Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Private -Gift & Chibi-
@giftofartemis @chibikittens ((I hope this is a good starter, if anything's off then just tell me and I'll fix it ^^))

The Spiral flew through deftly around and in between tangled clumps of black trees, swirls of purple fog kicking out with each flap of her speckled wings. Slowing, she circled around a tree before grabbing at it's gnarled bark with her small claws, pulling herself up onto one of it's thicker branches and pulling out a sheet of paper. Her cherry red eyes flashed over the paper, then pierced the darkness pressing in on the land, and moved over to a tree. A large tree, one that seemed to stretch above the prowling shadows of the land's eternal night. From the shadowy depths of the tree, the faintest flash of gold revealed a silhouette, and the Spiral's eyes fixed on the shape immediately.
The paper crumpled in her grip, and she brought it up, looking back and forth between the white parchment and the well hidden shape. Even in this darkness it was hard to see, but after checking, and double-checking, triple-checking, she gave a sly smile.
Yes! Her mind burst with excitement, her hind legs bouncing her up and down on her perch.
It's him! I can tell, it must be, ooohohoo!
It was hard not to cry out with joy. She gave one last glance down at the Wanted Poster, her eyes lighting on the Skydancer's profile, and most importantly, the delicious reward listed for his capture. Kira gave out a small tremble of excitement, feeling the rise of risk and reward pressing down on her heart like a whale.
Her hind feet tore at the rough bark before she launched off. As she flew closer, she consciously became quieter, and she circled around to make sure her target couldn't see her. Light as air, she seated herself on the far side of the tree and carefully made her way over to where she had seen the Skydancer. From the Journeyman's Satchel hanging at her side, a furry head poked out with the sound of a softly spoken command. She placed a single gold coin in it's mouth, then had it scurry off to where her target would most definitely notice. As he bounded off, she rummaged through her pack, moving past a set of cuffs before taking out a net. Another toothy grin stretched her face. With the net in hand, and cuffs not too far off, she situated herself and prepared to throw the net down when the time was most right.
Gold and jewels, I can't wait!
@giftofartemis @chibikittens ((I hope this is a good starter, if anything's off then just tell me and I'll fix it ^^))

The Spiral flew through deftly around and in between tangled clumps of black trees, swirls of purple fog kicking out with each flap of her speckled wings. Slowing, she circled around a tree before grabbing at it's gnarled bark with her small claws, pulling herself up onto one of it's thicker branches and pulling out a sheet of paper. Her cherry red eyes flashed over the paper, then pierced the darkness pressing in on the land, and moved over to a tree. A large tree, one that seemed to stretch above the prowling shadows of the land's eternal night. From the shadowy depths of the tree, the faintest flash of gold revealed a silhouette, and the Spiral's eyes fixed on the shape immediately.
The paper crumpled in her grip, and she brought it up, looking back and forth between the white parchment and the well hidden shape. Even in this darkness it was hard to see, but after checking, and double-checking, triple-checking, she gave a sly smile.
Yes! Her mind burst with excitement, her hind legs bouncing her up and down on her perch.
It's him! I can tell, it must be, ooohohoo!
It was hard not to cry out with joy. She gave one last glance down at the Wanted Poster, her eyes lighting on the Skydancer's profile, and most importantly, the delicious reward listed for his capture. Kira gave out a small tremble of excitement, feeling the rise of risk and reward pressing down on her heart like a whale.
Her hind feet tore at the rough bark before she launched off. As she flew closer, she consciously became quieter, and she circled around to make sure her target couldn't see her. Light as air, she seated herself on the far side of the tree and carefully made her way over to where she had seen the Skydancer. From the Journeyman's Satchel hanging at her side, a furry head poked out with the sound of a softly spoken command. She placed a single gold coin in it's mouth, then had it scurry off to where her target would most definitely notice. As he bounded off, she rummaged through her pack, moving past a set of cuffs before taking out a net. Another toothy grin stretched her face. With the net in hand, and cuffs not too far off, she situated herself and prepared to throw the net down when the time was most right.
Gold and jewels, I can't wait!
ChibiKittens, the original chibi derp cat
TXKcK16.png
In the dead of night, the sombre shade slumbered. Most of it, at least. Alepo had the night guard that day, and while his father slept, a shadow of a spiral was afoot. Had his father been on guard, he might had noticed the way the night seemed to shift, as if alive. But Evo was resting in his own burrow like home, and Alepo was on duty.

Skiero and Skoto were also in charge of the night watch, but they were both perched higher up in the tree, and did not see the spiral as she weaves through the roots.

The leaves of the great tree stretched over the whole island. Lethalus, the clans guild of fighters, nestled in its roots and underground. Harmonus, the clans civilians, made their home in a series of hollows and rooms inside the great tree. Magus, the clans guild of magic users, adorned the very top of the tree, spread out on platforms across the branches and inside of them.

Soft light poured out of a hollow towards the bottom of the tree. Chrysaor, former privateer, current Harmonus member, was burning the midnight oil, poured over a map of the water flight territory. He hummed to himself, pondering and observing, cross referencing a chart of the currents and an almanac of the tides. All his reading materials were spread out across a desk, and he looked over it, illuminated by a dim candle.

That is, until a flash of gold caught his eye.

Chrysaor heard a scuttling sound. Rats and mice were common around here, but the small form that caught his eye was a brilliant white. In its mouth was a gold coin, glimmering in the low light as it ran towards him, then dove under his legs.

"Hey little fellow- wait- no- come back now." He wiggled his claws, coaxing the tiny beast towards him. His attention was focused fully on the white ball of fur. "Come now, handsome. Never seen a thing quite like you before. A ferret they call you? Right? Not many of you around here." His voice was thickly accented, something proper sounding, and a bit posh.

@chibikittens
In the dead of night, the sombre shade slumbered. Most of it, at least. Alepo had the night guard that day, and while his father slept, a shadow of a spiral was afoot. Had his father been on guard, he might had noticed the way the night seemed to shift, as if alive. But Evo was resting in his own burrow like home, and Alepo was on duty.

Skiero and Skoto were also in charge of the night watch, but they were both perched higher up in the tree, and did not see the spiral as she weaves through the roots.

The leaves of the great tree stretched over the whole island. Lethalus, the clans guild of fighters, nestled in its roots and underground. Harmonus, the clans civilians, made their home in a series of hollows and rooms inside the great tree. Magus, the clans guild of magic users, adorned the very top of the tree, spread out on platforms across the branches and inside of them.

Soft light poured out of a hollow towards the bottom of the tree. Chrysaor, former privateer, current Harmonus member, was burning the midnight oil, poured over a map of the water flight territory. He hummed to himself, pondering and observing, cross referencing a chart of the currents and an almanac of the tides. All his reading materials were spread out across a desk, and he looked over it, illuminated by a dim candle.

That is, until a flash of gold caught his eye.

Chrysaor heard a scuttling sound. Rats and mice were common around here, but the small form that caught his eye was a brilliant white. In its mouth was a gold coin, glimmering in the low light as it ran towards him, then dove under his legs.

"Hey little fellow- wait- no- come back now." He wiggled his claws, coaxing the tiny beast towards him. His attention was focused fully on the white ball of fur. "Come now, handsome. Never seen a thing quite like you before. A ferret they call you? Right? Not many of you around here." His voice was thickly accented, something proper sounding, and a bit posh.

@chibikittens
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@giftofartemis

The small white ferret wiggled his whiskers, his mouth shifting the cold piece around in his mouth. Metallic clacks sounded between his teeth. With his round, yellow eyes peering up at the larger creature, he almost seemed to smile as he went over. Clearly, this small ferret seemed right at home with receiving attention from the dragon he had just met.
From her perch, Kira pulled out the mess of net, grumbling and cursing softly as she tugged it free from a few nasty entanglements. When she was done, she looked down at the lit area, taking notice of her silver ferret's new position. Then the maps. Maybe...maybe if she had a few extra seconds...after all they seemed useful, and perhaps if she couldn't use them then she could sell them for a pretty piece or two and- she shook her head. No. She needed to be at her utmost. Silly distractions like that would keep her from the real treasure.
With a quick movement, she unleashed the net above her target, and without waiting to see if it would land on spot she climbed down the trunk and swiped a small dagger out of her pouch. Swerving out of the way of the net, she zoomed over, quick as a bird's passing shadow, and aligned the weapon against the Skydancer's throat.
"Make a sound and it's game over, got it?" She hissed. Her tongue flicked out like a snake's. Carefully, so as to keep her eyes on her target's every movement, she slipped the cuffs out of her pouch. The empty space it left was quickly filled up when the ferret climbed back in, chittering angrily for his own reward.
"Now, I'm gonna put these cuffs on ya, and you're gonna quietly leave with me, got it?"
Her eyes flicked around her with a hint of unease. From outside, it was hard to see just how many dragons lived there, but now that she was inside it was clear that a whole clan had taken it as their home. She would have to be quiet, use the darkness and her keen sight to her advantage if she were to succeed. She felt confident that, on her own, she could manage, but she couldn't account for the Skydancer. Hopefully, the threat would work, or she would have to act on the spot if the tables turned.
@giftofartemis

The small white ferret wiggled his whiskers, his mouth shifting the cold piece around in his mouth. Metallic clacks sounded between his teeth. With his round, yellow eyes peering up at the larger creature, he almost seemed to smile as he went over. Clearly, this small ferret seemed right at home with receiving attention from the dragon he had just met.
From her perch, Kira pulled out the mess of net, grumbling and cursing softly as she tugged it free from a few nasty entanglements. When she was done, she looked down at the lit area, taking notice of her silver ferret's new position. Then the maps. Maybe...maybe if she had a few extra seconds...after all they seemed useful, and perhaps if she couldn't use them then she could sell them for a pretty piece or two and- she shook her head. No. She needed to be at her utmost. Silly distractions like that would keep her from the real treasure.
With a quick movement, she unleashed the net above her target, and without waiting to see if it would land on spot she climbed down the trunk and swiped a small dagger out of her pouch. Swerving out of the way of the net, she zoomed over, quick as a bird's passing shadow, and aligned the weapon against the Skydancer's throat.
"Make a sound and it's game over, got it?" She hissed. Her tongue flicked out like a snake's. Carefully, so as to keep her eyes on her target's every movement, she slipped the cuffs out of her pouch. The empty space it left was quickly filled up when the ferret climbed back in, chittering angrily for his own reward.
"Now, I'm gonna put these cuffs on ya, and you're gonna quietly leave with me, got it?"
Her eyes flicked around her with a hint of unease. From outside, it was hard to see just how many dragons lived there, but now that she was inside it was clear that a whole clan had taken it as their home. She would have to be quiet, use the darkness and her keen sight to her advantage if she were to succeed. She felt confident that, on her own, she could manage, but she couldn't account for the Skydancer. Hopefully, the threat would work, or she would have to act on the spot if the tables turned.
TXKcK16.png
@chibikittens

In one swift movement, a net fell around Chrysaor, draping over him and around him and rendering his momentarily motionless. "What in the-" but before he could finish the words, something cold was at his throat.

"Oh my." he said, swallowing slowly as to avoid any skinning of his preen golden feathers. "What do we have here?"

He cast his gaze to the ferret before it clambered back into his assailants bag. He faked a hurt expression. "And I thought he wanted to be my little friend."

He cleared his throat. "So. You've found me. I figured this day would come. I hope you didn't harm any of the drakes here on your way in. They're very kind folk and if anything foul befell them you would have made yourself quite an enemy." his voice grew less pleasant as the words passed, his chipper accent fading to a growl.

He clicked his tongue, his tone going back to pleasant. "But I believe that's not your style. You're a dragon of stealth, yes? You snuck in. So, theif. What is it you're theiving?"

His eyes lit up and he faked shock. "Me? You're stealing me? But why? What is a lowly opera actor like me possibly worth?"
@chibikittens

In one swift movement, a net fell around Chrysaor, draping over him and around him and rendering his momentarily motionless. "What in the-" but before he could finish the words, something cold was at his throat.

"Oh my." he said, swallowing slowly as to avoid any skinning of his preen golden feathers. "What do we have here?"

He cast his gaze to the ferret before it clambered back into his assailants bag. He faked a hurt expression. "And I thought he wanted to be my little friend."

He cleared his throat. "So. You've found me. I figured this day would come. I hope you didn't harm any of the drakes here on your way in. They're very kind folk and if anything foul befell them you would have made yourself quite an enemy." his voice grew less pleasant as the words passed, his chipper accent fading to a growl.

He clicked his tongue, his tone going back to pleasant. "But I believe that's not your style. You're a dragon of stealth, yes? You snuck in. So, theif. What is it you're theiving?"

His eyes lit up and he faked shock. "Me? You're stealing me? But why? What is a lowly opera actor like me possibly worth?"
guardian_picfin_wout_size2_by_toru_kaze-dbrgtdy.jpg
@giftofartemis

Kira tilted the dagger slightly, back and forth, flashing a confident smile and making sure Chrysaor could take notice. Short, choppy laughter rose up from the giddy dragon.
"Hehehe. Naw, he only did it for his favorite chicken treat." She chuckled airily, the sound echoing from deep in her chest rather than her mouth. She shifted the cuffs around and slipped them over the Skydancer's wrists. She clenched the knife tightly, pressing the sharp edge just a bit closer, making sure he got the hint to stay still while she worked. Kira took in a deep breath to keep her nerves under control, her head cool, her smile stretched out over her teeth just a bit too much.
"Playing dumb?" She teased. "That's alright, you don't need to be smart for me to make bank."
Feeling confident that she had him in her control, she pressed into Chrysaor, urging him forth.
"Come on now, and stay quiet. No need for that pretty gold hide of your to turn red, am-I-right?"
She began to lead him down the tree. Having seen some of where the clan members seemed to congregate, she kept well away from the tops of the tree and any hollowed out entranced that marked up much of the majestic tree's trunk. Kira risked turning her sight away and towards the moon for a second, then back to her captive. Her smile gave way to a grimace. The bounty hunters would be there soon...
"Move it!" She hissed. She pointed her snout to a far off plot of land, marked by shadowy tendrils and a few ominous buildings.
"There." She confirmed. "We're going there."
@giftofartemis

Kira tilted the dagger slightly, back and forth, flashing a confident smile and making sure Chrysaor could take notice. Short, choppy laughter rose up from the giddy dragon.
"Hehehe. Naw, he only did it for his favorite chicken treat." She chuckled airily, the sound echoing from deep in her chest rather than her mouth. She shifted the cuffs around and slipped them over the Skydancer's wrists. She clenched the knife tightly, pressing the sharp edge just a bit closer, making sure he got the hint to stay still while she worked. Kira took in a deep breath to keep her nerves under control, her head cool, her smile stretched out over her teeth just a bit too much.
"Playing dumb?" She teased. "That's alright, you don't need to be smart for me to make bank."
Feeling confident that she had him in her control, she pressed into Chrysaor, urging him forth.
"Come on now, and stay quiet. No need for that pretty gold hide of your to turn red, am-I-right?"
She began to lead him down the tree. Having seen some of where the clan members seemed to congregate, she kept well away from the tops of the tree and any hollowed out entranced that marked up much of the majestic tree's trunk. Kira risked turning her sight away and towards the moon for a second, then back to her captive. Her smile gave way to a grimace. The bounty hunters would be there soon...
"Move it!" She hissed. She pointed her snout to a far off plot of land, marked by shadowy tendrils and a few ominous buildings.
"There." She confirmed. "We're going there."
TXKcK16.png