Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Terrible Navigators [Private w/gemkid]
1 2 3 4 5
@gemkid

"You are absolutely terrible at this."

Light bared his teeth at the ground, head hanging low. The sun was beating down hard on his back and the backs of his two companions, although it barely compared to the verbal assault he was receiving.

"I mean, really. It's a simple scouting mission over the Sea of a Thousand Currents because the Water dragons are pushing in on Plague, and you somehow manage to loop around and lead us back towards the Windswept Plateau? I'd say that's a skill in and of itself." the purple Mirror to his left spat between pants.

"This is a stupid time to argue," Light snapped, alternating between opening his wings and closing them in an attempt to shade himself or stop them from burning.

The third Mirror sighed. "I don't arguing is helping, Cix."

"Neither is wandering aimlessly!" he snarled at the third, attempting to bite him.

Restless jumped back with a curse and Light swung around in time to smack Cix's head.

"By the Plaguebringer herself, just shut up," Light growled lowly. "It can't stay this hot forever. We'll see if we can find a clan to rest in, and then we'll leave once it cools down, in the evening."

"You really think your navigating skills are going to be better at night?" Cix asked, tone between incredulous and sarcasm.

Light growled at him one more time before turning and heading forward again. At this point, he wasn't sure if he was going deeper into the Windsinger's territory or not. It didn't really matter, though, as long as they could find shelter and someone who could point out one of the borders to him.

Probably.

Hopefully.

He shook the negative thoughts from his mind and glanced around the area, taking in any signs of dragons or Beastclan.
@gemkid

"You are absolutely terrible at this."

Light bared his teeth at the ground, head hanging low. The sun was beating down hard on his back and the backs of his two companions, although it barely compared to the verbal assault he was receiving.

"I mean, really. It's a simple scouting mission over the Sea of a Thousand Currents because the Water dragons are pushing in on Plague, and you somehow manage to loop around and lead us back towards the Windswept Plateau? I'd say that's a skill in and of itself." the purple Mirror to his left spat between pants.

"This is a stupid time to argue," Light snapped, alternating between opening his wings and closing them in an attempt to shade himself or stop them from burning.

The third Mirror sighed. "I don't arguing is helping, Cix."

"Neither is wandering aimlessly!" he snarled at the third, attempting to bite him.

Restless jumped back with a curse and Light swung around in time to smack Cix's head.

"By the Plaguebringer herself, just shut up," Light growled lowly. "It can't stay this hot forever. We'll see if we can find a clan to rest in, and then we'll leave once it cools down, in the evening."

"You really think your navigating skills are going to be better at night?" Cix asked, tone between incredulous and sarcasm.

Light growled at him one more time before turning and heading forward again. At this point, he wasn't sure if he was going deeper into the Windsinger's territory or not. It didn't really matter, though, as long as they could find shelter and someone who could point out one of the borders to him.

Probably.

Hopefully.

He shook the negative thoughts from his mind and glanced around the area, taking in any signs of dragons or Beastclan.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Elaine flew over the green cliffs of the Windswept Plateau, which were currently orange-tinted from the setting sun. Her companions, Sugilite and Lapis Lazuli, flew alongside her, surveying the area.

"Do we really have to go on these patrols every day?" Sugilite groaned, pearl clutched tightly to her chest.

Elaine nodded, too focused on the ground and surrounding sky to give a verbal answer. Sugilite sighed, and looked towards the earth, where something caught her eye.

"Look, there." She said. Both Elaine and Lapis looked to the earth, where a trio of Mirror dragons walked.

Lapis narrowed her green-blue eyes. "I didn't know there were Mirrors living around here."

"There aren't." Sugilite answered. "Elaine! What should we--"

By then, Elaine was already diving towards the ground, to land in front of the miniature troupe. Sugilite and Lapis Lazuli followed close behind.

@StopTheBats

Elaine flew over the green cliffs of the Windswept Plateau, which were currently orange-tinted from the setting sun. Her companions, Sugilite and Lapis Lazuli, flew alongside her, surveying the area.

"Do we really have to go on these patrols every day?" Sugilite groaned, pearl clutched tightly to her chest.

Elaine nodded, too focused on the ground and surrounding sky to give a verbal answer. Sugilite sighed, and looked towards the earth, where something caught her eye.

"Look, there." She said. Both Elaine and Lapis looked to the earth, where a trio of Mirror dragons walked.

Lapis narrowed her green-blue eyes. "I didn't know there were Mirrors living around here."

"There aren't." Sugilite answered. "Elaine! What should we--"

By then, Elaine was already diving towards the ground, to land in front of the miniature troupe. Sugilite and Lapis Lazuli followed close behind.

8F1OwDu.png
D91RBvR.pnghe/him/his or xe/xem/xyr, pleaseOY3P2op.png
@gemkid

Light looked up just as Elaine swooped down and jumped back, his reflexes from years of fighting and once defending his own clan allowing him to dodge.

Cix darted forward with bared teeth and a low growl. Light hissed at him and he shrunk back.

Restless mostly looked annoyed.

Light cleared his throat, voice surprisingly even as he spoke. "Good... afternoon. I apologize if we've wandered into your lands - you see, we're a little lost."

Cix stared at him. A greeting like that in the Wasteland was basically an invitation to being kidnapped or killed for food. Restless didn't look bothered, however.
@gemkid

Light looked up just as Elaine swooped down and jumped back, his reflexes from years of fighting and once defending his own clan allowing him to dodge.

Cix darted forward with bared teeth and a low growl. Light hissed at him and he shrunk back.

Restless mostly looked annoyed.

Light cleared his throat, voice surprisingly even as he spoke. "Good... afternoon. I apologize if we've wandered into your lands - you see, we're a little lost."

Cix stared at him. A greeting like that in the Wasteland was basically an invitation to being kidnapped or killed for food. Restless didn't look bothered, however.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Sugilite, always being the disagreeable type, was quick to jump forward. Elaine, however, pushed her gently aside with a wing. Though she maintained a friendly appearance, she was very much on guard, and flicked her tail at Lapis, as if to say, Be ready to fight.

"Where do you come from?" She asked, bluntly. Elaine spread her wings just-so, so she'd appear a bit bigger than the already was. She was not in the mood to fight, and knew that her clan would be needing a leader. One cannot lead if she is mortally wounded.

Sugilite stood to Elaine's left, and Lapis Lazuli to her right. Both of them were on guard; Sugilite was bearing her fangs, in an attempt to frighten the intruders into submission.
@StopTheBats

Sugilite, always being the disagreeable type, was quick to jump forward. Elaine, however, pushed her gently aside with a wing. Though she maintained a friendly appearance, she was very much on guard, and flicked her tail at Lapis, as if to say, Be ready to fight.

"Where do you come from?" She asked, bluntly. Elaine spread her wings just-so, so she'd appear a bit bigger than the already was. She was not in the mood to fight, and knew that her clan would be needing a leader. One cannot lead if she is mortally wounded.

Sugilite stood to Elaine's left, and Lapis Lazuli to her right. Both of them were on guard; Sugilite was bearing her fangs, in an attempt to frighten the intruders into submission.
8F1OwDu.png
@gemkid

Light shared a quick look with Restless, who wordlessly nodded.

Truth be told, Light didn't trust any of the Gladar. But out of all the Gladar, Restless was rather intelligent, and had a better sense of self-preservation than most. And the Gladar were experts in manipulation.

Which meant that hopefully telling these Wind dragons their homeland would be safe.

"The Scarred Wasteland," Light said, not backing down, looking Elaine right in the eyes. "Near the edge of the Sea. We were heading out over the Sea to check up on a few things and... ended up lost."

"No thanks to you," Cix mumbled, and Light shot him a glare.
@gemkid

Light shared a quick look with Restless, who wordlessly nodded.

Truth be told, Light didn't trust any of the Gladar. But out of all the Gladar, Restless was rather intelligent, and had a better sense of self-preservation than most. And the Gladar were experts in manipulation.

Which meant that hopefully telling these Wind dragons their homeland would be safe.

"The Scarred Wasteland," Light said, not backing down, looking Elaine right in the eyes. "Near the edge of the Sea. We were heading out over the Sea to check up on a few things and... ended up lost."

"No thanks to you," Cix mumbled, and Light shot him a glare.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

((Oh my gosh I had a whole thing written and then the page refused to load when I submitted.))

Elaine turned her face to the sky. It's getting dark, and quickly at that..., she thought. After a moment's consideration, she turned her attention back to the Mirrors.

"If it suits you, you're more than welcome to stay in our lair for the night. In such tense times, it's rather dangerous for a group such as yours to wander here at night."

Sugilite guffawed in disbelief. "Elaine, you can't be serious!"

Lapis shot her a look, and Sugilite immediately hushed. She had seen what Lapis Lazuli could do to a dragon twice her size. She didn't want to know what she'd so to one who wasn't even half as large as she.
@StopTheBats

((Oh my gosh I had a whole thing written and then the page refused to load when I submitted.))

Elaine turned her face to the sky. It's getting dark, and quickly at that..., she thought. After a moment's consideration, she turned her attention back to the Mirrors.

"If it suits you, you're more than welcome to stay in our lair for the night. In such tense times, it's rather dangerous for a group such as yours to wander here at night."

Sugilite guffawed in disbelief. "Elaine, you can't be serious!"

Lapis shot her a look, and Sugilite immediately hushed. She had seen what Lapis Lazuli could do to a dragon twice her size. She didn't want to know what she'd so to one who wasn't even half as large as she.
8F1OwDu.png
@gemkid ((that's why i always copy everything i've written before i hit submit, it's happened to me LOADS of times))

Light's eyes flicked from Elaine to Lapis. "Thank you, although if we're intruding, I'd rather we not eat up your hospitality. I don't think our clan would like us to be gone for long - we wouldn't need to spend the entire night."

That was kind of a lie. He wouldn't be able to lead them in the nighttime.

Damn Cix.

"Excuse me," Restless began politely, stepping forward. "Where is the border of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents?"
@gemkid ((that's why i always copy everything i've written before i hit submit, it's happened to me LOADS of times))

Light's eyes flicked from Elaine to Lapis. "Thank you, although if we're intruding, I'd rather we not eat up your hospitality. I don't think our clan would like us to be gone for long - we wouldn't need to spend the entire night."

That was kind of a lie. He wouldn't be able to lead them in the nighttime.

Damn Cix.

"Excuse me," Restless began politely, stepping forward. "Where is the border of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents?"
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

((The more you know))

Elaine relaxed her stance, but Sugilite and Lapis remained on guard. "Just a few kilometers north of here, the sea begins. But please, I insist you come back to our lair. You won't be able to lead your clan-mates in the dark, much less over an entire sea." She offered a soft smile, gazing at them with motherly eyes.

Lapis Lazuli looked at her leader. As one of the clan's eldest members, she had near-equal authority to Elaine. And now, she chose to exercise it.

"Elaine, are you sure this is safe? We don't know these dragons..."

The Skydancer smiled at her partner. "Do not fear; Fire Opal is on duty tonight. Nothing can happen." Satisfied, Lapis simply nodded.
@StopTheBats

((The more you know))

Elaine relaxed her stance, but Sugilite and Lapis remained on guard. "Just a few kilometers north of here, the sea begins. But please, I insist you come back to our lair. You won't be able to lead your clan-mates in the dark, much less over an entire sea." She offered a soft smile, gazing at them with motherly eyes.

Lapis Lazuli looked at her leader. As one of the clan's eldest members, she had near-equal authority to Elaine. And now, she chose to exercise it.

"Elaine, are you sure this is safe? We don't know these dragons..."

The Skydancer smiled at her partner. "Do not fear; Fire Opal is on duty tonight. Nothing can happen." Satisfied, Lapis simply nodded.
8F1OwDu.png
@gemkid

Light glanced back at Restless.

He nodded.

"Alright. Thank you. We'll leave as soon as morning breaks." he blinked his upper set of eyes and his tongue flicked out to wet the lower. "Your generosity is appreciated."

Cix mumbled something and Restless elbowed him harshly, glaring. Cix glared back, but didn't attempt to engage the other Mirror further.

Light nearly groaned. It would be a long night, in this unfamiliar territory, in this unfamiliar clan. The other two dragons definitely didn't trust them. And, really, there was no reason to trust them.

This 'Elaine' Skydancer reminded him of Erwin in a way. Nice for the sake of being nice.
@gemkid

Light glanced back at Restless.

He nodded.

"Alright. Thank you. We'll leave as soon as morning breaks." he blinked his upper set of eyes and his tongue flicked out to wet the lower. "Your generosity is appreciated."

Cix mumbled something and Restless elbowed him harshly, glaring. Cix glared back, but didn't attempt to engage the other Mirror further.

Light nearly groaned. It would be a long night, in this unfamiliar territory, in this unfamiliar clan. The other two dragons definitely didn't trust them. And, really, there was no reason to trust them.

This 'Elaine' Skydancer reminded him of Erwin in a way. Nice for the sake of being nice.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Elaine nodded, and turned. "Come along, then." She took off. Her duo of companions followed just a few meters behind, to ensure the Mirrors wouldn't get lost.

"Hey, Lapis... Do you really think this is a good idea?" Sugilite inquired. "I mean, I know Elaine is usually right about these things, but.."

"Hush, child." Her superior spoke. "Elaine is right, everything will be fine. I'm sure of it."

Sugilite felt uneasy, but thought it best not to push the Imperial too hard. Lapis is right, she thought, trying to convince herself. We'll be okay. She glanced back, to make sure the Mirrors were following.
@StopTheBats

Elaine nodded, and turned. "Come along, then." She took off. Her duo of companions followed just a few meters behind, to ensure the Mirrors wouldn't get lost.

"Hey, Lapis... Do you really think this is a good idea?" Sugilite inquired. "I mean, I know Elaine is usually right about these things, but.."

"Hush, child." Her superior spoke. "Elaine is right, everything will be fine. I'm sure of it."

Sugilite felt uneasy, but thought it best not to push the Imperial too hard. Lapis is right, she thought, trying to convince herself. We'll be okay. She glanced back, to make sure the Mirrors were following.
8F1OwDu.png
1 2 3 4 5