Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the dust [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Novaface

Blake caught the keys in one hand, turning it over in his hand. The still-wet blood made him a little sick on the inside, but he swallowed the feeling down. He'd seen worse, a bloody set of keys were nothing.

"Skit... huh? Pretty name. I'm Blake. Pleasure to meet you." He yanked the car door open, sliding into the driver's seat. For a moment he stared blankly at the controls. "I can... kinda drive. But this kind of car is a lot different from what Hyperion has..." He trailed off once more, gingerly inserting the key into the ignition.
@Novaface

Blake caught the keys in one hand, turning it over in his hand. The still-wet blood made him a little sick on the inside, but he swallowed the feeling down. He'd seen worse, a bloody set of keys were nothing.

"Skit... huh? Pretty name. I'm Blake. Pleasure to meet you." He yanked the car door open, sliding into the driver's seat. For a moment he stared blankly at the controls. "I can... kinda drive. But this kind of car is a lot different from what Hyperion has..." He trailed off once more, gingerly inserting the key into the ignition.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@rexcaliburr

"Seriously, Blake, the pleasure is literally all mine. and kinda can drive sounds a lot better than walking, lets go." Skit shrugged, not wanting to let this kid know that she had never been in the front seat of a car, let alone behind the wheel.

Skit buckled her seatbelt before looking out the rear view mirror and sighing in relief.
"Is Hyperion your boss or gang or-" Skit gave the kid another once over, taking note of his ridiculous armor, "LARP group or something?"

@rexcaliburr

"Seriously, Blake, the pleasure is literally all mine. and kinda can drive sounds a lot better than walking, lets go." Skit shrugged, not wanting to let this kid know that she had never been in the front seat of a car, let alone behind the wheel.

Skit buckled her seatbelt before looking out the rear view mirror and sighing in relief.
"Is Hyperion your boss or gang or-" Skit gave the kid another once over, taking note of his ridiculous armor, "LARP group or something?"

"We're wind flight, corgies are kinda our thing."
@Novaface

Blake nodded and settled back into the seat, revving up the engine. It didn't sound as cool as he thought it would have, the old engine sputtering instead and complaining a little before the car began to trudge along the hot nowhere.

He didn't quite expect her to ask about Hyperion. He grimaced a little at the name, bad memories of it flooding back. "Hyperion was a company I worked for. Gun manufacturer. When I was younger they were my heroes, so when I was old enough I signed up to work for them as a soldier. But they have a bad reputation for randomly murdering employees and I guess they thought I wasn't doing well enough. So a long drive and walk later, here I am, in the middle of nowhere and... now I'm driving a car to also nowhere and you're here."

The soldier sank further into his seat. "So now that I've told you my story, maybe you wanna tell me yours... Skit?"
@Novaface

Blake nodded and settled back into the seat, revving up the engine. It didn't sound as cool as he thought it would have, the old engine sputtering instead and complaining a little before the car began to trudge along the hot nowhere.

He didn't quite expect her to ask about Hyperion. He grimaced a little at the name, bad memories of it flooding back. "Hyperion was a company I worked for. Gun manufacturer. When I was younger they were my heroes, so when I was old enough I signed up to work for them as a soldier. But they have a bad reputation for randomly murdering employees and I guess they thought I wasn't doing well enough. So a long drive and walk later, here I am, in the middle of nowhere and... now I'm driving a car to also nowhere and you're here."

The soldier sank further into his seat. "So now that I've told you my story, maybe you wanna tell me yours... Skit?"
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@rexcaliburr

Skit manually rolled down the window, letting the air hit her face, her right elbow leaned out of the edge and she kicked her feet up on the dashboard the way she would see people do in Hollywood movies. Listening to Blake's story almost made her miss her mother.
Almost.
"My story is complicated. . .Probably because I don't know all of it." Skit replied with a somber smile, she took a deep breath before she started.
"Once upon a time, long before I was born, my mother was engaged to some guy, not my dad. I don't know, probably some drug lord by the way my mother talks about him. He gave her everything, put her through school, took her from rich to richer, but I guess my mother couldn't overlook whatever bad crap he was mixed up in so she left. Fled the country, married my father to be sure she wouldn't be deported and had me as a fail safe, as if having another man's child would make you undesirable to a crazy man, or whatever. Point is, all it did was **** him off. He started making threats on my life, or something and I wasn't even a year old. My whole life I've been trailed by body guards and security details and I didn't know why until a few weeks ago a gunman sent my by mother's ex-fiancee came onto my university's campus to find me." Skit took another breath, "Obviously he didn't get very far, but that's when my Mother decided to finally tell me that her crazy ex was out for blood. I got ******, so I grabbed some clothes and left. Didn't think that Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Stupid would find me not even a week later, drag me out to the middle of nowhere."
Skit blushed once she realised that she had been rambling the story that she herself barely had time to process, "Boring story made fun; My mother ****** off her crazy ex-lover and I have a target on my head because of it."

@rexcaliburr

Skit manually rolled down the window, letting the air hit her face, her right elbow leaned out of the edge and she kicked her feet up on the dashboard the way she would see people do in Hollywood movies. Listening to Blake's story almost made her miss her mother.
Almost.
"My story is complicated. . .Probably because I don't know all of it." Skit replied with a somber smile, she took a deep breath before she started.
"Once upon a time, long before I was born, my mother was engaged to some guy, not my dad. I don't know, probably some drug lord by the way my mother talks about him. He gave her everything, put her through school, took her from rich to richer, but I guess my mother couldn't overlook whatever bad crap he was mixed up in so she left. Fled the country, married my father to be sure she wouldn't be deported and had me as a fail safe, as if having another man's child would make you undesirable to a crazy man, or whatever. Point is, all it did was **** him off. He started making threats on my life, or something and I wasn't even a year old. My whole life I've been trailed by body guards and security details and I didn't know why until a few weeks ago a gunman sent my by mother's ex-fiancee came onto my university's campus to find me." Skit took another breath, "Obviously he didn't get very far, but that's when my Mother decided to finally tell me that her crazy ex was out for blood. I got ******, so I grabbed some clothes and left. Didn't think that Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Stupid would find me not even a week later, drag me out to the middle of nowhere."
Skit blushed once she realised that she had been rambling the story that she herself barely had time to process, "Boring story made fun; My mother ****** off her crazy ex-lover and I have a target on my head because of it."

[img]https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/sh0.08/e35/p640x640/12825699_796610633803266_614503599_n.jpg[/img] [s]Apparently my tablet AND scanner decided that they're on strike, so for the mean time enjoy horrible photo of a drawing of Skit.[/s]
12825699_796610633803266_614503599_n.jpg
Apparently my tablet AND scanner decided that they're on strike, so for the mean time enjoy horrible photo of a drawing of Skit.
@NovaFace

"University student huh?" Blake asked, casting Skit a side glance as he navigated the rusty old vehicle through the hot sun. The dusty trail below them was just starting to turn into paved road, though where this road was going Blake did not know. He wasn't too familiar with anywhere outside of Hyperion's territory.

"You didn't seem that young at all. But welcome to the life of a runner. I don't know if Hyperion's still on my trail, but since I still have my ID chip, and all the knowledge of whatever went on back there, they're probably still hunting me down. Fun, huh?"

He took a moment to stick his head out of the window, trying to get a better look of where they were. Still nowhere, but at least this was nowhere with a proper road.
@NovaFace

"University student huh?" Blake asked, casting Skit a side glance as he navigated the rusty old vehicle through the hot sun. The dusty trail below them was just starting to turn into paved road, though where this road was going Blake did not know. He wasn't too familiar with anywhere outside of Hyperion's territory.

"You didn't seem that young at all. But welcome to the life of a runner. I don't know if Hyperion's still on my trail, but since I still have my ID chip, and all the knowledge of whatever went on back there, they're probably still hunting me down. Fun, huh?"

He took a moment to stick his head out of the window, trying to get a better look of where they were. Still nowhere, but at least this was nowhere with a proper road.
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@rexcaliburr

"I'm twenty two in November, but you're one to talk. my first thought when I saw you was 'who gave that seven year old an automatic weapon?'" Sarcasm oozed from Skit's voice, though she wore a genuine smile.
"Eh, things could be a lot worse than they are now. If you hadn't shown up I was going to try and convince the stupid one that I had fallen madly in love with him and we should run off together." Skit joked, throwing her thumb back, gesturing back the way they had come.

@rexcaliburr

"I'm twenty two in November, but you're one to talk. my first thought when I saw you was 'who gave that seven year old an automatic weapon?'" Sarcasm oozed from Skit's voice, though she wore a genuine smile.
"Eh, things could be a lot worse than they are now. If you hadn't shown up I was going to try and convince the stupid one that I had fallen madly in love with him and we should run off together." Skit joked, throwing her thumb back, gesturing back the way they had come.

@Novaface

Blake let out a snort. Of course, everyone he ever met commented on his awfully young looks. He didn't quite enjoy it. "Haha, real funny. I'm really twenty five... but yeah. Baby face." A silly grin formed on his face when he heard Skit tell him of her initial plans. "Would have loved to see you try that."

Under him, the engine whined and sputtered again, threatening to break down under them. "Really... not now..." He tried to push the car a little further, but it slowed to a stop as smoke began to creep out from under the hood.
@Novaface

Blake let out a snort. Of course, everyone he ever met commented on his awfully young looks. He didn't quite enjoy it. "Haha, real funny. I'm really twenty five... but yeah. Baby face." A silly grin formed on his face when he heard Skit tell him of her initial plans. "Would have loved to see you try that."

Under him, the engine whined and sputtered again, threatening to break down under them. "Really... not now..." He tried to push the car a little further, but it slowed to a stop as smoke began to creep out from under the hood.
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@rexcaliburr

"Perfect." Skit spoke, looking up to the heavens above her as if God would answer back. Skit reached into the backseat, grabbing her gym bag with everything Skit had left with, she wanted it with her just in case they needed to run.
Skit hopped out of the car, slamming the door behind her before leaning back in through the open window, "No chance your super corrupt weapons manufacturers taught you how to fix a car, did they?"

@rexcaliburr

"Perfect." Skit spoke, looking up to the heavens above her as if God would answer back. Skit reached into the backseat, grabbing her gym bag with everything Skit had left with, she wanted it with her just in case they needed to run.
Skit hopped out of the car, slamming the door behind her before leaning back in through the open window, "No chance your super corrupt weapons manufacturers taught you how to fix a car, did they?"

@Novaface

Tapping his finger on the hood as if it would magically make the car run again, Blake shook his head. "Nope, I wish. The engineers always managed car stuff." Seeing as how the car really wasn't going to go, he gave up. "Guess we're walking from here then... I just wish we knew where 'here' was." He readjusted his grip on his gun - his only possession that mattered.
@Novaface

Tapping his finger on the hood as if it would magically make the car run again, Blake shook his head. "Nope, I wish. The engineers always managed car stuff." Seeing as how the car really wasn't going to go, he gave up. "Guess we're walking from here then... I just wish we knew where 'here' was." He readjusted his grip on his gun - his only possession that mattered.
S O K O L
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9