Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP with prizes, TEMP HIATUS
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23
@Lopai {{so you're in the loop!}} @Windywillow {{I looked at his bio - ooh, this'll be fun! And 'Fin has a bio too if you want to see a bit more about him}}

'Fin first thinks he's imaging things when the Death Seeker swoops over his head, and he doesn't intend to give the bird a second thought - monstrous and ill-omened as these birds are, he's never been one to believe in bad signs.

"You know it's been a while when I start jumping at ghosts, 'Thel," he sighs, still talking to Ecthelion, the friend who cruelly volunteered to stay behind, leaving him to complete this mission alone - unaided, yes, but more importantly, without someone to talk to. "Or at the chance to talk to myself, you fiend, because after this we're officially not friends anymore. I hereby un-friend you, 'Thel - is that a thing? Well, I'm making it a thing. 'Thel the friendless, they shall call you in the streets, and how I shall laugh!"

He may or may not be practicing a haughty and sarcastic laugh - it's not working very well, 'Fin hates standing on ceremony and cannot barely pull off sarcasm even when truly angry - when he notices the Death Seeker has swooped around and is once again flying at him. Fast.

Well. He might not believe in ill omens, but 'Fin doesn't much believe in consequences either.

Once the bird has made its pass and swoops away, 'Fin gives it a moment's head start before tearing off in pursuit. He cannot fly - as a Wildclaw, his wings are more for balance and show than actual flight, and his beloved armor weighs him down still further - but he is quite fast.

Fast enough, it seems, to catch up to the bird as it perches in a tree a fair distance away - and fast enough that, when he looks up into that tree, he catches the stare of the dark Skydancer perched there.

Hmm. This is unexpected, and 'Fin can't see why he shouldn't say so. "Well-met, friend, if also, erm, oddly. I pray you will forgive my asking, but - are you stuck?"

@Lopai {{so you're in the loop!}} @Windywillow {{I looked at his bio - ooh, this'll be fun! And 'Fin has a bio too if you want to see a bit more about him}}

'Fin first thinks he's imaging things when the Death Seeker swoops over his head, and he doesn't intend to give the bird a second thought - monstrous and ill-omened as these birds are, he's never been one to believe in bad signs.

"You know it's been a while when I start jumping at ghosts, 'Thel," he sighs, still talking to Ecthelion, the friend who cruelly volunteered to stay behind, leaving him to complete this mission alone - unaided, yes, but more importantly, without someone to talk to. "Or at the chance to talk to myself, you fiend, because after this we're officially not friends anymore. I hereby un-friend you, 'Thel - is that a thing? Well, I'm making it a thing. 'Thel the friendless, they shall call you in the streets, and how I shall laugh!"

He may or may not be practicing a haughty and sarcastic laugh - it's not working very well, 'Fin hates standing on ceremony and cannot barely pull off sarcasm even when truly angry - when he notices the Death Seeker has swooped around and is once again flying at him. Fast.

Well. He might not believe in ill omens, but 'Fin doesn't much believe in consequences either.

Once the bird has made its pass and swoops away, 'Fin gives it a moment's head start before tearing off in pursuit. He cannot fly - as a Wildclaw, his wings are more for balance and show than actual flight, and his beloved armor weighs him down still further - but he is quite fast.

Fast enough, it seems, to catch up to the bird as it perches in a tree a fair distance away - and fast enough that, when he looks up into that tree, he catches the stare of the dark Skydancer perched there.

Hmm. This is unexpected, and 'Fin can't see why he shouldn't say so. "Well-met, friend, if also, erm, oddly. I pray you will forgive my asking, but - are you stuck?"

kJ7P36i.png 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.pngKDzH3q9.png
@raisingcain @windywillow [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16251459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162515/16251459_350.png[/img] [/url] [i]Where in the world am I now?[/i] Malykri wonders, wandering around in the darkness. Her mother had brought her on another one of her trips, being a trader she needed to travel, that much is obvious, but why she always has to insist on bringing her daughter, who she hasn't exactly had the best relationship with, is beyond Malykri's understanding. She sighs heavily, rolling her eyes at her own predicament.[i] I'm not sure where I'd rather be, walking alone at dusk or stuck in a caravan with that carrion-eating hag[/i]. She snorts with displeasure, shaking out her wings. She thinks back to the caravan, having sneaked off only a couple hours ago, and arguing with her mother. [i]Nope, I would definitely rather be here, alone, with no idea where I am.[/i] She could run away, disappear, but she liked Flameshroud, and most of the other dragons from her clan are very kind to her. Disappearing would also be admitting her weakness and she would not stand for that. Malykri looks down, gazing at the latticework of scars crisscrossing up her arms and sets her jaw. [i]I will not let my stinking Greatshell of a mother see me as weak.[/i] She pulls the armband down to help hide the extensive scarring, the birdskull and large brown feathers don't help much but it does tend to draw the eye away from her heavily discolored forearms. Malykri raises her head proudly, her citrine earrings glinting in the moonlight as she crests the small hill. [i]Are those voices?[/i] She peers over the ridge, only to see a wildclaw and a skydancer, one sitting in a tree, the other on the ground beneath. [i]Hmm, good, she thinks, maybe I can get some directions, hopefully they aren't total lunatics.[/i] She keeps her distance though, just to be safe, close enough to hear their conversation but far enough they they hopefully won't notice her. Unfortunately, despite her stealthy approach she is quite, large, and her shiny golden armor really doesn't help her subtlety any. Malykri however, doesn't really seem to notice this.
@raisingcain @windywillow

16251459_350.png

Where in the world am I now? Malykri wonders, wandering around in the darkness. Her mother had brought her on another one of her trips, being a trader she needed to travel, that much is obvious, but why she always has to insist on bringing her daughter, who she hasn't exactly had the best relationship with, is beyond Malykri's understanding. She sighs heavily, rolling her eyes at her own predicament. I'm not sure where I'd rather be, walking alone at dusk or stuck in a caravan with that carrion-eating hag. She snorts with displeasure, shaking out her wings. She thinks back to the caravan, having sneaked off only a couple hours ago, and arguing with her mother. Nope, I would definitely rather be here, alone, with no idea where I am.

She could run away, disappear, but she liked Flameshroud, and most of the other dragons from her clan are very kind to her. Disappearing would also be admitting her weakness and she would not stand for that. Malykri looks down, gazing at the latticework of scars crisscrossing up her arms and sets her jaw. I will not let my stinking Greatshell of a mother see me as weak. She pulls the armband down to help hide the extensive scarring, the birdskull and large brown feathers don't help much but it does tend to draw the eye away from her heavily discolored forearms. Malykri raises her head proudly, her citrine earrings glinting in the moonlight as she crests the small hill.

Are those voices? She peers over the ridge, only to see a wildclaw and a skydancer, one sitting in a tree, the other on the ground beneath. Hmm, good, she thinks, maybe I can get some directions, hopefully they aren't total lunatics. She keeps her distance though, just to be safe, close enough to hear their conversation but far enough they they hopefully won't notice her. Unfortunately, despite her stealthy approach she is quite, large, and her shiny golden armor really doesn't help her subtlety any. Malykri however, doesn't really seem to notice this.
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@Lopai @RaisingCain {I loved your bios! I'm excited to see how this will play out. Maliect is a bit of a jerk. I hope I don't offend anyone. ^^"} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14934031] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149341/14934031_350.png[/img] [/url] Maliect gave a small twitch of displeasure when he heard the crashing of the dragon lumbering over. Well...perhaps he was silent for Wildclaw standards. And an armored one at that. But then again, loud for one who was busy trying to enjoy a [i]solitary[/i] walk. [i]Count your blessings.[/i] Maliect chided himself. [i]This Wildclaw looks quiet incapable of flight, and therefore is of minimal threat to you.[/i] That didn't stop the Skydancer from making a guttural sound in his throat when the WIldclaw had the nerve to inquire about his position. "'Stuck?'" Maliect echoed in a snide voice, "Not at all, 'friend.'" The Skydancer spread his wings slightly, to make himself appear a little larger. "By all means, it would seem you are the one 'stuck' on the ground." Maliect couldn't keep a small smirk off his face. When all else fails, caustic words and sarcastic mirth were always handy as weapons. It was one of the small pleasure in life. The Death Seeker gave the Wildclaw a sharp glare, but something caught its attention. It squawked loudly, and was airborn in a heartbeat. Maliect turned his head at the same time. The dragon and bird seemed to act unanimously, as one unit. His eyes narrowed, and his claw instinctively reached for the hilt of his sword. "Show yourself." the Skydancer called out to the golden figure that was trying to blend into a clump of undergrowth without much success, "It would be wise not to sneak up upon me." The newcomer was not left with much choice. Mere seconds after Maliect uttered his warning, the Death Seeker spiraled down and started harassing the dragon. [i]Caw-caw-caw![/i] It screamed, diving, pecking, clawing. It's beak and claws could not pierce dragonhide, but a Seeker was a nuisance, no matter the situation.
@Lopai
@RaisingCain
{I loved your bios! I'm excited to see how this will play out. Maliect is a bit of a jerk. I hope I don't offend anyone. ^^"}

14934031_350.png

Maliect gave a small twitch of displeasure when he heard the crashing of the dragon lumbering over. Well...perhaps he was silent for Wildclaw standards. And an armored one at that. But then again, loud for one who was busy trying to enjoy a solitary walk.
Count your blessings. Maliect chided himself. This Wildclaw looks quiet incapable of flight, and therefore is of minimal threat to you.

That didn't stop the Skydancer from making a guttural sound in his throat when the WIldclaw had the nerve to inquire about his position.
"'Stuck?'" Maliect echoed in a snide voice, "Not at all, 'friend.'" The Skydancer spread his wings slightly, to make himself appear a little larger. "By all means, it would seem you are the one 'stuck' on the ground."

Maliect couldn't keep a small smirk off his face. When all else fails, caustic words and sarcastic mirth were always handy as weapons. It was one of the small pleasure in life.

The Death Seeker gave the Wildclaw a sharp glare, but something caught its attention. It squawked loudly, and was airborn in a heartbeat.

Maliect turned his head at the same time. The dragon and bird seemed to act unanimously, as one unit. His eyes narrowed, and his claw instinctively reached for the hilt of his sword.
"Show yourself." the Skydancer called out to the golden figure that was trying to blend into a clump of undergrowth without much success, "It would be wise not to sneak up upon me."

The newcomer was not left with much choice. Mere seconds after Maliect uttered his warning, the Death Seeker spiraled down and started harassing the dragon.
Caw-caw-caw! It screamed, diving, pecking, clawing. It's beak and claws could not pierce dragonhide, but a Seeker was a nuisance, no matter the situation.
B18_L2.pngscript2.pngmSV3YQy.pngZoKUZoU.pngudvBp0Z.pngl13_book.pngB18_R2.png
DPSlXho.png

xxxxxx_f2u__crown_by_gayb0t-db4bqar.png
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifscript
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifthey/them
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdesign studentsmall_blinking_text_cursor_by_neripixu-d6lwqe9.gif

xxxxxxart shop // accents // tumblr
@raisingcain @windywillow {{night all :) }} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16251459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162515/16251459_350.png[/img] [/url] Malykri leaps backwards out of the brush, flailing at the death seeker circling around her. "Gah! What's wrong with you!" She yells at the skydancer, angry and perturbed under the circumstances. "I'm not trying to sneak up on you you overly suspicious talonok! And you don't need to sic your stupid bird on me!" The large grey and gold ridgeback does not seem amused in any possible way. Malykri keeps swatting at the seeker but no matter how hard she tries it's too fast for her and she just can't manage to hit it. She growls angrily, trying to buffet it away with her wings. "I'm just trying to find out how to get back to the Ashfall Wastes!" Her wild movements have jostled the birdskull armband. It's pretty hard to make out in the darkness, but without the beads dangling in front of them her scars are fairly visible, like a strange, fleshy discoloration that takes up nearly the entirety of both her arms. [i]Maybe I should have just found my own way[/i]. She thinks, waiting for the other dragon's response, still thrashing wildly at the death seeker above her head. [i]Still better than the caravan?[/i] She asks herself. [i]Hmm...Yes.[/i] {{[b]edit:[/b] Please help me, I just revamped her bio (I've actually been meaning to for a while) and am rewriting her history blurb based on ideas I've had floating around in my mind for a while. Also, I'll be busy tomorrow so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to respond }}
@raisingcain @windywillow {{night all :) }}

16251459_350.png

Malykri leaps backwards out of the brush, flailing at the death seeker circling around her. "Gah! What's wrong with you!" She yells at the skydancer, angry and perturbed under the circumstances. "I'm not trying to sneak up on you you overly suspicious talonok! And you don't need to sic your stupid bird on me!" The large grey and gold ridgeback does not seem amused in any possible way. Malykri keeps swatting at the seeker but no matter how hard she tries it's too fast for her and she just can't manage to hit it. She growls angrily, trying to buffet it away with her wings. "I'm just trying to find out how to get back to the Ashfall Wastes!" Her wild movements have jostled the birdskull armband. It's pretty hard to make out in the darkness, but without the beads dangling in front of them her scars are fairly visible, like a strange, fleshy discoloration that takes up nearly the entirety of both her arms. Maybe I should have just found my own way. She thinks, waiting for the other dragon's response, still thrashing wildly at the death seeker above her head. Still better than the caravan? She asks herself. Hmm...Yes.

{{edit: Please help me, I just revamped her bio (I've actually been meaning to for a while) and am rewriting her history blurb based on ideas I've had floating around in my mind for a while. Also, I'll be busy tomorrow so I'm not sure how much I'll be able to respond }}
@Lopai @RaisingCain {Hope it's okay if I set this RP in the Tangled Woods? I don't think location has been specified. Anyone want to initiate introductions? It's not exactly Maliect's style to volunteer information about himself.} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14934031] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149341/14934031_350.png[/img] [/url] Maliect's sightless eyes frowned, a tad displeased with the female's attitude. He briefly entered the Death Seeker's mind, halting its petty attacks. The bird fluttered up higher and circled the dragoness. Through the Seeker's eyes, Maliect examined the newcomer. She seemed strong, well built. Her golden armor were of decent grade and quality, and she wore small, glimmering citrine earrings. Definetly costs more than what most could afford. Overall, she seemed like some pampered daughter of a wealthy family. The Skydancer curled his lip haughtily at that thought. In his contempt, Maliect failed to see the scars that covered her arms. "Apologies, miss." He replied, not sounding very sorry at all, "You are not from around these parts, no?" The Skydancer nimbly walked across the branch, hopping towards the canopy of the adjacent tree. "Why, this is the outskirts of the Tangled Woods. Home of the Shadowbinder and all of her wicked brood." Maliect went silent for a brief moment, then sat down with a laugh, armor clinking. His parents were from the Shadow Flight. How strange that he had wandered so close to the place of his origin... "At any rate, I'm sure this stalwart fellow would be willing to help you find your way, miss." Maliect inclined his head towards the golden Wildclaw, still standing on the ground, "I make it a habit to not help potential enemies who try to eavesdrop on conversation. Makes a bad first impression, you know..." The dark Skydancer rustled his plumage, and yawned, all the image of someone who is bored of their present company. While he feigned nonchalance and boredom, however, the Death Seeker still circled above, alert and ready. Maliect saw through its eyes, and underneath his feathered wings, he kept a claw on his sword, should situations turn ugly.
@Lopai
@RaisingCain
{Hope it's okay if I set this RP in the Tangled Woods? I don't think location has been specified. Anyone want to initiate introductions? It's not exactly Maliect's style to volunteer information about himself.}

14934031_350.png

Maliect's sightless eyes frowned, a tad displeased with the female's attitude. He briefly entered the Death Seeker's mind, halting its petty attacks. The bird fluttered up higher and circled the dragoness.
Through the Seeker's eyes, Maliect examined the newcomer. She seemed strong, well built. Her golden armor were of decent grade and quality, and she wore small, glimmering citrine earrings. Definetly costs more than what most could afford. Overall, she seemed like some pampered daughter of a wealthy family. The Skydancer curled his lip haughtily at that thought. In his contempt, Maliect failed to see the scars that covered her arms.

"Apologies, miss." He replied, not sounding very sorry at all, "You are not from around these parts, no?" The Skydancer nimbly walked across the branch, hopping towards the canopy of the adjacent tree.
"Why, this is the outskirts of the Tangled Woods. Home of the Shadowbinder and all of her wicked brood." Maliect went silent for a brief moment, then sat down with a laugh, armor clinking. His parents were from the Shadow Flight. How strange that he had wandered so close to the place of his origin...

"At any rate, I'm sure this stalwart fellow would be willing to help you find your way, miss." Maliect inclined his head towards the golden Wildclaw, still standing on the ground, "I make it a habit to not help potential enemies who try to eavesdrop on conversation. Makes a bad first impression, you know..."
The dark Skydancer rustled his plumage, and yawned, all the image of someone who is bored of their present company. While he feigned nonchalance and boredom, however, the Death Seeker still circled above, alert and ready. Maliect saw through its eyes, and underneath his feathered wings, he kept a claw on his sword, should situations turn ugly.
DPSlXho.png

xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdesign studentsmall_blinking_text_cursor_by_neripixu-d6lwqe9.gif

@Lopai {{it's ok, I totally understand - I can usually only get on once a day bec. of work and class schedules! and sure, RP can be a great way to learn about even a developed character, so it's great that you're continuing to work on Malykri}} @WindyWillow {{actually, I was super excited to see that Maliect is a bit of a jerk, just because 'Fin is so very much not, and even a bit oblivious - that'll make this fun}} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18168849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/181689/18168849_350.png[/img] [/url] "Stuck? Not at all, friend," the Skydancer says. "By all means, it would seem you are the one stuck on the ground!" 'Fin is grateful to learn that the Skydancer is in his tree roost by choice - much as he would want to help un-stick the other dragon, he's not sure he would be able to reach, and he doesn't much care for the thought of removing all his armor and climbing here - but he's also terrifically happy to have found someone with a sense of humor out here in the wilderness! "It appears I AM stuck on the ground," 'Fin agrees happily. "But it's not such a bad place to be, all things considered - more room for space, more room for movement! Is there anyway I could tempt you to stick down here with me?" Before his newfound acquaintance can reply, though, the Skydancer's head perks up, and he growls a soft order at the Death Seeker that 'Fin had followed to find him here. Mere moments later, the bird has driven another dragon, this one a tall Ridgeback in armor almost to rival 'Fin's own, into the clearing shouting. "Gah! What's wrong with you! I'm not trying to sneak up on you you overly suspicious talonok! And you don't need to sic your stupid bird on me! I'm just trying to find out how to get back to the Ashfall Wastes!" 'Fin watches with no little amusement as the Skydancer makes his kind apologies for his - pet? trained crow? - and makes as if to disappear, hopping from branch to branch in an easy way that makes 'Fin slightly envious. It is interesting to note, though, that they are so close to Shadow lands - he has always heard strange things of the dark goddess who rules here. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to find out if there's any truth to them? It's as if the Skydancer has read his mind! "At any rate, I'm sure this stalwart fellow would be willing to help you find your way, miss. I make it a habit to not help potential enemies who try to eavesdrop on conversation. Makes a bad first impression, you know." More humor! Gods, the fellow sounds almost like Erestor, another old friend 'Fin wishes were here. But no matter - he is sure he will make do with new companions for a few days, at least! 'Fin sketches a courtly bow to the pretty Ridgeback, proud of the slight and melodious jingling his beautiful armor makes. "Mmm, stalwart is hardly the worst thing to be called, m'lady, though I am more used to 'Fin! Might I ask your name?" Belatedly, he realizes that he hasn't asked for the witty Skydancer's either. "And yours, my friend?" "As I said, I am called 'Fin - well, along with a number of other things, some of them less complimentary than others - and I am here to destroy the nearest centaur lair." Eh, he realizes as he voices what should be a lie, who is he kidding - that's totally what he's here to do. Bother scouting, bother Turgon and 'Thel and everything. 'Fin is more than ready to go look for an adventure. Any adventure.
@Lopai {{it's ok, I totally understand - I can usually only get on once a day bec. of work and class schedules! and sure, RP can be a great way to learn about even a developed character, so it's great that you're continuing to work on Malykri}}

@WindyWillow {{actually, I was super excited to see that Maliect is a bit of a jerk, just because 'Fin is so very much not, and even a bit oblivious - that'll make this fun}}

18168849_350.png

"Stuck? Not at all, friend," the Skydancer says. "By all means, it would seem you are the one stuck on the ground!"

'Fin is grateful to learn that the Skydancer is in his tree roost by choice - much as he would want to help un-stick the other dragon, he's not sure he would be able to reach, and he doesn't much care for the thought of removing all his armor and climbing here - but he's also terrifically happy to have found someone with a sense of humor out here in the wilderness!

"It appears I AM stuck on the ground," 'Fin agrees happily. "But it's not such a bad place to be, all things considered - more room for space, more room for movement! Is there anyway I could tempt you to stick down here with me?"

Before his newfound acquaintance can reply, though, the Skydancer's head perks up, and he growls a soft order at the Death Seeker that 'Fin had followed to find him here. Mere moments later, the bird has driven another dragon, this one a tall Ridgeback in armor almost to rival 'Fin's own, into the clearing shouting.

"Gah! What's wrong with you! I'm not trying to sneak up on you you overly suspicious talonok! And you don't need to sic your stupid bird on me! I'm just trying to find out how to get back to the Ashfall Wastes!"

'Fin watches with no little amusement as the Skydancer makes his kind apologies for his - pet? trained crow? - and makes as if to disappear, hopping from branch to branch in an easy way that makes 'Fin slightly envious.

It is interesting to note, though, that they are so close to Shadow lands - he has always heard strange things of the dark goddess who rules here. Maybe this would be a good opportunity to find out if there's any truth to them?

It's as if the Skydancer has read his mind! "At any rate, I'm sure this stalwart fellow would be willing to help you find your way, miss. I make it a habit to not help potential enemies who try to eavesdrop on conversation. Makes a bad first impression, you know."

More humor! Gods, the fellow sounds almost like Erestor, another old friend 'Fin wishes were here. But no matter - he is sure he will make do with new companions for a few days, at least!

'Fin sketches a courtly bow to the pretty Ridgeback, proud of the slight and melodious jingling his beautiful armor makes. "Mmm, stalwart is hardly the worst thing to be called, m'lady, though I am more used to 'Fin! Might I ask your name?" Belatedly, he realizes that he hasn't asked for the witty Skydancer's either. "And yours, my friend?"

"As I said, I am called 'Fin - well, along with a number of other things, some of them less complimentary than others - and I am here to destroy the nearest centaur lair."

Eh, he realizes as he voices what should be a lie, who is he kidding - that's totally what he's here to do. Bother scouting, bother Turgon and 'Thel and everything. 'Fin is more than ready to go look for an adventure. Any adventure.
@raisingcain @windywillow {{and the plot thickens, also I love how completely clueless Fin is :D }} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16251459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162515/16251459_350.png[/img] [/url] "I wasn't eavesdropping!" Malykri replies, [i]what would Sweet say[/i], she racks her mind. "I was assessing the situation." She raises her head a little bit, giving a little displeased snort. "You two could have been murderous psychopaths." The ridgeback looks up, glancing at the death seeker still circling above her. "And I'm still not sure about you." She glares at the violet skydancer, stretching the muscles in her shoulders as her attention is pulled away to the bedazzled wildclaw who bows in her direction. Malykri looks confused for a moment, not used to such formality. "Uh...Mal." She looks over suspiciously at the skydancer, really not liking anything about him. [i]Wait, the wildclaw's here to destroy centaurs...[/i] "Well I'm never one to turn down a fight." She responds, walking closer and keeping a careful eye on the crow above her head. [i]Wait a minute...didn't he say they were in the tangled wood...[/i]"Flying buckets of croaker refuse!" She exclaims, loudly, well if there is only one thing about her, Malykri's 'swears' are certainly creative. Her mother's next stop was somewhere in the tangled wood. She closes her eyes, [i]please don't have it pass through here, please don't have it pass through here[/i]. Then she hears it, the racket of wagon wheels and loud voices traversing the thick underbrush. Malykri growls at the other dragons. "Do not tell them I am here, or I will tear off your pretty wings and feed you to the rats." She glares at the two males. "That goes for both of you." With those words she leaps into a nearby patch of brambles, thick and dark, they obscure her form. But good gods it does not look comfortable, she clearly does not want to meet whoever these newcomers are.
@raisingcain @windywillow {{and the plot thickens, also I love how completely clueless Fin is :D }}

16251459_350.png

"I wasn't eavesdropping!" Malykri replies, what would Sweet say, she racks her mind. "I was assessing the situation." She raises her head a little bit, giving a little displeased snort. "You two could have been murderous psychopaths." The ridgeback looks up, glancing at the death seeker still circling above her. "And I'm still not sure about you." She glares at the violet skydancer, stretching the muscles in her shoulders as her attention is pulled away to the bedazzled wildclaw who bows in her direction.

Malykri looks confused for a moment, not used to such formality. "Uh...Mal." She looks over suspiciously at the skydancer, really not liking anything about him. Wait, the wildclaw's here to destroy centaurs... "Well I'm never one to turn down a fight." She responds, walking closer and keeping a careful eye on the crow above her head. Wait a minute...didn't he say they were in the tangled wood..."Flying buckets of croaker refuse!" She exclaims, loudly, well if there is only one thing about her, Malykri's 'swears' are certainly creative.

Her mother's next stop was somewhere in the tangled wood. She closes her eyes, please don't have it pass through here, please don't have it pass through here. Then she hears it, the racket of wagon wheels and loud voices traversing the thick underbrush.

Malykri growls at the other dragons. "Do not tell them I am here, or I will tear off your pretty wings and feed you to the rats." She glares at the two males. "That goes for both of you." With those words she leaps into a nearby patch of brambles, thick and dark, they obscure her form. But good gods it does not look comfortable, she clearly does not want to meet whoever these newcomers are.

@Lopai @RaisingCain [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14934031] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149341/14934031_350.png[/img] [/url] "You two could have been murderous psychopaths." The Ridgeback retorted, shooting a look at the Death Seeker circling overhead. "And I'm still not sure about you." Her last words were directed at him. Maliect chuckled, amused, "Glad we agree on one thing, miss." The agreeable Wildclaw's sudden call for an introduction took the Skydancer back, however. He briefly considered making something up. But 'Fin's goal to 'destroy the nearest centaur lair' made Maliect perk up. A fight! Instantly, the sweet sound of metal coins and gems filled the mercenary's ears. Certainly, he could assist this gentleman. For a price naturally. Best to introduce himself as a friend then. "They call me Maliect. I am a wandering merc- er, that is, soldier. I take it you are a warrior as well...'Fin, is it?" Maliect carefully extended his wings and glided down from the tree. He gave a curt nod to the Wildclaw, although he rather misjudged his location and ended up facing a little to 'Fin's left, "In that case, I'd be happy to assist you on your endeavors. Storming a centaur's lair is certainly no small feat." His sightless eyes were a little bit unsettling, and his smile looked a little forced. Some quick calculations ran through his head. Namely, an analysis of the two dragons whose company he shares. 'Fin was a warrior. No doubt about that. Even if his armor looked overly polished, and the flower-crown was a ridiculous fashion statement, the dragon was well muscled and strong. And Maliect doubted the broadsword was purely for ornamentation. Otherwise, the Wildclaw seems blissfully ignorant of Maliect's thinly-veiled sarcasm...which was disappointing to say in the least. Ah, well. Perhaps it was for the best the Skydancer didn't offend the golden warrior, now that they might be allies instead of strangers. Mal was a bit harder to read. From what Maliect gathered in his brief glimpse of her through the eyes of the Death Seeker, she was exceptionally well looking, finely dressed, and looked rather lost. At the same time, he could feel her fierce determination that burned through her form like a flame. She was not to be underestimated. "Flying buckets of croaker refuse!" Maliect blinked, snapping out of his musings. He turned vaguely into Mal's general direction. "Such language, miss!" he said in mock surprise. Before the Skydancer could let any more stinging retorts fly from his tongue, however, the Ridgeback uttered something about not telling 'them' about her whereabouts, and a petty threat she obviously would not be able to carry out. There was heavy crunching, and a rustle. The dragoness had hidden herself away again. By the sound of it, she chose a rather thorny bramble patch. Maliect smirked at that thought. There was the squeak of wagon wheels, and the chatter of many voices. Maliect gave a soft hiss, retreating back from the path a bit as the procession edged into view. Maliect hurriedly entered the mind of his bird again to catch a glimpse of the caravan. A handsomely garbed Ridgeback sat in the front, her turban adorned with a glittering ruby and a ridiculously large ostrich plumage. Her eyes were haughty. Maliect forced his features into a clam, smooth mask. His eyes followed the caravan's progress slowly with a vacant, uninterested expression. The dragons shot a brief glance at his thin frame and tattered armor, and looked away in disgust. He caught a few unkind whispers. The Death Seeker screamed at them, the unease rippled through the trader's ranks. They muttered something of bad luck and death, and quickened their pace. Soon, the squeak of wheels faded to the distance.
@Lopai
@RaisingCain

14934031_350.png

"You two could have been murderous psychopaths." The Ridgeback retorted, shooting a look at the Death Seeker circling overhead. "And I'm still not sure about you." Her last words were directed at him. Maliect chuckled, amused, "Glad we agree on one thing, miss."
The agreeable Wildclaw's sudden call for an introduction took the Skydancer back, however. He briefly considered making something up. But 'Fin's goal to 'destroy the nearest centaur lair' made Maliect perk up.

A fight! Instantly, the sweet sound of metal coins and gems filled the mercenary's ears. Certainly, he could assist this gentleman. For a price naturally.
Best to introduce himself as a friend then.
"They call me Maliect. I am a wandering merc- er, that is, soldier. I take it you are a warrior as well...'Fin, is it?" Maliect carefully extended his wings and glided down from the tree. He gave a curt nod to the Wildclaw, although he rather misjudged his location and ended up facing a little to 'Fin's left, "In that case, I'd be happy to assist you on your endeavors. Storming a centaur's lair is certainly no small feat."

His sightless eyes were a little bit unsettling, and his smile looked a little forced. Some quick calculations ran through his head. Namely, an analysis of the two dragons whose company he shares.
'Fin was a warrior. No doubt about that. Even if his armor looked overly polished, and the flower-crown was a ridiculous fashion statement, the dragon was well muscled and strong. And Maliect doubted the broadsword was purely for ornamentation. Otherwise, the Wildclaw seems blissfully ignorant of Maliect's thinly-veiled sarcasm...which was disappointing to say in the least. Ah, well. Perhaps it was for the best the Skydancer didn't offend the golden warrior, now that they might be allies instead of strangers.

Mal was a bit harder to read. From what Maliect gathered in his brief glimpse of her through the eyes of the Death Seeker, she was exceptionally well looking, finely dressed, and looked rather lost. At the same time, he could feel her fierce determination that burned through her form like a flame. She was not to be underestimated.

"Flying buckets of croaker refuse!"

Maliect blinked, snapping out of his musings. He turned vaguely into Mal's general direction. "Such language, miss!" he said in mock surprise. Before the Skydancer could let any more stinging retorts fly from his tongue, however, the Ridgeback uttered something about not telling 'them' about her whereabouts, and a petty threat she obviously would not be able to carry out.
There was heavy crunching, and a rustle. The dragoness had hidden herself away again. By the sound of it, she chose a rather thorny bramble patch. Maliect smirked at that thought.

There was the squeak of wagon wheels, and the chatter of many voices. Maliect gave a soft hiss, retreating back from the path a bit as the procession edged into view. Maliect hurriedly entered the mind of his bird again to catch a glimpse of the caravan.
A handsomely garbed Ridgeback sat in the front, her turban adorned with a glittering ruby and a ridiculously large ostrich plumage. Her eyes were haughty.
Maliect forced his features into a clam, smooth mask. His eyes followed the caravan's progress slowly with a vacant, uninterested expression. The dragons shot a brief glance at his thin frame and tattered armor, and looked away in disgust. He caught a few unkind whispers.

The Death Seeker screamed at them, the unease rippled through the trader's ranks. They muttered something of bad luck and death, and quickened their pace. Soon, the squeak of wheels faded to the distance.
DPSlXho.png

@raisingcain @windywillow [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16251459] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162515/16251459_350.png[/img] [/url] Malykri peeks out of the thorns, watching the caravan fade into the distance. She looks over at the skydancer, not having expected the older dragon actually listening to her. A bit bewildered by the fact that her mother hadn't even asked if he'd seen her. "Um...thanks for your silence. I guess." She gives an uneasy smile, clearly not feeling great full enough for much to actually practice her apologizing skills. She drags herself the rest of the way out, her armbands catching and getting caught in the thick brambles as she does so. When she pulls herself free, nothing adorns her arms but those horrible scars, it's hard to tell what made them but it seems to be a mix of both extensive burns and many, many cuts. Upon realizing that her birdskulls have come off she reaches back into the thorns, grabbing the armbands and reopening a couple of the 'fresher' scars in the process. She fumbles with putting it back on, speaking without looking at the others. "So, we gonna go kill these centaurs or what?" She doesn't seem ashamed of her scars, not really, but it does seem like a somewhat, touchy subject. Who that ridgeback is and why she's seemingly running from them still a mystery as Malykri waits for their responses, jaw set angrily, like she's thinking about some bad memory.
@raisingcain @windywillow

16251459_350.png

Malykri peeks out of the thorns, watching the caravan fade into the distance. She looks over at the skydancer, not having expected the older dragon actually listening to her. A bit bewildered by the fact that her mother hadn't even asked if he'd seen her. "Um...thanks for your silence. I guess." She gives an uneasy smile, clearly not feeling great full enough for much to actually practice her apologizing skills.

She drags herself the rest of the way out, her armbands catching and getting caught in the thick brambles as she does so. When she pulls herself free, nothing adorns her arms but those horrible scars, it's hard to tell what made them but it seems to be a mix of both extensive burns and many, many cuts. Upon realizing that her birdskulls have come off she reaches back into the thorns, grabbing the armbands and reopening a couple of the 'fresher' scars in the process.

She fumbles with putting it back on, speaking without looking at the others. "So, we gonna go kill these centaurs or what?" She doesn't seem ashamed of her scars, not really, but it does seem like a somewhat, touchy subject. Who that ridgeback is and why she's seemingly running from them still a mystery as Malykri waits for their responses, jaw set angrily, like she's thinking about some bad memory.
@WindyWillow @Lopai {{yep, I love it when suddenly the plot is that much thicker than it was a post ago! and 'Fin can be a bit hopeless. . .}}

Inordinately pleased by the Skydancer's sudden enthusiasm and highly amused by the Ridgeback's blustering curses and funny threats, 'Fin barely manages to step out of the incoming travelers' line of sight quickly enough. He is enough of a tactician, though, to realize that they both know these lands better than him, and there must be a reason the Ridgeback does not wish her presence announced. Just in case, he steps away, managing to have hidden his shining armor in the treeline by the time the caravan passes.

He notes with approval the way Maliect diffuses suspicion by assuming the manner of a care-worn traveler, though he does not care for the way the travelers eye the dark dragon with such petty malice. Rude, and uncalled-for! He is considering the merits of stepping forward when the Skydancer's bird does his work for him, swooping down and scaring the caravan away before the whispers become something more ominous. And good riddance.

Although, speaking of ominous - why on earth had the Ridgeback (Mal, he reminds himself - the Lady Mal) been so adamant, as though she knew the travelers? 'Fin hadn't much liked the haughty look of them, and by his quiet snort, neither had Maliect - but the Lady Mal had seemed to hold some personal grievance. 'Fin watches more closely as the Ridgeback steps away from her hiding spot, brushing absently at scarred arms and broken jewelry as she re-emerges. Something is amiss here, something that even the prospect of beastclan-hunting cannot quite distract him from. .

"Are you well, Lady?" he asks gently. "Gods, 'Thel, I wish were here," he thinks - " you were always so much better at field medicine than I could ever be. . ."

Though the younger Ridgeback towers above him, 'Fin thinks nothing of stepping to her side to reach up and examine one of the cuts, noting with concern that it has started bleeding afresh, bits of dirt and foliage aggravating the small wound.

"It is not that I question your valor, Lady," he exclaims: "far from it! Indeed, I would see you healed that you might display it to your full advantage when we do take on that despicable lair!"

It's not that he's abandoned the hunt, 'Fin tells himself, and it's true - he does hate to see others in distress. And if he also manages to learn a little more about the Lady's distress, well, that's just a side advantage!

"See, 'Thel?" he asks his absent friend quietly. "No more recklessness, just as I promised!"
@WindyWillow @Lopai {{yep, I love it when suddenly the plot is that much thicker than it was a post ago! and 'Fin can be a bit hopeless. . .}}

Inordinately pleased by the Skydancer's sudden enthusiasm and highly amused by the Ridgeback's blustering curses and funny threats, 'Fin barely manages to step out of the incoming travelers' line of sight quickly enough. He is enough of a tactician, though, to realize that they both know these lands better than him, and there must be a reason the Ridgeback does not wish her presence announced. Just in case, he steps away, managing to have hidden his shining armor in the treeline by the time the caravan passes.

He notes with approval the way Maliect diffuses suspicion by assuming the manner of a care-worn traveler, though he does not care for the way the travelers eye the dark dragon with such petty malice. Rude, and uncalled-for! He is considering the merits of stepping forward when the Skydancer's bird does his work for him, swooping down and scaring the caravan away before the whispers become something more ominous. And good riddance.

Although, speaking of ominous - why on earth had the Ridgeback (Mal, he reminds himself - the Lady Mal) been so adamant, as though she knew the travelers? 'Fin hadn't much liked the haughty look of them, and by his quiet snort, neither had Maliect - but the Lady Mal had seemed to hold some personal grievance. 'Fin watches more closely as the Ridgeback steps away from her hiding spot, brushing absently at scarred arms and broken jewelry as she re-emerges. Something is amiss here, something that even the prospect of beastclan-hunting cannot quite distract him from. .

"Are you well, Lady?" he asks gently. "Gods, 'Thel, I wish were here," he thinks - " you were always so much better at field medicine than I could ever be. . ."

Though the younger Ridgeback towers above him, 'Fin thinks nothing of stepping to her side to reach up and examine one of the cuts, noting with concern that it has started bleeding afresh, bits of dirt and foliage aggravating the small wound.

"It is not that I question your valor, Lady," he exclaims: "far from it! Indeed, I would see you healed that you might display it to your full advantage when we do take on that despicable lair!"

It's not that he's abandoned the hunt, 'Fin tells himself, and it's true - he does hate to see others in distress. And if he also manages to learn a little more about the Lady's distress, well, that's just a side advantage!

"See, 'Thel?" he asks his absent friend quietly. "No more recklessness, just as I promised!"
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23