Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Thieves! [OPEN]
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @Abernackles

Zy's heart leaped at the sight of the storm in the distance. She loved storms, always having been a loyal disciple of the Windsinger. She removed her hood, tossing her head in the breeze from the sea. This wouldn't be a bad place to live. She thought. A bit close to the Scarred Wasteland, though. No, she couldn't live so close. her best hope for finding a home now was in the Shifting Expanse, or the Ashfall Waste.

Tigerseye looked back to Valda.
"Time to go then?" she asked. Hopefully Valda's Imperial friend will be willing to give me a ride. Sigh, I wish there was a way for us to walk across. Her eyes wandered over to the Chara and their Imperial friend. the huge dragon was perched on a layer of ice she had made over the sand. Tigerseye wondered if it was possible to make an ice path like that on the ocean, it would be easy to walk that way.
But she didn't know how she would ask such a favor, and so she didn't. Perhaps she would later, if she really needed something like that. For now she would give swimming a try, and then flying. She was an independent dragon, she could make it across this ocean without their help. and she would prove it.
Tigerseye stomped over to the surf, and dunked her talons in defiantly, though she knew that on the outside she wouldn't look as defiant as she felt, she probably just looked like she was playing in the ocean.
@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @Abernackles

Zy's heart leaped at the sight of the storm in the distance. She loved storms, always having been a loyal disciple of the Windsinger. She removed her hood, tossing her head in the breeze from the sea. This wouldn't be a bad place to live. She thought. A bit close to the Scarred Wasteland, though. No, she couldn't live so close. her best hope for finding a home now was in the Shifting Expanse, or the Ashfall Waste.

Tigerseye looked back to Valda.
"Time to go then?" she asked. Hopefully Valda's Imperial friend will be willing to give me a ride. Sigh, I wish there was a way for us to walk across. Her eyes wandered over to the Chara and their Imperial friend. the huge dragon was perched on a layer of ice she had made over the sand. Tigerseye wondered if it was possible to make an ice path like that on the ocean, it would be easy to walk that way.
But she didn't know how she would ask such a favor, and so she didn't. Perhaps she would later, if she really needed something like that. For now she would give swimming a try, and then flying. She was an independent dragon, she could make it across this ocean without their help. and she would prove it.
Tigerseye stomped over to the surf, and dunked her talons in defiantly, though she knew that on the outside she wouldn't look as defiant as she felt, she probably just looked like she was playing in the ocean.
atjdCG9.png
He/Him
1bRTU3Z.png
((@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @StarlineRose))

“I... No...?” Frill began timidly, trying to think of something that would maybe just satisfy the wildclaw enough to leave her alone...

But maybe there was something... “I-I... I think the water dragons have been a b-bit more aggressive... Than usual...” she said, and hesitantly continued, subconsciously scratching lightly at the wraps on her neck. “I-I don’t actually really b-burrow too much... It’s... J-just that we--I--n-n-needed to get away from the dragons in the Sea for a little b-bit until they calmed d-down... I... Guess it n-never occurred t-to m-me that s-something would b-be causing th-them to act l-like that...” Her stuttering grew worse as she continued talking; she’s usually never talked so long with a stranger before.

“I... No...?” Frill began timidly, trying to think of something that would maybe just satisfy the wildclaw enough to leave her alone...

But maybe there was something... “I-I... I think the water dragons have been a b-bit more aggressive... Than usual...” she said, and hesitantly continued, subconsciously scratching lightly at the wraps on her neck. “I-I don’t actually really b-burrow too much... It’s... J-just that we--I--n-n-needed to get away from the dragons in the Sea for a little b-bit until they calmed d-down... I... Guess it n-never occurred t-to m-me that s-something would b-be causing th-them to act l-like that...” Her stuttering grew worse as she continued talking; she’s usually never talked so long with a stranger before.
@Toriel @Emordnilap @Aurorasky @StarlineRose @Derparoo @Abernackles

Tekla cocked her head at the little fae, and smiled. "Oh, you poor love. Are you okay? Are you cold? Scared? If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask for help. Me and my friends are very good at helping." She said with a warm smile. She pushed her goggles back to reveal her two shadow eyes, smiling warmly at the fae. She took off her glove, and slowly extended her hand, careful not to scare the clearly timid dragon. "My name is Teklancena, but everyone calls be Tekla. What's your name? She asked smoothly. She gave a small little shrug. "Because seeing as you helped us, trust me, this is good information, I want to return the favor. It would be nice to know your name too." She said with a grin. She seemed to have an idea, a wider grin spreading on her face. She reached around to her satchel, and pulled out a small, brightly coloured beetle in her gloved hand, not gloved hand still extended. "Now, I don't see the appeal in these, I find insects disgusting, but Valda snuck some of these into everyone's bags. I don't even know what they are called, but he promises they are filled with great flavor. Take it, it should be nice. You look a bit hungry." She said with a smile.

Valda had been watching Tekla talking to the hole for a while. Now she was handing it one of his prized insects. "What in Shade's name are you doing Tekla? We have to get going." He called out to her. Tekla's head whipped around. "I've got a source, so shut up. You'll scare her." She shouted back, not unkindly, before going back to talking to the hole. "What in Sornieth does she think she's doing..." Valda muttered. Aura gave an amused chuckle. "By my guess, that is not an empty hole. Someone must be living inside of it." He observed. Valda's eyes narrowed. "Yeah, but who? Who is small enough to live in that sort of hole anyway?" He questioned. Aura shrugged. "Well, in terms of dragons, maybe a fae?" He replied. Valda scowled again. 'Nah, I don't see it. Anyway, let's get ready to go. If Tekla gets left behind, so be it. She can catch up." He paused for a moment in thought, before muttering, "I don't really want her 'round here with us anyway, bossy boots. Maybe she can go home." Aura raised an eyebrow at the remark, but stayed silent. Valda jumped onto Aura's back, and sighed, laying down. "I just hope we kind find the cause of all this nonsense." He growled. Aura nodded. "I think we all wish that, Valda. You aren't alone."

Tekla cocked her head at the little fae, and smiled. "Oh, you poor love. Are you okay? Are you cold? Scared? If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask for help. Me and my friends are very good at helping." She said with a warm smile. She pushed her goggles back to reveal her two shadow eyes, smiling warmly at the fae. She took off her glove, and slowly extended her hand, careful not to scare the clearly timid dragon. "My name is Teklancena, but everyone calls be Tekla. What's your name? She asked smoothly. She gave a small little shrug. "Because seeing as you helped us, trust me, this is good information, I want to return the favor. It would be nice to know your name too." She said with a grin. She seemed to have an idea, a wider grin spreading on her face. She reached around to her satchel, and pulled out a small, brightly coloured beetle in her gloved hand, not gloved hand still extended. "Now, I don't see the appeal in these, I find insects disgusting, but Valda snuck some of these into everyone's bags. I don't even know what they are called, but he promises they are filled with great flavor. Take it, it should be nice. You look a bit hungry." She said with a smile.

Valda had been watching Tekla talking to the hole for a while. Now she was handing it one of his prized insects. "What in Shade's name are you doing Tekla? We have to get going." He called out to her. Tekla's head whipped around. "I've got a source, so shut up. You'll scare her." She shouted back, not unkindly, before going back to talking to the hole. "What in Sornieth does she think she's doing..." Valda muttered. Aura gave an amused chuckle. "By my guess, that is not an empty hole. Someone must be living inside of it." He observed. Valda's eyes narrowed. "Yeah, but who? Who is small enough to live in that sort of hole anyway?" He questioned. Aura shrugged. "Well, in terms of dragons, maybe a fae?" He replied. Valda scowled again. 'Nah, I don't see it. Anyway, let's get ready to go. If Tekla gets left behind, so be it. She can catch up." He paused for a moment in thought, before muttering, "I don't really want her 'round here with us anyway, bossy boots. Maybe she can go home." Aura raised an eyebrow at the remark, but stayed silent. Valda jumped onto Aura's back, and sighed, laying down. "I just hope we kind find the cause of all this nonsense." He growled. Aura nodded. "I think we all wish that, Valda. You aren't alone."
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
((@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @StarlineRose wowzers this was long...))

“I-I’m fine...” Frill said uneasily as the wildclaw took of its goggles and extended a hand.

The wil-- ...Tekla... Asked for her name. Frill swallowed anxiously. “F-frill... M-my name is Frill,” she muttered. Tekla then offered an extremely tasty looking insect. But... Winston was going to get...-- Her thoughts were interrupted by a grumbling in her stomach. Frill closed her eyes as her face contorted unhappily. To accept it would mean that she’d have to at least reach out into the sunlight for it... The beetle looks too good to pass up though... Whoever Valda was, he knew how to find some good bugs... Better than the bugs Winston randomly picked up all the time... Frill opened her eyes again and looked into Tekla’s shadow eyes. And at the same time, it would be better to accept it than to risk annoying Tekla...

Frill took a deep breath. Slowly, carefully, she inched forward. From her shaded view, with Tekla in it, the sunlit world had suddenly become a dangerous expanse that threatened to hurt and taunt her in ways she already knew all too well. She swallowed the thoughts, trying to steel her nerves as best as she could. And...

Wearily and anxiously, Frill stepped into the sunlight. Sun-bleached, faded scales that were littered with patches of calcified sand lumps and partially haphazardly covered in her assorted colors of wraps, once hidden in the shadow of the burrow, suddenly became visible to the world. She didn’t meet Tekla’s eyes, instead focusing entirely on the beetle and gingerly taking it from Tekla’s palm. Frill stared down at the large beetle in her small claws, not daring to look up and making no move to eat the beetle. She waited in fear of Tekla's next words.

Meanwhile...

In the woods, a lumbering yeti walked towards the beach. At the fringe between the borders, it halted in its movements behind some shrubbery as it spotted... Dragons... A group of them, all right near where it left Frill to forage for food. An inaudible growl escaped its throat, and it scanned for Frill’s burrow. It spotted it, with a wildclaw loomed over it. Protective instinct immediately took over, and the yeti clenched it’s fists.

*squelch*

The gooey remains of the bugs it had been collecting now seeped through its fingers. It grunted in annoyance, but returned its focus to the wildclaw. It prepared itself to charge. If it was lucky, Frill wouldn’t be a sobb-- It’s eyes widened as it suddenly realized the small figure of Frill emerging from the hole. Frill didn’t seem to be crying, but it knew Frill better than anyone, and it could tell Frill was very afraid. The wildclaw didn’t seem to have an aggressive stance... Perhaps aggression wouldn’t be extremely necessary.

Making up its mind, it shoved the shrubbery aside and lumbered towards Frill and the wildclaw, its muscles tensed and fists clenched, ready to punch or bite if it was necessary. It’s face was stone cold and filled with determination. Frill was not going to get hurt. Not while it was around.
((@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @StarlineRose wowzers this was long...))

“I-I’m fine...” Frill said uneasily as the wildclaw took of its goggles and extended a hand.

The wil-- ...Tekla... Asked for her name. Frill swallowed anxiously. “F-frill... M-my name is Frill,” she muttered. Tekla then offered an extremely tasty looking insect. But... Winston was going to get...-- Her thoughts were interrupted by a grumbling in her stomach. Frill closed her eyes as her face contorted unhappily. To accept it would mean that she’d have to at least reach out into the sunlight for it... The beetle looks too good to pass up though... Whoever Valda was, he knew how to find some good bugs... Better than the bugs Winston randomly picked up all the time... Frill opened her eyes again and looked into Tekla’s shadow eyes. And at the same time, it would be better to accept it than to risk annoying Tekla...

Frill took a deep breath. Slowly, carefully, she inched forward. From her shaded view, with Tekla in it, the sunlit world had suddenly become a dangerous expanse that threatened to hurt and taunt her in ways she already knew all too well. She swallowed the thoughts, trying to steel her nerves as best as she could. And...

Wearily and anxiously, Frill stepped into the sunlight. Sun-bleached, faded scales that were littered with patches of calcified sand lumps and partially haphazardly covered in her assorted colors of wraps, once hidden in the shadow of the burrow, suddenly became visible to the world. She didn’t meet Tekla’s eyes, instead focusing entirely on the beetle and gingerly taking it from Tekla’s palm. Frill stared down at the large beetle in her small claws, not daring to look up and making no move to eat the beetle. She waited in fear of Tekla's next words.

Meanwhile...

In the woods, a lumbering yeti walked towards the beach. At the fringe between the borders, it halted in its movements behind some shrubbery as it spotted... Dragons... A group of them, all right near where it left Frill to forage for food. An inaudible growl escaped its throat, and it scanned for Frill’s burrow. It spotted it, with a wildclaw loomed over it. Protective instinct immediately took over, and the yeti clenched it’s fists.

*squelch*

The gooey remains of the bugs it had been collecting now seeped through its fingers. It grunted in annoyance, but returned its focus to the wildclaw. It prepared itself to charge. If it was lucky, Frill wouldn’t be a sobb-- It’s eyes widened as it suddenly realized the small figure of Frill emerging from the hole. Frill didn’t seem to be crying, but it knew Frill better than anyone, and it could tell Frill was very afraid. The wildclaw didn’t seem to have an aggressive stance... Perhaps aggression wouldn’t be extremely necessary.

Making up its mind, it shoved the shrubbery aside and lumbered towards Frill and the wildclaw, its muscles tensed and fists clenched, ready to punch or bite if it was necessary. It’s face was stone cold and filled with determination. Frill was not going to get hurt. Not while it was around.

Tekla smiled. "Try it. If Valda is anything to go by, it should taste really good." She said, and winked. She looked Frill over and smiled. "Frill. Why, you're a cute little thing! I'm surprised you manage to do this well out here on your own. It ain't easy for just a little thing like you." She said, and did look quite surprised. She smiled. "If you want any more of those insects, by the way, just ask. It's not like I'll eat them. make them go to use..." She trailed off when she heard something approaching. She looked over to see a yeti, of all things. She blinked at it, cocking her head slightly. "Well hello there fella. What are you doing around here?" She asked sweetly, smiling at the beast. She stood up, facing him openly.

Tekla smiled. "Try it. If Valda is anything to go by, it should taste really good." She said, and winked. She looked Frill over and smiled. "Frill. Why, you're a cute little thing! I'm surprised you manage to do this well out here on your own. It ain't easy for just a little thing like you." She said, and did look quite surprised. She smiled. "If you want any more of those insects, by the way, just ask. It's not like I'll eat them. make them go to use..." She trailed off when she heard something approaching. She looked over to see a yeti, of all things. She blinked at it, cocking her head slightly. "Well hello there fella. What are you doing around here?" She asked sweetly, smiling at the beast. She stood up, facing him openly.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
@Emordnilap @Toriel @DragonDraws @Aurorasky @StarlineRose @Abernackles

Scorpion grinned to himself before lowering his body to the ground playful eyes darting every which way to find something to do. His joke seemed to have gone over with... splashing... success, and another chuckle about his internal pun rose from his throat. It's at that moment of chuckling and glancing around that he saw Tekla speaking with something small. Very, small. And soon his large body began slipping free from the water the changes on his body fading away as he dragged each part of himself free from the sea.

He walked surprisingly softly for an Imperial though credit did go to the sand absorbing most of the sound his heavy paws would have given off in each step. Step by step he made his way over his large shadow casting down on them and a toothy grin on his face. He was attempting to look welcoming but... with all those sharp teeth showing he wasn't sure if he was doing it right.

"Well hello there! You are sure a fish out of water all by yourself. Maybe we can kelp you with something?" He couldn't help himself... Every little pun was racing around his head and a single voice was now filling his thoughts with laughter and jokes. He HAD to get them out.
@Emordnilap @Toriel @DragonDraws @Aurorasky @StarlineRose @Abernackles

Scorpion grinned to himself before lowering his body to the ground playful eyes darting every which way to find something to do. His joke seemed to have gone over with... splashing... success, and another chuckle about his internal pun rose from his throat. It's at that moment of chuckling and glancing around that he saw Tekla speaking with something small. Very, small. And soon his large body began slipping free from the water the changes on his body fading away as he dragged each part of himself free from the sea.

He walked surprisingly softly for an Imperial though credit did go to the sand absorbing most of the sound his heavy paws would have given off in each step. Step by step he made his way over his large shadow casting down on them and a toothy grin on his face. He was attempting to look welcoming but... with all those sharp teeth showing he wasn't sure if he was doing it right.

"Well hello there! You are sure a fish out of water all by yourself. Maybe we can kelp you with something?" He couldn't help himself... Every little pun was racing around his head and a single voice was now filling his thoughts with laughter and jokes. He HAD to get them out.
C6VMBuR.png

Frill flinched at the noise of Tekla’s voice, but when she realized what the wildclaw was saying a wave of confusion poured over her. Surely the wildclaw wasn’t talking to her? She glanced around, but there weren’t any other dragons extremely close that could’ve been the receiver of such words. Warily, Frill finally met Tekla’s eyes, her own reflecting the confusion she felt.

“I...” she said quietly before Tekla looked up and spoke again, to something else. Frill turned-- “Winston!” she squeaked, her fear almost immediately starting to melt away. The yeti bared its teeth at Tekla as it scooped Frill up and out of any possible harms way.

“Wait, Winston,” Frill squeaked hastily when she saw Winston’s bared teeth as she was plopped into the thick fur of its shoulder. “Don’t try to hurt her...” she said hesitantly as she looked back at Tekla with uncertainty... And perhaps a tinge of hope. Dragons have never acted so differently towards her before... Winston stopped baring his teeth, but kept his eyes locked on the wildclaw. He was not so easy to trust others.

Suddenly a great shadow loomed over them. Winston took a step back as he glared up at the imperial and Frill lowered herself until only her head was visible out of the yeti’s thick fur, clutching the beetle Tekla gave her like a teddy bear. The pun was unnoticed to Frill; her mind was more preoccupied with the fact that a gigantic imperial with a frightening amount of sharp teeth was now looming over them. It left her speechless, leaving her only to look up at the imperial with fear.

Frill flinched at the noise of Tekla’s voice, but when she realized what the wildclaw was saying a wave of confusion poured over her. Surely the wildclaw wasn’t talking to her? She glanced around, but there weren’t any other dragons extremely close that could’ve been the receiver of such words. Warily, Frill finally met Tekla’s eyes, her own reflecting the confusion she felt.

“I...” she said quietly before Tekla looked up and spoke again, to something else. Frill turned-- “Winston!” she squeaked, her fear almost immediately starting to melt away. The yeti bared its teeth at Tekla as it scooped Frill up and out of any possible harms way.

“Wait, Winston,” Frill squeaked hastily when she saw Winston’s bared teeth as she was plopped into the thick fur of its shoulder. “Don’t try to hurt her...” she said hesitantly as she looked back at Tekla with uncertainty... And perhaps a tinge of hope. Dragons have never acted so differently towards her before... Winston stopped baring his teeth, but kept his eyes locked on the wildclaw. He was not so easy to trust others.

Suddenly a great shadow loomed over them. Winston took a step back as he glared up at the imperial and Frill lowered herself until only her head was visible out of the yeti’s thick fur, clutching the beetle Tekla gave her like a teddy bear. The pun was unnoticed to Frill; her mind was more preoccupied with the fact that a gigantic imperial with a frightening amount of sharp teeth was now looming over them. It left her speechless, leaving her only to look up at the imperial with fear.
((@Toriel @Emordnilap @Aurorasky @StarlineRose @Derparoo @Abernackles))

Tekla looked between Winston and Frill. "Winston? Why, what a lovely name!" She said encouragingly, smiling at the duo. Tekla noticed the disturbance, and whirled around to see Scorpion, grinning strangely. She rolled her eyes, and scowled. "Firs of all, cut it out with these puns. Go join a dad joke meeting or something. Secondly, I need you to leave us alone over here. I am discussing some very important stuff with our little friend here, and you making her scared, just as you are, is not going to help matters in any way. So go find someone else to talk to for now, got it?" She said coldly, glaring at the imperial. She turned her attention back to Frill and Winston, smiling. "Please excuse him. He seems to have a poor understanding or personal boundaries." She said with a slight grimace, eyeing the dragon from the corner of her eye.
((@Toriel @Emordnilap @Aurorasky @StarlineRose @Derparoo @Abernackles))

Tekla looked between Winston and Frill. "Winston? Why, what a lovely name!" She said encouragingly, smiling at the duo. Tekla noticed the disturbance, and whirled around to see Scorpion, grinning strangely. She rolled her eyes, and scowled. "Firs of all, cut it out with these puns. Go join a dad joke meeting or something. Secondly, I need you to leave us alone over here. I am discussing some very important stuff with our little friend here, and you making her scared, just as you are, is not going to help matters in any way. So go find someone else to talk to for now, got it?" She said coldly, glaring at the imperial. She turned her attention back to Frill and Winston, smiling. "Please excuse him. He seems to have a poor understanding or personal boundaries." She said with a slight grimace, eyeing the dragon from the corner of her eye.
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Wild Dog Subspecies
@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @Abernackles (checkin' in while I've got wifi! but I should go missing again all next week. XD)

Zy watched the Imperial approach Tekla and her new friend, who seemed to be a Yeti. Tekla began telling him off for something, but Zy couldn't hear over the beach wind. She winced, Tekla may be making a deadly mistake, this was not a dragon to make your enemy. Zy remembered yelling at him for scaring her blue Imperial friend, and realized she may have made that mistake as well. The mirror galloped over to Chara and.... She noticed that she still hadn't caught the name of the Imperial. I can't just call her "The Imperial" forever, can I? Zy struggled for a second on conversation topics to start with. She noted the half eaten catshark laying on the beach.

"Couldn't finish, eh? Not a fan of catshark myself." She chuckled. "I'm Zy, by the way."
@Emordnilap @Toriel @Aurorasky @DragonDraws @Derparoo @Abernackles (checkin' in while I've got wifi! but I should go missing again all next week. XD)

Zy watched the Imperial approach Tekla and her new friend, who seemed to be a Yeti. Tekla began telling him off for something, but Zy couldn't hear over the beach wind. She winced, Tekla may be making a deadly mistake, this was not a dragon to make your enemy. Zy remembered yelling at him for scaring her blue Imperial friend, and realized she may have made that mistake as well. The mirror galloped over to Chara and.... She noticed that she still hadn't caught the name of the Imperial. I can't just call her "The Imperial" forever, can I? Zy struggled for a second on conversation topics to start with. She noted the half eaten catshark laying on the beach.

"Couldn't finish, eh? Not a fan of catshark myself." She chuckled. "I'm Zy, by the way."
atjdCG9.png
He/Him
1bRTU3Z.png
The yeti scowled at the wildclaw's friendly comment and, with another glare at the towering imperial, turned and began walking away from the unexpected gathering.

Frill suddenly found herself facing the other way and tugged on her friend's fur desperately. "W-winston wait!" she hissed quietly, looking back at Tekla. The yeti only responded with a stubborn rumble and continued lumbering in the opposite direction.

Frill's throat tightened, gritting her teeth in fear. Then in a split decision she turned and stumbled down Winston's back and into the sand. Winston immediately turned around with a look of worry as Frill scurried back. Frill stared wearily at the intimidating imperial until she was safely hiding behind Tekla's leg. After giving another worrying glance towards the imperial she looked up at Tekla hesitantly, gripping the beetle tightly enough that the carapace was starting to crap. "Y-you said I-I was... C-cute?" The idea of being complimented was such a foreign idea to her that she was already doubting that she had heard it correctly.
The yeti scowled at the wildclaw's friendly comment and, with another glare at the towering imperial, turned and began walking away from the unexpected gathering.

Frill suddenly found herself facing the other way and tugged on her friend's fur desperately. "W-winston wait!" she hissed quietly, looking back at Tekla. The yeti only responded with a stubborn rumble and continued lumbering in the opposite direction.

Frill's throat tightened, gritting her teeth in fear. Then in a split decision she turned and stumbled down Winston's back and into the sand. Winston immediately turned around with a look of worry as Frill scurried back. Frill stared wearily at the intimidating imperial until she was safely hiding behind Tekla's leg. After giving another worrying glance towards the imperial she looked up at Tekla hesitantly, gripping the beetle tightly enough that the carapace was starting to crap. "Y-you said I-I was... C-cute?" The idea of being complimented was such a foreign idea to her that she was already doubting that she had heard it correctly.
1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34