Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Masquerade (OPEN!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15
@LittleDoctor

Sky: Human Tagged: Hael

Skylar smiled back at the man, watching him take note of his missing eye. The man, who revealed himself to be Red, quickly took his attention off his eye and focused on the one that can see, while rubbing his hand against a scar of his own. "Thanks" he found himself saying, "Most people back home call my Sky, though" He smiled and listened to the man as he spoke. "Yea, I got invited and came, though my mother was furious I even considered it." he said, seeming to stare right through Red as he spoke, remembering his mother's face as he told her he wanted to go to the masquerade. He cleared his throat, snapping back to reality and pointing to his missing eye "Got attacked by a hybrid when I was little, mother hasn't liked them much since." he said, realizing after he had said it that he revealed his human status. Trying to play it off cool, he immediately jumped back into Red's conversation "But yea, I usually don't like large crowds either." he finished speaking, feeling a lump in his throat as he waited for a brawl to break out. What if this man was a hybrid who would kill him now that he knew he was human? He stood silently and waited to hear what Red would say.

(Ash is still open to anyone)
@LittleDoctor

Sky: Human Tagged: Hael

Skylar smiled back at the man, watching him take note of his missing eye. The man, who revealed himself to be Red, quickly took his attention off his eye and focused on the one that can see, while rubbing his hand against a scar of his own. "Thanks" he found himself saying, "Most people back home call my Sky, though" He smiled and listened to the man as he spoke. "Yea, I got invited and came, though my mother was furious I even considered it." he said, seeming to stare right through Red as he spoke, remembering his mother's face as he told her he wanted to go to the masquerade. He cleared his throat, snapping back to reality and pointing to his missing eye "Got attacked by a hybrid when I was little, mother hasn't liked them much since." he said, realizing after he had said it that he revealed his human status. Trying to play it off cool, he immediately jumped back into Red's conversation "But yea, I usually don't like large crowds either." he finished speaking, feeling a lump in his throat as he waited for a brawl to break out. What if this man was a hybrid who would kill him now that he knew he was human? He stood silently and waited to hear what Red would say.

(Ash is still open to anyone)
3qKDKeH.png
(@LeviathanScream my character and your character meet up, maybe?)
As Kristy was walking home, she heard what sounded like... A human's voice? Quickly, she turned around and drew her sword. "Who's there?" She challenged an enemy that she knew may not actually be there. Slowly, she stepped toward the forest. "Show yourself!" She shouted. Kristy scanned the forest, and shifted her ears to pick up any other sounds that may give her a hint to the enemy's location.
(@LeviathanScream my character and your character meet up, maybe?)
As Kristy was walking home, she heard what sounded like... A human's voice? Quickly, she turned around and drew her sword. "Who's there?" She challenged an enemy that she knew may not actually be there. Slowly, she stepped toward the forest. "Show yourself!" She shouted. Kristy scanned the forest, and shifted her ears to pick up any other sounds that may give her a hint to the enemy's location.
Espresso%20Icon.png Kristy/Kris
she/her
Adult
+1 FR time
Please ping me! I may miss your reply/message if you don't.
@littledoctor @vanquished

Elvera, Female, Wolf-Hybrid

"Yes, I'm curious too..."she spoke as she stepped between a few people, leaning her weight to one leg as she lift her glass casually, her free arm gently crossing over the lifted one. "Elvera Vortivello, pleasure to make your interruption,"she chortled before glancing between the two curiously, her brow arching in the slightest as she took in their scents curiously.
@littledoctor @vanquished

Elvera, Female, Wolf-Hybrid

"Yes, I'm curious too..."she spoke as she stepped between a few people, leaning her weight to one leg as she lift her glass casually, her free arm gently crossing over the lifted one. "Elvera Vortivello, pleasure to make your interruption,"she chortled before glancing between the two curiously, her brow arching in the slightest as she took in their scents curiously.
tVRq6jk.pngg0hFCu8.pnghmeUSax.png4c85ct1.png
@steampunkdragon

"It's only another person," Zarath answered nonchalantly, picking up the squirrel. He was her best friend, and had rare speckles of golden fur on him. "Don't be so hostile," and with that, her best friend barked, trying to sound cool, but sounded more like the baby he is. ((I gtg soon))
@steampunkdragon

"It's only another person," Zarath answered nonchalantly, picking up the squirrel. He was her best friend, and had rare speckles of golden fur on him. "Don't be so hostile," and with that, her best friend barked, trying to sound cool, but sounded more like the baby he is. ((I gtg soon))
@Jenkow,
.:Hael, Male, Hybrid:.
Tagged: Skylar

Hael froze for a moment, his wings involuntarily twitching in anxiety when he realized what Sky had just told him. He's a human. He knew it shouldn't bother him. Seth was a human. His adopted parents were humans...but still. He knew them. This was a complete stranger. A stranger who had bad past experiences with hybrids...He cast his gaze around, finding Seth standing with a woman near the drinks table. I've got your back. He didn't have to worry. If things went bad, Seth was there.

But there was no way that this man could know he was a hybrid. Hoping that Sky hadn't seen his wings move, Hael continued, trying not to sound as scared as he suddenly felt. "I'm sorry to hear that. About being attacked and all. Is that how..." he trailed off, gesturing to his eye.

Suddenly realizing he was asking too personal questions for a first meeting, Hael quickly blurted out, "Sorry, that was rude." He countered quickly, shaking his head. "Forget I said anything." He glanced back at Sky. He wanted to ask if the man disliked hybrids, too, but he felt it was too risky right now. Trying to change the subject, Hael asked, "So, back home they call you Sky, huh? Is home anywhere interesting?"
@Jenkow,

Hael froze for a moment, his wings involuntarily twitching in anxiety when he realized what Sky had just told him. He's a human. He knew it shouldn't bother him. Seth was a human. His adopted parents were humans...but still. He knew them. This was a complete stranger. A stranger who had bad past experiences with hybrids...He cast his gaze around, finding Seth standing with a woman near the drinks table. I've got your back. He didn't have to worry. If things went bad, Seth was there.

But there was no way that this man could know he was a hybrid. Hoping that Sky hadn't seen his wings move, Hael continued, trying not to sound as scared as he suddenly felt. "I'm sorry to hear that. About being attacked and all. Is that how..." he trailed off, gesturing to his eye.

Suddenly realizing he was asking too personal questions for a first meeting, Hael quickly blurted out, "Sorry, that was rude." He countered quickly, shaking his head. "Forget I said anything." He glanced back at Sky. He wanted to ask if the man disliked hybrids, too, but he felt it was too risky right now. Trying to change the subject, Hael asked, "So, back home they call you Sky, huh? Is home anywhere interesting?"
Previously: LittleDoctor
GamzP1L.gif
Kristy let out an ear bleeding screech. "SSSKKRRREEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" After about a minute of this, she tackled Zarath. "What are you doing in MY forest, touching MY creatures, criticizing MY personality?!" She yelled. "And why, may I ask, are you even in here? Little girls like you should be prancing around in flower fields, chasing butterflies, and making wishes on ladybugs. GO! Leave my domain!!"
Kristy let out an ear bleeding screech. "SSSKKRRREEEAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" After about a minute of this, she tackled Zarath. "What are you doing in MY forest, touching MY creatures, criticizing MY personality?!" She yelled. "And why, may I ask, are you even in here? Little girls like you should be prancing around in flower fields, chasing butterflies, and making wishes on ladybugs. GO! Leave my domain!!"
Espresso%20Icon.png Kristy/Kris
she/her
Adult
+1 FR time
Please ping me! I may miss your reply/message if you don't.
@LittleDoctor

Sky: human Tagged: Hael

Sky noticed a change in the man's attitude and could feel his own emotions fading as well. He heard the man ask about his eye, then withdraw the question as soon as it had registered in Sky's mind. "Nah, I don't mind the personal question, I get asked what happens so often it's almost difficult to not tell everyone I meet" he said, a smile reappearing on his face. "It was this huge bear hybrid woman, I was gathering some firewood for my parents when I was little and she came out and got a good whack in with a more bear-than-human hand, taking my eye out before I could scramble back to the camp." he said, his voice holding a bit of an irish accent as he spoke. "But when I think back on it, I think I saw some little cub hybrids not too far behind the woman, so I think she was just protecting her own. Can't blame the woman for that" he finished. He knew that a bear would do anything to protect her cubs, as would a human mother for her children, he imagined a bear hybrid woman would get both of those characteristics and be even worse when it came to worrying about her young.
He smiled at Red, hoping to have calmed any fears he had, whether he be hybrid or human, and answered his other question. "Home isn't too interesting, though I suppose anyone would say that about the town they live in. It's nothing special, though. Where do you come from?" he asked, hoping he wasn't being rude.
@LittleDoctor

Sky: human Tagged: Hael

Sky noticed a change in the man's attitude and could feel his own emotions fading as well. He heard the man ask about his eye, then withdraw the question as soon as it had registered in Sky's mind. "Nah, I don't mind the personal question, I get asked what happens so often it's almost difficult to not tell everyone I meet" he said, a smile reappearing on his face. "It was this huge bear hybrid woman, I was gathering some firewood for my parents when I was little and she came out and got a good whack in with a more bear-than-human hand, taking my eye out before I could scramble back to the camp." he said, his voice holding a bit of an irish accent as he spoke. "But when I think back on it, I think I saw some little cub hybrids not too far behind the woman, so I think she was just protecting her own. Can't blame the woman for that" he finished. He knew that a bear would do anything to protect her cubs, as would a human mother for her children, he imagined a bear hybrid woman would get both of those characteristics and be even worse when it came to worrying about her young.
He smiled at Red, hoping to have calmed any fears he had, whether he be hybrid or human, and answered his other question. "Home isn't too interesting, though I suppose anyone would say that about the town they live in. It's nothing special, though. Where do you come from?" he asked, hoping he wasn't being rude.
3qKDKeH.png
@Vanquished, @ElveraBasilisk,
.:Seth, Male, Human:.
Tagged: Ashanti, Elvera

Seth started, almost spilling his glass and choking on his drink as another woman, smaller than Ashanti, suddenly appeared, seemingly from nowhere. Seth noticed that her eyes were golden, similar to Hael's. A hybrid? "Uh, hey," Seth chocked, coughing as the liquid slid down the wrong pipe. He coughed a few times more before trying again. "Hi," he said, more clearly. "I'm Seth. Nice to meet you."
@Vanquished, @ElveraBasilisk,
.:Seth, Male, Human:.
Tagged: Ashanti, Elvera

Seth started, almost spilling his glass and choking on his drink as another woman, smaller than Ashanti, suddenly appeared, seemingly from nowhere. Seth noticed that her eyes were golden, similar to Hael's. A hybrid? "Uh, hey," Seth chocked, coughing as the liquid slid down the wrong pipe. He coughed a few times more before trying again. "Hi," he said, more clearly. "I'm Seth. Nice to meet you."
GamzP1L.gif
@GraceGlaceon
@ElveraBasilisk

Percy ( Talking to Grace ) - 17 - Male - ( Blackneck ) Goat - Hybrid

Percy was taken aback a bit, seeing Grace's reaction. Did he startle her, or was she just really shy?
" Considering the fact that she's in a rabbit costume, I'm going to assume that she's trying to portray herself as shy. That being said, what does being a goat like me give off? " He shook the thought to respond to her.
" Grace? That's an appropriate name, especially with your graceful costume. " He gave a friendly smile, trying hard not to wag his tail. That would be a dead giveaway that he's a hybrid!
" I'm honestly really impressed with everyone's outfits. They're much better than what I remember from the last time I came to one of these masquerades. " Just then, he thought of an engaging question.
" Speaking of which, is this your first time at one of these masquerades? You seem awfully nervous. " He gave Grace a look of concern, though the expression might've been unclear because of his mask.
@GraceGlaceon
@ElveraBasilisk

Percy ( Talking to Grace ) - 17 - Male - ( Blackneck ) Goat - Hybrid

Percy was taken aback a bit, seeing Grace's reaction. Did he startle her, or was she just really shy?
" Considering the fact that she's in a rabbit costume, I'm going to assume that she's trying to portray herself as shy. That being said, what does being a goat like me give off? " He shook the thought to respond to her.
" Grace? That's an appropriate name, especially with your graceful costume. " He gave a friendly smile, trying hard not to wag his tail. That would be a dead giveaway that he's a hybrid!
" I'm honestly really impressed with everyone's outfits. They're much better than what I remember from the last time I came to one of these masquerades. " Just then, he thought of an engaging question.
" Speaking of which, is this your first time at one of these masquerades? You seem awfully nervous. " He gave Grace a look of concern, though the expression might've been unclear because of his mask.
Forum-Signature.png
((I feel like I'm spamming this poor thread with two characters at once. I'm very sorry for this))

@Jenkow,

Hael straightened a little when Sky didn't seem to mind the question. Hael was surprised, though, when Sky actually answered him. "Oh, wow," Hael said. "That's really awful." Especially being so little... Hael couldn't remember when his parents got in the fight with the humans. He had been so small...

He was lost in his own thoughts and it was a moment before he registered Sky's question. He quickly remembered to blink, something Seth had warned him to do. I used to live a few towns over. Maybe two, two and a half hours away, give or take. When we lost our mother a little while back, my brother and I started wandering. Wherever we could find rent for cheap. But back home, real home, it was nice. A nice town. Quiet. Not a lot of fighting or turf wars." He smiled, thinking back. "A good place to raise kids. No need to worry about them getting involved in something they shouldn't be."
((I feel like I'm spamming this poor thread with two characters at once. I'm very sorry for this))

@Jenkow,

Hael straightened a little when Sky didn't seem to mind the question. Hael was surprised, though, when Sky actually answered him. "Oh, wow," Hael said. "That's really awful." Especially being so little... Hael couldn't remember when his parents got in the fight with the humans. He had been so small...

He was lost in his own thoughts and it was a moment before he registered Sky's question. He quickly remembered to blink, something Seth had warned him to do. I used to live a few towns over. Maybe two, two and a half hours away, give or take. When we lost our mother a little while back, my brother and I started wandering. Wherever we could find rent for cheap. But back home, real home, it was nice. A nice town. Quiet. Not a lot of fighting or turf wars." He smiled, thinking back. "A good place to raise kids. No need to worry about them getting involved in something they shouldn't be."
GamzP1L.gif
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15