Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Variants (Closed)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68
Dosne ways on the way to shocking Zeus again, but not before the entire device burst into a show of sparks. He leaped backward slightly and gave a grin of fascination at the culprit, "Ms. Armanon that was a brilliant display. Tell me" Dosne quickly grabbed a pin and paper from the table, " what do you feel when you produce your variation? How do you do it?" The fascination gleamed in his eyes
Dosne ways on the way to shocking Zeus again, but not before the entire device burst into a show of sparks. He leaped backward slightly and gave a grin of fascination at the culprit, "Ms. Armanon that was a brilliant display. Tell me" Dosne quickly grabbed a pin and paper from the table, " what do you feel when you produce your variation? How do you do it?" The fascination gleamed in his eyes
PTKpu03.png
Kai was supposed to give the Variants the regulated formula that the biolab - not the chefs - had brewed up. He was supposed to follow orders as he carried a four trays that looked more like a commercial airline met canned dog food out of the labs and towards the east stairwell. He was supposed to be impartial because the Variants were no longer human but something else entirely. He was supposed to be doing his job.

In the middle of reaching out to the metal staircase door, he stopped, cursed softly under his breath and ran back to the vending machines by the elevator. Forcing a couple bills into the machine, he managed to nab four protein bars - the ones he practically lived off of when Dosne had him work overtime - and stuffed the plastic-wrapped bars into his coat pocket.

Hopefully Dosne wouldn't notice.

Kai heard a faint pop as he reached the cell doors and clenched his jaw. Dosne could be... enthusiastic if something piqued his interest. He sighed, flashed his keycard before the door scan, and let himself in.
Kai was supposed to give the Variants the regulated formula that the biolab - not the chefs - had brewed up. He was supposed to follow orders as he carried a four trays that looked more like a commercial airline met canned dog food out of the labs and towards the east stairwell. He was supposed to be impartial because the Variants were no longer human but something else entirely. He was supposed to be doing his job.

In the middle of reaching out to the metal staircase door, he stopped, cursed softly under his breath and ran back to the vending machines by the elevator. Forcing a couple bills into the machine, he managed to nab four protein bars - the ones he practically lived off of when Dosne had him work overtime - and stuffed the plastic-wrapped bars into his coat pocket.

Hopefully Dosne wouldn't notice.

Kai heard a faint pop as he reached the cell doors and clenched his jaw. Dosne could be... enthusiastic if something piqued his interest. He sighed, flashed his keycard before the door scan, and let himself in.
dratini.png gina . 17 . she/her

main blog . fr blog
2:00 ahead of fr time
Lilith grinned devilishly at her finished work, her nerves singing with electricity. It buzzed inside her, was a part of her. At Devall's question, she scowled.
"You'd be dead before I'd tell you, zhopa." She spat the last word, wondering if he'd understand it. She removed her hands from the glass and stepped back, a new fierceness in her eyes. She knew her strength, and she wasn't about to be careless with it.
Lilith grinned devilishly at her finished work, her nerves singing with electricity. It buzzed inside her, was a part of her. At Devall's question, she scowled.
"You'd be dead before I'd tell you, zhopa." She spat the last word, wondering if he'd understand it. She removed her hands from the glass and stepped back, a new fierceness in her eyes. She knew her strength, and she wasn't about to be careless with it.
hu72dVR.png
Dosne turned to the sound of the door sliding open to reveal Zhang carrying the food for the subjects. " ah Zhang thank you so much, it's key to keep the subjects as healthy as possible." He now glanced at the Variants. " now this rule will be set for the rest of your life. In order to receive your daily ration you will move to the far wall, a precaution I'm sure you understand. If you are roudy or uncooperative then you will not receive your rations, simple." He eyed Zeus. " that means you Zeus"
Dosne turned to the sound of the door sliding open to reveal Zhang carrying the food for the subjects. " ah Zhang thank you so much, it's key to keep the subjects as healthy as possible." He now glanced at the Variants. " now this rule will be set for the rest of your life. In order to receive your daily ration you will move to the far wall, a precaution I'm sure you understand. If you are roudy or uncooperative then you will not receive your rations, simple." He eyed Zeus. " that means you Zeus"
PTKpu03.png
Zeus cackled as the vile stick burst into sparks. However, suddenly he froze, sensing the other presence that had just entered. He slowly dropped from the glass, the tendrils at the viral Variant's back twisting and curling over themselves with glee. He sensed the food they brought, his heightened senses picking up on it with ease. He stared at the man, wide-eyed and sniffing the air. The Variant looked odd as he stared, like a begging dog. A new tendril formed at his tailbone and swished, resembling a tail. Not at all helping the fact that he resembled a scared dog in all of this.
Zeus cackled as the vile stick burst into sparks. However, suddenly he froze, sensing the other presence that had just entered. He slowly dropped from the glass, the tendrils at the viral Variant's back twisting and curling over themselves with glee. He sensed the food they brought, his heightened senses picking up on it with ease. He stared at the man, wide-eyed and sniffing the air. The Variant looked odd as he stared, like a begging dog. A new tendril formed at his tailbone and swished, resembling a tail. Not at all helping the fact that he resembled a scared dog in all of this.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
Kai eyed Dosne nervously, his vision flickering between his supervisor and the four subjects behind thick, wired glass. He felt out of place, like he had missed something explaining the pure tension crackling in the air. And the spat of black on the tiled floor where something electrical must have burst.

"Are you... going to stay, Professor?" Kai asked warily, eyes having locked with subject Zeus. The Variant eyed him curiously, hungrily, and he couldn't help the deep sense of unease in his stomach at how alien he appeared, like some eldritch monster. Tendrils did not belong on people.

"Don't you have to log files? I saw some, uh, incomplete data on the subject profiles," Kai lied. The protein bars weighed heavy in his coat, and all he could think about was getting Dosne upstairs, the food in each cell, and out of the lab before subject Zeus might physically consume him.
Kai eyed Dosne nervously, his vision flickering between his supervisor and the four subjects behind thick, wired glass. He felt out of place, like he had missed something explaining the pure tension crackling in the air. And the spat of black on the tiled floor where something electrical must have burst.

"Are you... going to stay, Professor?" Kai asked warily, eyes having locked with subject Zeus. The Variant eyed him curiously, hungrily, and he couldn't help the deep sense of unease in his stomach at how alien he appeared, like some eldritch monster. Tendrils did not belong on people.

"Don't you have to log files? I saw some, uh, incomplete data on the subject profiles," Kai lied. The protein bars weighed heavy in his coat, and all he could think about was getting Dosne upstairs, the food in each cell, and out of the lab before subject Zeus might physically consume him.
dratini.png gina . 17 . she/her

main blog . fr blog
2:00 ahead of fr time
Claire didn't respond. She had looked in Zeus's direction and sensed his thoughts, and they were... vicious. He wanted to eat the scientists! Nevertheless, Claire was considering plucking the taster from the scientist's hands to spare the man, before the Russian-speaking girl destroyed it. She glanced nervously in... Ms. Armanon...'s direction, but her thoughts were more normal, if angry. There were some she didn't understand- in foreign languages, she supposed? But as a second scientist- Zhang?- came in, she couldn't help looking up for a moment and meeting the first one's gaze in shock. "The rest... of our lives? But... but... you can't do that!" she said softly, before looking back down. She moved compliantly to the wall, but her thoughts were racing. Surely that wouldn't be allowed! ...or would it? She refused to believe it! She shyly looked at this Zhang for a split second before looking down quickly. She didn't want anyone to see her third eye if she could help it, and although she had showed it to the first scientist in shock, she didn't want to again! Zhang's thoughts were... a lot more sympathetic to them, to her surprise. He had brought them real food in his pocket, though the food in his hands looked like dog food. She waited in anticipation to see if his lie would work...
Claire didn't respond. She had looked in Zeus's direction and sensed his thoughts, and they were... vicious. He wanted to eat the scientists! Nevertheless, Claire was considering plucking the taster from the scientist's hands to spare the man, before the Russian-speaking girl destroyed it. She glanced nervously in... Ms. Armanon...'s direction, but her thoughts were more normal, if angry. There were some she didn't understand- in foreign languages, she supposed? But as a second scientist- Zhang?- came in, she couldn't help looking up for a moment and meeting the first one's gaze in shock. "The rest... of our lives? But... but... you can't do that!" she said softly, before looking back down. She moved compliantly to the wall, but her thoughts were racing. Surely that wouldn't be allowed! ...or would it? She refused to believe it! She shyly looked at this Zhang for a split second before looking down quickly. She didn't want anyone to see her third eye if she could help it, and although she had showed it to the first scientist in shock, she didn't want to again! Zhang's thoughts were... a lot more sympathetic to them, to her surprise. He had brought them real food in his pocket, though the food in his hands looked like dog food. She waited in anticipation to see if his lie would work...
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
Lilith's blue green eyes flicked towards the second scientist who had just walked in. She assumed it was the one summoned by Devall. She watched as he walked down the hallway, observing the specific rumples in his coat. He had been sitting in a chair for a long time. He looked Asian. She did not move to the back of the cell, but rather came closer to the glass, her heart hammering. She had a hunch that the food they were going to be served wasn't meant to be appetizing.
Lilith's blue green eyes flicked towards the second scientist who had just walked in. She assumed it was the one summoned by Devall. She watched as he walked down the hallway, observing the specific rumples in his coat. He had been sitting in a chair for a long time. He looked Asian. She did not move to the back of the cell, but rather came closer to the glass, her heart hammering. She had a hunch that the food they were going to be served wasn't meant to be appetizing.
hu72dVR.png
His eyes widened, " incomplete data!, that is my utmost pet peeve! Your in charge Zhang until I get back" he eyed the subjects, " all of you are to listen to Zhang until I get back, he is my second in command". With that he rushed quickly out of the room to finish the unfinished data charts.
His eyes widened, " incomplete data!, that is my utmost pet peeve! Your in charge Zhang until I get back" he eyed the subjects, " all of you are to listen to Zhang until I get back, he is my second in command". With that he rushed quickly out of the room to finish the unfinished data charts.
PTKpu03.png
Zeus blinked sadly, and lowered his gaze. He recognized that stare; the stare of fear and disgust. The stare that he was wrong and shouldn't exist. He quickly retracted his tendrils, except for the one that acted as a "tail" which seemed to have a mind of its own. The initial shock had faded away and Zeus was left full of despair. It's not like he had anyone on the outside who cared about him, but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy the freedom being a variant had gotten him; being able to do things the average human couldn't even dream of. But at the same time, it had turned him into a monster. He looked down at his hands; covered in veins the color of obsidian. Yeah. Zazikiel Gabriel Romanas was a monster.

He slowly crept to the back of his cell. His icy eyes now returned to Zhang as he waited for his meal.
Zeus blinked sadly, and lowered his gaze. He recognized that stare; the stare of fear and disgust. The stare that he was wrong and shouldn't exist. He quickly retracted his tendrils, except for the one that acted as a "tail" which seemed to have a mind of its own. The initial shock had faded away and Zeus was left full of despair. It's not like he had anyone on the outside who cared about him, but that didn't mean he didn't enjoy the freedom being a variant had gotten him; being able to do things the average human couldn't even dream of. But at the same time, it had turned him into a monster. He looked down at his hands; covered in veins the color of obsidian. Yeah. Zazikiel Gabriel Romanas was a monster.

He slowly crept to the back of his cell. His icy eyes now returned to Zhang as he waited for his meal.
YRqsZ7c.png
hael/dante | 23 | enkindle (#88808)

06xk8gV.pngJ7D1quC.pngMesq6uj.png
1vAtYxM.pngbMfSZRv.pngVDqpTLf.png
xXXQ8Kz.pngAQPJNOh.pngHxL61bT.png
a VgKHukX.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 67 68