Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Just a Small Town Cult [private]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@munbird

Sparkles startled, Zach paled at the noise of the gunshot. The fallen angel caught on quickly what the noise was, and when Bentley moved, so too did he. Sparkles bounded forward as well, sniffing Spalding's body. "Zach..."

The fallen angel swallowed hard, rubbing his hands against his coat and kneeling down next to Spalding. "Come on, don't die." Zach hissed softly, ignoring Bentley for now as he called upon his magic. It wasn't as pure as a true angel's would be--and he would be having a nasty headache later--but maybe he'd be able to save Spalding.

"I don't think it's gonna be any use, Chirpy...He's as good as dead."
@munbird

Sparkles startled, Zach paled at the noise of the gunshot. The fallen angel caught on quickly what the noise was, and when Bentley moved, so too did he. Sparkles bounded forward as well, sniffing Spalding's body. "Zach..."

The fallen angel swallowed hard, rubbing his hands against his coat and kneeling down next to Spalding. "Come on, don't die." Zach hissed softly, ignoring Bentley for now as he called upon his magic. It wasn't as pure as a true angel's would be--and he would be having a nasty headache later--but maybe he'd be able to save Spalding.

"I don't think it's gonna be any use, Chirpy...He's as good as dead."
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

"Stop!" Bentley's voice was harsh, a bit hoarse. "Have sone respect for th' dead... let him be." He gave Zach a looj, before dualing 911. There wad a pause before he spje again. "Yeah, hi, I need'a speak to Logan... thanks... Hey, Logan. Yeah, you need t' get t' Mr. Spalding's place... Yeah you ain't gonna like this."
@Carnifex

"Stop!" Bentley's voice was harsh, a bit hoarse. "Have sone respect for th' dead... let him be." He gave Zach a looj, before dualing 911. There wad a pause before he spje again. "Yeah, hi, I need'a speak to Logan... thanks... Hey, Logan. Yeah, you need t' get t' Mr. Spalding's place... Yeah you ain't gonna like this."
@munbird

Zach tossed Bentley a dirty look, but the magic wasn't taking. "C'mon, Chirpy. Get up. S'not gonna work."

The fallen angel shuddered. It wasn't that he hadn't seen dead people before, and he'd had to kill his own fair share of people to survive. But Spalding had been in the other room, he could have done something to save him.

"You barely knew him." Sparkles pointed out, rolling his eyes. "Get up." The hellhound flicked his attention to Bentley, "It's probably for the best if we wait outside." The mutt shrugged, making his way to the door, making sure Zach was following after.
@munbird

Zach tossed Bentley a dirty look, but the magic wasn't taking. "C'mon, Chirpy. Get up. S'not gonna work."

The fallen angel shuddered. It wasn't that he hadn't seen dead people before, and he'd had to kill his own fair share of people to survive. But Spalding had been in the other room, he could have done something to save him.

"You barely knew him." Sparkles pointed out, rolling his eyes. "Get up." The hellhound flicked his attention to Bentley, "It's probably for the best if we wait outside." The mutt shrugged, making his way to the door, making sure Zach was following after.
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

"I... yeah, I guess." Bentley paused, staring at the body a moment before following. It wasn't too long before two police cars were at the house; when one of the men got out of the car, the family resemblance was too clear for it to be anyone but one of the exorcist's relatives. "Zach, this's my brother, Logan. Police chief O'Connor." The man was somewhat older than Bentley, by a few years, with an almost stereotypical moustache and coiffed hair.

"G'day," he said, giving Zach a nod before going to ask his brother a few questions. Once that was sorted, he and a couple of officers entered the house, and Bentley turned to Zach.

"Looks like this's a bigger issue than I thought."
@Carnifex

"I... yeah, I guess." Bentley paused, staring at the body a moment before following. It wasn't too long before two police cars were at the house; when one of the men got out of the car, the family resemblance was too clear for it to be anyone but one of the exorcist's relatives. "Zach, this's my brother, Logan. Police chief O'Connor." The man was somewhat older than Bentley, by a few years, with an almost stereotypical moustache and coiffed hair.

"G'day," he said, giving Zach a nod before going to ask his brother a few questions. Once that was sorted, he and a couple of officers entered the house, and Bentley turned to Zach.

"Looks like this's a bigger issue than I thought."
@munbird

"Was nothing you could have done, Chirpy." Sparkles said quietly when they got outside. "Would've taken nothing short of a miracle to bring back the guy."

"Yeah, yeah." Zach replied despondently, but when he heard Bentley come out, he straightened and kept quiet. Sparkles made a quiet noise of concern and comfort, settling in to watch and listen as the police cars came and the officers arrived.

Zach had made something akin to a nod of greeting at Logan's hello, but was still quiet when Bentley spoke again.

"You think?" Sparkles said at Bentley's comment. "That was just about our only potential lead, too. This whole nice and easy and subtle thing isn't exactly going as planned. I'm tellin' you, I can track down those missing people. That's what we're made for."
@munbird

"Was nothing you could have done, Chirpy." Sparkles said quietly when they got outside. "Would've taken nothing short of a miracle to bring back the guy."

"Yeah, yeah." Zach replied despondently, but when he heard Bentley come out, he straightened and kept quiet. Sparkles made a quiet noise of concern and comfort, settling in to watch and listen as the police cars came and the officers arrived.

Zach had made something akin to a nod of greeting at Logan's hello, but was still quiet when Bentley spoke again.

"You think?" Sparkles said at Bentley's comment. "That was just about our only potential lead, too. This whole nice and easy and subtle thing isn't exactly going as planned. I'm tellin' you, I can track down those missing people. That's what we're made for."
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

"Whatever this is, we do not wanna just go bargin' in on it," Bentley said. He sighed, and sat down on the edge of the sidewalk, eyes on the police cars in front of the house though he wasn't really paying attention to them. "Track down th' people, yeah, but we ain't goin' in where they're at without a plan o' some kind."

After a moment, Logan came back out of the house, and walked over to Bentley.

"Didn't say anythin' that would'a let y'on t' what he was gonna do, eh?" Bentley nodded, standing up and brushing at the back of his pants. Logan sighed, shaking his head. "Damn shame... he was a good man. Figure maybe it had t' do with his wife, least that's th' best guess we got."
@Carnifex

"Whatever this is, we do not wanna just go bargin' in on it," Bentley said. He sighed, and sat down on the edge of the sidewalk, eyes on the police cars in front of the house though he wasn't really paying attention to them. "Track down th' people, yeah, but we ain't goin' in where they're at without a plan o' some kind."

After a moment, Logan came back out of the house, and walked over to Bentley.

"Didn't say anythin' that would'a let y'on t' what he was gonna do, eh?" Bentley nodded, standing up and brushing at the back of his pants. Logan sighed, shaking his head. "Damn shame... he was a good man. Figure maybe it had t' do with his wife, least that's th' best guess we got."
@munbird

Sparkles snapped in return, "It's not like we have any other leads, though. Unless you can think of anyone else in this town who might have an id--" He cut himself off as Logan walked outside, huffing.

@munbird

Sparkles snapped in return, "It's not like we have any other leads, though. Unless you can think of anyone else in this town who might have an id--" He cut himself off as Logan walked outside, huffing.

JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

"Thanks Logan," Bentley said quietly, watching his older brother get back in his car and drive off; the other officers lingered to take care of the body and whatever else needed to be done. Bentley, meanwhile, stood up, looking pretty shaken. "I might know a couple other people who can help... work contacts, so t' speak." There was something in his tone implying he didn't particularly want to go through with that idea, though there wasn't much choice at this point.
@Carnifex

"Thanks Logan," Bentley said quietly, watching his older brother get back in his car and drive off; the other officers lingered to take care of the body and whatever else needed to be done. Bentley, meanwhile, stood up, looking pretty shaken. "I might know a couple other people who can help... work contacts, so t' speak." There was something in his tone implying he didn't particularly want to go through with that idea, though there wasn't much choice at this point.
@munbird

The pair watched the body go--Sparkles seemed rather indifferent, instead pacing impatiently as he waited for them to begin the hunt proper. Sitting and sulking over a dead guy wasn't going to change the fact he was dead, and there could be more dead people if they didn't do something, right? Made sense to the demon.

Zach was a bit more sympathetic, watching Bentley with concern. "You don't look too good." He said softly. "Maybe we should regroup, try again tomorrow."
@munbird

The pair watched the body go--Sparkles seemed rather indifferent, instead pacing impatiently as he waited for them to begin the hunt proper. Sitting and sulking over a dead guy wasn't going to change the fact he was dead, and there could be more dead people if they didn't do something, right? Made sense to the demon.

Zach was a bit more sympathetic, watching Bentley with concern. "You don't look too good." He said softly. "Maybe we should regroup, try again tomorrow."
JXVUomh.png
@Carnifex

"Uhm... yeah, maybe." Bentley rubbed at his eye, glancing around a moment. "I guess I should sleep... you two got a place t' stay? I know there's an ol' motel in town but it ain't too glamorous. I mean, not that my place's any better, but it's got less bugs. Usually."
@Carnifex

"Uhm... yeah, maybe." Bentley rubbed at his eye, glancing around a moment. "I guess I should sleep... you two got a place t' stay? I know there's an ol' motel in town but it ain't too glamorous. I mean, not that my place's any better, but it's got less bugs. Usually."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9