside art class to do.))

Joan woke up extremely slowly and painfully. Her head was throbbing, like someone had decided to use it for a punching bag and a bongo drum. She tried to stretch out on her bed before realizing that this most definitely wasn't her bed. Whatever she was lying on was cold, biting into any exposed skin and causing gooseflesh to raise on what wasn't touching it. She couldn't help but wonder how she had gotten to be like this as she opened her heterochromatic eyes to the inside of what appeared to be some sort of large dog carrier.

"No." She whispered, franticly back pedaling until her back met the back of the cage and sending a shot of pain through her spine as her eyes cast quick, rapid glances around what she could see. Her heart seemed to speed up at the sound of screams and of yelling. She covered her ears, right eye flashing a brighter shade of purple as she tried to keep the feeling of other Variants at bay and the whispers of the beasts in her own head. The ones on the left, the violent ones, were telling her to shift and to destroy as they usually did but the ones on the right were telling her to calm down and breath, to examine her surroundings and hope for the best. She always listened to the right ones, the beasts of peace and planning.

Her head throbbed painfully and her eye dimmed as she slowly and shyly looked outside of the cage. It appeared to be open, and she slowly slipped through and into what appeared to be a glass cage. There were other people in other cages and a man on the outside. It sent shivers of fear down her spine as she gripped at her arms, her fingers digging into the skin as she fixed the sleeves of her hoodie so that they covered the full expanse of her arms.

"E-Excuse me? Sir? Can you please explain to me where exactly I am?" She asked before flinching as he left and she looked to the others. She curled up tighter into the corner of her room and her skin shimmering slightly as she began to flicker like a bad image. The ghost voice was beginning to take over and becoming louder then the others as it began to turn her invisible, it was still too weak to do anything but that and she shivered at the age of the others. Most of them looked younger then her, teens that should still be in high school and not in a prison. One of them, a male with some sort of tendrils growing from his back had eaten something that looked awfully like a protein bar before transforming into some sort of armored form from the tendrils.

"Hello, is anyone here hurt in any way?" She asked, although she wasn't visible at the moment if anyone had superior senses or some sort of sensing abilities they would find her and she doubted the spirit voice would stop using its limited control as of yet.
oulcMpY.gif
Claire watched Kai place food in Zeus's cell. He almost told them where the offices were. But as he caught himself and cut himself off, his thoughts spun to her- to fear of her. She swallowed hard as she heard it all. In a place where she had the least desire to hurt the scientists (as far as she could tell), he feared her most? She could only read the surface thoughts of the mind... as far as she knew. She had never tried to do more than that, and it had often made her uncomfortable to do even that in the past. This was the most she has used this power in a while... It was something to consider, but not something she wanted to try unless absolutely necessary. She bit her lip as he rushed out, turning her three eyes away from him, catching the tail end of a final thought before she looked totally away- he was wondering about shields, and thinking about secrets, without actually thinking of this secret. She slowly ate her protein bar, thinking about a lot of things. She had no intention of helping the others to harm the staff, though of course he couldn't know that. She felt bad for him, and also a little bad for herself. Being feared... well, it wasn't nice. At all.

Once she finished, she tried a little of the gruel and flinched at its taste. The stuff was nasty! She choked down a few more bites, but couldn't handle any more than that- as she painfully swallowed, she looked around, wondering if anyone else was going to introduce themselves. She certainly didn't want to have to be the first... Then Zeus spoke, and she turned to see his armor with wide eyes, rather nervous. He certainly looked like someone to be feared, even if he had had sad thoughts about being thought a monster when he had seen the look on Kai's face... She wondered, how did they ever catch someone like him? He seemed quite powerful. But she was unwilling to ask, at least not yet. Then, a new, feminine voice rang out- without an apparent source. Claire jumped at the sound of a voice and looked around wildly, but being unable to see the new girl, she was unable to sense her mind and thoughts. "Who's th-there?" Claire stammered, nervous all over again. Was there another Variant- one who could turn invisible?
Claire watched Kai place food in Zeus's cell. He almost told them where the offices were. But as he caught himself and cut himself off, his thoughts spun to her- to fear of her. She swallowed hard as she heard it all. In a place where she had the least desire to hurt the scientists (as far as she could tell), he feared her most? She could only read the surface thoughts of the mind... as far as she knew. She had never tried to do more than that, and it had often made her uncomfortable to do even that in the past. This was the most she has used this power in a while... It was something to consider, but not something she wanted to try unless absolutely necessary. She bit her lip as he rushed out, turning her three eyes away from him, catching the tail end of a final thought before she looked totally away- he was wondering about shields, and thinking about secrets, without actually thinking of this secret. She slowly ate her protein bar, thinking about a lot of things. She had no intention of helping the others to harm the staff, though of course he couldn't know that. She felt bad for him, and also a little bad for herself. Being feared... well, it wasn't nice. At all.

Once she finished, she tried a little of the gruel and flinched at its taste. The stuff was nasty! She choked down a few more bites, but couldn't handle any more than that- as she painfully swallowed, she looked around, wondering if anyone else was going to introduce themselves. She certainly didn't want to have to be the first... Then Zeus spoke, and she turned to see his armor with wide eyes, rather nervous. He certainly looked like someone to be feared, even if he had had sad thoughts about being thought a monster when he had seen the look on Kai's face... She wondered, how did they ever catch someone like him? He seemed quite powerful. But she was unwilling to ask, at least not yet. Then, a new, feminine voice rang out- without an apparent source. Claire jumped at the sound of a voice and looked around wildly, but being unable to see the new girl, she was unable to sense her mind and thoughts. "Who's th-there?" Claire stammered, nervous all over again. Was there another Variant- one who could turn invisible?
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
"Um..." Zeus started. "I got shocked," he counted on his fingers, "three, four times? But it doesn't hurt too much anymore..." The viral variant curled into a ball, resting his head on his knees. He had calmed down quite a bit from before, and now was simply curious as to what came next.
"Um..." Zeus started. "I got shocked," he counted on his fingers, "three, four times? But it doesn't hurt too much anymore..." The viral variant curled into a ball, resting his head on his knees. He had calmed down quite a bit from before, and now was simply curious as to what came next.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
(Night, guys. Going to bed! Please don't go too far without me X.X)
(Night, guys. Going to bed! Please don't go too far without me X.X)
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
Lilith looked at Claire, observing her face. She looked like she was reading someone's mind, and it was probably true. She startled at the new female voice, listening intently to her words and trying to figure out where it had come from. Was she invisible? Lilith didn't know. She closed her eyes and flexed her fingers, feeling for the electric currents in the room. She sensed the nerves of Claire and Zeus, but she sensed another pulse of neurons, in another glass cell. Lilith could tell that the girl was a variant, but nothing else other than where her electric signature was in the map of Lilith's mind. She decided to answer Claire.
"She's over there," she said, gesturing in the new girl's direction. She fine tuned the map in her mind, trying to pinpoint where the girl was in her cell. "In... the middle of the cell. Next to the crate."
Lilith looked at Claire, observing her face. She looked like she was reading someone's mind, and it was probably true. She startled at the new female voice, listening intently to her words and trying to figure out where it had come from. Was she invisible? Lilith didn't know. She closed her eyes and flexed her fingers, feeling for the electric currents in the room. She sensed the nerves of Claire and Zeus, but she sensed another pulse of neurons, in another glass cell. Lilith could tell that the girl was a variant, but nothing else other than where her electric signature was in the map of Lilith's mind. She decided to answer Claire.
"She's over there," she said, gesturing in the new girl's direction. She fine tuned the map in her mind, trying to pinpoint where the girl was in her cell. "In... the middle of the cell. Next to the crate."
hu72dVR.png
Dosne had finally completed all of those unfinished documents, quickly treading through the hallways of the compound towards where the Variants were being held. With him was a small cart with collar like apparatuses. After what seemed like forever he made it to room A111, the door slid open.

" it's good to see you all again" he gave a grin, " I almost forgot the most important part of this place" he held up a small, yellow, metal, collar, " this apparatus will be attached to your necks, effectively negating your abilities, it's a little creation I made myself". He gave a satisfied grin. " this is just a precaution for any of you who exhibit violent tendencies". He looked at Mr. Romana and Ms. Armanon. His eyes then moved towards the new figure in one of the cells, " ah Ms. Newgate, it's nice to see you've awakened, we have much to discuss." Looking at all of them again, " you will be cooperative with me and Zhang as we put your apparatus on, if you look up at the ceiling you'll see a small opening, I have installed a sleeping agent in the gas that comes out of that opening, if you don't cooperate then we will be forced to sedate you, simple."

Dosne had finally completed all of those unfinished documents, quickly treading through the hallways of the compound towards where the Variants were being held. With him was a small cart with collar like apparatuses. After what seemed like forever he made it to room A111, the door slid open.

" it's good to see you all again" he gave a grin, " I almost forgot the most important part of this place" he held up a small, yellow, metal, collar, " this apparatus will be attached to your necks, effectively negating your abilities, it's a little creation I made myself". He gave a satisfied grin. " this is just a precaution for any of you who exhibit violent tendencies". He looked at Mr. Romana and Ms. Armanon. His eyes then moved towards the new figure in one of the cells, " ah Ms. Newgate, it's nice to see you've awakened, we have much to discuss." Looking at all of them again, " you will be cooperative with me and Zhang as we put your apparatus on, if you look up at the ceiling you'll see a small opening, I have installed a sleeping agent in the gas that comes out of that opening, if you don't cooperate then we will be forced to sedate you, simple."

PTKpu03.png
Zeus started growling the second the scientist stepped back into the cell room. He glared at the collar that had been presented with an animalistic hiss. He then slammed his sharpened tail against the tile hard floor in an act of rage. Zazikeil backed into the corner of the glass cage, as far as he could get from Devall. The cluster of spider like eyes of the armor shined with fear. "How do you expect to test on us if you repress our powers?!" Romanas snarled.
Zeus started growling the second the scientist stepped back into the cell room. He glared at the collar that had been presented with an animalistic hiss. He then slammed his sharpened tail against the tile hard floor in an act of rage. Zazikeil backed into the corner of the glass cage, as far as he could get from Devall. The cluster of spider like eyes of the armor shined with fear. "How do you expect to test on us if you repress our powers?!" Romanas snarled.
YRqsZ7c.png

a VgKHukX.png
Dosne looked at Mr. Romana, it had appeared he had shifted his biomass into a kind of armor, fascinating. " your biomass is incredibly fascinating Mr. Romana, but it's also a danger to myself and my staff, " he looked around to everybody, " that is why you are going to wear these devices, at least until we get you on the operating table, there will also be physical experimentations as well in which you demonstrate your power in a safe environment, but until then.." He lifted up the collar, " these are your new necklaces, now who wants to go first, I swear it's painless". He jammed a keycard from his pocket into the apparatus, opening it up with a small clack
Dosne looked at Mr. Romana, it had appeared he had shifted his biomass into a kind of armor, fascinating. " your biomass is incredibly fascinating Mr. Romana, but it's also a danger to myself and my staff, " he looked around to everybody, " that is why you are going to wear these devices, at least until we get you on the operating table, there will also be physical experimentations as well in which you demonstrate your power in a safe environment, but until then.." He lifted up the collar, " these are your new necklaces, now who wants to go first, I swear it's painless". He jammed a keycard from his pocket into the apparatus, opening it up with a small clack
PTKpu03.png
Zeus dug his armor-made claws into his palms, hissing again. His powers were all he had. The black tendrils along his back spiked up, making him look like an angry cat and he growled, whipping his tail back and forth. He remained backed against the wall, not offering a coherent response.
Zeus dug his armor-made claws into his palms, hissing again. His powers were all he had. The black tendrils along his back spiked up, making him look like an angry cat and he growled, whipping his tail back and forth. He remained backed against the wall, not offering a coherent response.
YRqsZ7c.png

a VgKHukX.png
He looked at the telekinetic, " how about you Ms. McIntosh? I assure you it's painless" as he talked he moved towards Claire's door and opened it slowly, the apparatus in his right hand.
He looked at the telekinetic, " how about you Ms. McIntosh? I assure you it's painless" as he talked he moved towards Claire's door and opened it slowly, the apparatus in his right hand.
PTKpu03.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 67 68