Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Hewn City Tours - Gamma Group
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
@daylights

As they entered the library, Falcon was looking all around, her head lifting to look up toward the upper levels of the building as well; it was in ruins, mostly on the third floor as Pheadra had mentioned being unstable, but it was astounding even still! Remarkable because still so much was in tact, and while many books looked rotten from where they were she could see a few that were still fairly decent.

And then she spotted a recess in the books, where dust and rubble lay around a few shelves of books. There was a staircase near, but nothing to show where the rubble had come from. A pillar maybe, on the upper floors? Falcon stepped forward and inspected the rubble, using a claw to gently move stone and ruined books and scrolls aside.
@daylights

As they entered the library, Falcon was looking all around, her head lifting to look up toward the upper levels of the building as well; it was in ruins, mostly on the third floor as Pheadra had mentioned being unstable, but it was astounding even still! Remarkable because still so much was in tact, and while many books looked rotten from where they were she could see a few that were still fairly decent.

And then she spotted a recess in the books, where dust and rubble lay around a few shelves of books. There was a staircase near, but nothing to show where the rubble had come from. A pillar maybe, on the upper floors? Falcon stepped forward and inspected the rubble, using a claw to gently move stone and ruined books and scrolls aside.
In his bones Eruption was a monster..
OGZ2Ia0.png
@HowlingHooves [i]As Falcon cleared the rubble, a decorated jar revealed itself. The lid remained tightly shut, and it was difficult to tell if something was inside. It still remained very unclear where the rubble had came from. It seemed as if the books and scrolls that lined the shelves were knocked to the floor, and then covered in rubble... If you look up you catch a hole on the ceiling to the next floor as if something had broken through.[/i] [quote][center][b]Falcon Collected:[/b] [item=Gravel] [item=Round Pebbles] [item=Battered Book of Fables] [item=Ornate Porcelain Jar] [item=Immaculate Tablet][/center][/quote]
@HowlingHooves

As Falcon cleared the rubble, a decorated jar revealed itself. The lid remained tightly shut, and it was difficult to tell if something was inside. It still remained very unclear where the rubble had came from. It seemed as if the books and scrolls that lined the shelves were knocked to the floor, and then covered in rubble... If you look up you catch a hole on the ceiling to the next floor as if something had broken through.
Quote:
Falcon Collected:
Gravel Round Pebbles Battered Book of Fables Ornate Porcelain Jar Immaculate Tablet
@daylights

Baldur's beak gaped at the massive structure. Surely he had never seen anything like this and quite enjoyed the structure. He walked inside carefully, following his guide. He wandered down one of the halls and looked for anything that may have contained something or been of value at one point. He walked past multitudes of dusty and old books before stopped at a small structure before a crumbling staircase that lead to the second floor.

Could this have been a desk at one point? He brushed some books aside from the structure and moved on to examine the stairs. He wondered how far up they used to go and what sort of weight they used to hold.
@daylights

Baldur's beak gaped at the massive structure. Surely he had never seen anything like this and quite enjoyed the structure. He walked inside carefully, following his guide. He wandered down one of the halls and looked for anything that may have contained something or been of value at one point. He walked past multitudes of dusty and old books before stopped at a small structure before a crumbling staircase that lead to the second floor.

Could this have been a desk at one point? He brushed some books aside from the structure and moved on to examine the stairs. He wondered how far up they used to go and what sort of weight they used to hold.
C5gD3QO.gif
TPONzCn.png
@Rivix [i]An abundance of interesting books and scrolls collected on the desk. The stairs seemed fragile and ready to fall if too much pressure was added, but if one was careful they would probably hold. There were odd scratches in the stairs... It looked as if they were claw marks, and some dragon was trying to climb up. They seemed aged, so you could assume that it happened some time ago.[/i] [quote][center][b]Baldur Collected:[/b] [item=immaculate tablet] [item=battered scroll case] [item=scroll of renaming] [item=aged tome][/center] [/quote]
@Rivix

An abundance of interesting books and scrolls collected on the desk. The stairs seemed fragile and ready to fall if too much pressure was added, but if one was careful they would probably hold. There were odd scratches in the stairs... It looked as if they were claw marks, and some dragon was trying to climb up. They seemed aged, so you could assume that it happened some time ago.

Quote:
Baldur Collected:
Immaculate Tablet Battered Scroll Case Scroll of Renaming Aged Tome
@Someone @Cynderbark @Rivix @daylights @HowlingHooves [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7732169] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77322/7732169_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Mindful of the cracks and crumbling masonry, Myron entered the library following the others. What once had surely been a beautiful interior was now marred by the devastating effects of time and neglect. Climbing up to the second floor relying more on his wings than his claws, he made his way up to the second floor. Calling down to their guide, Myron asked, [b]"Phaedra, how often does anyone come out to visit this library? It's so sad, seeing all of this stuff just...crumbling away."[/b] Carefully, Myron made his way around the book shelves, trailing his claws gently along the shelves. [i]Such a waste...so much knowledge here, but none of it legible.[/i] Sighing, he continued his exploration, then turned to his feathered familiar, saying, [b]"Would you please fly up to the next floor? [u]Let me know what you see, and bring back anything particularly interesting![/u]"[/b] With that, he watched his familiar in flight, before turning back to look around the second floor. ((Sorry for being so late, I was having computer issues today. Really sucks, barely got any coli time))
@Someone @Cynderbark @Rivix @daylights @HowlingHooves Mindful of the cracks and crumbling masonry, Myron entered the library following the others. What once had surely been a beautiful interior was now marred by the devastating effects of time and neglect. Climbing up to the second floor relying more on his wings than his claws, he made his way up to the second floor. Calling down to their guide, Myron asked, "Phaedra, how often does anyone come out to visit this library? It's so sad, seeing all of this stuff just...crumbling away."
Carefully, Myron made his way around the book shelves, trailing his claws gently along the shelves. Such a waste...so much knowledge here, but none of it legible. Sighing, he continued his exploration, then turned to his feathered familiar, saying, "Would you please fly up to the next floor? Let me know what you see, and bring back anything particularly interesting!" With that, he watched his familiar in flight, before turning back to look around the second floor.

((Sorry for being so late, I was having computer issues today. Really sucks, barely got any coli time))
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
@LynterriaHatake (( No worries ^-^ )) [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6954637] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69547/6954637_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Phaedra glanced up to where she heard her name be called. She articulated, [b]"Well, on occasion some scholars or archaeologists visit for research... However, since any of the information these books hold has yet to be deciphered, frequent visits prove useless."[/b] Since it wasn't often that she visited herself, Phaedra decided also to browse around. She didn't wander far, as they would leave to their next destination soon. She shouted out a reminder, [b]"We'll be leaving shortly, so if you'd like to look at anything else here, please do soon."[/b] ----- [i]Myron's aviar glided itself through the crumbling ceiling to the upper floor. The third floor was in the most of ruins-- having time and mystery tear at it's interior. After some time, the familiar returned with some glistening items gripped in its claws.[/i] [quote][center][b]Myron Collected:[/b] [item=immaculate Tablet] [item=Berserker] [item=ornate copper necklace][/center][/quote]
@LynterriaHatake
(( No worries ^-^ ))

Phaedra glanced up to where she heard her name be called. She articulated, "Well, on occasion some scholars or archaeologists visit for research... However, since any of the information these books hold has yet to be deciphered, frequent visits prove useless."

Since it wasn't often that she visited herself, Phaedra decided also to browse around. She didn't wander far, as they would leave to their next destination soon. She shouted out a reminder, "We'll be leaving shortly, so if you'd like to look at anything else here, please do soon."

Myron's aviar glided itself through the crumbling ceiling to the upper floor. The third floor was in the most of ruins-- having time and mystery tear at it's interior. After some time, the familiar returned with some glistening items gripped in its claws.

Quote:
Myron Collected:
Immaculate Tablet Berserker Ornate Copper Necklace
[center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7732169] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77322/7732169_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Myron thanked his familiar, donning his new necklace gleefully. He took a final look around the second floor then made his way downstairs to look around the first floor while he waited for the others to finish their own explorations.
Myron thanked his familiar, donning his new necklace gleefully. He took a final look around the second floor then made his way downstairs to look around the first floor while he waited for the others to finish their own explorations.
4NA9bEO.gif
Need an ice nest? Just send food
I train dragons! Elemental egg or 250kt/g to lvl25, 2-3 days
If you're waiting on a response, please check username spelling and ping/PM again :)
mTHWciO.gif tumblr_inline_nsthqhH2Q11s23g03_540.png
@daylights

Having found some things to write about in her journal that night, or the next morning as she could feel her body growing tired with the excitement that had built up throughout their exploring of te library, Falcon decided that one last look wouldn't hurt. She might even find something that would lead to a greater discovery!

She moved toward the stairs, as Baldur had, but she stopped and took a closer look at the walls and the staircase itself. Baldur hadn't mentioned anything, and Pheadra hadn't said anything either but this.. The claws scraped so deep into the stone. "Phaedra.. Did anyone ever find out where these came from? I don't think something good happened here, before it became ruins." she stated nervously, swallowing as she felt her scales brushing together, a chill running through her at the thought of what may have been here. Or what still could be.

Nevertheless, Falcon stepped closer and followed the scratching with her eyes until it ended near the third floor. Too bad she couldn't go up there. But then she gave a sidelong glance to her guide, wondering if perhaps she could sneak away and return when they made camp. Perhaps one of the others would go with her? No, she couldn't do that. So she instead rummaged through some of the nearby shelves though her interest in them was only half of what may be lurking on the third floor was.
@daylights

Having found some things to write about in her journal that night, or the next morning as she could feel her body growing tired with the excitement that had built up throughout their exploring of te library, Falcon decided that one last look wouldn't hurt. She might even find something that would lead to a greater discovery!

She moved toward the stairs, as Baldur had, but she stopped and took a closer look at the walls and the staircase itself. Baldur hadn't mentioned anything, and Pheadra hadn't said anything either but this.. The claws scraped so deep into the stone. "Phaedra.. Did anyone ever find out where these came from? I don't think something good happened here, before it became ruins." she stated nervously, swallowing as she felt her scales brushing together, a chill running through her at the thought of what may have been here. Or what still could be.

Nevertheless, Falcon stepped closer and followed the scratching with her eyes until it ended near the third floor. Too bad she couldn't go up there. But then she gave a sidelong glance to her guide, wondering if perhaps she could sneak away and return when they made camp. Perhaps one of the others would go with her? No, she couldn't do that. So she instead rummaged through some of the nearby shelves though her interest in them was only half of what may be lurking on the third floor was.
In his bones Eruption was a monster..
OGZ2Ia0.png
@HowlingHooves [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6954637] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69547/6954637_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Hearing her name called, Phaedra crossed her head to the source. She brought herself over a bit to where the staircase was in view, but no closer. She caught Falcon examing the steps, and then carrying herself up them. [b]"This place holds much mystery, that is for sure. I'm afraid I'm not so sure where they came from..."[/b] She took a breath of air, [b]"Hurry up now, I have a camp prepared out in front of the library with a fire. We're leaving in the morning."[/b] ----- [i]As Falcon skimmed through the shelves of their contents a quick shadow drifted behind the shelf. A light pattering against the different shelves echoed throughout the room. Suddenly, two small golden eyes revealed themselves between a pair of books. The creature hopped down closer to Falcon, and sat peering up to her. It was a strangely friendly, Swift Lumen. [/i] [quote][center][b]Falcon collected:[/b] [item=immaculate tablet][item=swift lumen][item=forest field guide][item=scroll case][/quote] (( We'll be going to our next location tomorrow when I make the intro post, probably around 12:00 FR time. You all have until then to do any last minute interactions~ )) @Someone @Rivix @LynterriaHatake @Cynderbark
@HowlingHooves

Hearing her name called, Phaedra crossed her head to the source. She brought herself over a bit to where the staircase was in view, but no closer. She caught Falcon examing the steps, and then carrying herself up them. "This place holds much mystery, that is for sure. I'm afraid I'm not so sure where they came from..." She took a breath of air, "Hurry up now, I have a camp prepared out in front of the library with a fire. We're leaving in the morning."

As Falcon skimmed through the shelves of their contents a quick shadow drifted behind the shelf. A light pattering against the different shelves echoed throughout the room. Suddenly, two small golden eyes revealed themselves between a pair of books. The creature hopped down closer to Falcon, and sat peering up to her. It was a strangely friendly, Swift Lumen.

Quote:
Falcon collected:
Immaculate Tablet Swift Lumen Forest Field Guide Scroll Case

(( We'll be going to our next location tomorrow when I make the intro post, probably around 12:00 FR time. You all have until then to do any last minute interactions~ ))
@Someone @Rivix @LynterriaHatake @Cynderbark
@Someone @Cynderbark @Rivix @LynterriaHatake @HowlingHooves [center][size=5][b][font=Century Schoolbook]The Waterway[/font][/b][/size] [img]http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae149/LaylayXDX/waterway_zpsmpafmzvm.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=6954637] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/69547/6954637_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The next morning, Phaedra directed the group from the front of the library back to the mysterious ruins of the city. Their next location would take some time to get to, but was one of her favorites. When their location became near, Phaedra announced, [b]"Our next location is the expansive waterways of Hewn City. During this season, it is hardly dangerous. As well, we won't be delving too deep into it's depths to encounter something dangerous."[/b] After another miles or so the group arrived at it's entrance-- shielded by a large grate. Phaedra removed the grate with ease, and then began to descend downwards. Pulling out a lantern for light, she revealed the deep tunnels of the waterway. [b]"I wouldn't exactly recommend going in the water-- it's not [i]extremely[/i] harmful but you may get sick. Anyways, these underground aqueducts are assumed to once have been the city's main source of fresh water. Being underground the water is able to stay at cool temperatures. However, over time and neglect you may tell the water is not in the best condition. You all may browse around and get a good feel for the location, just don't wander off too far."[/b]
@Someone @Cynderbark @Rivix @LynterriaHatake @HowlingHooves
The Waterway

waterway_zpsmpafmzvm.png

6954637_350.png

The next morning, Phaedra directed the group from the front of the library back to the mysterious ruins of the city. Their next location would take some time to get to, but was one of her favorites. When their location became near, Phaedra announced, "Our next location is the expansive waterways of Hewn City. During this season, it is hardly dangerous. As well, we won't be delving too deep into it's depths to encounter something dangerous."

After another miles or so the group arrived at it's entrance-- shielded by a large grate. Phaedra removed the grate with ease, and then began to descend downwards. Pulling out a lantern for light, she revealed the deep tunnels of the waterway. "I wouldn't exactly recommend going in the water-- it's not extremely harmful but you may get sick. Anyways, these underground aqueducts are assumed to once have been the city's main source of fresh water. Being underground the water is able to stay at cool temperatures. However, over time and neglect you may tell the water is not in the best condition. You all may browse around and get a good feel for the location, just don't wander off too far."
1 2 3 4 5 6 7