Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Two at a Time [1x1]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
((oh i know its cold, getting to classes gives me a portion of cold i will gladly go without))

Centipede gave a quick chortle, doing a quick loop-de-loop in the air. She was clearly having fun. "Oh you are too wonderful," she said, wiping away a nonexistent tear.

At that moment, a dragon appeared around the corner.

"Representative Centipede, you're needed on the second floor."

The red Spiral glared disapprovingly. "Whaaat? But I'm having so much fun..."

The dragon shrugged. "Boss is demanding your presence in a business transaction."

Centipede gave a resigned sigh. "Ugh. Very well." She gave Cancri a last tease, "Do behave while I'm gone~"

Marble blinked. "I don't mind," he said, a hint of happiness in his voice.

"Then, we'll take our leave," Iolite said as she turned towards the gate once more. "Well, if you two ever want a garden, you know who to come to," the witch told the Faes cheerfully. Marble dipped his head, flustered.
((oh i know its cold, getting to classes gives me a portion of cold i will gladly go without))

Centipede gave a quick chortle, doing a quick loop-de-loop in the air. She was clearly having fun. "Oh you are too wonderful," she said, wiping away a nonexistent tear.

At that moment, a dragon appeared around the corner.

"Representative Centipede, you're needed on the second floor."

The red Spiral glared disapprovingly. "Whaaat? But I'm having so much fun..."

The dragon shrugged. "Boss is demanding your presence in a business transaction."

Centipede gave a resigned sigh. "Ugh. Very well." She gave Cancri a last tease, "Do behave while I'm gone~"

Marble blinked. "I don't mind," he said, a hint of happiness in his voice.

"Then, we'll take our leave," Iolite said as she turned towards the gate once more. "Well, if you two ever want a garden, you know who to come to," the witch told the Faes cheerfully. Marble dipped his head, flustered.
xxxxx uvuxbfn.png 4vJXUnL.gif
((siiiiighs school hates all students))

"If I do, it won't be because of you," Cancri gritted between her teeth. If there wasn't this infernal barrier between herself and Centipede, the Spiral would be covered in reanimated cockroaches right now.

Or centipedes. Wriggling, half-rotting, animated centipedes. Poetic justice was always nice.

Once Centipede had gone, Cancri turned her attention to Tigre, sitting up straighter. "So, lovebug, I appear to have misjudged you on our first meeting."

Ashan lingered for just a bit longer, zipping around with the butterflies, before she catapulted herself towards Iolite and nearly crashed into Iolite's hat.

Whoops.

She straightened herself out, shook herself off midair, zoomed down to check on Arafel (who was just now sitting up), and returned to do loop-the-loops around Iolite's head.

"Food?"
((siiiiighs school hates all students))

"If I do, it won't be because of you," Cancri gritted between her teeth. If there wasn't this infernal barrier between herself and Centipede, the Spiral would be covered in reanimated cockroaches right now.

Or centipedes. Wriggling, half-rotting, animated centipedes. Poetic justice was always nice.

Once Centipede had gone, Cancri turned her attention to Tigre, sitting up straighter. "So, lovebug, I appear to have misjudged you on our first meeting."

Ashan lingered for just a bit longer, zipping around with the butterflies, before she catapulted herself towards Iolite and nearly crashed into Iolite's hat.

Whoops.

She straightened herself out, shook herself off midair, zoomed down to check on Arafel (who was just now sitting up), and returned to do loop-the-loops around Iolite's head.

"Food?"
TTbPXX8.png
((thats all too true))

Tigre watched Centipede leave, and she seemed to relax a little. Centipede unnerved her. Sure, she was dependable, and worst come to worst Tigre would easily tear her apart. But there was still something so unsettling...

Tigre crocked an eyebrow as the Mirror struck up conversation with her. What was it with the petnames?

"Is that so?" she replied, remaining in her relaxed position.

Iolite chuckled. "Yes, food." As Marble closed the doors behind them, she made her way towards the left.

"Ley lines... I don't believe I've heard of them," Iolite said as she turned a corner. "Although, I must admit, I focused more on fungi than on my magic itself when I traveled."
((thats all too true))

Tigre watched Centipede leave, and she seemed to relax a little. Centipede unnerved her. Sure, she was dependable, and worst come to worst Tigre would easily tear her apart. But there was still something so unsettling...

Tigre crocked an eyebrow as the Mirror struck up conversation with her. What was it with the petnames?

"Is that so?" she replied, remaining in her relaxed position.

Iolite chuckled. "Yes, food." As Marble closed the doors behind them, she made her way towards the left.

"Ley lines... I don't believe I've heard of them," Iolite said as she turned a corner. "Although, I must admit, I focused more on fungi than on my magic itself when I traveled."
((Sorry for being so late, I managed to get strep throat))

The pet names amused Cancri. And, even better, they didn't amuse Tigre. Win-win, really.

"Mmmm. While you're still more bratty than a magical hatchling, you seem to be a decent fighter." Cancri stood and began pacing the cell, checking all the nooks and crannies. "Though I still do wonder who you murdered to get that sort of respect."

Ashan wrinkled her fans at the mention of fungi.

"Isn't that the stuff that makes you sick when you eat it?" she asked. "Or is there more to it?"
((Sorry for being so late, I managed to get strep throat))

The pet names amused Cancri. And, even better, they didn't amuse Tigre. Win-win, really.

"Mmmm. While you're still more bratty than a magical hatchling, you seem to be a decent fighter." Cancri stood and began pacing the cell, checking all the nooks and crannies. "Though I still do wonder who you murdered to get that sort of respect."

Ashan wrinkled her fans at the mention of fungi.

"Isn't that the stuff that makes you sick when you eat it?" she asked. "Or is there more to it?"
TTbPXX8.png
((oh gosh, thats unfortunate!! i wish you well. funny enough, a throat bug has been spreading around campus lately. i don't think its strep, but all the same.))

Tigre's eyebrow rose higher. The last thing she'd expected from this Mirror was praise.

"You're not as prissy as you came off to be either," she replied. "Although you're still just as unpleasant." Again Cancri brought up that topic. At this point Tigre couldn't tell if she was being serious or sarcastic.

Either way, Tigre decided to humor the Mirror. There wasn't much else to do in these cells. "You can't get respect overnight," she huffed, "But, if it satisfies your question, I have ended the lives of dragons before." Tigre looked down at her paw and unsheathed her claws. "Either criminals gone too far, or upon orders from R- Boss," she said as she checked her claws.

"Oh, it can be," Iolite nodded, careful not to do so too hard. She didn't want to shake off the resting Arafel. "By fungi I mean mycelium, mold, rot, but primarily mushrooms. And there are many of those which can cause illnesses or disorders, hallucinations, and the like. But there are also edible ones, medical ones..." She peeked past the brim of her hat at the fluttering Ashan. "Currently, I'm experimenting with the latter. Turns out there are a variety of things certain fungal species can cure!" Iolite sounded rather excited.

There were more dragons on the street now, but before they got too far, Iolite stopped at a building. It stood in the corner of a block. The ground floor looked like a cafe. Retractable glass doors made up most of the walls, and today they were completely open, the cafe spilling out into the wide street with tables and chairs. It was a quaint little place, and the smell of food wafted from inside.

"This is the GreenJoy," Iolite proclaimed. Indeed, a plaque hung from a metal rod reading 'GreenJoy' in a bright green paint. "It's a nice little place to stop by. I often run into Marble or Aquarina here."
((oh gosh, thats unfortunate!! i wish you well. funny enough, a throat bug has been spreading around campus lately. i don't think its strep, but all the same.))

Tigre's eyebrow rose higher. The last thing she'd expected from this Mirror was praise.

"You're not as prissy as you came off to be either," she replied. "Although you're still just as unpleasant." Again Cancri brought up that topic. At this point Tigre couldn't tell if she was being serious or sarcastic.

Either way, Tigre decided to humor the Mirror. There wasn't much else to do in these cells. "You can't get respect overnight," she huffed, "But, if it satisfies your question, I have ended the lives of dragons before." Tigre looked down at her paw and unsheathed her claws. "Either criminals gone too far, or upon orders from R- Boss," she said as she checked her claws.

"Oh, it can be," Iolite nodded, careful not to do so too hard. She didn't want to shake off the resting Arafel. "By fungi I mean mycelium, mold, rot, but primarily mushrooms. And there are many of those which can cause illnesses or disorders, hallucinations, and the like. But there are also edible ones, medical ones..." She peeked past the brim of her hat at the fluttering Ashan. "Currently, I'm experimenting with the latter. Turns out there are a variety of things certain fungal species can cure!" Iolite sounded rather excited.

There were more dragons on the street now, but before they got too far, Iolite stopped at a building. It stood in the corner of a block. The ground floor looked like a cafe. Retractable glass doors made up most of the walls, and today they were completely open, the cafe spilling out into the wide street with tables and chairs. It was a quaint little place, and the smell of food wafted from inside.

"This is the GreenJoy," Iolite proclaimed. Indeed, a plaque hung from a metal rod reading 'GreenJoy' in a bright green paint. "It's a nice little place to stop by. I often run into Marble or Aquarina here."
"I- wait, prissy?" Cancri whipped around, immediately bristling. She'd been called a lot of things, but never prissy.

Unpleasant was slightly better. She was used to that. Her scales smoothed over a bit.

"Eh, we've all killed. You'd fit in quite well with my pack, now that I think of it," she said. "And who's this R-Boss? Sounds like a pain, if he wants you to kill dragons."

"Ooooh!" Ashan squeals, and it's not just about the resturant. "Hallucinating fungi.... Some hatchlings ate some mushrooms once and got really really trippy! The clan blamed Arafel and me, but that wasn't faaaaair."

She pouted, then started zooming around the rafters of the GreenJoy, inspecting the place.

Arafel sat up. "It wasn't actually the mushrooms that made them see pretty swirling colors," she said conversationally. "I got really, really annoyed with their yelling. Hatchlings are so loud."
"I- wait, prissy?" Cancri whipped around, immediately bristling. She'd been called a lot of things, but never prissy.

Unpleasant was slightly better. She was used to that. Her scales smoothed over a bit.

"Eh, we've all killed. You'd fit in quite well with my pack, now that I think of it," she said. "And who's this R-Boss? Sounds like a pain, if he wants you to kill dragons."

"Ooooh!" Ashan squeals, and it's not just about the resturant. "Hallucinating fungi.... Some hatchlings ate some mushrooms once and got really really trippy! The clan blamed Arafel and me, but that wasn't faaaaair."

She pouted, then started zooming around the rafters of the GreenJoy, inspecting the place.

Arafel sat up. "It wasn't actually the mushrooms that made them see pretty swirling colors," she said conversationally. "I got really, really annoyed with their yelling. Hatchlings are so loud."
TTbPXX8.png
So prissy got a reaction?

It sounded like the Mirror was from a rather ferocious clan... Even using the word pack. It was rare to meet someone in from such a group in Mint City.

"It's just Boss," Tigre corrected Cancri, "And she, would never do something that inhibits the Wardogs." She started checking the claws on her other paw. "Wanton killing is something that would attract the Council's unneeded attention."

Iolite snickered. "You are quite the naughty pair aren't you?" she teased as she entered the cafe. As she looked at the displays of food and the menu, she continued to talk. "It must be rather easy to prank dragons with your powers, I assume."

The dragon behind the counter came over.

"Hello! How may I help you today?"

Iolite returned the greeting. "Could I have a Winterbelle Tart? Oh, and these two will be ordering as well," she turned to glance at Arafel resting on her shoulder.
So prissy got a reaction?

It sounded like the Mirror was from a rather ferocious clan... Even using the word pack. It was rare to meet someone in from such a group in Mint City.

"It's just Boss," Tigre corrected Cancri, "And she, would never do something that inhibits the Wardogs." She started checking the claws on her other paw. "Wanton killing is something that would attract the Council's unneeded attention."

Iolite snickered. "You are quite the naughty pair aren't you?" she teased as she entered the cafe. As she looked at the displays of food and the menu, she continued to talk. "It must be rather easy to prank dragons with your powers, I assume."

The dragon behind the counter came over.

"Hello! How may I help you today?"

Iolite returned the greeting. "Could I have a Winterbelle Tart? Oh, and these two will be ordering as well," she turned to glance at Arafel resting on her shoulder.
"Boss, she," Cancri corrected with a roll of her eyes. "In a city like this, I suppose you'd have to have something to stop fights."

Following that line of thought, she'd have to have a pretty good reason to stay in a city like this. She got bored easily even within the proper clan her pack was attached to - though the respect of all those Faes and Skydancers was rather nice, she had to admit.

Not that it mattered. Zodiac would probably chew her out royally for getting into trouble when she got back.

"Wardogs...." she repeated thoughtfully, bringing her mind back to the conversation at hand. "You're their leader, yes? Commander or what have you."

"Very easy." Arafel's fans perked up in satisfaction as she studied the menu.

She ordered two of the same thing with only slight variations, asking for one to be made spicier than the other. Ashan was still up among the rafters.

"We can pay for our own," she offered. A bag shimmered into existence at her side - previously concealed by an illusion - and she reached into it.
"Boss, she," Cancri corrected with a roll of her eyes. "In a city like this, I suppose you'd have to have something to stop fights."

Following that line of thought, she'd have to have a pretty good reason to stay in a city like this. She got bored easily even within the proper clan her pack was attached to - though the respect of all those Faes and Skydancers was rather nice, she had to admit.

Not that it mattered. Zodiac would probably chew her out royally for getting into trouble when she got back.

"Wardogs...." she repeated thoughtfully, bringing her mind back to the conversation at hand. "You're their leader, yes? Commander or what have you."

"Very easy." Arafel's fans perked up in satisfaction as she studied the menu.

She ordered two of the same thing with only slight variations, asking for one to be made spicier than the other. Ashan was still up among the rafters.

"We can pay for our own," she offered. A bag shimmered into existence at her side - previously concealed by an illusion - and she reached into it.
TTbPXX8.png
"Fights, criminals, underground dealings," Tigre listed off. "We make sure to deal with usurpers, lawbreakers, and disturbers of peace with utmost severity. Demolish the weed so that it never grows again, so to speak." She clenched her outstretched paw. Then she lay it flat against the ground.

"Second-in-command, actually," Tigre said. "'Commander' is simply shorter, and everyone calls our actual commander Boss." She glanced at Cancri, observing her in detail this time, taking in her armor, apparel, that pesky staff she could never get her hands on. Getting into that fight didn't give her a good chance to actually look at the purple Mirror. Such an annoying shade of purple. A quick thought passed through her head, wondering about the Mirror's mate. Those two didn't seem that close...

She turned away quickly when she caught herself staring.

"Oh no, I can't possibly let you. I'll cover you," Iolite insisted, placing down some treasure before the Faes could protest. The dragon behind the counter reached for the payment, not really caring who pays.
"Fights, criminals, underground dealings," Tigre listed off. "We make sure to deal with usurpers, lawbreakers, and disturbers of peace with utmost severity. Demolish the weed so that it never grows again, so to speak." She clenched her outstretched paw. Then she lay it flat against the ground.

"Second-in-command, actually," Tigre said. "'Commander' is simply shorter, and everyone calls our actual commander Boss." She glanced at Cancri, observing her in detail this time, taking in her armor, apparel, that pesky staff she could never get her hands on. Getting into that fight didn't give her a good chance to actually look at the purple Mirror. Such an annoying shade of purple. A quick thought passed through her head, wondering about the Mirror's mate. Those two didn't seem that close...

She turned away quickly when she caught herself staring.

"Oh no, I can't possibly let you. I'll cover you," Iolite insisted, placing down some treasure before the Faes could protest. The dragon behind the counter reached for the payment, not really caring who pays.
"Mmmh." Cancri felt the weight of Tigre's stare, but chose to ignore it, lazily itching her tail against the floor.

"So you've got a nicely confusing chain of command, apparent tensions in the city, and quite a lot of enemies," she said, half to herself, then glanced up at Tigre. "Almost makes me glad I run with Zodiac's pack, as annoying as some of those dragons are."

Now that she was looking properly at Tigre - examining her not just as an opponent - she decided she respected the strength that she saw. Most Skydancers that she knew didn't look like they could tear another dragon apart. Her claws itched to take out her staff and see if she could examine Tigre's soul-

Ah, no, she probably couldn't. This infernal barrier-!

She didn't even realize she was staring, still studying Tigre with an intent blue gaze.

Arafel debated whether to protest again, but decided not to make a scene. She simply folded her head fans in gratitude.

"Ah, thank you, then" she said. "Ashan and I didn't expect to meet someone so nice....!"

Ashan still hadn't come down from the rafters. It looked like she was talking to a wisp of fog.
"Mmmh." Cancri felt the weight of Tigre's stare, but chose to ignore it, lazily itching her tail against the floor.

"So you've got a nicely confusing chain of command, apparent tensions in the city, and quite a lot of enemies," she said, half to herself, then glanced up at Tigre. "Almost makes me glad I run with Zodiac's pack, as annoying as some of those dragons are."

Now that she was looking properly at Tigre - examining her not just as an opponent - she decided she respected the strength that she saw. Most Skydancers that she knew didn't look like they could tear another dragon apart. Her claws itched to take out her staff and see if she could examine Tigre's soul-

Ah, no, she probably couldn't. This infernal barrier-!

She didn't even realize she was staring, still studying Tigre with an intent blue gaze.

Arafel debated whether to protest again, but decided not to make a scene. She simply folded her head fans in gratitude.

"Ah, thank you, then" she said. "Ashan and I didn't expect to meet someone so nice....!"

Ashan still hadn't come down from the rafters. It looked like she was talking to a wisp of fog.
TTbPXX8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10