Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | }:Favor of the Gods:{ (Open/Acc)
1 2 3
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @ dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Catrina smiled and sat down in the seat next to her mother's, she'd move later but right now she wanted to catch up with her mother. "I've been wonderful! Teo's always stopping by to add more flowers. The souls seem to really enjoy when he does, and some of them have been rearranging souls so it's easier for everyone to find one another which has been immensely helpful."

She was about to continue until she heard the crunch of claws on stone and was nuzzled by a familiar snout. She beamed and turned to kiss her son's nose, resting her hand under his chin. "Venatus, darling, it's so good to see you again! How are you, dear?" she asked, beaming.

Teotihuacan toyed with the fish for a while longer, marveling at Rusara's wolves with a wide smile, only looking away when Catrina said the name of their son. Seeing that he had finally arrived, Teotihuacan stood and lightly patted the wolves one final time before going over to ruffle Venatus' mane. "Son! How is everything?" He waved his hand and put a rose flower crown on his son's head, happy to see that he'd arrived for the banquet. Now that Venatus was here, that meant there was only... One other god yet to arrive? Now that he thought about it Evari hadn't shown up, nor any of her usual pranks.The humans were no doubt about to come and it wouldn't do to have a deity arrive late. This was an effort to renew relations with the humans, and while Teo wasn't easily angered, especially around his wife, but this was extremely important and he would not risk it going poorly.
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @ dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Catrina smiled and sat down in the seat next to her mother's, she'd move later but right now she wanted to catch up with her mother. "I've been wonderful! Teo's always stopping by to add more flowers. The souls seem to really enjoy when he does, and some of them have been rearranging souls so it's easier for everyone to find one another which has been immensely helpful."

She was about to continue until she heard the crunch of claws on stone and was nuzzled by a familiar snout. She beamed and turned to kiss her son's nose, resting her hand under his chin. "Venatus, darling, it's so good to see you again! How are you, dear?" she asked, beaming.

Teotihuacan toyed with the fish for a while longer, marveling at Rusara's wolves with a wide smile, only looking away when Catrina said the name of their son. Seeing that he had finally arrived, Teotihuacan stood and lightly patted the wolves one final time before going over to ruffle Venatus' mane. "Son! How is everything?" He waved his hand and put a rose flower crown on his son's head, happy to see that he'd arrived for the banquet. Now that Venatus was here, that meant there was only... One other god yet to arrive? Now that he thought about it Evari hadn't shown up, nor any of her usual pranks.The humans were no doubt about to come and it wouldn't do to have a deity arrive late. This was an effort to renew relations with the humans, and while Teo wasn't easily angered, especially around his wife, but this was extremely important and he would not risk it going poorly.
M5RokZd.pngslp_icon_by_rexcaliburr-dbmbj35.png
@elverabasilisk @tootzytfm @dragonofyang @jenkow @ solztize @cornixelecti @goldenheart343 @mimikkyu

Nevermore
"That is very good to hear, my child," Nevermore said, smiling at her daughter. "I'm glad both you and your husband are doing well." One hand was absentmindedly stroking her raven companion. She was glad Catarina had met her husband Teo. She was always quite worried how lonely her daughter was back then. She seemed so happy and cheerful now.

Upon the arrival of Venatus, she looked up at the large dragon. "Ah, Venatus. It's a pleasure to see you again." Though he was her grandson, Nevermore rarely saw much of him since she never leaves the Underworld.

Levant

Levant nodded at Fortuna's words. "Perhaps," he repeated in a hopeful tone. "We can only hope that is true." A part of him sincerely doubt it. As of the situation now, every era brought about even more evil mortals. Long ago, a lot of mortals used to receive his blessing. They were hardworking, loyal, and diligent to the gods. Now, scarcely was there any humans like that. He can't even remember the last time he had blessed a mortal.

Breaking from his thoughts, he turned his attention to Crow. "The usual," Levant replied, giving a small shrug. "Though I won't hesitate to say that I have been quite displeased with the mortals lately. Not all of them but some." Heaving a sigh, he took a small drink from the gilded cup he was holding.

Looking at the mortals pouring in, Levant narrowed his eyes. "It seems that the mortals are finally arriving." The banquet could officially begin once all has arrived. He just hoped nothing would ruin this evening.
@elverabasilisk @tootzytfm @dragonofyang @jenkow @ solztize @cornixelecti @goldenheart343 @mimikkyu

Nevermore
"That is very good to hear, my child," Nevermore said, smiling at her daughter. "I'm glad both you and your husband are doing well." One hand was absentmindedly stroking her raven companion. She was glad Catarina had met her husband Teo. She was always quite worried how lonely her daughter was back then. She seemed so happy and cheerful now.

Upon the arrival of Venatus, she looked up at the large dragon. "Ah, Venatus. It's a pleasure to see you again." Though he was her grandson, Nevermore rarely saw much of him since she never leaves the Underworld.

Levant

Levant nodded at Fortuna's words. "Perhaps," he repeated in a hopeful tone. "We can only hope that is true." A part of him sincerely doubt it. As of the situation now, every era brought about even more evil mortals. Long ago, a lot of mortals used to receive his blessing. They were hardworking, loyal, and diligent to the gods. Now, scarcely was there any humans like that. He can't even remember the last time he had blessed a mortal.

Breaking from his thoughts, he turned his attention to Crow. "The usual," Levant replied, giving a small shrug. "Though I won't hesitate to say that I have been quite displeased with the mortals lately. Not all of them but some." Heaving a sigh, he took a small drink from the gilded cup he was holding.

Looking at the mortals pouring in, Levant narrowed his eyes. "It seems that the mortals are finally arriving." The banquet could officially begin once all has arrived. He just hoped nothing would ruin this evening.
flightrising_forum_mephistopheles_by_sunfaun-dbffmeb.png
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @solztize @ jenkow @cornixelecti @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Rusara smiled as she watched Teo marvel at her creation. She had always loved the ocean, but bringing it to life like he had her favorite creatures was something she couldn't help but feel immense pride for. She smiled as he walked away to see his son, and turned on her heel to grab herself a drink, smiling as she took a seat and watched the others say their hellos. Ra and Su sat near her, keeping watch with their eyeless faces as Su laid down, a gurgly whine escaping her form. "Hush now Su, the humans will be here soon, many new faces for you to play with" She smiled, taking a sip from her drink as she waited for something more interesting to happen. Though this gathering would give her the much needed socialization, the beginnings were often filled with family reunions she was often left out of. Nothing she was too upset about, but always something that dragged out the beginning of their gatherings.

Costus listened to the man's shaking voice, grip on his sword lessening as he detected how scared this man was. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I am not the lost one tonight. Though by the sound of your voice you are." He narrowed his eyes at the man, who introduced himself as Kace. He paused, racking his brain. He had heard that name before, but why?
He stuck his sword in the ground and crossed his arms over his chest, "where we're you headed, perhaps I can be of assistance." His tone was flat, even, though in his mind he was calculating the time it would take for his men to arrive. There was something about the name Kace that was familiar, something he was supposed to remember, something important. He cursed himself internally, hoping his reinforcements would be there in time to catch whoever this was.
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @solztize @ jenkow @cornixelecti @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Rusara smiled as she watched Teo marvel at her creation. She had always loved the ocean, but bringing it to life like he had her favorite creatures was something she couldn't help but feel immense pride for. She smiled as he walked away to see his son, and turned on her heel to grab herself a drink, smiling as she took a seat and watched the others say their hellos. Ra and Su sat near her, keeping watch with their eyeless faces as Su laid down, a gurgly whine escaping her form. "Hush now Su, the humans will be here soon, many new faces for you to play with" She smiled, taking a sip from her drink as she waited for something more interesting to happen. Though this gathering would give her the much needed socialization, the beginnings were often filled with family reunions she was often left out of. Nothing she was too upset about, but always something that dragged out the beginning of their gatherings.

Costus listened to the man's shaking voice, grip on his sword lessening as he detected how scared this man was. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I am not the lost one tonight. Though by the sound of your voice you are." He narrowed his eyes at the man, who introduced himself as Kace. He paused, racking his brain. He had heard that name before, but why?
He stuck his sword in the ground and crossed his arms over his chest, "where we're you headed, perhaps I can be of assistance." His tone was flat, even, though in his mind he was calculating the time it would take for his men to arrive. There was something about the name Kace that was familiar, something he was supposed to remember, something important. He cursed himself internally, hoping his reinforcements would be there in time to catch whoever this was.
3qKDKeH.png
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Crow chuckled as Fortuna asked about the drink, "I believe it is strong enough for mortals, but not too strong. As for my own tastes, it's wonderful darling." he rumbled, a pleasant smile ghosting his face. He took another sip and glanced around the small audience that had arrived. A few humans had trickled in and it pleased him to see faces he, albeit vaguely, recognized. Perhaps descendants of mortals he knew. He then turned his gaze to Levant, "I haven't been displeased, per say, with the mortals more... Saddened. It is both the fault of us, the Gods, and the mortals. It is our job to protect and watch over all on this Earth but... It is also the job of the people, the mortal beings on this Earth who must have faith in us." Crow said, "That and it must be understood we cannot be everywhere at once... Some things fall between the cracks." he murmured, low enough so that only the two before him could hear.

Aether listened closely to the two converse, from the hostility from the first man she assumed he was either terribly aggressive or not here to entertain the gods. The second sounded like a scared bystander who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, Poor thing... maybe if I... she could see the reflection of light and tensed, A sword, or blade. she thought, rethinking what she originally planned, I'll wait... she thought, not daring to move.

She noticed the first man, the one who didn't identify as 'Kace' seemed to.... relax wasn't the right word, no he seemed to be stalling, I need to move if I don't want to be found out. Aether thought, Maybe if I pretend to know this Kace he will play along.... she pondered the idea for a moment before stepping out into the light, "Oh Kace darling! I've been looking all over for you how did we get separated?" Aether said, making sure to seem loud, hoping no one would think she'd been listening in. She looped arms with the man named kace and gave him a sweet smile, "Oh! Thank you sir for finding him, I've been looking for him. We're going to a small gathering out here to meet some friends, they say the gods will show but I'm skeptical!" Aether blabbed, keeping a simplistic and kind look on her face.
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @tootzytfm @goldenheart343

Crow chuckled as Fortuna asked about the drink, "I believe it is strong enough for mortals, but not too strong. As for my own tastes, it's wonderful darling." he rumbled, a pleasant smile ghosting his face. He took another sip and glanced around the small audience that had arrived. A few humans had trickled in and it pleased him to see faces he, albeit vaguely, recognized. Perhaps descendants of mortals he knew. He then turned his gaze to Levant, "I haven't been displeased, per say, with the mortals more... Saddened. It is both the fault of us, the Gods, and the mortals. It is our job to protect and watch over all on this Earth but... It is also the job of the people, the mortal beings on this Earth who must have faith in us." Crow said, "That and it must be understood we cannot be everywhere at once... Some things fall between the cracks." he murmured, low enough so that only the two before him could hear.

Aether listened closely to the two converse, from the hostility from the first man she assumed he was either terribly aggressive or not here to entertain the gods. The second sounded like a scared bystander who was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, Poor thing... maybe if I... she could see the reflection of light and tensed, A sword, or blade. she thought, rethinking what she originally planned, I'll wait... she thought, not daring to move.

She noticed the first man, the one who didn't identify as 'Kace' seemed to.... relax wasn't the right word, no he seemed to be stalling, I need to move if I don't want to be found out. Aether thought, Maybe if I pretend to know this Kace he will play along.... she pondered the idea for a moment before stepping out into the light, "Oh Kace darling! I've been looking all over for you how did we get separated?" Aether said, making sure to seem loud, hoping no one would think she'd been listening in. She looped arms with the man named kace and gave him a sweet smile, "Oh! Thank you sir for finding him, I've been looking for him. We're going to a small gathering out here to meet some friends, they say the gods will show but I'm skeptical!" Aether blabbed, keeping a simplistic and kind look on her face.
RaffleSig_Full_Ver2.pngRaffleButtonSmall_GIF_2.gif
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti
((^^^^ new post order, make sure to copy from either this or the main post. Now accepting new people as we've lost two))

Fortuna beamed then, stepping forward to welcome the guests as they filtered in, spreading her arms carefully as she minded the two to her sides. "Welcome, one and all...The festivities begin as of now, please feel free to have food and drink,"she called, her gentle tone a bit amplified to reach the ears of the mortals. Her jewels sway and glimmer, seeming to glow that bit brighter with her mood lifting. The humans gazed on at the spectacle, a few braver ones slowly inching their way around the gods, approaching the impressive table as they whispered and gawked. "They seem so stunned,"she chuckled as she tapped her lips thoughtfully before turning on her heel as she smiled widely at Levant and Crow.

Venatus licked Catrina's nose before rumbling and mewling in response to his father. He stepped carefully around his mother's seat before coiling behind Teotihuacan. His head brushed his smaller frame gingerly before an ear lift as he heard his grandmother speak. He straightened to attention, shifting into his humanoid figure. His wolf pelt fluffing and slumping around his shoulders as he suddenly appeared stoic and formal. He rest a large hand on his father's shoulder as if for silent excuse before stepping towards Nevermore. He took her hand gently, stooping awkwardly as he kissed her hand, though his brow furrowed. His primal nature wasn't used to such formal events. "Grandmother,"he respond before leaning up into his full height once more.

He looked towards the humans then as his nostrils flared, momentarily scrunching his brooding features. He squared off towards their entrance, his barrel chest filling and sinking as he breathed deeply. He flexed his muscles, tense from the sight of the mortals. People really weren't his expertise.
((^^^^ new post order, make sure to copy from either this or the main post. Now accepting new people as we've lost two))

Fortuna beamed then, stepping forward to welcome the guests as they filtered in, spreading her arms carefully as she minded the two to her sides. "Welcome, one and all...The festivities begin as of now, please feel free to have food and drink,"she called, her gentle tone a bit amplified to reach the ears of the mortals. Her jewels sway and glimmer, seeming to glow that bit brighter with her mood lifting. The humans gazed on at the spectacle, a few braver ones slowly inching their way around the gods, approaching the impressive table as they whispered and gawked. "They seem so stunned,"she chuckled as she tapped her lips thoughtfully before turning on her heel as she smiled widely at Levant and Crow.

Venatus licked Catrina's nose before rumbling and mewling in response to his father. He stepped carefully around his mother's seat before coiling behind Teotihuacan. His head brushed his smaller frame gingerly before an ear lift as he heard his grandmother speak. He straightened to attention, shifting into his humanoid figure. His wolf pelt fluffing and slumping around his shoulders as he suddenly appeared stoic and formal. He rest a large hand on his father's shoulder as if for silent excuse before stepping towards Nevermore. He took her hand gently, stooping awkwardly as he kissed her hand, though his brow furrowed. His primal nature wasn't used to such formal events. "Grandmother,"he respond before leaning up into his full height once more.

He looked towards the humans then as his nostrils flared, momentarily scrunching his brooding features. He squared off towards their entrance, his barrel chest filling and sinking as he breathed deeply. He flexed his muscles, tense from the sight of the mortals. People really weren't his expertise.
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png

Snapping out of his frightened trance, Kace heard a voice speak his name. O-oh... who was it now?! He looked at Costus with wide eyes before glancing behind him. It was a... woman? He stared at her, with a look of confusion on his face. What was she... He opened his mouth to speak when she looped her arm through his. "I-I'm sorry for getting lost..." he murmured, looking down at the ground.

"I got... distracted..." Kace trialed off, glancing over at Aether and back at Costus once more as he listened to the woman explain where he-where they apparently were going. Maybe it would be best to stay quiet...?

Morael lifted her head from her momentary nap, noticing that humans were beginning to arrive in the temple. Oh... how embarrassing... she got to her feet, smoothing out her dress. The mortals see her and she looks a mess. Folding her arms under her chest, she nodded at them as they approached the banquet table.

Although this unmoving stance and getting gawked at by mortals grew to be quite unnerving for Morael, and she looked around at the gods, hoping to find someone to converse with. It seemed that Venatus had arrived during her brief nap, but his size was rather intimidating.

Pursing her lips, she took a goblet from the table and sipped it absentmindedly. Whoever supplied this wine had quite a peculiar taste.

Snapping out of his frightened trance, Kace heard a voice speak his name. O-oh... who was it now?! He looked at Costus with wide eyes before glancing behind him. It was a... woman? He stared at her, with a look of confusion on his face. What was she... He opened his mouth to speak when she looped her arm through his. "I-I'm sorry for getting lost..." he murmured, looking down at the ground.

"I got... distracted..." Kace trialed off, glancing over at Aether and back at Costus once more as he listened to the woman explain where he-where they apparently were going. Maybe it would be best to stay quiet...?

Morael lifted her head from her momentary nap, noticing that humans were beginning to arrive in the temple. Oh... how embarrassing... she got to her feet, smoothing out her dress. The mortals see her and she looks a mess. Folding her arms under her chest, she nodded at them as they approached the banquet table.

Although this unmoving stance and getting gawked at by mortals grew to be quite unnerving for Morael, and she looked around at the gods, hoping to find someone to converse with. It seemed that Venatus had arrived during her brief nap, but his size was rather intimidating.

Pursing her lips, she took a goblet from the table and sipped it absentmindedly. Whoever supplied this wine had quite a peculiar taste.
@elverabasilisk @mimikkyu @ dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti

Catrina and Teotihuacan kept a hand on their son's head, absently petting the wild mane like they used to back when he was a tiny little thing while Nevermore spoke. Teotihuacan smiled and ruffled his mane, "Yes, he's been keeping busy. His creations keep getting stronger and faster, it's amazing." He practically glowed in the literal sense with how proud he is of his son. The two of them watched as Venatus transformed into his towering human form and greet his grandmother, then headed to watch the entrance.

"Excuse me, mother I'm going to go greet the humans. I'll be back shortly," Catrina said when she saw the tenseness in her son's shoulders. She got up and went over to stand next to him, smiling broadly at the incoming humans. "Are you nervous?"

When his wife left, Teotihuacan stole her seat and grabbed a chalice of wine to take a sip. "Do you think this will help our relationship with the humans?" he asked Nevermore as he looked at the humans who had started to trickle in.
@elverabasilisk @mimikkyu @ dragonofyang @solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti

Catrina and Teotihuacan kept a hand on their son's head, absently petting the wild mane like they used to back when he was a tiny little thing while Nevermore spoke. Teotihuacan smiled and ruffled his mane, "Yes, he's been keeping busy. His creations keep getting stronger and faster, it's amazing." He practically glowed in the literal sense with how proud he is of his son. The two of them watched as Venatus transformed into his towering human form and greet his grandmother, then headed to watch the entrance.

"Excuse me, mother I'm going to go greet the humans. I'll be back shortly," Catrina said when she saw the tenseness in her son's shoulders. She got up and went over to stand next to him, smiling broadly at the incoming humans. "Are you nervous?"

When his wife left, Teotihuacan stole her seat and grabbed a chalice of wine to take a sip. "Do you think this will help our relationship with the humans?" he asked Nevermore as he looked at the humans who had started to trickle in.
M5RokZd.pngslp_icon_by_rexcaliburr-dbmbj35.png
@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @ solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti

Nevermore nodded as she watched Catarina move away to greet the mortals. She turned her attention to Teotihuacan. "Maybe. Maybe not," she said, continually petting her raven. "Each mortals think differently. Some may see this in good light. But others, especially hateful ones, may use this as an opportunity to gather information or even to attack.

When the mortals came pouring in the temple, the goddess merely gave them a glance. She wasn't really interested in much of their affairs. None of them were probably happy to see her either.

"That is true," Levant agreed at Crow's words. "I think we gods are doing our best to protect and help the mortals. However, we cannot help them if they have lost faith in us. They have grown evil and apart from us. The evil cannot and never will receive an immortal's blessing." He missed the days when humans were simple and pure-hearted. He doubt things would ever be the same.

Levant stood up from his seat when the mortals arrived. He calmly looked at them for a moment before he gave them a nod. "Greetings, mortals," he greeted. His voice was deep and loud, echoing throughout the temple. "I am pleased that you have come to join us. I hope you all enjoy this wonderful feast prepared by Fortuna."

@ElveraBasilisk @mimikkyu @dragonofyang @ solztize @jenkow @cornixelecti

Nevermore nodded as she watched Catarina move away to greet the mortals. She turned her attention to Teotihuacan. "Maybe. Maybe not," she said, continually petting her raven. "Each mortals think differently. Some may see this in good light. But others, especially hateful ones, may use this as an opportunity to gather information or even to attack.

When the mortals came pouring in the temple, the goddess merely gave them a glance. She wasn't really interested in much of their affairs. None of them were probably happy to see her either.

"That is true," Levant agreed at Crow's words. "I think we gods are doing our best to protect and help the mortals. However, we cannot help them if they have lost faith in us. They have grown evil and apart from us. The evil cannot and never will receive an immortal's blessing." He missed the days when humans were simple and pure-hearted. He doubt things would ever be the same.

Levant stood up from his seat when the mortals arrived. He calmly looked at them for a moment before he gave them a nod. "Greetings, mortals," he greeted. His voice was deep and loud, echoing throughout the temple. "I am pleased that you have come to join us. I hope you all enjoy this wonderful feast prepared by Fortuna."

flightrising_forum_mephistopheles_by_sunfaun-dbffmeb.png
1 2 3