Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Problems We Solve (Closed)
1 2
((@Derp6072 @FusionKnight @RooibosInBlue))

Joan smiled to herself as Artemis woke her up from her slumber. She stretched as she got of bed, making sure to dress nicely as she opened up the restaurant below and then waiting for the first of her employees to arrive. Amaya, as usual, was the first to arrive and the Japanese woman gave her a happy smile before beginning to work and she was soon followed by Jake who greeted them excitedly with three cups of coffee and happy lion tail and ears perked up. He placed them in front of each of them before helping his black haired and green eyed counterpart with the setting up the chairs and tables while Joan folded the silverware into the napkins.

Jake was racing Amaya in seeing how many chairs they both could put back on the ground and Joan laughed a little at the twos antics. Amaya won though and the mark between her eyes was a bright happy yellow sun at the victory before changing to a yellow hammer as she actually got to fixing the chairs around her they continued to work in silence as the other workes began to drift in for their shifts. Each of them greeting Joan and then stopping for a second to pet Artemis for good luck before continuing. Joan smiled, handing the job over to Jake who happily smiled before beginning the process as she moved outside and grabbed a tray of food that had been set out by the kitchen staff before heading outside.

A line had already started out there and she handed the food out to the people that were waiting there. The bar was in the better part of the city but that didn't mean that the homeless weren't there and she was always happy to help them out. Soon the line had dispersed and she pulled the tray back under her arm before looking back on her second phone, her "business" phone and noticing that her connections had noticed that they were on the move.

She'd have to send someone to the bus station and to the airport to pick them up and bring them over. She could make a few calls and she would make sure it was nothing flashy enough to draw any unneeded attention to them in any way. She smiled before sending the message to her people to pick them up and using the favors that they owed her. She smiled as their positive answers lit up her screen. The expression on her face was absolutely positive as she smiled before pocketing it again and continuing to get the restaurant ready for the day.
((@Derp6072 @FusionKnight @RooibosInBlue))

Joan smiled to herself as Artemis woke her up from her slumber. She stretched as she got of bed, making sure to dress nicely as she opened up the restaurant below and then waiting for the first of her employees to arrive. Amaya, as usual, was the first to arrive and the Japanese woman gave her a happy smile before beginning to work and she was soon followed by Jake who greeted them excitedly with three cups of coffee and happy lion tail and ears perked up. He placed them in front of each of them before helping his black haired and green eyed counterpart with the setting up the chairs and tables while Joan folded the silverware into the napkins.

Jake was racing Amaya in seeing how many chairs they both could put back on the ground and Joan laughed a little at the twos antics. Amaya won though and the mark between her eyes was a bright happy yellow sun at the victory before changing to a yellow hammer as she actually got to fixing the chairs around her they continued to work in silence as the other workes began to drift in for their shifts. Each of them greeting Joan and then stopping for a second to pet Artemis for good luck before continuing. Joan smiled, handing the job over to Jake who happily smiled before beginning the process as she moved outside and grabbed a tray of food that had been set out by the kitchen staff before heading outside.

A line had already started out there and she handed the food out to the people that were waiting there. The bar was in the better part of the city but that didn't mean that the homeless weren't there and she was always happy to help them out. Soon the line had dispersed and she pulled the tray back under her arm before looking back on her second phone, her "business" phone and noticing that her connections had noticed that they were on the move.

She'd have to send someone to the bus station and to the airport to pick them up and bring them over. She could make a few calls and she would make sure it was nothing flashy enough to draw any unneeded attention to them in any way. She smiled before sending the message to her people to pick them up and using the favors that they owed her. She smiled as their positive answers lit up her screen. The expression on her face was absolutely positive as she smiled before pocketing it again and continuing to get the restaurant ready for the day.
oulcMpY.gif
@FusionKnight @Derp6072 @Pokemon18780

Ray watched the people at the bus stop. He sat on a bench and watched families reunite and the crowd thin, looking for anyone that may have been sent to find him. As people left narrowed the choice down to two people. The first had been on the bus with him since Chicago, and was now standing about ten feet away smoking a cigarette. The second was leaning against his car, intensely staring at his phone. Ray glanced at the woman smoking, and back to the man, trying to determine who was supposed to be the one to "find him". He glanced at the burner that he was originally contacted on and saw no new messages. Part of him wondered how they were told to pick him up, or who exactly they were told to pick up. Did they have a picture of him? Or did they know his name, or perhaps the name of an alias.

In the time he spent pondering, the girl smoking met up with someone and left, so he could only assume that the man leaning against the car was the one meant to find him. Ray got up and walked over to the man. "I assume you're the one who was supposed to find me."

The man looked up at him, "Are you Nicolas Patterson?" he asked and Ray paused. The only people that knew his real name were people that knew him in high school. He couldn't even remember the last time he used that name, but he made sure to keep any astonishment off his face.

"I prefer the name Ray now, but yes." He said and let the man take his bags and put them in the trunk.

Ray convinced the man to stop by his new apartment to drop off his bags and then they were on the way to whatever rendezvous set by this mysterious benefactor. Even though he attempted to charm information out of Jon, his driver, the man didn't seem to know anything but the person's name who was calling them, and even that he wouldn't give up, though Ray didn't press him too hard. He figured that in due time he would have the information he wanted.

They pulled up to a restaurant named "The Phoenix Restaurant and Bar" and Jon said that was their destination. Ray thanked him and headed towards the restaurant, unsure of what exactly to make of it. Maybe it was a money laundering front, or a drug front. He noticed a few homeless people in the parking lot eating food that appeared to be from the restaurant. While it seemed a bit rude to ask them questions about the restaurant now since they were probably waiting for him. But he remembered their faces for after the meeting, to try and get some information.

Ray walked into the restaurant and was reminded that he hasn't eaten since he left Chicago. The restaurant was fairly empty, probably since it had only recently opened for the day. The waitress sat him near the window and gave him a menu. It took a lot of self control for him not to order something immediately, but he would probably be meeting soon and wouldn't have time to eat it. So he sat in his seat, with a good view of who was approaching the building and of those who were currently in the building.

Ray watched the people at the bus stop. He sat on a bench and watched families reunite and the crowd thin, looking for anyone that may have been sent to find him. As people left narrowed the choice down to two people. The first had been on the bus with him since Chicago, and was now standing about ten feet away smoking a cigarette. The second was leaning against his car, intensely staring at his phone. Ray glanced at the woman smoking, and back to the man, trying to determine who was supposed to be the one to "find him". He glanced at the burner that he was originally contacted on and saw no new messages. Part of him wondered how they were told to pick him up, or who exactly they were told to pick up. Did they have a picture of him? Or did they know his name, or perhaps the name of an alias.

In the time he spent pondering, the girl smoking met up with someone and left, so he could only assume that the man leaning against the car was the one meant to find him. Ray got up and walked over to the man. "I assume you're the one who was supposed to find me."

The man looked up at him, "Are you Nicolas Patterson?" he asked and Ray paused. The only people that knew his real name were people that knew him in high school. He couldn't even remember the last time he used that name, but he made sure to keep any astonishment off his face.

"I prefer the name Ray now, but yes." He said and let the man take his bags and put them in the trunk.

Ray convinced the man to stop by his new apartment to drop off his bags and then they were on the way to whatever rendezvous set by this mysterious benefactor. Even though he attempted to charm information out of Jon, his driver, the man didn't seem to know anything but the person's name who was calling them, and even that he wouldn't give up, though Ray didn't press him too hard. He figured that in due time he would have the information he wanted.

They pulled up to a restaurant named "The Phoenix Restaurant and Bar" and Jon said that was their destination. Ray thanked him and headed towards the restaurant, unsure of what exactly to make of it. Maybe it was a money laundering front, or a drug front. He noticed a few homeless people in the parking lot eating food that appeared to be from the restaurant. While it seemed a bit rude to ask them questions about the restaurant now since they were probably waiting for him. But he remembered their faces for after the meeting, to try and get some information.

Ray walked into the restaurant and was reminded that he hasn't eaten since he left Chicago. The restaurant was fairly empty, probably since it had only recently opened for the day. The waitress sat him near the window and gave him a menu. It took a lot of self control for him not to order something immediately, but he would probably be meeting soon and wouldn't have time to eat it. So he sat in his seat, with a good view of who was approaching the building and of those who were currently in the building.
@FusionKnight @Josell @Pokemon18780 @RooibosInBlue (I think I pinged everyone?)

(( Also Sorry about the late and short, and probably terrible post, I feel so bad, I'll try to do better I promise >-<))

Ara sat on the couch in the living room of her tiny one room apartment, messing around on her phone as usual. She stopped and took a huge bite out of her left over cheese pizza when she felt the buzz of her phone through the couch cushions, She picked up her phone quickly, realizing it was a call she hurriedly finished her bite and slid she accept button before putting the phone to her ear. She expected some business man to be on the other end of the line but when she picked up there was a woman's voice. She didn't know but whoever was on the other side sounded like she had some form of power. Unsure, she listened to it again, carefully this time, finding out more information from the call. Houston? Why Houston? ,she thought taking another bite out of her pizza. She sat back between two cushions and thought for a second, it wouldn't be terrible, she hadn't been out in a while and she probably needed the socializing before she became a hermit or something. She began to think on modes of transportation, she didn't have enough money for a airline ticket, so she'd have to settle with a bus. She pulled her best black backpack out of her closet and packed about the bare minimum for the trip.

A few hours later, she boarded the bus to Houston, And soon enough, she was in Houston, with what now felt like her a thousand pound bag. She remembered the voice mail saying they'd find her,so she sat on the bench close by and waited for who ever to find her and take her where ever she was going. She silently took her headphones from around her neck and put them on before pressing the play button on her phone and sliding her phone into her pocket, when music began to play she relaxed, forgetting about basically everything going on around her. Although she was pretty much lost in her own mind at this point she kept on making sure her hood was up, she didn't want to draw any attention to herself.

((Also sorry if I switch tenses, I'm not the best at staying in one tense :/ ))

Edit: ((Edited my post a bit, I hope this is slightly better? If it's not I'll do best to fix it >-<))
@FusionKnight @Josell @Pokemon18780 @RooibosInBlue (I think I pinged everyone?)

(( Also Sorry about the late and short, and probably terrible post, I feel so bad, I'll try to do better I promise >-<))

Ara sat on the couch in the living room of her tiny one room apartment, messing around on her phone as usual. She stopped and took a huge bite out of her left over cheese pizza when she felt the buzz of her phone through the couch cushions, She picked up her phone quickly, realizing it was a call she hurriedly finished her bite and slid she accept button before putting the phone to her ear. She expected some business man to be on the other end of the line but when she picked up there was a woman's voice. She didn't know but whoever was on the other side sounded like she had some form of power. Unsure, she listened to it again, carefully this time, finding out more information from the call. Houston? Why Houston? ,she thought taking another bite out of her pizza. She sat back between two cushions and thought for a second, it wouldn't be terrible, she hadn't been out in a while and she probably needed the socializing before she became a hermit or something. She began to think on modes of transportation, she didn't have enough money for a airline ticket, so she'd have to settle with a bus. She pulled her best black backpack out of her closet and packed about the bare minimum for the trip.

A few hours later, she boarded the bus to Houston, And soon enough, she was in Houston, with what now felt like her a thousand pound bag. She remembered the voice mail saying they'd find her,so she sat on the bench close by and waited for who ever to find her and take her where ever she was going. She silently took her headphones from around her neck and put them on before pressing the play button on her phone and sliding her phone into her pocket, when music began to play she relaxed, forgetting about basically everything going on around her. Although she was pretty much lost in her own mind at this point she kept on making sure her hood was up, she didn't want to draw any attention to herself.

((Also sorry if I switch tenses, I'm not the best at staying in one tense :/ ))

Edit: ((Edited my post a bit, I hope this is slightly better? If it's not I'll do best to fix it >-<))
((@FusionKnight @Josell @Derp6072 @RooibosInBlue I'm going to ping everyone just to make sure that they still want to be in this RP. Also Derp mutations are widely accepted in this RP and that there's someone at the bus stops and airports to pick people up and bring them to the restaurant.))

Joan finally finished up her call a few hours after sending the message, turned out the call had been from one of her waitress's, Mili, who had gotten sick. Which meant that she would have to fill in for the poor girl until she got better, something that she didn't mind in the least. She would still be payed so that she could still pay for her rent, schooling, and medicine. Basic stuff that the girl would need and Joan kept a small smile as she took up her apron and tied it around her waist an action that she hadn't done in over six months due to Jake breaking his leg when he was doing something stupid. Artemis caught her eyes, the white cat moving down from her usual place on the bar which caused almost all of the employees eyes along with some of the regulars to stop and watch the feline.The felines tail was high in the air and she followed after her calmly pulling, the little notepad out to write down orders.

It was rare for Artemis to lead a waiter around the room but soon the novelty was gone and everything returned to normal as Joan stood by the side of the table where a man was situated. She silently noted that he had chosen a spot that had a perfect view of the restaurant and the streets around it, a corner area that protected his back so that he wouldn't have to watch it and the only one in her restaurant that she actually allowed. She scanned his face quickly, recognizing him and allowing it to show in her eyes for a few seconds before the look disappeared completely. She clicked her pen against the notepad before resting the tip gently against the white paper and putting his name down at the top. Not his real one of course, but an alias that he was known by as she did a small doodle on the paper to make sure that it actually worked.

"Hello my name is Joanalil and I'll be your waitress for the day. Are you by any chance ready to order or care for a drink while you decide?" She asked, blue eyes shining as she smiled, not noticing that Artemis was under the table and happily rubbing herself against the mans legs before jumping onto the seat next to him and nuzzling against his leg happily. The loud purrs caught her ears and her wings fluttered slightly at the sound as she bent slightly to get a look at what was causing Artemis to purr before smiling.

"It seems that the Phoenix mascot has taken a liking to you. Consider yourself lucky first timer, it doesn't happen very often." She laughed as Artemis meowed again, the felines own blue eyes opening from where they had closed to look at him before letting out another small needy mew as she placed a paw on his leg.
((@FusionKnight @Josell @Derp6072 @RooibosInBlue I'm going to ping everyone just to make sure that they still want to be in this RP. Also Derp mutations are widely accepted in this RP and that there's someone at the bus stops and airports to pick people up and bring them to the restaurant.))

Joan finally finished up her call a few hours after sending the message, turned out the call had been from one of her waitress's, Mili, who had gotten sick. Which meant that she would have to fill in for the poor girl until she got better, something that she didn't mind in the least. She would still be payed so that she could still pay for her rent, schooling, and medicine. Basic stuff that the girl would need and Joan kept a small smile as she took up her apron and tied it around her waist an action that she hadn't done in over six months due to Jake breaking his leg when he was doing something stupid. Artemis caught her eyes, the white cat moving down from her usual place on the bar which caused almost all of the employees eyes along with some of the regulars to stop and watch the feline.The felines tail was high in the air and she followed after her calmly pulling, the little notepad out to write down orders.

It was rare for Artemis to lead a waiter around the room but soon the novelty was gone and everything returned to normal as Joan stood by the side of the table where a man was situated. She silently noted that he had chosen a spot that had a perfect view of the restaurant and the streets around it, a corner area that protected his back so that he wouldn't have to watch it and the only one in her restaurant that she actually allowed. She scanned his face quickly, recognizing him and allowing it to show in her eyes for a few seconds before the look disappeared completely. She clicked her pen against the notepad before resting the tip gently against the white paper and putting his name down at the top. Not his real one of course, but an alias that he was known by as she did a small doodle on the paper to make sure that it actually worked.

"Hello my name is Joanalil and I'll be your waitress for the day. Are you by any chance ready to order or care for a drink while you decide?" She asked, blue eyes shining as she smiled, not noticing that Artemis was under the table and happily rubbing herself against the mans legs before jumping onto the seat next to him and nuzzling against his leg happily. The loud purrs caught her ears and her wings fluttered slightly at the sound as she bent slightly to get a look at what was causing Artemis to purr before smiling.

"It seems that the Phoenix mascot has taken a liking to you. Consider yourself lucky first timer, it doesn't happen very often." She laughed as Artemis meowed again, the felines own blue eyes opening from where they had closed to look at him before letting out another small needy mew as she placed a paw on his leg.
oulcMpY.gif
Damian's eyes shot open as he felt someone's hand resting on his shoulder,he looked up at the waitress who informed him that they would be landing soon,he nodded in acknowledgement and fastened his seatbelt before relaxing into his seat again.The plane began descending slowly towards the the ground before it trembled slightly on contact with the ground,Damian got up from his seat and exited the plane,shielding his eyes from the hot scorching sun.

He walked into the airport and retrieved his bags before walking towards the exit,he was about to make a call to one of his contacts when he felt someone place a hand on his shoulder"just keep walking"the voice instructed before she reached down and took his hand into hers,placing her head against his shoulder as they walked outsoutside.To the bystanders around they would seem as newlyweds,naïve and uncertain,but Damian was getting annoyed"I was told to find you,I won't say by who,so you'll have to trust me"she whispered as she led him to her car.

He placed his bag in the backseat and got in silently"I'm Sasha by the way"she smiled as she started driving away from the airport.

"and what makes you think you got the right guy?"he asked,irritation dancing on his tongue as he looked at the girl,she had slightly pale skin tone with blue eyes and blonde hair,Damian averted his gaze and looked at the scenery racing by.

"I just do"was her answer as she concentrated driving,the rest of the ride was spent in silence before they pulled up to a restaurant"well,here we are"she smiled brightly as she drummed her finger on the steering wheel.

Damian looked at the restaurant and thought back to the call"really,is this some kind of joke?"he began questioning the reliability of this girl,bit decided to play along,for now at least.He stepped out of the car and retrieved his bag from the backseat,he looked up at the restaurant once more before going in,where he was greeted by a waiter and led towards a table for one.He placed his bag beside him as he took a seat and waited.

@Derp6072 @Josell @Pokemon18780(sorry it took so long to post,RL is killing me) @RooibosInBlue
Damian's eyes shot open as he felt someone's hand resting on his shoulder,he looked up at the waitress who informed him that they would be landing soon,he nodded in acknowledgement and fastened his seatbelt before relaxing into his seat again.The plane began descending slowly towards the the ground before it trembled slightly on contact with the ground,Damian got up from his seat and exited the plane,shielding his eyes from the hot scorching sun.

He walked into the airport and retrieved his bags before walking towards the exit,he was about to make a call to one of his contacts when he felt someone place a hand on his shoulder"just keep walking"the voice instructed before she reached down and took his hand into hers,placing her head against his shoulder as they walked outsoutside.To the bystanders around they would seem as newlyweds,naïve and uncertain,but Damian was getting annoyed"I was told to find you,I won't say by who,so you'll have to trust me"she whispered as she led him to her car.

He placed his bag in the backseat and got in silently"I'm Sasha by the way"she smiled as she started driving away from the airport.

"and what makes you think you got the right guy?"he asked,irritation dancing on his tongue as he looked at the girl,she had slightly pale skin tone with blue eyes and blonde hair,Damian averted his gaze and looked at the scenery racing by.

"I just do"was her answer as she concentrated driving,the rest of the ride was spent in silence before they pulled up to a restaurant"well,here we are"she smiled brightly as she drummed her finger on the steering wheel.

Damian looked at the restaurant and thought back to the call"really,is this some kind of joke?"he began questioning the reliability of this girl,bit decided to play along,for now at least.He stepped out of the car and retrieved his bag from the backseat,he looked up at the restaurant once more before going in,where he was greeted by a waiter and led towards a table for one.He placed his bag beside him as he took a seat and waited.

@Derp6072 @Josell @Pokemon18780(sorry it took so long to post,RL is killing me) @RooibosInBlue
Sofya drove and drove until she reached the exit for Houston, her destination. She sighed in relief as she turned and headed towards the address she had traced earlier. The endless fields gave way to thickets of trees, and the trees gave way to small buildings eventually downtown Houston. She found a parking spot on the outskirts of downtown, stopped, and called Oscar Marone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Oscar. It's Sofya. You still have that empty place, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Can I stay there for a bit? I'm in Houston on a business trip and I need somewhere."
"Woah, you're here?"
The conversation carried on until Oscar and Sofya reached an agreement, and she wound up and down the streets until she reached the place.

It was a narrow but tall townhouse, with brick siding that reached a level roof. Sofya recalled that there were two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Oscar had been planning on renting it out, but Sofya was grateful he hadn't found anyone yet. It was a nice place. She carried her backpack to the door, took the keys out from under the plant per Oscar's instructions, and went inside.

It was relatively bare. The vacant dining room led into the kitchen, where a fridge slept in the corner. Sofya made her way up to a bedroom and dropped her stuff there before exiting the house. She was walking to her car when a black car slowed to a stop in front of her. She halted. The driver stepped out; a young man with dark, curly hair and a lanky body.
"Get inside," he said, not unkindly. Sofya's brows raised in disbelief.
"There's no way I'm getting in with a stranger."
The man smiled. "I'm here to drive you to your new job." At that, Sofya was confused. How could they know who she was? She was told she would be found, after all. Her phone in hand, she slowly stepped into the car. As long as she had her phone, she was safe.

The man drove her to the restaurant, which was exactly like she saw it in the pictures. He braked and said over his shoulder, "This is it, so you better go in there."
Sofya got out and opened the door to the restaurant, scrutinizing it immediately. She saw a man sitting in the corner, a woman waiting on him, and a muscly guy at another table. A waitress took her to a seat and she sat, eyeing the waitress who was serving the man in the corner.
Sofya drove and drove until she reached the exit for Houston, her destination. She sighed in relief as she turned and headed towards the address she had traced earlier. The endless fields gave way to thickets of trees, and the trees gave way to small buildings eventually downtown Houston. She found a parking spot on the outskirts of downtown, stopped, and called Oscar Marone.
"Hello?"
"Hey, Oscar. It's Sofya. You still have that empty place, right?"
"Yeah, why?"
"Can I stay there for a bit? I'm in Houston on a business trip and I need somewhere."
"Woah, you're here?"
The conversation carried on until Oscar and Sofya reached an agreement, and she wound up and down the streets until she reached the place.

It was a narrow but tall townhouse, with brick siding that reached a level roof. Sofya recalled that there were two bedrooms and two bathrooms. Oscar had been planning on renting it out, but Sofya was grateful he hadn't found anyone yet. It was a nice place. She carried her backpack to the door, took the keys out from under the plant per Oscar's instructions, and went inside.

It was relatively bare. The vacant dining room led into the kitchen, where a fridge slept in the corner. Sofya made her way up to a bedroom and dropped her stuff there before exiting the house. She was walking to her car when a black car slowed to a stop in front of her. She halted. The driver stepped out; a young man with dark, curly hair and a lanky body.
"Get inside," he said, not unkindly. Sofya's brows raised in disbelief.
"There's no way I'm getting in with a stranger."
The man smiled. "I'm here to drive you to your new job." At that, Sofya was confused. How could they know who she was? She was told she would be found, after all. Her phone in hand, she slowly stepped into the car. As long as she had her phone, she was safe.

The man drove her to the restaurant, which was exactly like she saw it in the pictures. He braked and said over his shoulder, "This is it, so you better go in there."
Sofya got out and opened the door to the restaurant, scrutinizing it immediately. She saw a man sitting in the corner, a woman waiting on him, and a muscly guy at another table. A waitress took her to a seat and she sat, eyeing the waitress who was serving the man in the corner.
hu72dVR.png
Ray watched as the winged waitress made her way over to the table. Judging on the reaction he saw from the people in the restaurant, she seemed to be of some importance. A lot of those who Ray assumed to be regulars smiled at her, or interacted in some manner as she passed, even stopping to scratch the white cat at it passed. When she reached his table the two made eye contact, a signal it seemed that she recognized him. He returned the stare before being interrupted by the white cat.

He stared at the cat for a bit, unsure as to respond to such a friendly animal. Most animals hated Ray, if not immediately, definitely by the second time he met them. While humans generally couldn't sense the change in pheromones, animals always could, and when you change that they have a tendency of not trusting you anymore. One of the dogs that his foster parents had would constantly bark at him, no matter what Ray did.

As the cat nuzzled against his leg and mewed softly, Ray bent down and scratched the cat behind its ear. While doing this, he tried to hide his own discomfort with interacting with the animal. Luckily a distraction soon came in the form of two other seemingly out of place people coming into the restaurant. One man was a muscular man with some bags who took a seat nearby and a fairly tall women walked in. The man's position seemed to be pretty clear, since every heist needs some sort of muscle. The woman's role was a bit more confusing, she seemed fairly innocent looking, and not like the sort that would be involved with some plan that was undoubtedly illegal. Then again, his intuition told him that there was some sort of government involvement, so it may not be as illegal as he would have hoped.

Ray turned back to look at Joanalil and smirked, resting his head on his hand. "Well as hungry as I am, I doubt the point of coming here was to eat. I'll just have some coffee for now."

(EEEEK!! Sorry, I just started classes and was busier than I thought I would be, sorry for the late post ;-;)
Ray watched as the winged waitress made her way over to the table. Judging on the reaction he saw from the people in the restaurant, she seemed to be of some importance. A lot of those who Ray assumed to be regulars smiled at her, or interacted in some manner as she passed, even stopping to scratch the white cat at it passed. When she reached his table the two made eye contact, a signal it seemed that she recognized him. He returned the stare before being interrupted by the white cat.

He stared at the cat for a bit, unsure as to respond to such a friendly animal. Most animals hated Ray, if not immediately, definitely by the second time he met them. While humans generally couldn't sense the change in pheromones, animals always could, and when you change that they have a tendency of not trusting you anymore. One of the dogs that his foster parents had would constantly bark at him, no matter what Ray did.

As the cat nuzzled against his leg and mewed softly, Ray bent down and scratched the cat behind its ear. While doing this, he tried to hide his own discomfort with interacting with the animal. Luckily a distraction soon came in the form of two other seemingly out of place people coming into the restaurant. One man was a muscular man with some bags who took a seat nearby and a fairly tall women walked in. The man's position seemed to be pretty clear, since every heist needs some sort of muscle. The woman's role was a bit more confusing, she seemed fairly innocent looking, and not like the sort that would be involved with some plan that was undoubtedly illegal. Then again, his intuition told him that there was some sort of government involvement, so it may not be as illegal as he would have hoped.

Ray turned back to look at Joanalil and smirked, resting his head on his hand. "Well as hungry as I am, I doubt the point of coming here was to eat. I'll just have some coffee for now."

(EEEEK!! Sorry, I just started classes and was busier than I thought I would be, sorry for the late post ;-;)
1 2