Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The First Clutch Royal Ball - [CLOSED]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
@Kalistys

Celyn laughed lightly at his playfulness. "Well, being forward is easier than beating around the bush. I have to say, though, it takes skill to learn so much that you don't specialize in anything." She spoke with a grin. She turned her gaze to the dark drink in her hand and swirled it around a bit in thought. Why re-enter society? That was quite the question...

Her grin turned into a thoughtful smile. "It is quite exciting, and yes, frightening too. I always knew about the other flights, but never did I expect to see them myself." She sighed, and her smile turned into a small frown.
"I'm not sure why we've decided to come out after all this time. My mother doesn't really explain her reasons at the beginning, but she knows things that others don't. Everyone trusts her. She's kept us safe for... generations."

She took a sip of the drink while in thought, and blinked a couple times in surprise. She turned her attention back to Proteus, her eyes wide and runes glowing brightly. "This is amazing! I must bring the recipe back to our cook, the clan would love this!" She exclaimed brightly, a smile on her face

Celyn continued to sip on the drink, finding it to be her new favorite beverage. "Who are you here with? Any family or friends?" She was curious about his clan, and if they were to be allies, she needed to find out more so she knew what Gimar was getting into. The fact that her company was attractive was pretty nice.
@Kalistys

Celyn laughed lightly at his playfulness. "Well, being forward is easier than beating around the bush. I have to say, though, it takes skill to learn so much that you don't specialize in anything." She spoke with a grin. She turned her gaze to the dark drink in her hand and swirled it around a bit in thought. Why re-enter society? That was quite the question...

Her grin turned into a thoughtful smile. "It is quite exciting, and yes, frightening too. I always knew about the other flights, but never did I expect to see them myself." She sighed, and her smile turned into a small frown.
"I'm not sure why we've decided to come out after all this time. My mother doesn't really explain her reasons at the beginning, but she knows things that others don't. Everyone trusts her. She's kept us safe for... generations."

She took a sip of the drink while in thought, and blinked a couple times in surprise. She turned her attention back to Proteus, her eyes wide and runes glowing brightly. "This is amazing! I must bring the recipe back to our cook, the clan would love this!" She exclaimed brightly, a smile on her face

Celyn continued to sip on the drink, finding it to be her new favorite beverage. "Who are you here with? Any family or friends?" She was curious about his clan, and if they were to be allies, she needed to find out more so she knew what Gimar was getting into. The fact that her company was attractive was pretty nice.
keidrJW.gifyredHSU.pngLwicdQN.pngiK7Ohoa.pngow5IsSc.png4ppxMP9.pngc0zcpSx.gif
Hex0gCq.png
@Kalistys

"The True Blood is always seeking allies," said Bloodright with a sweet smile. Her thoughts were quick- Misericordia had been instructed to focus her attention on the middle princess to avoid competition as much as possible. This new dragon courting the princess could prove to be a problem, unless she could find some way of incapacitating him for the rest of the ball.

"You two must be very close," she said, as the band began to play a new, slower song. "Is that him speaking to the Princess Lohnai now?" she asked. She nodded to a slim Skydancer in a glittering golden cape who was standing quite near to Misericordia.

((Of course Bloodright isn't actually going to harm any of your dragons, but she'd certainly like to- she's a nasty piece of work.))
@Kalistys

"The True Blood is always seeking allies," said Bloodright with a sweet smile. Her thoughts were quick- Misericordia had been instructed to focus her attention on the middle princess to avoid competition as much as possible. This new dragon courting the princess could prove to be a problem, unless she could find some way of incapacitating him for the rest of the ball.

"You two must be very close," she said, as the band began to play a new, slower song. "Is that him speaking to the Princess Lohnai now?" she asked. She nodded to a slim Skydancer in a glittering golden cape who was standing quite near to Misericordia.

((Of course Bloodright isn't actually going to harm any of your dragons, but she'd certainly like to- she's a nasty piece of work.))
After a thousand years, I have returned! And I bring with me a swath of replies.

@GreenFoxDragon
Haramios nodded at the pearlcatcher spoke. He stood with his hands clasped loosely behind his back, leaned slightly forward with the toe of one boot tucked just behind the heel of the other. His stance was far more relaxed and casual than any of the other members of his delegation.

"Well, I believe that it is best to do as one's heart tells them," he said after Sobek had finished speaking. "If you do not wish for one of their hands, then don't bother. Political alliance or not, if your heart is not with people like them, then do not feel pressured to do anything you would regret for the rest of your life. Although, that is merely my opinion." The skydancer straightened his back and cast a quick glance about the room, eyes falling upon the mob set about the queen. He gave a light sigh.

"And now I must apologize, for it seems that my services are needed with my matriarch. It seems there are far too many people to engage with and not enough hours in the day," he said. He gave a light bow, flashing Sobek a warm grin. "It has been a pleasure to meet and speak with you. Please excuse me." Standing upright once more, he began to stroll across the ballroom, weaving in and out of the many bodies as he made his way towards the queen and her entourage.

@Kalistys
Lohnai spoke with her father briefly, remarking quietly on the sheer number of nobles that had swamped them within seconds of her mother descending from the balcony. It was making her uneasy to see just how many people were vying for an alliance with their clan. Alanis tapped her hand affectionately and reassured her that things would calm later in the evening and in the following days of the ball. She nodded and gave a slight frown when she felt eyes on her.

Turning, she found herself greeted by a skydancer bedecked in bright blues and warm golds. His ensemble was quite stunning, as she hadn't seen such colors on anyone yet at the ball. Doubtless there were many, but she had been trying to ignore the vast crowd of guests; it made her queasy thinking about having to speak with each of them. Yet she found it easier than she imagined to reply to the man before her.

"I would be honored to have a dance, but I am afraid it might be delayed until far later this evening due to the...intense number of people who have and are looking to approach my mother and I," she offered him a brief smile of apology before continuing. "I am glad that you find our clan to be as wonderful as I have grown up seeing it. My favorite season has to be--" she paused to ponder for a moment "--the spring time. We are far enough south that it is too cold for my taste during the winter and yet the summer winds from the neighboring territories make it far too warm during those months. So, spring would have to be my favorite. And what of your clan? Do you have a favorite time of the year where you hail from?"

@Truffula
The queen's attention was caught by the imperial who approached her next. As always, she had an ear open to the conversations happening behind her with her daughters, but she smiled warmly as her newest guest introduced himself.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, councilman," she said, giving a a slight bow. "I am glad that you could join us here for the festivities." When he brandished the flowers towards her, her smile grew and she reached out to take them. The skydancer at her side moved to intercept them, but a slight, almost unnoticeable motion with her hand forced him to pause as she took the flowers in her arms and took a breath of their scent.

"Why thank you, these are positively splendid," she told Elessar. "I will have them set out in the manor tonight once the evening's festivities have concluded. But for now, a vase of crisp water for them." She turned and then allowed Nahein to take the gift from her. He looked rather comical, dressed in his dark formal attire while holding such delicate, brightly colored blossoms. He stepped back dutifully as the leader of her trade caravan approached. She smiled once more at the imperial before her.

"You do not approach at a bad time, merely a particularly busy one. If you wish, you may speak to my daughters, their father, or perhaps our trade delegate, Haramios. I will make sure that you and I can have a proper conversation later this evening once the crowd has dwindled." She gestured to the respective parties that she mentioned, the golden-colored skydancer who stood a short distance away pulling his heels together and giving a slight bow, ready to accept any conversation sent his way. The queen, never once dropping her welcoming smile, then turned to see who was next to approach.

@Pyrouge
And the queen smiled warmly at the skydancer who approached her next. She gave a slight bow in response to the one sent her way.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Spiritdawn. I am grateful that your clan was able to send at least you to join us here on our island. I trust that your clan leaders are doing well?" Her eyes fell on the box in the skydancer's hands. The queen reached out to take it, expecting her guard to step in and intercept her. However, she was able to take the box, open it, and smile at its presenter before Nahein leaned in to take the parcel from Ibaacuine's hands. The flowers must have given him a bit more trouble than merely placing another package where he had stored the earlier gifts. She smiled at the thought. Her grip lightened on the package, allowing him to take it from her with a single hand, stepping back once more.

"Thank you for your generous gift," the queen told Spiritdawn. "Your clan leaders' well wishes are received with equal gratitude."

@Nanobot87
Ibaacuine met eyes with another skydancer, turning to smile at her in welcome and giving her a slight bow as the new group approached.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty," she said, eyes passing quickly over the delegation. "I trust your travels found our clan well." She watched as Lisil's son stepped forward and bowed, extending the gift out to her. The box was carved with a expert craftsmanship that some of her own people struggled with. She reached out to touch the sides of the box with her fingertips before Nahein, apparently through with the most awkward of the parcels gifted to him and resuming his usual efficiency, stepped forward and slid the box from K'var's hands with ease.

"My thanks," the queen said, looking to Lisil once more. "The box is of fine craftsmanship. I am honored to receive such a gift." Her gaze drifted to K'var. "And I am sure that no matter the outcome of the courtships, our clans will maintain a bountiful partnership in the future. Your son is welcome to speak with my daughters at his leisure, though I am afraid that they might be occupied at this time. Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy the party as you please."
After a thousand years, I have returned! And I bring with me a swath of replies.

@GreenFoxDragon
Haramios nodded at the pearlcatcher spoke. He stood with his hands clasped loosely behind his back, leaned slightly forward with the toe of one boot tucked just behind the heel of the other. His stance was far more relaxed and casual than any of the other members of his delegation.

"Well, I believe that it is best to do as one's heart tells them," he said after Sobek had finished speaking. "If you do not wish for one of their hands, then don't bother. Political alliance or not, if your heart is not with people like them, then do not feel pressured to do anything you would regret for the rest of your life. Although, that is merely my opinion." The skydancer straightened his back and cast a quick glance about the room, eyes falling upon the mob set about the queen. He gave a light sigh.

"And now I must apologize, for it seems that my services are needed with my matriarch. It seems there are far too many people to engage with and not enough hours in the day," he said. He gave a light bow, flashing Sobek a warm grin. "It has been a pleasure to meet and speak with you. Please excuse me." Standing upright once more, he began to stroll across the ballroom, weaving in and out of the many bodies as he made his way towards the queen and her entourage.

@Kalistys
Lohnai spoke with her father briefly, remarking quietly on the sheer number of nobles that had swamped them within seconds of her mother descending from the balcony. It was making her uneasy to see just how many people were vying for an alliance with their clan. Alanis tapped her hand affectionately and reassured her that things would calm later in the evening and in the following days of the ball. She nodded and gave a slight frown when she felt eyes on her.

Turning, she found herself greeted by a skydancer bedecked in bright blues and warm golds. His ensemble was quite stunning, as she hadn't seen such colors on anyone yet at the ball. Doubtless there were many, but she had been trying to ignore the vast crowd of guests; it made her queasy thinking about having to speak with each of them. Yet she found it easier than she imagined to reply to the man before her.

"I would be honored to have a dance, but I am afraid it might be delayed until far later this evening due to the...intense number of people who have and are looking to approach my mother and I," she offered him a brief smile of apology before continuing. "I am glad that you find our clan to be as wonderful as I have grown up seeing it. My favorite season has to be--" she paused to ponder for a moment "--the spring time. We are far enough south that it is too cold for my taste during the winter and yet the summer winds from the neighboring territories make it far too warm during those months. So, spring would have to be my favorite. And what of your clan? Do you have a favorite time of the year where you hail from?"

@Truffula
The queen's attention was caught by the imperial who approached her next. As always, she had an ear open to the conversations happening behind her with her daughters, but she smiled warmly as her newest guest introduced himself.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, councilman," she said, giving a a slight bow. "I am glad that you could join us here for the festivities." When he brandished the flowers towards her, her smile grew and she reached out to take them. The skydancer at her side moved to intercept them, but a slight, almost unnoticeable motion with her hand forced him to pause as she took the flowers in her arms and took a breath of their scent.

"Why thank you, these are positively splendid," she told Elessar. "I will have them set out in the manor tonight once the evening's festivities have concluded. But for now, a vase of crisp water for them." She turned and then allowed Nahein to take the gift from her. He looked rather comical, dressed in his dark formal attire while holding such delicate, brightly colored blossoms. He stepped back dutifully as the leader of her trade caravan approached. She smiled once more at the imperial before her.

"You do not approach at a bad time, merely a particularly busy one. If you wish, you may speak to my daughters, their father, or perhaps our trade delegate, Haramios. I will make sure that you and I can have a proper conversation later this evening once the crowd has dwindled." She gestured to the respective parties that she mentioned, the golden-colored skydancer who stood a short distance away pulling his heels together and giving a slight bow, ready to accept any conversation sent his way. The queen, never once dropping her welcoming smile, then turned to see who was next to approach.

@Pyrouge
And the queen smiled warmly at the skydancer who approached her next. She gave a slight bow in response to the one sent her way.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Spiritdawn. I am grateful that your clan was able to send at least you to join us here on our island. I trust that your clan leaders are doing well?" Her eyes fell on the box in the skydancer's hands. The queen reached out to take it, expecting her guard to step in and intercept her. However, she was able to take the box, open it, and smile at its presenter before Nahein leaned in to take the parcel from Ibaacuine's hands. The flowers must have given him a bit more trouble than merely placing another package where he had stored the earlier gifts. She smiled at the thought. Her grip lightened on the package, allowing him to take it from her with a single hand, stepping back once more.

"Thank you for your generous gift," the queen told Spiritdawn. "Your clan leaders' well wishes are received with equal gratitude."

@Nanobot87
Ibaacuine met eyes with another skydancer, turning to smile at her in welcome and giving her a slight bow as the new group approached.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty," she said, eyes passing quickly over the delegation. "I trust your travels found our clan well." She watched as Lisil's son stepped forward and bowed, extending the gift out to her. The box was carved with a expert craftsmanship that some of her own people struggled with. She reached out to touch the sides of the box with her fingertips before Nahein, apparently through with the most awkward of the parcels gifted to him and resuming his usual efficiency, stepped forward and slid the box from K'var's hands with ease.

"My thanks," the queen said, looking to Lisil once more. "The box is of fine craftsmanship. I am honored to receive such a gift." Her gaze drifted to K'var. "And I am sure that no matter the outcome of the courtships, our clans will maintain a bountiful partnership in the future. Your son is welcome to speak with my daughters at his leisure, though I am afraid that they might be occupied at this time. Meanwhile, feel free to enjoy the party as you please."
Current whereabouts of the Thaaftwé Delegation:

The matriarch, Ibaacuine, is currently mobbed by a host of the clan representatives and suitors. She greets each one of them in turn with a warm smile and gracious tidings.

Nahein, the guard chief, has his eyes on the crowd that has formed about the queen. He stands a step behind her, silent until addressed, ready to intercept any and all gifts that are offered to her so as not to inconvenience her in her socialization.

Haramios, the charming tradesman, has made his way across the ballroom and now stands a few feet from the matriarch. He is ready to intercept any guests who might take up too much of her time and delay the flow of incoming suitors and representatives.

Each of the young princesses is currently engaged in a discussion with a suitor.

Alanis, the father of the three girls, stands diligently behind them, keeping an eye on their guests and conversation.

Nimué, the queen's prodigy, stands alone off alone a wall of the ballroom, silently watching the proceedings as she occasionally sips from a glass in her hands.
Current whereabouts of the Thaaftwé Delegation:

The matriarch, Ibaacuine, is currently mobbed by a host of the clan representatives and suitors. She greets each one of them in turn with a warm smile and gracious tidings.

Nahein, the guard chief, has his eyes on the crowd that has formed about the queen. He stands a step behind her, silent until addressed, ready to intercept any and all gifts that are offered to her so as not to inconvenience her in her socialization.

Haramios, the charming tradesman, has made his way across the ballroom and now stands a few feet from the matriarch. He is ready to intercept any guests who might take up too much of her time and delay the flow of incoming suitors and representatives.

Each of the young princesses is currently engaged in a discussion with a suitor.

Alanis, the father of the three girls, stands diligently behind them, keeping an eye on their guests and conversation.

Nimué, the queen's prodigy, stands alone off alone a wall of the ballroom, silently watching the proceedings as she occasionally sips from a glass in her hands.
@Thaaftwe

The Empress slowly walks into the large ballroom, her party soon following suit in a proper fashionable order. To her left, her loyal and obedient servant Yvaltic. To her right, her empire's best artist Tyviar stood, gulping nervously.
Behind the Empress stood the rest of her entourage, the healer Sereph, the priest Chaltuse, and the Prophet Selvianea. She gave nod,her way of telling the three behind her to disperse. She spoke to them in a low tone before they went their separate ways.
"Remember, this is the first chance for our empire to make a good impression. Do NOT mess this up, any of you." She looked back at each of them, giving one final nod. The three bowed and went to go mingle with whoever came fourth.

Ridashippu slowly approached the queen, bowing deeply in respect, Yvaltal and Tyviar bowing soon after.
"Greetings dear queen, I am Empress Ridashippu of the Empire of Xeriosia. I come seeking to establish relations with your kingdom in hopes that we can benefit from a possible alliance."
She stood, along with her two companions. The Empress gestured to Tyviar, who seemed to be slightly nervous given his expression.
"As a gift, I bring my Empire's most talented artist, Tyviar, as a possible suitor. I hope he is worthy enough for one of your princess's hands in marriage."
With that, Tyviar then bowed at the three princesses in respect. His emerald eyes glance nervously at the three, though stopping at Ilanei for a second longer before standing up straight.
Tyviar spoke, his voice slightly shaky, but not annoyingly so. "Greetings, it is an honour to be graced with your divine presence. My name is Tyviar, and I am at your service if you so commend, dear princesses."

@Armonium
Selvianea soon caught eye of a pearlcatcher, slowly approaching in a shy attitude. "H-Hello Sir. I am Selvianea the Prophet, here as a delegate for the Empire of Xeriosia. W-Who are you, if I may ask?" Her tone was nervous, and it soon became apparent that she had never been to a royal event like this in her life.
@Thaaftwe

The Empress slowly walks into the large ballroom, her party soon following suit in a proper fashionable order. To her left, her loyal and obedient servant Yvaltic. To her right, her empire's best artist Tyviar stood, gulping nervously.
Behind the Empress stood the rest of her entourage, the healer Sereph, the priest Chaltuse, and the Prophet Selvianea. She gave nod,her way of telling the three behind her to disperse. She spoke to them in a low tone before they went their separate ways.
"Remember, this is the first chance for our empire to make a good impression. Do NOT mess this up, any of you." She looked back at each of them, giving one final nod. The three bowed and went to go mingle with whoever came fourth.

Ridashippu slowly approached the queen, bowing deeply in respect, Yvaltal and Tyviar bowing soon after.
"Greetings dear queen, I am Empress Ridashippu of the Empire of Xeriosia. I come seeking to establish relations with your kingdom in hopes that we can benefit from a possible alliance."
She stood, along with her two companions. The Empress gestured to Tyviar, who seemed to be slightly nervous given his expression.
"As a gift, I bring my Empire's most talented artist, Tyviar, as a possible suitor. I hope he is worthy enough for one of your princess's hands in marriage."
With that, Tyviar then bowed at the three princesses in respect. His emerald eyes glance nervously at the three, though stopping at Ilanei for a second longer before standing up straight.
Tyviar spoke, his voice slightly shaky, but not annoyingly so. "Greetings, it is an honour to be graced with your divine presence. My name is Tyviar, and I am at your service if you so commend, dear princesses."

@Armonium
Selvianea soon caught eye of a pearlcatcher, slowly approaching in a shy attitude. "H-Hello Sir. I am Selvianea the Prophet, here as a delegate for the Empire of Xeriosia. W-Who are you, if I may ask?" Her tone was nervous, and it soon became apparent that she had never been to a royal event like this in her life.
mmmmm dragon
@Froststrix
“Yes it is,” he replied. “It looks they have struck up a conversation! I’m glad for him. I’m sure competition will be fierce but hopefully he has a shot, for his sake and ours." He continued after a few complex steps, “Of course, I’m no diplomat, but even a simple clan member knows a good match would bring power and stability to the clan.”

He smiled broadly and continued, “Luckily for me, I’m not in a position to make deals or bargains. All the better, I can just be here to have a good time and spread the good word about our Clan! So tell me more about yourself. What is your role in your Clan? Has it been your birth clan since birth?”

((((I would find it fun if she did try :))))

@Thaaftwe
“Of course, I understand, you have many suitors to greet,” Narcissus replied to Lohnai, and then smiled as she continued, pleased that she hadn’t brushed him off with such a long line of people waiting to talk to her. To be honest, he had been a bit nervous when Veyretia moved away and left him to take this next step himself.

“Ah, spring, I’m sure it is a lovely season here, with the orchards in bloom,” he replied, and tilted his head to the side as he thought. “I find things to love in all seasons, but prefer autumn. The summers in the Contagion can be trying, as the creeping vines that are constantly trying to reclaim our territory have increased vigor during the growing season,” he shook his head slowly as he talked, “There is beauty in the struggle, but sometimes it can be hard for even those of us that call it home to see.” His mien brightened considerably as he continued, “Luckily, our botanists and magicians have encouraged the growth of a beautiful, blooming grove in our territory, and we overlook the majesty of the Sea. It is glorious in the autumn sun.”

He looked thoughtfully around the well-appointed room, and looked a bit more sober as his gaze to Lohnai. “It must be strange to think you will be leaving your home and family soon. Do you hope to be in a clan close by, so you can visit them frequently? I’m sure your parents and friends will miss you.”

(((also, @ Nanobot87 and I moved our conversation to a separate forum thread here so as not to clutter the forum)))
@Froststrix
“Yes it is,” he replied. “It looks they have struck up a conversation! I’m glad for him. I’m sure competition will be fierce but hopefully he has a shot, for his sake and ours." He continued after a few complex steps, “Of course, I’m no diplomat, but even a simple clan member knows a good match would bring power and stability to the clan.”

He smiled broadly and continued, “Luckily for me, I’m not in a position to make deals or bargains. All the better, I can just be here to have a good time and spread the good word about our Clan! So tell me more about yourself. What is your role in your Clan? Has it been your birth clan since birth?”

((((I would find it fun if she did try :))))

@Thaaftwe
“Of course, I understand, you have many suitors to greet,” Narcissus replied to Lohnai, and then smiled as she continued, pleased that she hadn’t brushed him off with such a long line of people waiting to talk to her. To be honest, he had been a bit nervous when Veyretia moved away and left him to take this next step himself.

“Ah, spring, I’m sure it is a lovely season here, with the orchards in bloom,” he replied, and tilted his head to the side as he thought. “I find things to love in all seasons, but prefer autumn. The summers in the Contagion can be trying, as the creeping vines that are constantly trying to reclaim our territory have increased vigor during the growing season,” he shook his head slowly as he talked, “There is beauty in the struggle, but sometimes it can be hard for even those of us that call it home to see.” His mien brightened considerably as he continued, “Luckily, our botanists and magicians have encouraged the growth of a beautiful, blooming grove in our territory, and we overlook the majesty of the Sea. It is glorious in the autumn sun.”

He looked thoughtfully around the well-appointed room, and looked a bit more sober as his gaze to Lohnai. “It must be strange to think you will be leaving your home and family soon. Do you hope to be in a clan close by, so you can visit them frequently? I’m sure your parents and friends will miss you.”

(((also, @ Nanobot87 and I moved our conversation to a separate forum thread here so as not to clutter the forum)))
@Thaaftwe

K'var stood and returned back to his mother's side, his face remaining neutral despite the immense relief he felt. Good, he didn't have to speak to the Princesses right now. His gaze went to a number of suitors waiting to speak to the Princesses, how was he supposed to win the favor of them with so many clans vying for their attention?

Lisil curtsied once more with her family following suit. "The pleasure is ours, your majesty." She glanced at her son and the Princesses, a light smile on her lips. "I think it would be best if we waited until everyone else clears out some, I'm sure they're feeling pretty overwhelmed. Until next time, I wish you luck with the other guests."

The group started to make their way to the refreshments, Lisil and Amaranth were arm in arm, K'var was quietly following behind, while Emlyn decided to go off to be social.

Emlyn spotted someone off on their own, and skipped her way over towards them, her tail swaying behind her happily. Once she was in front of the fellow skydancer, she waved excitedly. "Hello! I'm Princess Emlyn! Would you like some company? It looks pretty boring over here all by yourself."
@Thaaftwe

K'var stood and returned back to his mother's side, his face remaining neutral despite the immense relief he felt. Good, he didn't have to speak to the Princesses right now. His gaze went to a number of suitors waiting to speak to the Princesses, how was he supposed to win the favor of them with so many clans vying for their attention?

Lisil curtsied once more with her family following suit. "The pleasure is ours, your majesty." She glanced at her son and the Princesses, a light smile on her lips. "I think it would be best if we waited until everyone else clears out some, I'm sure they're feeling pretty overwhelmed. Until next time, I wish you luck with the other guests."

The group started to make their way to the refreshments, Lisil and Amaranth were arm in arm, K'var was quietly following behind, while Emlyn decided to go off to be social.

Emlyn spotted someone off on their own, and skipped her way over towards them, her tail swaying behind her happily. Once she was in front of the fellow skydancer, she waved excitedly. "Hello! I'm Princess Emlyn! Would you like some company? It looks pretty boring over here all by yourself."
Hex0gCq.png
[img]http://i.imgur.com/990etHu.png[/Img] @Thaaftwe ((Very sorry for taking so long to reply, I haven't had more than 30 minutes at a time to actually sit down and write a reply.)) [center][b] Want to know who these are? Click[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2085917/2#post_24853412] here [/url]to find out.[/b][/center] ----- @Kalistys ((I think something must have glitched, because nothing was wrong with my name. Thank you so much for replying!!)) [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/200862/20086134p.png?mtime=WF3fNAAAN9Y.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/200862/20086135p.png?mtime=WGs1AwAAOq4.png[/img] Hikari had been looking at the many faces around the room, carefully studying each one of them. Anyone could be a potential ally, and that was one of the key reasons why they had come. It had only been when the eye of the beautiful Skydancer met hers did the two of them pause. Yasuo, as well, had noticed the Skydancer following her gaze. He politely returned the smile as the two had stopped near. What luck, meeting another to talk to so soon after speaking with the Matriarch. It was Hikari who spoke first, turning her attention to her, a flicker in her eyes as she spoke, "Good evening, I am Hikari, Empress of the Aeolian Kingdom in the Windswept Plateau. This is my husband and Emperor of the kingdom, Yasuo." She said, moving her hand over to the Coatl, who in turn nodded, and stuck out his hand to the Skydancer. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/242343/24234240p.png?mtime=WGBFVwAAMQA.png[/img][/center] [right]"The Plateau is quite lovely at all times of they year, I think you would find it quite enjoyable. I am, however, afraid to disappoint you if you were wishing to live amongst the many breath-taking steppes. Aeolia is nestled in a flat area of land between the Steppes and Twisting Crescendo, though when within the palace's walls, it [i]is[/i] possible to see nearly every corner of land." Makoto said with the same warm, almost grin, smile on his face. There was passion in his eyes when he spoke of the kingdom. "I'm assuming you'll also know what kind of kingdom we are, hm? Since our territory does happen to lie in the heart of the Plateau, many travelers choose to come stay and rest safe within our walls. We are also known for our large market, which sells many goods from all around Sornieth." [/right] The Guardian could talk for hours on end about the good qualities of the kingdom, but was afraid he'd bore the poor princess to death, so he decided it was time to take action. Without hesitation, he stepped slightly closer, albeit keeping his distance, and extended a hand to her. [right]"I'm sure there will be many people here tonight speaking about themselves, but I would like to know more about you. If it is possible, would you like to take a walk with me? [/right] Though it was risky and unlikely to happen, he could not help himself on wanting to know more about her. There was something about her looks and personality that enticed him. ----- [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/256451/25645070p.png?mtime=WGH5VQAAO84.png[/img][/center] With a nod he began to speak and an internal sigh of relief, he began to speak, [right] "Why, yes, our journey was quite peaceful and lovely. The only thing against us was the weather. We have four different outposts stationed around the Plateau for this exact thing, so a stop and rest there before making our way into the Isles was quite refreshing. I was astounded seeing how gorgeous it is here. I am very glad I got to make this journey out the meet you and your clan." [/right] Lukas prayed to the Lightweaver that luck would be on his side and that she would not ask many personal questions about the kingdom - he was a Paladin, trained in the art of fighting and slaughtering shade, not details on the inner workings of the kingdom's sewage. Though he knew many of the basics, it was not in his best interest to answer questions such as that. He did know that if it came down to it, he would end up winging the answer and hoping it was somewhat coherent, but deep down he knew that these questions would of course have to be asked. [right]"I hope that has given you the answer you desired, please do not feel burdened if you wish to know more." [/right]
990etHu.png

@Thaaftwe

((Very sorry for taking so long to reply, I haven't had more than 30 minutes at a time to actually sit down and write a reply.))

Want to know who these are? Click here to find out.

@Kalistys

((I think something must have glitched, because nothing was wrong with my name. Thank you so much for replying!!))

20086134p.png?mtime=WF3fNAAAN9Y.png 20086135p.png?mtime=WGs1AwAAOq4.png

Hikari had been looking at the many faces around the room, carefully studying each one of them. Anyone could be a potential ally, and that was one of the key reasons why they had come. It had only been when the eye of the beautiful Skydancer met hers did the two of them pause. Yasuo, as well, had noticed the Skydancer following her gaze. He politely returned the smile as the two had stopped near. What luck, meeting another to talk to so soon after speaking with the Matriarch.

It was Hikari who spoke first, turning her attention to her, a flicker in her eyes as she spoke,

"Good evening, I am Hikari, Empress of the Aeolian Kingdom in the Windswept Plateau. This is my husband and Emperor of the kingdom, Yasuo." She said, moving her hand over to the Coatl, who in turn nodded, and stuck out his hand to the Skydancer. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

24234240p.png?mtime=WGBFVwAAMQA.png
"The Plateau is quite lovely at all times of they year, I think you would find it quite enjoyable. I am, however, afraid to disappoint you if you were wishing to live amongst the many breath-taking steppes. Aeolia is nestled in a flat area of land between the Steppes and Twisting Crescendo, though when within the palace's walls, it is possible to see nearly every corner of land." Makoto said with the same warm, almost grin, smile on his face. There was passion in his eyes when he spoke of the kingdom. "I'm assuming you'll also know what kind of kingdom we are, hm? Since our territory does happen to lie in the heart of the Plateau, many travelers choose to come stay and rest safe within our walls. We are also known for our large market, which sells many goods from all around Sornieth."

The Guardian could talk for hours on end about the good qualities of the kingdom, but was afraid he'd bore the poor princess to death, so he decided it was time to take action. Without hesitation, he stepped slightly closer, albeit keeping his distance, and extended a hand to her.
"I'm sure there will be many people here tonight speaking about themselves, but I would like to know more about you. If it is possible, would you like to take a walk with me?

Though it was risky and unlikely to happen, he could not help himself on wanting to know more about her. There was something about her looks and personality that enticed him.

25645070p.png?mtime=WGH5VQAAO84.png

With a nod he began to speak and an internal sigh of relief, he began to speak,
"Why, yes, our journey was quite peaceful and lovely. The only thing against us was the weather. We have four different outposts stationed around the Plateau for this exact thing, so a stop and rest there before making our way into the Isles was quite refreshing. I was astounded seeing how gorgeous it is here. I am very glad I got to make this journey out the meet you and your clan."

Lukas prayed to the Lightweaver that luck would be on his side and that she would not ask many personal questions about the kingdom - he was a Paladin, trained in the art of fighting and slaughtering shade, not details on the inner workings of the kingdom's sewage. Though he knew many of the basics, it was not in his best interest to answer questions such as that.

He did know that if it came down to it, he would end up winging the answer and hoping it was somewhat coherent, but deep down he knew that these questions would of course have to be asked.
"I hope that has given you the answer you desired, please do not feel burdened if you wish to know more."
tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png

Female | She/Her
Dragons for Sale
@Ridashippu
Ibaacuine turned and greeted the new group with a smile and a slight bow in response to theirs. She looked them over as their leader spoke. She then flashed a quick grin at the skydancer.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Empress. We are grateful that you could come join us here on the island for our celebration. I am sure that we can work out an alliance between our two powers." Her gaze shifted to the imperial whom the empress mentioned. The queen's eyes narrowed slightly as she surveyed him. An artist? It was not the sort of person she had imagined would be put forth for her daughters. Typically it was heirs or clan leaders themselves. She eased back into a warm smile once she was finished looking him over. Perhaps he would prove himself valuable given time to evaluate him. Although his nervousness was rather telling at present.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Tyviar. If you wish, you may ask after my daughters later, should you wish to get to know them better. They are a bit preoccupied at the moment, but please, make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the festivities."

@Kalistys
Lohnai blinked, caught off guard by the question. When was the last time that she had been asked her opinion on this whole debacle of marriage? Never, as far as she could recall. Though her father did express a slight bit of worry at the whole ordeal and what his daughters felt.

"I..." she began, but stopped herself, remembering that it was best not to speak until she had her thoughts clear; it saved face that way, and people couldn't twist her words later. She pondered a moment and then sighed, saying, "I honestly do not have any idea or opinion on where I will end up. My mother is, honestly, the one who will be making the decision, with only menial input from me and my sisters. So, even if I had an opinion, it would hardly matter. As for friends...the only one I will miss is Ilanei, merely because she is the only person who has ever truly understood me. I suppose I will miss Nimué as well, because she helped to care for us when we were small. And Taanyth, for she was another steady presence. All in all, I have little to leave behind here at the clan as far as personal connections go."

She paused a moment, dwelling on the emotions brought on by just thinking about leaving her sister. But she then cleared her throat and said, "What about you? Do you have any opinion on being arranged to marry someone you scarcely know?"

@Nanobot87
The queen gave Lisil a smile and a slight nod in the midst of speaking with another guest who had approached her, not seeming to miss a beat at moving from one conversation to another. Nahein, behind the matriarch, gave the party from Gimar a slight bow of his head to acknowledge their departure and watched as they walked off.

Meanwhile, across the room, Nimué had been thinking to herself, rather drowning out the noise about her. She rubbed a finger absentmindedly back and forth along the body of the tall glass nestled in her hands. It wasn't until another skydancer was a mere foot away from her that her attention was dragged back to the present.

"You have quite stunning colors," she said quietly, almost as if it had meant to be under her breath but was instead audible. "Where are you from?" She tilted her head slightly to the side as she examined the skydancer before her. The pigtailed hairstyle was an...interesting touch to bring to an event so formal and typically dreary. Although some nobles insisted on dressing themselves up to the point of gaudiness. Emlyn seemed like a person who dressed herself according to her own style and personality. How nice it must be to not have someone dictate that element of expression for you.

"Oh, pardon me," Nimué said suddenly, remembering her manners. "I am Nimué, the matriarch's...prodigy. I am set to inherit care of our clan shrine, to be more precise."

@Toonetta
Taanyth nodded as Makoto spoke, listening with keen interest. She smiled slightly at the mention of where Aeolia was located, waiting for him to finish his description before she said, "I hadn't had my heart set on the steppes, to be perfectly honest. And, even if I had, who is to say that I would be accompanying your party back to Aeolia? Are you that certain of yourself and the offers of your clan?" She was being cheeky and she knew it fully. It was something her mother had warned her against, for some might take offense at it, but she couldn't help herself. There was something about the guardian's confidence that was charming enough to make her speak more like a person and less like a prize.

She was caught off guard by his sudden step forward and proposal of a walk. Without thinking about it, really, she glanced at her two sisters, father, and then to her mother. Surely she wasn't expected to stand stock-still for the entire night. However, if her mother wished her to stay close, it would be best not to go against her desires. And yet, nothing had ever been spoken to her about staying within a specific range of the other delegates. And so, she made an assumption.

"I suppose we can...meander through the crowd," Taanyth said, reaching out to rest her hand gently atop his. Nearly as soon as she had, she wondered what sort of picture it would paint of her for the other suitors, but it would be far more damaging to retract the action now that it had been done. She swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat and smiled, nodding towards the rest of the ballroom. "Shall we?"

~

Ilanei wished to fidget with the hem of her dress, or her gloves, but she had been scolded against such actions too many times as a child. So instead she stood almost completely still. Which might have been more disconcerting than visible nervousness.

"How...far would you say your clan is from here? A few days' journey, possibly more?" she asked, scrambling for a topic to keep the conversation going. She saw movement from the corner of her eye and watched as Taanyth made her way off into the crowd with the other suitor sent from Aeolia. How could she?! Mother had mentioned in passing that the three of them were to be watched by one of the delegation at all times so as to prevent...funny business from occurring. It had seemed silly at the time, because who could possibly want to harm them in the presence of such masses? But now that the crowds were present, possible threats seemed more than myth.

She realized she had begun to fidget with the glove of her left hand and had been too-visibly been following Taanyth's departure with her eyes, so she snapped back into place, looking at the paladin once more.

Meanwhile, the queen had also noticed her eldest daughter's movement away from their delegation. She frowned inwardly and sent a glance towards Nahein. The skydancer nodded in understanding, as if he had noticed as well and had been waiting for word from his leader, and stepped over to Haramios. The two exchanged a brief conversation before Nahein was once again at his queen's side and the gold-bedecked tradesman had vanished into the crowd.
@Ridashippu
Ibaacuine turned and greeted the new group with a smile and a slight bow in response to theirs. She looked them over as their leader spoke. She then flashed a quick grin at the skydancer.

"It is my pleasure to meet you, Empress. We are grateful that you could come join us here on the island for our celebration. I am sure that we can work out an alliance between our two powers." Her gaze shifted to the imperial whom the empress mentioned. The queen's eyes narrowed slightly as she surveyed him. An artist? It was not the sort of person she had imagined would be put forth for her daughters. Typically it was heirs or clan leaders themselves. She eased back into a warm smile once she was finished looking him over. Perhaps he would prove himself valuable given time to evaluate him. Although his nervousness was rather telling at present.

"It is a pleasure to meet you as well, Tyviar. If you wish, you may ask after my daughters later, should you wish to get to know them better. They are a bit preoccupied at the moment, but please, make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the festivities."

@Kalistys
Lohnai blinked, caught off guard by the question. When was the last time that she had been asked her opinion on this whole debacle of marriage? Never, as far as she could recall. Though her father did express a slight bit of worry at the whole ordeal and what his daughters felt.

"I..." she began, but stopped herself, remembering that it was best not to speak until she had her thoughts clear; it saved face that way, and people couldn't twist her words later. She pondered a moment and then sighed, saying, "I honestly do not have any idea or opinion on where I will end up. My mother is, honestly, the one who will be making the decision, with only menial input from me and my sisters. So, even if I had an opinion, it would hardly matter. As for friends...the only one I will miss is Ilanei, merely because she is the only person who has ever truly understood me. I suppose I will miss Nimué as well, because she helped to care for us when we were small. And Taanyth, for she was another steady presence. All in all, I have little to leave behind here at the clan as far as personal connections go."

She paused a moment, dwelling on the emotions brought on by just thinking about leaving her sister. But she then cleared her throat and said, "What about you? Do you have any opinion on being arranged to marry someone you scarcely know?"

@Nanobot87
The queen gave Lisil a smile and a slight nod in the midst of speaking with another guest who had approached her, not seeming to miss a beat at moving from one conversation to another. Nahein, behind the matriarch, gave the party from Gimar a slight bow of his head to acknowledge their departure and watched as they walked off.

Meanwhile, across the room, Nimué had been thinking to herself, rather drowning out the noise about her. She rubbed a finger absentmindedly back and forth along the body of the tall glass nestled in her hands. It wasn't until another skydancer was a mere foot away from her that her attention was dragged back to the present.

"You have quite stunning colors," she said quietly, almost as if it had meant to be under her breath but was instead audible. "Where are you from?" She tilted her head slightly to the side as she examined the skydancer before her. The pigtailed hairstyle was an...interesting touch to bring to an event so formal and typically dreary. Although some nobles insisted on dressing themselves up to the point of gaudiness. Emlyn seemed like a person who dressed herself according to her own style and personality. How nice it must be to not have someone dictate that element of expression for you.

"Oh, pardon me," Nimué said suddenly, remembering her manners. "I am Nimué, the matriarch's...prodigy. I am set to inherit care of our clan shrine, to be more precise."

@Toonetta
Taanyth nodded as Makoto spoke, listening with keen interest. She smiled slightly at the mention of where Aeolia was located, waiting for him to finish his description before she said, "I hadn't had my heart set on the steppes, to be perfectly honest. And, even if I had, who is to say that I would be accompanying your party back to Aeolia? Are you that certain of yourself and the offers of your clan?" She was being cheeky and she knew it fully. It was something her mother had warned her against, for some might take offense at it, but she couldn't help herself. There was something about the guardian's confidence that was charming enough to make her speak more like a person and less like a prize.

She was caught off guard by his sudden step forward and proposal of a walk. Without thinking about it, really, she glanced at her two sisters, father, and then to her mother. Surely she wasn't expected to stand stock-still for the entire night. However, if her mother wished her to stay close, it would be best not to go against her desires. And yet, nothing had ever been spoken to her about staying within a specific range of the other delegates. And so, she made an assumption.

"I suppose we can...meander through the crowd," Taanyth said, reaching out to rest her hand gently atop his. Nearly as soon as she had, she wondered what sort of picture it would paint of her for the other suitors, but it would be far more damaging to retract the action now that it had been done. She swallowed the lump that was forming in her throat and smiled, nodding towards the rest of the ballroom. "Shall we?"

~

Ilanei wished to fidget with the hem of her dress, or her gloves, but she had been scolded against such actions too many times as a child. So instead she stood almost completely still. Which might have been more disconcerting than visible nervousness.

"How...far would you say your clan is from here? A few days' journey, possibly more?" she asked, scrambling for a topic to keep the conversation going. She saw movement from the corner of her eye and watched as Taanyth made her way off into the crowd with the other suitor sent from Aeolia. How could she?! Mother had mentioned in passing that the three of them were to be watched by one of the delegation at all times so as to prevent...funny business from occurring. It had seemed silly at the time, because who could possibly want to harm them in the presence of such masses? But now that the crowds were present, possible threats seemed more than myth.

She realized she had begun to fidget with the glove of her left hand and had been too-visibly been following Taanyth's departure with her eyes, so she snapped back into place, looking at the paladin once more.

Meanwhile, the queen had also noticed her eldest daughter's movement away from their delegation. She frowned inwardly and sent a glance towards Nahein. The skydancer nodded in understanding, as if he had noticed as well and had been waiting for word from his leader, and stepped over to Haramios. The two exchanged a brief conversation before Nahein was once again at his queen's side and the gold-bedecked tradesman had vanished into the crowd.
@Toonetta
Lisil smiled and nodded at passing nobles as she and Amaranth made their way to the refreshments. Her eyes landed on a regal looking skydancer and coatl. She leaned closer to Amaranth. 'What do you think."

Amaranth followed her gaze and his eyes flashed with curiosity for a moment. "I think it's time we make more than just one ally." He said calmly. The duo easily made their way to the pair. Lisil and Amaranth bowed their heads a bit in respect. It was only proper.

Her voice was monotone, like when she spoke with the Matriarch. "Hello, my name is Lisil. This," She placed her other hand on his arm gently. "Is my husband, Amaranth." Her gaze flickered between the two, a warm smile never leaving her face. "I saw you converse with the Queen earlier. What clan do you represent."

Amaranth gazed at the royals as well, ready to clarify anything. The lack of emotion in her voice made communication difficult if they weren't used to it.

@Thaaftwe

Emlyn grinned. "Thanks! Your colors are pretty awesome too! Everyone back home has darker shades, so I like that yours are to light."
She placed her hands on her hips as she continued. "I'm from Gimar of the Tangled Wood! It's pretty dark there so I don't get to see all that many lights, but everything is so bright here! I love it!" Her hands were clenched in front of her as she bounced in place with excitement.

Her eyes widened a bit. "Oh? A Prodigy? Neat! I'm going to be Gimar's Arcane Rep! Not nearly as cool as running a shrine, though!" Her runes glowed brightly with her enthusiasm.
Her eyes quickly took in the skydancer before her, sizing her up in a heartbeat while keeping her cheerful air. It wasn't that she was worried or malicious, it was just something everyone in Gimar was trained to do. Never hurt to figure someone out.

Her eyes sparkled with curiosity. "What else do you do? Do you have family? What do you like to do? What's it like to work in a shrine?" She inquired quickly. Hopefully, her rapid fire questions wouldn't overwhelm Nimué too much.

----
K'var made his way farther along the refreshments, intending on leaving his parents to speak with the other nobles. He picked up a glass and began to sip on it, glad that Em wasn't there to mess with him about drinking. His gaze searched the crowd until it landed on one of his sisters. Em was busy talking some poor skydancer's ear off, and Celyn wasn't in sight. He looked with more care to pick his older sister out of the crowd. His eyes narrowed when he caught a glimpse of her walking outside with someone. He set his drink down and quickly began to make his way towards his sister. They weren't supposed to go off alone with anyone!

@Ridashippu
He accidentally bumped into an elegant looking skydancer. He turned around and caught her arm before she fell, his stomach sinking with horror. He needs to get himself together!
"Forgive me, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Are you alright?"

((OOC: *extreme sigh* OK I'm done! I think I managed to seem literate, but be sure to poke me if I wasn't clear on something.))
@Toonetta
Lisil smiled and nodded at passing nobles as she and Amaranth made their way to the refreshments. Her eyes landed on a regal looking skydancer and coatl. She leaned closer to Amaranth. 'What do you think."

Amaranth followed her gaze and his eyes flashed with curiosity for a moment. "I think it's time we make more than just one ally." He said calmly. The duo easily made their way to the pair. Lisil and Amaranth bowed their heads a bit in respect. It was only proper.

Her voice was monotone, like when she spoke with the Matriarch. "Hello, my name is Lisil. This," She placed her other hand on his arm gently. "Is my husband, Amaranth." Her gaze flickered between the two, a warm smile never leaving her face. "I saw you converse with the Queen earlier. What clan do you represent."

Amaranth gazed at the royals as well, ready to clarify anything. The lack of emotion in her voice made communication difficult if they weren't used to it.

@Thaaftwe

Emlyn grinned. "Thanks! Your colors are pretty awesome too! Everyone back home has darker shades, so I like that yours are to light."
She placed her hands on her hips as she continued. "I'm from Gimar of the Tangled Wood! It's pretty dark there so I don't get to see all that many lights, but everything is so bright here! I love it!" Her hands were clenched in front of her as she bounced in place with excitement.

Her eyes widened a bit. "Oh? A Prodigy? Neat! I'm going to be Gimar's Arcane Rep! Not nearly as cool as running a shrine, though!" Her runes glowed brightly with her enthusiasm.
Her eyes quickly took in the skydancer before her, sizing her up in a heartbeat while keeping her cheerful air. It wasn't that she was worried or malicious, it was just something everyone in Gimar was trained to do. Never hurt to figure someone out.

Her eyes sparkled with curiosity. "What else do you do? Do you have family? What do you like to do? What's it like to work in a shrine?" She inquired quickly. Hopefully, her rapid fire questions wouldn't overwhelm Nimué too much.

----
K'var made his way farther along the refreshments, intending on leaving his parents to speak with the other nobles. He picked up a glass and began to sip on it, glad that Em wasn't there to mess with him about drinking. His gaze searched the crowd until it landed on one of his sisters. Em was busy talking some poor skydancer's ear off, and Celyn wasn't in sight. He looked with more care to pick his older sister out of the crowd. His eyes narrowed when he caught a glimpse of her walking outside with someone. He set his drink down and quickly began to make his way towards his sister. They weren't supposed to go off alone with anyone!

@Ridashippu
He accidentally bumped into an elegant looking skydancer. He turned around and caught her arm before she fell, his stomach sinking with horror. He needs to get himself together!
"Forgive me, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. Are you alright?"

((OOC: *extreme sigh* OK I'm done! I think I managed to seem literate, but be sure to poke me if I wasn't clear on something.))
Hex0gCq.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12