Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] 1x1
1 2 3 4 5 6
@LadyCascade

((No problem! School and time-budgeting is quite important, yes, so I understand. XD))

-

Vhalka had tensed his shoulders when the Imperial came charging at him, fully ready to react, but the Wildclaw's intervention had done exactly what it should have...or at least it seemed that way, so he just settled back down and kept his calm well enough. If he didn't have to fight, then he wouldn't, and he would only react what was done to him instead of initiating.

...Of course, he could tell that they still weren't happy with him. And though he couldn't blame them, he knew he'd be even more limited than before in finding who he was looking for.

"Very well. I'm in agreement," he replied to the male Imperial, inclining his head to both him and Lake. "I don't want to intrude any longer than I have to. One should be relatively easy to find; he's just a Skydancer in gold..."

He had trailed off suddenly, though, when he caught a glimpse of said gold above him. And right as he looked up, the Skydancer in question fell right onto his skull-mask with an obnoxious noise of metal on bone. "Yahh--!"

And Jaime just cursed in a way that likely would have gotten him a smack or a lecture out of his mother, if she had been there. He was picking himself up out of the snowdrift he had then fallen into after running into Vhalka, but Storm had really given him one nasty smack up there when he tried running again, and unfortunately, his attempts at dodging had all failed that time...
@LadyCascade

((No problem! School and time-budgeting is quite important, yes, so I understand. XD))

-

Vhalka had tensed his shoulders when the Imperial came charging at him, fully ready to react, but the Wildclaw's intervention had done exactly what it should have...or at least it seemed that way, so he just settled back down and kept his calm well enough. If he didn't have to fight, then he wouldn't, and he would only react what was done to him instead of initiating.

...Of course, he could tell that they still weren't happy with him. And though he couldn't blame them, he knew he'd be even more limited than before in finding who he was looking for.

"Very well. I'm in agreement," he replied to the male Imperial, inclining his head to both him and Lake. "I don't want to intrude any longer than I have to. One should be relatively easy to find; he's just a Skydancer in gold..."

He had trailed off suddenly, though, when he caught a glimpse of said gold above him. And right as he looked up, the Skydancer in question fell right onto his skull-mask with an obnoxious noise of metal on bone. "Yahh--!"

And Jaime just cursed in a way that likely would have gotten him a smack or a lecture out of his mother, if she had been there. He was picking himself up out of the snowdrift he had then fallen into after running into Vhalka, but Storm had really given him one nasty smack up there when he tried running again, and unfortunately, his attempts at dodging had all failed that time...
@dariiksnake ((holy hell, I'm so sorry! I didnt realise i had left this so long, i just forgot which is so bad of me, apologies!)

~

Storm circled above briefly before deciding to leave them, she had already fought one to many of her own clan mates and it was not something she enjoyed doing.
Lake had taken charge of the situation, leaving Flurry to watch the two visitors closely, ready to step in if needed.
She addressed the golden sky dancer, assessing his wounds.
"Are you ok? Do you need to rest, or do you think you can make the journey to find your friends? Nightfall is coming, so if we are going to act we should act quickly."

~

Frost came back with some food for them, and Hail was jittering with excitement.
"Guys! We have some news! We had one of our guards some back and she told us that she sighted two foreign dragons, i think they are looking for you!"

@dariiksnake ((holy hell, I'm so sorry! I didnt realise i had left this so long, i just forgot which is so bad of me, apologies!)

~

Storm circled above briefly before deciding to leave them, she had already fought one to many of her own clan mates and it was not something she enjoyed doing.
Lake had taken charge of the situation, leaving Flurry to watch the two visitors closely, ready to step in if needed.
She addressed the golden sky dancer, assessing his wounds.
"Are you ok? Do you need to rest, or do you think you can make the journey to find your friends? Nightfall is coming, so if we are going to act we should act quickly."

~

Frost came back with some food for them, and Hail was jittering with excitement.
"Guys! We have some news! We had one of our guards some back and she told us that she sighted two foreign dragons, i think they are looking for you!"

@LadyCascade

((No worries! :3))

-

Jaime just let out a quiet huff, turning his head to try and assess himself. The way his right wing was throbbing, though, was very much...not good, and he wasn't sure whether he could go and fly some long distance on it now. "Ahh...I need to find them." That much was certain.

And the Guardian just stayed close to him as well, though he had at least relaxed once Lake proved to be somewhat less agitated than the female Imperial that had just darted off. That...was good. He wasn't one for needless confrontations, himself, after all.

-

Karl just looked mildly confused by the way that Hail was suddenly so excited, but Thomas had perked up quickly at what she actually said. "Wait, is one of them a Skydancer?" He paused and pulled a little bit of a face. "Wears really fancy armor, probably verbally prodded someone into having a go at him...?"
@LadyCascade

((No worries! :3))

-

Jaime just let out a quiet huff, turning his head to try and assess himself. The way his right wing was throbbing, though, was very much...not good, and he wasn't sure whether he could go and fly some long distance on it now. "Ahh...I need to find them." That much was certain.

And the Guardian just stayed close to him as well, though he had at least relaxed once Lake proved to be somewhat less agitated than the female Imperial that had just darted off. That...was good. He wasn't one for needless confrontations, himself, after all.

-

Karl just looked mildly confused by the way that Hail was suddenly so excited, but Thomas had perked up quickly at what she actually said. "Wait, is one of them a Skydancer?" He paused and pulled a little bit of a face. "Wears really fancy armor, probably verbally prodded someone into having a go at him...?"
@dariiksnake

~

It was a long march on foot. Lake advised Jamie to walk with her instead of fly, just to ere on the side of caution, after all, they had quiet a length to travel to get home.
The other two scouted, flying out of sight, though frequently coming back to check on the two on the ground.
Lake attempted conversation as they walked, interested and curious about this skydancer, she always loved new comers, they all had a different story.
"I'm sure your clan is worried about them. Are you and these boys, uh, Thomas was it? And Karl, Are you close to them?"

~

Hail paused, and shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know fine details, all i know is that Storm came back after a rough fight, she said with a skydancer, who was all to ready to battle her anyway by the sounds of it."
Frost spoke up. "You have both been here for a while, how about stretching your legs and we can go on our own search party?"

@dariiksnake

~

It was a long march on foot. Lake advised Jamie to walk with her instead of fly, just to ere on the side of caution, after all, they had quiet a length to travel to get home.
The other two scouted, flying out of sight, though frequently coming back to check on the two on the ground.
Lake attempted conversation as they walked, interested and curious about this skydancer, she always loved new comers, they all had a different story.
"I'm sure your clan is worried about them. Are you and these boys, uh, Thomas was it? And Karl, Are you close to them?"

~

Hail paused, and shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know fine details, all i know is that Storm came back after a rough fight, she said with a skydancer, who was all to ready to battle her anyway by the sounds of it."
Frost spoke up. "You have both been here for a while, how about stretching your legs and we can go on our own search party?"

@LadyCascade

--

Jaime could at least still walk rather well, even if his wing was hurting, though he had to lightly prod Vhalka's nose away from him when the Guardian started to worry over him a bit too much. "I'm fine, I'm fine..."

"You're sure?"

"Yes, thank you." It wasn't that Jaime didn't understand why Vhalka was so concerned--being a Charge did that--but still, he never had liked being fussed over too much! But now he was getting questions from Lake, and he looked back over at her this time. "Yes, that's them...and you could say I took them in." He frowned a little, after a moment. "They had been wandering together for a while before they found us. Karl only told me that his last clan chased him out, and that he found Thomas while he was wandering around."

And he had never been told what the reason for that kicking out was, either. He wasn't sure if Karl himself even knew.

-

Thomas quickly got to his paws, but his companion just took his time and stretched out as much as he could in this particular space before speaking. "Mm, that sounds like Jaime..."

"Yeah, it does," the lighter Skydancer replied, and rather happily at that. "We should go find him. But uh..." He tilted his head. "Did he have a Guardian with him, by any chance?" That would definitely clinch it.
@LadyCascade

--

Jaime could at least still walk rather well, even if his wing was hurting, though he had to lightly prod Vhalka's nose away from him when the Guardian started to worry over him a bit too much. "I'm fine, I'm fine..."

"You're sure?"

"Yes, thank you." It wasn't that Jaime didn't understand why Vhalka was so concerned--being a Charge did that--but still, he never had liked being fussed over too much! But now he was getting questions from Lake, and he looked back over at her this time. "Yes, that's them...and you could say I took them in." He frowned a little, after a moment. "They had been wandering together for a while before they found us. Karl only told me that his last clan chased him out, and that he found Thomas while he was wandering around."

And he had never been told what the reason for that kicking out was, either. He wasn't sure if Karl himself even knew.

-

Thomas quickly got to his paws, but his companion just took his time and stretched out as much as he could in this particular space before speaking. "Mm, that sounds like Jaime..."

"Yeah, it does," the lighter Skydancer replied, and rather happily at that. "We should go find him. But uh..." He tilted his head. "Did he have a Guardian with him, by any chance?" That would definitely clinch it.
@dariiksnake ((Here we go, sorry for the wait, I'm terrible with this 'on time' thing, heh, sorry!))

~

"A Guardian? I don't think Storm saw a Guardian, though i think it is worth a trip anyway," Hail grinned, brimming with excitement, it is not often she strays far from the lair, and even less often that she helps in a search party of sorts.
"So lets go! We'll go over to the lake first and then go on from there!"

~

"Oh? So they'r wanderers? or they where. That is much like me i suppose, it explains how they managed to wander so far afield into these parts," She smiled, not sure if she should ask further questions. She decided to try the water anyway "Did they fit into your clan well?"
There was a shift in the air and Lake got a bad feeling all of a sudden. Not because of Thomas, but she expected they might be some unwelcome company coming.

((so there we go, sorry for the wait. Basically i was thinking that the shade mirrors might come back and then there'd be a final battle before they go home? i mean like, Karl and co would come across them as well, possibly they would be loosing the battle before they showed up and turned it around, what did you think?))
@dariiksnake ((Here we go, sorry for the wait, I'm terrible with this 'on time' thing, heh, sorry!))

~

"A Guardian? I don't think Storm saw a Guardian, though i think it is worth a trip anyway," Hail grinned, brimming with excitement, it is not often she strays far from the lair, and even less often that she helps in a search party of sorts.
"So lets go! We'll go over to the lake first and then go on from there!"

~

"Oh? So they'r wanderers? or they where. That is much like me i suppose, it explains how they managed to wander so far afield into these parts," She smiled, not sure if she should ask further questions. She decided to try the water anyway "Did they fit into your clan well?"
There was a shift in the air and Lake got a bad feeling all of a sudden. Not because of Thomas, but she expected they might be some unwelcome company coming.

((so there we go, sorry for the wait. Basically i was thinking that the shade mirrors might come back and then there'd be a final battle before they go home? i mean like, Karl and co would come across them as well, possibly they would be loosing the battle before they showed up and turned it around, what did you think?))
@LadyCascade

((Aah, s'all right, I've had a couple things get in my way lately, too. XD))

~~~

Thomas just bounced lightly on his paws for a moment before looking back at his companion. "We should go and see."

"We should..." The darker Skydancer was, at least, in agreement over that much, and he stretched out widely before nodding back to Hail. "I don't mind at least trying." They'd gain nothing if they just sat around all day!

-

Jaime lightly shrugged at that. "They were happy enough to try and fit into our clan, but...I assume they don't mind wandering, either." He was just impressed that dragons that young had even made it on their own for that long...and made it quite well, at that. "They fit in well enough that they're definitely being missed by more than just myself, that's for sure."

Vhalka, though, had started to sniff at the air, and the sense of dread that Lake was feeling was certainly being shared. "Something's coming." And not something good...

The distant shrieks and howls, though, made his point for him.

~~~

((Sounds good to me! c: ))
@LadyCascade

((Aah, s'all right, I've had a couple things get in my way lately, too. XD))

~~~

Thomas just bounced lightly on his paws for a moment before looking back at his companion. "We should go and see."

"We should..." The darker Skydancer was, at least, in agreement over that much, and he stretched out widely before nodding back to Hail. "I don't mind at least trying." They'd gain nothing if they just sat around all day!

-

Jaime lightly shrugged at that. "They were happy enough to try and fit into our clan, but...I assume they don't mind wandering, either." He was just impressed that dragons that young had even made it on their own for that long...and made it quite well, at that. "They fit in well enough that they're definitely being missed by more than just myself, that's for sure."

Vhalka, though, had started to sniff at the air, and the sense of dread that Lake was feeling was certainly being shared. "Something's coming." And not something good...

The distant shrieks and howls, though, made his point for him.

~~~

((Sounds good to me! c: ))
@dariiksnake

((Ok here we go, battle commenced, have fun :) )

~

The shade mirrors burst over the crest of a snowy hill, sending snow flying.
There where more than before, and they roared and dashed down the slope, aiming for the Wildclaw and the injured Skydancer.
Frothing at the mouth, fury in their eyes, they savagely lunged at the two.
Lake and Jaime knew it was futile to run, these beasts where quicker, so they took up arms and barred their teeth, snarling and preparing for the impact.
One of them went for Lake, who expertly clamped her jaws on its neck, though, busy with that one, another shade mirror attacked, raking its claws through her side.
Their other two companions came down like hammers on top of the group of Mirrors, joining in the fight.
Though it seemed to be the last fight they may ever have.
@dariiksnake

((Ok here we go, battle commenced, have fun :) )

~

The shade mirrors burst over the crest of a snowy hill, sending snow flying.
There where more than before, and they roared and dashed down the slope, aiming for the Wildclaw and the injured Skydancer.
Frothing at the mouth, fury in their eyes, they savagely lunged at the two.
Lake and Jaime knew it was futile to run, these beasts where quicker, so they took up arms and barred their teeth, snarling and preparing for the impact.
One of them went for Lake, who expertly clamped her jaws on its neck, though, busy with that one, another shade mirror attacked, raking its claws through her side.
Their other two companions came down like hammers on top of the group of Mirrors, joining in the fight.
Though it seemed to be the last fight they may ever have.
@LadyCascade

((:D))

--

Well, that was the exact last thing that Jaime wanted to see, particularly after he had screwed his wing up earlier. But when he heard the snarls and howls on the wind, he twisted so he could draw his blade with his jaws, keeping the hilt clamped firmly between his teeth while his claws started to spark with Lightning energy. Even the ache in his wing seemed to subside, then; there was only him, Lake, and Vhalka, all waiting for the storm to break upon them while his entire body shifted into a more ready stance...

He lunged right at the first Shade-Mirror to charge him, slicing with the blade and sinking his still-sparking claws into the next one that tried having a go at him, the Lightning-charged strike all but sending the enemy flying back from him. He couldn't fly right now, but he didn't need to, not with Mirrors--and ones so eager to come to him, at that.

Vhalka, in the meantime, just let out a harsh bellowing roar, and he barreled into an approaching chunk of the pack with all the sound and fury of an avalanche. He was at least far larger than his attackers, and he was so furious that he outright threw Mirrors off of him, lashing out with not just fang and claw, but sheer bulk, seemingly heedless of any injury he was sustaining...

-

The two Skydancers didn't need to be told where the fight was. They had both been able to hear it, from where they were flying.

"Ah, no," Thomas groaned, picking up the pace, but glancing over at his companion. "Okay, you go in and I'll hit 'em magically, like usual?"

But the darker Skydancer just nodded and folded his wings, going into a steep dive that abruptly ended with an intentional crash into the first Mirror he could find. Light energy seared around his claws and into his opponent, and he wasted no time in pushing off of one to launch himself into another with a ferocious cry, leaving the first behind to get slammed by a bolt of Light energy from the hovering mage.

They were going to fight this like it was their last. It might well be, if they didn't do good enough.
@LadyCascade

((:D))

--

Well, that was the exact last thing that Jaime wanted to see, particularly after he had screwed his wing up earlier. But when he heard the snarls and howls on the wind, he twisted so he could draw his blade with his jaws, keeping the hilt clamped firmly between his teeth while his claws started to spark with Lightning energy. Even the ache in his wing seemed to subside, then; there was only him, Lake, and Vhalka, all waiting for the storm to break upon them while his entire body shifted into a more ready stance...

He lunged right at the first Shade-Mirror to charge him, slicing with the blade and sinking his still-sparking claws into the next one that tried having a go at him, the Lightning-charged strike all but sending the enemy flying back from him. He couldn't fly right now, but he didn't need to, not with Mirrors--and ones so eager to come to him, at that.

Vhalka, in the meantime, just let out a harsh bellowing roar, and he barreled into an approaching chunk of the pack with all the sound and fury of an avalanche. He was at least far larger than his attackers, and he was so furious that he outright threw Mirrors off of him, lashing out with not just fang and claw, but sheer bulk, seemingly heedless of any injury he was sustaining...

-

The two Skydancers didn't need to be told where the fight was. They had both been able to hear it, from where they were flying.

"Ah, no," Thomas groaned, picking up the pace, but glancing over at his companion. "Okay, you go in and I'll hit 'em magically, like usual?"

But the darker Skydancer just nodded and folded his wings, going into a steep dive that abruptly ended with an intentional crash into the first Mirror he could find. Light energy seared around his claws and into his opponent, and he wasted no time in pushing off of one to launch himself into another with a ferocious cry, leaving the first behind to get slammed by a bolt of Light energy from the hovering mage.

They were going to fight this like it was their last. It might well be, if they didn't do good enough.
@dariiksnake

((Sorry, i've been away for a few days and ill be away for 2 more days, but it is under construction, i will have my part to you soon :) Its getting exciting, btw thanks for your patience))
@dariiksnake

((Sorry, i've been away for a few days and ill be away for 2 more days, but it is under construction, i will have my part to you soon :) Its getting exciting, btw thanks for your patience))
1 2 3 4 5 6