Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Poketown Club RP
1 2
@GiftofArtemis @AbyssRanger

Sunny walked into the club slowly, taking in the scents and scenes of the club before everything was starting up. Everything seems so surreal to here before the party started, nothing was quite dirty yet, no loud singing, or nervous dancing. The atmosphere was not yet to her liking. She slowly approached the stage, a grin spread wide a across her face as she began to prepare her equipment for her favorite part of everyday. Gently, she touched her station and moved things around to make sure the sound quality was in check. She just couldn't wait to start pumping music, and making people happy.

Sunny walked into the club slowly, taking in the scents and scenes of the club before everything was starting up. Everything seems so surreal to here before the party started, nothing was quite dirty yet, no loud singing, or nervous dancing. The atmosphere was not yet to her liking. She slowly approached the stage, a grin spread wide a across her face as she began to prepare her equipment for her favorite part of everyday. Gently, she touched her station and moved things around to make sure the sound quality was in check. She just couldn't wait to start pumping music, and making people happy.
The Current was empty, save for the few of Orin's employees that were cleaning and setting up for the day. One of his first changes as manager was to have the club cleaned up before they opened instead of after everyone left. It got his company home earlier, as he didnt like making them stay until the wee hours of the morning to wash the floor.

Orin walked behind the bar and flipped a switch, and the whole club lit up. Neon yellow lightning bolts streaked the sides, and the stage flashed like a thunderhead. He had made a few changes to the club, but his mentor, Zante, had really made the Current what it was.

Orin wore a blue dress shirt and a black vest. The sleeves of the dress shirt were pushed up to show his tattoos. His right arm had yellow stripesalmost up to his elbow, his left had four-pointed stars. Around his neck was thick blue and yellow headphones. They made him look hip, but in actuality he never really listened to music with them. They were typically just used to cancel out the sound when the club got too loud.

He walked over to the stage where Sunny was setting up. He hopped up to sit on the edge of the stage, his feet dangling above the dance floor. "Morning Sunny." he looked around. "How goes it?"

@snickeroodle @abyssranger
The Current was empty, save for the few of Orin's employees that were cleaning and setting up for the day. One of his first changes as manager was to have the club cleaned up before they opened instead of after everyone left. It got his company home earlier, as he didnt like making them stay until the wee hours of the morning to wash the floor.

Orin walked behind the bar and flipped a switch, and the whole club lit up. Neon yellow lightning bolts streaked the sides, and the stage flashed like a thunderhead. He had made a few changes to the club, but his mentor, Zante, had really made the Current what it was.

Orin wore a blue dress shirt and a black vest. The sleeves of the dress shirt were pushed up to show his tattoos. His right arm had yellow stripesalmost up to his elbow, his left had four-pointed stars. Around his neck was thick blue and yellow headphones. They made him look hip, but in actuality he never really listened to music with them. They were typically just used to cancel out the sound when the club got too loud.

He walked over to the stage where Sunny was setting up. He hopped up to sit on the edge of the stage, his feet dangling above the dance floor. "Morning Sunny." he looked around. "How goes it?"

guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@Snickeroodle @GiftofArtemis

The bartender came out from the back room after having changed into this uniform. His hair has been put back into a small ponytail to keep it out of the way while he worked. While his hair and clothes were neat, the man's knuckles were slightly bruised and he had a small cut on his lip. This made it pretty evident that he had been in some sort of scuffle, which wasn't exactly uncommon for him. With a glance around at the rest of the club, which was in the process of being cleaned and set up, Grant made his way over to his station at the bar.

He took out a rag and began to wiped down the bar, as was part of his routine when he first got there. All cleaning and what not was now done before the club opened, since the new manager took over. Once the bar was cleaned, Grant set about making sure that the various types of alcohol were sorted to make it easier for him to find and that none of them were running low, if they were he found another bottle and put it beside the one that was running low. There still was a lot to do, but he had time to get it all finished before the club opened, as usual.
@Snickeroodle @GiftofArtemis

The bartender came out from the back room after having changed into this uniform. His hair has been put back into a small ponytail to keep it out of the way while he worked. While his hair and clothes were neat, the man's knuckles were slightly bruised and he had a small cut on his lip. This made it pretty evident that he had been in some sort of scuffle, which wasn't exactly uncommon for him. With a glance around at the rest of the club, which was in the process of being cleaned and set up, Grant made his way over to his station at the bar.

He took out a rag and began to wiped down the bar, as was part of his routine when he first got there. All cleaning and what not was now done before the club opened, since the new manager took over. Once the bar was cleaned, Grant set about making sure that the various types of alcohol were sorted to make it easier for him to find and that none of them were running low, if they were he found another bottle and put it beside the one that was running low. There still was a lot to do, but he had time to get it all finished before the club opened, as usual.
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
@GiftlfArtemis @AbyssRanger

"It goes well." She said jokingly, not taking her eyes off her work. "Wow, this stuff got all out of tune last night. I was either really drunk or someone touched it…" That last part was to herself, but it was still audible. She ran her fingers through her short red hair and adjusted her peachy scarf. After a couple of seconds she looked back at him. "How goes it with you?" She said with a wide smile.
@GiftlfArtemis @AbyssRanger

"It goes well." She said jokingly, not taking her eyes off her work. "Wow, this stuff got all out of tune last night. I was either really drunk or someone touched it…" That last part was to herself, but it was still audible. She ran her fingers through her short red hair and adjusted her peachy scarf. After a couple of seconds she looked back at him. "How goes it with you?" She said with a wide smile.
Orin yawned and stretched, his rounded ears flattening against his head. "I'm a bit worn. Maybe when Zante said retirement, he really meant vacation?" The luxray chuckled and his tail flicked behind him, long and black with a four pointed star on the end. He lounged back, watching her continue to set up her equipment.

"You know, we've done pretty good the last couple weeks. If there is any equipment you need, or needs to be replaced, I've got some room in the budget to upgrade a few things. And-" he pulled a check out of his pocket and extended it to her. "A small bonus from our extra profits."

He stood up and offered her a grin, but it faded when the bartender arrived and started to organize the liquor. He turned to look and gestured to Grant with his shoulder. "Looks like our bartender got into a little scuffle again. I gotta go give him his check. Don't spend that all in one place, okay Sunny?" he winked.

Orin wandered over to the bar. "Hey handsome." he causally held out the small slip of paper. "You know, besides the cover charge, your drinks bring in most of our revenue. We've exceded our normal profits this month and I wanna thank you, you really handle the rush well. I'm sure the extra customers can be pretty exhausting. I'm splitting up all our extra profits amoung the employees. Here's your bonus check."

Orin yawned and stretched, his rounded ears flattening against his head. "I'm a bit worn. Maybe when Zante said retirement, he really meant vacation?" The luxray chuckled and his tail flicked behind him, long and black with a four pointed star on the end. He lounged back, watching her continue to set up her equipment.

"You know, we've done pretty good the last couple weeks. If there is any equipment you need, or needs to be replaced, I've got some room in the budget to upgrade a few things. And-" he pulled a check out of his pocket and extended it to her. "A small bonus from our extra profits."

He stood up and offered her a grin, but it faded when the bartender arrived and started to organize the liquor. He turned to look and gestured to Grant with his shoulder. "Looks like our bartender got into a little scuffle again. I gotta go give him his check. Don't spend that all in one place, okay Sunny?" he winked.

Orin wandered over to the bar. "Hey handsome." he causally held out the small slip of paper. "You know, besides the cover charge, your drinks bring in most of our revenue. We've exceded our normal profits this month and I wanna thank you, you really handle the rush well. I'm sure the extra customers can be pretty exhausting. I'm splitting up all our extra profits amoung the employees. Here's your bonus check."

@GiftOfArtemis @Snickeroodle

Grant looked over his shoulder when Orin spoke to him, his hands busy cleaning some of the glasses. "Oh, hey Boss." The man replied, drying his hands before turning around. His red gaze found the slip of paper that was explained to be a bonus check because the club was doing so well. He nodded a thanks and took the check, pushing it into his pants' pocket. "No problem, Boss. Kinda my job to be able to handle serving large crowds so, I don't mind doing it. Plus, between you and me, I kinda like showing off with some tricks while I make their drinks. Makes the job far more entertaining." The man chuckled, returning to his task of washing glasses. But he continued to talk to the manager. "But I wouldn't put too much stock in me bringing in the profits. I'm just the bartender after all. That one over there is the one that brings in all the people." He gestured with his head in the direction of the stage where Sunny was. "It just happens that those people she brings in have a taste for alcohol." He chuckled.
@GiftOfArtemis @Snickeroodle

Grant looked over his shoulder when Orin spoke to him, his hands busy cleaning some of the glasses. "Oh, hey Boss." The man replied, drying his hands before turning around. His red gaze found the slip of paper that was explained to be a bonus check because the club was doing so well. He nodded a thanks and took the check, pushing it into his pants' pocket. "No problem, Boss. Kinda my job to be able to handle serving large crowds so, I don't mind doing it. Plus, between you and me, I kinda like showing off with some tricks while I make their drinks. Makes the job far more entertaining." The man chuckled, returning to his task of washing glasses. But he continued to talk to the manager. "But I wouldn't put too much stock in me bringing in the profits. I'm just the bartender after all. That one over there is the one that brings in all the people." He gestured with his head in the direction of the stage where Sunny was. "It just happens that those people she brings in have a taste for alcohol." He chuckled.

Sunny smiled as she took her check, and thanked her boss then turned back to her work. She finished her adjustments quickly, and hoped off the stage to join her coworkers. "What's up Grant?" She said greeting him for the night. It was this time before the night started that she always enjoyed, when it wasn't too busy and they could just talk for a bit.

Even while she talked to them, she was think of where to spend her bonus. Probably makeup, maybe a new DJ program. Thinking of this made her very excited, it had been a little while since she had money to blow.

Sunny smiled as she took her check, and thanked her boss then turned back to her work. She finished her adjustments quickly, and hoped off the stage to join her coworkers. "What's up Grant?" She said greeting him for the night. It was this time before the night started that she always enjoyed, when it wasn't too busy and they could just talk for a bit.

Even while she talked to them, she was think of where to spend her bonus. Probably makeup, maybe a new DJ program. Thinking of this made her very excited, it had been a little while since she had money to blow.
@GiftofArtemis
((Hey, just checking in, are you still posting on this roleplay?))
@GiftofArtemis
((Hey, just checking in, are you still posting on this roleplay?))
@abyssranger @snickeroodle sorry! I missed the ping!

Orin grinned as Grant passed off the sucess to Sunny. "Who, her?" he gestured to her playfully with his thumb. "Yeah I guess Sunny's okay." he anmounced loudly, as she approached where he was sitting. He gave her a lighthearted wink.

Some more employees swung by to collect their checks, clapping him on the shoulder and uttering things like "Hey, thanks Deezy." Orin always cringed at that nickname. It was his dancer alter ego, Deezy Lux, and attached to it was some unpleasant memories. Zante always pressed him to be proud of it, accept it, and even bought him a leather jacket with the name embroidered on it.

But those days were gone. He was Orin Knightly, club manager. And while a few close friends still called him that, the luxray wanted to reonvent himself.

"Ready for the rush?" he asked his two employees. "Opening time soon."
@abyssranger @snickeroodle sorry! I missed the ping!

Orin grinned as Grant passed off the sucess to Sunny. "Who, her?" he gestured to her playfully with his thumb. "Yeah I guess Sunny's okay." he anmounced loudly, as she approached where he was sitting. He gave her a lighthearted wink.

Some more employees swung by to collect their checks, clapping him on the shoulder and uttering things like "Hey, thanks Deezy." Orin always cringed at that nickname. It was his dancer alter ego, Deezy Lux, and attached to it was some unpleasant memories. Zante always pressed him to be proud of it, accept it, and even bought him a leather jacket with the name embroidered on it.

But those days were gone. He was Orin Knightly, club manager. And while a few close friends still called him that, the luxray wanted to reonvent himself.

"Ready for the rush?" he asked his two employees. "Opening time soon."
@Snickeroodle @GiftOfArtemis

Grant chuckled a bit as the manager lightly teased Sunny as she walked over to the bar. His gaze shifted to look at the DJ as she greeted him. "Oh, nothing much. Just the usual. Got into a bit of a fight earlier, one I didn't start." He chuckled again. "Oh, but I did get to see a pretty cute doctor earlier." His day had been pretty full before coming to work. Getting jumped by three punks and then heading over to the clinic before having to rush over here. "So, what's up with you, Sunny?"

The man looked over at the manager as he asked if the two of them were ready for the rush because it would be opening time soon. "I'm ready as I'll ever be. Rushes are just a part of the job."
@Snickeroodle @GiftOfArtemis

Grant chuckled a bit as the manager lightly teased Sunny as she walked over to the bar. His gaze shifted to look at the DJ as she greeted him. "Oh, nothing much. Just the usual. Got into a bit of a fight earlier, one I didn't start." He chuckled again. "Oh, but I did get to see a pretty cute doctor earlier." His day had been pretty full before coming to work. Getting jumped by three punks and then heading over to the clinic before having to rush over here. "So, what's up with you, Sunny?"

The man looked over at the manager as he asked if the two of them were ready for the rush because it would be opening time soon. "I'm ready as I'll ever be. Rushes are just a part of the job."
1 2