Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Private] 1x1
1 2 3 4 5 6
@LadyCascade ((Hope this works for you? c: )) The winds of the Southern Icefield howled and roared, driving the ceaseless snow ahead of them with a ferocity unmatched anywhere else in the world. It would be a harsh place, to any unprepared for its challenges and pitfalls...and it was hardly the place that anyone would expect a couple of Light dragons to be. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16085462] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160855/16085462_350.png[/img] [/url] The first was leading the way, but he was [i]tired[/i]. Karl's nerves were on edge far more than he would admit, and they [i]had[/i] been, ever since those Mirrors had ambushed them. Something about them had just been... He shook his head, dislodging the snow in his feathers, and he looked back at the other dragon flying behind him. He had to shout to be heard above the shrieking winds, however. "We need to land!" [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16081271] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/160813/16081271_350.png[/img] [/url] The other Skydancer, however, had already been thinking that for a while now. "I [i]know[/i]!" Walking didn't sound all that attractive, either, but the longer they tried flying in this snowstorm, the less appealing it was getting...even knowing that those bizarre Mirrors [i]had[/i] followed them even this far. For a while, he hadn't known if it was a trick of the wind or not, but those howls he kept hearing sounded less [i]natural[/i] by the minute, and they weren't going to do themselves any good by exhausting themselves flying, at this point, when they had already had to do it for so long to cross the water to get here. He came in to land behind his companion, but he landed with a way harder jolt than he had been bargaining for, and he almost faceplanted right into a snowdrift with a startled yelp. Even the little dragon-like robot that had been clinging to his mane nearly flew right off, letting out a series of startled beeps and whistles at him. However, neither of them considered that they were, most likely, being watched...and not just by their pursuers that they were striving so hard to get away from.
@LadyCascade

((Hope this works for you? c: ))

The winds of the Southern Icefield howled and roared, driving the ceaseless snow ahead of them with a ferocity unmatched anywhere else in the world. It would be a harsh place, to any unprepared for its challenges and pitfalls...and it was hardly the place that anyone would expect a couple of Light dragons to be.

16085462_350.png

The first was leading the way, but he was tired. Karl's nerves were on edge far more than he would admit, and they had been, ever since those Mirrors had ambushed them. Something about them had just been...

He shook his head, dislodging the snow in his feathers, and he looked back at the other dragon flying behind him. He had to shout to be heard above the shrieking winds, however. "We need to land!"

16081271_350.png

The other Skydancer, however, had already been thinking that for a while now. "I know!" Walking didn't sound all that attractive, either, but the longer they tried flying in this snowstorm, the less appealing it was getting...even knowing that those bizarre Mirrors had followed them even this far. For a while, he hadn't known if it was a trick of the wind or not, but those howls he kept hearing sounded less natural by the minute, and they weren't going to do themselves any good by exhausting themselves flying, at this point, when they had already had to do it for so long to cross the water to get here.

He came in to land behind his companion, but he landed with a way harder jolt than he had been bargaining for, and he almost faceplanted right into a snowdrift with a startled yelp. Even the little dragon-like robot that had been clinging to his mane nearly flew right off, letting out a series of startled beeps and whistles at him.

However, neither of them considered that they were, most likely, being watched...and not just by their pursuers that they were striving so hard to get away from.
(( @dariiksnake Yeah awesome, this is fine :D love your writing btw )) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16279984] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/162800/16279984_350.png[/img] [/url] The little Fae watched the two skydancers landing, heavily, from her perch on the crest of the snowy hill. She watched curiously as they regained their footing. They did not look like anything she has seen around here before, for both of them wore imposing armour, and one even had an odd little metal dragon with them. The dragon with the robotic companion caught her attention the most, for he sparked and surged with this electric power, and she could only guess that maybe he came from the lightning flight. The fae turned to her companion. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16358034] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/163581/16358034_350.png[/img] [/url] "Who do you think they are?" she asked. The Wildclaw shrugged her shoulders. "Beat's me, but they look weary, they would've had a long flight across the waters to get here." "Yes, but why would they come all this way?" The Wildclaw opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by an unholy howling sound. Both heads snapped up to the sky. Rather alarmed, they searched in vain for the source of the noise. The wildclaw grew anxious, she did not like the sound of whatever that was, and she turned to her friend. "Hail, i think there is danger coming, we should not be outside." Hail beat her wings and gestured towards the two other dragons. "Then they should not be outside either Frost! we should go to them!" Frost hesitated, all her instincts telling her to flee, but little Hail had already fluttered off towards the two strangers, and she could do nothing but follow.
(( @dariiksnake Yeah awesome, this is fine :D love your writing btw ))

16279984_350.png

The little Fae watched the two skydancers landing, heavily, from her perch on the crest of the snowy hill. She watched curiously as they regained their footing. They did not look like anything she has seen around here before, for both of them wore imposing armour, and one even had an odd little metal dragon with them.
The dragon with the robotic companion caught her attention the most, for he sparked and surged with this electric power, and she could only guess that maybe he came from the lightning flight.
The fae turned to her companion.

16358034_350.png

"Who do you think they are?" she asked.
The Wildclaw shrugged her shoulders. "Beat's me, but they look weary, they would've had a long flight across the waters to get here."
"Yes, but why would they come all this way?"
The Wildclaw opened her mouth to reply, but was interrupted by an unholy howling sound.
Both heads snapped up to the sky. Rather alarmed, they searched in vain for the source of the noise.
The wildclaw grew anxious, she did not like the sound of whatever that was, and she turned to her friend.
"Hail, i think there is danger coming, we should not be outside."
Hail beat her wings and gestured towards the two other dragons. "Then they should not be outside either Frost! we should go to them!"
Frost hesitated, all her instincts telling her to flee, but little Hail had already fluttered off towards the two strangers, and she could do nothing but follow.

@LadyCascade

((Why thank you, and I'm enjoying yours so far, too! c: ))

-

The darker Skydancer just groaned when he saw the other practically running headfirst into that snowdrift. "Thomas--"

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" The lighter one just got to his paws in a hurry, shaking off the snow that seemed all too insistent on sticking to his head-feathers. His main concern for a moment, though, was the machinery he was wearing; not that a little snow had been able to damage it, but he still thought he'd check. "They sound closer, don't they?"

"Yes, they--" But Karl caught a bit of movement out of the corner of his eye, as the Fae flitted towards them, and he tensed. They...had just ended up in someone else's territory, hadn't they? Great. Their luck was just fantastic today. He turned to face both the Fae and Wildclaw head-on, though. The other two at least needed to be aware that they had been spotted, right? And what could they want? If they were hostile...both he and his friend were very much caught between a rock and a hard place.
@LadyCascade

((Why thank you, and I'm enjoying yours so far, too! c: ))

-

The darker Skydancer just groaned when he saw the other practically running headfirst into that snowdrift. "Thomas--"

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" The lighter one just got to his paws in a hurry, shaking off the snow that seemed all too insistent on sticking to his head-feathers. His main concern for a moment, though, was the machinery he was wearing; not that a little snow had been able to damage it, but he still thought he'd check. "They sound closer, don't they?"

"Yes, they--" But Karl caught a bit of movement out of the corner of his eye, as the Fae flitted towards them, and he tensed. They...had just ended up in someone else's territory, hadn't they? Great. Their luck was just fantastic today. He turned to face both the Fae and Wildclaw head-on, though. The other two at least needed to be aware that they had been spotted, right? And what could they want? If they were hostile...both he and his friend were very much caught between a rock and a hard place.
@dariiksnake :)

~

One of the Skydancers turned head on to meet them, while the other assessed his machinery.
Hail was fearless, confidently fluttering right up to the Skydancer, without even a thought that perhaps, these dragons could be hostile.
Frost tensed, ready to spring to her friends side if one of them so much as snapped their teeth. She knew Hail was naive, always believing the best in others. One day she would get herself into trouble and she might not be there to help her.
Though, Hail had not a worry in the world as she started her chattering, her expressive crest moving and vibrating as she spoke.

"Hello! are you two lost? We saw you landing and i hope your strange little metal dragon is ok, I was just awfully worried you guys didn't know where you were going, can i help with anything?"

Frost frowned, she heard howls getting louder, and grew impatient and anxious.
Her urgency increased when she thought she saw something in amongst the clouds.
She hissed, just wanting to ditch the trespassers and flee to safety. Mist wasn't going to be happy with this, neither were the others. If they found her and Hail out here being friendly with these sky dancers-
she shivered at the thought.

@dariiksnake :)

~

One of the Skydancers turned head on to meet them, while the other assessed his machinery.
Hail was fearless, confidently fluttering right up to the Skydancer, without even a thought that perhaps, these dragons could be hostile.
Frost tensed, ready to spring to her friends side if one of them so much as snapped their teeth. She knew Hail was naive, always believing the best in others. One day she would get herself into trouble and she might not be there to help her.
Though, Hail had not a worry in the world as she started her chattering, her expressive crest moving and vibrating as she spoke.

"Hello! are you two lost? We saw you landing and i hope your strange little metal dragon is ok, I was just awfully worried you guys didn't know where you were going, can i help with anything?"

Frost frowned, she heard howls getting louder, and grew impatient and anxious.
Her urgency increased when she thought she saw something in amongst the clouds.
She hissed, just wanting to ditch the trespassers and flee to safety. Mist wasn't going to be happy with this, neither were the others. If they found her and Hail out here being friendly with these sky dancers-
she shivered at the thought.

@LadyCascade

---

That Fae was very...confident, wasn't she? Or unafraid, at the very least, to approach a couple of strange dragons that clearly didn't intend to be here. But any suspicious thoughts that Karl might have had about the pair were at least lessened once the smaller dragon started eagerly inquiring after their well-being, and though the disconnect between what he had been expecting and what he actually got had caught him off-guard, he wasn't willing to question a good thing right now. "We need to retreat. Shade-Mirrors."

The little mechanical dragon that had so far been clinging to Thomas' mane did take off again, though, and even if the wind was buffeting it around, it got up high enough, and what it saw sent it flying right back down again as it let out a series of urgent-sounding whistles and beeps. Even though it was completely incomprehensible to anyone else, however, the white Skydancer did seem to understand it, and his feathers bristled in fear. "They're here. We need to go--!"

A sudden roar cut him off, though, and a particularly speedy Mirror burst over the crest of one of the snowdrifts with another howl. And true to what Karl had said, it seemed absolutely covered in a pitch-black substance that writhed like a living thing, making its movements jerky and erratic.
@LadyCascade

---

That Fae was very...confident, wasn't she? Or unafraid, at the very least, to approach a couple of strange dragons that clearly didn't intend to be here. But any suspicious thoughts that Karl might have had about the pair were at least lessened once the smaller dragon started eagerly inquiring after their well-being, and though the disconnect between what he had been expecting and what he actually got had caught him off-guard, he wasn't willing to question a good thing right now. "We need to retreat. Shade-Mirrors."

The little mechanical dragon that had so far been clinging to Thomas' mane did take off again, though, and even if the wind was buffeting it around, it got up high enough, and what it saw sent it flying right back down again as it let out a series of urgent-sounding whistles and beeps. Even though it was completely incomprehensible to anyone else, however, the white Skydancer did seem to understand it, and his feathers bristled in fear. "They're here. We need to go--!"

A sudden roar cut him off, though, and a particularly speedy Mirror burst over the crest of one of the snowdrifts with another howl. And true to what Karl had said, it seemed absolutely covered in a pitch-black substance that writhed like a living thing, making its movements jerky and erratic.
@dariiksnake

~

The wildclaw did not waste a second.
She lunged, clearing the distance with ease upon her long legs. Greeting the first mirror with furious attacks, she snarled, teeth bared and snapping, feathers bristling.
The Mirror was blindsided, obviously it was solely focused on the two skydancers.
Swept off its feet, Frost bit into it, hard. It howled and yelped, but she made sure it was out of action for the next few minutes. More of them where cresting the hill, and Frost turned to the small group of dragons.
"Run!" she roared.
She grabbed Hail as she shot past, expecting the others to instinctively follow.
She headed for the clan, hoping the shade mirrors would catch them before then.

@dariiksnake

~

The wildclaw did not waste a second.
She lunged, clearing the distance with ease upon her long legs. Greeting the first mirror with furious attacks, she snarled, teeth bared and snapping, feathers bristling.
The Mirror was blindsided, obviously it was solely focused on the two skydancers.
Swept off its feet, Frost bit into it, hard. It howled and yelped, but she made sure it was out of action for the next few minutes. More of them where cresting the hill, and Frost turned to the small group of dragons.
"Run!" she roared.
She grabbed Hail as she shot past, expecting the others to instinctively follow.
She headed for the clan, hoping the shade mirrors would catch them before then.

@LadyCascade

-

That fight had happened so quickly that neither Skydancer even had time to react. And even once they could, there were so many Shade-Mirrors pouring over the hill that there was next to no chance that they could do anything about it.

And now that Frost had taken off and yelled at them to run, neither of them were willing to hesitate any further. Karl had moved first, bolting off after the Wildclaw with great speed, and his companion wasn't far behind. Said companion, however, had twisted around and lobbed a blast of light-magic at their pursuers, and he twisted back around to keep running without missing a beat.

Thomas figured it had been...worth a shot, anyway.
@LadyCascade

-

That fight had happened so quickly that neither Skydancer even had time to react. And even once they could, there were so many Shade-Mirrors pouring over the hill that there was next to no chance that they could do anything about it.

And now that Frost had taken off and yelled at them to run, neither of them were willing to hesitate any further. Karl had moved first, bolting off after the Wildclaw with great speed, and his companion wasn't far behind. Said companion, however, had twisted around and lobbed a blast of light-magic at their pursuers, and he twisted back around to keep running without missing a beat.

Thomas figured it had been...worth a shot, anyway.
@dariiksnake

~

There was an explosion of heat and brightness from behind them, which shocked Frost and spurred her on faster.
She does not know where the light came from, but she knew it was powerful light magic, probably colliding with the writhing shadows of the Shade mirrors, who of course, repel such light magic.
Hail was squirming in her hands, trying to break free, but Frost hung on for her own good.
The Shades were gaining on them, and they were no were near the clan yet.
She would have to think quickly.
"This way!" She yelled, steering sharply to the right, towards a huge frozen over lake.
"Listen! when we get to the edge of the lake, i want you two to launch into the air, hopefully they won't react quickly and will skid out onto the ice, breaking it. The freezing water will shock them and we can get away!"
They were getting incredibly close to the lake now, Hail was shouting incoherent things, but Frost had her heart in her mouth and all she was concerned about right now was getting rid of these damned shade parasites.

@dariiksnake

~

There was an explosion of heat and brightness from behind them, which shocked Frost and spurred her on faster.
She does not know where the light came from, but she knew it was powerful light magic, probably colliding with the writhing shadows of the Shade mirrors, who of course, repel such light magic.
Hail was squirming in her hands, trying to break free, but Frost hung on for her own good.
The Shades were gaining on them, and they were no were near the clan yet.
She would have to think quickly.
"This way!" She yelled, steering sharply to the right, towards a huge frozen over lake.
"Listen! when we get to the edge of the lake, i want you two to launch into the air, hopefully they won't react quickly and will skid out onto the ice, breaking it. The freezing water will shock them and we can get away!"
They were getting incredibly close to the lake now, Hail was shouting incoherent things, but Frost had her heart in her mouth and all she was concerned about right now was getting rid of these damned shade parasites.

@LadyCascade

-

Well, Thomas immediately knew that that hadn't helped as much as he intended, and he dared to take a quick peek back over his shoulder. A couple seemed to have been tossed off their paws by the force of the blow, but it wasn't nearly enough, and the remainder of them seemed to have had no problem with that Light magic at all.

They were running out of options, and out of time.

But as they turned, still chasing after the Wildclaw, they both heard what she had shouted, and Thomas yelled back. "Sounds like a long shot!"

"It's the only shot!" his companion yelled back, and he just pushed his remaining energy to the limit, sprinting pell-mell for the edge of the lake...

He shifted stance the moment his front paws slammed into the snow right at the edge of the lake, and he lunged up into the air, ignoring the deep-seated ache of protest in his wing muscles. And Thomas, at least, wasn't far behind, and he even set off the mechanojets on his rear legs as well, allowing him to change direction and fling himself upwards with startling speed and force.
@LadyCascade

-

Well, Thomas immediately knew that that hadn't helped as much as he intended, and he dared to take a quick peek back over his shoulder. A couple seemed to have been tossed off their paws by the force of the blow, but it wasn't nearly enough, and the remainder of them seemed to have had no problem with that Light magic at all.

They were running out of options, and out of time.

But as they turned, still chasing after the Wildclaw, they both heard what she had shouted, and Thomas yelled back. "Sounds like a long shot!"

"It's the only shot!" his companion yelled back, and he just pushed his remaining energy to the limit, sprinting pell-mell for the edge of the lake...

He shifted stance the moment his front paws slammed into the snow right at the edge of the lake, and he lunged up into the air, ignoring the deep-seated ache of protest in his wing muscles. And Thomas, at least, wasn't far behind, and he even set off the mechanojets on his rear legs as well, allowing him to change direction and fling himself upwards with startling speed and force.
@dariiksnake

~

Frost bounded once, bounded twice, over the lake, the force of her strides weakening the ice incredibly, if not breaking it in places herself.
She strained her wing muscles and propelled into the air with difficulty, but she did so just in the nick of time.
The single minded Mirror's did not think twice as they raced after her out onto the ice.
The ice shattered easily under their weight, and they plunged, screeching, into the paralysingly cold water.
As the Mirror's floundered around and shrieked, Frost beat her sore wings hastily and lead them away, wasting no time in getting back to their lair.
@dariiksnake

~

Frost bounded once, bounded twice, over the lake, the force of her strides weakening the ice incredibly, if not breaking it in places herself.
She strained her wing muscles and propelled into the air with difficulty, but she did so just in the nick of time.
The single minded Mirror's did not think twice as they raced after her out onto the ice.
The ice shattered easily under their weight, and they plunged, screeching, into the paralysingly cold water.
As the Mirror's floundered around and shrieked, Frost beat her sore wings hastily and lead them away, wasting no time in getting back to their lair.
1 2 3 4 5 6