Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Newbies (1x1 with Altair)
1 2
((That's true xD And lol, that's totally fine! Makes things interesting :v))

Gible at first had no idea he was causing some kind of pain or discomfort when he was nibbling on the feelers, but all it took was Sylveon's cry for the dragon type to stop moving his mouth, though the pink appendage was still in his maw. He would tilt his head a little as he tried to take a better look at the larger Pokemon. At least it wasn't forcibly pulling the feeler away or something, so Gible naturally followed Sylveon.

Wolfgang felt grateful that the other Pokemon was willing to guide his own partner along. It gave him the leisure to look around the city. There were hardly any skyscrapers in sight, with only a few tall buildings that seemed to be malls and offices. It really was different from Sinnoh or Unova, especially when he remembered Jublife and Castelia City. He actually wasn't paying a lot of attention to Phem until he heard another noise that seemed to suggest he ran into something. Was it another tree? Unfortunately it wasn't, it was a suspicious looking person with thug clothes on.

When the guy picked up Gible, Wolfgang immediately scowled, "Not without a fight." the dragon type responded to his trainer's aggression by biting the man's hand (thankfully at this point, Sylveon's feelers were out of his mouth). Once he was dropped, he scampered back to his trainer's side with a fierce look. "Don't tell me you're like those "Team Something" people, because I've had enough of them back where I came from." Wolfgang said in annoyance. Rationally he knew it would be dangerous to provoke them, but if they were honestly anything like those grunts he fought before, then even Gible--who had never fought in battle before--should be able to handle what he would bring out.

((I can let you control the grunt if you want :D))
((That's true xD And lol, that's totally fine! Makes things interesting :v))

Gible at first had no idea he was causing some kind of pain or discomfort when he was nibbling on the feelers, but all it took was Sylveon's cry for the dragon type to stop moving his mouth, though the pink appendage was still in his maw. He would tilt his head a little as he tried to take a better look at the larger Pokemon. At least it wasn't forcibly pulling the feeler away or something, so Gible naturally followed Sylveon.

Wolfgang felt grateful that the other Pokemon was willing to guide his own partner along. It gave him the leisure to look around the city. There were hardly any skyscrapers in sight, with only a few tall buildings that seemed to be malls and offices. It really was different from Sinnoh or Unova, especially when he remembered Jublife and Castelia City. He actually wasn't paying a lot of attention to Phem until he heard another noise that seemed to suggest he ran into something. Was it another tree? Unfortunately it wasn't, it was a suspicious looking person with thug clothes on.

When the guy picked up Gible, Wolfgang immediately scowled, "Not without a fight." the dragon type responded to his trainer's aggression by biting the man's hand (thankfully at this point, Sylveon's feelers were out of his mouth). Once he was dropped, he scampered back to his trainer's side with a fierce look. "Don't tell me you're like those "Team Something" people, because I've had enough of them back where I came from." Wolfgang said in annoyance. Rationally he knew it would be dangerous to provoke them, but if they were honestly anything like those grunts he fought before, then even Gible--who had never fought in battle before--should be able to handle what he would bring out.

((I can let you control the grunt if you want :D))
m16OKP.jpeg
((Mmm, nah. You can do the battle? I want to see how we do this... Lol
Honestly, so far I'm enjoying this! Just having a bit of trouble getting into Phems character... Blergh))

Flinching back, Phem tripped and fell backwards, hitting his head on the concrete. Groaning, he said "Aw, man, not again!" He sat up a bit, running the new goose egg and wincing. While he had been down, it seemed Wolfgang had picked a fight with the dude. Fine by him. Apparently these folks were rude. To everyone.

While he had been down, Sylveon had rushed to his friends aid, stand in front if him and hissing harshly. Low rumbling sounds seemed to echo out of his tiny frame. He didn't like it when anyone messed with his loved ones. Rushing forward, he rammed against the strangers legs, bouncing off almost harmlessly. He hadn't used a move, but was instead blinded by rage. The grunt moved to kick the small Sylveon, smacking him in the kind leg. The grunt laughed "You all think you can beat me? You are so weak!"

((Kinda a filler post lol... Maybe enough to go off though?))
((Mmm, nah. You can do the battle? I want to see how we do this... Lol
Honestly, so far I'm enjoying this! Just having a bit of trouble getting into Phems character... Blergh))

Flinching back, Phem tripped and fell backwards, hitting his head on the concrete. Groaning, he said "Aw, man, not again!" He sat up a bit, running the new goose egg and wincing. While he had been down, it seemed Wolfgang had picked a fight with the dude. Fine by him. Apparently these folks were rude. To everyone.

While he had been down, Sylveon had rushed to his friends aid, stand in front if him and hissing harshly. Low rumbling sounds seemed to echo out of his tiny frame. He didn't like it when anyone messed with his loved ones. Rushing forward, he rammed against the strangers legs, bouncing off almost harmlessly. He hadn't used a move, but was instead blinded by rage. The grunt moved to kick the small Sylveon, smacking him in the kind leg. The grunt laughed "You all think you can beat me? You are so weak!"

((Kinda a filler post lol... Maybe enough to go off though?))
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
((I can try xD Wolfgang is a bit challenging for me because I never really made a character that supposedly doesn't care about his Pokemon much, so I'm trying to find a balance of sorts lol))

They were definitely getting into a battle, alright, Wolfgang thought as he whipped out his old Sinnoh PokeDex. He was glad that he brought it with him wherever he went in case it could work in Alola, though for now it would be used to determine what moves Gible actually knew. Not all of the attacks his original Garchomp had could've passed down, but he hoped that at least one powerful dragon type move made into the genes of the little one.

Fortunately there was indeed one or two moves that could work. Wolfgang flinched when the Team Skull grunt kicked Sylveon, to which angered the dragon type greatly. He quickly clambered in front of both his trainer and the Fairy type, about to jump onto the grunt, but his trainer stopped him, "Gible, stand down! You can bite him later after we pound his Pokemon." he knew that these guys were mostly all talk, and that after they take down their Pokemon they would become cowards. That was if this guy had a weak Pokemon, but he was willing to bet on it.

"Oh yeah? I'll show you a pounding! Go, Zubat!" he threw a Poke Ball and out came a small dark blue bat. Wolfgang had to resist the urge to laugh as he checked his PokeDex. Oh Arceus, even Gible could take this thing on easy! It looked like it was barely trained after being caught in some cave. "Alright, Gible, use Dragon Rage!"

But to his shock, his partner had either no idea which move he was talking about or wasn't listening; instead Gible ran to the Zubat and slashed it with Dragon Claw. Well, that would also work, but it wasn't what he commanded. Was Gible too angry to listen to him?

The Zubat screeched in agony at the huge hit, but it wasn't down yet. "What are you doing to my Pokemon?!" the grunt similarly screamed, "Zubat, Absorb!" the small bat let out red beams that hit Gible, but even if it was draining some form of energy, it didn't seem to affect the dragon type all that much. It seemed that this somehow calmed him though--or maybe it made him a bit more lethargic? Nevertheless, Gible didn't seem as enraged as a while ago, but of course still wanted to battle.

"Are you okay, Gible?" the dragon type let out a determined cry in response. "Okay, use Dragon Claw again!"

---

The Zubat couldn't sustain multiple hits of glowing claws, so it didn't take long for it to end up fainting. The grunt cursed at his luck and had no choice to withdraw, but he swore that the next time they would meet, he would bring some friends and take that powerful Gible from Wolfgang. Of course, the trainer wouldn't let him get away with a taunt, so he confidently responded that he'd like to see him try. Unfortunately, it meant that he definitely needed to form a team here or else Gible was going to be in danger.

"We should get you to the Pokemon Center, Gible."

The small Pokemon whined, looking weakened but still able to walk. With a small smile, he picked him up in his arms and then faced his companions. "Phem, Sylveon, are you alright? That battle took longer than I expected, and I think it'd be a good idea to get Sylveon checked for any injury that stupid grunt caused."

((//flops))
((I can try xD Wolfgang is a bit challenging for me because I never really made a character that supposedly doesn't care about his Pokemon much, so I'm trying to find a balance of sorts lol))

They were definitely getting into a battle, alright, Wolfgang thought as he whipped out his old Sinnoh PokeDex. He was glad that he brought it with him wherever he went in case it could work in Alola, though for now it would be used to determine what moves Gible actually knew. Not all of the attacks his original Garchomp had could've passed down, but he hoped that at least one powerful dragon type move made into the genes of the little one.

Fortunately there was indeed one or two moves that could work. Wolfgang flinched when the Team Skull grunt kicked Sylveon, to which angered the dragon type greatly. He quickly clambered in front of both his trainer and the Fairy type, about to jump onto the grunt, but his trainer stopped him, "Gible, stand down! You can bite him later after we pound his Pokemon." he knew that these guys were mostly all talk, and that after they take down their Pokemon they would become cowards. That was if this guy had a weak Pokemon, but he was willing to bet on it.

"Oh yeah? I'll show you a pounding! Go, Zubat!" he threw a Poke Ball and out came a small dark blue bat. Wolfgang had to resist the urge to laugh as he checked his PokeDex. Oh Arceus, even Gible could take this thing on easy! It looked like it was barely trained after being caught in some cave. "Alright, Gible, use Dragon Rage!"

But to his shock, his partner had either no idea which move he was talking about or wasn't listening; instead Gible ran to the Zubat and slashed it with Dragon Claw. Well, that would also work, but it wasn't what he commanded. Was Gible too angry to listen to him?

The Zubat screeched in agony at the huge hit, but it wasn't down yet. "What are you doing to my Pokemon?!" the grunt similarly screamed, "Zubat, Absorb!" the small bat let out red beams that hit Gible, but even if it was draining some form of energy, it didn't seem to affect the dragon type all that much. It seemed that this somehow calmed him though--or maybe it made him a bit more lethargic? Nevertheless, Gible didn't seem as enraged as a while ago, but of course still wanted to battle.

"Are you okay, Gible?" the dragon type let out a determined cry in response. "Okay, use Dragon Claw again!"

---

The Zubat couldn't sustain multiple hits of glowing claws, so it didn't take long for it to end up fainting. The grunt cursed at his luck and had no choice to withdraw, but he swore that the next time they would meet, he would bring some friends and take that powerful Gible from Wolfgang. Of course, the trainer wouldn't let him get away with a taunt, so he confidently responded that he'd like to see him try. Unfortunately, it meant that he definitely needed to form a team here or else Gible was going to be in danger.

"We should get you to the Pokemon Center, Gible."

The small Pokemon whined, looking weakened but still able to walk. With a small smile, he picked him up in his arms and then faced his companions. "Phem, Sylveon, are you alright? That battle took longer than I expected, and I think it'd be a good idea to get Sylveon checked for any injury that stupid grunt caused."

((//flops))
m16OKP.jpeg
1 2