Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Best of the Worst [closed]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[i]You wake up one morning, and something is off. Something is very wrong. No matter how much you wrack your brain, you can't, you just can't put your claw on what's wrong. You take a break for breakfast. After some soul-searching, you realize— your favorite thing! Your favorite material good! The one you just cannot life without! It's gone! Lost? You tear your home apart, but there is no sign of it. Stolen? There was that Ridgeback that had been giving you eyes lately… Just as you're about to start questioning dragons, you see it— not the thing, but an envelope. You pick it up. It smells like old books. The only thing written on it is your name, and your clan's name. No return address, you note. You break the wax seal with your claw without getting a good look at the insignia stamped into it and tug out the paper on it. The message is short and sweet.[/i] [center][b][i]Dawn. Two days from now. Meet where the Tangled Wood meets the Sea of a Thousand Currents for further instructions. [/b][/i][/center] [u][b]The Mission[/b][/u] TBA [u][b]The Players[/b][/u] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=106696&tab=dragon&did=17646646][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/176467/17646646.png?mtime=WC0g9wAAVWg.png[/img][/url] [b]Alfie[/b] | [i]CosmicCoelacanth[/i] A singer and pianist by trade, Alfie was born into a rich family that he left for personal reasons, and now makes his living by performing in the bar of a fancy hotel. He's gone through his rough patches, but has become entirely re-accustomed to living the high life, so to speak, and has no interest in going on any adventures, thank you. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=83686&tab=dragon&did=9942135][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/99422/9942135.png?mtime=WC2f_AAAXpY.png[/img][/url] [b]Taylor[/b] | [i]firewins[/i] Taylor is actually a smart dragon but has never had to fight for anything in her life (or fight at all). She is a quiet dragon and doesn't know much about the world outside of her clan. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28517317][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/285174/28517317.png?mtime=WCon_QAAKQA.png[/img][/url] [b]Amber[/b] | [i]Frysa[/i] Amber might be still a hatchling, but she is the sassiest, vainest, and somehow the most innocent hatchling you can imagine. She will speak her mind, always. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27447210][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/274473/27447210.png?mtime=WCm1UAAAUtM.png[/img][/url] [b]Grizzly[/b] | [i]Teddybears[/i] Grizzly is a quiet and rather socially awkward dragon. She tries to be the best and offer the best, she's funny and humorous to the right types of dragons. When you first meet her, she might seem a bit cold and unapproachable, but that's far from the case! She loves to talk to dragons...provided if she actually manages to warm up to the dragon first. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27655974][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/276560/27655974.png?mtime=WBVQ7gAAQyM.png[/img][/url] [b]Kelsis[/b] | [i]Purpleater13[/i] Even though he remains a kind and (not so) cuddly fae, Kelsis's body is awash with corruption. He feels very uncomfortable with the darkness running through his blood, and wants it out. However the thing he hates most, is the black, sticky, explosive tar that constantly oozes from his body. It is the only thing keeping him from having friends. He just wants to get rid of it and live a normal life with those he loves. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=240439&tab=dragon&did=25866036][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/258661/25866036.png?mtime=V_q_0AAAYUc.png[/img][/url] [b]Harmony[/b] | [i]BlackLilac[/i] Harmony is kind, funny and bright. He is confident with himself and is unafraid to dress in girls clothes. Though he has lived a fairly sheltered life with a few close friends and has faced almost no big problems. When taken away from his friends or put in a new situation Harmony retreats in to himself and becomes much quieter than he usually is. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21274911][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/212750/21274911.png?mtime=V8tOygAAVP0.png[/img][/url] [b]Cisen[/b] | [i]BlueAlphyn885[/i] He constantly boasts about being a master wizard, but he's really nothing more than a phony con artist who can barely even do cheap card tricks. He jumps at any opportunity to get others to do work for him, as he hates getting his claws dirty. He is also known to be a huge coward, preferring to continuously run away from his problems rather than face them head on. Still though, he has a heart deep down under all that vanity, and it just takes a little effort to find it. He dislikes seeing others in pain, and gets lightheaded at the sight of blood. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24706177][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/247062/24706177.png?mtime=WC9bIwAARDE.png[/img][/url] [b]Jasper[/b] | [i]beesuitb[/i] Jasper is a small, fleetfooted warrior. He is known as the most beautiful child to be hatched of his bloodline- which is really saying something, considering he came from a clan known for the beauty of it's dragons. He isn't the brightest, and seems to be more shy than anything, but is willing to tentatively go searching for what he wants / needs. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19556051][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/195561/19556051.png?mtime=WC9lBgAARZY.png[/img][/url] [b]Daisus[/b] | [i]Tox[/i] A jeweler by trade, Daisus is a charismatic merchant with a heart of expensive and finely crafted gold. His years of bartering and selling have made him quite street smart, though his "book smarts" could definitely be worked on. Forced to travel in his youth, Daisus remembers what it's like to have to adventure, but would rather never do it again and gets all of his materials from areas close by his home. He'll do what has to be done, but as a jeweler, that usually only requires intricate custom orders.
You wake up one morning, and something is off. Something is very wrong. No matter how much you wrack your brain, you can't, you just can't put your claw on what's wrong. You take a break for breakfast. After some soul-searching, you realize— your favorite thing! Your favorite material good! The one you just cannot life without! It's gone! Lost? You tear your home apart, but there is no sign of it. Stolen? There was that Ridgeback that had been giving you eyes lately… Just as you're about to start questioning dragons, you see it— not the thing, but an envelope. You pick it up. It smells like old books. The only thing written on it is your name, and your clan's name. No return address, you note. You break the wax seal with your claw without getting a good look at the insignia stamped into it and tug out the paper on it. The message is short and sweet.

Dawn. Two days from now. Meet where the Tangled Wood meets the Sea of a Thousand Currents for further instructions.

The Mission
TBA

The Players

17646646.png?mtime=WC0g9wAAVWg.png
Alfie | CosmicCoelacanth
A singer and pianist by trade, Alfie was born into a rich family that he left for personal reasons, and now makes his living by performing in the bar of a fancy hotel. He's gone through his rough patches, but has become entirely re-accustomed to living the high life, so to speak, and has no interest in going on any adventures, thank you.

9942135.png?mtime=WC2f_AAAXpY.png
Taylor | firewins
Taylor is actually a smart dragon but has never had to fight for anything in her life (or fight at all). She is a quiet dragon and doesn't know much about the world outside of her clan.

28517317.png?mtime=WCon_QAAKQA.png
Amber | Frysa
Amber might be still a hatchling, but she is the sassiest, vainest, and somehow the most innocent hatchling you can imagine. She will speak her mind, always.

27447210.png?mtime=WCm1UAAAUtM.png
Grizzly | Teddybears
Grizzly is a quiet and rather socially awkward dragon. She tries to be the best and offer the best, she's funny and humorous to the right types of dragons. When you first meet her, she might seem a bit cold and unapproachable, but that's far from the case! She loves to talk to dragons...provided if she actually manages to warm up to the dragon first.

27655974.png?mtime=WBVQ7gAAQyM.png
Kelsis | Purpleater13
Even though he remains a kind and (not so) cuddly fae, Kelsis's body is awash with corruption. He feels very uncomfortable with the darkness running through his blood, and wants it out. However the thing he hates most, is the black, sticky, explosive tar that constantly oozes from his body. It is the only thing keeping him from having friends. He just wants to get rid of it and live a normal life with those he loves.

25866036.png?mtime=V_q_0AAAYUc.png
Harmony | BlackLilac
Harmony is kind, funny and bright. He is confident with himself and is unafraid to dress in girls clothes. Though he has lived a fairly sheltered life with a few close friends and has faced almost no big problems. When taken away from his friends or put in a new situation Harmony retreats in to himself and becomes much quieter than he usually is.

21274911.png?mtime=V8tOygAAVP0.png
Cisen | BlueAlphyn885
He constantly boasts about being a master wizard, but he's really nothing more than a phony con artist who can barely even do cheap card tricks. He jumps at any opportunity to get others to do work for him, as he hates getting his claws dirty. He is also known to be a huge coward, preferring to continuously run away from his problems rather than face them head on. Still though, he has a heart deep down under all that vanity, and it just takes a little effort to find it. He dislikes seeing others in pain, and gets lightheaded at the sight of blood.

24706177.png?mtime=WC9bIwAARDE.png
Jasper | beesuitb
Jasper is a small, fleetfooted warrior. He is known as the most beautiful child to be hatched of his bloodline- which is really saying something, considering he came from a clan known for the beauty of it's dragons. He isn't the brightest, and seems to be more shy than anything, but is willing to tentatively go searching for what he wants / needs.

19556051.png?mtime=WC9lBgAARZY.png
Daisus | Tox
A jeweler by trade, Daisus is a charismatic merchant with a heart of expensive and finely crafted gold. His years of bartering and selling have made him quite street smart, though his "book smarts" could definitely be worked on. Forced to travel in his youth, Daisus remembers what it's like to have to adventure, but would rather never do it again and gets all of his materials from areas close by his home. He'll do what has to be done, but as a jeweler, that usually only requires intricate custom orders.

13ee4657328d39e8dd08554c4b0bec370d00a6b7.png
@purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Tox @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

((yooo
also don't bother to match this post length haha, I just wanted some Exposition. i'm ptobably never gonna make a post this long again))

A cool breeze washed over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, carrying Alfie over the coastline. The sun hadn’t yet risen, but he’d already been trying to find the meeting place for an hour or so. He had seen an island with a large sign that said “SECRET DAWN MEETING MEET HERE”, but that had turned out to be for some sort of cult that had the island reserved for a blood sacrifice. At this point, though, Alfie would trade all this flying for the blood sacrifice. It had taken him two days to fly from his home in the Crystalspine Peaks to the Water/Shadow border, and he wasn’t necessarily known for his endurance.

There were more islands than he had anticipated on the coast, all covered in the strange, dark grass native to Shadow territories, a stark contrast against the bleach-white sand and perfect blues of the Sea. After a while, they started to blend together, and of course the letter hadn’t mentioned which island they had to go to, or if they had to meet on an island at all. Alfie yawned and his wings faltered. All he wanted was to go back to sleep, preferably in his own home. At least, he needed somewhere to rest for a little bit, lest he fall asleep mid-flight and fall right into the Sea.

Just as Alfie turned towards land, he noticed something on one of the islands. Something shiny…

His energy renewed, he twisted and dove towards it, slowing just above land to make a perfect, delicate landing. He shook his fishnet cape so it draped over his back just so, and tugged his silks back into place.

Alfie looked around the island, trying to find the shiny he’d seen from above. There! He jogged towards it and bent forward, pulling it towards him with a toe claw. It was a little plaque, with an inscription saying:

To the recipients of our letter— welcome! Please stay here and await further instructions. A representative will be here at 8:00 sharp with your task.

Above it was an unfamiliar insignia, but it had been worn away and was difficult to make out. Alfie backed away from the plaque. “I guess this is the place,” he muttered to himself, as he settled on the ground. Maybe he could get a few seconds of sleep before the other “recipients”— or the representative themselves— showed up.
@purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Tox @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

((yooo
also don't bother to match this post length haha, I just wanted some Exposition. i'm ptobably never gonna make a post this long again))

A cool breeze washed over the Sea of a Thousand Currents, carrying Alfie over the coastline. The sun hadn’t yet risen, but he’d already been trying to find the meeting place for an hour or so. He had seen an island with a large sign that said “SECRET DAWN MEETING MEET HERE”, but that had turned out to be for some sort of cult that had the island reserved for a blood sacrifice. At this point, though, Alfie would trade all this flying for the blood sacrifice. It had taken him two days to fly from his home in the Crystalspine Peaks to the Water/Shadow border, and he wasn’t necessarily known for his endurance.

There were more islands than he had anticipated on the coast, all covered in the strange, dark grass native to Shadow territories, a stark contrast against the bleach-white sand and perfect blues of the Sea. After a while, they started to blend together, and of course the letter hadn’t mentioned which island they had to go to, or if they had to meet on an island at all. Alfie yawned and his wings faltered. All he wanted was to go back to sleep, preferably in his own home. At least, he needed somewhere to rest for a little bit, lest he fall asleep mid-flight and fall right into the Sea.

Just as Alfie turned towards land, he noticed something on one of the islands. Something shiny…

His energy renewed, he twisted and dove towards it, slowing just above land to make a perfect, delicate landing. He shook his fishnet cape so it draped over his back just so, and tugged his silks back into place.

Alfie looked around the island, trying to find the shiny he’d seen from above. There! He jogged towards it and bent forward, pulling it towards him with a toe claw. It was a little plaque, with an inscription saying:

To the recipients of our letter— welcome! Please stay here and await further instructions. A representative will be here at 8:00 sharp with your task.

Above it was an unfamiliar insignia, but it had been worn away and was difficult to make out. Alfie backed away from the plaque. “I guess this is the place,” he muttered to himself, as he settled on the ground. Maybe he could get a few seconds of sleep before the other “recipients”— or the representative themselves— showed up.
Amber whined. "I can't believe I had to make this entire journey on my own! My claws hurt and my wings hurt and my scales hurt and my everything hurts!" She was sad there was no one to complain to. Her ride had left her at the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents and said, "You must go on from here alone" or something cryptic like that.
Amber whined. "I can't believe I had to make this entire journey on my own! My claws hurt and my wings hurt and my scales hurt and my everything hurts!" She was sad there was no one to complain to. Her ride had left her at the edge of the Sea of a Thousand Currents and said, "You must go on from here alone" or something cryptic like that.
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
@CosmicCoelacanth @purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

(I've subscribed to the thread, so no one needs to ping me. Make sure to let everyone know if you subscribe as well! Man, the subscription feature is so useful.)

The flight from the Plague/Arcane border to the Water/Shadow border was almost entirely to the East, and Daisus was at least grateful for that. He was no fan of having to stray so far from home; he hardly liked crossing the Scarred Wasteland, let alone going outside of it.

For all the trouble he was going through, he hoped that his precious keepsake would be at the place he had been instructed to go to, though his gut told him it wouldn't be. The item he had lost was a precious memento, a carving he had made himself out of a hunk of raw lapis lazuli. If he didn't get it back... Well, he wasn't sure what he would do, but it wouldn't be pleasant.

Finding the island that hadn't quite been specified in the note proved to be a challenge once Daisus actually arrived at the border. He would have searched much longer had he not spied another Wildclaw on one of the islands - one covered in silks and jewels that sparkled in the light reflecting off of the water.

Daisus banked towards the island and landed near the other dragon, only then noticing the shining plaque nearby. He had assumed the shine he saw from it came from the Wildclaw.

"More waiting," Daisus said aloud as he read it. "Of course. I don't suppose you're one of the representatives, are you?"
@CosmicCoelacanth @purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

(I've subscribed to the thread, so no one needs to ping me. Make sure to let everyone know if you subscribe as well! Man, the subscription feature is so useful.)

The flight from the Plague/Arcane border to the Water/Shadow border was almost entirely to the East, and Daisus was at least grateful for that. He was no fan of having to stray so far from home; he hardly liked crossing the Scarred Wasteland, let alone going outside of it.

For all the trouble he was going through, he hoped that his precious keepsake would be at the place he had been instructed to go to, though his gut told him it wouldn't be. The item he had lost was a precious memento, a carving he had made himself out of a hunk of raw lapis lazuli. If he didn't get it back... Well, he wasn't sure what he would do, but it wouldn't be pleasant.

Finding the island that hadn't quite been specified in the note proved to be a challenge once Daisus actually arrived at the border. He would have searched much longer had he not spied another Wildclaw on one of the islands - one covered in silks and jewels that sparkled in the light reflecting off of the water.

Daisus banked towards the island and landed near the other dragon, only then noticing the shining plaque nearby. He had assumed the shine he saw from it came from the Wildclaw.

"More waiting," Daisus said aloud as he read it. "Of course. I don't suppose you're one of the representatives, are you?"
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
@purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

((SWEET JEEBUS I keep forgetting the sub feature's back lmao… alright I subbed no need to ping me either))

Alfie, who had dozed off a little, jumped when he head a voice. "Augh! Who do you—" He stumbled to his feet and shook his head. "Whoo. I'm so sorry about that." He turned to the other Wildclaw. "I'm not one of the representatives, actually— I'm just, uh, I was sent a letter…" He frowned, wondering if his eyeliner looked okay. He had been in such a rush before he left on the last leg of his journey…

Something caught his ear and he tilted his head. "Hey, do your hear that? It sounds like… someone… Sorry I'm so out of sorts, by the way. I've had an awfully long trip." Alfie trotted to the edge of the island and looked along the coastline, his eyes settling eventually on a tiny, but very bright-colored, hatchling. "Oh my! There's a child over there!" He cupped his hands to his mouth. "Excuse me, dear! Are you alright?"
@purpleater13 @firewins @Teddybears @Frysa @Blacklilac @BlueAlphyn885 @beesuitb @DarkElite020

((SWEET JEEBUS I keep forgetting the sub feature's back lmao… alright I subbed no need to ping me either))

Alfie, who had dozed off a little, jumped when he head a voice. "Augh! Who do you—" He stumbled to his feet and shook his head. "Whoo. I'm so sorry about that." He turned to the other Wildclaw. "I'm not one of the representatives, actually— I'm just, uh, I was sent a letter…" He frowned, wondering if his eyeliner looked okay. He had been in such a rush before he left on the last leg of his journey…

Something caught his ear and he tilted his head. "Hey, do your hear that? It sounds like… someone… Sorry I'm so out of sorts, by the way. I've had an awfully long trip." Alfie trotted to the edge of the island and looked along the coastline, his eyes settling eventually on a tiny, but very bright-colored, hatchling. "Oh my! There's a child over there!" He cupped his hands to his mouth. "Excuse me, dear! Are you alright?"
(Subbed as well)

"Yeah, of course I am!" The hatchling responded. "And I'm nearly an adult, and other dragons say I'm really independant." Here she stuck her nose in the air proudly. "So when someone took my favorite jewellry set and said to meet them there, it would show other dragons that hatchlings can do stuff!" Now as she looked at the two full-grown Wildclaws, Amber felt rather intimidated. She didn't show it, and instead raised her small feathered ruff in a commanding way.
(Subbed as well)

"Yeah, of course I am!" The hatchling responded. "And I'm nearly an adult, and other dragons say I'm really independant." Here she stuck her nose in the air proudly. "So when someone took my favorite jewellry set and said to meet them there, it would show other dragons that hatchlings can do stuff!" Now as she looked at the two full-grown Wildclaws, Amber felt rather intimidated. She didn't show it, and instead raised her small feathered ruff in a commanding way.
ice_demiboybling_by_cicide76536-dcn9o5e.gifp7h5Nyu.pngarcane_demigirlbling_by_cicide76536-dcn9nzp.gif
((since people are subbed I wont ping, but unfortunately I think I decided Im not going to rp in this because with all these people it might be hard for me to keep up while im busy with school, sorry!))
((since people are subbed I wont ping, but unfortunately I think I decided Im not going to rp in this because with all these people it might be hard for me to keep up while im busy with school, sorry!))
ezgif.com-resize_3.gif ezgif.com-resize_4.gif ezgif.com-gif-maker_16.gif
(I'm subbed)
Harmony procrastinated for the longest time. Do I really need my flute back? The flute made of silver with magical charms on it that was the last gift he ever received from his aunt who raised him? In the end he decided yes, he did need it. Arriving at an island with three other dragons he sat down by the plaque, observing the other dragons and wondering what they were doing here.
(I'm subbed)
Harmony procrastinated for the longest time. Do I really need my flute back? The flute made of silver with magical charms on it that was the last gift he ever received from his aunt who raised him? In the end he decided yes, he did need it. Arriving at an island with three other dragons he sat down by the plaque, observing the other dragons and wondering what they were doing here.
Visit my art shop
@DarkElite020

((That's fine, thanks for letting me know! Good luck w/ school!))

---

Alfie shrunk back from the hatchling, touching his chest. He wasn't very good with kids, they made him quite nervous, and this one was yelling at him! "Uh…" He cleared his throat and regained his composure. "You do seem quite independent, darling! I'm sorry about the jewelry. Now, if—" Out of the corner of his eye, Alfie saw a glimmer of silver. It took him a minute to notice that it was another dragon, an Imperial. He gave a sharp gasp. "Oh my! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you land! Oh, my, I'm so out of sort today. Forgive me. Sweet Gladekeeper, I'm just out of my mind, aren't I?"
@DarkElite020

((That's fine, thanks for letting me know! Good luck w/ school!))

---

Alfie shrunk back from the hatchling, touching his chest. He wasn't very good with kids, they made him quite nervous, and this one was yelling at him! "Uh…" He cleared his throat and regained his composure. "You do seem quite independent, darling! I'm sorry about the jewelry. Now, if—" Out of the corner of his eye, Alfie saw a glimmer of silver. It took him a minute to notice that it was another dragon, an Imperial. He gave a sharp gasp. "Oh my! I'm sorry, I didn't hear you land! Oh, my, I'm so out of sort today. Forgive me. Sweet Gladekeeper, I'm just out of my mind, aren't I?"
"Wait, wait, wait," said Daisus, shaking his head. "What was that? You said your favorite jewelry set was stolen?" He looked at the other Wildclaw, then back to the young Coatl. "My most prized possession was taken from me - a lapis lazuli carving."

He turned back to the other Wildclaw. "You! Was something taken from you as well? You said you received a letter."
"Wait, wait, wait," said Daisus, shaking his head. "What was that? You said your favorite jewelry set was stolen?" He looked at the other Wildclaw, then back to the young Coatl. "My most prized possession was taken from me - a lapis lazuli carving."

He turned back to the other Wildclaw. "You! Was something taken from you as well? You said you received a letter."
trans 8upyv5b.png
fSLriXt.png
Jace | He/Him | 23 | FR+1
unknown.png
DyNrws8.png
zFqmlqZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7