Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP with prizes, TEMP HIATUS
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23
aaaaand i'm opening this thread for a new game! PLEASE read through revised rules and new game (all on first page), and ping me in this thread if you want to play this week!

ping for previously interested users: @Lopai @Redamancy @Bushyxtail @Annekin
aaaaand i'm opening this thread for a new game! PLEASE read through revised rules and new game (all on first page), and ping me in this thread if you want to play this week!

ping for previously interested users: @Lopai @Redamancy @Bushyxtail @Annekin
kJ7P36i.png 899b13958bd8dd6201cfc8808fbe7689b2ce2e3d.pngKDzH3q9.png
@RaisingCain: {{Ooh, thank you! This was a lot of fun! :3 }}
@RaisingCain: {{Ooh, thank you! This was a lot of fun! :3 }}
33vzuwj.jpg________ 2nh2l4z.png
@RaisingCain

{I'd love to join!}
@RaisingCain

{I'd love to join!}
B18_L2.pngscript2.pngmSV3YQy.pngZoKUZoU.pngudvBp0Z.pngl13_book.pngB18_R2.png
DPSlXho.png

xxxxxx_f2u__crown_by_gayb0t-db4bqar.png
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifscript
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifthey/them
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdesign studentsmall_blinking_text_cursor_by_neripixu-d6lwqe9.gif

xxxxxxart shop // accents // tumblr
@Windywillow

{{awesome! we're just waiting on one more person now!}}
@Windywillow

{{awesome! we're just waiting on one more person now!}}
@raisingcain

{{I'd like to join please}}
@raisingcain

{{I'd like to join please}}
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@Lopai

{{awesome! that's two players now, so I'll put up this week's game in a moment!}}
@Lopai

{{awesome! that's two players now, so I'll put up this week's game in a moment!}}
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18168849] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/181689/18168849_350.png[/img] [/url] [left][font=papyrus] [size=6]muse: 'Fin, captain and guardsman [/size][/left] When 'Fin sets out, there's a set of orders burning a hole in his pack - 'scout out the closest beastclan's location but do not engage them, Glorfindel' blah dee dah de DAH - and a highly unsatisfying mental argument with his sadly-absent best friend running through his head. Really, 'Fin decides, he's planning how he might justify himself to Ecthelion if for some reason he has to engage with the beastclan after all. "Nonsense. Not the orders, 'Thel, the idea of needing them - I was dying to get out of that musty camp and his glorious highness knew it. Yes, I'm sure I'm being rude; no, do you imagine I care? 'Scout, Glorfindel' - do I look like a scout? I'm a warrior, the best we have, and he knows it. This is a waste of my time, and I don't care who knows it. I'm bored, my friend. My head might implode from the pressure." Unfortunately, 'Thel isn't here to tell him off, though. Too bad - 'Fin would have liked to have some company when he inevitably stirs up some trouble. And of course there's also the small matter of the ridiculous headpiece he's supposed to be wearing - as 'representative of our faction pride' or some such hooey. Naturally, he was planning to get rid of that ornate headache as soon as he found a reasonable means of doing so. [left][font=papyrus] [size=6]Prizes up for grabs, game Feb. 7-Feb. 14 [/size][/left] [item=diaphanous sylvan headpiece] [left][font=papyrus] [size=6]RP'ers this game[/size][/left] [left][font=gabriola][size=6] @Windywillow, @Lopai [/font] {{and here's an ooc note for contrast! I'm leaving for work in a bit, but i look forward to RP'ing with you this week. Please include a picture of your muse/RP'ing dragon with your first post, and let me know if you have any questions - maybe the best dragon win :D }}

18168849_350.png

muse: 'Fin, captain and guardsman

When 'Fin sets out, there's a set of orders burning a hole in his pack - 'scout out the closest beastclan's location but do not engage them, Glorfindel' blah dee dah de DAH - and a highly unsatisfying mental argument with his sadly-absent best friend running through his head. Really, 'Fin decides, he's planning how he might justify himself to Ecthelion if for some reason he has to engage with the beastclan after all.

"Nonsense. Not the orders, 'Thel, the idea of needing them - I was dying to get out of that musty camp and his glorious highness knew it. Yes, I'm sure I'm being rude; no, do you imagine I care? 'Scout, Glorfindel' - do I look like a scout? I'm a warrior, the best we have, and he knows it. This is a waste of my time, and I don't care who knows it. I'm bored, my friend. My head might implode from the pressure."

Unfortunately, 'Thel isn't here to tell him off, though. Too bad - 'Fin would have liked to have some company when he inevitably stirs up some trouble. And of course there's also the small matter of the ridiculous headpiece he's supposed to be wearing - as 'representative of our faction pride' or some such hooey. Naturally, he was planning to get rid of that ornate headache as soon as he found a reasonable means of doing so.

Prizes up for grabs, game Feb. 7-Feb. 14
Diaphanous Sylvan Headpiece

RP'ers this game
@Windywillow, @Lopai

{{and here's an ooc note for contrast! I'm leaving for work in a bit, but i look forward to RP'ing with you this week. Please include a picture of your muse/RP'ing dragon with your first post, and let me know if you have any questions - maybe the best dragon win :D }}
@raisingcain

{{hmm...who to choose...I think I'll go with Malykri (or maybe Zyaxa? I don't know, too many dragons), I do have a couple questions though, one, what is a muse? (nervous laughter) and can we reference/have our other dragons sort of be npcs or something? Also is there any particular setting?}}
@raisingcain

{{hmm...who to choose...I think I'll go with Malykri (or maybe Zyaxa? I don't know, too many dragons), I do have a couple questions though, one, what is a muse? (nervous laughter) and can we reference/have our other dragons sort of be npcs or something? Also is there any particular setting?}}
dct6cq2-114b1547-3fa8-4b5c-94f0-0fef4947daf3.png
@RaisingCain @Lopai {Have a [s]charming[/s] Mercenary! He has a rather extensive bio, one of the first I wrote on this site. Maliect has a rather special place in my heart, and so I use him a lot across my many Roleplays.^^} [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14934031] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/149341/14934031_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Maliect[/b]-[i]Mercenary-Asexual-Arcane[/i] Maliect was alone. He preferred it to be that way; the less mindless chattering and gossip and foolishness he is subjected to, the more he could focus on the task at hand. Besides, his clan leaders were getting a bit concerned on the number of...incidents that happen to the dragon who accompanies the blind Skydancer. But he wasn't a part of the clan. Not technically. So the Council could do nothing but frown, shake their heads, and recommend the others to not approach Maliect when he does not want to enjoy the company of others. The broodmothers could not take any action expect to keep their hatchlings away and shoot him glares full of venom. "How droll." He said to himself, a rather unsettling grin plastered onto his face, "It's almost as if they are trying to get rid of me." [i]Caw-caw-caw![/i] A hoarse voice of a Death Seeker snapped the Skydancer out of his musings. His blank eyes narrowed slightly. "Fly ahead, and show me what lies in my way." he told the bird, quietly. Their eyes met for a moment, a piercing red against the sightless white. The bird lifted itself into the sky, and soared ahead. Maliect stealthily extended his own, tattered wings, and with two flaps, alighted himself onto the branch of a gnarled tree. He was by no means incapable or disabled. Not at all. The Skydancer had a way with the monstrous Death Seekers. They come to him, and he bends them to his will. He sees through their many eyes, hears through their countless ears, scream death upon his enemies from their foul beaks. Making sure he was a good distance away from the potential threat, Maliect focused his energy on the bird. He wanted a good visual. Through the eyes of the bird, Maliect saw him. The Wildclaw, bedecked in gold armor. The Skydancder scoffed, greatly amused at what he saw. "Why, it appears the Arcane are not the only ones lacking in a sense of taste. That fellow wears gold like it's going out of style!" The bird swung around for another pass. "And [i]what[/i] do we have here?" Maliect said to himself, eyes widening in delight, "Is that a [i]flower-crown[/i]? What an interesting choice of armor...for a sissy!"
@RaisingCain
@Lopai
{Have a charming Mercenary! He has a rather extensive bio, one of the first I wrote on this site. Maliect has a rather special place in my heart, and so I use him a lot across my many Roleplays.^^}

14934031_350.png

Maliect-Mercenary-Asexual-Arcane

Maliect was alone. He preferred it to be that way; the less mindless chattering and gossip and foolishness he is subjected to, the more he could focus on the task at hand. Besides, his clan leaders were getting a bit concerned on the number of...incidents that happen to the dragon who accompanies the blind Skydancer.

But he wasn't a part of the clan. Not technically. So the Council could do nothing but frown, shake their heads, and recommend the others to not approach Maliect when he does not want to enjoy the company of others. The broodmothers could not take any action expect to keep their hatchlings away and shoot him glares full of venom.
"How droll." He said to himself, a rather unsettling grin plastered onto his face, "It's almost as if they are trying to get rid of me."

Caw-caw-caw!
A hoarse voice of a Death Seeker snapped the Skydancer out of his musings. His blank eyes narrowed slightly.
"Fly ahead, and show me what lies in my way." he told the bird, quietly. Their eyes met for a moment, a piercing red against the sightless white. The bird lifted itself into the sky, and soared ahead.
Maliect stealthily extended his own, tattered wings, and with two flaps, alighted himself onto the branch of a gnarled tree. He was by no means incapable or disabled. Not at all. The Skydancer had a way with the monstrous Death Seekers. They come to him, and he bends them to his will. He sees through their many eyes, hears through their countless ears, scream death upon his enemies from their foul beaks.
Making sure he was a good distance away from the potential threat, Maliect focused his energy on the bird. He wanted a good visual.

Through the eyes of the bird, Maliect saw him. The Wildclaw, bedecked in gold armor. The Skydancder scoffed, greatly amused at what he saw. "Why, it appears the Arcane are not the only ones lacking in a sense of taste. That fellow wears gold like it's going out of style!"
The bird swung around for another pass.
"And what do we have here?" Maliect said to himself, eyes widening in delight, "Is that a flower-crown? What an interesting choice of armor...for a sissy!"
B18_L2.pngscript2.pngmSV3YQy.pngZoKUZoU.pngudvBp0Z.pngl13_book.pngB18_R2.png
DPSlXho.png

xxxxxx_f2u__crown_by_gayb0t-db4bqar.png
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifscript
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifthey/them
xxxxxxarrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifdesign studentsmall_blinking_text_cursor_by_neripixu-d6lwqe9.gif

xxxxxxart shop // accents // tumblr
[quote name="Lopai" date=2016-02-07 12:16:31] {{hmm...who to choose...I think I'll go with Malykri (or maybe Zyaxa? I don't know, too many dragons), I do have a couple questions though, one, what is a muse? (nervous laughter) and can we reference/have our other dragons sort of be npcs or something? Also is there any particular setting?}} [/quote] @Lopai {{questions are always good! A muse [s]a term adopted from tumblr roleplay-specific blogs[/s] is a playable character, for lack of a better term - I use "Muse" in my dragons' bios in case anyone ever wants to know which ones I RP with! (more on this in rules on first page of the thread!) And sure, it's fine if you want your muse to refer to other dragons, or some shared history with them - actually this happened a lot in last week's game, which turned out really well. And for setting, we kind of figure that out, and our various muses' compatibilites or spats or what have you, all as we go! Windywillow actually has an awesome example right above this, and I'll have another example up soon!}}
Lopai wrote on 2016-02-07:

@Lopai
{{questions are always good! A muse a term adopted from tumblr roleplay-specific blogs is a playable character, for lack of a better term - I use "Muse" in my dragons' bios in case anyone ever wants to know which ones I RP with! (more on this in rules on first page of the thread!) And sure, it's fine if you want your muse to refer to other dragons, or some shared history with them - actually this happened a lot in last week's game, which turned out really well. And for setting, we kind of figure that out, and our various muses' compatibilites or spats or what have you, all as we go! Windywillow actually has an awesome example right above this, and I'll have another example up soon!}}
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22 23