Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private RP] Quest Three [B]
1 2 3 4
@SocialBookWorm [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19875776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198758/19875776_350.png[/img] [/url] He shook his head immediately at the prospect of having to fly somewhere. He technically didn't know how to fly. He knew how to get off the ground, but that was about it. The rest was him frantically flapping, guessing at what he was supposed to do next, and ultimately crashing to the ground. "I don't know if that's the best idea..." He trailed off. He didn't know anything about the area. Was it necessary for him to fly? Or was it just convenient? He didn't know the layout of the land, if she was talking about an island or a place far from here, or how far exactly he'd need to fly to reach it. Looking down to his claws, he nodded in submission. "Okay." He was going to make a fool of himself. But he hoped that in the process he wouldn't hurt anything but his dignity. He didn't want to refuse her invitation, though, as much as his lack of skill embarrassed him. [/quote]
@SocialBookWorm
Quote:

19875776_350.png

He shook his head immediately at the prospect of having to fly somewhere. He technically didn't know how to fly. He knew how to get off the ground, but that was about it. The rest was him frantically flapping, guessing at what he was supposed to do next, and ultimately crashing to the ground.
"I don't know if that's the best idea..." He trailed off. He didn't know anything about the area. Was it necessary for him to fly? Or was it just convenient? He didn't know the layout of the land, if she was talking about an island or a place far from here, or how far exactly he'd need to fly to reach it.
Looking down to his claws, he nodded in submission.
"Okay." He was going to make a fool of himself. But he hoped that in the process he wouldn't hurt anything but his dignity. He didn't want to refuse her invitation, though, as much as his lack of skill embarrassed him.
64529339_l3StYNzoSRHJlDx.png
@Mockshade

Phillipa narrowed her eyes at him, remembering the awkward attempt at flying she had seen earlier.

"....You do know how to fly, right?" she asked. "The Cloudsong is almost impossible to reach if you can't."

She didn't want him to injure himself trying to reach the lair. Batman, secret softy he was, especially for hatchlings, would kill her.
@Mockshade

Phillipa narrowed her eyes at him, remembering the awkward attempt at flying she had seen earlier.

"....You do know how to fly, right?" she asked. "The Cloudsong is almost impossible to reach if you can't."

She didn't want him to injure himself trying to reach the lair. Batman, secret softy he was, especially for hatchlings, would kill her.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@SocialBookWorm [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19875776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198758/19875776_350.png[/img] [/url] After a pause of hanging his head in shame and embarrassment, he shook his head again. "I know how to flap my wings and I know the basic concept, but I've never [i]successfully[/i] flown." He stressed the word, feeling small amounts of bitterness build up in his chest. His siblings could fly, some had teachers. He had been around flying dragons his entire life, yet he was the only flightless one. His dark green eyes rose to try and meet hers, to gauge her reaction. His tail swept elegantly out behind him, his ears moving back to listen for her familiar if it chirped again. He had heard it urge her earlier but hadn't thought much about it. Had the sprite been listening to everything? Was it something he should have been more aware of? He cursed his ignorance and constant barrage of self-speculation. [/quote]
@SocialBookWorm
Quote:

19875776_350.png

After a pause of hanging his head in shame and embarrassment, he shook his head again.
"I know how to flap my wings and I know the basic concept, but I've never successfully flown." He stressed the word, feeling small amounts of bitterness build up in his chest. His siblings could fly, some had teachers. He had been around flying dragons his entire life, yet he was the only flightless one.

His dark green eyes rose to try and meet hers, to gauge her reaction. His tail swept elegantly out behind him, his ears moving back to listen for her familiar if it chirped again. He had heard it urge her earlier but hadn't thought much about it. Had the sprite been listening to everything? Was it something he should have been more aware of? He cursed his ignorance and constant barrage of self-speculation.
@Mockshade

Philippa sighed, her tail flipping in thought. Mentally, she felt stirrings of anger. At least in the Windsinger's realm, not teaching a hatchling was equal to telling them to roll over and die. Wind dragons were so connected to the sky and the wind that connected them to Windsinger, Phillipa couldn't imagine not being able to have that connection.

"Then it's a good thing we're in the Plains. I believe there's an old abandoned lair nearby that you could use until we teach you," she finally said, shaking herself out of her thoughts.
@Mockshade

Philippa sighed, her tail flipping in thought. Mentally, she felt stirrings of anger. At least in the Windsinger's realm, not teaching a hatchling was equal to telling them to roll over and die. Wind dragons were so connected to the sky and the wind that connected them to Windsinger, Phillipa couldn't imagine not being able to have that connection.

"Then it's a good thing we're in the Plains. I believe there's an old abandoned lair nearby that you could use until we teach you," she finally said, shaking herself out of her thoughts.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@SocialBookWorm [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19875776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198758/19875776_350.png[/img] [/url] His ears sprang up at her words, sending a jolt of surprise through him. His tail hit the ground behind him, parting the grass around the ornately decorated white and blue appendage. "Teach me?" He echoed. Not only was she willing to take him to an abandoned lair, a place for him to use temporarily, she was also willing to teach him? He fought down feelings of panic and exhilaration, instead putting on a pleasant, genuine smile for her. He didn't want to be a burden. He didn't want to turn out to be the unteachable. He didn't want to fail. But he had tried teaching himself, and it hadn't worked out well at all thus far. "I am in your debt. Where is this lair?" [/quote]
@SocialBookWorm
Quote:

19875776_350.png

His ears sprang up at her words, sending a jolt of surprise through him. His tail hit the ground behind him, parting the grass around the ornately decorated white and blue appendage.

"Teach me?" He echoed. Not only was she willing to take him to an abandoned lair, a place for him to use temporarily, she was also willing to teach him? He fought down feelings of panic and exhilaration, instead putting on a pleasant, genuine smile for her. He didn't want to be a burden. He didn't want to turn out to be the unteachable. He didn't want to fail. But he had tried teaching himself, and it hadn't worked out well at all thus far.

"I am in your debt. Where is this lair?"
@Mockshade

The Spiral smiled softly, "Yes, teach you. The lair is only a short distance south east from here. It isn't the best, but it will serve temporarily."

Her head tilted to the side in thought, "You will need some food of course, I believe we have extra in case you need it. Then if you end up wishing to stay with us, someone will need to teach you our traditions and beliefs."

The Spiral's tail lashed lazily behind her, "But we are getting ahead of ourselves. You will need to see our lair and the rest of the clan before you decide on joining."
@Mockshade

The Spiral smiled softly, "Yes, teach you. The lair is only a short distance south east from here. It isn't the best, but it will serve temporarily."

Her head tilted to the side in thought, "You will need some food of course, I believe we have extra in case you need it. Then if you end up wishing to stay with us, someone will need to teach you our traditions and beliefs."

The Spiral's tail lashed lazily behind her, "But we are getting ahead of ourselves. You will need to see our lair and the rest of the clan before you decide on joining."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@SocialBookWorm [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19875776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198758/19875776_350.png[/img] [/url] He looked in a South-easterly direction when the female mentioned which direction the lair was in, but saw nothing but rolling plains. She had said it wasn't far, but he didn't expect to be able to spot it from here. Still, he couldn't help himself but to look. As she went on, his attention snapped back to her. "Depending on this lair, I should be able to sustain myself." He was, in his own mind, an expert bug-catcher. He had managed to get this far just on bugs. Though the lair many not be able to boast a large enough insect population to sustain a growing Imperial hatchling. He could, however, find a lake in which to fish, hunt for small beasts of prey, or live off the of the grasses. He didn't much like greens, vegetables tasted like dirt in his opinion, but he could survive off of it. "Can we see this lair right now?" He asked, giving a bounce of excitement at the prospect of seeing his temporary new home. [/quote]
@SocialBookWorm
Quote:

19875776_350.png

He looked in a South-easterly direction when the female mentioned which direction the lair was in, but saw nothing but rolling plains. She had said it wasn't far, but he didn't expect to be able to spot it from here. Still, he couldn't help himself but to look. As she went on, his attention snapped back to her.

"Depending on this lair, I should be able to sustain myself." He was, in his own mind, an expert bug-catcher. He had managed to get this far just on bugs. Though the lair many not be able to boast a large enough insect population to sustain a growing Imperial hatchling. He could, however, find a lake in which to fish, hunt for small beasts of prey, or live off the of the grasses. He didn't much like greens, vegetables tasted like dirt in his opinion, but he could survive off of it.

"Can we see this lair right now?" He asked, giving a bounce of excitement at the prospect of seeing his temporary new home.
@Mockshade

"Of course," Phillipa said amused. Her winds flared to fly on instinct before she curled them into her back. Until he learned to fly, she would have to accommodate him.

"It was the first lair of the founder of our clan," she explained. "He dug it into the land by himself. Until he couldn't keep up with the growth of it and we moved to the Twisting Crescendo. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the tunnels and rooms have collapsed, but it was never meant to be a permenate lair."

She turned to her wind sprite, "Inform Pepper or Alfred where I am please."

The wind sprite chirped and hurried off, disappearing into the sky. Phillipa stopped in front of a large hole in the ground, almost like a cave. "This is it."
@Mockshade

"Of course," Phillipa said amused. Her winds flared to fly on instinct before she curled them into her back. Until he learned to fly, she would have to accommodate him.

"It was the first lair of the founder of our clan," she explained. "He dug it into the land by himself. Until he couldn't keep up with the growth of it and we moved to the Twisting Crescendo. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the tunnels and rooms have collapsed, but it was never meant to be a permenate lair."

She turned to her wind sprite, "Inform Pepper or Alfred where I am please."

The wind sprite chirped and hurried off, disappearing into the sky. Phillipa stopped in front of a large hole in the ground, almost like a cave. "This is it."
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
@SocialBookWorm [quote][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19875776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198758/19875776_350.png[/img] [/url] His ears burned as he watched Phillipa ready herself to fly before correcting herself to accommodate him. When they arrived, he looked into a dark, looming hold and swallowed hard. It was a little more intimidating than he had imagined, but he liked it. It had an important history and suited him just fine. When she shooed her sprite away, he turned to her. "Where did you find your familiar?" He asked. He'd never seen one such as hers before, though he knew about the concept of a dragon finding a beast to live loyally beside for it's life. [/quote]
@SocialBookWorm
Quote:

19875776_350.png

His ears burned as he watched Phillipa ready herself to fly before correcting herself to accommodate him.

When they arrived, he looked into a dark, looming hold and swallowed hard. It was a little more intimidating than he had imagined, but he liked it. It had an important history and suited him just fine.

When she shooed her sprite away, he turned to her. "Where did you find your familiar?" He asked. He'd never seen one such as hers before, though he knew about the concept of a dragon finding a beast to live loyally beside for it's life.
@Mockshade

Phillipa glanced at Lithonien, "We ran into each other." She didn't want to expand on the day that she had been kicked out of her first clan.

"One of the entourage of Windsinger himself," she said instead, hoping to spark his interest in a different area. "One of the most intelligent and loyal creatures in Sorneith."

She led the way into the lair, dragging her claws lightly against the dirt walls. She had never lived in this lair herself, but if she closed her eyes she could hear the chatter of her clanmates, arguing about trying to expand more or just move out. Batman's monotone always a contrast to KidFlash's cheer and Hawkeye's sarcasm.
@Mockshade

Phillipa glanced at Lithonien, "We ran into each other." She didn't want to expand on the day that she had been kicked out of her first clan.

"One of the entourage of Windsinger himself," she said instead, hoping to spark his interest in a different area. "One of the most intelligent and loyal creatures in Sorneith."

She led the way into the lair, dragging her claws lightly against the dirt walls. She had never lived in this lair herself, but if she closed her eyes she could hear the chatter of her clanmates, arguing about trying to expand more or just move out. Batman's monotone always a contrast to KidFlash's cheer and Hawkeye's sarcasm.
c46cAiS.png
l74MzJv.png
1 2 3 4