Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Ashes [OPEN]
1 2 3
Laiken the Fae shook out his tiny wings and looked into the bright clear night sky, his blue eyes scanning the horizon. "Hey." Dawn gave him a friendly bump. "Heya," he replied. He and Dawn were exalted, but they simply were not fit for fighting. Alas, the Icewarden had appointed Dawn and Laiken as messengers. This was a relief, as Laiken shuddered at the thought of killing. Now they stood together, looking over at the faint outline of dragons flying over the ice. Sometimes he wished that he could join them, but the thought of death drove him back. "Did you hear that?" "What?" Dawn had exceptional hearing and often heard things he couldn't. "No, seriously." Then he heard it too. A rumbling noise. It was faint, but was definitely getting louder by the second. "Huh. Icewarden must be yelling again." "I don't think so..." The noise continued, seeming to stretch out for miles. Laiken saw ordinary dragons look up in puzzled confusion. One group panicked and took to the sky, leaving their territory behind. The roaring reached a crescendo. "Wait, that sounds like -" There was a bang, and he heard Dawn scream. The sky was streaked with red. Red the colour of blood as he saw lava, molten lava erupt out of the ground from places he didn't even think were possible. "RETREAT!" One dragon yelled from somewhere above. Laiken didn't need reminding. He dragged the terrified Dawn behind as he flew upwards and away from the scene of destruction. He saw the flying dragons scatter. One was struck by a sudden fierce blast that killed him instantly. The river that had remained frozen for centuries cracked and melted, the water spilling over the banks, bringing with it charred, dead bodies. "SORNIETH HELP US!!!" He screeched into the blood splattered night. ------ Just hop in and join! ^^ This is the first rp I'm running here so please don't kill me for mistakes ._. [quote]Name: Melanthe Gender: Female Flight: Plague Clan Region: Ice Personality: Calm and quiet, hoards things excessively, isn't a good fighter, cares about others, loves writing Looks: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22660053] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/226601/22660053_350.png[/img] [/url] Other: None [/quote] [quote]Name: Laiken Gender: Male Flight: Water Clan Region: None, Exalted Personality: Awfully shy and timid, he can't fight at all but he's always there to help in whatever way he can. Looks: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=145&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=4&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=11&winggene=12&wings=4&auth=3d240086c6be89ed0ebf3faf03c8aa1ce4ec30e5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Other: He is a made up dragon I scryed in the Scrying Workshop[/quote] Fill in the above form to join! This rp is centred around a world wide disaster where each region is destroyed by lava, storms and earthquakes. The deities vanish, and the survivors come together and are forced to find a way to survive.
Laiken the Fae shook out his tiny wings and looked into the bright clear night sky, his blue eyes scanning the horizon.

"Hey." Dawn gave him a friendly bump.

"Heya," he replied. He and Dawn were exalted, but they simply were not fit for fighting. Alas, the Icewarden had appointed Dawn and Laiken as messengers. This was a relief, as Laiken shuddered at the thought of killing.

Now they stood together, looking over at the faint outline of dragons flying over the ice. Sometimes he wished that he could join them, but the thought of death drove him back.

"Did you hear that?"

"What?" Dawn had exceptional hearing and often heard things he couldn't.

"No, seriously."

Then he heard it too.

A rumbling noise.

It was faint, but was definitely getting louder by the second.

"Huh. Icewarden must be yelling again."

"I don't think so..."

The noise continued, seeming to stretch out for miles. Laiken saw ordinary dragons look up in puzzled confusion. One group panicked and took to the sky, leaving their territory behind.

The roaring reached a crescendo.

"Wait, that sounds like -"

There was a bang, and he heard Dawn scream. The sky was streaked with red. Red the colour of blood as he saw lava, molten lava erupt out of the ground from places he didn't even think were possible.

"RETREAT!" One dragon yelled from somewhere above. Laiken didn't need reminding. He dragged the terrified Dawn behind as he flew upwards and away from the scene of destruction.

He saw the flying dragons scatter. One was struck by a sudden fierce blast that killed him instantly. The river that had remained frozen for centuries cracked and melted, the water spilling over the banks, bringing with it charred, dead bodies.

"SORNIETH HELP US!!!" He screeched into the blood splattered night.

Just hop in and join! ^^

This is the first rp I'm running here so please don't kill me for mistakes ._.
Quote:
Name: Melanthe
Flight: Plague
Clan Region: Ice
Personality: Calm and quiet, hoards things excessively, isn't a good fighter, cares about others, loves writing
Looks:

22660053_350.png

Other: None
Quote:
Name: Laiken
Flight: Water
Clan Region: None, Exalted
Personality: Awfully shy and timid, he can't fight at all but he's always there to help in whatever way he can.
Looks:
dragon?age=1&body=145&bodygene=6&breed=1&element=4&gender=0&tert=150&tertgene=11&winggene=12&wings=4&auth=3d240086c6be89ed0ebf3faf03c8aa1ce4ec30e5&dummyext=prev.png
Other: He is a made up dragon I scryed in the Scrying Workshop

Fill in the above form to join!

This rp is centred around a world wide disaster where each region is destroyed by lava, storms and earthquakes. The deities vanish, and the survivors come together and are forced to find a way to survive.
XgFzLz3.gif
@wymetz This seems fun ^^ Can I join? Name: Kai Gender: Female Flight: Light Clan Region: Sunbeam Ruins Personality: ((It's a tad lengthy, click on her bio to read it)) Looks: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6279521] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/62796/6279521_350.png[/img] [/url] Other: ((Click her bio for more info)) I've also been wanting to flesh this dragon out and this seems like a good a time as any :3 Name: Snowfall Gender: Female Flight: Light Clan Region: Sunbeam Ruins Personality: Snowfall is a shy dragon, however she can easily open up to others when she gets to know them better. When she's in a more comfortable situation, she can become more stubborn and loud, but only does this when she isn't too afraid of the consequences of doing so. When the odds are against her, she can become discouraged and may lose faith in herself and in her own ability. On the other hand, she'll do her best to encourage others when they're down, fully believing in the skills of others and their abilities to do things correctly. She can be a rather cowardly dragon. Even though she is moral, she may be threatened into doing things that she is against doing, and can easily cave into fear, especially when by herself. Looks: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3135327] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/31354/3135327_350.png[/img] [/url] Other: I will be playing her as a hatchling.
@wymetz
This seems fun ^^ Can I join?

Name: Kai
Flight: Light
Clan Region: Sunbeam Ruins
Personality: ((It's a tad lengthy, click on her bio to read it))
Looks:
6279521_350.png

Other: ((Click her bio for more info))

I've also been wanting to flesh this dragon out and this seems like a good a time as any :3

Name: Snowfall
Flight: Light
Clan Region: Sunbeam Ruins
Personality: Snowfall is a shy dragon, however she can easily open up to others when she gets to know them better. When she's in a more comfortable situation, she can become more stubborn and loud, but only does this when she isn't too afraid of the consequences of doing so.
When the odds are against her, she can become discouraged and may lose faith in herself and in her own ability. On the other hand, she'll do her best to encourage others when they're down, fully believing in the skills of others and their abilities to do things correctly.
She can be a rather cowardly dragon. Even though she is moral, she may be threatened into doing things that she is against doing, and can easily cave into fear, especially when by herself.
Looks:
3135327_350.png

Other: I will be playing her as a hatchling.
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
@ChibiKittens

Yep! Go wild :3
@ChibiKittens

Yep! Go wild :3
XgFzLz3.gif
@Wymetz I would love to join! This sounds exciting. =D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20040253] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/200403/20040253_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Admiral [b]Gender:[/b] Male [b]Flight:[/b] Lightning [b]Clan Region:[/b] Ice [b]Personality:[/b] Admiral is a fierce dragon made for leading. Still young and learning, though, he satisfies his need for control by helping the new initiates to the clan with their duties and adapting to clan life. Admiral's talents include a strange combination of lightning and water and he became quick friends of Kyanite, working with her to strengthen both their abilities. Always wanting to improve, Admiral is the sort to do what it takes to better himself. He takes advice well, but doesn't like to be coddled or spoken in a condescending way. Teamwork is important to him and he can't stand dragons that act selflessly. ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18788935] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/187890/18788935_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Name:[/b] Kyanite [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Flight:[/b] Water [b]Clan Region:[/b] Ice [b]Personality:[/b] In her [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=118152&tab=dragon&did=18788935]bio[/url].
@Wymetz

I would love to join! This sounds exciting. =D

20040253_350.png

Name: Admiral
Flight: Lightning
Personality: Admiral is a fierce dragon made for leading. Still young and learning, though, he satisfies his need for control by helping the new initiates to the clan with their duties and adapting to clan life. Admiral's talents include a strange combination of lightning and water and he became quick friends of Kyanite, working with her to strengthen both their abilities.

Always wanting to improve, Admiral is the sort to do what it takes to better himself. He takes advice well, but doesn't like to be coddled or spoken in a condescending way. Teamwork is important to him and he can't stand dragons that act selflessly.

18788935_350.png

Name: Kyanite
Flight: Water
Personality: In her bio.
VvxoVdD.png iceshieldr.png
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@Mypilot

Go wild! Also, I should make an OOC thread for this...
@Mypilot

Go wild! Also, I should make an OOC thread for this...
XgFzLz3.gif
@wymetz (( I hope this is okay, it was a bit hard to tell where you're characters are right now so I left mine open for interaction. Just ping me if it needs to be changed ^^ )) @mypilot

She had seen it.
Seen it as billows of smoke bloated out the brilliant rays that the Lightweaver blessed them with each and every day. Seen it as smoldering rocks blew out and hit her home with the force of a savage meteor. Seen it as boiling red sludge drowned the once vibrant and lively land with roaring flames, melting flesh, and ear-splitting screeches that pounded down on her eardrums; filling her head with a high ringing that left her deaf to her own panicked thoughts.
She hardly noticed it as a small hatchling darted in front of her path. Without even thinking she had swooped down and scooped the defenseless child up in the cold, tense grip of her talons and continued to beat her wings 'til there was nothing left to fly with.
The Wildclaw didn't know what was happening. She certainly didn't know what to do, or how to think, or feel. She felt...disconnected. Like the fire blazing below her, licking at her feet were but a fading nightmare. From somewhere far off she could sense the feathery touch of another. Something squirming in her grip, yelling and shrieking and sobbing, but she didn't truly see.
She wouldn't stop flying. Underneath her a wildfire blazed; a fierce red beast rampaging through a dying jungle and leaving black devastation in it's wake. Her lungs shriveled up in her ribs with each sputtering intake of putrid air. Little red bullets shot out and tore holes through her fragile wings whenever she faltered in her flight.
The cold. Icy water, someplace safe. This was the only thing her fevered mind could focus on. Maybe this was the thing that kept her alive. All around her, dragons panicked and dashed around wildly, often running head-first into their own demise. They were being eaten alive by their fear as much as they were being eaten by the ever-growing lake of lava. While they ran around like decapitated chickens, she focused on one thing. Safety within the land of ice.
It was her instinct that this disaster could not follow her into the frigid and harsh wilderness that was the Southern Icefield. So as she flew and flew, eyes fixated on that little sliver of white of the horizon, she couldn't possibly know that it, too, was a mine field of lava.
As soon as the first snowflake touched her scales, chaos erupted all around her. Dragons darted left and right. A large yell from just below her. The hatchling was screaming for dear life as the Wildclaw's wings finally gave out, and the two plummeted through the air. Frozen wind raced by them. Ice and snow gathered on scales and feathers. Tears were snatched up as they free fell through a mixture of ice and fire. In a last minute alteration of her tail, the two were sent spiraling out of control and crashed in a large pile of snow. A cloud of white exploded up from where the two had vanished.
The snow floated down, settling back on the ground.
From within the icy mount, a soft whimper, muffled greatly by the snow. A soft scuffling, a slight distubance, and a feathery white head popped out from under. With two paws the little white Coatl reached out and grapped hold, struggling as she hoisted herself up and out from her icy tomb. She panted heavily as she stumbled out, her breath crystallizing instantly and billowing out like a smoke-stack.
"h...HELP!" She cried out. She stepped out, yelping and falling down as a leg gave out from underneath her. Her jaw slacked open as she heaved heavy, panicked breaths.
Was she going to die out here?
The thought shot through her mind mercilessly.
Dying...in the cold snow...all alone...
"SOMEONE P-PLEASE HELP!" She screeched out desperately in between her sobbing. She cast a worried glance behind her at the snow mound. Nothing seemed to be moving from inside it.
"P-please..." She whimpered, her head flopping down on the frozen ground as her small body gave in to exhaustion.
@wymetz (( I hope this is okay, it was a bit hard to tell where you're characters are right now so I left mine open for interaction. Just ping me if it needs to be changed ^^ )) @mypilot

She had seen it.
Seen it as billows of smoke bloated out the brilliant rays that the Lightweaver blessed them with each and every day. Seen it as smoldering rocks blew out and hit her home with the force of a savage meteor. Seen it as boiling red sludge drowned the once vibrant and lively land with roaring flames, melting flesh, and ear-splitting screeches that pounded down on her eardrums; filling her head with a high ringing that left her deaf to her own panicked thoughts.
She hardly noticed it as a small hatchling darted in front of her path. Without even thinking she had swooped down and scooped the defenseless child up in the cold, tense grip of her talons and continued to beat her wings 'til there was nothing left to fly with.
The Wildclaw didn't know what was happening. She certainly didn't know what to do, or how to think, or feel. She felt...disconnected. Like the fire blazing below her, licking at her feet were but a fading nightmare. From somewhere far off she could sense the feathery touch of another. Something squirming in her grip, yelling and shrieking and sobbing, but she didn't truly see.
She wouldn't stop flying. Underneath her a wildfire blazed; a fierce red beast rampaging through a dying jungle and leaving black devastation in it's wake. Her lungs shriveled up in her ribs with each sputtering intake of putrid air. Little red bullets shot out and tore holes through her fragile wings whenever she faltered in her flight.
The cold. Icy water, someplace safe. This was the only thing her fevered mind could focus on. Maybe this was the thing that kept her alive. All around her, dragons panicked and dashed around wildly, often running head-first into their own demise. They were being eaten alive by their fear as much as they were being eaten by the ever-growing lake of lava. While they ran around like decapitated chickens, she focused on one thing. Safety within the land of ice.
It was her instinct that this disaster could not follow her into the frigid and harsh wilderness that was the Southern Icefield. So as she flew and flew, eyes fixated on that little sliver of white of the horizon, she couldn't possibly know that it, too, was a mine field of lava.
As soon as the first snowflake touched her scales, chaos erupted all around her. Dragons darted left and right. A large yell from just below her. The hatchling was screaming for dear life as the Wildclaw's wings finally gave out, and the two plummeted through the air. Frozen wind raced by them. Ice and snow gathered on scales and feathers. Tears were snatched up as they free fell through a mixture of ice and fire. In a last minute alteration of her tail, the two were sent spiraling out of control and crashed in a large pile of snow. A cloud of white exploded up from where the two had vanished.
The snow floated down, settling back on the ground.
From within the icy mount, a soft whimper, muffled greatly by the snow. A soft scuffling, a slight distubance, and a feathery white head popped out from under. With two paws the little white Coatl reached out and grapped hold, struggling as she hoisted herself up and out from her icy tomb. She panted heavily as she stumbled out, her breath crystallizing instantly and billowing out like a smoke-stack.
"h...HELP!" She cried out. She stepped out, yelping and falling down as a leg gave out from underneath her. Her jaw slacked open as she heaved heavy, panicked breaths.
Was she going to die out here?
The thought shot through her mind mercilessly.
Dying...in the cold snow...all alone...
"SOMEONE P-PLEASE HELP!" She screeched out desperately in between her sobbing. She cast a worried glance behind her at the snow mound. Nothing seemed to be moving from inside it.
"P-please..." She whimpered, her head flopping down on the frozen ground as her small body gave in to exhaustion.
TXKcK16.png
@Wymetz @ChibiKittens

((I went wild. Heh. Sorry it's so long. ;-; It's only cause it's an intro.))

"You're standing on my tail again."

Admiral looked down, surprised, and sheepishly removed himself from Kyanite's tail. "Sorry," he apologized with a grin, "it's not my fault you leave it lying on the ground like a dead thing." His own tail lay curled around his feet and against his side, safely out of the way.

"Maybe if you - oh, I don't know - watched where you're going." Kyanite didn't remove her eyes from the water she was focusing on, paws raised in an attempt to summon a vortex, but Admiral could see a smirk playing at the edge of her mouth.

Rolling his eyes, Admiral muttered a few choice words about the Water dragon as he sidled a few steps from her and deeper into the snow that blanketed the icy lakeside. Safely away from her tail, he pointedly glared at her and said, "Better?"

"Much."

"You're taking a very long time," he reminded her. "In battle this would be sort of moot."

This time Kyanite shot him an annoyed look. "Well I hope in battle I would be a little more experienced. Two days of practice isn't experienced."

Admiral shrugged and said nothing, but a ways away a thundercrack sounded as the sky flashed with lightning. He watched Kyanite's reaction out of the corner of his eye, but was disappointed to see her looking back at the water. That was until a ball of water hit him right in the face.

Reeling backwards, Admiral coughed up a lungful of ice water and, as soon as he could breath again, lunged at Kyanite. He knocked her off her paws into the knee-deep water and they both writhed around in battle.

"You deserved it!" Kyanite reminded him as she moved to splash him in the face with more water.

"Yeah, well, you're a pain in the tail feathers," Admiral snapped back, trying to shove her further into the cold lake water.

Kyanite looked like she was about to say something back, but paused in her battling and grew stock still. Her head was tilted as if she was listening to something and, wary of being caught off guard, Admiral followed suite. They both froze, listening, and finally Admiral heard what it was that had caught the Skydancers attention.

A deep rumbling seemed to come from the lake, low and loud. When the water started to tremble and the ice of the frozen half began to crack, Admiral scrambled to his feet and helped Kyanite out. The two watched the water with uncertainty, until something red started rising from deep within.

Squinting at the water, Admiral said, "Is that-"

Kyanite had already flown into the sky and hauled Admiral with her by her hind claws. Immediately, Admiral righted himself in the air and kept pace with her as he flew into the sky. "What?" he barked into the wind so that she would hear him.

She said nothing, just flew high into the sky. When the clouds seemed only a claw's length away, she stopped and turned back to face the ground. Following her gaze, Admiral sucked in a breath. The lake was gone, smoke rising up around it. Through the grey haze, he could see red hot fire shooting out of the earth like a spout.

A quick look around showed that the lake wasn't the only victim. The earth was fissuring. Where snowy forests and icy boulders had lain, red hot fire poured from the earth. White snow was steadily being replaced with red and all around them dragons took to the sky. But not all of them.

"By the Shade," Kyanite whispered as they caught sight off trapped dragons being swallowed by the new chasms. A Wildclaw with their wing caught in a tree fell into a river of lava, disappearing with a silent scream.

Admiral moved to fly down, brows knit in distress, but Kyanite pulled him back. "Admiral," she said as he tried to pull free. "Admiral. Our clan." Admiral froze. Then he started flying, and this time Kyanite moved with him.
@Wymetz @ChibiKittens

((I went wild. Heh. Sorry it's so long. ;-; It's only cause it's an intro.))

"You're standing on my tail again."

Admiral looked down, surprised, and sheepishly removed himself from Kyanite's tail. "Sorry," he apologized with a grin, "it's not my fault you leave it lying on the ground like a dead thing." His own tail lay curled around his feet and against his side, safely out of the way.

"Maybe if you - oh, I don't know - watched where you're going." Kyanite didn't remove her eyes from the water she was focusing on, paws raised in an attempt to summon a vortex, but Admiral could see a smirk playing at the edge of her mouth.

Rolling his eyes, Admiral muttered a few choice words about the Water dragon as he sidled a few steps from her and deeper into the snow that blanketed the icy lakeside. Safely away from her tail, he pointedly glared at her and said, "Better?"

"Much."

"You're taking a very long time," he reminded her. "In battle this would be sort of moot."

This time Kyanite shot him an annoyed look. "Well I hope in battle I would be a little more experienced. Two days of practice isn't experienced."

Admiral shrugged and said nothing, but a ways away a thundercrack sounded as the sky flashed with lightning. He watched Kyanite's reaction out of the corner of his eye, but was disappointed to see her looking back at the water. That was until a ball of water hit him right in the face.

Reeling backwards, Admiral coughed up a lungful of ice water and, as soon as he could breath again, lunged at Kyanite. He knocked her off her paws into the knee-deep water and they both writhed around in battle.

"You deserved it!" Kyanite reminded him as she moved to splash him in the face with more water.

"Yeah, well, you're a pain in the tail feathers," Admiral snapped back, trying to shove her further into the cold lake water.

Kyanite looked like she was about to say something back, but paused in her battling and grew stock still. Her head was tilted as if she was listening to something and, wary of being caught off guard, Admiral followed suite. They both froze, listening, and finally Admiral heard what it was that had caught the Skydancers attention.

A deep rumbling seemed to come from the lake, low and loud. When the water started to tremble and the ice of the frozen half began to crack, Admiral scrambled to his feet and helped Kyanite out. The two watched the water with uncertainty, until something red started rising from deep within.

Squinting at the water, Admiral said, "Is that-"

Kyanite had already flown into the sky and hauled Admiral with her by her hind claws. Immediately, Admiral righted himself in the air and kept pace with her as he flew into the sky. "What?" he barked into the wind so that she would hear him.

She said nothing, just flew high into the sky. When the clouds seemed only a claw's length away, she stopped and turned back to face the ground. Following her gaze, Admiral sucked in a breath. The lake was gone, smoke rising up around it. Through the grey haze, he could see red hot fire shooting out of the earth like a spout.

A quick look around showed that the lake wasn't the only victim. The earth was fissuring. Where snowy forests and icy boulders had lain, red hot fire poured from the earth. White snow was steadily being replaced with red and all around them dragons took to the sky. But not all of them.

"By the Shade," Kyanite whispered as they caught sight off trapped dragons being swallowed by the new chasms. A Wildclaw with their wing caught in a tree fell into a river of lava, disappearing with a silent scream.

Admiral moved to fly down, brows knit in distress, but Kyanite pulled him back. "Admiral," she said as he tried to pull free. "Admiral. Our clan." Admiral froze. Then he started flying, and this time Kyanite moved with him.
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
@ChibiKittens @Mypilot ((it's fine! Melanthe is in her clan lair at Frigid Floes and Laiken is, well, just into the Cloudscrape Crags))

Out far in the distance, Laiken and the pink Fae were flying side by side just below the cloud cover.

"Up, down, up down."

He was exhausted. Dawn wasn't helping, she has injured herself when the earth exploded and was barely keeping herself upright. The screams of dying dragons were faint now.

Laiken coughed in the blinding, choking smoke.

The Wildclaw watched as what was left of her beloved home drifted further and further away from her.

That morning, she had been helping the leader with her den.

"Put the pots over there... oh, and the statues and anything else that stands up here."

Melathe hurried to place everything right. Mina collected artefacts as a hobby and her den was a mess. Honestly, it looked like a hurricane had hit and vomited everything over the floor.

"Aaand we're done."

"Phew."

The two of them walked out into a peaceful clearing. There was a quiet rumbling noise which she ignored. Why does a sound matter anyways?

She was about to find out.

First the ice cracked. Both Flare and Emerald glanced down fearfully.

"Again?" Mina sighed. "Twilight, can you lead them to space we made at the shore?"

The apprentice nodded and turned to leave.

Then the lava erupted.

Mina was thrown off her feet and landed in the ocean, which blasted into flames a second later. Melathe didn't even have time to react when the ice flow she was standing on cracked and broke off from the rest as her home crumbled into itself.

No one survived.

Except for her.

Now she heard more rumbling, right beside her. She powered upwards and avoided the explosion by a tailwidth, the heat burning into her wings as she fought her way to the shore.

Yet, despite the chaos around her, she heard a whimper.

A hatchling?!?!?

She dove down, the wind whistling past her ears. Melanthe stopped dead next to the Coatl.

"Oh nonono... wake up! Please!" She cast a terrified glace over at the horizon where lava was spewing out in torrents.
@ChibiKittens @Mypilot ((it's fine! Melanthe is in her clan lair at Frigid Floes and Laiken is, well, just into the Cloudscrape Crags))

Out far in the distance, Laiken and the pink Fae were flying side by side just below the cloud cover.

"Up, down, up down."

He was exhausted. Dawn wasn't helping, she has injured herself when the earth exploded and was barely keeping herself upright. The screams of dying dragons were faint now.

Laiken coughed in the blinding, choking smoke.

The Wildclaw watched as what was left of her beloved home drifted further and further away from her.

That morning, she had been helping the leader with her den.

"Put the pots over there... oh, and the statues and anything else that stands up here."

Melathe hurried to place everything right. Mina collected artefacts as a hobby and her den was a mess. Honestly, it looked like a hurricane had hit and vomited everything over the floor.

"Aaand we're done."

"Phew."

The two of them walked out into a peaceful clearing. There was a quiet rumbling noise which she ignored. Why does a sound matter anyways?

She was about to find out.

First the ice cracked. Both Flare and Emerald glanced down fearfully.

"Again?" Mina sighed. "Twilight, can you lead them to space we made at the shore?"

The apprentice nodded and turned to leave.

Then the lava erupted.

Mina was thrown off her feet and landed in the ocean, which blasted into flames a second later. Melathe didn't even have time to react when the ice flow she was standing on cracked and broke off from the rest as her home crumbled into itself.

No one survived.

Except for her.

Now she heard more rumbling, right beside her. She powered upwards and avoided the explosion by a tailwidth, the heat burning into her wings as she fought her way to the shore.

Yet, despite the chaos around her, she heard a whimper.

A hatchling?!?!?

She dove down, the wind whistling past her ears. Melanthe stopped dead next to the Coatl.

"Oh nonono... wake up! Please!" She cast a terrified glace over at the horizon where lava was spewing out in torrents.
XgFzLz3.gif
@wymetz @mypilot
(( Okay ^^ and sorry that it's a short post ;^; ))

From far away, a dragon steadily approached her. Snowfall didn't hear it, couldn't hear it above the roar of the lava and the shrieks of both wind and dragon alike. The air howled past her, murmuring sadly and stirring up the snow around her.
Something...talking? The cold wind brushed past, freezing little bits of ice to her feathery pelt.
"Hnnngg..." She groaned. The hatchling cracked open an eye. Everything seemed blurry, and a nondescript creature stood not too far away.
Fearing for the worst, the little dragon shied away, twisting her head and body as far back as she could manage.
"D-Don't h-h-hurt me...!" She whimpered, her voice laden with trembles. She glanced back towards the pile of snow, hoping that her friend would wake up and come save her again, tenderly tucking her pained leg in as she tried to catch any sign of movement.
@wymetz @mypilot
(( Okay ^^ and sorry that it's a short post ;^; ))

From far away, a dragon steadily approached her. Snowfall didn't hear it, couldn't hear it above the roar of the lava and the shrieks of both wind and dragon alike. The air howled past her, murmuring sadly and stirring up the snow around her.
Something...talking? The cold wind brushed past, freezing little bits of ice to her feathery pelt.
"Hnnngg..." She groaned. The hatchling cracked open an eye. Everything seemed blurry, and a nondescript creature stood not too far away.
Fearing for the worst, the little dragon shied away, twisting her head and body as far back as she could manage.
"D-Don't h-h-hurt me...!" She whimpered, her voice laden with trembles. She glanced back towards the pile of snow, hoping that her friend would wake up and come save her again, tenderly tucking her pained leg in as she tried to catch any sign of movement.
TXKcK16.png
@Wymetz @ChibiKittens

The flight home was a quiet one. Neither Admiral or Kyanite spoke, both deep in their worried thoughts. Below them the earth turned, a chaotic mix of water and lava hissing as they collided. With every destroyed lair they saw, Admiral's heart sank even lower.

When they came to a stop in the space before their lair had stood. A shelf of ice had erupted from the ground, toppling the tundra and sending towers of ice scattered across the snow. It was all gone, deep into the earth.

"Kya," Admiral choked out. She said nothing though, and they both hovered in the air silently.

Admiral scanned the ground for any signs of life, but nothing stirred in the smothering stillness. At last they flew down, their tired wings needing a break.

"What do we do?" Kyanite asked, turning to Admiral. For once she looked uncertain and it occurred to Admiral that - between them - he was in charge. He didn't feel it.

Answering honestly, Admiral replied, "I don't know. Should we... Let's check the ruins, just to be sure." He started walking, but when Kyanite didn't follow he turned to look at it.

The Skydancer looked stricken. "Admiral, I- I can't." At the quaver in her voice, Admiral only nodded. He could understand that.

"Then wait here. If you hear something, call for me." With that, he took into the air. He flew a few feet over the ground, eyes watching the ground for anything that stuck out among the white of the snow and the black of the crag now in the earth. Nothing.

Setting out to check again, Admiral started when he heard Kyanite calling out his name. Her voice carried in the hush of the tundra. Picking up speed, he hurried back to her. She was hovering in the air, facing off into the distance. When Admiral approached, she spoke quickly, "I heard voices. They sound far off."

Following her gaze, both dragons stared into the empty snow. Although he heard no voices, Admiral decided to trust that Kyanite wasn't going crazy and said, "Let's go." She nodded in agreement and they took off, Kyanite in the lead as she led them Icewarden knows where.

"There!" she said, after a few minutes of flying. A ways away, in the snow, were a some dragons. They looked like they'd crash landed, but none were from their clan. Admiral was disheartened, but took the lead to help them out regardless.

"Are you alright?" he called out as they drew near. "Are you injured?" He landed with practiced grace on the snow, trotting closer to the others. One was only a hatchling, a thought that was too sad to linger on. Likely orphaned now.
@Wymetz @ChibiKittens

The flight home was a quiet one. Neither Admiral or Kyanite spoke, both deep in their worried thoughts. Below them the earth turned, a chaotic mix of water and lava hissing as they collided. With every destroyed lair they saw, Admiral's heart sank even lower.

When they came to a stop in the space before their lair had stood. A shelf of ice had erupted from the ground, toppling the tundra and sending towers of ice scattered across the snow. It was all gone, deep into the earth.

"Kya," Admiral choked out. She said nothing though, and they both hovered in the air silently.

Admiral scanned the ground for any signs of life, but nothing stirred in the smothering stillness. At last they flew down, their tired wings needing a break.

"What do we do?" Kyanite asked, turning to Admiral. For once she looked uncertain and it occurred to Admiral that - between them - he was in charge. He didn't feel it.

Answering honestly, Admiral replied, "I don't know. Should we... Let's check the ruins, just to be sure." He started walking, but when Kyanite didn't follow he turned to look at it.

The Skydancer looked stricken. "Admiral, I- I can't." At the quaver in her voice, Admiral only nodded. He could understand that.

"Then wait here. If you hear something, call for me." With that, he took into the air. He flew a few feet over the ground, eyes watching the ground for anything that stuck out among the white of the snow and the black of the crag now in the earth. Nothing.

Setting out to check again, Admiral started when he heard Kyanite calling out his name. Her voice carried in the hush of the tundra. Picking up speed, he hurried back to her. She was hovering in the air, facing off into the distance. When Admiral approached, she spoke quickly, "I heard voices. They sound far off."

Following her gaze, both dragons stared into the empty snow. Although he heard no voices, Admiral decided to trust that Kyanite wasn't going crazy and said, "Let's go." She nodded in agreement and they took off, Kyanite in the lead as she led them Icewarden knows where.

"There!" she said, after a few minutes of flying. A ways away, in the snow, were a some dragons. They looked like they'd crash landed, but none were from their clan. Admiral was disheartened, but took the lead to help them out regardless.

"Are you alright?" he called out as they drew near. "Are you injured?" He landed with practiced grace on the snow, trotting closer to the others. One was only a hatchling, a thought that was too sad to linger on. Likely orphaned now.
Pilot
Tumblr
Lore
|
|
|
FR +0
Wishlist
Library
1 2 3